Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

IYesWayI's profile
Statistics
1184 Posts (1.23 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté June 06, 2014, 18:49:45 | #1

Quote (Bosmoq @ 06 June 2014 18:45) *
I hopped in the 2012 beta and really enjoyed the concept behind this MMO, but ultimately decided to quit due to the overbearing grind. I was reminded that this game exists the other day, and want to play it again. There's a few questions I'd like answered before I begin playing again.

1: Is the grind as awful as it was in 2012?
2: Are there any major changes from the beta?
3: Are the classes more balanced? Obviously due to a beta certain classes completely overshadowed others.

I'd tried googling these answers and couldn't find much discussion, so I'd appreciate any replies.
1. worse
2. no
3. no

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #742137  Replies : 4  Views : 312
posté June 06, 2014, 18:48:37 | #2

Quote (LioVamp @ 06 June 2014 14:45) *
in dofus there are 8-boxers - quit mostly of this fact
lolololol

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #742135  Replies : 6  Views : 3272
posté June 06, 2014, 09:07:45 | #3

Quote (Kokonaut @ 06 June 2014 02:25) *

Quote (Sabi @ 28 May 2014 19:08) *
The results of all votes were as followed:

1 - AP/Damage Relic: 31.5%
2 - MP/Damage Relic: 28%
3 - Range/Damage Relic: 13.5 %
4 - "Tank" Relic: 12%
5 - AP without MP "Tank" Relic: 10%
6 - "Damage" Relic without AP/MP: 5%

I need to point out the poll results for the final stats of the Magnelame. For those who can't be arsed to go search for the stats, they are as followed:

• +1 AP
  • +1 MP
  • +115 HP
  • +25 INI
  • +7% CH
  • +65% Dmg ALL
  • +15% Critical dmg
  • +15% Resist. ALL

Because it's an exotic AP Relic you can expect these to be the final or close to the final statistics of the breastplate coming the June update from the Sram divine, Srambad.

But back to the poll results, I need to highlight a few results specifically.

Quote (Sabi @ 28 May 2014 19:08) *
1 - AP/Damage Relic: 31.5%
2 - MP/Damage Relic: 28%
3 - Range/Damage Relic: 13.5 %

From the English poll alone, the results were 30% AP/Damage, 12% MP/Damage, and 31% Range/Damage. What this basically means, is that once we were thrown in a pool with the French, Germans, and Spanish (but let's be realistic here) our votes basically had zero impact on the overall results.

If future universal polls like this are taken again in the future, something needs to be done about this. We have no weight in the outcome of them when it comes to sheer number and community size.

Just to clarify, this isn't about the Magnelame. It's about the weight of the international community's say in matters to be decided by players in the future.

• Mango
Well yeah they have always favored French opinion because there are more of them and they therefor get more money from them. Only thing we can do is pray to our class gods that 10 000 americans spontaneously subscribe to wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741851  Replies : 20  Views : 1097
posté June 05, 2014, 19:46:58 | #4

Quote (Scrublife @ 05 June 2014 06:56) *
Why do they always want to limit the diversity of the players? Do they NOT like variety?
In a way this actually kind of encourages diversity. Everyone was doing 12AP and now that will no longer be the case.

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 05 June 2014 14:01) *

Quote (IYesWayI @ 05 June 2014 03:59) *
Actually you can only stat 1AP or 1MP. Just finished talking to Mango on Skype.
LOL Hackworks attempt to troll...
Hackwork... wat?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741607  Replies : 28  Views : 1291
posté June 05, 2014, 06:24:30 | #5

Quote (Brokonaut @ 05 June 2014 05:38) *
Max stat is 1 AP 2 MP as far as I can confirm. The AP stat cap I'm 100% positive on. The 2 MP stat I'm just assuming since MP is a higher scarcity than AP is and they never said anything about limiting the amount of MP you can stat.

We talked today Yesway?

