Brokonaut's profile
Statistics
783 Posts (1.22 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 07:27:04 | #1

Quote (KaiserdeEmperanaBeelzebubIV @ 22 September 2014 06:40) *
Thanks for that Amazing guide.

Thanks!

Slight changes made to the build. Taking % Missing HP Regenerated/Turn on the main build now.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #778845  Replies : 52  Views : 8006
posté Today - 06:22:52 | #2

Quote (AlabaPaulinho @ 21 September 2014 21:15) *
May I ask what will be the sequence of revamp

Pandawa are next. After that, it's tentative on a needs-the-most attention basis. No order is currently scheduled for classes in round two. That being said, the new design team plans to roll out revamps at a considerably faster rate than previously, considering the developers can follow up with the designers' ideas and each class revamp can be tested properly.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778832  Replies : 656  Views : 15961
posté Today - 05:50:23 | #3
It's typically a smarter move to finish up leveling one skill at a time. Sramystical should have been done at level 18. Passives are usually more powerful at their max level.

In the guide in the skill progression, it shows you the most important skills to level at the top. Follow that list from top to bottom.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #778823  Replies : 52  Views : 8006
posté Today - 00:24:06 | #4
Intelligence: Max Resists, dump +% Max HP. Optionally taking % Max HP Missing/Turn is a fairly good investment for five points as well, however unnecessary if you have a consistent healer with you.
Force: Evenly distribute among all four top choices.
Agility: Dump into Dodge.
Chance: Max Critical Hits, evenly distribute between Backstab Damage and Critical Hit Damage.
Major: AP, MP + Damage, Range + Damage.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #778740  Replies : 153  Views : 35836
posté Today - 00:21:20 | #5

Quote (boxghost360 @ 21 September 2014 12:24) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 21 September 2014 09:34) *
Most spells will work with Shadow Master but it's kind of the least important specialty to me. Everything else is pretty mandatory to actually bring this build together. But it's good nonetheless!

For Hemorrhage, First Blood + double Bled Dry is usually pretty fine for pure fire and double Trauma or Wily + Trauma works dandy for pure air, for elemental accuracy purposes.

Things will feel a little bit more fluid once you get to 9 AP. A lot more combos open up there.

• Mango
well since at lvl 75 ill be stating my 9th AP, ill be able to do those combo..
thanks a lot the help..

and also not sure if ill get a thork hammer(lvl75) to have 10ap, but it's only dual element weapon.. the next +ap tri element weapon is at lvl 90..

at lvl 80 restate ill finalize my passive build,

Don't be afraid to use dual-element gear as a tribrid. It doesn't hurt too much so long as it's only one or two pieces. If you're using the original build, focus water/fire. If you're using the modified build, focus water/air.

Quote (TorakoDesu @ 21 September 2014 21:33) *
Curious, I just made a Sram and haven't played Wakfu in over two years, so I'm quite rusty to say the least. Anyways, why do you suggest using the shin larva/imperial shin larva set over something like a tofu set? (In lower levels of course)

I haven't gone into the specifics of gear choice at early levels. I just listed viable item choices. I think at the very early levels I'd prefer Tofu set for the bonus MP (getting MP early on is really important).

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - September 22, 2014, 00:21:32.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #778739  Replies : 52  Views : 8006
posté Yesterday - 09:34:06 | #6
Most spells will work with Shadow Master but it's kind of the least important specialty to me. Everything else is pretty mandatory to actually bring this build together. But it's good nonetheless!

For Hemorrhage, First Blood + double Bled Dry is usually pretty fine for pure fire and double Trauma or Wily + Trauma works dandy for pure air, for elemental accuracy purposes.

Things will feel a little bit more fluid once you get to 9 AP. A lot more combos open up there.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #778483  Replies : 52  Views : 8006
posté September 20, 2014, 20:54:34 | #7

Quote (boxghost360 @ 20 September 2014 13:20) *
so i decided to make a sram, coz i screw up my build on my sac..
in two days i reach this lvl
am i doing it right?

