Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Rimali's profile
Statistics
211 Posts (0.24 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 16, 2014, 13:31:57 | #1

Quote (Sabi @ 15 July 2014 21:00) *
What is the best memory that you are keeping from this 2014 World Cup?
Manuel Neuer, Goalkeeper and one-man-defence in the game versus Algeria.
Screaming "You shall not pass!", at least once in my imagination.

Thread : News  Preview message : #754427  Replies : 15  Views : 368
posté July 15, 2014, 01:16:32 | #2

Quote (Sabi @ 15 July 2014 00:31) *
Which makes me want to ask the community, what is your favorite emote and what would you like to see in the future as far as new ones?
I want to hug a lot of people! Especially my furry sisters and brothers!

Thread : News  Preview message : #754022  Replies : 21  Views : 377
posté July 14, 2014, 18:50:54 | #3
Additionally to citywide(all bridges & Astrub) group-seeking, trade and recruitment channels i would prefer a boardlike group finding tool and a separate one for guild recruitment which can be accessed from everywhere. The tradechat should be limited to areas with marketplaces, to avoid too much abuse.

I once suggested the public politic chat to be nationwide, including a checkbox with the full typed message asking if you really want to blast your writing to all members of your nation. The channel should be reactivated if not turned on in at least one tab after every election, in my opinion. It's currently extreme hard to reach the populace.

Regarding spam, an additional temporary ignore would be helpful here. Just until you end your Wakfu session. So you don't have to overload your ignore list with people which you barely meet and care about.

Btw: Currently the government-only and the public politic chat have got the same colour... do your math.

(The picture above is a perfect example of wrongly used addons, even the standardUI swallows far less space. And who is fighting with an open inventory?)

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 14, 2014, 18:54:31.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753946  Replies : 15  Views : 370
posté July 14, 2014, 13:42:31 | #4

Quote (stickytape @ 14 July 2014 09:52) *
Are we in agreement that Compulsion is a vastly superior skill to Precision? It's literally twice as good in the long run.
I agree with you that an Iop gets far more for his 100 points than a Ecaflip in regards to these two talents.

But Iops have three univeral damage talents (Compulsion, Authority, Show off). Ecaflips four (DoQ, Tarot, Die, Precision) plus Roll Again, Bow Meow and Flealine Army. For me it isn't surprising that a Iop damage talent grands more +% than a Ecaflip one at average.

Regarding popularity you should differ between reachable and non-reachable talents, most Ecaflip damage talents come with a cost, Precision is one of the Ecaflips strongest and doesn't.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #753894  Replies : 14  Views : 473
posté July 14, 2014, 08:13:05 | #5

Quote (stickytape @ 14 July 2014 06:10) *
Isn't it useful to compare them, though?
Well, not if you're looking only at one talent.

Aside from Precision you can get up to +200% for fire, 2x +40% at a positive card for earth, +80% for water if you're using flees regularly and up to +50% critchance(!). Not to mention Double Or Nothing and the bonuses from Tarot.

Next to Compulsion(+40% damage) an Iop has got preparation (up to +100% for the first attack) which is dependent on the rest of the team and might (up to +100%) which he has to build up an renew constantly.

Regarding raw Percent, the Iop might be slightly better of, but with a bit of luck the Ecaflip can reach extreme deathliness, not to mention he might attack effectively from distance and has additional abilities to avoid damage completely.

I know both and an Iop definitely strikes hard, but Ecaflips own far more versatility.

And yes Precision, like Compulsion, is most relevant at the beginning.
(100+50+50) / (100+50) = 1.333 VS (100+400+50) / (100+400) = 1.1
An additional +50% increase your final damage far less at higher levels, since their portion decreases.
If you're ignoring resists. While hitting a target with high resists, the importance increases again.

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 14, 2014, 13:01:16.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #753837  Replies : 14  Views : 473
posté July 13, 2014, 23:55:23 | #6
... and wins the fourth title.

I'm curious how the costume will look like.

Thread : News  Preview message : #753749  Replies : 73  Views : 1866
posté July 13, 2014, 04:26:12 | #7

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 13 July 2014 04:17) *
Also I'm getting constantly logged off when moving from the main page to the forum section, does anyone have the same?
Yes, and it's extremely annoying if you're using several tabs.

I also don't like the new forum design and expect it's just a mistake or temporary solution.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753576  Replies : 8  Views : 356
posté July 13, 2014, 03:55:21 | #8
Where to go:
You'll start in Astrub, should do the questline there and then either join a nation(around 15 if i remember correctly) and visit it, where you might do the next quests in the outpost, afterwards feel free to discover the nations. Alternatively you might visit Zinit first. A island with a rewarding questline.

