Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Brokonaut's profile
Statistics
1048 Posts (1.44 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté December 16, 2014, 22:08:48 | #1
It was a patch attempt to stop Weak Points from stacking x4 when targets were on top of enemy entities on the map (e.g. an enemy Feca standing on an enemy glyph center, or an enemy standing on Foggernaut rail).

It will be fixed soon(tm).

• Mango

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #810309  Replies : 2  Views : 125
posté December 16, 2014, 19:07:53 | #2
Hi. Xelorium will be released on the 19th (Friday) with the opening of the Classic mode of the first dungeon. This last patch was just for laying the groundwork of the dimension.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810256  Replies : 22  Views : 1115
posté December 16, 2014, 11:42:22 | #3

Quote (saphiLC @ 16 December 2014 11:40) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 16 December 2014 11:19) *
If this is a play on words with respec and respect, this is actually incredibly clever. Well done.

Relative to the topic, a respec is likely to be issued. As to which classes, I cannot confirm (I don't know). Stay tuned.

• Mango

Edit: For context, the title of saphiLC's topic was "where is the respect??[...]" before it got merged here.
then change the title of this post, is misleading... i just noticed this post was about that...

Friend, don't let your current state of ill-temper lead you blindly. Your original topic seemed to have gotten half-merged into this one somehow.

Take my answer with a grain of salt, and wait patiently. Incessant bickering will unfortunately not cause your respect to come sooner.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810042  Replies : 191  Views : 3778
posté December 16, 2014, 11:19:43 | #4
If this is a play on words with respec and respect, this is actually incredibly clever. Well done.

Relative to the topic, a respec is likely to be issued. As to which classes, I cannot confirm (I don't know). Stay tuned.

• Mango

Edit: For context, the title of saphiLC's topic was "where is the respect??[...]" before it got merged here.

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - December 16, 2014, 11:36:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810013  Replies : 191  Views : 3778
posté December 16, 2014, 09:37:22 | #5
The only proper explanation I can give is that every Wakfu region has its own distinct, personal, marketing team that makes decisions based on what they believe to be the best, pending the time and place.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #809939  Replies : 17  Views : 611
posté December 13, 2014, 20:39:42 | #6
Everything will be done to make Iop as feasible as can be in high level content (since the danger train does not end with Xelorium, after all). I promise that the Iop revamp will be nothing short of amazing.

If it's any word of faith, I was originally a Iop main and [exit3d] is a Iop main in both Wakfu and Dofus. You guys (Iop players) have nothing to fear.

• Mango

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #808728  Replies : 52  Views : 3595
posté December 13, 2014, 20:29:11 | #7

Quote (Geomancy @ 13 December 2014 07:24) *
Don't know why you of all people are more or less defending Mango since he's trying to use his closeness with the Devs to take the CM position from the current CM of APAC.

I don't know where this is coming from. Becoming a CM is one of the last things I'd actually want to do. The opportunity had already presented itself as well. Merriden was spot on that I don't have the patience for that kind of real life job. [CM]Renommus is a good friend. I prefer working with him, not over him.

What an odd rumor.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #808723  Replies : 98  Views : 3330
posté December 13, 2014, 04:46:13 | #8

Quote (LouCypher @ 13 December 2014 04:43) *
Wtf...

Mango there will always be haters man don't ever let them get to you and as far as those who don't want spoilers well they shouldn't be watching videos on how to do something in the first place. There are those of us who greatly appreciate people like you who do take the time to figure the mechanics out and save us the time and frustration of having to do it ourselves. It's not like you not posting how to's will stop others from posting them so you're not taking anything away from anyone by posting your videos.

There are many (mysel included) who were hoping you would take up the challenge to post the HC Flax run because we'd love to watch you do it.

Seriously man don't let someone giving you a hard time stop you from doing what you do and helping the community as a whole, you'd just be giving the haters what they ultimately want.

I already know there are a lot of people who don't like me or the things that I do, and I've come to terms with that many months ago. It's not a bother anymore. But in this instance, picklesaregood wasn't trolling as much as much as challenging something he found very unlikely, which is understandable given the encounter and the claim. I don't blame him.

Not publishing a video of my strategy is a personal decision. Not publishing detailed strategies for the new bosses is an external request which I found to be understandable given the nature and outcome-of-release of the last few bosses (cleared and understood in a very brief timespan by many).

