Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

semcorda's profile
Statistics
377 Posts (0.28 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté March 22, 2015, 17:43:47 | #1

Quote (shaustin @ 22 March 2015 17:00) *
a response from tech support
I don't think that this has ever happened. Closest thing you will get at forum is "soon™" from CM. I seriously doubt if ankama's "tech support" even exists.
Your only hope is that this has happened to amount of people significant enough to make them include it in some of future "fixes".

Thread : 1.40 Bug Reports  Preview message : #842289  Replies : 12  Views : 492
posté March 08, 2015, 19:52:33 | #2

Quote (Goblin-Cleaver @ 08 March 2015 19:14) *
While I am excited about the hero system, I prefer that Ankama takes their time and does it right rather than set a date and rush out a faulty product. Thank you.
They seldom set and keep date, they always rush anyway, their product is ALWAYS faulty. Seriously, LITERALLY ALWAYS. Thank you.

This post has been edited by semcorda - March 08, 2015, 19:53:21.
Thread : News  Preview message : #836691  Replies : 62  Views : 3118
posté March 08, 2015, 18:01:58 | #3

Quote (Wishie @ 08 March 2015 14:46) *

Quote (binyuu @ 08 March 2015 14:28) *

Quote (Wishie @ 08 March 2015 14:11) *

Quote (binyuu @ 08 March 2015 10:48) *

Quote (whyarealltheusernamestaken @ 08 March 2015 07:41) *
Anyway, I stick to my point that devs deserve more sympathy and support. If you feel that they don't simply because you paid them money then I really suggest you try and find a better MMO that releases good, fast, perfect content, and invest your money in that. That would at least help you to be less upset at an online game.
They deserved sympathy and support 2-3 years ago, during beta and early paid beta. Now they don't deserve any of those. 3 damn years and ankama's developing is still the same pile of shit.
Still EVERY.F...KING.UPDATE is full of bugs, still old (sometimes MONTHS old) bugs are in the game, still the game is shit on the technical side (RAM rape, random disconnections, infinite connecting - this reached absurd levels with guides on dealing with game's terrible performance appearing on forum), still communication with community is insulting for players (this letter is example), still lies/promises never meant to be kept (heroes are getting postponed second time, for the same reason), still no support (except money-related issues).
Nobody here expects "fast, perfect content". We expect content that is not soon™ for weeks and months and is not bringing more problems that game had before it's introduction.
Wakfu itself is great game, it is sad to see that it is being managed like that. It is like watching a monkey with a brush and paint, somehow creating a great picture, and then seeing as the same monkey starts throwing it's own shit at this picture, not being able to understand that doing so is not improving the picture from the point of view of others.

Thread : News  Preview message : #836664  Replies : 62  Views : 3118
posté March 04, 2015, 17:32:57 | #4
Xelor with water is quite hard hard to exp solo at low levels. If you find yourself struggling, don't think that it is because water/air is bad build. Numbers on spells are suggesting that it is at least decent, but those numbers are low at the beginning and rise slowly. You should be fine if you manage to crawl to 100-120 lvl, since then it will probably get better.
I'm using fire/air xel, but will do another water/air sooner or later just for ap manipulation gimmick which seems to be vialable thing at high levels.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #835546  Replies : 14  Views : 597
posté February 26, 2015, 15:42:56 | #5
Well, this guy first helped me with contacting the "support" after my hb wipe case, then ignored me when I was trying to get any help after "support" directly lied to me about fixing it. For me his + and - deeds as CM even out, so I guess this makes him and his leaving neutral to me.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #833898  Replies : 54  Views : 2314
posté February 21, 2015, 17:36:16 | #6

Quote (Thannas @ 20 February 2015 00:39) *

Quote (semcorda @ 19 February 2015 21:01) *
I don't think your experience is an accurate statement of the Rogue class across the game. When your in higher end dungeons at lvl cap, you start to compare other people to you.

