Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Rimali's profile
Statistics
365 Posts (0.29 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 29, 2015, 16:10:36 | #1

Quote (Markzs @ 28 July 2015 19:14) *
I left the nation by using a teleportation scroll and now I can't go there again. Neither by boat nor zaap.
What do I do?
1. Take the boat to a neutral nation
2. Take boat to 'problematic' nation

This method normally works for me.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #892631  Replies : 6  Views : 189
posté July 29, 2015, 15:40:43 | #2
[Haven World] Cattle Grid 'building' Currently the most effective gate for a monster compound is the Guild Hall. You don't need a door since monsters don't enter buildings. Everyone or with a guild door every guildmember can access the monsters area, but even if someone doesn't close the door the monsters won't break out.

My suggestion:
Another building type for haven worlds: Cattle Grids, which players might pass, but monsters won't. Additionally or alternatively, the possibility of small fancy gatehouses of different styles would be nice.

Different suggestion covering the same problem: Self-Closing Doors

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #892625  Replies : 0  Views : 40
posté July 29, 2015, 15:11:00 | #3
I would love to see some dresses in guild colors. Like the 'Spring has Sprung' costume.

And a combination of the Jack-O-Lantern leaf-suit with a leaf hat or a green headband. Maybe connected to a certain Wakfu value condition or ecology related archievement.

P.S.: Sailor School Uniform in guild colors. *ducks and runs*

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 29, 2015, 18:07:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #892621  Replies : 13  Views : 639
posté July 29, 2015, 11:32:25 | #4
That amount doesn't sound too strange for me, if two dozen people did throw their money into the guildbank to finally get a HW. If it's a single person it's far more suspicious, but (s)he's might simply be very active on the markets.

I wouldn't lock the possibility to own a HW behind a higher guild level, but rather connect it to a relatively high activity. If the ranking points in the guild list would diminish over time and only the guilds (e.g. twice the amount of existing HWs) with the highest amount would be able to bid, the problems with guilds which are only created to buy a HW wouldn't exist.

@skater: A flat "average GP per character" massively prefers old exclusive guilds and might result in guilds kicking new or less active members or not inviting any new ones - which would kill the guild in the long run. Something like the following would circumvent the second problem, but still gives death guilds an advantage, if they're simply old enough: max(190% of the 10 most active guild members; 100% of the 20 ...; 55% of the 40 ...)

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 29, 2015, 11:39:10.
Thread : News  Preview message : #892576  Replies : 64  Views : 1386
posté July 27, 2015, 14:32:38 | #5

Quote (Axxort @ 27 July 2015 10:43) *
What about the HW of Amara?
Well, until a few months ago everyone could buy a HW for a 100 Kamas if they wanted, it's not like we've got a real competition. But i agree, roughly a third of our HWs are unused or abandoned.

But how to deal with this touchy matter, without driving away people which are easily influenced? A list with dozen of unused HW isn't the best advertisement for a server in regards to people which measure potential fun with the dung principle. (translated: "Eat it, millions of flies can't be wrong." - A critique towards people which value mainly depending on popularity.) Several resells with a few weeks distance might be better than one with a gigantic list.

Thread : News  Preview message : #891923  Replies : 64  Views : 1386
posté July 25, 2015, 22:33:19 | #6
Only five truter stations per nation (which had to be unlocked by the community first), no Almanax, no international market boards and kamas being far more valuable than today(Zaaps) made the nation choice far more severe in the first year. Sufokia was the Nation which was added last in Beta, originally had a very labyrinthine map and suboptimal city distribution. All Attributes which made the nation less popular.
Since people tend to run with the herd, the nation which has a reputation of being less populated is rarely the first choice of new players, even after most of Sufokias disadvantages have been removed, respective aren't relevant anymore.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #891374  Replies : 14  Views : 562
posté July 24, 2015, 13:31:18 | #7
I'm aware how a standard group finder works. *smiles* And thought about possibilities to extend/improve the current group finder (aside from fixing bugs and design flaws). The idea behind this addition is the possibility to reach those which are to lazy to search actively, but happily join if a group for a dungeon they're interested in is offered to them. The way i suggested they don't have to keep an eye on the group finder, but still get informed.

