No flash

AlterMeGo's profile
Statistics
117 Posts (0.13 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté May 13, 2014, 23:30:58 | #1

Quote (Kouromaro @ 13 May 2014 23:29) *

Quote (Nox16 @ 13 May 2014 23:16) *
I personally would totally stop playing if there was a server merge.... i have expressed my thoughts on server mergers in the pass and i have always disagreed with them. I dont understands peoples obsession with merging when they have stated they wont.
Cannot find your posts in the past you mentioned. Forums search sucks. Mind you explain your reason? I am really interested to know the reasoning of anti-merge people.
Also interested.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731343  Replies : 85  Views : 2053
posté May 13, 2014, 23:19:08 | #2
This game should have had 1 or 2 servers from the very beginning. People of the same culture/background would have naturally divided themselves like they do in other MMOs.

I appreciate that Ankama wanted to give every region their own server, but this game is too niche to support the population being divided on 6 servers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731335  Replies : 85  Views : 2053
posté May 06, 2014, 18:53:26 | #3

Quote (Uyir @ 06 May 2014 18:48) *

6.12 Except as expressly permitted by Ankama, you may not sell, purchase or exchange for real-world money or value any in-game currency, accounts, characters, in-game services, or in-game virtual items. You may not use the Service, the Games and the Clients for the purpose of acquiring virtual items or advancement in gameplay on behalf of a third-party or for the purpose of selling any virtual assets to a third party for real-world money, specifically including “gold-farming” and/or power-leveling services.

Terms of Use

~Wind
Thanks for the help. Just making sure  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #727055  Replies : 10  Views : 449
posté May 06, 2014, 18:38:57 | #4
Is selling kamas permitted? Title.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #727037  Replies : 10  Views : 449
posté April 28, 2014, 15:50:01 | #5
Thanks for the response . It's nice to get a pros opinion as I'm trying to still learn this class.

I feel as though there should be a cap amount you can set on the field since their hp based and that like microbot, the cybot can run around and repair the blockades to make them more sustainable and have them last several turns.

I like this idea about the Cybot. And maybe there could be a specialization that increases the amount of hp blocks have and how many turns they stay on the field. I'm getting carried away with the possibilities

This post has been edited by AlterMeGo - April 28, 2014, 15:50:53.
Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #722001  Replies : 23  Views : 1094
posté April 28, 2014, 12:36:46 | #6
I'm new to Fogger and here's my perspective of some of the issues with the specialties/spells of this class. I'm new so my analysis might be wrong for some things so please correct me:

Earth Spells

Blocks: The absorption aura of the blocks are too small. The aura's radius should be increased to allow for more flexible placement, more coverage, and so that the blocks aren't constantly being destroyed because they have to be placed within AoE range.

Another issue is the temporary nature of blocks means they have to be made every turn, which means deciding between doing damage or placing blocks. This is different from Earth Feca or Sacrier who's shields are generated from attacking with their earth spells, so they don't have to decide between dealing damage and shielding. Someone posed the idea that blocks be permanent, but that would probably cause cluttering issues so I'm not so sure. Maybe blocks could last an additional turn or two to relieve the Fogger of having to place them each turn.

Stasis Spells

I'm not very familiar with these spells but perhaps 1 or 2 of the spells could allow for being cast at an angle for more flexibility.

Fire Spells

Seems to be doing what's intended.
Rails

These seem completely useless low level; they require much too much upkeep and investment to get going. My Fogger is still low level right now, so maybe there are instances where these things become useful later, but right now they feel like a novelty. I can't really imagine a situation later where they would be totally necessary, though.

I honestly think they should be scrapped and the specialties associated with them be reworked into something more useful. I don't feel the utility gained by these are worth the specialties dedicated to them.

