No flash

Brokonaut's profile
Statistics
608 Posts (1.04 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 16:19:48 | #1

Quote (TimeKami @ 26 July 2014 21:49) *
I don't get the new "Aging" leveling guide... Can you explain like im 5? :p

When you're fine-tuning your spell XP in the distribution menu during a respec, you want Aging to be any of the levels that I listed. Because those are the levels in which the damage per 10 initiative burn increase. It's the third priority spell to have at a high level after Underhand and Xelor's Punishment in the air branch. If after leveling it to one of the thresholds you find yourself without any spell XP remaining, de-level it seven or eight levels to the previous thresholds and use the regained spell XP to sprinkle to other spells for additional bonus mastery.

Quote (Gynrei @ 28 July 2014 14:32) *
Is the Apothecloakery a Srambad HC boss drop only?

I believe so, yes.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #757986  Replies : 144  Views : 27586
posté Today - 16:16:17 | #2
If you're beating him in Classic mode now with the bug prevalent, the likelihood is that there's a 99% chance you're going to win after he's fixed too. The fix is not major, nor is the bug. All I've said was that he's a bit messed up and that affects every encounter with him (some more than others). He will be appropriately fixed during tonight's maintenance.

Classic mode is not that difficult. Don't pull the rug out from one another's feet for this because it's not something that decides whether or not a team is winning. Perhaps in HC mode, but that would be it.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757985  Replies : 76  Views : 1708
posté July 26, 2014, 17:28:44 | #3

Quote (IceeeDz @ 25 July 2014 13:44) *
Hi Mango,

First of all, thanks for this guide, I think it made some really good Xelors, but some of us are already reaching end-game and now it's the time to talk about end-game gear, to be more specific, epics and relics!!

You posted a end-game build here one time:
Old Perfect Equips
But I don't think it's the perfect gear. There are better relics then P.D. Belt for example.

I don't know if you made some calculations to decide which relic use, to see if a Nettlez will give more damage/turn in a 10 AP build, or PDBelt in a 12 AP build.

Some fast calculations in a Tock turn, spells lvl 150 (sorry if I made some mistakes, no time to check it).

12 AP Build + 3 Timekeeper + 3 Rollback + 2 Devotion = 20 AP turn
2 Punishment (2*117 base dmg) + 2 Hand (2*102 base dmg) = 438 base damage

10 AP build + 3 Timekeeper + 3 Rollback + 2 Devotion = 18 AP turn
2 Punishment (2*117 base damage) + 2 LoF (2*76 base damage) = 386 base damage

The difference is 52 base damage, which is 13,5% of a 20AP turn.
Let's assume a 700% elemental damage in a 12 AP build and a boss with 400% resist.

12 AP damage = 438*(1+(700%-400%)) = 1752

A 10 AP build with 754% will cause same damage:

10 AP damage = 386*(1+(754%-400%)) = 1752

So if a Nettlez build gives 54% more elemental damage than a 12 AP build, both build would cause same damage in a 400% resist monster. For higher resists than 400%, a 10 AP build (754% elemental dmg) will be better, and for lower resists, a 12 AP build will be better.

We can put the turning point (in this case, 400% monster resist) at other point, and calculate for a 11 AP build too, and use real elemental damages with the right equips.

A Tick Turn with 20 AP seems waaaay better (2 Aging, 2 Hand, 2 LoF) than a 18 AP turn, and that's probably the best setup.

But what would be the best items to achieve it? Thanks =)

The strongest, most powerful possible equipment build, as of this time and date?

Hat: Tormented Helmet
Epaulettes: The Veiled Souls' Shadows
Cape: The Apothecloakery
Breastplate: Souleater
Ring 1: The Wa's Seal
Ring 2: Dragon Pig Bandage
Weapon: Arcus Shushu
Belt: Ponktius' Belt
Boots: Woboots
Emblem: Shushu Emblem (air)
Pet: Tofu

However many of these items are extremely difficult to obtain. It's highly unrealistic to list this kind of set to anybody but the top 5% of players.

I wouldn't recommend anything less than a 12 AP build for a Xelor looking to absolutely optimize. But the common man would be more likely to achieve this with a Powerful Dazzling Belt, Solomonk, or Gelano.

