Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Kikuihimonji's profile
Statistics
5277 Posts (3.07 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté Today - 13:51:20 | #1
Whip UP to death within 3 turns and you won.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #942030  Replies : 6  Views : 222
posté Today - 13:44:35 | #2
I dislike the idea of dolls having duration of existance. Thats like having dolls with charges like bombs wich runs out. The concept is to make dolls out there somewhere, ready to get nettled. With several doll summoned it would be hard to remember wich doll will vanish - and question when it will vanish, at start of my turn or on the end of my turn? Not only dolls would die fast from attacks but they will also disappear anyway even if i try to protect them? Thats horrible idea. Say a sacrier planned to swap with a doll that was somewhere out there but the doll disappeared suddenly making sacrier in need to quickly rethink his planned action. Or sadi itself planned something but some dolls got killed, other vanished by itself and sadida need to spend own AP again to resummon them... You know it would lead to sadida gameplay when sadida does ONLY the summoning and nothing else with own spells? That is bad. Really bad.

Seriously i dont feel like being the bad sadida who cant even sew his own dolls properly so that they won't run out of sand (or whatever is inside their bodies).

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - February 06, 2016, 13:46:53.
Thread : General  Preview message : #942029  Replies : 195  Views : 7458
posté Today - 13:24:04 | #3
Depends on the stats they give

Just why the voting page is in french....

Thread : News  Preview message : #942026  Replies : 28  Views : 905
posté Today - 13:15:17 | #4

Quote (Scab @ 06 February 2016 12:18) *

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 06 February 2016 11:57) *

Yes we are good in 1 vs 1 pvp, but thats about it. And not even vs everybody as there exist classes with builds that can beat up sadida (rogue, xelor, osamodas, pandawa - they can do it). Since 1 vs 1 pvp is not important to Ankama, it as well means sadida is not important.
what? u sure?)
For rogue, xelor and osa i am 100% sure of it. Its possible for them to win vs sadi, though not on every map (depends on map size and placement of obstacles but most of the time sadida has less chance to win). The only moment sadida can win is when it manage to cover his UP for 5 turns while not getting ko'ed itself. Osamodas can easily remove UP (Whip) if he knows what to do and if there is no place where up can run away from osa's swaping + with his summon. Sadida also will need to try to move osa away from his summon to prevent those swaping, hence it depends what summon osa make too, and how he changes them, as some can push (lapse) while other might be locked by blocker dolls (cullers, though currels is pretty deadly when it gets to UP or to sadi).
Xelor need to reap sadida's AP so that it will be unable to neither buff nor shield the summoned UP, and on next turn it should remove AP from UP to prevent it from summoning more dolls - all that while doing dmg (if sadida has the rock passive then it will loose this fight due to lack of healing power). If sadida try to armor UP, then xelor dmg sadi, and if sadi protect self, then UP is target. Hydrants + temporal dust can also give problems to sadi who might try to shield up with own body. Not to mention on those first turns sadida resist is lacking and might loose quite a lot of hp. The only moment when sadida might win vs xelor is when xelor doesnt have aoe in deck or when map is big enough for sadida to hide UP, but then dolls might have problems trying to reach to kiting xelor, so sadida need to play defensively and struggle a lot. In group pvp sadida would be a goner fast if enemy has xelor.
Rogue need some good placement of bombs and should try to keep sadida within range of own (earth) spells. If sadida can run away from rogue's range of attacks for 1-2 turns then sadida will be likely the winner, but if rogue is not a coward then he will beat up sadida. Trying to run away from sadida dolls is rogue's mistake. The defensive sadidas (pvp ones) lack of range, while rogues (all of them) got plenty of range.
As for pandawa i cant confirm this but i heard other panda players claiming they can win any sadi build with their own poison, and i think its quite possible. Heck with huge map even Cra can beat sadi, if the map doesnt have many obstacles for sadida to hide behind - how? Simply put when dolls are send to reach cra (greedies, blocker dolls), then cra use beacon sneaking and these dolls cannot reach cra. Build up the riddle and then get clear shot for destructive arrow. If sadida armor self - aim for UP, forcing it to protect up instead and thus leaving self open. The cra however need to be build for glass cannon to do this job fast.
The conclusion is that sadida is not op, unless certain situation appear in wich sadida can build up heavy amount of fully nettled dolls. Most classes can't counter sadida tactic, but there exist some who can.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - February 06, 2016, 13:18:45.
Thread : General  Preview message : #942023  Replies : 195  Views : 7458
posté Today - 11:57:32 | #5
Playing without dolls to make combat faster and then use dolls only "occasionally" does not work well because your "occasional" dolls will be weaker or not as helpful as they should be without certain passives. Not to mention you'd most likely want this occasional doll to be controled so its ai wont derp and not do anything for 30 second or move to wrong place, or get locked while trying to do whats you didnt expect it to do. Thats another passive required. One does not simply build a deck wich is based on lone sadida but has doll passives in it instead of other (for example hamrless toxin, medicine, wich would make sadida an bearable healer, though still not as great as eni).

