Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Sidekicks

Thread closed

Lead Community Manager * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté November 29, 2013, 15:15:34 | #1
Sidekicks Your feedback on the Sidekick feature.

Note: For testing purpose, the free testing Multiman will change every 2-3 days, instead of every week.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2010-08-27
posté November 29, 2013, 16:00:51 | #2
Did someone get the Astrubian one? Said i have to save him from prision, but can't...

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté November 29, 2013, 16:07:29 | #3
My first impression of shadow and multiman in general:

• After doing a few fights he became level 23 and his hp increased to 160, no other stats have increased.
  • If you click on shadow in the inventory tab, your bags stay on the character page so you can't drag your equipment to the sidekick.
  • I love his animations, the teleport and darkness blade looks awesome
  • His passive is nice, 200% dmg boost at lvl 200 sounds a bit high but then again i don't know if his stats increase
  • When he dies he starts with full hp the next battle which is nice but also weird considering the main character doesn't have that feature
  • his spells increase with his level, i love it
  • Bug? his stats did not show an equipment bonus when i gave him a hat, they did show it in battles

Edit:
You can only give your sidekicks equipment when you click on the special sidekick menu instead of the inventory menu. It would be nice if it can be changed somehow.

Edit2: His teleport doesn't get him closer if he stand on a hill but the target does get dmg

This post has been edited by ThyHolyOverlord - November 29, 2013, 16:13:17.
Lead Community Manager * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté November 29, 2013, 16:32:13 | #4

Quote (AndersonMenezes @ 29 November 2013 16:00) *
Did someone get the Astrubian one? Said i have to save him from prision, but can't...

The quest cannot be completed yet. Sadly.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-06-29
posté November 29, 2013, 18:16:05 | #5
* They gain no points to put into stats (HP, lock, str/etc) per level--is this working as intended, or are they supposed to be getting something per level?

* They seem unable to gain elemental bonuses inherently due to the chromatic effect of all their spells. Long-term this will be a crutch as they lack a lot of elemental damage and resistance bonuses via their spells. Coupled with the above (no stat points per level), and they will fall behind in usefulness.

* Why is it that wisdom gear wouldn't work to accelerate their EXP gain? PP I understand (somewhat) because they aren't necessarily rolling for loot themselves, they're just a +100 PP buff for the lock, and instead enable you to gain multiple rolls. For Wisdom there doesn't seem to be any good reason why they couldn't benefit from it though, unless they're inheriting your wisdom bonus and I'm unaware. Do they gain bonuses to their PP (for the lock?) and Wisdom from challenges completed in fights they're in?

* Challenges (out of combat area ones) don't seem to also reward any XP to your sidekicks. Probably intentional, but just mentioning it to be thorough.

* Sidekicks in the party menu don't properly update their level when they do happen to level up, and seem bugged to always display the level at which they joined the party. They also only display the typical 50/50 HP count as if they're out of range for that. While it's not a huge deal for when partying with players, for sidekicks it means you'd never know their actual level or HP total before getting in a fight with them to find out, and that might get annoying.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-08-08
posté November 29, 2013, 20:35:32 | #6

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 29 November 2013 16:07) *
  • If you click on shadow in the inventory tab, your bags stay on the character page so you can't drag your equipment to the sidekick.
Edit:
You can only give your sidekicks equipment when you click on the special sidekick menu instead of the inventory menu. It would be nice if it can be changed somehow.

You can drag the shadow in the inventory tab away and the sidekick's equipment window will open separately. No need to click in the special sidekick menu.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-02-27
posté November 29, 2013, 22:51:13 | #7
Shadow doesn't get any damage bonus or resist per level, I suppose that's a bug otherwise they are going to be far far weaker than any player and not just 'weaker'. If that's the case, Ankama should rethink about adding to them at least 1% damage bonus per level and 0.5% resistances.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-07
posté November 30, 2013, 11:40:03 | #8
still, a 3ap1mp attack for 65 :O

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-03-08
posté November 30, 2013, 15:38:55 | #9
too high base damage :|
some spell are bugged (belzebug and knight)
when you swich from your equipment to multi's equipment, you can't see your inventory
i think that a siderkick base inventory can help people to equip them and exchange items from a chat to another one
that's all
char* XD sorry for bad english

This post has been edited by Carmenio - November 30, 2013, 15:42:13.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-05-12
posté November 30, 2013, 21:11:43 | #10
I haven't bought them, I've only looked through their spells on the beta server and it makes me sad.

At least 15% of those spells could have, and should have, been put onto the main classes rather than been used to create half-classes for sale.

