Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Rimali's profile
Statistics
256 Posts (0.25 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 12:36:27 | #1
Well, that's rather common and part of a sandbox. Generally someone of those which got seeds and samplings is willing to share, thus it will normalize within the first two weeks. (Maybe this suggestion is something you would like to see.)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #811942  Replies : 5  Views : 151
posté Yesterday - 02:56:53 | #2
How about an additional 'Graduated Adjusting' ?
With every Level Up you're getting stronger, but additional experience also grands the possibility to neglect already gained abilities in favor of others - by getting 'R-Points'. With these you might take back some of your choices to better fit your new interests. Every R-Point allows you to redistribute an already spent point in abilities or specialties. Changing your decisions in the Main category and active specialties might need several R-Points. The higher a character the more R-Points will it gain during one Level. (Every time a characters experience surpasses a certain percent of the XP needed for the next level it gains one R-Point and might either spend it for a minor change or save it up for a bigger adjustment.) Max level Characters might gain an alternative version of experience ('R-XP') and get the chance to gradually change their character this way.

In combination with a method to redistribute the spell experience through fighting this system would institute an alternative more 'natural' way to change a characters strengths.

This post has been edited by Rimali - December 18, 2014, 12:33:44.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810940  Replies : 48  Views : 736
posté December 17, 2014, 22:44:18 | #3
Reading the title this song directly started playing in my head and it's first lines became an earworm reading the thread. In combination with a flush of memories from the first half year after beta (on Amara).
When most guilds and a lot of players engaged in politics and elections... The candidates explained their plans and programs in the forums and discussed in townhall meetings... Governors of different nations met to discuss trade and laws... The people fussed and argued about Wakfu and Stasis values... Toads nearly died out and later flooded the forest regulary, resulting in killing events... The Nations hold a race which one would build up their draco-stations first... Ogrest chaos destroyed a lot, but also forged those fighting it together (at that time it was still bearable, before it's occurence was multiplied several times) ... Wars started over Wild Estate and Calamar Island and out of principle between Brâkmar and Bonta and resulted in actual fights in the nations...
Ahem...
Getting to the Point: In the rush to satisfy those constantly hungering for better equipment and more challenging content the community and sandbox aspects which once where the trademarks of this game dwindled. It would be great if the Nations and the politics system would regain some of their old importance.

This post has been edited by Rimali - December 18, 2014, 01:15:13.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810837  Replies : 29  Views : 921
posté December 15, 2014, 15:11:07 | #4
Regarding the original post: Might it be those costumes where accountbound?
(Non-tradeable items can't be trown to the ground as far as i remember.)

I didn't try it myself yet, but this might explain why it wasn't possible to pick them up.

Thread : 1.39 Bug Reports  Preview message : #809579  Replies : 20  Views : 1011
posté December 10, 2014, 00:01:30 | #5

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 09 December 2014 23:36) *
Am I missing something, but whats the point of exalted / calm state giving and taking wp if none of the spells need it? :S
Well, with exalted every spell transforms into a (potential) WP-Spell. If there are WP left, a spell consumes one and it's damage gets increased.

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #806690  Replies : 47  Views : 2347
posté December 08, 2014, 18:12:12 | #6
Spell levels don't increase resistances anymore, just elemental damage.

If focusing on water damage, one should consider a midrange, rather meele oriented play style to benefit from the crit bonus of flea hopper. Accordingly a bit more Hit Points and defensive stats won't hurt. That aside, I disagree with some of your suggestions, here's why:

Intelligence
: Heal resist rises a lot faster since the September update. Getting healed for 3x maxHP results in 100% heal resist. Which diminishes the usefulness of the heal increase in PvE a lot, since you alternatively might get +40% HP for example. My advice: resistance >= lvl/10; +HP >= lvl/10; regeneration

Agility: As an Ecaflip Initiative is rather useless outside of PvP, since you're mostly competing with your own team. You can't actively move enemies or team mates or remove negative effects, only your heals and AoE might be a (rather weak) argument. Dodge increases your mobility, Dodge&Lock might hinder the enemies considerably if you're regularly at the front line.

