Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Rimali's profile
Statistics
296 Posts (0.26 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 20, 2015, 13:06:54 | #1

Quote (Shadow-Frost @ 20 April 2015 12:41) *
There's a limit to how much AP and MP you can reduce from a single dodge, meaning that if you want to completely immobilise your enemy, the locker either has to put in a little more effort, work together with their team, or both, and I honestly don't think that's a bad thing. The locker role is actually interesting to play!
[...]
If you can just lock an enemy 100% every time with enough lock, then...I don't know, that just seems kind of ridiculous to me.
Agreed. Being able to fix an enemy simply by staying next to him isn't very tactically challenging.
See also this discussion from last month: Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #853689  Replies : 15  Views : 705
posté April 18, 2015, 14:45:17 | #2
If you're from phaeris, it might be due to the compensation for the migration issues.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #853069  Replies : 3  Views : 232
posté April 17, 2015, 18:12:41 | #3

Quote (Tzooon @ 17 April 2015 00:15) *
LFG needs to be a global channel
If the possibilities to post in it aren't heavily limited most players would leave it within the first week because of trolls and spammers. A improved (non-automatic) Group Finder would be more effective in my opinion.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852661  Replies : 347  Views : 8526
posté April 17, 2015, 13:07:24 | #4

Quote (mics5 @ 17 April 2015 07:13) *
Ecaflip:+50% harvest from Fishing Prof
Fogger:+50 EXP Chef
Bow to your new mecha-feline Overlords. Muhahaha.

I like the basic idea of granting classes some profession bonusses, but would keep them rather minimal and symbolic, since otherwise players might feel pressured to choose certain class/profession combinations.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852524  Replies : 32  Views : 688
posté April 16, 2015, 01:40:11 | #5

Every source needs a sink. Not just money, items need sinks, too.
Regarding the fact that gear is constantly generated through drops, it's essential most, better all of it, is taken out of the market at some time. Otherwise the value of all items diminishes quite fast if you're not limiting the sources massively. Which chokes the item flow. Currently the only regular item sink is crushing for rune powder, since gear doesn't deteriorate.
Binding equipment to an account on the first use is in my opinion a very good solution, since it allows people to sell equipment they get but don't need and use an item on several characters and still ensures it leaves the market at some point.
Yes, it's frustrating for the individual.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851768  Replies : 152  Views : 2909
posté April 15, 2015, 14:41:32 | #6
A very versatile, rather riskless and simple to learn play style is Fire/Water (D-Six,Craps, Die Alright; Rough Tongue, Flea Hopper), like Nadia already mentioned.

The gambling aspect is far less problematic than one might expect. (Except if you decide to play mono earth maybe.) A good choice for your first specialties are Precision, Feline Leap (8 or 9) and Ecaflip Die, even if you're rarely using fire (Winning Streak). Tarot is best taken during a reskill (30 or 80), to bring it directly to max, and far less dangerous than before. You might ignore the often discussed Double Or Quits completely, at average it's just a increase of +12.5% non-final damage for up to one spell per turn.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #851513  Replies : 6  Views : 312
posté April 13, 2015, 13:36:48 | #7

Quote (EnigmaticBeing @ 09 April 2015 21:02) *
You would really think that the huge backlash from mimisymbics forcing items to be linked would have clued Ankama in to the fact that PLAYERS HATE the restrictions of linked items. It's actively removing one of the primary money sinks in the game too (listing fee taxes). Does Ankama really not have anyone on the team who knows some basics of economics?

One of the basics: Every source needs a sink. Not just money, items need sinks, too.
Regarding the fact that gear is constantly generated through drops, it's essential most, better all of it, is taken out of the market at some time. Otherwise the value of all items diminishes quite fast if you're not limiting the sources massively. Which chokes the item flow. Currently the only regular item sink is crushing for rune powder, since gear doesn't deteriorate.
Binding equipment to an account on the first use is in my opinion a very good solution, since it allows people to sell equipment they get but don't need and use an item on several characters and still ensures it leaves the market at some point.

This post has been edited by Rimali - April 13, 2015, 13:37:48.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #850018  Replies : 217  Views : 4793
posté March 31, 2015, 02:32:38 | #8
Sounds like a misunderstanding. You'll need a permit for crafting professions, which nowadays only means talking to someone who teaches the desired profession. (Originally you got a book and had to answer a few questions about the job.)

It was and is possible to learn and train all professions.

Thread : Crafting  Preview message : #845000  Replies : 1  Views : 159
posté March 29, 2015, 14:09:27 | #9
NPC: Miranda, such a classy sassy lady.

Monster: Tofu! Cute little guys.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #844531  Replies : 38  Views : 1741
posté March 29, 2015, 13:22:05 | #10
Heals don't profit from critical hit, berserk and damage from behind. But otherwise you're rather free to choose your secondary stats accordingly to your personal playstyle.

As a reference, my personal rule of thumb for my ranged supporting fire/water ecaflip for example looks like this:
duo/tri elemental damage (1)
single target damage (2/3)
ranged damage (2/3)
critical hit damage (3/5)
heal (1/3)
The fractions are my way to compare these stats with each other.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #844522  Replies : 5  Views : 336
posté March 28, 2015, 17:19:36 | #11
[Mounts] Some Crit for destruction mounts Currently one of the four mount types is far less interesting than the others.
Destruction pales in comparison, since there aren't a lot builds using AoE attacks to a sufficient degree, without a focus on either ranged or meele.