@Houjouu: The cost to point these stats will be the same as before.

• Mango
Shhhhhh

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741301  Replies : 28  Views : 1291
posté June 05, 2014, 05:24:20 | #6

Quote (Sindormi @ 05 June 2014 04:18) *

Quote (IYesWayI @ 05 June 2014 04:04) *

Quote (Dy7 @ 04 June 2014 02:02) *
Hello,

I'm one of the Game Designer who worked on the expansions Saharach and Divine Dimensions : item stats, gameplay of mobs, boss and dungeon, this is my task on them. I'm also working on Lock / Dodge system and on the new PvP feature.

If you want to know more about my Wakfu player profil, I have three main characters : level 140, 135 and 115, with a pretty good stuff for their level. So yes, I do have played to Wakfu. And I will play it again with the upcoming release of Divine Dimensions to follow not from far the new contents.
As in any game unless you are an active end game player with fully optimized gear you know nothing about the balance of a game. Its like a level 14 Soraka playing normal screaming about imba because she cant solo barren.

Actually, it doesn't take playing a game to understand balance and in fact if you were a developer for a game and used your in game experiences as the point of information for your actions, you would be doing the whole game a disservice.

Balance in all forms of games comes from mathematics and large scale modelling derived from multiple simulations and information from the entire scope of the game, not from one person and their incredibly limited experience.
This is true in a perfect world where the Devs are savants who can visualize how the thousands of numbers translate into every possible situation in game, but not in reality. Something may be hard to appreciate unless you see how it translates in game. I hardly think they are sitting at their desks calculating every class' damage potential with every possible gear combination.

Its important to note in Wakfu's case IT IS mostly from the incredibly limited experience of one or two people who are the ones deciding the stats of items and abilities. The Wakfu team is a small one and when the people in charge of balance are playing with mid level gear the mid level gear is going to end up balanced and the end game gear is not. This is particularly a problem for a game where the majority of the players are at end game. Someone is always going to have a limited experience to work with, but I think it is much better for that limited experience to be through seeing the in game implementation than through ONLY looking at the numbers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741295  Replies : 34  Views : 1312
posté June 05, 2014, 04:04:06 | #7

Quote (Celay01 @ 02 June 2014 19:07) *
Please someone answer this.

Because i believe NO.

They even didnt change trool fair machines, and they removed tokens 13 months ago, i am sure none of them aware it.

And really developers play this game at weekends at least! See all problems yourself...

Quote (Dy7 @ 04 June 2014 02:02) *
Hello,

I'm one of the Game Designer who worked on the expansions Saharach and Divine Dimensions : item stats, gameplay of mobs, boss and dungeon, this is my task on them. I'm also working on Lock / Dodge system and on the new PvP feature.

If you want to know more about my Wakfu player profil, I have three main characters : level 140, 135 and 115, with a pretty good stuff for their level. So yes, I do have played to Wakfu. And I will play it again with the upcoming release of Divine Dimensions to follow not from far the new contents.
As in any game unless you are an active end game player with fully optimized gear you know nothing about the balance of a game. Its like a level 14 Soraka playing normal screaming about imba because she cant solo barren.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741273  Replies : 34  Views : 1312
posté June 05, 2014, 04:01:49 | #8
Ankama has been adding reskinned items for years. Its funny to think about since the great art style of the game is one of its best features. They put so much effort into making their game look great and look unique, yet they constantly reskin.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741271  Replies : 30  Views : 1249
posté June 05, 2014, 03:59:08 | #9
Actually you can only stat 1AP or 1MP. Just finished talking to Mango on Skype.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741269  Replies : 28  Views : 1291
posté June 05, 2014, 03:54:37 | #10

Quote (Dy7 @ 04 June 2014 01:34) *
Hello,

Here you can see the changes made to the Relics :

