Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

The pets are on their way into the world of WAKFU!
German WAKFU Community Manager * Member Since 2011-07-27
posté February 01, 2012, 14:41:28 | #1
The pets are on their way into the world of WAKFU! Who hasn’t dreamed of a Bow Meow or a Gobball happily running at their feet? The pets are coming to the WAKFU universe!

Discover the adorable companions of our future adventures!

Dear beta testers, you have been waiting for them and they will be there on time for the game release.
The pets can be obtained in different ways: as a reward from the achievements, as a rare drop or even as part of the subscription packages.

The pet features

Don't worry, as soon as everything in the game is translated, your pet will also speak English! :p

The pet starts its life with a vitality of 20 Health Points. It will lose 1 Health point if:

• Fed too little, or too often;
  • Fed with a non suitable food, that isn’t part of his diet,
  • When its carrier loose a fight.

In case of abuse, the owner of the pet will be able to give his pet some Health Points back by using Osamoda Powder (up to 20 maximum). Although, if the vitality of the pet goes to 0, it will then become “Weakened” and will no longer give any bonus to its carrier until its vitality improves.

When first obtained, your pet is at level 0, but with proper care, it may soon reach its maximum level of 50. To do this, simply feed it properly (with proper food and suitable frequency), or win battles with having your pet equipped.

Each pet brings a bonus to its carrier. This bonus is determined by the pet itself, its level, and the type of food that you have given to your pet.

All the pets can also be customized. Either via a consumable item that can change the color of the pet; or via a customization item that can be worn by the pet (only 1 item to be equipped at a time).

And what about our friend the Gemlin?

The Gemlin remains present, and will still be found in Incarnam where you must save it from the terrible Bow Meow in your first fight. It will in fact be the first pet of your adventure.

And if you are unable to let go of it before leaving Incarnam, we feel that the possibility to have something other than a gelatinous creature by your side might rejoice more than one. Although if you do take good care of it, the Gemlin may still give you a bonus up to 50 additional Health Points.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-03-25
posté February 01, 2012, 14:44:31 | #2
Oh! Now you're talking!

---

Though I expected more than Dofus style pets. They could help us on our gathering tasks (profession) and yet give in fight bonuses. We could maybe free some of them in our haven bags...
Anyways, that's still better than a transparent jelly  

This post has been edited by Arthropoda - February 01, 2012, 14:52:49.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-09-08
posté February 01, 2012, 14:56:02 | #3
I think you guys have more importent things to do then pets in this game before its release.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2010-05-20
posté February 01, 2012, 15:35:51 | #4
Oh would be awesome to let them run free in your havenbag and play with them

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-04-27
posté February 01, 2012, 15:43:05 | #5
Oh that sooooo cute
Customization for pets is a good idea but you guys could implement more customizations for the classes too, just 5 different colors for the clothes and 3 hairstyles it's just a little bit don't you think?

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté February 01, 2012, 15:43:07 | #6
It is a strange feeling hearing someone actually tell us something about future.

But how about :

-Sram ? (Too powerful)
-Feca ? (Too useless)
-Ecaflip ? (Not here)
-Rouge ? (Not here)
-Masqueraider ? (Not here)
-No tutorial ? (We need that)
-Ecosystem abusing ? (There was no wheat in bonta for a month)

How could i forget that?
-HP, if anyone asks about stats, answer is always HP.

This post has been edited by AihanK - February 01, 2012, 15:53:28.
Reason for edit : added hp
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2007-03-08
posté February 01, 2012, 15:50:41 | #7

Quote (Mascha-chan @ 01 February 2012 14:41) *
Dear beta testers, you have been waiting for them and they will be there on time for the game release.
Really? Which beta-testers?

I think I've seen roughly 2 or 3 threads in total asking for Pets, and I think those were more about the Gemlin.

