Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Mounts
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté June 13, 2014, 21:01:33 | #1
Mounts Hello everyone,

Please share here any feedback you may have about the mounts that you may find on the Beta server.

If you are encountering any bugs, please report them in this section: Here.

You can obtain your new mount by simply go to the Machine next to the Almanax Temple.

Thank you for your participation!

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté June 14, 2014, 08:19:03 | #2
Uhmm its probably already known but:
  • They don't have walking animations or any animation at all
  • They don't show in battles and you need to reequip them after a fight
  • Other players don't always see the mount
  • They don't show in the equipment screen
I find them a bit large as i compare them with the red transport mounts, maybe you can chance the sizes to make them equal?

Edit: You can't use teleport potions while riding them

This post has been edited by ThyHolyOverlord - June 14, 2014, 10:52:45.
Producer & Lead Game Designer * Member Since 2009-09-18
posté June 15, 2014, 10:55:34 | #3
Hello,

I just quickly answer your questions :

• They don't have walking animations or any animation at all
The first animations arrive next week in the beta.
  • They don't show in battles and you need to reequip them after a fight
For the battles, it's normal. You cannot use your mount in battle, but it's not normal to have to reequip your mount. It's a bug that we will fix in the coming weeks.
  • Other players don't always see the mount
It's a "refresh" problem that we will correct.
  • They don't show in the equipment screen
It's not normal, the mount's item disappears after equipment ?

I find them a bit large as i compare them with the red transport mounts, maybe you can chance the sizes to make them equal?

It's true, we will slightly reduce the size of the mounts.

Thanks for your return ! (and sorry for my english :p).

Aza. 

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2008-05-13
posté June 15, 2014, 21:45:52 | #4
Hello.

I'd like to give some suggestions and feedback about the mounts.

Mounts in Dofus are used in fights and they offer interesting stat bonus, there are many people around that feel like that Wakfu must be equal to Dofus when talking about mounts. Do you have any plans of doing that? I wouldn't like to see mounts in battle unless if the developers provide decent and plausible attacking animations. I don't want to see this game ending up like Dofus, where srams can attack with daggers while mounting a dragoturkey (doesn't make much sense).

The size is indeed too big, they could be slightly smaller and I hope there are many colors.

Another question is, is there going to be a breeding system? I think it would be a perfect combo with haven worlds, we could build paddocks there and breed the mounts for the guild members. There could even be a system while the young mountable ones could be bought by members and the kamas would go to the guild chest. Isn't that an interesting idea?

Concerning the bonuses. Are mounts going to use exactly the same pet slot, since they currently are mainly for speed?

I think that a special slot could be given just for mounts, therefore there would be possible to add the following things that most players would love:

• Mount Inventory: there could be a huge inventory just for mounts, where we can put resources and other items. The inventory could be extended with special mount bags created by leather dealers.
  • Mount Territories: for future updates they can add places where only mounted players can reach, such as crossing swamps and dense jungles.
  • Mount Bonuses: the bonuses could be related to professions, they could give gathering boost, crafting boost alongside the speed bonus.
  • Mount and pets should have their own slots considering the fact their bonuses differ. One is for combat and the other is for movement/profession.

Thanks,

Pangea

posté June 16, 2014, 19:45:55 | #5
Thank you everyone for the feedback!

Adding on to the information from Azael:

Jumping with the mount: as far as being able to jump, that is also being looked into but we need more testing first.

Mount/dismount: it will be via an emote that will be obtained at the same time of your first basic mount. We also made note of a suggestion to have music playing when mounting.

Basic drago mount: the basic version will be obtained via a quest, more basic skins will be available in the Boutique. An exclusive mount (maybe not a Drago inspired one) will be available via the Almanax as we announced in the past but it will not be available right away with the patch of the mounts' implementation.

Skin: nation skin customization will be available via specific nation quest. These skins will be able to be used on the basic drago version (free starting version) and the boutique drago version, as well as another skin in the boutique will be available at the release. Please note that the skins will not work like for the pets, they will change the whole look of the mount.

Drago mount shop prices: not yet set at this time.

Other mounts than the drago: Yes, we have run tests to be able to use different types of mounts as long as they fit on one cell.

Mount quest: it will be improved until its release as far as its steps and its difficulty.

Each week the Beta server will be updated so that you can follow all the improvements and evolution of this feature, which will truly also help us to continue to see your feedback and base ourselves on them as well, so thank you again for them.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté June 16, 2014, 21:56:47 | #6
i started the mount quest and it seems ok so far im just at the very beginning and the crafting seems ok. If it was translated id be more inclined to keep going. I will try again after awhile when i have more free time. It does seem pretty fair just to get a basic one?

My question is that will you keep getting more quests as you level up dealing with mounts? like once you do this lv 30 one is there planning to be more and what are the possible rewards... better mounts?

Also as a suggestion i think a gobball mount would be cool, a strich would be funny , In fact i think itd be cool if you were able to get nation specific mounts with each nation having some different mount like brakmar has a big scara or strich, bonta has a moogrr or blibli , amakna has a crackler or some kind of treechnid, sufokia can have a giant crab! and a shark mount. Idk i just think itd be sorta fun and a bit silly to have alot of different versions.

posté June 19, 2014, 18:45:52 | #7

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 15 June 2014 21:45) *
Another question is, is there going to be a breeding system?

Concerning the bonuses. Are mounts going to use exactly the same pet slot, since they currently are mainly for speed?

Hi Niddhoggy,

We are still looking on a final decision regarding the chosen slot.

If the mounts are on the pet slot, they may be perceived as a pet with extra bonuses, due to these bonuses based on the same balancing with a speed travelling bonus. This may decrease the interest into the pets, which we wish not to see disappear.

Therefore we must find the right balance between interest and global balancing without falling into bonuses that are only cosmetics. We are also open for suggestions of any particular bonuses the community would like to see, knowing that we prefer to stir away from a bonus like +1 MP for example.

There is no plan to add a breeding system to the mounts as the main goal is first to improve the speed of the transportation system in WAKFU and not to add an entire extra gameplay as we are also working on new features for the game such as PvP based on the Politic system, which to us has more priority than a breeding system but we do appreciate the suggestion and inquiry.

Quote (Nox16 @ 16 June 2014 21:56) *
My question is that will you keep getting more quests as you level up dealing with mounts? like once you do this lv 30 one is there planning to be more and what are the possible rewards... better mounts?

Hi Nox16,

Thank you for this suggestion, we are not planning on having extra quests yet at this time as we are focusing on the introduction of the mounts.

As added information to continue to follow up on this topic and the direction of the bonuses:

There will be x mounts with x different bonuses, which will be stackable with the pet, but the basic skin of the drago will be the same for all bonuses.

We will sell or unlock several skins which will change the look of the drago completely without touching the bonuses.

When we will add other mounts (non-drago) this mount will have the same stats than the drago and will work the same way.

We are confirming that the mount will not be visible in combat but will still give its bonuses to the player just like pets.

Thank you again everyone for the feedback, keep them coming!

Short Strich * Member Since 2014-02-01
posté June 20, 2014, 02:38:23 | #8
What if the mounts gave profession bonuses? That could be handy.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté June 28, 2014, 15:23:52 | #9
Just did the quest, i really enjoy seeing professions part of a quest

A very welcome addition

Short Strich * Member Since 2010-01-15
posté June 29, 2014, 21:38:24 | #10

Quote (ebrande @ 20 June 2014 02:38) *
What if the mounts gave profession bonuses? That could be handy.
Don't you mean 'that could be handyMAN'? Aha!