Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Rimali's profile
Statistics
278 Posts (0.25 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté February 27, 2015, 15:22:11 | #1

Quote (Sabi @ 23 February 2015 11:00) *
And to finish with a bang on the last day (Thursday, February 26th) [...]
So from February 23rd to the 26th, help us blow out the candles and get to unpack gifts with the WAKFU Anniversary Calendar!

Thread : News  Preview message : #834145  Replies : 57  Views : 1226
posté February 20, 2015, 16:59:37 | #2
According to the encyclopedia 15 135+ Items grand range. Click here
If they're worth it is a different question.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832092  Replies : 7  Views : 251
posté February 20, 2015, 15:36:37 | #4
Different Ecaflips, different opinions. I care far less about Critical Hit Dmg than single-target or, depending on playstyle, ranged damage, since it's conditions aren't fulfilled as often. Regarding secondary damages my preferences for my ranged Fire/Water Ecaflip look like this:
single-target dmg >= ranged dmg > critical hit dmg > heals
The mostly meele-oriented Water/Fire one obviously doesn't care about ranged dmg and threads heals and critical hit dmg equally. The following websites might be helpful to find interesting equipment:
official site
lonesadida
wakfu-elements

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #832068  Replies : 4  Views : 277
posté February 18, 2015, 20:27:53 | #5

Quote (MuriCat @ 18 February 2015 19:44) *
I'm not here to rally for Ankama or lick their boots, but jesus, we get new content and all the forums ever yell is 'I HATE NEW CONTENT, WHY NOT FIX THE BUGS?!'
We had a patch centered around bugfixing a while ago, guess what happened?
A lot of people who complained about "too many bugs" two weeks before moaned about missing new content.

This post has been edited by Rimali - February 19, 2015, 00:35:18.
Reason for edit : Changed an error and a rather harsh expression
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831535  Replies : 53  Views : 1642
posté February 17, 2015, 21:12:26 | #6

Quote (Intrade @ 17 February 2015 18:20) *
"It degenerates the interaction of dungeon visits to the level of driving in the same bus" My guess is that you are like my friend in thinking that riding on a bus is something that 'lower-classed' people do as opposed to people who may just want to save on gas money and/or car payments, but if I'm wrong then forgive me... your post simply came off that way. Anyways, I disagree and think that automating the process encourages people to use the Dungeon Finder as opposed to ignoring it because of how awkward it is to use currently.

"Building up networks to find groups becomes obsolete", wait what? If you have a good experience with a group then you'll likely want to group with them more in the future improving your network as opposed to grouping with the same specific bunch of people which is likely happening in Wakfu right now o.o

Keep in mind that the social aspect of the game could be improved by having a global chat built into the game, but such a feature doesn't exist and so you can only have conversations with people on your friends list or people you encounter even though there may be plenty of people online
Different countries, different cultures. I'm from Germany, the thought that using public transport is class related is completely strange for me. Here, people from cities and densely populated areas generally simply prefer public transport over cars because of it's convenience and often don't own a driving license up into their late twenties. The analogy with the bus aimed at the fact that it's rather silent in them (at least here), most passengers just want to reach a certain stop and aren't interested in social interaction if they don't already know each other. The bus transports everyone independent of their behavior as long as they're keeping to certain basic rules. It will be there to transport them if they're at the stop at the right time, completely independent of their social network.

If you'll dependably find a complete group without uttering a single word you won't need a network aside a well-rehearsed team for truly challenging dungeons. Having one is nice, yet becomes unnecessary.

My experience with global chats: If everyone might use it freely, most players will deactivate it within the first week, because of trolls and spammers.

Yes, the current group finder is improvable:
How about the possibility to enter "interests" combined with a messaging service which informs you once a group for one of these activities/dungeons enlists?
(If you're not already in a dungeon. The difference to enlisting into the group finder: The interests are preserved if you're entering a group or log out and you might choose if they are visible to others.)

This post has been edited by Rimali - February 17, 2015, 21:55:27.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831263  Replies : 192  Views : 4555
posté February 17, 2015, 17:38:03 | #7

Quote (Intrade @ 17 February 2015 16:57) *
[...] automatically join/merge individuals/groups into other groups once a player signs up, and also allow for the option of teleporting to the door of the dungeon. I don't really see a problem to this [...]
Horrible Idea. I've seen how such a completely automatic group builder destroyed the server communities in another game. It degenerates the interaction of dungeon visits to the level of driving in the same bus. Team members become easily exchangeable, building up networks to find groups becomes obsolete. The game as a hole is a lot more anonymous and asozial now.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831167  Replies : 192  Views : 4555
posté February 04, 2015, 23:32:41 | #9
Logging into Amara was also a problem roughly 15 minutes ago.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #827277  Replies : 2  Views : 253
posté February 04, 2015, 16:45:11 | #10
The only changes lately where those affecting all classes in the September Update. Some advices given afterwards didn't consider the faster growing Heal Resistance (Intelligence Talents) or the at first misunderstandable description of the Strength Talents.