There's now a one month buffer period between an HC/Raid release and me streaming them, to allow people time to get acquainted with the battle themselves first before referencing the in-depth mechanics and suggested compositions/strategies.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - December 13, 2014, 04:51:01.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #808359  Replies : 98  Views : 3330
posté December 13, 2014, 04:12:34 | #9
I don't need to prove myself to anyone. Especially someone so callously rude when it comes to things I do for both the community and for my own entertainment (streaming).

@Agosta: I wasn't using Butter as an example. He uses a different composition, and was unable to show a sub-12 minute HC Flaxhid (though he comes extremely close, and I'm sure he's probably done it on many occasions without realizing it). I am able to because instead of a tank, I use an additional DPT. A player from Remington has achieved sub-9 as well, but I don't know his composition. In any case, fair or not, we've already established that most things that I do aren't quite something for your average player.

I thought it would be nice as well, if I shared what I was working on, which is actually relevant to this topic.

Finally, honoring a personal request I've decided to take down my videos on HC Vertox, and won't be doing a tip compilation thread elaborately detailing mechanics for HC Vertox, HC Robowl, or the Raid Boss like I did with Srambad and Enurado Divine Bosses. I understand that doing this was unfortunately taking away from the need to have other players discover these mechanics on their own for the first time, and also greatly diminished the possibility to monopolize on an opportunity for being able to figure out these mechanics on your own. It took away from the collective mind's need to conquer these fights either together or individually, and instead allowed most people an immediate chance in these fights before they were released.

In the same light, there's no need for me to share how I personally approach HC Flaxhid to your advantages or need of some proof.

[omitted]

I will leave the Classic Robowl video up, and of course there's nothing I can do about viewers who had the fortune to be able to watch me tests these bosses the first time and have a leg up on this content already. Good luck to everyone in the Xelorium content, and happy farming.

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - December 13, 2014, 04:49:28.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #808347  Replies : 98  Views : 3330
posté December 13, 2014, 03:57:41 | #10

Quote (Agosta @ 13 December 2014 03:52) *
I don't understand the point of making another ap BP. It's redundant with Happy Sram Kimono already available, which majority of players don't even want to use. From 140-170 we only have 3 options for Tri BPs: Empelol (140, legendary), Happy Sram (155, epic, no mp), and Souleater (160, relic).

Hopefully they realize this and correct it like they did with Orgasmik BP before september update. There's a huge hole in tri gear in that slot.

Because it's a non-Relic non-Epic item with an exotic AP.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #808340  Replies : 101  Views : 5249
posté December 12, 2014, 22:13:02 | #11

Quote (Hydin106 @ 12 December 2014 22:07) *

Withered Breastplate
Lvl. 156 Legendary Breastplate
+1 AP
+1 Control
+200 HP
+23 Initiative
+70% Damage to 2 random elements
+20% Critical Hit Damage
+30 Resist.

Mistake?

or it is really +AP

It's not a mistake or a placeholder. An explanation regarding the future of character builds will be held at a later date.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #808241  Replies : 101  Views : 5249
posté December 12, 2014, 11:28:12 | #12
As long as your account has been created in the correct region, you'll be able to use that account to access servers of that region.

When you return to SEA for example, you will not be able to use your Nox account to access servers other than Nox and Remington.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #808030  Replies : 6  Views : 202
posté December 11, 2014, 15:28:51 | #13

Quote (JoolsX @ 11 December 2014 14:16) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 11 December 2014 09:25) *
My route is specifically what it is. My route. Doesn't work perfectly for everyone. For me, with two tribrid Cra at level 160 (and certain other classes I use for a p-level comp), it gets the job done fast. I do the last 35 levels at HC Flaxhid now (~10 minute runs at 50-80mxp a run). Only depending on the class do I do the last 20 levels at Srambad (the classes that can actually do the fights in under 15 seconds such as Sram, Sacrier, Enutrof, Iop).

The last character I leveled up with my route (modified with HC Flaxhid, otherwise the same) was Pandawa. 1-160 in 27 hours.

• Mango
How do you do the HC flaxhid runs so quickly?

Early diagonal set-up in the front end with a Pandawa that acts as both a lock tank and a position reset. That has to be set-up in the first turn of play. It's a little harder now without the old Milky Instinct to absorb blows. My party is double Cra (fifth and sixth position), Pandawa (first position), Foggernaut (second position), Enutrof (fourth position), and Xelor (third position).

There is supposedly a well-regarded player on Remington that completes the encounter in 8 minutes. Sub-10 is difficult but manageable in maybe 3/10 runs (otherwise sub-12 is more likely). It often depends on whether or not the non-instance challenge is doable or not.