I've been crying out forever that the Sadi healer should have a cleanse feature to set it apart from the other healers and that is what really makes it sting.

Not only are class revamps being pushed back for these sales gimmicks but good ideas are being wasted on them.

This post has been edited by Loneith - December 01, 2013, 09:17:11.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2008-05-13
posté December 02, 2013, 17:17:23 | #11
Finally they are getting damage bonuses per level.
It seems they get between 0.75% and 0.8% damage per level, I expected more as they don't have class passives nor clan member bonuses/guild bonuses. But I suppose it is better than nothing

posté December 02, 2013, 19:39:11 | #12
With the update sidekicks gain EXP from challenges you do (area challenges) with them in a party with you, meaning you can level them up that way if it's more convenient. A nice addition.

I'd like to see better scaling for abilities, if possible. Prime examples being things which grant (or remove) AP/MP/etc: Shadow's 1 WP for 1 AP (2 starting at 101), for example. Make it a default +1 AP, with a 1% chance per level to gain an additional AP, for 2 AP at 100 (much like it is now). Or make it a 1% chance/2 levels, if you want to scale it to 200.

Same with MP steal/granting. Gauranteed 1 MP, 1% chance every 1-2 levels to take/grant another. It seems silly for level 100 to give +1 at 100%, and level 101 to give +1 at 100% and an additional +1 at 50%. Make it smoother.

The Dmg/res per level looks nice. It's hard to say whether it will be too little, too much, or just enough. That's the kind of thing that should be tested internally to find the right balance though, I'd guess.

The sidekick statistic display (which shows dmg/res, heals, crit, etc) does not update to include their equipment, and I'm guessing that it should. in battle it seems to take their inventory into account, but not when looking them over.

posté December 02, 2013, 20:13:28 | #13
I agree with Taku about the characteristics.
It would be also nice if we actually could distribute their own points, I know it's asking too much. But it'd bring a more versatility in their builds.

The damage is low because I've did some math and, for example, with the current damage bonus they get, I'll be able to reach around 220~240% Earth damage on Trank at level 114 with Milkar set and other equipment.
I find it quite low, they should have about the same damage bonus as players since their reduced versatility already makes it better to have other players in tough battles.

I am also assuming they don't get any damage buff after the AP and MP bonus :]
If not, 1.5% damage per level looks like a good number.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - December 02, 2013, 20:14:16.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté December 02, 2013, 20:45:08 | #14
Some feedback about Lumino
  • i see some increase in dmg and res which is nice to see, but he doesn't get other stats as dodge for example?
  • Dernier Espoir dosent do stuff at additional levels, maybe you could decrease its current range and make it higher as he levels up?
  • his Explosion Lumineuse spell description is wrong, it said to have 5 range while its only 3
  • I also noticed to doesn't have a death animation when he gets KO'ed so you don't know when that happens

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté December 02, 2013, 23:09:21 | #15
Does equipment currently not add to their stats or is that a visual bug?

posté December 03, 2013, 00:19:13 | #16
Check their stats in battle. they should be correct. The statistics list outside of battle doesn't update properly, from what I saw.

posté December 04, 2013, 11:38:27 | #17
Nice update.
Now it is possible to see their stat increase through Sidekick window and also they are getting extra 0.8% damage per level.
I suppose we're closer to something balanced, I'd like to add my concern about Shadow though.
It can get up to 200% damage bonus at 100 and if he gets 0.8% damage per level too, that will be 280% damage and with the passive buff thats 378% damage, I don't know if it sounds too high as I have no idea how much % classes can reach at 200, but it looks high. I think that this is the only multiman I have found to be a little stronger than I expected, all others are fine now with that 0.8% damage and resist per level and that new passive that shows how they evolve.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-03-08
posté December 07, 2013, 18:36:23 | #18
the knight is boring, he only has 3 spells
okay that is fine in terms of power, but with more spells would be more appealing (desirable-palatable-appetizing XD)

posté December 09, 2013, 00:37:26 | #19
Suggestion:

Let Sidekicks carry up to 10 items in an inventory dedicated to them, this way we are able to exchange items between characters (finally!). Would be a nice way to avoid the need of adding character linked chests in the future.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-03-26
posté December 11, 2013, 03:26:31 | #20
Believe that Sidekicks should be allowed in PVP, personally, perhaps limited to one? I only suggest this because Multiboxers are capable of PVPing with their additional units and for those of us who would like to use Sidekicks as an alternative, I believe this would be awesome. Also it would open up a TON of new strategies in combat.

Thread closed