You're lookin' kinda down to me..."
To the people that always wonder why Sadida players are complaining, i've finally made a list of everything that is wrong with this class. Bear with me i tried to make it short.
- Seeds need to be activated with elemental spells, wich often force Sadida to waste precious spell exp on unwanted spells.
- Spells also have their own conditions (use per turn), wich means if Sadida use them to activate seed, it will be unable to cast it afterwards (example: summon 2 Blocker dolls with Wild Grass and then you can't use Wild Grass to damage or shield in that turn)
- Animation time taken to summon 1 doll due to 2-step summoning (step 1: place seed; step 2: use spell on it) is too long for Sadida to move afterwards and do other actions.
- Placing seed is often better then summoning doll (because attacked seed turn into doll, while attacked doll may die). I doubt we are meant to play with seeds.
- The spells that are used to activate the seeds does not refund their full cost, wich leads to conclusion that its best to activate seeds with spells that have area effects only.
- For each doll you need to have Control and WP to summon. This means that bonus Control alone (from aptitude points or from equipement) won't improve anything for Sadida.
- In order to prevent random bugs in dolls AI (such as doll doing nothing for 30 seconds, or just walking and ending up doing nothing) Sadida need to control its dolls, but it can only do that with targetable spell - Vaporize.
- Controling each doll with Vaporize make Sadida waste 1AP per every doll that it want to control, every turn. This means that (for example) with 6 Dolls we would need to waste 6AP for nothing else then prevention of AI bug, wich make summoning dolls in the first place pointless as we are loosing the ability to use our own spells effectively.
- Controling with the use of Vaporize makes us waste precious spell exp on this spell, even though our build might not include Vaporize for damage dealing.
- Controling with Vaporize is limited in range and LoS, while usually the doll that need to be controled by us is the one far away (example: nettled Inflatable doll walked to border tile in Wa castle, and we need to move it out from it (else we get -2MP to whole team every turn), or better yet prevent it from moving there).
- Due to many mechanics in game, the cell on wich the doll will end its movement is important. Such detail can't be left to be decided by AI if it means the difference between life and death (few examples: KO zone in Blackspore dungeon, cells that heal enemies in Lunar dungeon, or previously mentioned -2MP cells in Wa castle).
- Sadida spells have awkward range, in average making it 2-4. Some spells are shorter in range with K'mir range 1 only and Poisoned Wind range 1-3 only, while the highest range is Bramble (2-5 range). This makes Sadida very vulnerable to -Range effects. Loosing 2 or 3 Range usually is as good as making Sadida completly blind.
- In order for Sadida to play with dolls, it need to be close to them to heal them (example: with Drain) or buff them (with Rust, wich require Sadida to be often diagonally to enemy to fully benefit from it). However being close to dolls means Sadida is easily destroyed by aoe spells.
- Due to summoning los and range limitations, as well as awkward range of Sadida spells - the Sadida need to run around a lot for the sake to target properly, wich can be a hindrance or often impossible.
- Lone Sadida (5th) passive is propably the worst passive for damage boosting ever designed, as even though it may work with dolls, we cannot keep dolls alive without healing them up with drain, wich is limited to 2-4 range, and it makes it hard to use it without loosing dmg%. Not to mention that allies are not working around Sadida to keep its dolls away from Sadi and without controling dolls you can't tell where for example your healing doll will end (and with 1-3 range of its healing spell it usually is always too close to you (or too far to heal you, wich is also bad)).
- K'mir spell has only 1 range, making it difficult to be cast on doll at distance and to actually get benefit from this doll's dragging away movement, usually making Gust a better (and faster) option.
- It walks away. That alone is huge pain to even use it by team. It often require Panda or sacrier to help Sadida to keep voodoll in place (or to simply keep it from entering border tiles). This shouldn't be the case.
- When we use Voodoll it loose HP instead of redirecting it (should redirect spells in the same way Trank's Sylvan Symbiosis does, without hurting initial target - in Sadida case: without hurting voodoll).
- It has only part of target's HP. This means that 1 voodoll is not enough to KO single enemy (wich is bad). The HP of enemies also vary a lot, making it hard to balance. Would be better if Voodoll had % of Sadida max HP (like other dolls). This again, might not have been an issue if the Voodoll would not loose HP when we use it to redirect damage.
- Because of the above the current voodoll is more enemy-friendly then ally-friendly (and that should'nt be the case).
- It may also bug out for 30 seconds doing nothing (as it has its own turn) and Sadida can't even control it with Vaporize to prevent that.
- Spells that doesn't hurt allies (such as Wily of Sram, or water spells of Masqueraider) are not redirecting damage to enemy linked.
- Area of effect spells are halved in effect when used on Voodoll, even if the target linked is not in the zone of the spell (wich means, for example that Sram doesn't want to use Forceful Blow on Voodoll only, and will still need to aim for real enemy to not get halved damage - and that makes voodoll often pointless to use).
Cost of spells
- Cost of Sadida actions are too high for Sadida to make good use of them in one turn (for example: summoning Voodoll and using Sadida's Tear twice is not possible even with 12AP build (require 13AP due to voodoll costing 3AP)).
- Shielding is not cost-efficient as its not triggered with damage and usually Sadida need to spend all of AP to shield single target.