The important takeaway is to have a very strong AoE team that can set-up and immediately begin clearing away at the mobs and boss if necessary.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807554  Replies : 98  Views : 3330
posté December 11, 2014, 13:20:20 | #14

Quote (Asriah @ 11 December 2014 13:13) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 11 December 2014 13:08) *
[ . . . ]

Then what is the magical reason why they were not changed before?

Failure to rectify the problem initially and not wanting to retroactively go back to change it after it was already implemented, angering players. Picking strictly between the two, what would piss you off more? If the item you were gunning for magically costed 50% more tokens after a random hotfix or knowing that new content that you haven't already dumped a load of effort into will be adapted to be tougher (but correct)?

The Hero system won't make it any easier to token these items than regular multiclienting. When Heroes complete a dungeon, the tokens all go into their respective quest item interfaces, not the main character. Perhaps Sidekicks will though, since Sidekicks don't have an active inventory. But I don't know anything explicit about that yet.

Epic items also now yield the correct amount of Rune Powder, instead of giving you the same amount as a Relic item.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807486  Replies : 52  Views : 1330
posté December 11, 2014, 13:08:49 | #15

Quote (Asriah @ 11 December 2014 13:03) *
You know what I am taking from this? That since the Heroes system will make it easier to farm 3 of these items at a time, that they've decided to make the total tokens required as well as the drop rates more difficult.

Talking like it was just a thing, for these drop rates to never have been changed up to this point, just does not make any sense. They consciously knew about these drop rates and decided not to adjust them.

But sure, talk to us like we're stupid or something. Whatever.

Being sincerely serious for a moment, does it make sense to you that Epic items had the same drop rate and token cost as Legendary items up until now?

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807480  Replies : 52  Views : 1330
posté December 11, 2014, 12:21:27 | #16

Quote (Heartyace @ 11 December 2014 12:19) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 11 December 2014 09:25) *
[ . . . ]
The need of "two" tri build cras or two cras in general makes it really unreliable for the average player that at most dual boxes.

That being said my powerleveling involves 1 alt at max to hit max with in reasonable time. Arguably regardless of the alt as well.

I've already addressed this. Your route is better for the average player who doesn't have the same resources. My route is explicitly for those people who do have the same resources.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807461  Replies : 98  Views : 3330
posté December 11, 2014, 11:24:50 | #17
The Emblem will be placed in the token machine on Tuesday.

• Mango

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #807436  Replies : 44  Views : 2760
posté December 11, 2014, 11:23:56 | #18
Hey guys, to address this particular concern, Fear Fizz will no longer be tradeable come Tuesday.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807433  Replies : 166  Views : 4141
posté December 11, 2014, 11:21:26 | #19
ITEM RARITY NOTICE: Regarding Xelorium Token Costs Hey guys, so this was a pretty major topic that I felt like I needed to address. I sat down and talked about it for a while with the GD team and figured out why the token costs magically skyrocketed in Xelorium. Here's the complete explanation (and why they're going to stay).

As many veterans are aware, Epic items weren't always existent in Wakfu. Items like Wa Wabbit's Cwown and Genetically Modified Epaulettes for example were Legendary before Epic items. After the change to make it more difficult to obtain the AP/MP ceiling of 12/7, these items were shifted to a rarity akin to Relic items, what you see today as Epic items.

However, the drop rates in the in-game coding did not change to reflect this. They remained at a Legendary drop rate, when the original intent was for them to be 50% rarer. However, when Srambad and Enurado came out, the drop rate of Epic items still did not change to reflect the correct drop rate, and instead were once again at the same drop rate as Legendary items.

The token cost of items is reflected in their drop rate as of this time.

In Xelorium, Epic items will have the correct drop rate. They are 50% rarer than Legendary items, and as such they will cost 50% more tokens than Legendary items as well.

Regarding the current items, token costs, and drop rates. While it is possible (and likely) for them to retroactively be changed to fit the correct rates and token costs, it will not be for some time. It would be unfair to change them when these items are still very relevant at the endgame and commonly sought after items. However for all future content, the Epic item drop rate and token costs has been rectified.

The token cost for Indestructible Boots when Xelorium goes live is ~546 Vortokens (not HC tokens). Epic items costs will be like this from now on moving forward.

