Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

Verykin's profile
Statistics
36 Posts (0.04 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté August 12, 2014, 12:51:11 | #1
Like i said in a previous thread,
i'm surprised by the amount of people religiously defending this revamp like it had no downsides - i wonder why ?

Yes, there are some good things in it, such as the choice of elements, more dmg/res but this comes at the cost of changing other stats in the equipment.

Of course, things could still change before going live but from the info provided in these forums, several items will be losing PP, Ini, Crit, or even Dmg... and having them replaced with stats i had no primary interest on such as lock.

I wonder, is Ankama going to "compensate" players somehow, particularly those who runed their gear
or is it going to be a "suck it up or..." kind of revamp ?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762283  Replies : 57  Views : 2000
posté August 11, 2014, 18:17:14 | #2

Quote (Szega @ 11 August 2014 17:46) *

Quote (LioVamp @ 11 August 2014 17:27) *
I wonder if we will end up with "exotic" stuff (like the one that was with rune revamp, leaving old runes and a new rune system)
I do not think so. After-revamp items are generally stronger than current items.
Also, it was clearly stated that we will be able to choose the elements on old items at the time of the revamp. Meaning that they will be replaced by the new ones.

It's not only the elements choice i'm concerned but also sometimes the lack of it in some gear replaced by dmg type (range,aoe,single,melee) and other stats replaced or removed.

From what i've seen here, if these changes go through as they are, they'll make some existing used items redundant for the player and i wonder what other items would have to be replaced on toons and sidekicks.

I imagine, having existing gear runed up with optimal stats for the player and the revamp replacing those stats with ones they'll have no use for, leading to the player to go through the process of choosing the gear and rune it again - this is probably not an issue for people with access and means to replace gear easily but not everyone is like that. This also gives a bad vibe when we recall a previous smithmagic revamp.

I read somewhere, that CMC and Control is going to be changed or even removed again, and where my Osa is concerned, i can't help to think if i've just wasted time with crafting for items with such stats. This feeling extends to other classes and/or items with desirable stats.

This is where my main concern resides

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762018  Replies : 27  Views : 973
posté August 11, 2014, 13:53:10 | #3
I wouldn't call the repack issue of the incoming item revamp the dumbest thing.

What boggles my mind, is the overall positive reception of the item stat changes, apart from the element customization, also changes other stats in a wide range of items and level's. I wonder how many people will have to start from scratch to gear/rune their toons / sidekicks again for their current level's and how many can do so with a tolerable effort and a smile in their face.

Unless i'm missing something, i can't help of thinking of a mass Stockholm syndrome going on towards Ankama.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761942  Replies : 27  Views : 973
posté August 09, 2014, 20:31:13 | #4
Thanks.

I'd check the Beta server for more info but my Antivirus quarantines the installer immediately so i left it at that.

At the moment i'm thorn between completely stop playing or starting looking forward such update.

From what i've read, this new system will give flexibility around choosing the elements but i've seen some screenshots of existing gear with other completely different stats - take the Emiw neck and ring for example, and this disturbs me a bit since i've chosen equipment based on the existing stats and i wonder what other equipment i've been collecting waiting for my toons lvl up will be made redundant.

I don't think i can go through the process of getting (the same) gear again with stats i want and have a feeling i could have been using my time (and money) better...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761379  Replies : 211  Views : 5450
posté August 09, 2014, 18:56:59 | #5
Without going through everything to look for what i want i ask,

when are these changes planned to go live ?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761363  Replies : 211  Views : 5450
posté August 07, 2014, 14:49:33 | #6
Indeed, this is very annoying.

Wakfu game performance degrades through the play session, changing toons ,visit several maps or run dungeons, so i usually have to restart client to get the game to run smoother. In the past, this was no biggie unless doing content with other peeps and asking them to wait a min for a relog.

Now, after i relog and get to the server select screen, i have to cross my fingers to get past it to the toon select screen - it likes to CTD there.
Or, if i manage to get past it and log a toon into the game, i have to cross my fingers to have the sidekicks available and working.

If not, i have to relog again and run my odds of successfully get into the game with no crashes and with sidekicks working.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #760777  Replies : 4  Views : 397
posté August 01, 2014, 12:50:24 | #7
Agree with OP.