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 24, 2015, 13:33:05.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #890856  Replies : 2  Views : 85
posté July 17, 2015, 23:20:46 | #8

Quote (visitor888 @ 17 July 2015 20:35) *
The Passive-Aggressive Bragger: Usually a DD class like Sram or Iop who constantly complains about how little damage they deal even after you just watched them rip through half the boss's health in a single turn.
Especially annoying if it's also a:

Pampered Kid - doesn't appreciate value and effort and isn't aware of the games difficulties, since (s)he got lots of gear gifted and visited most dungeons with too powerful characters.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #887977  Replies : 93  Views : 3423
posté July 17, 2015, 20:30:04 | #9
Partly true, depends on the response time and how helpful it is.

Next person rarely uses a bicycle?

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #887935  Replies : 120  Views : 3852
posté July 17, 2015, 17:25:50 | #10
Party Starter - regulary kicks off action, to a degree others wait for him/her to log on and invite them

Backup Army Commander
- multiboxer who prefers socializing, but has enough chars to fill up a group

Ventriloquist - acts like the character of his second account is a separate person; sometimes result of roleplaying both characters

The Legend - left the game a long time ago, but is still remembered regulary

The Saint - helped a lot of people you know, but you never see him/her online

Connector - if (s)he can't help you, you'll get the name of someone who might be able to

Bag Space Blocker - has nothing to sell, but defintely needs a popular position

Seed Bank - hoards seeds and seedlings of nearly every plant or species

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 17, 2015, 19:47:57.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #887890  Replies : 93  Views : 3423
posté July 17, 2015, 13:12:56 | #11
For those which are a bit unsure in regards to statistics:
Let's assume previous outcomes don't influence future ones. If someone buys 100 boxes, how high is the chance he won't get his rare favorite costume?
  • 1% chance (1/100) for the costume: (100% - 1%)^100 = 0.99^100 = 36.6% chance you won't get the costume
  • 0.5% chance for the costume: 0.995^100 = 60.5% chance all boxes contain a different one
  • 0.1% chance for the costume: 0.999^100 = 90.5% chance of not getting the costume
  • 5% chance (1/20), 20 boxes: 0.95^20 = 35.8% chance you won't get it
Rule of Thumb:
If something has a chance of 1/x and every try is independent of others, it won't appear in x tries in roughly 1/3 of the chases.
If you triple the amount of tries, the chance it won't happen is still ~5%.

tl;dr:

If a costume has a chance of 0.1% and 3000 boxes are sold, there's still a chance of 5% that nobody gets the costume.

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 17, 2015, 13:33:14.
Thread : News  Preview message : #887835  Replies : 79  Views : 1903
posté July 17, 2015, 00:16:30 | #12

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 16 July 2015 21:42) *
naw it would be too OP for it to work on summons.
This.

The Eni marks and the maskeraider passive selfheal - both triggered through kills - also didn't work on summons before. Why did you expect the sram passive to be different?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #887719  Replies : 7  Views : 377
posté July 13, 2015, 16:30:51 | #13
[Group Building] List of Favorites + inform about new groups seeking members for these Short Version
The player selects a permanent but changeable list of dungeons he's interested in, which friends might look up in the contact list. Whenever a group for one of these dungeons appears in the party finder (and the players isn't already in a dungeon) a short message pops up.

Why?
On less populated servers the party finder ended up in a downward spiral. Few groups are using it and thus people rarely look into it, and reverse. If they are aware of it's existence at all. Knowing most people which are interested in a certain dungeon will be aware a group started looking for members might encourage people to use the feature more frequently.

How?
The player states which dungeons (s)he would like to visit with a character, the list doesn't reset when a player logs out. These favorites aren't listed in the search unless they're online and in the friend list of the searching character (visually different from a normal entry). The player client automatically checks if new groups are available for the favorites, if the player isn't in a dungeon. If a group the player might want to join appears (it doesn't contain a character of the players ignore list and the player isn't on those of the groups members), (s)he gets a little message (like those related to government and ecosystem) and might open a corresponding tab in the party finder interface. Where (s)he might contact the group's leader.