Also dolls wich are not fully nettled feels very VERY weak, especially inflatable. When you want to make doll to effectively heal then you must nettle it to max as soon as possible, for that you need to be hurt several times with green guard passive (while keeping those dolls alive) or waste whole turn of AP to spam vaporize on single inflatable, wich in the end does not bring as much to the team in that turn as other classes would.

Before deck system and with previous design of doll summoning, i could agree that sadida was "viable in team" as it could indeed summon dolls only "in need". Right now it doesn't feel this is the case.

I also agree with dolls costing some (2) AP from sadida instead of being completly free after 4ap investment. But i disagree with limiting us to 3 dolls, as having huge amount of dolls is what sadida was always known about. This is Sadida's nitche to swarm enemy with dolls. Thing is it takes to long right now to maintain dolls, its not convenient to summon dolls, and deck system limit us to either doll-less or full-doll builds. Its like 2 separate classes in 1 and it doesnt feel good. Its like old osa style (dragon or not dragon, deal with it).

Funny is that osas got now viable options to switch in the same combat between dragon and non dragon effectively. So now osa is the versatile one and sadida is the limited one. It was the opposite before... I cry over current sadida state.

Yes we are good in 1 vs 1 pvp, but thats about it. And not even vs everybody as there exist classes with builds that can beat up sadida (rogue, xelor, osamodas, pandawa - they can do it). Since 1 vs 1 pvp is not important to Ankama, it as well means sadida is not important.

Thread : General  Preview message : #942016  Replies : 195  Views : 7458
posté February 04, 2016, 23:15:16 | #6
1.5-2m is quite a lot in phaeris server tbh.
By looking at prices in remington and the amount of people there even if each of them only do the quests for chests only on first 5 characters, thats still a lot of kamas out of tin air that was added to the server.

And how many people ever buys haven bag gems when they can be easily farmed the way you said? I dont know anyone who would buy one, nor anyone who sells.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941764  Replies : 32  Views : 1136
posté February 04, 2016, 21:28:23 | #7
If i recall well their excuse was that they cannot do it due to some server limitations.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #941751  Replies : 8  Views : 259
posté February 04, 2016, 21:14:25 | #8

Quote (Hearttyace @ 04 February 2016 01:38) *

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 03 February 2016 23:43) *

Quote (ZweiFates @ 03 February 2016 19:38) *

Quote (lyricalglitchen @ 03 February 2016 19:28) *
The chests should of given items rather than kama. Between the chests and kama drops, it was the nail in the coffin. I think kama minting is fine to keep but the recipes / system needs revising.
But item do become useless quite fast, kama mint is useless with today's rates.

Ankama has already removed some cool things from wakfu (*cough*Arenas*cough*) because "they were wasting data that wasn't necessary. Now if minting is pointless they should have remove it and kill another thing that was fun and made wakfu special.
Minting fun?! That's just straight delusional. None of the crafts are even "Special". Any game could literally, say upon obtaining X, you are given O as a reward. You don't even have to use any particular skills or even bring your brain to the activity. You just have to go to X place get materials, and come back. Tell me how that's special.

