Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Brokonaut's profile
Statistics
1221 Posts (1.53 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 05:35:41 | #1
FAREWELL TO AN ICON! GG Troyle. It's about time for the community to gather together for a moment to set aside our grievances and our anger and spite, and bid farewell to one of the most iconic figures of our time in Wakfu.

I speak none other than our resident French Ryan Gosling, Troyle. GG Troyle, and best of luck wherever your journeys take you next. I hope that you'll be able to find a moment here and there in the future to stop by and say hi to whoever is still around in our old community.

o7

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #833810  Replies : 47  Views : 860
posté February 25, 2015, 15:25:32 | #2
What triggers this bug? I've never seen it before and I've been playing a ton lately.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #833639  Replies : 4  Views : 210
posté February 25, 2015, 05:27:14 | #3
Disregarding timezones, Remington has a larger total server population but has a lower percentage of English speakers than Nox. You will run into more people in Remington but you're also far more likely to run into other languages.

Incorporating timezone, if your primary hours of play are during the evening and night EST, Nox is a much better option for you. But if you're more likely to play during the day (also EST) Remington is a pretty good option as well. It comes down to your timezone that should decide where you want to play.

Phaeris is also a good option if you prefer playing in the morning EST (that would be their evening).

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 25, 2015, 05:27:39.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #833540  Replies : 8  Views : 203
posté February 24, 2015, 15:22:41 | #4

Quote (LoreChief @ 23 February 2015 21:57) *
Thanks for explaining these horrible mechanics! Can't wait for a rogue revamp..

Anyways, my bomberman has been in Kano's Dojo for upwards of 8 months. Do you know if bomb/firewall damage is capable of breaking position-based challenges? I know with my Osa, any elements my pets use do not break element challenges because pets = summons, is that the same with bombs & the fire challenge?

Also, what server do you play on? Someone in my guild mentioned you were on Phaeris, but that might be another Mango..

Yes, they will break position based challenges! If a challenge asks you to kill all enemies with backstab, you must detonate the bomb behind the enemy to succeed it on the killing blow. Likewise enemies dying from the Firewall from afar can fail the melee challenge.

I do play on Phaeris now. I've been with this server for close to 6 or 7 months now.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #833347  Replies : 3  Views : 140
posté February 23, 2015, 17:57:07 | #5
[Tip] Understanding Bomb Localization This is more of a meta tip than anything else, but it can greatly improve how you understand the logistics of your bombs and more importantly, localization of damages.

When I talk about localization of damages, what I'm talking about is the location of where the damage source is incoming in correlation to the recipient of the damages.

Bombs are an interesting thing of note in that they are treated as a summon, however the Firewall that they create when three or more bombs are placed linear and within two cells of one another is treated as the player's glyph (and not the bomb's).

That being said, a bomb has its own localization. If it detonates behind the target, it will deal backstab damage. If it detonates in front, it will deal front stab damage. However with the Firewall, localization is relative to the current position of the Rogue. If an enemy walks through a Firewall facing away from the Rogue, the Firewall will incur backstab damage. If they are walking towards the Rogue through the Firewall, it'll be counted as frontstab damage. The location of the bombs themselves do not affect the localization of Firewall damage.

While bombs and the Firewall do not benefit from the x1.1 and x1.25 multiplier of sidestab and backstab respectively, they are still counted as such against enemies that resist damage by localization, such as Lenalds and some bosses like Robowl.

Don't be a dimwit against these enemies!

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #833013  Replies : 3  Views : 140
posté February 23, 2015, 17:38:25 | #6
[Tip] Rogue vs. Robowl

Remote Control can make activating all the special tiles at the beginning of phase three a simple procedure, reducing worry of subsequent party members having to take care of it as they go by a somewhat large margin.

Be a pal today.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #833005  Replies : 0  Views : 97
posté February 23, 2015, 16:25:30 | #7

Quote (Matty-Ragez @ 23 February 2015 16:19) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 23 February 2015 16:11) *
Probably go through the next turn
lol maybe XD

How much damage could all that totally up to with a good air rogue? o.o

You're only allowed to refund 3 AP a turn with Rogue Master air spells (total for 44 AP worth of Slap Shot). Scoring 44 critical hits in a row would result in 1188 base damage.

For comparison Pulsar would crit with 41 AP for 1056 base damage (with a 40% chance to inflict a 422.4 base damage Surprise Shot) for 1478.4 base damage.

But against these resistances, the enemy would be overkilled after the first Slap Shot. Plus unless you're being buffed by Meteor Armor and Fleahopper the likelihood of scoring 44 critical hits is somewhat minimal in contrast to one critical hit (which I failed to display). This also doesn't take into consideration that Slap Shot cannot be cast after Fusillade has been triggered.

But in hypotheticals...!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832978  Replies : 51  Views : 2023
posté February 23, 2015, 15:58:17 | #8

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 23 February 2015 15:52) *
that means he also had 12 mp? or do you get mp x2? (in which case why did you pump ap instead of mp using a drhellzerker?)

It might be possible you're misinterpreting Fusillade.

Fusillade does not convert MP into AP. What it does is immediately reduces your MP to zero, and increases your turn AP by your maximum base AP (this will never exceed 12).

Increasing a Rogue's MP prior to this will not affect Fusillade's AP gain. The amount of AP you gain from Fusillade is 100% entirely affected by the Rogue's max AP and this is not retroactive. I gained 12 AP and not 29 AP when I used Fusillade at the beginning of my turn because my regular base AP before entering combat is 12 AP.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832961  Replies : 51  Views : 2023
posté February 23, 2015, 15:48:22 | #9

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 23 February 2015 15:41) *
h... how did the rogue get 41 ap? something doubled base ap?