Something relatively more budget that would be adequate for endgame encounters would look like:

Hat: Wa Wabbit's Crown
Epaulettes: Wa Wabbit's Epaulettes
Cape: Wa Wabbit's Cloak
Breastplate: Zwombbit Torso
Weapon: Rogmourne/Hushed Scepter/Twin-Pwonged Cawwot
Off-Hand: Cawwot Powniard
Belt: Powerful Dazzling Belt
Boots: Boney Zwombbit Paws
Emblem: Xelor Emblem

Hat: Solomonk
Belt: Ponktius Belt

Hat: Tormented Helmet
Ring 2: Gelano
Belt: Ponktius Belt

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #757511  Replies : 144  Views : 27586
posté July 26, 2014, 16:28:06 | #4

Quote (XHakenX @ 26 July 2014 15:00) *
Sillie it's nice to say u have beaten the dungeon but please be kind and unlike other players who just keep valuable information to themselves exploiting bugs while they can and hoarding more power to themselves share ur thoughts and ur strats to beating this dungeon so we can all enjoy ~ I am hoping u will start to share more and monopolize less

It's as NillaSteph had said. There are no huge gimmicks to this fight. It's knowing the mechanics of the battle, adapting to situations, and preventing the hugely debilitating death-effects of the side mobs from destroying your team. An FAQ to the encounter can be found here. RNG is of relatively little factor in this battle.

Quote (Asthis @ 26 July 2014 15:19) *
So what does the boss supposed to do in phase 2 and 3? If he skips his turn a couple times, what are we, as players, supposed to do about that?

As far as what players are supposed to do: nothing. Continue to do the encounter in spite of this. If he passes a few turns, then big whoop. He still acts correctly for the other 90% of the battle. Come next hotfix, this should be rectified. On the Beta server in our tests, he is working perfectly now and no longer passes his turn.

Just farm him as is, for the time being.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757490  Replies : 76  Views : 1708
posté July 24, 2014, 23:26:57 | #5
It does not matter what I think. If people abused Shushu 1, then so be it. Me shouting hearsay or vindicating them will not change this. If people are punished, it's by Ankama's merit. I only try to communicate what I think is best, but my personal opinion reflects my own thoughts and shouldn't be taken at a value greater than anyone else's in our community. Everyone accusing one another of various misdemeanors does not facilitate for a congruent community, which I think we should be striving for.

I do have good news though. Developer [ExiT3D] has discovered the source of Shushu 2's bug. As I had mentioned in my previous post, the way his AI breaks is not influenced by players at all. It is a glitch in his coding. We'll be testing to make sure he is working properly tomorrow on the Beta server.

• Mango

Edit: That being said, everyone who has cleared Shushu 2 at this time has experienced the bug. It's unavoidable and triggers during Phase 2 and persists through Phase 3, where he will not play certain rounds or act especially unusual.

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - July 25, 2014, 00:02:03.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756970  Replies : 76  Views : 1708
posté July 24, 2014, 23:06:47 | #6
The developers and Ankama are fully aware that Flaxhid is bugged in P2/P3, and yes it's bug abuse to kill him abusing that fact. HOWEVER I do not think there are plans to punish people who complete the fight in spite of this.

There is a difference between this and Dragon Pig's bug abuse. In Dragon Pig, the players directly influenced the abuse of Dragon Pig's AI. In this, there is no helping it if Flaxhid's AI decides to break. It is on the fault of Ankama and there's little that can be done by the player to avoid the fact should it happen.

With this in mind, Ankama does plan to shut down Flaxhid's instance across all servers to fix this bug in the very near future. Kill him while you can, and if he bugs out then it's really whatever.

Regarding Shushu 1, there are plans to limit the battle. While his base HP was buffed, there was a noticeable nerf on him to compensate as well. All this considered, all Shushu encounters past, present, and future will be limited by the same mechanic once implemented.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756967  Replies : 76  Views : 1708
posté July 24, 2014, 03:04:01 | #7

Quote (LowWide @ 24 July 2014 01:50) *
Evenin',
I play 2 characters, an Iop, earth element, mainly use Ravage, and a water element Eni.
Should i use the close combat Drago, or the AoE one on the Iop? Is Ravage boosted by AoE, or by CC?
And for the Eni, a Precision one, because I heal on 1 target, or range, because heal spells are on range?

