Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Rimali's profile
Statistics
267 Posts (0.25 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté January 21, 2015, 15:33:58 | #1
As long as they'll get a massive damage increase by loosing HP, Sacriers base Damage/AP will always be lower than those of other classes. Their current 'problems' origin in the missing scaling of core specialties (final damage or % of level), a problem they share with a lot of other classes.

Interesting how different people perceive different classes. Playing Ecaflip and Enutrof myself I would position them rather low on the priority list. At least behind Rouge, Sadida, Maskeraider and Sacrier.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822383  Replies : 101  Views : 2284
posté January 21, 2015, 14:45:35 | #2

Quote (Mapoko @ 21 January 2015 13:16) *
it does 1000 and the chance to do another 1000 is 60% instead
Yes (corresponding description). Just like Roulette, the base damage doesn't change with a crit.
But you've got a far higher chance to stun a target with the God Ecaflip card.

This post has been edited by Rimali - January 21, 2015, 14:46:38.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #822359  Replies : 25  Views : 726
posté January 15, 2015, 14:52:49 | #3

Quote (NettleBriars @ 15 January 2015 13:14) *
Guilds tend to be generally accepting of people. I can't imagine orientation matters much one way or the other.
Agreed. Most people i've meet (on Amara) don't care and rarely speak about orientation or gender. Might be different on the international server, where people of very different cultures meet.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #820093  Replies : 18  Views : 476
posté January 14, 2015, 20:23:17 | #4
Depends like nearly everything on playstyle and preference.

Tarot is the generally stronger and also more interesting choice. Nearly every turn starts with a different mostly positive condition than the previous one, resulting in a more interesting gameplay. (You can't draw the same card twice in a row.) Take Paws Of if you're mostly playing alone or in groups where you'll cuddle with enemies a lot, too. Or if you don't like the random, unpredictable aspect of Tarot.

This post has been edited by Rimali - January 14, 2015, 20:32:57.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #819900  Replies : 4  Views : 252
posté January 13, 2015, 21:05:31 | #5

Quote (Neneko88 @ 03 January 2015 04:09) *
I bet in february like last year..a month late
The game was released on the 29th February 2012. One might argue that - for Wakfu - a new year starts after February.

I don't expect a preview for 2015 before February, too.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819626  Replies : 7  Views : 785
posté January 13, 2015, 17:07:24 | #6
A second opinion:

1. The Types are rather irrelevant, aside from being one- or two-handed. Most weapon attacks have a weak Damage/AP ratio compared to spells.

2. The elemental spells are a solid choice. Regarding Specialties: Don't underestimate Ecaflip Die, the bonuses are also useful if you're focusing on water. Roll Again is quite costly, the damage bonuses aren't final - the relevance shrinks with higher levels. Cat Tree vs Paws Of: Take both, which one first depends on playstyle.

The choice of stats depends on your preferred play style. To gain full advantage of Flea Hopper(Crit Buff) one might weasel around and between the enemies a lot.
Panel 1: As a mainly Water Ecaflip you might focus purely on HP and Resistance, thanks to Flea Hopper and Flea Love. Forget about Heals Reicived, since Heal Resist rises fast and you might get a lot HP instead.
Panel 2: Equal resistances in every element. Take all Damage&Resist Talents, or just three and the Resist&HP of the missing element.
Panel 3: Initiative is mainly a PvP stat. If you're focusing on heal/support take 100% Dodge or 50% Dodge and 50% Dodge&Lock, to hinder enemies together with others.
Panel 4: Either Critical Hit and Heal afterwards or, if you interfere directly near enemies and get hit correspondingly, first Parade and 2/3 Critical Hit and 1/3 Heal afterwards.
Panel 5: Take AP and Range first. (You'll love a wide Flea Hopper range.) MP or WP afterwards, depending on playstyle.

This post has been edited by Rimali - January 13, 2015, 18:30:30.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #819564  Replies : 11  Views : 909
posté January 10, 2015, 14:22:28 | #7
Ecaflips with Water might be build in very different ways. From ranged supporting glascannon to sturdy healing grunt. Even with a build prefering ranged attacks i would choose Lick over Flea Love. The big advantage of Lick is the possibility to heal allies without delay or an enemy nearby. To attack enemies with high fire resistances or a weakness towards water you'll need to get a bit closer, but luckily Ecaflips have quite some abilities to flee afterwards. Flea Love depends on WP and thus interferes with Die Alright, Roll Again, Cat Tree and Bow Meow. If you're already using Die Alright, a second WP consuming spell limits your options in long fights quite considerably.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #818911  Replies : 9  Views : 436
posté January 02, 2015, 18:03:15 | #8