My suggestion ist rather simple: swapping some of the +aoe damage% for 1 or 2 critical hit chance, since it benefits all attacks and thus would increase the mounts usability.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #844301  Replies : 0  Views : 61
posté March 12, 2015, 18:56:13 | #12
Lepytri is currently spamming at the Almanax on Amara.
Same Account like before: cvnsfg

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837982  Replies : 126  Views : 5327
posté March 12, 2015, 17:47:39 | #13
A bit too much fire in my opinion, maybe think about swapping the Feca to Earth/Water, the water glyphs and armors also provide useful buffs for your team.

Adding Enu and Iop sounds quite effective.
Water/Fire Enu: PP, high range, might remove MP(Earth), DrHeller helps positioning the team.
Earth/Air Iop: nice damage, a tough meele might be useful to keep enemies of your more vunerable team members.

This post has been edited by Rimali - March 12, 2015, 17:53:00.
Thread : General  Preview message : #837948  Replies : 3  Views : 336
posté March 10, 2015, 15:16:42 | #14

Quote (Sting-Shotter @ 10 March 2015 13:33) *
It started again QQ
My thought. Gobasi(cvnsfg) is currently spamming on Amara.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837269  Replies : 126  Views : 5327
posté March 10, 2015, 13:36:38 | #15
Some of the stuff mentioned here isn't fully accurate.

The one nation, one guild limitation only applies to companies (Main + Heroes), players won't be forced to choose the same for all characters but characters which differs in these regards can't be put into a company.

The letter itself doesn't speak about professions at all, just mentions thoughts about managing Kamas, Pets, Mounts and Costumes on account level. The items through a catalog like feature but this wouldn't happen right away (too complex). Trades should also be on account level according to him (Aza), so you won't have to switch characters for it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837246  Replies : 55  Views : 2228
posté March 09, 2015, 15:03:47 | #16

Quote (Fluffenstein @ 09 March 2015 13:51) *
Iop, Fogger, Rogue, Feca, Enu and Eca
Let's see:

Rogue: Swaps boss next to obstacle, if needed. (He's able to teleport enemies next to bombs.) Claw can push enemies in up to 7 fields distance.
Feca: Drip Armor pushes Boss backwards, might be able to grand AP to allies.
Fogger: Rails simplify movement. Blockades limit walking options of the Boss, he might also be pushed against them.
Iop: charges Boss and pushes him, escapes by Jump, Super Iop Punch, Drheller, or because Boss shifted back.
Enu: reduces the MP of the Boss to ideally one (or zero except every third turn). Drheller swaps team into secure places, if neccessary.
Eca: Bow Meows and Kitikaze are moving red shirt obstacles. Cat tree forms another obstacle (dangerous). Might be able to heal with Rough Tongue and Flea Hopper.

Yes, a different class combination might be more convenient but I think it's possible.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #836944  Replies : 34  Views : 1546
posté March 09, 2015, 13:54:30 | #17
Edith: "Always try to read the source, kids. Or at least a translation."

The decision to limit companies (Main+Heroes) to the same nation and guild might pressure players into choosing the "right" nation instead of the one they're currently interested in or fits the character, since it's a decision affecting the account as a whole. Most servers already got an imbalance regarding nation's population. This change might make it worse.

Many players create and play their characters with a certain style and build in mind, roleplayers additionally attribute them with personality and a sometimes very elaborated backstory. Its sad the feature won't allow more variation in companies. Permanently account shared Kamas, knowledge and mounts hurt immersion. Which some might consider a first world problem, but drive away others. (The possibility to opt-out of it would be great.)

This post has been edited by Rimali - March 09, 2015, 18:12:20.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #836906  Replies : 55  Views : 2228
posté March 07, 2015, 16:18:01 | #18

Quote (kurausu @ 07 March 2015 14:03) *
We don't need to trivialize most boss fights in the game by being able to immobilize bosses while the rest of the team picks off the minions. Besides this, i think a tactical game should focus on mobility, not on sitting on one square hitting a target.
I agree, like Gynrei, "fighting" enemies (near) permanently sticking to a tank is as challenging as beating up a pinata without a blindfold.

The importance of characters which are specialized healers or tanks was reduced, that's right. But keeping enemies away from more vulnerable allies is still important, since the possibilities to heal received damage are also more limited now. All in all, avoiding damage got more relevant, so there's still space for tanky characters.

1. Yes, but i prefer the "sturdy guy taking some blows because he's in the way to an easier target" over the "wandering rock the enemies attack in blind fury".

2. It is, but not in the way you'll see in many MMOs. Having high values in specific stats is less important.

3. It might be obvious by now, but i prefer a less binary view of roles. Thus i disagree with some of your conclusions.

4. Who knows, Ankama suprises us regulary.

This post has been edited by Rimali - March 07, 2015, 16:29:10.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #836419  Replies : 19  Views : 928
posté February 27, 2015, 15:22:11 | #19

Quote (Sabi @ 23 February 2015 11:00) *
And to finish with a bang on the last day (Thursday, February 26th) [...]
So from February 23rd to the 26th, help us blow out the candles and get to unpack gifts with the WAKFU Anniversary Calendar!

Thread : News  Preview message : #834145  Replies : 57  Views : 2189
posté February 20, 2015, 16:59:37 | #20
According to the encyclopedia 15 135+ Items grand range. Click here
If they're worth it is a different question.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832092  Replies : 7  Views : 324