Shaker is melee/precision.
Rocknoceros is ranged/precision.
Impact is ranged/AoE.
Charge is melee/precision.
Devastate is melee/AoE.

Healing Word is ranged/precision.
Invigorating Word is ranged/AoE.
Revitalizing Word is ranged/AoE.
Renewing Word is ranged/precision.
Fortifying Word is ranged/precision.

With certainty, take ranged for the Eniripsa. Your choice on the Iop depends on your build. For example if you're Shaker and Devastate, melee is the obvious choice.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756678  Replies : 6  Views : 250
posté July 23, 2014, 06:39:51 | #8
The stats are not final.

The mount will constitute a Relic slot.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756325  Replies : 192  Views : 8637
posté July 22, 2014, 23:32:34 | #9
Do you really need your hand held though? Some players in Nox cleared it today and they are certainly not full-runed, nor do I believe they brought an Ecaflip with them to rely on such luck.

I explained every single mechanic in that thread as well as the solution to harm him. If you can't kill him at that point, the problem is with you, not the content.

Not to mention, they are apparently shutting him down soon due to some AI issues causing him to not act properly (hint: that means get your Epic AP ring while you can).

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756209  Replies : 14  Views : 627
posté July 22, 2014, 14:02:23 | #10
Hello. There will be a spreadsheet up at some point this week showing the properties of each spell. To answer some of your questions:

1. Melee damage are spells that are cast in the melee zone (0-1 range) or in some special exceptions, land the user in melee range (Charge & Super Iop Punch on the Iop tree). Not all spells of similar nature follow this rule, however (Sacrier's Fist in the Sacrier tree is ranged).

2. Both!

3. Yes, depending on the spell.

5. No, that would be cruel to the Dragoturkey...

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756018  Replies : 7  Views : 214
posté July 20, 2014, 05:18:54 | #11
The title is misleading. Summoner Osamodas are vastly improved in the late game with this change, where they currently fall off due to summons' lack of presence in PvM battles and the summoner's lackluster stats to summon them in the first place.

I'll be streaming a showcase on Monday demonstrating what new endgame summoner Osamodas are capable of (since as of right now, they are borderline capable of nothing).

• Mango

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #755379  Replies : 15  Views : 944
posté July 17, 2014, 20:52:53 | #12

Quote (Elithril @ 17 July 2014 12:58) *
Lalalala..

If it doesn't take place soon, some questions surely got outdated. Having outdated question be answered wouldn't be very interesting.

I don't wanna complain Mango, it's really nice you gave us the opportunity to get our questions anwsered (unlike in Ankamas official thread, sadly) and i just would like to know if there is a new date or if it looks like Exi and Dy7 don't want to have a working day long enough to fit into your time schedule.

PS: Although i doubt that questions still can be added - why there are updates for all weapons except Azaels Twin daggers? We get all elemental lvl 150 weapons of all kinds, except a dagger to replace the bloodthirsty.

We'll review the questions list and I'll add that to the list. It's hard because all of us are working daily, and on top of that we need our translator (who is our very own Sabi) to also be available at the same time. That's four very busy people, one in California, one in New York, and the other two in Belgium and France.

We're all still in contact, but there's no definitive time that this can take place. We'll see what we can do. In the worst case scenario, there won't be a live interview and the answers will just be written out in text and posted either here or the Dev Q&A.

Sorry everybody!

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754757  Replies : 57  Views : 1891
posté July 16, 2014, 01:35:41 | #13

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 16 July 2014 00:20) *
Tommy here, I'll come on and say hi Thanks for helping out the community! Voice is sooo nice for dungeons/ub's and harder mobs, and just generally to make new friends. Tyvm!

Question though: is there a way I can use it for free? Their site makes it look like I need to pay for Teamspeak 2 or 3, and says the classic one is retired.

You can download TS3 for free here.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754323  Replies : 14  Views : 776
posté July 15, 2014, 23:12:59 | #14

Quote (Pokiehls @ 13 July 2014 10:02) *
Hey, great job Mango.
I've been following your videos/twitch for quite some time, since it's so rare to have a player sharing videos of the high-end content of the game.

Hopefully we can always count on you to bring this kind of material to us, keep up the nice work.