My lvl 169, 1250+ earth/air rogue truly lags behind many other classes at the same lvl. Though I'm better geared/runed than most of the people I play with, my damage is either on par or under. Not only this - but rogues don't really add anything to the team.

I stand by what I said. If earth/air is lagging, no wonder, it is missing basic gimmick of class which is bombs. Withot them you are forced to either shoot in incovienent lines (or use also incovienent boombot), or go cc which isn't good idea for class without much defensive features. If you are making iop/cra hybrid without key elements of neither iop or cra, don't be surprised when effect lacks usefulness in fights. My fire/earth rouge has weak eq, barely breaking 1100 dmg, and still is invaluable addition to the team in wa and hc sram. Enurado dun isn't much harder than sram. IDK about xelorium duns, but if those are reason why you say rouge is weak, then "I don't think your experience is an accurate statement of the Rogue class across the game". You are probably doing something wrong.
BTW - you're*

Quote (Tzooon @ 20 February 2015 04:28) *

Quote (semcorda @ 19 February 2015 21:01) *
?????

Rouge is weak in PvP? Eee, do we play the same game?
No, Rogues are very weak in PvP at the moment. In most match ups, Rogues do not win, in fact, they are even being outsped by most classes with Srams and Xelors breaking past 450 initiative. Burst damage took a pretty bad hit with the resistance revamp and with hardly any utility in their kit, Rogue has very little "outplay" potential.

If you compare a Rogue's damage output to a Fogger's, you'll easily see the difference.

Also, it's not a fact, what you posted is a fallacy.

First of all, I mistyped, first sentence of my post was supossed to be "Rouge is weak in PvE?" My fault of making confusion. As I said, idk about pvp much. Just enough to know that fogs dmg compared to any class makes clear difference, no argue on that.
People out-speeding you? Well, look up their passives. Xelor has 56 ini from passives if I remember correctly. Oh dear what a tragedy, 16 ini more, my class must be shit. For others, it is simple math, If you are slower than class that does not have more ini from passives than you, then it is your build/eq problem, not a class issue.
Personally, I think ini is wakfu's pvp system worst issue. Being first almost guarantees win in dd vs. dd match, which is stupid and one of reasons why I ignore pvp.
"Also, it's not a fact, what you posted is a fallacy." - man, I tried to suggest that what I have said is not based on my pondering on the class, skill/spell analysis, others opinion, improbable sitiational utility etc. I claimed that I'm doing well with rouge because I AM ACTUALLY SEEING AND DOING THIS when I play. Tell to the man looking at the sky that it being blue is fallacy because your ceiling is white...
And what it is about every rouge seems to be whining about using 2 spells from earth again and again? You can't use much more if you have hybrid/omni build of any class, duh....
Also, everyone (from what I've seen in various topics) seem to claim that their class is weak and srams and fogs are much stronger. Ok so they are, so what? Is this a reason to whine on every class? Suddenly everyone became near unplayable (both pvp and pve) because of two ridiculously pvp-op classes?

I think that maybe my rouge experience differs so much from yours because I'm multiboxing. Maybe beause of that I'm most often able to bring out any advantages classes have.
And don't get me wrong, rouges require revamp as much as all classes who didn't get "new" revamp. But they aren't nearly as bad as it is being suggested in this topic. You want to try class that really needs revamp? Try play sadida. Sadidas are sole justified whiners/ranters on this whole forum (well, maybe also cra's regarding pvp and iops in pve but revamp is coming for them). I argued with them about overreacting same as here anyway, I'd never expected that class such as rouge will get same discussion.

This post has been edited by semcorda - February 21, 2015, 17:40:56.
Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #832485  Replies : 17  Views : 1379
posté February 19, 2015, 21:10:17 | #7

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 19 February 2015 19:46) *

Quote (Matt5150 @ 19 February 2015 16:03) *
1 - 0.8^(Resist Score/100) = Final Resist
that sounds right. I think I saw that before.

