Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Wakfu Adaptation of Songs, Real songs changed to make them Wakfu related
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2007-03-24
posté December 11, 2013, 16:12:03 | #1
Wakfu Adaptation of Songs
An Wakfu adaptation of a song

Queen of Kelba

I cast out one of my spells
Keep your scarred head
Keep your pain
It is an island of stone
I’m going better alone
I know where I begin, begin, begin...

So crown me the Queen of Kelba
(I'm never going home)
Hand me my sword and armor
(I'm never going home)
You can crown me the Queen of Kelba
(I'm never coming home)
Forever fight alone
I'm never going home...

Fight of all of the crows
It's not enough now to shoot with bows
I'm leaving all of the stuff
Showing I had enough
I begin, begin, begin, begin, begin...

So crown me the Queen of Kelba
(I'm never going home)
Hand me my sword and armor
(I'm never going home)
(I'm never going home)
Forever fight alone
I'm never going home...
I'm never going home...
I'm never going home...

(I'm never going home)
Forever fight alone
I'm never going home...
I'm never going home...
I'm never going home.
I'm never going home.

Original Song and Lyrics: Laura Jansen - Queen of Elba

P.S. I didn't know where to put this in the Fan Media section.
So i putted here, because I thought it was the most fitting.
Hope you like it.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-11-02
posté December 12, 2013, 05:28:55 | #2
I think this'd fit better on general discussion. This isn't exactly 'art' is it.

Community Helper * Member Since 2013-01-13
posté December 13, 2013, 05:45:26 | #3

Quote (RadioBug @ 12 December 2013 05:28) *
I think this'd fit better on general discussion. This isn't exactly 'art' is it.
Songs are art as well. This is a section for fan media and Naturel is well within their rights to post here I think

Great adaption Naturel, very clever and very creative! I'd like to see more in future  

posté December 13, 2013, 08:59:02 | #4

Quote (tashlol @ 13 December 2013 05:45) *

Quote (RadioBug @ 12 December 2013 05:28) *
Songs are art as well. This is a section for fan media and Naturel is well within their rights to post here I think

Great adaption Naturel, very clever and very creative! I'd like to see more in future
I think I'd agree if it had actual media content. As far as I'm concerned this doesn't.

"Share your own creations (artworks, drawings, videos...) in this part of the forum."
this is the description under the Fan Media > Fan art sub-forum.

And as creating and categorizing any content goes, simply writing lyrics and just lyrics with no sheet music no nothing, well. That doesn't go very far in the namesake of content within this particular sub-forum, does it.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-11
posté December 13, 2013, 14:31:35 | #5
This sub-forum calls for all "Artists and writers" to "come share your works of art!" Looking at the four options available, I very much agree with Naturel that this is a creative work (I'm sure you're not disputing that) and that this is the best out of the four sub-forums to put it in.

Concerning your objections to its placement, they seem to be that it isn't 'art' and that it has no 'actual media content'. Firstly, I'd love to watch you explain to the many skilled lyricists in the world whose work bring forth imagination, sympathetic creative expression, a multitude of emotions etc that their work isn't considered 'art' in your eyes unless it is paired with music.

Secondly, given that this is a forum for amateur offerings I'm sure you could find it somewhere in your heart to grant it some leeway in your rather harsh judgement.

And thirdly? As far as I'm concerned this fits right in.

Oh and as a fourth point, I'm pretty sure that since the source is provided, these lyrics are meant to be read whilst listening to the original song. Makes your point pretty moot.

To return to the topic at hand, Naturel I really like your adaptation. I think it gives a lovely feel to the Island of Kelba, far too often maligned and forgotten, and I'm impressed by you finding a song that quite naturally falls towards the lyrics you chose. I think you captured and expressed a lot of emotion and essence in what you wrote.

I would love to see in future though, if further offerings from you are presented that you further worked the lyrics, choosing a song whose aural offerings suited the alternative lyrics, but where you didn't leave things in. I suppose this is my own personal preference, but I'm a sucker for clever wordplay and watching a wordsmith wholly rewrite things, rather than in part.

That being said though, I'd like to thank you for the effort and courage you had to both put this together and to share it with us, I really enjoyed it. So thank you. =)

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2007-03-24
posté December 13, 2013, 20:46:28 | #6
It's All Okay

The story is different now, the boowolfs are howling in the darkest woods
And you might say you're wounded, and I might say I'm hurt
But we knew the Sadidas were dancing between the fire and the earth
And we may say we're broken, we may say we're weak,
But we knew before we started, that we wouldn’t last a beat

And it's all okay, cause love will find a way to be what love is

I'll move to the country, and live inside the great Bontarian woods
And I'll write you a letter and tell you all the things I should say to your face
And I won't send it to you, I'll send it to your brothers place
And they won't give it to you, that's how brave I'll grow here in my cave

And you'll move to the city, buy a Haven world
And that will make you smile all the while you'll be looking for what you left behind
And it will bring you kamas and oh how you will share that with that heart of yours
I won't visit you, I'll know by then the kinder thing to do

Oh it's all okay, cause love will find a way to be what love is

The story is different now, the boowolfs are howling in darkest woods

Original Song and Lyrics: Julia Stone - It's All Okay

Thanks for the nice reactions.
Tashlol, thanks for the compliments.
Sindormi, I've enjoyed reading that you liked my adaptation and that you think 'it gives a lovely feel to the island of Kelba, far too often maligned and forgotten''. Also I want to thank you for thanking me.
Hope you all like this one as much as I do.