Spells:
Fleahopper is THE spell for every supporting Ecaflip. (It heals the most wounded team member nearby, and grands all members of your team standing next to the target some crit.) Rough Tongue is an Ecaflip's only possibility to heal allies without delay or an enemy nearby. Water and Earth complement each other far less than Fire and Water. (Personally I prefer builds with only one elemental WP-Spell.)

Ranged mostly Fire Eca with good healing support:
D-Six, Craps, Die Alright;
Rough Tongue, Fleahopper

Supporting Meele Water/Fire Eca (Fleahopper Buff!):
Rought Tongue, Fleahopper, Flea Love
Craps, Dice Roulette

Supporting Ranged Water/Fire Eca (less endangered):

Rought Tongue, Fleahopper, Flea Love
D-Six, Craps

Intelligence: Resist, +HP >= lvl/10; remaining points depending on preference. Because of the fast growing Heal Resistance the Heal increasing Talent is rather useless in PvE. The Regeneration Talent is still very helpful, Life Steal only if you're mostly using pure damage spells and rather costly.

Strength:
4/4 Damage+Resist talents, aim for ideally equal resistances in all elements. You might swap one for the corresponding HP+Resist talent, if you're mostly in close combat.

Agility: Initiative is of limited use in PvE, Dodge might spare you a lot of Feline Leaps and thus AP. Mixing Dodge and Dodge&Lock is an alternative for very meele oriented Ecaflips, which want to hinder enemies together with other team members.

Luck: Crit and Critical Hit or +Heal. Weighting depending on preferences. A meele might consider Block, too.

Main: AP; Range (As supporter you'll love a wide Fleahopper range); afterwards it' a question of preference. The MP is nice, but less relevant for Ecas in my opinion. Final Damage shouldn't be choosen before 125+ and if you're mostly focusing on damage. Two additional WP might be an interesting choice.

Specialties:
No brainers: Precision, Feline Leap (8 or 9), Die
- Tarot (strong but slightly risky, might interfere unexpectedly)
- Paws Of (mainly defensive talent, very handy in close combat)
- Tree (survivalist's dream, random but will rescue you more than once)
- Flea Love (healing talent, far less effective if you don't use water every turn)
- Bow Meow (PvE, if you're preferring a ranged less backstabbing play style)
- Roll Again (costly, useful to get rid of harmful tarot cards)
- Double Or Quits (at average slightly increases one spell per turn)

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #827168  Replies : 5  Views : 490
posté February 03, 2015, 22:24:46 | #11
If you're thinking invited randoms deserve an item less than you, just because you where the one starting a group, that's a problem of your own perspective, not the game. Clearly it's frustrating to see others walk away with things you want, envy and narcissism will always be part of human nature. The best way to deal with or prevent such a situation would be clearifying before the first fight or entering a dungeon if the other person is willing to hand over the item you're looking for.

This post has been edited by Rimali - February 03, 2015, 22:27:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #826908  Replies : 96  Views : 2224
posté January 21, 2015, 15:33:58 | #12
As long as they'll get a massive damage increase by loosing HP, Sacriers base Damage/AP will always be lower than those of other classes. Their current 'problems' origin in the missing scaling of core specialties (final damage or % of level), a problem they share with a lot of other classes.

Interesting how different people perceive different classes. Playing Ecaflip and Enutrof myself I would position them rather low on the priority list. At least behind Rouge, Sadida, Maskeraider and Sacrier.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822383  Replies : 101  Views : 2765
posté January 21, 2015, 14:45:35 | #13

Quote (Mapoko @ 21 January 2015 13:16) *
it does 1000 and the chance to do another 1000 is 60% instead
Yes (corresponding description). Just like Roulette, the base damage doesn't change with a crit.
But you've got a far higher chance to stun a target with the God Ecaflip card.

This post has been edited by Rimali - January 21, 2015, 14:46:38.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #822359  Replies : 27  Views : 1470
posté January 15, 2015, 14:52:49 | #14

Quote (NettleBriars @ 15 January 2015 13:14) *
Guilds tend to be generally accepting of people. I can't imagine orientation matters much one way or the other.
Agreed. Most people i've meet (on Amara) don't care and rarely speak about orientation or gender. Might be different on the international server, where people of very different cultures meet.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #820093  Replies : 18  Views : 629
posté January 14, 2015, 20:23:17 | #15
Depends like nearly everything on playstyle and preference.