Specialties: Roll Again is quite costly and it's damage incease not final, thus gets weaker and weaker with higher levels. And if your winning streak isn't below 10, the additional roll is far less attractive, too. Cat Tree is far better if you don't rely on a bow meow, in my opinion.

This post has been edited by Rimali - December 08, 2014, 18:42:21.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #806162  Replies : 5  Views : 619
posté December 08, 2014, 17:00:00 | #7

Quote (Rotharie @ 08 December 2014 10:45) *
but it is really about what are your play-style preferences.
Agreed. My choice would be Battle and Head or Tails, less risky and situational than All or Nothing.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #806139  Replies : 7  Views : 778
posté December 03, 2014, 13:06:07 | #8
Agreed. Since ecaflips are using meele and range spells with most builds and don't own a lot spells which might hit several targets.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #804294  Replies : 2  Views : 269
posté December 02, 2014, 22:14:10 | #9
First of all: You don't need to worry to much about potential mistakes. You'll get a free chance to reskill the character with level 30 and 80. (A quest which lasts 48 hours real time.) And might also enter the training room as a reward for a gathering quest and a item from the shop.

1. After every fight your character gains some Spell Experience, which is distributed to the used spells. You can't keep more than 2/2/2, 3/2/0 or 4/0/0 spells at max level, since the needed experience to gain a spell level increases depending how much of your overall spell experience is gathered in one element. In the training room you can freely redistribute it.

2.Beginning with Die and Precision definitely isn't wrong. You'll love the cheaper Leap once you've reached it (8). Tarot should be taken during a reskill, to max it directly (lower chance for bad draws). The Tree is less attractive below max (WP costs). Otherwise there's few to advice regarding the talents order.

This post has been edited by Rimali - December 03, 2014, 13:10:55.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #804072  Replies : 7  Views : 778
posté December 02, 2014, 14:53:22 | #10
Specialties:
No brainers: Precision, Die, Feline Leap (8 or 9)
- Tarot (strong but slightly risky, might interfere unexpectedly)
- Bow Meow (PvE, if you're preferring a ranged less backstabbing play style)
- Paws Of (mainly defensive talent, very handy in close combat)
- Tree (survivalist's dream, random but will rescue you more than once)
- Flea Love (if you're healing regularly)
- Roll Again (costly, useful to get rid of harmful tarot cards)
- Double Or Quits (at average slightly increases one spell per turn)

Abilities:
Int: resistance >= lvl/10; +HP >= lvl/10; regeneration; remaining ones 'de gusto'
Str: equal resistances, 4/4 or 3/4 damage
Agi: initiative (PvP), avoidance or avoid&lock (PvE)
Luck: crit, block, critdmg; depending on play style
Main: AP; MP or range afterwards, final damage not before 125+ (if at all)

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #803965  Replies : 7  Views : 778
posté December 01, 2014, 14:30:02 | #11
Weekly mass murder to readjust the nation bonuses:

This post has been edited by Rimali - December 03, 2014, 13:06:43.
Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #803481  Replies : 295  Views : 39559
posté November 30, 2014, 21:54:30 | #12
The redirect was generated automatically. Like always when a topic gets moved. *shrugs*
Mistake of the Moderator. If (s)he would have unpinned it before shifting the topic into a different forum and repinned it there...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #803137  Replies : 38  Views : 1351
posté November 30, 2014, 18:57:44 | #13

Quote (Imhotek @ 30 November 2014 18:07) *
People seem to have forgotten what things were like before September's patch. End game content was exclusive, and finding parties to run dungeons for equipment you needed was difficult because...nobody has time to carry you when they're already struggling. [...]
There's no need for theory, we've been at this point before.
I would rather say the fact that most dungeons provided few interesting items for most oft the players - being themed about a mob family and their one/two favorite elements - and the rather unsure chance to actually benefit from a bosskill had a bigger hand in this.