In order:

12 AP base.
16 AP after Bomber Fan detonations.
21 AP after Temporal Acceleration.
27 AP after Feca Staff Glyph(s).
29 AP after Enthusiasm (speed bonus).
41 AP after Fusillade.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832956  Replies : 51  Views : 2023
posté February 23, 2015, 14:21:34 | #10

Quote (Brokonaut @ 18 February 2015 13:51) *
Even so, we've determined that in the next episode, we should try a critical Fusillade Pulsar with added AP, which would have well over double the base of that Execution.

No critical hit, and we didn't have an Eliotrope to test this on (we couldn't be arsed for the Masqueraider to stack the Psychopath mask and maintain the stacks with the Crolk a mile away).

But even then, things worked out in the end.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832913  Replies : 51  Views : 2023
posté February 23, 2015, 14:18:10 | #11
The Firewall damage is relative to the distance between the Rogue and the enemy walking through it. As the enemy steps through the Firewall, so long as they are at least 3 cells or further away from the Rogue after the movement the Firewall benefits from distance damage.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #832911  Replies : 3  Views : 236
posté February 22, 2015, 05:41:11 | #12
This thread is a constant reminder to me of how uncreative I am.

Lots of kudos to all the people who shared in this thread. Really nice screenshots.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832649  Replies : 27  Views : 1255
posté February 22, 2015, 05:37:53 | #13
This should help anybody understand the spell XP system in-depth.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832648  Replies : 13  Views : 403
posté February 21, 2015, 15:03:44 | #14
Lock works well in almost all endgame dungeons. If you think it doesn't, you are absolutely doing something wrong. If you're going to try to argue this, you're a brick wall.

I've seen lock used in everything. Even HC Robowl, a dungeon four guilds in Aerafal and I have cleared and that's it. It's relevant everywhere, and you're being extremely stubborn because you can't accept being wrong. You disregarded two prime examples of the hardest things I've accomplished so far, but I felt I didn't need to mention it works effectively in all dungeons, including the HC Vertox example you pulled.

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 21, 2015, 15:04:20.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832450  Replies : 53  Views : 1580
posté February 21, 2015, 00:45:16 | #15
I've not only seen but I've also used lock effectively to clear some of the latest content and challenges.

I would not have been able to do HC Srambad boss first or Classic Robowl boss first without a very strong locker.

I agree with Gynrei in this discussion.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832323  Replies : 53  Views : 1580
posté February 18, 2015, 13:54:49 | #16

Quote (ReiYano @ 18 February 2015 11:18) *
Click here

seriously tho where is this "boris eca" I need to drop about 6 of these

This was formerly a quest item obtained during the Black Crow UB questline, back when they required obtaining a special item before they were allowed to be fought. It would appear in the quest item tab.

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #831433  Replies : 39  Views : 1904
posté February 18, 2015, 13:51:27 | #17
It takes around four turn cycles of preparation. We had lowered the Eniripsa to around 24% HP but didn't take into account that during the time in which they would dump their resistances they'd regen a good deal of it back. In hindsight, a Drhellzerker would probably be able to dump their resists to minimum cap (-5.3 million) before regenerating back over 35%.

Even so, we've determined that in the next episode, we should try a critical Fusillade Pulsar with added AP, which would have well over double the base of that Execution.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831432  Replies : 51  Views : 2023
posté February 18, 2015, 02:03:39 | #18

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831358  Replies : 51  Views : 2023
posté February 17, 2015, 23:25:31 | #19
Friendly bump. Should probably be pinned - this is phenomenal for knowledge seekers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831321  Replies : 20  Views : 767
posté February 16, 2015, 00:46:29 | #20

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 16 February 2015 00:29) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 15 February 2015 19:29) *
[. . .]
"But the gear would ultimately be inadequate for most of the endgame players"

I thought Ankama was focusing less and less on endgame players and more on casual, new players. So who cares?

"... and it's content that's only accessible once a week."

Then why not remove UB's all together?

What is Mt. Zinit? I was too high level to play that once it was released. I'm sure beginners are enjoying it? I wouldn't know.

Also, what is the raid dungeon?

The game needs progressive content. UBs are not a good example of progressive content (they do offer good gear at their ranges, but once a week engagements for one reward per six weeks really inhibits this). But they've been in the game for such a long time and offer such a staple set of gear at their levels that it doesn't make much sense to MobileArena.exe them.

Mt. Zinit is the primary story of the Wakfu MMO. It is temporarily removed. The actual game (read: game not lore) story revolves around obtaining all 12 artifacts (things like the Bow of Pwodding) and using them to ascend the mountain and face Ogrest at the very top. These primary quests that are major XP markers for the game often reward the player with these artifacts. To fit 12 artifact quests throughout the 1-200 range would develop a decent progression for the player with relatively small level ranges between major quests to explore/grind content. This would definitely establish a clearer direction for players to rise through the levels. The Kelba questline will sit in a spot between The Wild Estate & Jellix Island.

The Raid dungeon is a new type of endgame instance (separate from UBs or HC dungeons). A series of bosses will lead you to a final boss of the Raid. The exact mechanics of how the Raid will operate (number of players, timespan, etcetera) is yet to be announced.

Edit: I would really like to see an extensive primary questline with an artifact that starts at level 25 and rewards around 5 levels, ending the player right at the respec level if they complete the questline on time.

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 16, 2015, 00:51:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #830681  Replies : 40  Views : 986