I think it was mentioned in post announcing stats revamp.
BTW, isn't it funny how well all "math" information about the game is hidden by ankama?
Tons of near useless tutorials who can be skipped by anyone with the secret skill of reading, but cruicial information about game is nowhere to be found. Only options are digging through mountains of old revamps announcements or posts like this with hope that some other player knows the answer, because getting anything from ankama is unlikely.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831890  Replies : 15  Views : 537
posté February 19, 2015, 21:01:16 | #8
?????

Rouge is weak in PvE? Eee, do we play the same game? I have one rouge alt as dd in my team and another on the same accont with eni, I use him to clear fast easier duns. Both are earth/fire. Both elements work great. I always thought that if I'm doing so good with rouge despite it is not my main, then people who main them must be awesome. IDK about pvp, but in pve the last thing that can be said about rouge is "weak".
This is not an opinion, it simply is a fact because I can see it every day when I'm playing.

This post has been edited by semcorda - February 21, 2015, 17:42:24.
Reason for edit : mistaken "PvP" changed to "PvE"
Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #831887  Replies : 17  Views : 1379
posté February 19, 2015, 16:07:01 | #9

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 19 February 2015 08:07) *

Drop rates, (...) false.

This is Basically the Monty Hall problem(in reverse)
You are failing to properly understand and picture how probabilities work.

Past events do not affect future ones in probabilistic terms, Unless there is a variable which clearly dictates that, in this case there is none.
This would be monty hall problem if we knew that all is really random. OP did not suggest some magic property of probability, but a asshole-ish property of game code. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be surprised with ANY example of incompetence or douchebagery from the side of ankama.

Quote (celestialknight @ 19 February 2015 14:00) *
I think you are a bit confused on how drops work. Just because someone else drops a Relic on their first run, does not set back your chances of dropping one as if it were your first time trying. Its just statistics and sometimes people just have a lot more luck than others. I've ran Wa dungeon over 300 using all 6 of my own toons. Statistically I should be close to dropping a Nettlez, however I haven't even dropped a Wa Crown!!!! Wtf is up with this!???? But me not dropping one yet, has nothing to do with it being dropped by other people. My statistical chance of dropping one is the same as any other person.

On OP being confused, look above. On nettlez example, I get you point but nettlez itself is wrong example. It is one of relics that can be obtained only through fragments.

In general, I know about perception fallacies when it comes to probability (gambler, monty hall, magic thinking etc.), but drops in wakfu are really strange. With sample large enough, all % should be eventually confirmed. We just need someone patient enough.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831787  Replies : 53  Views : 2036
posté February 14, 2015, 13:27:21 | #10
As a pure tank feca user, certain lock/dodge bug is very annoying for me.
Mobs can ignore lock if they are "passing by" the feca without stopping next to him. Basically, if mob didn't start turn next to locker or wasn't forced to stop his movement next to him, it can walk as if nobody was locking him.
It is easiest to see at wa or srambad. Wa wabbit sometimes can get locked by staring turn next to locker, walk aroung a bit and then pass next to locker without any effect.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #830310  Replies : 40  Views : 1146
posté February 13, 2015, 17:28:04 | #11

Quote (celestialknight @ 11 February 2015 15:32) *
It is convenience.

-- Celest --
Well, generally I have to agree with what you said. However, "key element" is huge overststement. I can't even remember when was the last time I thought "damn, I wish I had a leveled trans now". I don't think I ever had need for this spell other than self-cast (self-cast makes levels moot).
On the other hand, coney heals are near useless anyway. I had leveled this spell quite long ago before stat system revamp when his heals were better % of targets hp pool.. Now, if I use him at all, I use him almost only as push stopper, mostly at said srambad dun (to stop dds from being pushed back while attacking and tank from being pushed by boss), at dragon pig (only to keep tank from being pushed) and as "passenger" for my feca teleporting (who cannot tp by himself)
Apparently, you points, while valid, do not apply to all gameplay styles. Coney doesn't seem to be generally usefull neither. In that case I'd advice newbies to level trans earlier than coney, but with low priority anyway.

