Back to

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Rimali's profile
387 Posts (0.28 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté November 18, 2015, 19:11:46 | #1

Quote (Aigees @ 18 November 2015 17:30) *

Quote (Naniru @ 18 November 2015 16:59) *
We do not want our server to be closed!
Why not negotiate with ankama to support the server cost?
I'm wondering since quite a while about the monthly costs of a small Wakfu server.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #926427  Replies : 24  Views : 787
posté November 18, 2015, 18:56:25 | #2

Quote (LeFt4DeAdD @ 18 November 2015 17:32) *
True words.. The community of Amara, is the main reason for me, to play Wakfu.
This simple sentence enwraps far more than some might imagine. Helping the DE community grow by creating a better place for everyone was an essencial element of their Wakfu gameplay for quite some players. The active inhabitants of our little indomitable village quarrel just like every group of very different people, but in the end we stood together through many tough times. We fought for Amara and once the server gets closed, said battle is lost and over.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #926423  Replies : 24  Views : 787
posté November 18, 2015, 17:17:02 | #3

Quote (Gimonfu @ 18 November 2015 16:20) *
It is probably just as if you were moving a file to a different folder, so unless Ankama screws up royally, i say: "Good job", this game NEEDS a high population in ONE place to make any kind of sense at all.
After the incident with Elbor, countless vanished items and haven bags and a lot of friends which stopped playing because of that, my trust is limited. It not like we wouldn't love more people to play with, but the german speaking community is like a small village, the players know each other well and struggled trough hard times together.
Keep in mind, the current population of Amara consists mainly of players which decided against playing on Remington, despite the servers lower population.

Quote (LeFt4DeAdD @ 18 November 2015 16:34) *
I would still prefer playing on a low populated Amara than playing on another server
Same here.

This post has been edited by Rimali - November 18, 2015, 17:20:15.
Thread : News  Preview message : #926388  Replies : 131  Views : 2894
posté November 18, 2015, 13:53:52 | #4
If we'll keep everything directly character related (levels, professions, quests, archivements, titels, nations, civil points, equipment, pets, inventory, haven bag & it's content) there still are a few topics.

It would be great if we could keep our names if the characters with the same one at Remington have been inactive since a long time. Deciding by who has been more active during the last months would be fairer towards Amarans but i'm aware it might stir protest on Remington.

Accountwide Serverbound Items
Namely forgotten account chests and the sidekicks and their inventory. Theoretically it's possible to own the same sidekicks on both servers. The solution to avoid problems with the account chest can't be applied here without losing a big chunk of their xp. (I'm also a bit worried about the "hidden" content of the gift interface.)

Losing the guilds would destroy years of joined effort and tear old friends and companions apart. Especially those returning after the migration might feel completely lost, since their old friend might have been forced to choose new names and guilds.
Remember, the long time players already lost their unlocked bonuses once, with the introduction of the current guild system. Having to start all over again surely will be to much to bear for some of the most devoted members of the DE community.

Haven Worlds
Like with guilds most people poured a lot of their heart and time into the haven worlds. Which where easily accessible compared to other servers, allowing small guilds and dedicated players to create their own small home land. Losing these could hardly be compensated, because of their high emotional value and the prospect of most likely never getting one again at Remington..

The amount of money floating around differs greatly between Amara and Remington. Comparing prices those at Reminton are up to 100x higher, but the average player also owns acccordingly more Kamas there. Even if the Amarans keep their "fortunes", the value will decrease greatly.

P.S.: "Everyone comes to a burial."
I'ts moving to see how dozens of people i partly haven't seen for years suddenly turn up now, they seemingly never could let go completely. So much potential lost in weak phases of the game...

Thread : News  Preview message : #926348  Replies : 131  Views : 2894
posté November 17, 2015, 20:44:29 | #5

Quote (Raizzan @ 17 November 2015 20:03) *
A "9999 - stack" of "essence of shushu is almost exactly 1million Ressources.
Now you could just give me 81 stacks of that plus 25.612.000 Kamas and we can Build our Haven World again.
Your excitement because of the perspective to meet new, pvp oriented players, makes you a bit blind for disadvantages in aspects you care less about, it seems.

