Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

JerryDB's profile
Statistics
1929 Posts (0.56 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 14:21:59 | #1
Oi oi

My youtube channel here, I have been very busy IRL however I will try to throw up some more Wakfu videos.

Thread : News  Preview message : #824475  Replies : 35  Views : 1141
posté Today - 13:54:57 | #2
First I am not providing a wall of text for goodie points but as information on things that I have done in the past with mixed results. So you can learn from mistakes from this fool I also care a great deal about this issue of recruitment I have also spent considerable time and money to address this issue. I don't like people quitting over the fact they couldn't find anyone to play with in this MMO.

A brief history of recruitment with JerryDB
In 2013 looking at the problem of recruitment I made a guild alliance solely about recruitment and at its peak it had 23 guilds. It had a private voice server mumble and own website. It worked reasonable well however it was far to labour intensive on me and without me organising the groups people didn't team up.

I also was the only recruiter for Remington in 2013, what I mean by this is, people would ask me for people I would spam my friend list and relay the results with a decent success rate. People still ask me for groups today but on a considerably smaller scale, I think the main reason is people guilds populations are much better than they use to be.

After I retired the Guild alliance I made a policy of open recruitment, if people want help finding a group or information on the game join my teamspeak and I will treat people as if they were my guild members (good). When everyone is on teamspeak I can easily organise multiple groups at the same time. People can also easily organise themselves as well.

I have discussed the issue of recruitment with many players over the years.

I was playing around with the idea of a guild specifically for recruitment where we could throw in low levels alts and get groups for our mains but I opted for a public cross server teamspeak server.

I will also add we do not know when we will get :- (yes other people mentioned these as well)
GvG and alliance chat?.
Get further reaching localised chat?.
Get a efficiently working group finder?.

As these are finer features which would be added to a more polished game, I am sure they will add them at some point but when? people have had recruitment problems for years.

The other thing for me is I want solutions now my teamspeak server is 6 months old and works GG.

Final point, two topics dungeon runners for Nox & Remington are both pretty great sorry I don't have any links.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - January 27, 2015, 14:08:39.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824467  Replies : 33  Views : 613
posté Today - 00:08:19 | #3
Here is an IIRC created for Wakfu. . I understand there could still be a audience for IIRC as well however like most things its need active users and people promoting it.

It is my teamspeak server, for me TS is the superior option. I can take new/random players to content they haven't done and easily over voice chat explain all the mechanics and win.
We reduce the grind of the game most through bantar.
My server has been promoted and various players, guilds, servers use it. We have a decent amount of people using the server.

What would be better is a group finder what would actually works.

To the OP:
I have been hearing for years people saying I can't find anyone to play with, IIRC and TS is a step towards solving the problem however simply talking to players and networking in-game is the way to go. If I can be on reasonable terms with multiple guilds leaders across mutliple servers anyone can. All I did to do this was, go to guild leaderboard, find the top 20 guilds. Go the alamanx and find some of their members then talk to the guild leader.

For example, I am level 110 eni I am currently looking to spam miss frezzie is there anyone in your guild doing the same or around my level? no. Well what level are most people and what do people mostly run? most players are lv 135+ and run blackspore and above
I see let me get a few levels and get back to you.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - January 27, 2015, 00:13:06.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824287  Replies : 33  Views : 613
posté January 24, 2015, 13:12:50 | #4
Hello

This is copy and pasted from my guide link here.

How to report a player
Player reports (and what happens to the player(s) that have been reported) are dealt with confidentially. You should receive a reply to confirm Ankama have received your report, but you should not expect to be told what will happen to the player(s) you are reporting.

There are three ways to report a player:

1. Contact support via the Wakfu.com website.
  • Go to this page: Click here
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Send a message” button.

2. Contact Sabi or a Moderator via Ankabox. Mods have the “MOD” against their names in the forum.
  • Find a post by [Sabi] or a moderator on the forum.
  • Click on the little down arrow next to the name of the moderator.
  • Click on the Ankabox logo (which looks like an orange envelope with an arrow wrapped around it.)
  • Click “Send a message”.
3. Comment in this thread [ICT Hotline] Help! I need a moderator in-game! , which is a direct line to the MODs.

Your report should contain the following:
  • Time (including timezone).
  • Date.
  • Your forum name.
  • Your player name.
  • The names of the player(s) you wish to report. This should be the character name(s) of the player(s), and the account name(s). See below for how to find the account name.
  • Evidence of the violation. The easiest way to do this is by taking multiple screenshots. (The default button to take a screenshot is F12). Simply upload them to an image sharing website (like imgur.com) and include links to them in the report.

How to find a player’s account name

The can be found be using /whois command (they will be need online for this to work). For example, typing this into chat

/whois sabi

will tell you Sabi’s account name if he’s online. You must have the screen “game” text displayed in order to see the result.