- Changing the spell that Ultrapowerful doll will use does not refund the cost to Sadida, wich leads to cost-heavy dolls and wasted AP.
- Damage values of Sadida spells are very low for unknown reason. If its because of the summons, then explain to me how come Boohowl (osamodas spell) deal way higher damage then Rust (sadida spell), when both of them do the same (+summon dmg%)? Things are even more dissaponiting when you realise Sadida can target max 5 dolls with Rust (and most likely the doll in the middle won't even attack so its more like 4), while Boohowl can target both of Osamodas summons (read: all of Osa summons).
- Damage and heal values of Sadida specilities are way way under the average line. They feel like being halved to what they should be (especially Explodoll and heal from Tree per MP used).
- The amount of poison applied with the use of Poisoned Wind is acceptable at lvl 200 (require 8AP for maxed state) and therefore can be used at lvl 200 with K'mir for full effect. However below 200lvl this is not possible (can't have 14AP build as there is cap at 12).
- The values of poisons are very low, and often its better to just kill enemy, instead of letting it attack allies.
- Pandora (sidekick) hit harder with Dimensional Dumb then Sadida with Sadida's Tear...
- Its often better for Sadida to attack with weapon as it have higher values then Sadida spells (awkward).
- Doll Link values are so low, its not worth maxing. Ever. Not to mention it shorter life of voodoll. Not to mention it give NOTHING at first level (and every 2nd level after that).
- Sadida lack of it. The poisons are designed to work togather with other poisons of Sadida, however there'es not enough AP to apply all of them alone. Therefore Sadida use dolls for that. But here's the problem: doll's doesn't survive long enough, and are often not controled by Sadida (lack of AP for it, or los issues). It is possible to make army of poison dealing dolls, but it takes so much time that its often better to not toy with enemy and just kill it with burst dmg.
- Changing one doll to another is time consuming, and again limited within certain range for unknown reason.
- Removing doll takes too much time because it is 2-step mechanic (step 1: turn doll to seed; step 2: remove seed) making it impossible to remove multiple dolls in same turn, then move to target and attack it within 30 seconds. Go try it out, its worse (longer) then what Drip (Feca spell) animation had. Not to mention turning doll to seed is pointless or at least could be avoided if we could simply remove the doll instantly and place new doll in its place (would be more flexible overall).
- You can turn existing doll to seed even without los, but you can't place seed without los in the first place.
- Aside of qustionable Poisoned Wind + K'mir combo, the spells lack of synergy.
- Madoll and Lethargic increase hyper states too much, making them not reliable as they could be replaced by dmg dealing dolls (i.e: the Greedy doll). Sadida doesn't have a good way to reduce Hypermovement and it has no way to reduce Hyperaction...
- Voodoll was supposed to help Sadida to be more flexible and reach far away targets, but right now its very limited in summoning it and not effective to use it outside of (chosen few) boss fights.
- Lone Sadida passive is anti-flexiblity.
- Let's face it, if Sadida doesn't have Inflatable dolls focusing on healing Sadida (and sadida only - wich is often not the case in group fights) and if Sadida doesn't shield self with all AP it have - then Sadida have no real survivalability, aside of questionable blocker dolls who were supposed to stop enemy from reaching Sadida (but its often ignored if enemy jump, teleport, etc. Not to mention it have very poor lock (+1 lock per level? Thats so low increase...)). This means that Sadida may try to not die, but its just stalling for time and that alone not gonna win the fight. Not to mention the values of shields are very low, and Sadida can't prepare them in advance for next turn...
- We lost the Link between our dolls and Sadida (Doll Link) in exchange for useless and not practical link with voodoll (now this is not even logical as voodoll is not linked to us, but to target of our choice). The redirection of dmg from Sadida to dolls (to reduce damage taken by Sadida in exchange for making dolls suffer) was great design and would help current Sadida. I think this is the main thing that current Sadida is lacking of.
- In group pvp there's no place for selfshield spam as if you do no damage, enemies can just focus on you and kill you despite your shield.
- In group pvp trying to keep enemy away with the help of doll is non existant, so you can't really count for that in terms of survival. It may be possible in 1 vs 1 pvp, but then again only in huge maps and only if enemy doesnt have high range or high mobility (oh wait there's no such class, except iop, who will get revamped to have no problems reaching Sadida... oh yeah and sadida also is exception). Right now anyone have the same or better range then Sadida, so tactic to keep enemy away is outdated and may work only at low levels where players have 3 or 4MP max.
- Current meta game asks for positioners or burst damages. Sadida is not burst damager and has very limited (in range, in use per turn, costly with dolls memorizing air element) positioning abilitites (gust, k'mir, the doll with one of these 2 remembered, blocker doll's pulling spell).
- Right now Sadida is "fine" as the healer, but only if it use Drain spell on seed next to ally, AND only if the summoned doll this way will actually heal (if no ai bug happen). Heal resist is nightmare for Sadida, and shields are low in values. Its still better to just have better position and kill enemies fast.
- A lot of mechanics work against the use of dolls.
- Sadida used to be off-healer, not main healer. That being said i wish water branch will be the DD branch of Sadida when it get revamp, with just heal as posibility in 1 or 2 spells.
TL;DR:Sadida is outdated.
This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - January 30, 2015, 18:42:36.