Glad to have your support. Thanks for the kind comments.

Quote (Gynrei @ 15 July 2014 14:50) *
I'm very glad you hid this topic here. It'll get less attention and that's good because i'm worried for my Ecaflip. People will watch those videos and assume that is normal and react accordingly.

You obviously do not get that lucky in every fight but people will not see that. You are using top end gear some of which is not released, runes, and on a beta server with some different game mechanics in play.

Ecaflip is my favorite class because they are so unpredictable but capable of so much at times. That is fun and it's hard to come by in Wakfu.

I swear Mango... if you get my Ecaflip nerfed I will cry for like a day.

tldr: Nice vids^^, a pleasure as always.

Only a day?

Only my Flaxhid/Mihmol the Impaler videos are using unreleased gear. But in all the other videos, the Ecaflip I'm using is using live server equipment with live server runes. As far as different mechanics go, the only notable one is the resistance mechanics alteration, which for all intents and purposes is a nerf for players and a buff for enemies (more enemies with 50%+ general final resistance).

In any case, thanks for the comment. I hope they don't nerf Ecaflip! I was so heartbroken to see that you couldn't double Fleeches anymore.

Quote (Sargent-Wiggest @ 15 July 2014 14:52) *
Thanks for sharing

I hope you keep updating this thread

As always Sted.

• Mango

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #754302  Replies : 8  Views : 563
posté July 15, 2014, 22:58:30 | #15
Say what you want, Vampyro was one of the most exciting and thrilling battles of Wakfu, and I'm absolutely elated to know that it's going to have a Hardcore variation.

New UBs are going to cater to the 'typical endgame wank' anyways so... I don't care too much either way so long as the mechanic designs are interesting enough.

After all, we already get new high level content at a pretty decent rate. It's just not as exciting because you know what's coming with Flaxhid/Mihmol the Impaler and Cledus the Keykeeper/Unlocker.

Needless to say, I really do also want to see more Dofus-lore related battles. There are many, many bosses from Dofus that I feel would make for terrific bosses in this game as well.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754298  Replies : 20  Views : 480
posté July 15, 2014, 22:51:54 | #16

Quote (Brokonaut @ 12 July 2014 15:41) *
It drops from either Classic Flaxhid the Impaler or Hardcore Mihmol the Impaler at the standard legendary 0.2% drop rate. I can confirm this, as we killed both forms last night. It has four variants for each element, and which one you drop is completely random. All four variations are in the loot table.

• Mango

Here to correct myself since [Dy7] pointed out I was wrong here. It's a 0.5% drop chance in Classic mode (+3 spell levels, random element) and a 0.75% drop chance in HC mode.

Quote (Nox16 @ 15 July 2014 00:56) *
i was on the french forum as one does and i was reading about how the next beta update may have the sram revamp in it? I dont know how true it is but sorta felt i should say something here.... #sramhype

Beta perhaps. But as far as live servers go, due to Grou's departure it's most likely to be delayed for revision.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754297  Replies : 192  Views : 8637
posté July 12, 2014, 19:52:58 | #17

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 12 July 2014 19:39) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 12 July 2014 16:57) *

The Tests:

Iop's Wrath with AoE Emblem = success.
Iop's Wrath with Melee Emblem = success.
Iop's Wrath with Ranged Emblem = failed.
Iop's Wrath with Precision Emblem = failed.

Judgment with Ranged Emblem = failed. Target was 3 cells away.

Die Alright with Melee Emblem = failed. Target was 1 cell away.
Heads or Tails with Melee Emblem = failed. Target was 1 cell away.
Don't you mean AOE, Melee, Ranged, and Precision Dragoturkeys, not emblems?

-Rizarealm

The Dragoturkeys/steeds on the beta server are level 0 upon obtaining them, and so they give no bonus to the stats. To facilitate testing, there are special emblems in the Almanax machine which subtract 100% general damage from all of your elements but give 200% damage in one of the four new unique stats.

These emblems are not for the live server and the only purpose they serve right now is to test the stats.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753475  Replies : 61  Views : 1932
posté July 12, 2014, 18:35:50 | #18

Quote (cbunny @ 12 July 2014 18:06) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 12 July 2014 15:45) *

Quote (JoolsX @ 12 July 2014 12:00) *
What exactly do the mounts do? Is there a breeding system like in Dofus where different colours give different stats, or is it a fixed stat like a pet?

