Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Brokonaut's profile
Statistics
659 Posts (1.07 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 19:56:28 | #1
We forgot about the Gobgob's shields. I made sure to remind them about that.

Regarding the other shields. Feca's were simply too strong in the earth branch and allowed for nearly complete invulnerability. They didn't need to sacrifice any damage in order to apply their shields. The same with the earth Sacrier. We'll return to the values before September. This is just to see how the balancing works out.

We had to do this because of the state of how this revamp is going to dramatically increase HP and resistances. Tank skills scaled too well in light of this.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767510  Replies : 417  Views : 9567
posté Today - 03:43:53 | #2
Keep up the great feedback everyone!

In the beginning, we saw only one class able to truly be able to take advantage of multi-element builds: the Xelor. Hybrid builds were basically unheard of at the time otherwise. Now with more recent updates being rolled out, you find more interesting gameplay mechanics that encourage the player to weave from one element to the next as seen in the Feca and Sram revamps. And then within each branch there lies additional unique isolated mechanics that also make mono-elemental builds still interesting enough to explore.

The desire is to offer the same flexibility to all classes as your design team fleshes out each attributes that make all your favorite classes unique. For example after discussing some potential new Iop mechanics, I assure you there will be a lot more tactical thinking beyond just Jabs/Iop's Wrath spam, while still maintaining the Iop's close-combat brawler archetype.

The new Sram may feel a little overpowered in September. The goal will be to make every class just as interesting to bring unique advantages to your team compositions.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767288  Replies : 46  Views : 1317
posté Yesterday - 07:55:35 | #3
I suggested The Laughing Scythe because of the immense PvP amount of player stats it provided, not so much the summon power. The initiative and slightly larger HP pool came across as more useful to me, and the raw general damage it gave was also solid for non-summon damage.

As much as I like The Shovelone, I've gravitated away from less than 12 AP builds in almost any theorycrafted build I do. With the increased ease of obtaining AP Epic and Relic items come September, you should definitely be able to get one of each, especially if you are in the means to obtain The Shovelone in the first place.

Martus Shushu is nice for the control, but I seldom see a scenario in which you need more then 5-8 control. By that point dolls should be dying fairly frequently, and you should be focus on dealing damage or shielding on top of matters anyways. Too much control is seldom a necessity, is what I'm getting at. Especially with the cast limit on Doll Seed.

Arcus Shushu is probably your best PvM option for the range and reliable damages, including as you pointed out the higher summoner damage. You can provide better team support with this weapon as well because of that range.

• Mango

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #767009  Replies : 4  Views : 127
posté Yesterday - 07:20:58 | #4
These discussions seem a little premature given the Steam release around the corner, no? Steam does wonders for any game's population. Especially if any big-name streamers pick up the game or if the game ends up on the front page of the store (which is likely). I don't think new players from Steam's NA population will go to Remington.

If anything, if I was a newer player I would be more inclined to go somewhere at a face value less developed, therein a smaller population (on the discussion of small vs. medium population on the server selection list). Or the server with a small American flag next to its name.

Anyways from what I've seen, this all seems like a very minor exaggeration. There have been a plethora of newer faces on the forums, to which I can only assume directly correlates with a presence in-game as well.

At least so I would hope so.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767003  Replies : 53  Views : 865
posté August 27, 2014, 21:35:07 | #5
Equipment gains rune slots at earlier levels. More info on Friday.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766874  Replies : 9  Views : 387
posté August 27, 2014, 20:43:47 | #6
Hi all,

On this upcoming Friday night (EST), I need players who want to assist me with testing re-balanced mobs. You won't be rewarded for your assistance, but you'll have a direct line of influence to the Game Designers during the testing to provide feedback to tweak these mobs for the live servers.

If you're interested, download the Teamspeak 3 client and message either via my Ankabox or post below that you'd like to help.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766863  Replies : 417  Views : 9567
posté August 25, 2014, 04:38:40 | #7

Quote (boxghost @ 24 August 2014 17:00) *

Quote (kurokat @ 24 August 2014 16:11) *
This guide, as mentioned in it, is for the Sram after its September update. Therefore it is completely different than what you see currently in the live servers and can only be done on the Beta server with a Booster account.