Click here

i need help about combo
8ap 5mp
what i am doing is
1st turn
willy - fb - bled dry
2nd when near a monster
bled dry x2 - fb

when i reach 70+ weakness
wily + trauma

idk if am i doing it right can u help me utilize my ap/turn

Looks right so far. [Target: Wily] + [Target: Kleptosram] is a pretty good combo for dealing strictly damage (45 Weak Points). The following turn you can follow this up with [Self: Larceny] to have 6 MP, [Target: Invisibility] to remove their ability to lock if using Invisibility on yourself doesn't give you sufficient dodge to walk around them, followed by [Target: First Blood] + [Target: First Blood] to build to 85 Weak Points and finally [Target: Trauma]. That consumes 1 WP in the process since Trauma refunds one WP.

Regarding the question on spell levels, once a branch of elements is using more than 1/3rd of your total XP it causes leveling up any spell in that branch to cost twice as much spell XP. By doing a 2/2/2 build it ensures the most use of your spell XP without causing a branch to take up double. I believe 3/1/1 is possible and would use up all of your spell XP entirely. It's a tribrid build with max skills that allows you to take a third spell in a branch should your build rely on three spells in a single element.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #778343  Replies : 52  Views : 8006
posté September 20, 2014, 20:47:30 | #8
For single-enemy killing Hand, Line of Fire, Underhand, Aging, and Xelor's Punishment.
For AoE killing (which is pretty good right now) Hand, Temporal Dust, Underhand, Aging, and Xelor's Punishment.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #778341  Replies : 153  Views : 35836
posté September 19, 2014, 11:10:20 | #9

Quote (kurokat @ 19 September 2014 11:08) *
Updating your tri-brid guide with said changes?

- Kat

It's a fairly different build and my old build still has distinct advantages over this one (namely the inclusion of Forceful Blow). Thus I've put it in a post in the thread and will later reference that particular post when people ask what's different.

• Mango

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #777894  Replies : 23  Views : 1663
posté September 19, 2014, 10:59:20 | #10
In longer fights I wait out the thirty seconds if it's crucial that I'm not stabilized on that turn (especially impactful because of how frequently I use the teleportation spell Wily). Otherwise I take the anchors whenever it's convenient so that it's not forced on another ally or myself later on during combat, since I typically have enough MP and dodge to not have to absolutely rely on teleporting.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777891  Replies : 12  Views : 447
posté September 19, 2014, 10:56:57 | #11
Alt Build (Currently Using)

These are alterations used for an alternative build that a guild mate named Melon created (with a few further changes made by myself). I personally have been greatly enjoying it so far, and you can too with some slight alterations.

◘ Unlevel Execution. Put the points into Bled Dry instead.
◘ Unlevel Forceful Blow. Put the points into Trauma instead.
◘ Keep water tree as is.
◘ In the Intelligence tree, take five points out of +% Max HP and put them into % Max HP Regenerated/Turn.
◘ In the Agility tree, dump Dodge after you have enough Lock. Neglect Initiative.
◘ In the Chance tree, still max out Critical Hits but then evenly distribute points between Critical Hit Damage and Backstab Damage.
Watch me play it here.

This build is a little less flexible without Forceful Blow, but Hemorrhage is superior for single-target sustained damage over a period of time. Trauma is also significantly easier to use compared to Execution.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #777887  Replies : 52  Views : 8006
posté September 19, 2014, 10:52:19 | #12
Yes, my alternate build now incorporates Hemorrhage. I enjoy it greatly and find it much more efficient.

• Mango

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #777885  Replies : 23  Views : 1663
posté September 17, 2014, 20:51:36 | #13
The recommendation to not use Execution was relative to their specific build prior to suggesting my particular build. But if I had the option to (e.g. was not going tribrid) I wouldn't take Execution and would opt for Trauma nine times out of ten.

I'm basically stuck with Execution as a means of a 2-2-2 spell build.

• Mango

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #777163  Replies : 23  Views : 1663
posté September 16, 2014, 06:24:34 | #14
May I recommend a Tribrid build.

The build is feasible starting at level six, with a Wodent or Adventurer set.

• Mango

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #776430  Replies : 23  Views : 1663
posté September 16, 2014, 03:36:07 | #15

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 16 September 2014 03:15) *
What about a chance for the whole relic to drop? (I want my PDB already.)

-Rizarealm

This only exists in Hardcore dungeons. Only Asse Shield, Harry Boots, Dark Vlad's Epaulettes, Flaxhid's Talisman, Souleater, and Golden Keychain can drop whole.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776390  Replies : 11  Views : 496
posté September 16, 2014, 00:13:14 | #16

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 16 September 2014 00:02) *
There's nobody to kill you have to actively spend time running from map to map most of the time finding nobody at all to fight

This might be more of a problem with our server than the rest, since we're in the third least populated server in the game.