Microbots

Keeping with the idea of reworking specialties, maybe these can be turned into a multi-purpose controllable summons that could:

1. Create it's own blocks. That way blocks can be placed when the Fogger can't reach the location. Edit: or maybe this is what the Cybot can be changed to do. It could have 6AP 4MP at max level with with a 3AP block and 2AP pull. Max of one in play and can be the only summon, like the Gobgob. Maybe the ability to lock with percentage of the Foggers lock...(idk, just brainstorming )
  2. A spell that could apply stasification (and maybe do a small amount of damage so it isn't wasted the first turn it's summoned). This would provide a scaling buff to stasis damage; the more control you have, the more bots you can summon, the more stasification you can apply, the the more damage you can do.
  3. Interact with the Fire spells to apply additional effects. Not totally sure what at the moment.

Armor Plating

There is too much going on with this specialty. It could easily be divided into 2 specialties to enhance specialization. Also the +20% resist should be to all elements, not the one you are weakest to. Also as an aspiring tank , I'm not a fan of the resistance loss from overheating.

Stasis Flux and Stasis Shield

What kurokat said.

That's all I have for now. I'm definitely in agreement with those who say that the rails specialties should be condensed ( or better yet removed imo ) to free up space for more useful specialties.

This post has been edited by AlterMeGo - April 28, 2014, 13:09:23.
Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #721929  Replies : 23  Views : 1094
posté April 13, 2014, 13:07:57 | #7

Quote (Sychu @ 13 April 2014 11:37) *
So I guess the devs and maintainers of this game are supposed to starve and not feed their family's and live out on the streets, while licking you guys toes 24/7. Gotcha. The near-sightedness and lack of empathy is astonishing. 0.02
Aeria, Perfect World, and Nexon all seem to be doing quite well with their free-to-play games.

New developers to the free-to-play scene like Bioware, Trion, En Masse and SOE also seem to be doing quite well since they transitioned some of their games to free-to-play.

Bioware's SWTOR Adds 2 Million Users Since F2P Switch/SWTOR's Monthly Revenue Doubles Since F2P

Trion's Rift sales up, player counts "way up" with switch to free-to-play

F2P Doubles En Masse's TERA Playerbase

SOE's DCUO Attracts Record Numbers After F2P Transition/Revenue Up 700 Percent Since F2P Transition

SOE seems to be thriving under free-to-play, so much so that they are releasing EQ:N as free-to-play from the very beginning.

Free-to-play games can be very profitable.

This post has been edited by AlterMeGo - April 13, 2014, 13:09:18.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #715343  Replies : 26  Views : 1523
posté April 08, 2014, 19:46:43 | #8

Quote (AlterMeGo @ 08 April 2014 17:36) *
...get your jollies by further berating them -- "you mad?", "loser", etc..

Quote (HateSpawn @ 08 April 2014 19:32) *
haha, man I dont even remember killing that nerd, how is he that angry

Thread : Introductions  Preview message : #713297  Replies : 19  Views : 776
posté April 08, 2014, 17:36:01 | #9
Note so I don't get edited: I'm only using terms found already in the OP.

I know everyone's definition of fun is different, but I don't see the fun in 2-hitting newbies on 5th while berating them, like you were doing recently or whenever you get into a foul mood. That just seems like being an asshole to me.

You've been playing for a long time, and you are one of the better geared players on the server, so it goes without saying that, yes, you could probably pk and beat people your level. However, it seems more often than not that it's a newbie who is getting pk'd because anyone you know/like has most likely been playing for long time and is around the same level as you and anyone you don't know/like has probably been playing for a much shorter time as therefore doesn't have the levels or gear to even pose a threat to you.

You know full well those you pk don't stand a chance and any fun you may derive from pk'ing people comes directly from knowing the fact that they don't stand a chance and will probably respond to you negatively and then you along with your hanger-ons can get your jollies by further berating them -- "you mad?", "loser", etc..

You're an asshole.