There wasn't even gratification in completing it, It was just exhausting. Kama minting needed to go. It was closer to a job than an activity. But more importantly I'm playing a game.
The "fun" i talk about is when you try to outsmart someone by messing up nodes order while in the dark caves when he doesn't notice this and when spawn is quite spread to perform this. Then that person is confused and either wait for "another round to spawn" or figures out that someone was there and runs about back and forth trying to figure out wich ore will spawn next - this often make people give up ore-hunting and you can "take the spot" without any fight. Another fun is when you can actually pvp eachother to fight for the spot. Another fun is when you simply have a race between 2 people trying to catch as many ores as possible and "to be first who gets the most of ores (example you avoid 1 ore to take 2 that are next to eachother or you pretend you took something and run further and then run back to grab what wasn't taken as didnt spawned yet and your opponent was tricked by your movement). Bringing psychological tricks by predicting how people react) to fool other players sure is fun and sure require "some" thinking.

And lets not forget the great feeling after gathering tons of ores and leaving your character afk at kama minting machine to return and make evil laughter on how much money you have earned this way. That feeling was good. I don't know about your experience by competition with other people (even something trivial like who will be able to mine next level ores first you or your friend/guildmate/random opponent in mines) for me is fun. And those wakfu days were one of the best ones. It was only boring when i was alone, with all guildmates asleep so that i had nobody to talk to even. Then yea it felt boring, but simple solution was to not hunt ores if you have nobody to talk to and you find no competition for a longer while. Then again not having anyone interupting you can motivate you to get as much ores undisturbed as you can before someone arrive, wich can give you a thrill too (you want to be back at start of the ore spawn cycle before someone arrive there!).

Seriously its far more entertaining then you can imagine. And i'd rather do that then constantly create and delete alts over and over with the same char leeching them to 100, then going all over every map repeatadly just to grab every chest.

And the thing is that new players can mine ores too, but they can't "leech themself" as first they need to level up to high lvl to even start thinking of making alts for chests. Thats why high level players got huge adventage over new comers if it comes to economy. Thats why new players cant afford to buy stuff that veterans had put in market for (for them) ridiculous prices.

Minting kama is good in that it makes everybody equal: new or old player, doesn't matter. Everybody can get ores, if not from one place then from another, if not in that hour, then on another. And if people didn't felt like minting much ores, then there would be less kamas in servers, wich with good kama sink would make prices and worth of kama stabilized.

I mean, c'mon their original idea to make the money in game made only by player's own hands and effort dedicated just for making money was briliant. People could even focus on kama minting to buy equipement before they level up to use it - instead of getting equipement from drops after they are higher level then the gear due to low drop rates and too much exp gained while trying to get it.

Its sad that all you gotta do now in game is fight monsters. You want exp - you fight monsters. You want money - guess what - you fight monsters. And THATS boring. Especially if you have to kill the same monsters over and over in meta of the game. And mind you not every class and not every build can kill monsters equally fast, but every player can mine ores with equal speed (except lag situations obviously).

EDIT: I forgot to mention the fun part when you meet people who also try to get ores and you start negotiating, creating new relationship even become friends if you leave the spot and let him mine in peace. Its supposed to be social game (known as mmo) and power-leveling alts to farm kamas from chests is avoiding social interactions as you do it all by yourself - you want to do it fast in sequence so you dont even invite others to party to not slow down your progression. Thats sad.

