Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

JerryDB's profile
Statistics
1823 Posts (0.55 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 18, 2014, 13:34:07 | #1
Thank you everyone for the input on updating this guide.

I have been thinking it probably makes a lot more sense to move this guide to the Wakfu wiki.

That way everyone can edit, add and change the information.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 18, 2014, 13:34:48.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788393  Replies : 21  Views : 2136
posté October 15, 2014, 16:32:32 | #2
I have updated and corrected the topic thank you.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 15, 2014, 16:32:47.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787664  Replies : 4  Views : 278
posté October 15, 2014, 15:55:17 | #3
Community FAQ for Wakfu Oi oi

I have been thinking about this for a while. As much fun as it is answering the same questions over and over.
With your help why not make a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Some guidelines first:-
  • Lets avoid class specific questions as they have their own sub forum and they may end up of millions of them
  • Try if possible to be short, concise, non-opinionated and if possibly sources for further reading
  • I am currently writing a guide for spells and combat exp so lets avoid those as well.
  • If you want to have a nice long chat about one of the subject please make a brand new topic

Q: Do ogrines expire?

A: Nope, Ogrines no longer expire as of September 25th.

Click here

Click here

Q: Will Wakfu get a kamas exchange?

A: In Feb 2012 we asked team Wakfu this, since the game is free to play on most servers I do not think this is likely or really needed.

Kamas exchange is a system where you can trade kamas for ogrines which is used on Dofus their previous MMORPG.

Q: Does Wakfu have a character/server transfer?

A: Nope, sometimes it is possible to switch paid benefits over to different server however before you click buy make sure its the correct server and correct account.

Q: Is Wakfu Pay 2 Win?

A: Not really, here is the list of most of benefits for pay to play. Booster packed/subscribed member also get double the dungeon token of free 2 play players.

Q: Is using multiple accounts allowed?

A: Of course, why else would the game launcher allow you to run multiple version of their client.

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - October 15, 2014, 18:31:28.
Reason for edit : Changed Title :-)
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787657  Replies : 4  Views : 278
posté October 13, 2014, 14:11:53 | #4
With rough levels assuming its 20 levels per specialty.
  1. Initiator 21
  2. Fusillade 41
  3. Bomber Fan 61
  4. Remote Control or Boombot, personally I would go for boombot then get remote control kinda last - 81
  5. Surprise Shot 101
  6. Magnetic Claw 121

Never level runaway.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #787041  Replies : 3  Views : 218
posté October 13, 2014, 14:00:47 | #5
If you have not played in a while you should have a free respec, go to jonk which can be found in all the nation outposts and chat to him.

If you want help with your respec please post again or join here.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #787040  Replies : 2  Views : 111
posté October 13, 2014, 13:59:06 | #6
My advice, you are better of searching the guild section of the forum here.
Find a guild you like the sound of then apply.

I can recommend some guilds if you want to chat to me on my teamspeak server here.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #787039  Replies : 1  Views : 117
posté October 13, 2014, 13:35:03 | #7
I am not an expert however it is my understanding that technically there is no memory link.
Java which is what Wakfu uses is meant to use more memory as it run, so as everyone has experienced if you play for hours the java (Wakfu) program will have eaten up more memory than when it first loaded up.

I will get my friend to comment on this post later as he know a lot more about java and I think through some setting you can put some limit on it or something like that.

My solution was just get more RAM, atm I have 8 GB of RAM and I can run 6 accounts.
I fully understand you shouldn't have to upgrade your computer but this is not going to get fixed any time soon.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 13, 2014, 13:35:41.
Thread : 1.37 Bug Reports  Preview message : #787032  Replies : 6  Views : 151
posté October 12, 2014, 12:38:15 | #8
Hello you should read this guide here.

To put yourself up for governor firstly this can only happen at certain periods of time two days before a governors mandate finishes.

So to look this up press N for nation, then have a look at the bar that shows how many days left.

To put yourself up, go to a clan member of your nation and click vote, there will be another option "run for governor at a cost of XXXXX kamas" and add a speech.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #786757  Replies : 1  Views : 97
posté October 10, 2014, 12:58:19 | #9
Forum Name: JerryDB
Main Server: Remington
In-Game Name(s): JerryDB
Classes Played: All except eca
Gathering Professions: Herbalist, Lumberjack, Farmer, Trapper
Craft Professions: zero

I have been teaching, training and retaining players since day one.
However I want to be mostly contacted through my teamspeak server mainly because its just more convenient for me. Also if I am not online most of players on there are willing to answer new players questions as some of them are pretty new as well.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 10, 2014, 12:59:28.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786306  Replies : 39  Views : 1709
posté October 10, 2014, 12:57:36 | #10
Are you using a ranged characters, as I can not image a cra using piercing arrow would have any problems.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 10, 2014, 12:57:48.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #786305  Replies : 7  Views : 131
posté October 10, 2014, 12:45:06 | #11
How many people can enter this dungeon at once?.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #786301  Replies : 7  Views : 131
posté October 10, 2014, 12:43:14 | #12
Here is my guide for reporting players here.

