Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Any Roleplaying still going on?
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté March 07, 2014, 02:42:03 | #1
Any Roleplaying still going on? Hi! I'm FlamingList and I've been wondering if the Roleplaying on here and in-game is still alive and not dead (By dead, I mean not active). Uh... Please message back if it still is because I wanna join in on the fun!

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-09-09
posté March 07, 2014, 05:44:21 | #2
Hey!

I seem to be fielding a few of these, lately.

The short answer is "no". However, don't lose hope just yet!

The two currently "active" RP's are 'Knowledge is Power' and 'The Grand Tour'.
KiP is a bit dead at the moment and The Grand Tour is not currently accepting new members (it's running very slow too).

However, TeaCupKnight may be starting something and I was even giving making an RP some consideration. I know a few people that would be interested if a new RP was to start, so stick around a bit, or even submit a story. There should be something happeneing pretty soon.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-04-26
posté March 07, 2014, 08:56:36 | #3
If anything new starts up, I'll be happy to join in too.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté March 08, 2014, 10:43:17 | #4
Sweet! Thanks!

posté March 08, 2014, 11:34:25 | #5
Any roleplays I've been parting or starting in the past have in time failed. Alternatively also do finally start to look out for a certain one that will hold in time. As for a story's submission that could serve as a plot, that's not a big problem.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2014-01-04
posté March 08, 2014, 17:44:57 | #6
We're currently kinda discussing the potential of a new rp in the ooc thread, though that means we've got one idea suggested XD

If people would be interested in a new rp then it's probably worth getting it running.

I am however not so great at running these things, but I could give it a try if we want? Or i'd be happy to collaborate to run one.

posté March 08, 2014, 18:25:31 | #7
That sounds pretty fitting then. We could get a new one running. And as well as the idea is good and the roleplay detailed then I am interested.

About your concern wondering if you could maintain it well, let's give it a try. It's not a hard task once you have the right people, and some fair rules. If the issue is about something else, you can also always ask from some advice from someone else too.

posté March 09, 2014, 04:47:50 | #8

Quote (TeaCupKnight @ 08 March 2014 17:44) *
We're currently kinda discussing the potential of a new rp in the ooc thread, though that means we've got one idea suggested XD

If people would be interested in a new rp then it's probably worth getting it running.

I am however not so great at running these things, but I could give it a try if we want? Or i'd be happy to collaborate to run one.

If you'd like a hand, I'd be happy to help out.  

posté March 09, 2014, 12:14:06 | #9
Of course. You can also ask for my help as well.

I don't think there is someone who won't share advices or make a helpful decision if you go ahead and share about what could be troubling you.

This post has been edited by LittleSmartTofu - March 09, 2014, 12:17:31.
Reason for edit : Typo~
posté March 11, 2014, 13:50:35 | #10
Well it might be worth trying to think about an idea for a roleplay then.

Also its less of me not knowing how and just me not being a huge fan of running them, I don't quite have the time or energy to coral and run a group of people =P
Plotting I can do. but I'm not really into running and organising stuff.

posté March 13, 2014, 14:16:14 | #11
Do you mean you want a moderator for your RP or something?

posté March 15, 2014, 11:17:33 | #12
Well truth is I alsotend to have periods when being completely occupied, but I believe I could help up in running this roleplay. Even as a mod if someone else cannot, or does not wan't todoit. I can see people having the intention to give this a try.

About a couple of months ago I've made this story entry in another thread which slipped unnoticed. It's called "Nox's Return." If the theme does sound interesting to you, go ahead and check that thread. There I've posted a detailed starter about it. We can start with that plot, or something someone else figures.

posté March 15, 2014, 13:33:51 | #13
Well it sounds pretty cool, but I've not actually watched a whole lot of the anime, (kinda waiting from my english blu-ray) so it's a tad shaky as a concept for me personally.

I did have an idea for a roleplay, where the group accidentally ends up jumping through a broken zaap and ends up in some unexplored area. It immediately shoves the group together and could be pretty interesting, but I haven't put much thought into it as of yet.

As I say I don't really have the time r the intention to actually run a roleplay, but i'd definitely be interested in a new one opening up.

posté March 16, 2014, 11:10:56 | #14
Yea, every idea has it's pros and cons individually. I've tried this concept you have in mind inthe past. It went pretty good, but the game master will has to present solid facts happening or else the interest will fade pretty soon.

Anyway, the thing isthat since we have people here willing to join, we should just start something. Personally I took the initiative and directed us to a solid plot. Will also be thinking newer ones.

posté May 30, 2014, 07:09:27 | #15
I'd be willing to join a new rp too, just not so willing to make one. ;p

posté May 30, 2014, 16:43:49 | #16
Hmmm, I think it's about time we got something started.

Here's what I propose:

If anyone has an idea for a rp, please submit it here. We can work together to build on it, if necessary and get a story going.

If you have an idea, but don't feel confident to actually run the rp, please submit it anyway and perhaps someone else will be willing to pick it up.

Should a particularly promising story come along, but no one wants to run it, I would be willing to.

Another option is for everyone to submit a bio for a single character and we can build a plot around the list of characters.

Just some ideas to help get something off the ground.  

posté July 06, 2014, 04:09:51 | #17
I would love to do a roleplay, honestly. And I think that idea is GREAT.
I happen to be a new player and would like to get a rp going. I just need a few things answered, is all.

When you say "Run the RP" would you mean to be the overseer or to be the main aspect?
And another thing? What kind of rps do people do on here? I mean, there are SO many types, Id like to know the ranges.

posté July 08, 2014, 09:14:58 | #18

Quote (LightningChaser @ 06 July 2014 04:09) *
I would love to do a roleplay, honestly. And I think that idea is GREAT.
I happen to be a new player and would like to get a rp going. I just need a few things answered, is all.

When you say "Run the RP" would you mean to be the overseer or to be the main aspect?
And another thing? What kind of rps do people do on here? I mean, there are SO many types, Id like to know the ranges.

When I say "run" the rp, I mean direct the story. A lot of people I've spoken to about rp ideas have great ideas... but aren't confident enough to be the one directing the story. So if someone has a cool idea to rp, but would prefer not to run the story themselves, I wouldn't mind directing the story.

As for type of rp, I'm personally up for anything- just make the rules clear before you start and the people that are keen will come.

I'm doing an rp with some friends at the moment, we may post it to the forums. Also in the process of arranging a new one with another friend, which may be open to join, eventually.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-06-11
posté September 23, 2014, 19:46:44 | #19
I would love to join any RP going on. I used to play a few years ago, and was part of a pretty active RP guild, although the name of the guild escapes me. I'm happy to be starting to play again on a new account, and would be interested in joining anything you have going on  

posté September 24, 2014, 19:45:59 | #20
The only active RP at the moment is mine: Balaclava.
Sadly, it has no more free spaces.
If you or someone else started a new RP though, I'm sure others would join.
Let's breath a little more life back into this forum.

As for RP guilds, I don't know any, but you could start one, maybe?

This post has been edited by Aacher - September 24, 2014, 19:46:44.