This post has been edited by Naturel-Evolutions - December 13, 2013, 20:49:29.
posté December 15, 2013, 03:47:08 | #7

Quote (Sindormi @ 13 December 2013 14:31) *
This sub-forum calls for all "Artists and writers" to "come share your works of art!" Looking at the four options available, I very much agree with Naturel that this is a creative work (I'm sure you're not disputing that) and that this is the best out of the four sub-forums to put it in.

Concerning your objections to its placement, they seem to be that it isn't 'art' and that it has no 'actual media content'. Firstly, I'd love to watch you explain to the many skilled lyricists in the world whose work bring forth imagination, sympathetic creative expression, a multitude of emotions etc that their work isn't considered 'art' in your eyes unless it is paired with music.

Secondly, given that this is a forum for amateur offerings I'm sure you could find it somewhere in your heart to grant it some leeway in your rather harsh judgement.

And thirdly? As far as I'm concerned this fits right in.

Oh and as a fourth point, I'm pretty sure that since the source is provided, these lyrics are meant to be read whilst listening to the original song. Makes your point pretty moot.

To return to the topic at hand, Naturel I really like your adaptation. I think it gives a lovely feel to the Island of Kelba, far too often maligned and forgotten, and I'm impressed by you finding a song that quite naturally falls towards the lyrics you chose. I think you captured and expressed a lot of emotion and essence in what you wrote.

I would love to see in future though, if further offerings from you are presented that you further worked the lyrics, choosing a song whose aural offerings suited the alternative lyrics, but where you didn't leave things in. I suppose this is my own personal preference, but I'm a sucker for clever wordplay and watching a wordsmith wholly rewrite things, rather than in part.

That being said though, I'd like to thank you for the effort and courage you had to both put this together and to share it with us, I really enjoyed it. So thank you. =)

"Firstly, I'd love to watch you explain to the many skilled lyricists in the world whose work bring forth imagination, sympathetic creative expression, a multitude of emotions etc that their work isn't considered 'art' in your eyes unless it is paired with music. "

Your first point contradicts itself in the fact that those 'skilled lyricists' create their own original content. Yes, they reference but they make it completely anew to a point where the original and the reference seem like a completely separate entity in itself. I'll admit swapping lyrics around and just copy pasting other parts of a song is creative, so long as done right. No disputes there about what Naturel's doing here. And never have even mentioned that original content created by musicians (Lyricists in almost every case are musicians themselves) is not art. Look through and citate correctly, because that and several other factors in your argument creates a fallacy, which I frankly picked up on, seeing as I haven't said some of the things you mentioned.

The 'media content' I mentioned? No I didn't mean it needed a whole goddamn MV of a sorts to fit here. No. A re-write of a song however, would benefit from the simple url link to the original video, because as far as 're-creating' and referencing music in terms of your own interpretations its the least you could do, and not to mention it helps the visualization heck, there's even a create link button for you to use in cases like this made for you to use in the forum reply/create thread funcition. You COULD say you can search the video up yourself. Yes. That's perfectly valid. Apart from the fact that re-writes being 'art' it lacks the original thrust of ideals put forth by the sourced creation. Hence that's why many and if not all artistic re-interpretations and representations done by students to professional media content creators do so in making allusions and re-creations.

Your argument basing off the fact that this is a forum for amateur offerings, I agree. It's bound to have more lee-way than what might go onto a professional critical blog about songs and the likes. But that is completely unrelated to what I was saying, stemming from the fact that my argument does not even go NEAR mentioning whether or not this re-write is amateur or not. I simply mentioned that the namesake of this sub-forum. And no. I'm not judging the content of the lyrics and what Naturel wrote his/herself and the derivatives of it. But instead the content-related category system that the Wakfu Forums has, and as far as delving into the already pre-existing content on General Discussion and Fanarts goes, I said that it suits more to go onto General Discussion because of the similar content that resides there,

Harsh judgement? I said nothing about his writing and lyrical skills. NOTHING. Its all in lieu of content categorization, if I were to actually give critique about his re-write? It's good. As far as Wakfu related songs go, it great. So how about you actually pay attention before you go about making assumptions on who's saying what about what topic at hand.

As for your 'third point' that just remains to be your own thinking and opinion, and I can respect that. But you can't call that a third point in such structural integrity of your 'response' as the resulting argument is falsified. In no way is the placement of this justified by a simple "Because I think so."

And to finish off, your last and fourth point. The source is provided? To a point, yes. Is it cited? Is it executed to the point where it justifies the content and accentuates its effect in delivery, hence magnifying the experience henceforth provided and aimed for by the replicant to this specific media device? No. That would, go back to the point previously made, that it justifies because the forum does accept submissions of all kinds. But by that same token, your justifications on the factors that nullify and make my points "Moot" seem pretty feeble, because if you've bothered to pay attention to what I've said, you can not say that my purpose for beginning this "discussion" is because it is media content, but the placement of said content. So your points made to make MY points null are in themselves, contradictions as to the original intent of the post and your following reply.

Now, In case you've missed me the first several times, as it seems. I'll say it again.

Lyrics and re-write? Well done. Placement? Questionable. Argument? Sustained through misinterpretation and continued prolonging through contextual fallacies.

Oh, and do point things out again. I'm quite tired of this arguing because prior experiences tell, the same 'points' will be made against me and they will, more likely than not be the same as before. And frankly, that's that.