The full terms of use can be viewed here.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - January 24, 2015, 13:14:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823503  Replies : 2  Views : 173
posté January 21, 2015, 18:14:20 | #5
Pioneer FTW.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822435  Replies : 47  Views : 1072
posté January 20, 2015, 00:52:30 | #6
Yes I had it a few times. Just wait 24 hours.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #821684  Replies : 9  Views : 372
posté January 17, 2015, 13:17:39 | #7
Play without steam link here.

Then tell us how it goes.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #820706  Replies : 5  Views : 277
posté January 15, 2015, 14:00:22 | #8
Here is a guide to the political system.

Only the government can change laws, it sounds like you want to place eco-protection which a few government members could do, gov, vice-gov, ecologist. If you can find a tree ask some players OR go to another nation.

The eco is maintained by the players and such as in real life many are not bothered about the eco and just want the resoucres. For the government this is a never ending battle.

To give your opinion of the government press N, there should be a happy and sad face click on those provided you are p2p and voted in the last election.

On negative votes, yeah but you need the vast majority to do it.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #820082  Replies : 4  Views : 171
posté January 14, 2015, 11:21:48 | #9
This is a terrible idea.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Adds to enemy list aka Death Note.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - January 14, 2015, 11:22:01.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #819789  Replies : 2  Views : 67
posté January 13, 2015, 18:15:05 | #10
You need to pick one Singles OR Doubles as any pvp tournament will last more than 1 hour.

You could have multiple fights going at the same time but specators can not watch all the fights.

The other main question is, what levels is the event for?. You said about pools but didn't give a level limit.

Thread : Events  Preview message : #819592  Replies : 2  Views : 358
posté January 12, 2015, 00:58:26 | #11
Oioi

Did you check out this topic?. 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819208  Replies : 15  Views : 473
posté January 08, 2015, 12:27:02 | #12
Oi oi,

I can not guarantee at level party however joining this TS and chatting away may reduce the grind.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #818377  Replies : 1  Views : 138
posté January 08, 2015, 02:08:01 | #13

Quote (Meowsa @ 04 January 2015 15:14) *
This game is way too fun to let a few rotten apples spoil it for you, especially when this happens so infrequently.
Exactly.

I have been attacking by my friends. I remember one friend he was role-playing as rogue and would kill me and my guild all the time. He said "pay me money and I will stop attacking you" I didn't take to kindly to this. So I killed him more than he killed me.
I found the whole thing rather amusing.

Be attacking affects you so little on this game it can be easily ignored now persistent harassment is another matter but from what you said thats not what you have here.

You shouldn't let other people stop you doing what you want to do (within reason).
harassment is another matter but from what you said thats not what you have here.

You shouldn't let other people stop you doing what you want to do (within reason).

This post has been edited by JerryDB - January 08, 2015, 02:09:40.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #818290  Replies : 23  Views : 1594
posté January 05, 2015, 21:14:05 | #14

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 05 January 2015 19:46) *
Why not iops with the gray mage's wand?
Why not every class with a shushu weapon?.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #817672  Replies : 26  Views : 1049
posté January 04, 2015, 16:42:09 | #15
When writing a bug report, report 1 bug at a time those are the rules.

As seen here. 

This post has been edited by JerryDB - January 04, 2015, 16:43:48.
Thread : 1.39 Bug Reports  Preview message : #817429  Replies : 3  Views : 177
posté December 31, 2014, 11:46:31 | #16
Oi oi,

I do not really bother with emotes.

I am not sure if the locations have changed by you might want to check out the wakfu wiki here.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #816452  Replies : 7  Views : 694
posté December 31, 2014, 11:41:36 | #17
I understand people are hyped about them.
One of my favorite sayings is "lets wait and see".
Ankama have never heard of the concept of logic therefore it is problematic saying Ankama will do X as they do insane stuff all the time.

As its going to be an option which costs money I would like to hope they will fully explain all the costs before putting it into the game as to gain some feedback.

Especially as potentially it could be pretty awesome.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - December 31, 2014, 11:43:00.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #816451  Replies : 68  Views : 3772
posté December 30, 2014, 13:34:56 | #18
Its pretty much what you said, most changes are for balancing.

Feca can get 100% block (reducing damage by 30%) and easy 70% resistance +50% earth or water shield.

Panda got an entire revamp and whilst I am loving their damage I was not really playing a panda as my main character but for me the loss of aggressive barrel seem pretty acceptable.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #816173  Replies : 2  Views : 355
posté December 30, 2014, 13:22:43 | #19

Quote (Sirzoiu @ 30 December 2014 12:51) *
''for players on Nox, Remington and Amara.'' Thank you wakfu. Ankama retarded. pfff
What server did you want the event for?

Thread : News  Preview message : #816172  Replies : 24  Views : 1350