We figured it would be important to communicate this since patch notes would likely not include it. It would be wrong and be seen as a stealth change, when it was the original intention to begin with. Srambad and Enurado had quite a few mistakes with them, and now there's a bit of a quandary of when (or if at all) to retroactively change them to the new formula for consistency.

Best regards, and thanks for reading. Hope you all understand now.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - December 11, 2014, 11:22:22.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807430  Replies : 52  Views : 1330
posté December 11, 2014, 11:03:19 | #20

Quote (MoonStoneX @ 10 December 2014 00:23) *
Hi, I am a returning player and I am planning on Lving a Pandawa. I was wonderig if your build and tactics are viable for Lving? If not do you have an pointers on how I should Lv my Panda?

It's good for solo leveling. The build will not work well with random pick-up groups. It's designed to interact with consistent team members, since random team members will often neglected the Scalded stacks and kill enemies while they're isolated, wasting your stacks.

It can of course be used as a standard Tribrid set-up, but Pandawa will of course suffer the same problem all Tribrid users suffer, and that's equipment selection from around levels 100 to 150 or so. Spells like Milking It instead of Light My Fire can be considered for a less-reliant build.

The specialties and stats portion should still remain relevant however. It comes down to your spell selection and whether or not you attempt Tribrid (I advise against it if this is your first character because of that gearing problem gap).

Quote (Multicare @ 10 December 2014 14:20) *
Hi there Mango,
First of all, thanks for the guidelines and the tips, big fan of your guides.
Now, I have a 115 water/fire panda, which I really like, and I'm not a fan of tribrid builds (I find them hard to balance and expensive to equip). So I'm wondering if you think the earth branch is that essential to your build, or if it would be viable to stay water/fire based ?

At the late game it helps with utility and some more damage orientation outside of just fire (which the gameplay revolves around for Scalded stacks). You can live without it though absolutely. I'm just a big fan of Six Roses and Lactic Acid. You're correct in your notions on Tribrid builds though!

Quote (lD3m0n @ 11 December 2014 06:11) *
Hey there! I recently made a F/W Panda a bit based on your guide and I like it.

I went with Light My Fire/Dairy Springer/Milking It and Milky Breath/Milk Wave. I find it comfortable but I'm not sure if it is the best choice.

I'm thinking on replacing Milking It with Explosive Flask, since it works good with the Scalded mechanic when repositioning (and for dealing good damage with the barrel in hands, from the Milky Instinct passive). Also, what do you think about fire/earth with Six Roses and Blitzkrieg?

On the other hand, I want to multibox but I don't know who can be a good teammate for a Panda. I've already tested Enu/Sram and I have a friend with Xelor/Fogger. Some of the ones that caught my attention are:

- Sacrier, F/E with Burning Blood mainly.
- Iop, F/A with Thunderbolt for the Scalded, but they are outdated so I'm not sure.
- Rogue, for the funny bombs.
- Eliotrop, just curiosity for the new class and their mechanics.
- Feca?

Basically I'm looking for a fun class to play, but also with a good synergy. If you have another idea, please tell me.

I would like to have your opinions on this, and thanks a lot in advance.

I'd advise against Explosive Flask vs. Milking It solely due to Milk Fountain being in your kit, an already cross-1 AoE. I think the Fire/Earth is absolutely plausible, but it's hard to think outside the Water mentality purely because of how long most Pandawa have basically been used to it. But I don't see why it can't work now that there's synergy. I do find Blisskrieg a little awkward to use, but it's insanely strong. It's a preference thing in the end.

Iop are out-dated but Thunderbolt has amazing intrinsic value now that you don't have to trigger the stacks immediately (quadruple Thunderbolt has a LOT of potential base damages). Plus they'll be revamped among the next two classes!

I'm not a fan of offensive Sacrier.

Ultimately I like big AoE classes with Pandawa, since the Pandawa can set up your other character to hit multiple enemies. Rogue are good but you would have to make sure the Pandawa either somehow goes before the Rogue or at the very end of the queue, so there's little turn between their turns. They work great in tandem though due to Earth AoE on Rogue as well as bomb play.

I strongly dislike Eliotrope gameplay synergy, but they do have portals, which you can travel through while carrying someone.

Feca is always useful in most compositions, but they won't do too much with Pandawa unless you're playing with fire glyphs.

Fire Enutrof can work amazingly with a Pandawa as well. Again, fantastic AoE with Meteor and Hot Magma and the ability to ALSO stack Scalded with Fusion. In fact, this may be my most recommended pairing with a CE Pandawa.

• Mango

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #807421  Replies : 8  Views : 1282