- Kat

tthanks! i learned about the game being P2P, and the advantage of having booster XD

tso the september patch is all about sram? and game interface?

September will see that the Sram class is revamped to the specifications that I've outlined throughout my guide. Included in September is an overhaul to characteristics, equipment, and battle mechanics.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #766140  Replies : 13  Views : 674
posté August 25, 2014, 03:24:07 | #8
That's not really "Ankalogic". Quite a few games will allow you to equip an item that sustains itself. For example Path of Exile items can self-sustain if they have the stat you need in order to equip them.

Both of the big kit skill items after September will only have two anyways.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766132  Replies : 26  Views : 838
PvP
posté August 24, 2014, 20:16:42 | #9
Don't use the beta as an indicator of what it'll be like. For one, it's an entirely different community of players (the French) who typically have it out for players with NOX or REM in front of their names.

Two there's no consequences for being an ass on the beta server. Whereas on live servers, typically the repercussions of such actions is drama and slander. The beta is a temporary and lawless place where you can do whatever you want and return to your server as if nothing ever happened.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766068  Replies : 12  Views : 350
posté August 24, 2014, 11:57:11 | #10

Quote (Mikutza @ 23 August 2014 21:26) *
prepare for multibox rape

If I recall correctly, you won't be able to join scored PvP aggression battles with more than one character from the same IP.

Quote (Viliax @ 23 August 2014 23:22) *
When you're attacked, your stack of bonus PP from Prospecting Flask/Potion decreases by 1. So people who are unaware will lose more of those stacks when walking to / exiting a dungeon and getting attacked on the way. This will make people will then use up flasks faster even without the chance to drop anything in PvP. Therefore, profit for Ankama.

Then keep your PvP mode toggled off. Unless players are just trying to cause havoc (which they can do now and it would achieve the same exact thing) they should have no reason to attack you. This update doesn't change the fact.

Quote (FeldePard @ 24 August 2014 04:24) *
I know that people do different jobs there at your organization, but there are so many things that need fixed before you drop more into our laps anyway.

You're asking a lot of Ankama employees to simply not work then and hold off content, balancing, and other similar things to wait for the teams responsible for things like payment and support to do their job faster.

Ankama can't just magically teach all of its employees how to manage these issues and re-allocate all their resources to fix these faster. These new systems don't affect the rate at which broken things like support, payment, and inventory/bag wipes are fixed.

Right now PvP has no purpose. For being an active member of PvP in September (by keeping the PvP mode enabled) and gathering points by being both a target and initator of aggression, you can gather points and be rewarded unique rewards (e.g. special rank-requirement equipment that is balanced for PvM but gains additional effects in PvP).

And if you don't like PvP, then just keep the button toggled off. There's score decay anyways. People should get competitive over their ranks, and the players that are attacked constantly will be the ones expecting it since only enemies of similar level and rank can be worth points.

• Mango

Thread : News  Preview message : #765974  Replies : 55  Views : 1368
posté August 24, 2014, 11:43:03 | #11

Quote (Elithril @ 24 August 2014 09:33) *
Mango, will we get the 4th point for general stats at lvl 160 oder 175?

Capital points are obtained at levels 25, 75, 125, 175.

• Mango

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #765971  Replies : 515  Views : 22842
PvP
posté August 24, 2014, 11:32:33 | #12
There's nothing to get. If you attack players with their PvP disabled off, you're simply making an ass out of yourself.

The only thing this PvP update does is assign value to players who wish to be targets and initiators of aggression PvP. These players have a nice glowing symbol over their head. Attacking anyone without it is just instigating combat for no reason.

If you don't want to participate in PvP, this update gives people no more reason to attack you than before this update. Anybody who earnestly believes that this system actually encourages senseless PKing more than the game already has is foolish or misinformed.

PvP is not for everybody. Some people will try it out, and only those who are dedicated to it will keep their PvP button toggled on. By which time, they've likely gained enough points on the leaderboards that any new player who wants to gain points is also likely not worth any, despite having their PvP mode toggled on.

You only gain points for killing players of similar rank and level.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765969  Replies : 12  Views : 350
posté August 24, 2014, 04:50:22 | #13
This trend stops after Wabbit Island content (with insta-death stopping after Zwombbit content).