I doubt they'll hand out hundreds of stacks of a resource which might in any way be useful, since this would practically destroy that resource's value completely. Also 25.6 Millions are peanuts on Remington, compared to their value at Amara.
Even if your guild is rich by Amara's standards, don't care about actions within the next months, you won't stand a chance against those guilds heaping Kamas since years in a slight hope to grap one. Not to mention overly rich players bidding on several HWs at once with hundreds of millions Kamas, like last time.

Rebuilding a haven world is one thing, the real problem will be getting one at all.

Thread : News  Preview message : #926208  Replies : 131  Views : 2894
posté November 17, 2015, 19:52:33 | #6

Quote (C0NY77 @ 17 November 2015 19:26) *
We love Amara
This, three simple words which explain why many of us invested so much time into the game and helping the german community.

@haven world problem:
I doubt it's possible to recreate items from resource points. And i can hardly imagine any compensation which matches a lost havenworld.

This post has been edited by Rimali - November 17, 2015, 19:55:21.
Thread : News  Preview message : #926195  Replies : 131  Views : 2894
posté November 17, 2015, 19:27:47 | #7

Quote (Seraeph @ 17 November 2015 18:56) *
If they start finally migrating some servers to other servers and reducing the number of servers actively being ran, it should probably have less money going towards keeping them up and more to flow somewhere else, hopefully towards development.

But on that same note, it can also mean the walk towards the game itself going further down the spiral towards losing even more people in the current state
A server with a maximum of 1000 doesn't cost a lot and the salary of two or three cut translators (if they worked solely at Wakfu, which i doubt) won't magically change the development significantly.

The german community already had an open discussion about a potential migration over three years ago. At that time the majority trended towards sticking with Amara after Ankama decided to stop 'Ogrest Chaos'. A few months later german players got the choice between Remington and Amara. How many players which did choose or stayed at Amara under the current conditions would like to continue on Remington, after they lost their havenworlds and maybe even more?

Please let at least active players keep as much as possible.

This post has been edited by Rimali - November 17, 2015, 19:45:19.
Thread : News  Preview message : #926189  Replies : 131  Views : 2894
posté October 18, 2015, 17:56:21 | #8
True. Nothing special if you're living in a european country and near the border.

Next person speaks more than two languages?

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #919861  Replies : 192  Views : 8730
posté October 12, 2015, 21:09:20 | #9
Neither nor. I'm currently not really motivated to buy anything.

Next person is currently ill?

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #917653  Replies : 192  Views : 8730
posté September 26, 2015, 12:34:28 | #10
Not true anymore. I spent a lot of time in the Alterac Valley with my Shadowpriest (WoW), more than half a decade ago...

Next person hates moving, especially looking for flats?

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #910019  Replies : 192  Views : 8730
posté September 21, 2015, 15:29:20 | #11

Quote (Arkolak @ 21 September 2015 04:59) *
So why has no one mentioned that this is the wrong month for this event?
Well, the "Wiesn" in Munich started this weekend. Because of the temperatures it opens at the first Saturday after the 15. September (since 1872, btw.) and last until the first Sunday in October except the following Monday is the 3rd (which in this case will be included).

Am i the only one thinking the Osamodas above looks like some scottish dragon? *giggles*

Thread : News  Preview message : #908498  Replies : 22  Views : 1806
posté August 31, 2015, 19:26:29 | #12
Both are cool bosses, but i slightly prefer the Wa Wabbit. I even have a statue of him!

You ever dressed up as a zombie?

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #903365  Replies : 192  Views : 8730
posté August 11, 2015, 22:53:22 | #13
There's already at least one suggestion regarding marriage systems.

Nice, but currently less important, in my opinion.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #897249  Replies : 40  Views : 2136
posté August 03, 2015, 07:13:38 | #14
True, more or less. Miranda, such a classy sassy lady!

Next person might rather relate to Kabrok's expression in the picture?