EDIT2:
Even back in the days when kama minting was the only source of kama income, there was a choice to get kamas without minting - by selling drops. I remember i had an arguement about whats more effective to get money back then: minting or selling drops. It turned out in average they were equally effective, with the difference that kamas was guaranteed from minting while drop wasn't but trying to get drop was giving players the exp and was "more fun activity to do when you done it in group with other people". Right now its a no brainer decision to go for drops and not the kama minting - that was obvious right when they added kama as reward from every combat in pve. Chests with kamas inside was like nail in the coffin. And there we have our current situation.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - February 04, 2016, 21:26:25.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941747  Replies : 32  Views : 1136
posté February 04, 2016, 10:42:08 | #9
People who abuse this "feature" of farming chests with alts leeched to 100-120lvl within 1 day will always be against the idea i suggested. But like DanielTheBrawe has noticed it would help in longer run. Yes market would shake at first but there's no way to solve this without some consequences.

@nsiccaa if people get even more kamas per fight/chests it will only increase the difference in kama between hardcore alt-farming spammers and new casual players who won't keep it up with them. In fact the difference will be even more drastical! Giving more kamas to players might only change the cost of items by additional "0" at the end of their current prices. This leads to nowhere. The best Ankama can do is limit how much kamas people can gain daily and make people put some effort in it, even fight for ore nods. This is to slowly start fixing prices, not to get rid of bots. For bots they need the mute (chat ban) system.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - February 04, 2016, 10:43:14.
Thread : News  Preview message : #941687  Replies : 19  Views : 533
posté February 04, 2016, 10:29:22 | #10

Quote (Infirc @ 04 February 2016 03:07) *
it's easy you just add a "weight" to Control, in Pve control stays the same, in pvp it'd take 2 control points to achieve what 1 control point does in Pve, that way you have a balance without nerfing a class that honestly needs a lot of help to actually function.
That cannot happen because people with 2 control would have as many dolls as people with 3, making 1 control gained useless. The best they can do is reduce amount of control people can achieve. However just like WP used to be limited to 6 and its now 10, they increased the amount of possible control to 10 too. Thus in their mind it should be possible to benefit from all 10 of them. I mean, since they did that then they find it "OK" for players to have 10 summons.

If you however, want to avoid "doll spam" then you have to make dolls cost AP again (aka make sadida summon them itself) and perhaps add some mechanic that limit the amount of dolls that people can make in 1 turn.

They also need to make dolls "expendable" as in: something that sadida doesn't need to summon in bigger numbers to achieve some rewards. Sadida should not suffer loss of anything from losing dolls, aside from initial cost to make them that is. And in same time sadida shouldn't suffer stat loss when it summon dolls.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - February 04, 2016, 10:48:00.
Thread : General  Preview message : #941684  Replies : 195  Views : 7458
posté February 04, 2016, 00:29:52 | #11
I said it elsewhere but maybe here you will notice it:

Remove kamas from chests (wich can be found in game after people get Artifacts). Replace those kamas with runes instead or emotes or food or other items but dont give players free kamas from chests. Period.

Also remove kama gain from every fight. If people want money then they should work hard to get them either by minting kamas or by selling what they got. The inflation you talking about is also because many players found out that the fastest way to earn kamas is by creating alts and power-level them to ~100-120 level and then opening chests with free kamas. THIS is where are the roots of the problem. The problem was non existant back in the days when kamas were only player-made from ores (minting).

You want to stop prices from being unfriendly to new players? Then stop giving huge kama income for players from those chests. Especially because those chests are always in the same spots. Seriously.

When you do that you will eventually notice stabilization of prices. People can easily value kama per time spent to mint them, and then value their time to get drops and sell them properly. Well thats how it USED TO BE before you added free kama from fight and free kama from chests. You basically overfed your children (i.e players) and now you cry that they are fat.

EDIT:
As for kama sellers - do NOT remove them as they will only realize that they were noticed by players (and thus reported) and that will only encourage them to create new kama selling character again and again. If you dont have hired people to sit in game 24/7 then by all means leave those chat-spam botters there BUT mute them so that nobody can read what they are saying. If possible make it so that they see their own chat but nobody else does. This would be far more effective way to stop them from annoying players and from selling anything. They would only appear as characters that doesn't do anything to anyone.
Alternatively limit chat (aside from whisper) to be available only to players level 10+. This does not take long to level but it would for sure give problems to those botters.
Another action that you may take is change the location of zaap and the spawn spot for players who use teleport to alamanax temple to be INSIDE the building, where nobody else can be as its individual for every players - that would not only stop people from noticing any botters outside but it will also stop the lag at alamanx temple and maybe even change the gatheting place to be elsewhere.