Limit

The group doesn't appear directly for all players which might be interested, to avoid too many wispers in a short time. Every two minutes another of the following cathegories is added to those which might be informed automatically about the searching group:
- Mutual friends (a group member is in the clients contact list and reverse)
- Guilds of the group members
- Nation of at least one of the group members (multiple times)
The Algorithm allways adds the at the moment smallest group (decided by: active players in the searching group's contact lists, guilds members online, nation members online). If all of the above conditions are allowed, all clients with one of the groups members in the contact list are added and last but not least: everyone.

Optional
- messages for alts (either look for ten favorites per account or only those of the character)
- hide/deactivate list until next log out

Potential Problems

Traffic. The client shouldn't check the groups currently looking for the players favorites too often, every few minutes should suffice anyway.
Group hoppers.

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 14, 2015, 13:20:27.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #886445  Replies : 2  Views : 85
posté July 13, 2015, 13:49:37 | #14

Quote (Rrae @ 13 July 2015 05:50) *
I dont get why attempting to fight doesn't just throw you to the restat room without choice.
Well, forcing people unexpectedly into a place they're associating with "choose a new distribution or waste your restat" isn't the best idea. Some might want to get certain gear or do other stuff beforehand.

A popup offering the teleport with a hint where one might find it if they wish to use it later instead would be better.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #886394  Replies : 620  Views : 20469
posté July 11, 2015, 18:49:58 | #15
Pushing it to higher levels is mainly interesting for characters which expect to get attacked by several enemies during a turn regulary (tanks, off-tanks, sturdy meeles). I wouldn't advise to rise it past 3-5 on ranged characters.

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 11, 2015, 18:54:42.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #885796  Replies : 4  Views : 456
posté July 11, 2015, 18:13:53 | #16

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 11 July 2015 04:04) *
no duels at temple
cutting our damn hotkeys in half
no more haven worlds
the gift interface only holding 6 gifts now

• I've always wondered why the most popular place to hang out isn't blocked for duels. A good change in regards to performance, not just for players with weaker systems.
  • Why they totally unnecessarily crippled the visibility of the spells still evades me. Artistic beauty/design ideals shouldn't dominate over usability/gameplay. Why can't we see if 2/3 of our choosen spells are usable with a glance, instead of just half of them?
  • We mainly need a system which ensures they stay in the hands of active guilds instead of inactive ones, if they're in demand.(Differs depending on server.) In my opinion at least.
  • The change of the gift interface annoys me extremely, too, maybe because i still got lots of items resting in there. (Didn't want to choose a server/character yet.)
But for me, none of these changes is a sign of descent.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #885781  Replies : 67  Views : 2481
posté June 23, 2015, 14:03:42 | #17
Most random, but still advisable: Three earth, two fire spells. Battle and Craps are the most attraktive spells for this combination in my opinion. I would advise against All In, at least at later levels, and taking several elemental WP-Spells.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #878804  Replies : 1  Views : 504
posté June 17, 2015, 09:06:51 | #18
No, some aren't just icky but totally disgusting. Not to mention (combinations of) ingredients which hardly might archive the consistency of the end product. Like the Pudding in Asterix.

The next person directly knew which song i refered?

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #876651  Replies : 120  Views : 3852
posté June 13, 2015, 16:00:33 | #19
False, i started in February 2012.
P.S.:If you're refering to the "Closed Beta"-tag, i've deactivated mine.

The next person likes salty snacks?

This post has been edited by Rimali - June 13, 2015, 16:04:11.
Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #874909  Replies : 120  Views : 3852
posté June 05, 2015, 00:16:51 | #20

Quote (FeldePard @ 04 June 2015 23:17) *
This is the same for EVERY SINGLE GOVERNMENTAL POSITION!
If you are in the government, you cannot wear a costume or insignia that has a hat of any kind because only the governmental hat/crown/whatever will show.
This has always been this way. Always.
It's on purpose, unlike the fact that the hats of some positions don't show and how the ears of my poor ecaflip are squeezed most of the Time. directly after logging in, the headband is also sometimes covered by the pumpkin of my costume, until i swap regions. For both me and others.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #871604  Replies : 41  Views : 9938