Why are some still acting as if this change will result in differences of more than a few percentage points?
The different pieces will even out, you won't see weaknesses like those we lived with before the september update.

This post has been edited by Rimali - November 30, 2014, 23:44:57.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #803079  Replies : 68  Views : 1877
posté November 30, 2014, 14:53:22 | #14

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 30 November 2014 14:33) *

Quote (Blasting-Veles @ 30 November 2014 11:34) *
So threads like Click here are classified as general discussion, while some nice and cheerful threads like "Wakfu reaction gif thread" are classified as off-topic (official description - Where you can talk about anything but WAKFU!). And for damn sake same people approve those!
This. This thread is Wakfu related yet it ended up in the section where non-wakfu related threads are? I guess General Discussions are only for peoples complains, not for fun. Oh well.
I've got to agree. It's a lighthearted refreshing thread concerning WAKFU which exactly contains what's said on the tin.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #803020  Replies : 38  Views : 1351
posté November 30, 2014, 14:32:06 | #15
You're aware the "devastating" differences you're speaking about are in the lower single digit area if a player chooses his equipment not completely ignorant after his most preferred second damages?
Nothing to truly worry about, in my opinion. Yes, if someone decides to invest more time and money into his characters he or she will have a slight advantage, but this has always been the chase.

Actually, I don't consider it a disadvantage if groups of different enemies don't all aim at the one with the lowest general resistance for all their attacks, but rather go after different teammembers depending on their favorite element.

This post has been edited by Rimali - November 30, 2014, 14:38:01.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #803014  Replies : 68  Views : 1877
posté November 28, 2014, 17:18:25 | #16
If high damage is your main priority fire/earth might be the best choice, but you're giving up the ability to heal others.

1. Fire and water complement each other far better than water/earth, increasing the chance to hit critically through the buff from Fleahopper and improving your Winning Streak through fire spells.

2. Without Bow Meow and a high basic critical hit chance the increase to Winning Streak is very luck dependant, since Ecaflip Die alters it equally posi- and negative. Since Tarot is even more unpredictable it's hard to say.

3. Definitely, but with a lower priority than in a build using fire spells.

4. While you're paying with slightly lower strenght in every element because of the tri-elemental equipment, it's surely viable.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #802230  Replies : 1  Views : 393
posté November 21, 2014, 16:39:34 | #17

Quote (Zygarde @ 21 November 2014 15:41) *
I wouldn't really call the plant dodging mini game a tactical battle, though. It's just a different puzzle.
Well it's about positioning. In a way the plants can't attack you, teaching about the importance of sight lines. Far better than the old puzzles in my opinion.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799344  Replies : 8  Views : 2998
posté November 16, 2014, 16:47:13 | #18
Seeing how some parasite ...one plundered the nation after you spend over an hour revitalizing a day before.

Healing teammates with infectious debuff effects.

This post has been edited by Rimali - November 17, 2014, 12:30:16.
Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #797230  Replies : 295  Views : 39559
posté November 14, 2014, 19:06:15 | #19

Quote (WwhitecrowW @ 15 October 2014 22:00) *
Well - I think it'd be much easier being able to bring boxed sets into the costume slot (much like they do with dummies). This way you can unmerge and merge as you please as well as they don't need to code for anything. That or create two separate slots for each visual equipment (boots, breastplate, helm, epps...), one slot for aesthetics and the other for stats. This would allow customization of looks without ruining builds. Also it can add a huge new market for the online shop - individual articles of clothing...
I would rather prefer this solution and agree with the remark on level limitations. But it's generally a good idea, would result in more variation and increase the value of a whole set.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #796449  Replies : 15  Views : 854
posté November 14, 2014, 18:14:05 | #20
It originally started with the current day, descending into the past. It was swapped, in my opinion unintentionally, while some other date-related feature was added if I remember right.

The current state is rather annoying, i agree.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #796421  Replies : 4  Views : 239