Thank you for actually posting on the english forums. Devs rarely do this and it is much appreciated. However I would hope you reconsider some of these damages. Even with exotic AP pieces getting inherently buffed because they allow 12 I think some of these items are too good. Look at the difficulty in acquiring them. DV epps are the hardest relic to get in the game and yet they got only a 15hp buff compared to 60% damage on nettlez. The ability to get 12ap does not make up for this MASSIVE damage difference. It is also a LOT easier to get nettlez. Furthmore the meridia, CBA, and otamai bp are way too good for their level and difficulty to get.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741265  Replies : 240  Views : 11833
posté May 30, 2014, 12:11:36 | #11

Quote (dlexus009 @ 29 May 2014 20:52) *
Hi

I think it is the only way to let the nerf out of Wakfu, and those weak relic will be balanced, because when we use one insigna, we gave up the 12 Ap mode and too much

Now better,

Thanks Ankama and all the others

Zhao
Welp Vlad epps went from best relic to mid tier even though its the hardest to get. dat 15hp buff lol when the fucking ammu gets 50% dmg and nettlez gets 60% lol. Time for another break from wakfu. Ankama rolled again lol.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #738669  Replies : 70  Views : 2727
posté May 28, 2014, 02:31:37 | #12
Yes for fucks sake air/fire has had it good, but that isnt a valid argument against future balance lol. Just because the game has been imbalanced in the past doesnt mean it makes sense for it to continue to be imba. Also that was only one part of my post. Seriously though just to make it more clear what i am saying. If air,water, and earth gear all gave 10% damage for a year while fire gear gave 100% damage for that year it wouldnt make having 2015 be the year of 1000% water gear any more sensible.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #737345  Replies : 240  Views : 11833
posté May 27, 2014, 06:40:16 | #13

Quote (FajneCycki @ 24 May 2014 03:15) *
The shiniest stuff I found ^^

Ooook almost back from my trip and i get linked this interesting thread. Its hard to complain about being surprised at a lack of balance but lol here it goes.

First the weapon. That is garbage for a 160 legendary. Its not even better than sceptor+dagger unless you are a class with easy backstab and even then you are losing a lot of crit. Same with cape and mushmantle. In fact almost all the items are incredibly underpowered for their level.

The second issue is the rings. Considering sprecious doesnt have air and fire and neither do these rings that leaves a great two combo ring set for every element combination but air/fire. the 3 best rings in the game, 2 will be accessible to every combo but air fire of which 0 will be accessible. I hope they at least improve the stats on the weapons before this is released. pretty silly stuff. still looks like a fun update.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #736747  Replies : 240  Views : 11833
posté May 06, 2014, 18:33:47 | #14

Quote (Sabi @ 06 May 2014 16:28) *
No rollback is being discussed at this time, my priority is to keep all of you informed of our progress and what is happening behind the scene and right now the investigation is still going on.

Please make sure to keep checking and using the Ankatracker, as it will give you a list of all my posts and any latest news.

We appreciate your patience while we are investigating.
Your priority is to keep telling us its your priority to keep us informed. Ive seen nothing to show otherwise yet.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #727033  Replies : 55  Views : 1627
posté May 06, 2014, 06:59:07 | #15

Quote (Sabi @ 06 May 2014 05:04) *

Quote (IYesWayI @ 06 May 2014 01:57) *
More than 3/4 of the threads are about haven bag wipes and rollbacks. It seems to be only affecting the english community strangely enough. How long will Wakfu last at this rate? What kind of player would stay under these conditions? Ankama needs to do a massive restructuring of their staff and hire people that can fix these issues and try to salvage what player base they have left by allowing complete server transfers, items and all. They also need to hire support staff with ultimate authority on returning lost items. If this does not happen I find it hard to imagine Wakfu does not become a massive profit sink for Ankama and they pull the plug on development and shut down all servers besides Aerafal or severely limit the bandwith of others.

I think Ankama went public in the last year. I seriously hope the board of directors or who ever is in charge take the time to realize what is happening to their investment.