2nd time today i misclicked the sort bag contents by mistake... having the full character inventory, all sorted out by type of items and whatnot, being totally rearranged with no confirmation whatsoever is annoying... i mean, really !

Either move the sort bag contents button or atleast give a confirmation popup message.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #759079  Replies : 18  Views : 875
posté July 25, 2014, 21:53:20 | #8
Multimen sidekicks not working All of the sudden i can't see any of the 6 sidekicks i own therefore i can't use any.

None of the sidekicks shown in "show all" can be selected and all are lvl 1.

Let's hope Ankama didn't set off for the weekend just yet or this bug will ruin it a bit.

ps #1: this issue seems to affect more people after asking around.

ps #2: Relogging the game didn't work so i decided to restart the pc - got the sidekicks working again...

Go figure.

This post has been edited by Verykin - July 25, 2014, 22:21:47.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #757289  Replies : 0  Views : 89
posté June 30, 2014, 21:26:08 | #9
Ticket number: 1108784

Issue: Can't purchase Ogrines - at the choose payment method no options are given thus cannot proceed with purchase.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #750556  Replies : 474  Views : 13321
posté July 31, 2013, 18:43:40 | #10
I see.
Wasn't aware the compensation was given with these and the quick search didn't return meaningful results.

Thanks for bringing back the enjoyment to my day.

Thread purpose fulfilled.

PS: Ankama, review smithmagic 

This post has been edited by Verykin - July 31, 2013, 18:45:25.
Reason for edit : wishful thiking
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #583461  Replies : 2  Views : 779
posté July 31, 2013, 18:14:00 | #11
Pack of xxx Class x Sparkling Runes I just saw these items in the encyclopedia, Wakfu-Elements, could be old news but i've never seen these before.

Click here

My gut hints me for something i dare not to think it out loud so i rather play naive and assume these are either "old" coded items never implemented, are or will be ingame exclusive rare drops, token rewards or something ?

This post has been edited by Verykin - July 31, 2013, 18:14:32.
Reason for edit : typo
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #583453  Replies : 2  Views : 779
posté July 18, 2013, 16:29:10 | #12
Judging by the "radio silence" since this revamp was implemented, i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an official reply.

To me at the moment, my equips have some funny looking squares in them which may be used in the future.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #576183  Replies : 284  Views : 15429
posté July 18, 2013, 16:10:36 | #13
Interesting post OP which brings some interesting "flaws" when experiencing Wakfu - particularly for new subscribers.

*unfotunately, my TL: DR key is broken*

The game improved a bit since i played last year and when the motto was "WG till your eyes bleed", making the lvl'ing experience poor and frustrating in the fun department. Back then, WG was bursting with activity to powerlevel solo players or those multi accounting.

Sadly, multi account players still have the edge when dealing with "gameplay flaws" such as lvl'ing, item drops, trade items among same account toons and beating group content - the catch however is paying more subscriptions which Ankama seems to advocate more instead of making solo account player's experience more enjoyable which i personally think would lead to more subscriptions versus the multi account'ers. Being a single account player in a big and active guild makes these flaws have less impact in their enjoyment but unfortunately small guilds and casual players see this more often than they'd like.

This becomes more evident to people who played many other mmo's and experienced their gameplay mechanics and then compare them to Wakfu implementations - they seem a step backwards.

Currently with challenge quests, the lvl'ing situation is improved, although i think the "Hordes" quests rewards need to increase a little given the time and effort to do them compared to the other challenge quests. But lvl'ing is still regarded as a choir and most people look for powerleveling, specially when making alt toons where the lvling experience doesn't change other than maybe choosing a different nation which leads me to the point where i see Brakmar,Amakna (a bit busier at trees) and Sufokia lacking activity compared to Bonta ( nationwide activity and market) other than maybe some dungeons.

Gear wise, the easiest (and most boring) way to gear up for those lacking buddies, big and active guilds or the patience to drop that last missing item after the 666th kill, is to mine,mine,mine,mine,mine,mine and camp trading for the parts they need. Crafting for the moment is lacking good enough gear to surpass the popular sought after sets but this could change in the future.

Bottom line, the game is improving(?) but at a slow rate where players will probably choose another game to devote their time on while Ankama still tweaks with their (beta) Wakfu.