Peace out~

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - February 04, 2016, 00:40:29.
Thread : News  Preview message : #941622  Replies : 19  Views : 533
posté February 03, 2016, 23:43:19 | #12

Quote (ZweiFates @ 03 February 2016 19:38) *

Quote (lyricalglitchen @ 03 February 2016 19:28) *
The chests should of given items rather than kama. Between the chests and kama drops, it was the nail in the coffin. I think kama minting is fine to keep but the recipes / system needs revising.
But item do become useless quite fast, kama mint is useless with today's rates.
Chests could have contain runes of proper level when we can access them. This way people with high lvl won't spam alts to get those chests as they will be meaningless for meta of the game (and high lvls might just get lower level equipement faster) but it would still give the incentive for people of desired level to get them when they finish the questlines and get the artifacts, though it wont be a must to do on every char and some people could skip getting chests if they could deal with not getting some free runes.

That and emotes. Who didn't liked to find secret rooms with emotes as reward? Obviously emotes should be account-shared but thats another story.

Basically chests with kamas was bad idea. Even worse then kama from every monster as drop.

Ankama has already removed some cool things from wakfu (*cough*Arenas*cough*) because "they were wasting data that wasn't necessary. Now if minting is pointless they should have remove it and kill another thing that was fun and made wakfu special.

No. What they need to do is to stop this alt-farm-for-chests madness as soon as possible! Replace what chests has inside them (kamas) with runes - i know its not much because some people already got tons of kamas this way, but the sooner they do it the better. This is almost as bad as duped items that people were selling. If Ankama doesn't realise that then i don't know what to say. The difference is that Ankama doesn't need to punish players, nor delete anything and they dont need to track anything. All they need to do is change the rewards in few chests. It can be easily done within 1 work day, just make this decision already!

p.s. And bring back Arenas - those were fun ways to waste time in game.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - February 03, 2016, 23:45:39.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941614  Replies : 32  Views : 1136
posté February 02, 2016, 20:26:31 | #13
Its actually easier to solo it, just run to top right corner asap like some people suggested. Those tentacles have limited range of attack too. Its doable on any class, even without heal.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941461  Replies : 23  Views : 1890
posté February 02, 2016, 20:21:22 | #14
My advice: dont give such rights. If someone want to take something from chest, then you take it for him. If he really want it, then he will wait for you to pick it for him. Or give him rights for few seconds so he cant take much. Such rights should be given only to close friends or very old guild membrs who helped the guild grow - then even if they take all its as if they deserved it anyway as they invested in the guild before.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941458  Replies : 15  Views : 674
posté February 02, 2016, 13:12:12 | #15
2 masq - they are great DD's esp if there are 2 of them (dat collision and positioning) and you can make one of them as healer in case you wont want osa to use healing summon.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941392  Replies : 5  Views : 343
posté February 02, 2016, 13:08:28 | #16
Just remove the passives that negate eachother. If you give range to sacrier with a passive then by all means dont give another passive that remove that range. Thats just stupid.

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #941391  Replies : 23  Views : 435
posté February 02, 2016, 13:06:12 | #17

Quote (Tiefoone @ 01 February 2016 21:35) *

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 01 February 2016 16:58) *
I say no to power-creep making equipement. And moon island equipement basically aim for it. Mind you: more dmg = less tactic needed. A good example is how people prefer 1 turning Tropikoko boss to avoid playing with his mechanics. Burst dmg him or fail? Thats saddening what they are doing to this suppose-to-be tactical mmo...