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #894182  Replies : 192  Views : 8730
posté August 03, 2015, 06:43:28 | #15
A clear split dividing between effects which last over the whole fight, depend on the round or affect the next attack/action would be nice. Showing all permanent class related buffs just needlessly bloats the list, in my opinion.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #894176  Replies : 2  Views : 164
posté August 03, 2015, 01:28:57 | #16

Quote (lyricalglitchen @ 03 August 2015 00:38) *
Guilds fluctuate in activity, it may of been busy at one time, but often activity drops, HW's are a lot of work and losing it due to being less active is a bad idea, as long as the guild is not totally dead. [...] If you limit the lvl the guilds being able to bid, and make it more fair because you bid with guild points vs kama, that should be enough.
To bid with guildpoints is also an interesting idea, but i fear it might result in guilds hoarding their guild points instead of using them for bonuses, just for the potencial chance to get a haven world one day. I agree in regards to the minimum guild level, it's currently a bit low.

Ankama decided to resell all haven worlds which haven't been used during the last seven months. The additional suggestion also had very low or no activity in mind. To keep the ranking points over 1000 with the formula shown above a guild would only need to generate 146 guild points per week. If they don't generate any guild points it would need 70 days to fall from 1000 to zero. Zero common or guild oriented activity for over two months is quite death, in my opinion.

P.S: It's over 9000, with more than 100 points per day or at least 729 per week. *giggles* Sorry, just had to...

This post has been edited by Rimali - August 03, 2015, 06:19:51.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #894106  Replies : 4  Views : 246
posté August 02, 2015, 23:35:53 | #17

Quote (MereBytes @ 02 August 2015 17:05) *
Well I think this bidding on HW is stupid. I think there should be limited amount of guilds and everyone should have right to get HW by guild points.
Yes, it shouldn't be too easy to create a new guild, to further encourage players to join already existing ones instead.
But a fixed limit would bring other problems. First how would you decide which guild gets which haven world? Second, and more importantly, being a good guild leader is a quite challenging task and a lot people actively seeking the position aren't suited. A limited number of guilds and guild leader positions, which also come with full control over guild bank and haven world, just call for trolls and griefers.

A guild whose ranking points fall below a threshold might also lose it's HW, if there are a lot guilds with a higher activity without a HW.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #894045  Replies : 4  Views : 246
posté August 02, 2015, 16:34:56 | #18
[HW Auctions] Limit auctions to active guilds Currently the community faces the same problem like several times before. The amount of HWs is very limited, yet some might fall into the hands of single players using guilds where they are the only active members. Which goes against the HWs basic idea, like Ankama stated again in the french forum a few days ago.

Thus, i'm suggesting to limit the right to bid not only by reaching a certain guild level, but also the guild's activity in relation to other guilds of the server. Read, only the more active guilds get the right to bid onto a haven world. This way most likely more players might get the chance to use one of them.

One possibility:
Add ranking points to the Guild List. These points would rise with every guild point earned, but diminish over time. Like for example by 10 + 1% per day. The guilds with the most ranking points get the right to bid on haven worlds.
The amount of guilds with the right to bid (if they don't already own a HW) might be determined by the number of existing HWs. Twice that number would for example ideally result in every second of the most active guilds owning a haven world in the long term.

This post has been edited by Rimali - August 02, 2015, 16:53:59.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #893924  Replies : 4  Views : 246
posté August 01, 2015, 15:40:49 | #19
Currently there are only three possibilities to gate a pen. Either the doors created by handyman, placing decorations into the entries or using the guildhall, like shown above. The first two methods regulary result in troubles because lazy or unreflecting guildmembers didnt close the entry behind them. Decorations might also only be shifted by the person who placed them and people with the right to change havenworlds, including the ability to destroy buildings. And the guild hall is the only building with two entries.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #893584  Replies : 3  Views : 264
posté July 31, 2015, 21:04:42 | #20
No, it was pretty clear (ranged, mobile, ability to heal itself); especially once my Ecaflip wore the Tree Pistes Set with the bucket helmet.

You still own items you'll never need again, because of their sentimental value?

This post has been edited by Rimali - July 31, 2015, 21:06:13.
Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #893327  Replies : 192  Views : 8730