What to keep:
Good Question. The most valuable items for a fresh starter are bigger bags, i think. Otherwise: Boss specific drops might be more valuable on the market and rarer items.

Item rarity(from common to rare):
grey, white, green, orange, light yellow, purple

Interesting jobs as a newbie:
Chef 25 for ken-ko, a consumable item which allows you to revive other players.
Baker( up to 55): with bread you can regenerate HP outside of fights a lot faster.
Farmer: To get the nessecary grains

Quote (CoreSorrow @ 13 July 2014 03:33) *
But what do you mean with that:
" Rule of thumb: your main element until you reach 30 - then 1 AP instead. Afterwards many go for an extra MP or Range. "
Every class has access to spells of 3 elements, 5 for each of them. Most players use mainly spells from one or two of these elements. I suggest to put the points you're getting with every level-up into the matching attribute at the beginning - instead of keeping them to buy an extra AP which is quite costly: 150 attribute points - exactly the amount you've got with level 31, a nice choice after your free reskill with 30.

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 13, 2014, 04:56:40.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753566  Replies : 24  Views : 564
posté July 13, 2014, 03:19:52 | #9
AP: action points (symbol:blue Star), they are needed for most of your actions/skills/spells in battle.
MP: movement points (symbol: green running humanoid), give you the ability to move during your turn in battle and are also needed for some spells.

Your skills can't go further than your current level. But you can't loose any spell experience, it's either distributed to the other spells you used in a fight or stored and added in a later fight.

There are several ways to get items: they drop with a rare chance from enemies, can be crafted through jobs from materials the enemies left behind and are sold in havenbags or at marketboards.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753563  Replies : 24  Views : 564
posté July 13, 2014, 01:28:40 | #10
Welcome in Wakfu!
First of all: This is a Sandboxgame, so there isn't any specific goal. You aren't guided around by any kind of leash, but need to choose you aims for yourself. There are some questlines in specific areas, but mostly it's up to you to find something you like to do.

Will you improve your equipment or characters fighting abilities? Do dungeons with friends or a guild? Improve your skill in professions? Care about the ecosystem? Join politics? Become an outlaw?

Take your time to discover everything and enjoy it. The're isn't a second first time.

Regarding your poinst:
You'll be able to reassign them with level 30 for free (48 realtime hours limit once you've reached it), so don't worry to much about them in the beginning. If you're unshure, look into the class forums, you might find some helpful information there.
Rule of thumb: your main element until you reach 30 - then 1 AP instead. Afterwards many go for an extra MP or Range.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753540  Replies : 24  Views : 564
posté July 11, 2014, 16:38:29 | #11

Quote (Troyle @ 11 July 2014 11:40) *
Regarding the forums, it’s actually a mistake; the German forums should have been closed with the website.

Now a little note about our vision for the German community: I know we’ve been saying a lot that we have some plans, and we really do. There would be no reason for us to keep saying that if this wasn’t true. I can’t say anything yet, but we should be able to bring you good news before the end of the year.
When this “plan” begins, we will bring back the German website, forums, and make sure to have all the resources needed for proper Community Management, Communication and Customer Support in German. Until then, we prefer to keep a low profile on the German market.

Don’t worry guys, you’re not being forgotten!
Hello Troyle, long time, no see.

Please don't remove the germanspeaking forums without a warning. Give us at least the Chance to rescue threads which are important to us (Guides, Tutorials, Roleplay, stuff like that). Thinking they where gone as well was quite a shock.

The start in spring 2012 with a sword of damocles over our head ("The server will be closed if the community doesn't reach 30,000 accounts until september.") was, let's call it, unfortunate. But Mascha-Chan gave us the feeling that there is someone who's really fighting for us, constantly caring for our issues and worries. She even spend her free time broadcasting a weekly internet radio show for and with the community. Since she's gone, Amara feels abandoned to die.

Even a low profile leaves a deep mark running the same route for a long enough time, don't think it's easy to erase that with a shiny restart. Those which left Wakfu will look into other games and might spread the word.

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 11, 2014, 16:48:01.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753153  Replies : 65  Views : 1570
posté July 07, 2014, 20:40:34 | #12
I'm not really convinced of tri-elemental ecaflips. Fire and Earth aren't different enough to justify spreading the spell experience to such a degree, in my opinion.

All In with low AP is rather ineffective, the true strength of this spell is the chance to double damage.
Don't underestimate Rough Tongue, it's your only heal for targets which are not standing 3 fields or closer to an enemy. (Aside from the single target version of Flea Love, which needs WP and 3 rounds of preparation.). It might also be a alternative to Battle for close range situations.