In real-time action mmos high dmg is required because bosses have limited options and usually tons of hp that would make people fighting him for several hours while doing exactly the same actions: tank cast spell to take boss aggro on self and runs around in circles, healers heal him, mages, archers and other swordsmans spaming their spells brainlessly.

If wakfu want to shine as tactical mmo then they should give us less power from gear. And sorry but its stupid when higher level equipement nerf your resistance. I don't get it. People should feel progress to what they were using, not a reverse of stats with new gear.
It's hard to strike a balance between a fight being tactical and not being excessively time consuming or marginalizing some classes. Koko can be cleared quickly with a rather simple strategy and I can't think of any class that can't contribute there. However Kannibal Dungeon's Mechanics are so convoluted that every run takes upwards of an hour and there are some classes that would really struggle to be helpful at all in P1. I can't see an Iop or Sacrier (unless the latter is a ranged build) being much use during P1 as they would struggle to move totems. The same applies to Xel Present Normal where CC classes can barely do anything during the last phase (perhaps a reason no one ever runs it and just does HC instead).

I'm not terribly peeved about Kannibal as I play the game a lot so can dedicate the time needed to running it, and I feel my class does okay there. But if I did not have as much time or if I played a class that struggled there I wouldn't feel the same way. I rather like the balance of Kannibal being more strategic and time consuming while Koko is quicker and easier. If both dungeons took over an hour and left some classes out it would make endgame very unnatractive territory for some.

The split resist on gear was introduced to curb everyone from being obscenely tanky. Before Deck I saw Iops with resist in the mid to high 80s after buffing and even a Masq with nearly 80% resist on the beta server. The combination of the removal of resistance from the strength stat and split resist gear forces you to choose between tankier gear or gear with higher damage. Currently there isn't a great selection in the tankier department but I'd suspect there will be in the second half of moon.

Keeping resist at a more realistic level prevents the dying remnants of the PvP system being a tank-off all the time. Additionally I find it Ironic that you promote more tactical fights but have no problem with everyone having really high resists. If everyone can take a large amount of abuse, the only way to force compliance to dungeon mechanics is hamfisted methods like death tiles or huge amounts of fixed damage. At the same time, I suspect the developers have in mind what the average resistance of players will be and balance mobs accordingly, if resistance figures were higher Mob damage figures would just have to be higher to compensate.
Actually what i tried to say is that they give people too much dmg% and thus it force other people to build very VERY tanky in order to stand a chance if they happen to not be first to start the combat, as otherwise the highest initiative would determine the winner. Its because of very high dmg that players can receive why people chose to get 80%+ resist. Say if someone reach 2000% dmg on a spell with base 150, then he is basically capable of doing 3150 hp loss on those with 0% resist, and thats just 1 spell, so make it two and you have 6300 hp loss per turn. With 50% reisist people would take 3150 hp loss, now tell me how much hp people have? 75% resist would make it 1575 hp loss and thats without taking into account final dmg modifiers, backstabs or extra buffs from Feca. Thats a quite big chunk of HP lost i must say. And lets not forger resist debuffs existance. People aim for 80+ resist in order to not die within 3-5 turns, or in case of group pvp to actually manage to get their turn to start before someone gank them (with xelors teleport taking you away for example).

Ankama made us a power creeps with this new gear and new stat distributions (close combat, ranged, etc). Imo it would be just right to make the gear keep having high resist (even if 3 elemental res) when they keep giving us more and more power. Otherwise we will end up with the same problem we had year ago when highest ini = win, aka no tactic involved as you know you win or lose at the very beggining.

If Ankama's goal is to care about group pvp (and not 1 vs 1), then they should give us more hp and more resist in fact. You see, if a player with 10k hp would have 90% resist then enemy player with 2000% dmg would hurt him for about 630 hp loss (with base 300, i know some can deal more then 400) in turn. If that resistant person is last to play in a 6 vs 6 pvp, then he have a chance that he will be alive by the start of his turn. Nobody want to die in group pvp without doing anything. And the tools Ankama gave to players (Xelor, Panda, Sacrier, Osamodas and their positioning tools) combined with the power Ankama provided to us would make this failure scenario very likely to happen.

