Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

What's with all the needy newbies Dx
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-12-22
posté January 09, 2014, 05:21:01 | #1
What's with all the needy newbies Dx Maybe it's just since I've gotten high level lately and just hit 140, I've noticed so many more people asking me for things like this:

[picture edited out~!]

Sorry but, who is this guy and people like him? O_O He just started messaging me one day and all of his messages were "can you help me to drop this" or "can you power lvl me" or "can you help me with something" and up til now I've just said, "Sorry, I'm busy" or something because I don't even know him, but I got annoyed with all the bugging and all the "oh so you're not helping me?" judginess this time and went off on him. I don't even know if he's really a newbie because in the weeks that he's been asking for help, he hasn't leveled from lvl 70s, and he's been on the 1st part of the relic quest for a week.

But come on, guys, what happened to self sufficiency? I'm more than happy to help friends or guildies that can turn out to be friends. But strangers who just keep bugging me? Like seriously our conversation is over after I say no I can't help you right now. Did you want to at least try to strike up a friendship before you ask for help all day?

I know it's tough to level up on your own or to find equips on your own, but seriously... try to make friends and just play the game? You're not entitled to power leveling, free gear, or anything just because someone else is higher level, luckier, better geared, etc. than you. And if you act like you are, people don't like you. And if people don't like you, you won't get free shit.

And if you really, really just want free shit and to bug people, go bug Caeli or something. xD The end, thank you~

- Joy

This post has been edited by KaiyaNes - January 13, 2014, 09:00:33.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-05-06
posté January 09, 2014, 08:36:30 | #2
tl;dr, you-prolly-know-who led me to this post. Strawberry, you're cool and all. So, try not to point out names. Its against the rules, and you're one of the few tolerable people in the community. Also, I have encountered said person and don't know what their deal is, either.

Also, noobs are inherently needy, they are noobs. They're like children. Would you kick an infant over a goal post and shout, "Get your own damn food." I would. But, I don't think thats for everyone. I think theres a happy medium between "Fend for yourself, nub" and, "K, lemme give u all teh stuff". When I help noobs, its to help them drop something. They have to work with me. Seems to ward off beggars, but not scare off people who are what the word implies, new.

This post has been edited by Ballsdeep69 - January 09, 2014, 08:38:41.
Reason for edit : Spelled "off" wrong.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-05-06
posté January 09, 2014, 08:37:32 | #3
So, this person has asked me for help too. I'm not going to comment further on that, or them. However, I will suggest you edit your picture to blur their name, as this could be considered name shaming.

To respond to you though: I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the game is dying. I'm pretty sure I could count the people level 70-90 on one hand. Everyone's either brand new (and ends up quitting), or end-game. I personally had a hard enough time finding anyone to party with until I hit level 100. I was either with people really far below me, or I was being carried. If you're not getting powerleveled to 100, you're grinding by yourself for EVER, and 75-100 is some of the worst grinding in the game without a party and regular dungeon runs. I don't blame people for asking for help. Consider giving it, and don't complain that the little people want a helping hand from someone bigger. If you don't want to help anymore, kindly let them know, not name-shame them in the forums and bitch about it.

The less people there are, the harder the game is. It's as simple as that.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-03-04
posté January 09, 2014, 08:41:30 | #4
oh dear, I'm not a noxian, but I know how that feels ^^

There is, in fact, quite a lot of them, and they'd do any attempt to have you help them tbh, which is quite annoying. Best thing to do is ignore them and leave them alone. I like to say that if they can't fend for themselves in the game, then they're better off not playing it.

And you are right, its not so hard to make friends, find a guild, and level up with those people, and that's the way it should be. Apparently, I'd like to believe that a majority *not generalizing all XD* of the newbie influx in this game just want things directly handed to them - instant gratification, which is quite annoying :\ but ah, cant do anything about it. Better to leave them alone and ignore them, if they don't stop asking you for shizzles.

Its okai if they ask, but it is very rude to reply that way when you decline to offer them your help :p
So, no.. its more like f*q that newbie, when we've worked our asses to get our characters to what they are now :!

have a good day anyways, Joy

- Nokorin

This post has been edited by Ichiechiechie - January 09, 2014, 08:43:18.
posté January 09, 2014, 08:42:29 | #5
So, I had another thought. When I was a nooblet, I was afraid of high levels, thanks to CSP. I mean, I could wipe the floor with most of them now, cuz Osa master race, but I wasn't strong then. That being said, I also needed some help from time to time, so I'd have to ball up and ask Skylust. Part of respect is fear, and noobs aren't afraid of us any more. Us, right? Can i be a high level yet?

Anyway, I think we (please we?) should set aside a day to massacre the noobs. Just one day, to put a healthy dose of "Oh god I don't wanna die" fear into them. That way, they're a little less willing to crawl all over us (please us?) and beg for help/stuff.

This post has been edited by Ballsdeep69 - January 09, 2014, 08:44:18.
Reason for edit : Spelled "dose" wrong.
Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-03-04
posté January 09, 2014, 08:47:36 | #6

Quote (Ballsdeep69 @ 09 January 2014 08:42) *
So, I had another thought. When I was a nooblet, I was afraid of high levels, thanks to CSP. I mean, I could wipe the floor with most of them now, cuz Osa master race, but I wasn't strong then. That being said, I also needed some help from time to time, so I'd have to ball up and ask Skylust. Part of respect is fear, and noobs aren't afraid of us any more. Us, right? Can i be a high level yet?

Anyway, I think we (please we?) should set aside a day to massacre the noobs. Just one day, to put a healthy dose of "Oh god I don't wanna die" fear into them. That way, they're a little less willing to crawl all over us (please us?) and beg for help/stuff.

My feels, omg you. I like the way you think, altho I am not brutal enough to do it; Why am I not noxian, why am I not friends with you~ *flails* Okai I should really leave the noxian threads XD *flails*

posté January 09, 2014, 08:49:05 | #7
Probably cuz I've never met you. Also, I kill people.

Its k though. We can be forum-buddies.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté January 09, 2014, 15:50:51 | #8
Quick questions, because I find the idea intriguing, but how are you going to identify these noobs?

Just attack any low level player you come across indiscriminately? Unless you've got a list of the most annoying noobs on the server you might end up pk'ing a bunch of non-noobs who happen to have low level alts.

You need some kind of secret question to ask them before you attack...Something a noob wouldn't know.....

"What does CSP stand for?"

"I dunno, what?"

"Sorry Noob, time to die"

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-04-09
posté January 13, 2014, 00:13:13 | #9
Alright yeah its annoying i dont find it a reason to kill them over ti though...that being said...yes its hard starting out and yes ill give ppl beginning equips BUT thats it and only if i know them. However i wont let anyone leech and i wont leech either...its annoying and its usuing others or letting them use you simple for xp....so just no....also help no problem....use me for junk? or xp though? no..

This post has been edited by lyricalglitchen - January 13, 2014, 22:42:53.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-12-22
posté January 13, 2014, 09:07:09 | #10
Lol I forgot I posted this thread Edited the screenshot out, but it was just very annoying. I'm too lazy to complain about it anymore though xD *stabs Mer*