BTW
they're*
sorry, couldn't stop myself

This post has been edited by semcorda - February 13, 2015, 17:35:56.
Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #830087  Replies : 6  Views : 771
posté February 13, 2015, 17:05:04 | #12
Agreed with two previous answers. I will just add, that for me, feca bings the most fun from tanking. Having 100block is relatively easy and this paired with awesome resists makes funny situations when dungeon boss hits feca few times doing laughable dmg, then decides "oh f..k it" and walks away despite the cost of leaving the lock zone . (I know that this isn't how A.I. works, but that's how it looks  

Thread : General  Preview message : #830083  Replies : 5  Views : 591
posté February 10, 2015, 17:21:11 | #13
In my opinion, for healer build best option is fire/water. For damger build, fire/air seems to be better. Generally, fire branch is great in both dd and healing, while water is healing-centered and air damage-centered.
I don't know good guides for water/fire. My general advice for specialities - massacuring mark - first priority, coney, regen, trancendence - last priority (in that order), propagator left at 0lvl. At elemental branches go for:
water - fortyfying word (4ap1wp) and invigorating word (4ap1mp)
fire - must haves: sadist and refund marks +one of three other spells, if you cant decide for now which one, go for hammle, additional mp for you or team is always good thing, plus awesome range.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #829051  Replies : 6  Views : 771
posté February 07, 2015, 12:09:55 | #14

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 07 February 2015 04:16) *
I guess anyone who had to deal with some gamebreaking bug and/or got bitchslapped by support team wouldn't recommend Wakfu to friends. The customer support is literally one of the worst in existance, ask people around about their experiences.

(...).

Massive failed promises, tons of unfinished/abandoned content. New direction with eliotropes, bishie rivals and other ~epic~ stuff which honestly only a 8-12 years old kid would swallow.

This, so much.
Obvious reasons for old players, the new ones (post-steam, post-nosub) can't see it or even deny it and defend the game when those issues are mentioned.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #828089  Replies : 122  Views : 3883
posté January 25, 2015, 19:28:06 | #15

Quote (Asriah @ 25 January 2015 18:05) *
How DARE you. I've earned the best damn watermelons in my life from that passive!
And some herbs. Don't forget herbs. If you enubless them few dozen times, you may craft one item with them. Just how cool is that?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823880  Replies : 20  Views : 937
posté January 24, 2015, 12:50:58 | #16

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 23 January 2015 18:33) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 23 January 2015 17:09) *
Look at the cactus that reflects..that's how bramble armor should be

I really really want the totem back and they have to make it 100% of target's hp. Not sure I like the totem to summon under us, it's better how it is at the moment.
Imo it would be better to just have high shield value with no reflect at all. This reflect is only making me not want to use the shield on allies to not fail challanges such as "do not make enemy suffer earth type dmg" or "Focus".

OK, but this is problem with challenges, not spell itself. If you say leave it only as shield, then the dmg that sadi's shields should be doing to be comperable to feca's shield could be turned into additinal hp value. For example, if shield would supposed to be made with 100hp and deal/reflect 50 dmg, make it have 150 hp instead.

Quote (Onofriss @ 23 January 2015 19:25) *
Gust - remove per turn limit.
Earthquake - if failed to inflect damage. Remove the spawn point.
The Block - increase block or steal block with the spell. Increase MP by 1.
Doll Link - + 1% redirected damage per level of Lone Sadida.
Knowledge of Dolls - 20% chance to return 2 WP instead of just 1.
Lone Sadida - Always + 30% per turn and is then stolen by dolls instead if within 4 cells.
Gust - with two "gusted" ultras and 11ap build it would be possible to push something by 7 cells, inflicting dmg and poison by doing that. Seems too strong, but with current ridiculous costs of summoning+teaching of ultras it would be more than balanced, pretty UP actually, at least for kiting purposes. Unlimited gust would be quite cool for support though;
Earthquake - great idea, but max 3 casts per turn would still be crippling for this spell anyway. Maybe your idea+1mp cost+ removal on friendly/self fire (no enemy damaged)? I would also limit self damaging for green guard trigger, which all sadis use and all despise at the same time .
The block - it would be still of little utility. Maybe spell (with cooldown) changing targets block into -final res (-2%res per 10block?) would make blocks useful?
Doll Link - looks great, full lone sadida + self brambly would make 35% reflect (10%+10%+1,5*10% if I get you idea right). I'm assuming that you mean current voodoll redirecting, not pre-revamp doll-sacri redirecting.
Lone sadida - stolen by dolls?