Thread : Introductions  Preview message : #713231  Replies : 19  Views : 776
posté April 08, 2014, 04:49:50 | #10

Quote (khackt @ 08 April 2014 04:09) *

much less active than it was only a short while ago.
spring? exams and stuff?
This population has been steadily decreasing for months, I just noted a even more significant decrease in player activity in the past few weeks, so I doubt spring is the culprit. Besides, one would think that with the free time for spring break or w/e we would see more players, not less.

This post has been edited by AlterMeGo - April 08, 2014, 04:54:56.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #712961  Replies : 28  Views : 855
posté April 08, 2014, 04:03:15 | #11

Quote (IYesWayI @ 08 April 2014 01:41) *
The problem is when the game first came out there was no content and a ton of bugs. Now that there is content and they have their shit together a little bit more there are no new players to keep. The players that are here are really high level. So imagine you see an add for Wakfu and think oh that looks like a fun game and so you download it. You log on and you see NOBODY your level and you go to the gobball dungeon and spam LFG for an hour but there isnt even anyone else in the area.
Exactly this. When playing through the low levels recently, I couldn't help but feel like I was playing a single player game due to the lack of players.

Speaking of Nox specifically, I have noticed even more of a population decrease within the last few weeks. The market board is also much less active than it was only a short while ago.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #712953  Replies : 28  Views : 855
posté April 24, 2013, 05:17:26 | #12
I've noticed a conspicuous absence of certain prominent players lately... 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #531515  Replies : 32  Views : 2293
posté April 18, 2013, 17:53:31 | #13

Quote (Eggotl @ 18 April 2013 17:07) *
That's it???

We don't even get any item compensations???
We only lost a few hours of time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #527497  Replies : 11  Views : 1028
posté April 17, 2013, 23:04:37 | #14
The more kama monsters the drop, the faster inflation raises item prices. It's a good thing UB can't be farmed for high amounts of kama.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #526579  Replies : 9  Views : 747
posté April 17, 2013, 00:15:22 | #15
Yeah, though I don't like the way some people go about complaining, there definitely needs to be some improvement.

There is still a lot of good though and I feel once some of these bugs are taking care of, we will see a lot of improvement.

This post has been edited by AlterMeGo - April 17, 2013, 00:20:24.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #525355  Replies : 44  Views : 2444
posté April 16, 2013, 17:09:47 | #16
Is there a way to get a CM to take notice of these bugs? A Sac skill got a fix but I don't think anyone has brought it to their attention that poison and shell are bugged.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #524401  Replies : 44  Views : 2444
posté April 16, 2013, 16:32:09 | #17
There is talk on the French forum of an Osa pet damage nerf...

This post has been edited by AlterMeGo - April 16, 2013, 16:32:32.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #524151  Replies : 4  Views : 452
posté April 16, 2013, 15:49:26 | #18
I want to see the Pouchecot Insignia on a female character  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #523943  Replies : 64  Views : 10040
posté April 16, 2013, 15:37:12 | #19

Quote (Ippy @ 16 April 2013 15:10) *
The cost doesn't bother me no where near as much as the fact he runs around. I remember hearing some talk about him following you. That would have been nice. I wonder if the totem AI is programmed to avoid tiles.. If not then yeah i totally agree with you Neno.

-Edit-

I forgot about the low hp! I didn't get a chance to check in game but does the passive Savoir-Faire
make the %hp totems gets higher? Will it still die even from a few attacks with that passive? QQ
Savoir-Faire adds +100% Voodoll health, I believe.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #523901  Replies : 21  Views : 1479
posté April 16, 2013, 15:20:51 | #20

Quote (Neneko88 @ 16 April 2013 15:18) *
I already have the best sadida equips you can have, as well as stats. I find it amazing that some of you act like this is hard to figure out.

btw I'll keep complaining, this is the class that makes me subscribe, if you don't want to hear it too bad. Your level 80 sadida isn't helping the conversation.
So you are fully runed already ?

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #523857  Replies : 367  Views : 18722