Quote (peteed @ 02 January 2015 10:48) *
The way they explain it seems to imply that I could make a certain type of resource like wheat extinct on my server. But doesn't that mean all crafting patterns that call for wheat/flour/dough every other player has would then become useless since they can't get wheat to make it? Also it seems if thats true someone could make crafting in the game useless completely by making alot of species extinct which would kinda break the game?
In theory, yes. In fact there are a lot of seed and settling banks, several guilds use one of their vaults and some people also own a complete collection on one of their characters. The national species might also be reintroduced by the Nation's ecologist. Nearly every time a new species is introduced some people wreak havoc trying to create monopolies on resources, until those despising this behavior flood the server with the corresponding seeds - since they expected someone might try it again.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #816890  Replies : 7  Views : 377
posté December 31, 2014, 10:36:41 | #9
People rarely seek specific classes, rather roles. With Rough Tongue and Fleehopper you might replace a healer, depending on the dungeon alone or together with some summons or another character with healing abilities. I don't know about others, but at least i'm getting regular invites of nearly complete groups because of this. The Talent where others might curse you is Tarot, if you're granting the already hard hitting boss additional +30% crit (God Ouginak + Wheel of Fortune, rare but sometimes dangerous). The luck dependance mostly evens out over the length of the fight (at least with a Bow Meow). Our more relevant weakness is map manipulation, since we can't move other players or enemies systematically. I don't actively participate in PvP, thus my experiences are to limited to tell about.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #816433  Replies : 11  Views : 909
posté December 30, 2014, 20:01:56 | #10
Leaving the bag and relogging the character always solved that problem for me, at least until now.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #816238  Replies : 5  Views : 286
posté December 29, 2014, 18:53:16 | #11
2014 was interesting and brought some long awaited changes. My personal retrospect looks more or less like this:

Core Mechanics:
The Characteristics revamp was definitely a great improvement to the old system. Same with the possibility to change an items elements. The reintroduction of the token system was also not bad, I would have preferred a version which takes the level difference between player and dungeon into account.(To keep the value of low level items) Wakfu finally got a Group Finder! Awaited since 2012 - at least on the less populated servers - now we've one, not perfect, but a start. The PvP revamp brought a lot of positive changes, but also benefited parasites and griefers (forced war state, necessity for guilds to choose a nation).

Regions:

Shushu Dimension: Scaling enemies are basically not a bad idea. But with the current mechanic, focusing solely on the highest group member, a lot of people are discouraged to even try to build a group for these dungeons below max level. The revamp of Astrub into a more quest driven area might help new players finding into the game. The upper part of Saharash is one of my favorite regions; theme, enemies and quests suit each other well and into the world, simply great. The Divine Dimensions don't really fascinate me.

Classes:

Sram and Pandawa look and feel good (while some surely miss the old barrel deflection), Feca was generally good, especially for those wishing for a more defensive version. With the exception of the fire glyph Feca, whose play style was changed into what feels like a bulky clumsy rogue knock-off. Eliothropes, well... while tactically interesting I didn't warm to these guys because of their back story and attributed personality.

Minor Changes:
Account Chest. Great, just great. Mounts are nice to have, yet far less interesting with dracotruter stations nearly everywhere.

I surely forgot something.

Hopes and Wishes for 2015:

• Back to old strengths: Improvements in community and sandbox aspects.
  • Return of Nations and Politics as central or at least relevant elements.
  • Better tools for Guards, the Ecologists and everyone else to protect the (national) ecosystem.
  • New natural mostly rural regions.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #815939  Replies : 74  Views : 2231
posté December 19, 2014, 12:36:27 | #12
Well, that's rather common and part of a sandbox. Generally someone of those which got seeds and samplings is willing to share, thus it will normalize within the first two weeks. (Maybe this suggestion is something you would like to see.)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #811942  Replies : 22  Views : 1022
posté December 18, 2014, 02:56:53 | #13
How about an additional 'Graduated Adjusting' ?
With every Level Up you're getting stronger, but additional experience also grands the possibility to neglect already gained abilities in favor of others - by getting 'R-Points'. With these you might take back some of your choices to better fit your new interests. Every R-Point allows you to redistribute an already spent point in abilities or specialties. Changing your decisions in the Main category and active specialties might need several R-Points. The higher a character the more R-Points will it gain during one Level. (Every time a characters experience surpasses a certain percent of the XP needed for the next level it gains one R-Point and might either spend it for a minor change or save it up for a bigger adjustment.) Max level Characters might gain an alternative version of experience ('R-XP') and get the chance to gradually change their character this way.

In combination with a method to redistribute the spell experience through fighting this system would institute an alternative more 'natural' way to change a characters strengths.