Regarding specialties:
You're missing Tarot if you really want to include earth. It's far less dangerous than in earlier days and improves your earth spells considerably. With Flealine Army you need to do some water damage every round to keep the extremely slow growing bonus intact. As a ranged you might consider the Bow Meow, since she improves your earth damage with every positive Tarot card and increases your winning streak after critical fire spells.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #751961  Replies : 10  Views : 485
posté July 07, 2014, 19:45:13 | #13
The aktual mill and the windmill are two different objects, you can't shift the later while the "havenbagmill" is positioned on it.

Thread : Haven Worlds  Preview message : #751953  Replies : 2  Views : 229
posté July 04, 2014, 21:17:32 | #14
*giggles*
I think the french team could easily understand the feelings of these players today:

A bit Offtopic, but i simply love this picture.

Ontopic:
Its a german-speaking server, don't punish the poor Austrian, Belgian and Swiss players with us. *winks*

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751492  Replies : 7  Views : 324
posté June 29, 2014, 15:14:48 | #15
Sabi, could you shift the explanation on the second site into your first post?
Since obviously a lot of people don't read all pages.

The rewards are nice simple souvenirs, which might remember me of great times.
But a bit underwhelming after the hype the previous announcements created.

Thread : News  Preview message : #750283  Replies : 195  Views : 5509
posté June 28, 2014, 00:28:18 | #16
First of all... *gives Sabi a long warm furry hug* Thanks for shedding some light.

It's relieving to see that distorting governor elections to the degree which happened during beta won't be possible. The first posts where a bit unclear about that.

My next Question:
How will the already buyed subscriptions be transformed? A day of being able to access most of the game content hardly compares to one day with benefits like those offered by the boosters.

Thread : News  Preview message : #749918  Replies : 134  Views : 3967
posté June 27, 2014, 17:37:44 | #17
Steam is popular, that's true. But that was also true for the Anime branch of RTL II. (The TV-Station which now cripples the spread of Wakfu in Germany since they where given far-reaching rights in combination with broadcasting the german dubbed Wakfu Anime several years ago). Ankama shouldn't give Steam control over aspects of Wakfu, which would be necessary to bring it there.

This post has been edited by Rimali - June 27, 2014, 17:43:42.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #749820  Replies : 39  Views : 1307
posté June 27, 2014, 17:05:00 | #18

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 27 June 2014 16:50) *
SHE DOESN'T KNOW

It's not like she's hiding the price for fun... When she'll be able to tell us, she will.
She's in the position to obtain said information. She collects feedback to forward it and likewise transfers information given to her to us - like in a FAQ, as she announced will come soon.
Well, to give answers to pressing questions, said questions need to be asked.

Thread : News  Preview message : #749809  Replies : 134  Views : 3967
posté June 27, 2014, 14:35:46 | #19

Quote (ClaudioVianna @ 27 June 2014 14:05) *
They have a great way to increase profit by just incrementing the exp and drop with a premium model without lowering the rates.

Imagine, you'll have a server with greater density of players, with a percentage of them paying to have more exp, items, more exp from previous characters, maybe a percentage greater than the actual that pays a sub for the game.

There's no need to lower the rates since the profit increase will be probably greater than the actual one.
The subscribed french players are still a main focus. And they, as you can surely imagine don't like the idea of others getting the same content as them for free, so Eskarina calmed them down by explaining XP/Kama/drop rates will be heavily lowered. Click here

Saby, please stop beating around the bush.
Will the price for a 30 day boost stay at the level of a current directly payed 30 day subscription, rise to the level of the ogrine subscriptions or even higher? Or, will the price be lower than the current direct prices if payed by ogrines obtained by buying the closest matching amount?
Since we're getting far less than with the current subscriptions!

This post has been edited by Rimali - June 27, 2014, 15:35:49.
Thread : News  Preview message : #749780  Replies : 134  Views : 3967
posté June 27, 2014, 00:21:29 | #20

Quote (LadyRinsun @ 26 June 2014 23:39) *
I'm concerned the way people will share (or not) the in-game environment with each other and what the relationships will become like following this. I'm, of course, not saying this is bound to happen or in what way, but if the way to play changes, the way people play probably changes in some way too.
Same worry here.

@GodIsWithUs: Agreed.
If the boosted accounts of the international f2p-system won't be better off than the subscribed french ones, this indirectly results in a considerable nerf for everyone not using 30+days boosters.

@Sentrayak: Ogrines.
We won't be able to buy these "subscriptions" directly anymore but are forced to use the expiring Ogrines instead. Which won't be obtainable in matching amounts.

@dlexus009:
It definitely won't increase to 10.02%. Rather decrease to 0.0182% without a 30+ booster.

This post has been edited by Rimali - June 27, 2014, 00:26:35.
Thread : News  Preview message : #749614  Replies : 134  Views : 3967