Here is a link to the in-game moderators helpline here.

I am sure if you knew where to file a report it would have taken you seconds.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786300  Replies : 4  Views : 356
posté October 10, 2014, 12:31:18 | #13
I will add, if you want to join my guild best to join my teamspeak server here.

As I pay for a teamspeak server I dont really bother with guild chat as everyone is usually on teamspeak.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #786297  Replies : 5  Views : 240
posté October 09, 2014, 15:19:34 | #14
You are better of looking on the guild section of the forum here then apply directly then expecting a reply on this topic.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #786024  Replies : 1  Views : 112
posté October 09, 2014, 14:21:32 | #15
Come on Afoxi, you can just make your friend an account then give them the details OR get support to change over his account via a ticket.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786012  Replies : 5  Views : 360
posté October 09, 2014, 14:18:54 | #16
This game doesn't need a cd key or code to play.

Use this link and play the game directly without steam.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786011  Replies : 2  Views : 237
posté October 09, 2014, 14:14:33 | #17
This is a very old complaint. As far as I know its intended like this.

Basically its because you have one mask so if you go classic mask, then you give this to your double. Then you go to coward mask then back to classic, as you only have one mask the double loses theirs and of course becomes a lot less useful.

But I agree it should be changed as it really breaks the flow of gameplay and tactical limits you, double only lasts 2 turns come on.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 09, 2014, 14:14:44.
Thread : 1.37 Bug Reports  Preview message : #786010  Replies : 1  Views : 56
posté October 09, 2014, 12:45:10 | #18
Here is the current order I would level them.

Max Compulsion
Max Authority
Max Jump
Max Virility

Choices
Max Show Off - if you play in groups
Max Locking Pro - if you fight against monsters that can use teleport/transport spells a lot
Defensive Stance - if you need to tank the odd hit and have 2 ap spare

Max Defensive Stance - I recently leveled this, it sucks. It is only good if you solo and want to gain a damage boost on the first turn. The reason I say it sucks lets way you had +100% power then didn't hit anything you would lose your power as far as I know defensive stance allows you to keep power.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #786001  Replies : 4  Views : 385
posté October 09, 2014, 12:36:45 | #19
Of course crit first.

The remaining points depends on how you play.

Do you enjoy jumping behind the enemy and using judgement most turns GO backstab this of course is going to give the most consistent mostly single target damage.
Do you prefer try to get the maximum amount of targets with your wraith and judgements with Area of Effect GO crit damage this is going to give less consistent damage but hit from any direction.

For my fire/air iop I went crit damage as I enjoy using wraith and then judgement.
I often have +100% preparation as well so if I do crit the damage is NOICE.

Btw try to get 10 AP and 6 mp as soon as possible.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 09, 2014, 12:37:42.
Thread : Iop  Preview message : #785999  Replies : 2  Views : 274
posté October 09, 2014, 12:27:40 | #20
You did pretty good for 5 minutes.

The crafting system sucks btw most of the jobs are pretty pointless and most the best equipment is drop only.

If you forget to say its a "tactical turn based" which set its apart from other games.

You said, you can control 1 character on screen at one time, mutli-men aka sidekicks are controllable characters which share your screen, and for mutli-accounts they can alt tab (using the same screen).

I mostly agree this is not a solo game however some people play 6 accounts, so I say for the early content you can mostly use 1 characters but later on you going to need a full team of 6 to really progress.

I would advise against joining any random guild, guilds are usually the main social interaction so choosing the right guilds is kinda important, of course you can switch as often as you want but why not make the effort to begin and save time in the future.

Was your compliant about the UI, if you leave various menu open they take up room on the screen? most of the time you open a menu perform and action or check the information then close it as opposed to running around with menus open.

Tutorial does suck and I have lost count of the number of times they have re-done it.

I personally enjoy the game is not story focused, at later into the game you are forced to do some questlines in order to gain access to some area you are nicely rewarded. The game developers are working on this currently. I also dislike questing game I perfer grinding game which this is.

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #785998  Replies : 1  Views : 171