This post has been edited by Rimali - December 18, 2014, 12:33:44.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810940  Replies : 50  Views : 1269
posté December 17, 2014, 22:44:18 | #14
Reading the title this song directly started playing in my head and it's first lines became an earworm reading the thread. In combination with a flush of memories from the first half year after beta (on Amara).
When most guilds and a lot of players engaged in politics and elections... The candidates explained their plans and programs in the forums and discussed in townhall meetings... Governors of different nations met to discuss trade and laws... The people fussed and argued about Wakfu and Stasis values... Toads nearly died out and later flooded the forest regulary, resulting in killing events... The Nations hold a race which one would build up their draco-stations first... Ogrest chaos destroyed a lot, but also forged those fighting it together (at that time it was still bearable, before it's occurence was multiplied several times) ... Wars started over Wild Estate and Calamar Island and out of principle between Brâkmar and Bonta and resulted in actual fights in the nations...
Ahem...
Getting to the Point: In the rush to satisfy those constantly hungering for better equipment and more challenging content the community and sandbox aspects which once where the trademarks of this game dwindled. It would be great if the Nations and the politics system would regain some of their old importance.

This post has been edited by Rimali - December 18, 2014, 01:15:13.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810837  Replies : 40  Views : 1592
posté December 15, 2014, 15:11:07 | #15
Regarding the original post: Might it be those costumes where accountbound?
(Non-tradeable items can't be trown to the ground as far as i remember.)

I didn't try it myself yet, but this might explain why it wasn't possible to pick them up.

Thread : 1.39 Bug Reports  Preview message : #809579  Replies : 20  Views : 1279
posté December 10, 2014, 00:01:30 | #16

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 09 December 2014 23:36) *
Am I missing something, but whats the point of exalted / calm state giving and taking wp if none of the spells need it? :S
Well, with exalted every spell transforms into a (potential) WP-Spell. If there are WP left, a spell consumes one and it's damage gets increased.

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #806690  Replies : 47  Views : 3011
posté December 08, 2014, 18:12:12 | #17
Spell levels don't increase resistances anymore, just elemental damage.

If focusing on water damage, one should consider a midrange, rather meele oriented play style to benefit from the crit bonus of flea hopper. Accordingly a bit more Hit Points and defensive stats won't hurt. That aside, I disagree with some of your suggestions, here's why:

Intelligence
: Heal resist rises a lot faster since the September update. Getting healed for 3x maxHP results in 100% heal resist. Which diminishes the usefulness of the heal increase in PvE a lot, since you alternatively might get +40% HP for example. My advice: resistance >= lvl/10; +HP >= lvl/10; regeneration

Agility: As an Ecaflip Initiative is rather useless outside of PvP, since you're mostly competing with your own team. You can't actively move enemies or team mates or remove negative effects, only your heals and AoE might be a (rather weak) argument. Dodge increases your mobility, Dodge&Lock might hinder the enemies considerably if you're regularly at the front line.

Specialties: Roll Again is quite costly and it's damage incease not final, thus gets weaker and weaker with higher levels. And if your winning streak isn't below 10, the additional roll is far less attractive, too. Cat Tree is far better if you don't rely on a bow meow, in my opinion.

This post has been edited by Rimali - December 08, 2014, 18:42:21.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #806162  Replies : 5  Views : 1434
posté December 08, 2014, 17:00:00 | #18

Quote (Rotharie @ 08 December 2014 10:45) *
but it is really about what are your play-style preferences.
Agreed. My choice would be Battle and Head or Tails, less risky and situational than All or Nothing.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #806139  Replies : 7  Views : 1477
posté December 03, 2014, 13:06:07 | #19
Agreed. Since ecaflips are using meele and range spells with most builds and don't own a lot spells which might hit several targets.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #804294  Replies : 2  Views : 542
posté December 02, 2014, 22:14:10 | #20
First of all: You don't need to worry to much about potential mistakes. You'll get a free chance to reskill the character with level 30 and 80. (A quest which lasts 48 hours real time.) And might also enter the training room as a reward for a gathering quest and a item from the shop.

1. After every fight your character gains some Spell Experience, which is distributed to the used spells. You can't keep more than 2/2/2, 3/2/0 or 4/0/0 spells at max level, since the needed experience to gain a spell level increases depending how much of your overall spell experience is gathered in one element. In the training room you can freely redistribute it.

2.Beginning with Die and Precision definitely isn't wrong. You'll love the cheaper Leap once you've reached it (8). Tarot should be taken during a reskill, to max it directly (lower chance for bad draws). The Tree is less attractive below max (WP costs). Otherwise there's few to advice regarding the talents order.

This post has been edited by Rimali - December 03, 2014, 13:10:55.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #804072  Replies : 7  Views : 1477