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765926  Replies : 16  Views : 562
posté August 24, 2014, 04:13:23 | #14
I politely ask that players be patient and refrain from continuing to discuss on the matter of these specific items until we've done necessary changes to make them more appealing. It's a lot of the same opinion which we're aware of and we'll review (especially concerning the Shushu weapons and their lackluster stats vs. time investment to create them).

I also have to ask that, as these are planned changes are not live yet, to be patient and await the new spell XP system before commenting on the state of tri-elemental vs. hybrid builds, since we would like the new spell XP system to roll out at the same time as these item changes. They will go hand-in-hand when reflecting on the state of player builds altogether.

It may even change a lot of your minds regarding your current builds (whether it be number of elements, or nature of spells).

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 24, 2014, 04:16:53.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765918  Replies : 417  Views : 9567
posté August 24, 2014, 04:05:01 | #15
Adding a WP to all level 100 craft weapons would only lead to complaints that their Shushu counterpart does not have WP. These kinds of decisions are rash and cause an unnecessary domino effect of re-balancing of items that were just re-balanced and that are largely acceptable in their current state sans a suggested buffs here and there. We don't have time for that.

There's no way to create a system to refund materials for players who crafted an item before a recipe alteration.

The level 100 weapons are perfectly strong for their level range in their current state. The Shushu weapons can use some attention and will likely see it before the September patch. Understand that WP has a fairly heavy weight and can result in diminishing stats, if that decision is considered.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 24, 2014, 04:10:26.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765915  Replies : 417  Views : 9567
posté August 24, 2014, 03:30:21 | #16

Quote (Hexot @ 24 August 2014 03:19) *
Then they have a lot of work to do making shushu more accessible... because right now they take an insane amount of work for 1 legendary weap.

They may be buffed/optimized to fit the difficulty of creating them, or the recipe can be looked into to make it more appropriate to its current values. Everything is tentative, but something will be done to make them more worth pursuing, I promise. Whether or not it helps current players using them though, is up to time to tell.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765911  Replies : 417  Views : 9567
posté August 24, 2014, 02:40:45 | #17

Quote (Starbux @ 24 August 2014 02:00) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 24 August 2014 01:31) *
Incidentally we can make them dual element instead of tri-element and they'd gain around 5-7% additional damage, pending we don't touch any other stats.

Every stat has weights, and we can't add somewhere without taking away. Every item has a capacity that they're currently designed around.

• Mango
Shouldn't the formula take into account the difficulty of crafting the weapon rather than just raw level and quality?

It seems to be an obvious flaw in the formula or maybe I'm missing something.

Quite the opposite. The difficulty of the craft is based on the level and the rarity, not the reverse where the power of the item is influenced with strange additional stats by the difficulty of the craft.

Hence why the cost to create the legendary 100 weapons was cut to a third of what they used to be.

Follow-up: The stats are tentative but for the most part they'll likely stay largely the same. Compared to drops 10 levels higher (the Kama Relaysword and the Bank Cards) they may seem similar but for specialized damage, the legendary items should be an optimization for some (but not all) builds. I recommend swapping for a legendary weapon or craft materials more suited for your build.

Overall, while it is possible to remove some weight and focus the items more for hybrid damage, it's unlikely that these items will be changed to facilitate that.

Future content will introduce legendary items that are not strictly of the guideline of three elements or general damage.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 24, 2014, 03:22:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765903  Replies : 417  Views : 9567
posté August 24, 2014, 02:34:32 | #18

Quote (kurokat @ 24 August 2014 00:12) *
They've already said that you will not be able to stat the +2 WP, that is just in the beta for now.

This was never communicated.

• Mango

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #765901  Replies : 515  Views : 22842
posté August 24, 2014, 01:40:15 | #19
Is it worth it to you guys? 5-7% extra damage for the item applying to only two elements instead of three?

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765884  Replies : 417  Views : 9567
posté August 24, 2014, 01:31:10 | #20
Incidentally we can make them dual element instead of tri-element and they'd gain around 5-7% additional damage, pending we don't touch any other stats.

Every stat has weights, and we can't add somewhere without taking away. Every item has a capacity that they're currently designed around.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765881  Replies : 417  Views : 9567