There are clear problems with the PvP system which I also agree with everybody on. Beyond the already mentioned problems, you can fit all of Dathura's PvPers in each nation in the top two ranks. Aerafal doesn't have this issue because of their sheer population and I believe neither Nox or Remington will have this issue either in the long run because of the English population boom, thanks to F2P changes, Wakfu on Netflix, and the impending Steam release.

When it comes to awesome items, I personally believe Wakfu needs tough QUESTS with major rewards at the end that you can select from (say one choice out of three, character bound items). Not farming something you've already farmed countless times praying on a drop rate or waiting on tokens.

But that's just my thought.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776345  Replies : 163  Views : 3651
posté September 15, 2014, 23:54:08 | #17
I'm going to come in here and offer actual input on the conversation instead of side-commentary now.

For a long time now I've advocated to the designers regarding the power imbalance between fresh level cap players and players who have had time to optimize their equipment and everything while at level cap. Between the sheer difficulty of obtaining a Relic, to the rune system, some players were far beyond the power that someone who had just reached the same level would be at. To the point where it felt like they were artificially padding their character in power.

Players often couldn't challenge endgame content without first obtaining artifacts of power that often came from that endgame content. For the players who couldn't bother to optimize their teams to avoid the tedium that was strategy, they usually had no chance at the content. I have to remind you guys that this is a strategy game. However you only need strategy to make up for power. The weaker your team is, the more strategy you need to win.

Even runes are not as impactful as they were before because of the final resist and new lock/dodge systems. The runed player should always prevail (hence the price of min/max) but it isn't by any means necessary anymore.

This update takes away how much power you need to prevail over the toughest encounters, but I still find myself thinking away throughout these engagements. The people who have watched my streams know that it isn't completely breezing through these fights. Sometimes I need to stop what I'm saying and put on my thinking cap so my team doesn't die, or so I don't die.

Ultimately, Wakfu's meta is moving towards PvP, politics, war, and the other sandbox elements of the game that bring a larger crowd of people together (more to be discussed on that in the coming months). But PvP gear is the new grind. There will always be some content for the most devout players of Wakfu. However that place will not be Relics and it will not be runeing equipment.

Maybe in the future we can have tough PvM content again. Because now thanks to this update, we can assume that your average endgame player has at least a Relic, and content can be adapted towards that fact.

All-in-all accessibility is good for the longevity of a game. The game does need tougher PvM content but in its current state the engagements offer plenty of difficulty for players that aren't quite at the level yet to breeze past them.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - September 15, 2014, 23:57:10.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776333  Replies : 163  Views : 3651
posté September 15, 2014, 20:37:52 | #18
Don't take both. Trauma is far superior. Drop Execution for Bled Dry.

• Mango

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #776253  Replies : 23  Views : 1663
posté September 14, 2014, 21:42:53 | #19
Just a bug. They aren't supported to be able to reduce damage completely to zero. Only damage mitigation of up to 50% at a time.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775876  Replies : 7  Views : 421
posté September 14, 2014, 21:11:23 | #20

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 14 September 2014 20:57) *

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 14 September 2014 20:23) *
It is only being obtained too easily for those who run many accounts as they can easily spam these dungeons, unfortunately usual players are not able to farm relics like that yet.
Its funny, cause token system was implemented to help solo accouters.
Yet it changed nothing.

The only thing it did, was break the economy.

I agree with your second statement, but I'd wager that it's helped the solo-accounter as well.

I'm a solo boxer and this is the last 2 1/2 days of farming and trading more or less all on stream. Fragments were made far more accessible to me by trade since the price drove down. Guild mates helped a ton too, but not without a tremendous amount of effort on my own too. While they dropped fragments left and right with each run, at the very least I saw some personal progress with each dungeon clear yielding me some tokens for a fragment at a time.

I think there is an issue where content is a little too easy right now and everyone is able to mass farm. The bonus XP/drops event bolsters this fact. A guild member completed two linked Harry Boots in 23 hours.

There isn't a place that the casual player can't reach anymore.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775867  Replies : 163  Views : 3651