When you complete the quest, you're given one token to purchase one of the basic Dragoturkey mounts. By default, they give 25% movement speed boost, and as you level them (they level up just like a pet, and eat Wheat Grain) they slowly give you more and more of one in four new stats (Single Target Damage, AoE Damage, Melee Damage, Ranged Damage). Which one you choose completely depends on your class, build, and playstyle. There is no breeding system.

• Mango
Do you know how to get the Steeds? The bigger Dts?
Do they level up into them, or do they have to be bought?
I'd really like to know xD

As of right now, we do not know. However since basic Dragoturkies cost one token to purchase from a special DT machine by the quest giver, the assumption is that in the future there will be more ways to obtain these DT tokens and the Dragosteeds may cost more tokens from the same machine. Just a hunch.

Keep in mind guys, we may see these stats on gear other than mounts in the future. The stat would serve as an extraneous damage modifier much like how backstab damage and critical hit damage are complimentary to elemental and general damages. Lighter stat weight for more specialized gear pieces.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - July 12, 2014, 18:36:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753461  Replies : 61  Views : 1932
posté July 12, 2014, 16:57:07 | #19
Die Alright is not an AoE skill. Some spells will fall into more than one category. Die Alright, despite hitting more than one target, only targets one cell in the initial cast. The Xelor spell Hand on Tock and Eniripsa's Invigorating Word do the same - they bounce. But you only target one cell with them initially, and that makes them precision.

You need to choose the Dragoturkey that best fits your playstyle. If I was a Fire Sacrier, I would pick melee. If Air Sacrier, I would pick precision. If air/fire Sacrier, again I would pick precision (since the only fire spell that wouldn't benefit from it is Burning Blood).

The Tests:

Iop's Wrath with AoE Emblem = success.
Iop's Wrath with Melee Emblem = success.
Iop's Wrath with Ranged Emblem = failed.
Iop's Wrath with Precision Emblem = failed.

Judgment with Ranged Emblem = failed. Target was 3 cells away.

Die Alright with Melee Emblem = failed. Target was 1 cell away.
Heads or Tails with Melee Emblem = failed. Target was 1 cell away.

Conclusions:

- Melee constitutes spells that target 0-1 cells away from you at max. Spells like Shebang, Burning Blood, and Iop's Wrath count to this because they target the self, which is in melee range.
- [NEW] Ranged constitutes spells that can target 2 or more cells away from you. Just because it can be cast in melee range, does not mean it is a melee spell. Die Alright is an example of this. If it can hit further, it is a ranged spell and will not benefit from melee damage despite its ability to hit in melee range.
- The criteria for spell categorization occurs at the time the spell is cast. Because Judgment is cast in the 0-1 cell range I spoke about, it's considered a melee skill. So even though you can hit a cell 3 cells away from it, it benefits from melee because of the initial casting spot, and AoE obviously because it strikes in an AoE.
- [NEW] Ultimately, a spell will be affected by two out of four of these traits, always. I suspect the meta for builds will adjust slightly to cater to this, so that builds will be centralized so that all spells chosen by the user are affected by a single one of these stats.
- [IRRELEVANT] While I was testing I went ahead and confirmed that backstab multiplier is x1.25 (DA BS 100 --> 125) and sidestab multiplier is x1.10 (DA SS 100 --> 110). A lot of people already know this, but I thought I'd make more people aware.

Criterias:

- Did you click on a spot to cast the spell that was either on yourself or right next to you? Then it is melee.
- Can the spell be used at two or more cells away? Then it is ranged.
- Is there only one red box in the targeting when you cast the spell? Then it is precision.
- Is there more than one red box in the targeting when you cast the spell? Then it is AoE.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - July 12, 2014, 18:25:57.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753445  Replies : 61  Views : 1932
posté July 12, 2014, 16:29:34 | #20
I'm sorry. I fudged when writing that. It has four variants, one for each element (only the +3 is in-game, unless we were stupid lucky and just managed to drop a +3 with that one drop and there are actually 12 emblems in his loot table).

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753436  Replies : 192  Views : 8637