I understand that the recent reports of lost items are alarming for the community, as well as to me, who likes to loose items? Nobody. But here is one thing that I am here for is to be that link between you, the community, and the devs, as well as with the support team to make sure that no matter what happens in-game or on the forums is reported to them for action, so you are not alone.

Which is exactly what has been done, unfortunately this was reported first to have happened yesterday and I wasn't checking the forums at that time, as I do take a break some on the weekend, nonetheless all internal channels have been made aware of your reports and we need to remember that the devs are not always working around the clock at night, therefore you can expect to first start to get new information as early as tomorrow.

Restructuring has been something that we are still working on to make sure to better accommodate everyone's needs and provide better customer service with the first steps on the dev team and the support service (the new website was also one of these steps).

Now we also need to remember that there is also no point in demoralizing the community by creating threads in attempt to give a sense of panicking and ranting, such threads will not be approved. We have always welcomed negative or positive feedback as long as it is in a constructive tone. I would hate having to stop community conversations just due to these aspects.

I am just asking the community to be patient while this investigation is going on and to keep sharing with me any information you may have regarding the lost item issue: here, as this is what will help the investigation more than anything.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Quote (Neneko88 @ 06 May 2014 02:26) *
why hasn't anyone from ankama responded to the remington server?..that's just wrong.

I will check on any downtime of the servers during the weekend. If you have experienced any please feel free to share it with me as well.
Sabi the new support site is just a prettier interface in which to receive a copy-pasted answer about how Ankama will get around to helping the player or if they are lucky they will receive an email written by an actual employee stating how they, regrettably, can not be helped. Please show us one instance where items were returned after a bug has occurred such as this and nobody will panic. Just show us proof of one player being returned his items. We all appreciate the job you do however that really does nothing for the player if the Devs do nothing with information. No more is being done now then when SE was in charge.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #726453  Replies : 61  Views : 1938
posté May 06, 2014, 03:23:58 | #16

Quote (zoombas @ 06 May 2014 02:33) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 06 May 2014 00:11) *

"Class based tutorials possible in the future "

Q pvp equip/?spells?

A We want to differentiate PvP from PvM equipment exclusive to pvp, possibly spells
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
Awesome. I cant wait to grind twice as hard to get good PvP gear especially when there is virtually no fucking PvP content in wakfu. VS mode? No. Rewards? No. But dont worry you now just have to grind harder to be good in duels! Yeah!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #726367  Replies : 24  Views : 1105
posté May 06, 2014, 01:57:10 | #17
Can Wakfu last until 2015? More than 3/4 of the threads are about haven bag wipes and rollbacks. It seems to be only affecting the english community strangely enough. How long will Wakfu last at this rate? What kind of player would stay under these conditions? Ankama needs to do a massive restructuring of their staff and hire people that can fix these issues and try to salvage what player base they have left by allowing complete server transfers, items and all. They also need to hire support staff with ultimate authority on returning lost items. If this does not happen I find it hard to imagine Wakfu does not become a massive profit sink for Ankama and they pull the plug on development and shut down all servers besides Aerafal or severely limit the bandwith of others.

I think Ankama went public in the last year. I seriously hope the board of directors or who ever is in charge take the time to realize what is happening to their investment.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #726325  Replies : 61  Views : 1938
posté May 05, 2014, 23:00:20 | #18

Quote (Kouromaro @ 05 May 2014 22:41) *
Initially made for last updated, shared on amakna.enjin.com with my guild.
Click here

Since we now have this new bug, I figure it might be appreciate here.

Any (civilized) feedbacks are welcomed. Please just reply here/ankabox me/reply to the enjin thread.

Hope it helps you.
Your link does not work and there is no fighting it. Ankama has its way with its players like a skinny guy dropping the soap in front of Tyrone in prison.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #726225  Replies : 2  Views : 278