So what if 1 vs 1 pvp will take hours if ankama doesnt care about 1 vs 1 anyway? Or do they actually care for 1 vs 1 pvp more then group pvp? Something's not right. And i blame high dmg glass cannon builds for the OP monsters that Moon island gave us - they were made OP to give the OP players a challange of sort. But it seems players know how to exploit the dmg boost that Ankama gave to them. Feca+Rogue is best example as they can 1 turn KO vertox hc.

Long combat - do i want that? Heck yes, but i do expect drop rate to be higher in same time too. Long tactical fight with ALL people co-operating to beat up monsters (not just feca+rogue or fogger clearing all) with reward for their effort - that would be fantastic. If i want fast-paced action then i dont play tactical game but RTS or some real time action mmo. Wakfu is simply not well made with the low drop rates and aiming to make us kill monsters before those monsters get a chance to use their AI and their mechanics. Seriously whats the point of designing complicated mechanics if people will just burst everything without giving a chance for those mechanics to trigger? Thats a wasted time for designers i must say.

They will have to either give players less power or give people more resist to compensate for the higher power provided. But since i doubt they would revamp existing equipement now (people would rage) then the only logical solution is to give us new gear with higher resists. And please dont tell me about fight vs tank resistances and their armors, i know it takes a lot of time and trouble but this just shows how badly designed spells are. Since they added armors to the game then they should make sure that every class has a way to bypass them or remove them (poisons, armor decreasing spells, armor preventing spell maybe even, etc), just like every class need collision spells and maybe even positioning spells for the sake of game mechanics. Its annoying that some classes are "a must have" in certain dungeons while others are not capable of helping much. I mean, you do want a Feca for kannibal dungeon, and no other tanking class could even replace a feca there. And if your class have no positioning move there and lack of range, then its basically useless, or not as helpful as other, and heck if its not resistant then it die easily from boss hits. Ankama made a game where you need to beat up boss ASAP, with just 1 class in team capable of surviving boss hits.

And i dont know about you but clearing whole dungeon and then having hard time at boss with no drop in the end is dishearthening. Its less of a problem if you got the power creep team and can clear it within minutes, but mind you not all classes can do that.

And heck they mentioned they will rebalance classes, so they do see a problem there too.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941390  Replies : 169  Views : 5606
posté February 01, 2016, 16:58:47 | #18
I say no to power-creep making equipement. And moon island equipement basically aim for it. Mind you: more dmg = less tactic needed. A good example is how people prefer 1 turning Tropikoko boss to avoid playing with his mechanics. Burst dmg him or fail? Thats saddening what they are doing to this suppose-to-be tactical mmo...

In real-time action mmos high dmg is required because bosses have limited options and usually tons of hp that would make people fighting him for several hours while doing exactly the same actions: tank cast spell to take boss aggro on self and runs around in circles, healers heal him, mages, archers and other swordsmans spaming their spells brainlessly.

If wakfu want to shine as tactical mmo then they should give us less power from gear. And sorry but its stupid when higher level equipement nerf your resistance. I don't get it. People should feel progress to what they were using, not a reverse of stats with new gear.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941232  Replies : 169  Views : 5606
posté January 31, 2016, 19:30:05 | #19
Feca
And then fill in the slot with any DD you might like. In case you don't feel like your own heals are enough, get masqueraider.

Thread : General  Preview message : #941124  Replies : 1  Views : 115
posté January 30, 2016, 23:36:12 | #20

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 30 January 2016 18:51) *
That would be horrible, Kiku. So much kama deflation...
Ikr thats why i dont see this happening.
I still wish for a fresh new server where kamas are only from minting, and to attract people to play on it, to have increased drop rate (but reduced exp to counter it). Man i would gladly start playing from scratch in such server...

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - January 30, 2016, 23:41:32.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941028  Replies : 32  Views : 1136