Tarot is the generally stronger and also more interesting choice. Nearly every turn starts with a different mostly positive condition than the previous one, resulting in a more interesting gameplay. (You can't draw the same card twice in a row.) Take Paws Of if you're mostly playing alone or in groups where you'll cuddle with enemies a lot, too. Or if you don't like the random, unpredictable aspect of Tarot.

This post has been edited by Rimali - January 14, 2015, 20:32:57.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #819900  Replies : 4  Views : 408
posté January 13, 2015, 21:05:31 | #16

Quote (Neneko88 @ 03 January 2015 04:09) *
I bet in february like last year..a month late
The game was released on the 29th February 2012. One might argue that - for Wakfu - a new year starts after February.

I don't expect a preview for 2015 before February, too.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819626  Replies : 55  Views : 2674
posté January 13, 2015, 17:07:24 | #17
A second opinion:

1. The Types are rather irrelevant, aside from being one- or two-handed. Most weapon attacks have a weak Damage/AP ratio compared to spells.

2. The elemental spells are a solid choice. Regarding Specialties: Don't underestimate Ecaflip Die, the bonuses are also useful if you're focusing on water. Roll Again is quite costly, the damage bonuses aren't final - the relevance shrinks with higher levels. Cat Tree vs Paws Of: Take both, which one first depends on playstyle.

The choice of stats depends on your preferred play style. To gain full advantage of Flea Hopper(Crit Buff) one might weasel around and between the enemies a lot.
Panel 1: As a mainly Water Ecaflip you might focus purely on HP and Resistance, thanks to Flea Hopper and Flea Love. Forget about Heals Reicived, since Heal Resist rises fast and you might get a lot HP instead.
Panel 2: Equal resistances in every element. Take all Damage&Resist Talents, or just three and the Resist&HP of the missing element.
Panel 3: Initiative is mainly a PvP stat. If you're focusing on heal/support take 100% Dodge or 50% Dodge and 50% Dodge&Lock, to hinder enemies together with others.
Panel 4: Either Critical Hit and Heal afterwards or, if you interfere directly near enemies and get hit correspondingly, first Parade and 2/3 Critical Hit and 1/3 Heal afterwards.
Panel 5: Take AP and Range first. (You'll love a wide Flea Hopper range.) MP or WP afterwards, depending on playstyle.

This post has been edited by Rimali - January 13, 2015, 18:30:30.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #819564  Replies : 11  Views : 1490
posté January 10, 2015, 14:22:28 | #18
Ecaflips with Water might be build in very different ways. From ranged supporting glascannon to sturdy healing grunt. Even with a build prefering ranged attacks i would choose Lick over Flea Love. The big advantage of Lick is the possibility to heal allies without delay or an enemy nearby. To attack enemies with high fire resistances or a weakness towards water you'll need to get a bit closer, but luckily Ecaflips have quite some abilities to flee afterwards. Flea Love depends on WP and thus interferes with Die Alright, Roll Again, Cat Tree and Bow Meow. If you're already using Die Alright, a second WP consuming spell limits your options in long fights quite considerably.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #818911  Replies : 9  Views : 703
posté January 02, 2015, 18:03:15 | #19

Quote (peteed @ 02 January 2015 10:48) *
The way they explain it seems to imply that I could make a certain type of resource like wheat extinct on my server. But doesn't that mean all crafting patterns that call for wheat/flour/dough every other player has would then become useless since they can't get wheat to make it? Also it seems if thats true someone could make crafting in the game useless completely by making alot of species extinct which would kinda break the game?
In theory, yes. In fact there are a lot of seed and settling banks, several guilds use one of their vaults and some people also own a complete collection on one of their characters. The national species might also be reintroduced by the Nation's ecologist. Nearly every time a new species is introduced some people wreak havoc trying to create monopolies on resources, until those despising this behavior flood the server with the corresponding seeds - since they expected someone might try it again.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #816890  Replies : 7  Views : 409
posté December 31, 2014, 10:36:41 | #20
People rarely seek specific classes, rather roles. With Rough Tongue and Fleehopper you might replace a healer, depending on the dungeon alone or together with some summons or another character with healing abilities. I don't know about others, but at least i'm getting regular invites of nearly complete groups because of this. The Talent where others might curse you is Tarot, if you're granting the already hard hitting boss additional +30% crit (God Ouginak + Wheel of Fortune, rare but sometimes dangerous). The luck dependance mostly evens out over the length of the fight (at least with a Bow Meow). Our more relevant weakness is map manipulation, since we can't move other players or enemies systematically. I don't actively participate in PvP, thus my experiences are to limited to tell about.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #816433  Replies : 11  Views : 1490