This post has been edited by GoldfishGod - February 01, 2012, 15:51:43.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-11-24
posté February 01, 2012, 15:58:04 | #8
well nice, like GfG said not quite a priority... Oo any is more content and might add some fun, we will see

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-02-10
posté February 01, 2012, 15:59:11 | #9
Oh my crap i NEED that white fluffy one

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-04-27
posté February 01, 2012, 16:05:08 | #10
Hey AihanK, calm down man
- Srams come just a few days ago, we're testing to tell for the Devs if the class is good enough or if needs some changes.
- Feca in my opinion is good, just need some minor changes.
- Ecaflips and Rogues before the wipe ( dunno if you play ) was not so faithful for their roles, with elements and specialities with a lack of power, utility or even synchrony with their own, so they have to remake everything, for example, sram becomes invisible, ecaflips must have a spell to find this tricky guys and we could control the critical hits/ failures in the fields ( would be interesting ) or the system of bombs it was quite useless, weak and dificult to execute in a perfect way ( quite impossible in a pvp match )
- Masks ok ok, this one is late x_x
- Tutorial, i don't know if you guys agree with me but all Incarnam is a tutorial, their you learn how to fight, take a profession and work on that, craft money, finish achievments, find hidden treasures ( emotes for example ) that late will help you to complete a lot of achievs and equipe your character.
- Ecosystem, this is a problem that we players should avoid, if you see that wheat is almost over, you should collect some seeds and plant in your haven bag for your own use or in the fields, as you like, so the governor have to imput some laws to help in this problem too, but any player can help in this situation.

posté February 01, 2012, 16:44:28 | #11
Each pet brings a bonus to its carrier. This bonus is determined by the pet itself, its level, and the type of food that you have given to your pet.
1: Does that mean, the bonus will kept changing by feeding different food?

2: Is it possible to retain the bonus we want permanently?

3: Max levels is 50, does every level gain 1 bonus point?

posté February 01, 2012, 16:46:33 | #12
Beow Meow
epic win

posté February 01, 2012, 16:51:52 | #13
how we can get it?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-11-24
posté February 01, 2012, 17:47:35 | #14

Quote (inanimexs @ 01 February 2012 16:51) *
how we can get it?

- Dear beta testers, you have been waiting for them and they will be there on time for the game release.
- The pets can be obtained in different ways: as a reward from the achievements, as a rare drop or even as part of the subscription packages.

Edit: Since i didn't know what "get it" you where taking about (the "when they add them to the game", or the "how can i get them in game") i add both hope it helps  

This post has been edited by microundeas - February 01, 2012, 18:04:46.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-01-06
posté February 01, 2012, 20:04:24 | #15
pets? What fresh hell is this!?
I want my ecaflip not damn kitty cats!

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-27
posté February 01, 2012, 20:25:22 | #16

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-11-19
posté February 01, 2012, 20:34:19 | #17
If they are free, I like them, but if don't.. I hate them!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté February 01, 2012, 21:03:38 | #18
Would be cool if we could customize ourself too, with new hair colour or new clothes... i kinda love those blue leafs that hoodlum sadida has... also her blakc hair! For now i will just be happy with pet customization. And bonuses? What bonuses? I want +1WP or +1 leadership! But i guess only those stats that can be added 1 by 1 in every pet level will be implemented like initative or dodge.... (maybe resist(!) ... i hope).

posté February 01, 2012, 21:46:53 | #19
I don't even know how to take this............
I mean they have so many stuff to fix and now they wanna add moar stuff that will probably lead to moar fixes >_>
If i could choose a pet, i would take that white fluflly one, his cuteness is stronger than money :O

posté February 01, 2012, 22:31:36 | #20
So they just decided to scrap the entire gemlin idea? I hope not, they could have done much more interesting things with him, after all he is a jelly, he could just turn into anything else.

I like the idea of adding other pets since even gemlin wouldn't be the same as a cat for example (no fur), but it also better have more things to do with on the future as some have said of being able to put it into out haven bag. But if its a substitution of gemlin its just sad.

This post has been edited by Yechnagoth - February 01, 2012, 22:32:30.