Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 11 Flovor
The Flovor Bawl
The Flovor Bawl both ushers in the month of Flovor and commemorates the coming of the goddess ...

No flash

"the making of" season one, the book that's for sale on the Ankama website
posté January 29, 2010, 23:08:59 | #1
"the making of" season one Hey guys, i was considering buying it. But it would be close to fifty canadian dollars for me, almost 2/3 of which is shipping and taxes.
Don't get me wrong, i want to support Ankama, but is it worth it?

posté January 30, 2010, 05:01:24 | #2
Hrm..for just the making of? It depends. I like such extras..but as extras. If it were included with a season of the series, I would say GO FOR IT. But just the making of? It depends on how long it is. If you want to support Ankama, you could pay a similar cost and get like..a subscription to Dofus for a year PLUS the account extras. Link me to what you're considering?

posté January 30, 2010, 08:53:14 | #3
Ankama doesn't make any profit off the shipping and handling. As suggested, buying a subscription or something is probably a more effective way of supporting them. Save up for a Wakfu sub when the time comes! That'll make them happy. ^__^

posté January 30, 2010, 09:00:23 | #4
True. And if the prices are anywhere near what Dofus costs per month....that would be awesome.

posté February 01, 2010, 11:03:51 | #5
Ankama, you should sell more varied items for Wakfu and Dofus again. Although the shipping is an obvious barrier for some of us.

posté February 11, 2010, 20:28:41 | #6
It depends on how interested you are in animation. It (of course) has very good artwork and there is a good deal of description in the process so if you have the money I'd definitely recommend it. I certainly enjoyed it.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2007-03-08
posté February 11, 2010, 20:55:56 | #7

Quote (CaptainHonesty @ 11 February 2010 19:30) *
It depends on how interested you are in animation. It (of course) has very good artwork and there is a good deal of description in the process so if you have the money I'd definitely recommend it. I certainly enjoyed it.

I don't think it's really learning material (the basics you can get for free searching the internet, advanced techniques are usually not art books as well).

posté February 12, 2010, 12:41:29 | #8
Yeah, but - the Making of actually tells you, which techniques they've chosen, rather than a listing of possible methods like it often is in books.

+ isn't there any bonus material?

posté March 03, 2010, 07:55:48 | #9

Quote (Glacior @ 12 February 2010 12:43) *
Yeah, but - the Making of actually tells you, which techniques they've chosen, rather than a listing of possible methods like it often is in books.

+ isn't there any bonus material?

indeed

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2008-08-22
posté June 11, 2010, 10:03:36 | #10
Will there be a season 2 ?