This post has been edited by semcorda - January 24, 2015, 12:54:35.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #823496  Replies : 14  Views : 717
posté January 23, 2015, 15:59:55 | #17
Idea on bramble armor:
Fecas' earth armors deal damge during creating (by atacking the opponent). It makes sadi's armor missing a lot in comparison, since it doesn't do any reasonable dmg. To compensate this, brambly armor could have higher reflect damage rate when self-cast (currently it is 10% I think). Of course, ap/armor hp and ap/dmg/reflected dmg ratios would have to be balanced with differences between feca's and sadi's armor in mind.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #823137  Replies : 14  Views : 717
posté January 19, 2015, 19:15:25 | #18
Great, provocation "fix". You can remove the pvm aspect of this spell at all now, "provoking" of mobs works so seldom that it is mostly useless. With this "fix", feca becomes first (and probably, only) class that has speciality useful only in pvp.
Too bad that A.I. reactions to provocation are not getting fixed, but it would be too much for ankama, rigth? Doing some actual work instead of sweeping under the carpet.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #821599  Replies : 29  Views : 4672
posté January 18, 2015, 18:34:26 | #19

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 17 January 2015 18:34) *
I am using Ultrapowerfull dolls in PvM, usually when enemy have high water resist (so basically any enurado monster). I use them also if i can't do anything better then sending the No-LoS attacking doll to reach enemy. Also i use them when i "try" to stack -resist for my next turn.

The point still remains though as its too costly. Every single target spell cast on seed should refund its full cost, or the seeds should be removed and we should have instant summoning of dolls.

And i agree we need to control dolls by default.
Discussion goes about summoning cost, but what about air summoners and "teaching" the spells to the ultras? Whem my sadi summons I'm using ultras in 80% cases. Most annoying thing about them is that they "know" sudden chill as an effect of summoning, therefore "teaching" them this sepll is free, but if I want to summon an ultra with other spell, cost gets ridiculous. It makes spells other than chill worse for such kind of use, despite they may be weaker in terms of dmg or utility than chill. Can't see any logical reason for such discrimination.

Sorry if this issue was mentioned before, I skimmed this topic and only post about ultras I've found was the one I quoted and the one you answered to.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #821346  Replies : 33  Views : 1468
posté January 15, 2015, 20:58:49 | #20

Quote (HateSpawn @ 15 January 2015 20:41) *
Regression to the mean, look it up.

might as well research Gambler's Falacy too.
OK, it is the point.
But, sometimes it gets really strange.
I've been running wa castle a lot (for about 5 months I think), and dropped 10 wobot boots and 0 wa cwowns. Afaik, both these items have same drop%. (and I'm still stuck at wa beacuse I decided I will drop this crap even if I had to reach lvl 200 there, and not going to sub until I get the damn cwown)
Back in the days when ambassador dun was new, few guildies and I decided to drop the (then) awesome necro cape. We did loads of runs to no effect. After ridiculous amount of runs finally it dropped. Then it dropped again strangely soon. And another, and another. Each next in earlier than the first one.
Yea, yea, I know about perception falacies. It's just hard to keep staying sceptical after so much strange first hand experiences.
Besides, I have so little trust in ankama that I'm ready to believe anything.

P.S.
op please consider using some punctuation marks and paragraphs because reading long text in one monotonuos gramatically confusing stream is hard

This post has been edited by semcorda - January 15, 2015, 21:00:53.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #820198  Replies : 18  Views : 1395