This post has been edited by Verykin - July 18, 2013, 16:11:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #576167  Replies : 21  Views : 1484
posté July 17, 2013, 19:39:08 | #14
This certainly looks like a step in the right direction to me, in providing flexibility when making builds. Quite frustrating to be "sub-optimal" when one last piece of equipment is missing to complete the set bonuses and either solution is to grind the PP or/and check trade for exquisite priced entries. The +AP gear bonus being applied to a greater item variety is a big improvement.

Looking at that work in progress screenshot, i hope you'll be providing better multi element gear bonuses in the future aswell. Having one of my classes preferring to play Earth main / Air secondary pretty much since inception, i found the currently offerings ( ex: Whisper set) a bit lackluster while day dreaming with DP set - forfut is a nice set (minus the -bonuses) but lacks a worthy follow up for me at the moment to develop my build further.

Really happy to see this carrying over to crafting aswell, making it more valued outside the current legendary crafts and a few other things - who knows, it may even allow to compete in the market as an actual business with a greater item variety and demand.

I'll also echo the PP complain trend, even when i don't have an enutrof toon or multi accounts dedicated to item drops. Although, spending most of the time in PP gear instead of my better fighting gear to boost the current drop chances and locks, leaves me with an uneasy feeling more often than not. Somehow, i think this situation could be improved without adding (even more) grinding to the already increasingly grindy game for the sake of longevity and sanity.

Overall, intentions look good and reasonable but we have yet to see their execution and reception.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #575763  Replies : 56  Views : 3852
posté July 07, 2013, 02:47:38 | #15

Quote (everat @ 07 July 2013 01:47) *

Quote (IYesWayI @ 07 July 2013 00:53) *
  • Players with high level gear and their end game sets have nothing else to spend there money on.
Heaven Worlds!

The cost for the runes would be quite alright though if there were a way to reduce randomness at least. Getting 1 prospecting from a level 120 perfect rune is just plain sad seeing how many items i had to salvage for it.

Pretty much this ^

Being the current system so random in giving desirable bonuses, it also adds "insult to injury" by giving random strength even when using perfect runes - it's hardly player customization other than leaving whatever rune was revealed or remove it.

Too much of a time/money sink, specially when playing several toons. In it's current state, it's also generally not worth to (waste) socket mid lvl gear and save them powders/runes for a better near/end game set if playstyle is more casual.

I've been tempted to go play the lottery game as it stands but just the thought of Ankama changing the mechanics again without any consideration for the players who invested too much in overdue flaws, holds me back.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #570573  Replies : 30  Views : 1225
posté June 26, 2013, 17:31:22 | #16

Quote (Snowy09 @ 26 June 2013 17:01) *

You will now receive profession experience when using the Workshops in your Haven Bags
This should be sung from the mountaintops or something. Best news ever. Thank you.

Very good news indeed.

Any word for the future on providing guild points to crafting outside dailies ?

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #565787  Replies : 29  Views : 3338
posté June 26, 2013, 15:43:31 | #17
Once i saw daily quests for guild points i knew it would be bad.
Previous system was better for casual contribution to guild progression and covering more (and better) ways of said contributions - crafters get shafted now.

It's no surprise Ankama development team only think about game mechanics 2-3 moves ahead and then patch them out several times trying to fix - this is due to the lack of depth of thinking, even replacing whole game mechanics with new and improved failed ones.

Wakfu is funded beta development

Still i appreciate the effort put into it, like the "new rune system" but the planning and forethought of these "Improvements" makes me wonder if they actually play their games to the point of obliterating common sense.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #565615  Replies : 20  Views : 1038
posté June 25, 2013, 21:43:13 | #18
Charity is what the community is doing for Ankama by paying to beta test.

I'd expect by now, skill change patches to throw a restat aswell but after seeing the new addition of such "commodity" to the boutique (together with the 1200 item monthly quest), i'm not surprised they'll try to milk it out.

... and to complement your words - a business which is too greedy, loses it's customers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #564919  Replies : 66  Views : 2409
posté June 25, 2013, 20:04:33 | #19
here goes nothing...

...+1 for restat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #564825  Replies : 66  Views : 2409
posté June 25, 2013, 14:24:23 | #20

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 June 2013 13:08) *

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 25 June 2013 13:06) *
Soo.....no respec?

OMG no respec. This game, my brain hurts.

Was thinking about the same thing...

I guess i better start collecting those 1400 items :/

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #564367  Replies : 98  Views : 5703