Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Brokonaut's profile
Statistics
1139 Posts (1.48 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 02:31:59 | #1

Quote (E-J-U @ 27 January 2015 20:52) *

Quote (Mishna @ 27 January 2015 20:11) *
I'd recommend watching some of the high level players who do Twitch streaming, etc.

For example this is a nice one that shows some Panda play:

Click here

That's great advice and Mango is a really good player...and I've watched lots of videos yet I'm still feeling little bit lost. I just don't know what's the right build to work on.

I already replied to your PM with this link, but for other Pandawa that seem lost, the Pandawa that I party up with frequently (in that stream) was kind enough to write a guide to his build: Click 

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #824733  Replies : 11  Views : 333
posté Yesterday - 00:48:48 | #2
I'll have a guide up a little before the class is released. Right now is too soon pending the frequent major changes made to the class!

• Mango

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #824297  Replies : 3  Views : 321
posté January 26, 2015, 15:37:57 | #3

Quote (qqmolie @ 26 January 2015 13:29) *
Mango, just a thought...

Why not put some points into Shadow master rather than stabber (from 7-9), which you only gain 3% Final damage?
Shadow master adds backstab damage up to 40% (at max) which is passive. i would rather put the 3 points into it, since i use invi which gives me 6% damage from the back and + 3% final damage after invi and attack from any direction.

Am i mislead by the percentage?

Could you please elaborate how final damage gives more value than having more on the base damage (due to backstab)?

It's misleading. Me putting points into Stabber is because Shadow Master is already maxed. In the instance of putting into Stabber past 6, ALL other specialties have been maxed except for Double, which is kept at level 3.

Quote (CrystalShade @ 26 January 2015 13:44) *
@mango

PvM Sram:
Stabber (Lv. 6)
Double

from your write

and from what your level not match

for that i think you suggest it to max Double like old version on this guide

witch one should i follow?

and why put 3 on Double any difference between lv 3 and lv.9

should drop double and put all point in to stabber

If you're a PvM Sram, Double should be the last spell that you max. It only needs to go to level 3, where it gains a 6th AP and a 4th MP. Stabber goes past level 6 ONLY when you have no more points to place elsewhere.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #824159  Replies : 202  Views : 55564
posté January 26, 2015, 12:46:46 | #4

Quote (Coyox @ 26 January 2015 09:40) *
Don't you mean Wily instead of Trauma? I don't see why you would take Trauma over Wily while you already have BR and execution. Not going to do it myself for sure.

Yep, typo.

Quote (CrystalShade @ 26 January 2015 11:33) *
@mango

im a bit confuse with your special skill level up order

take a look your guide is

PvM Sram:

1. Sramystical
2. Invisibility
3. Sramulous (Lv. 1)
4. Sram Reflex (Lv. 10)
5. Stabber (Lv. 6)
6. Sram to the Bone
7. Sram Reflex (Lv. 20)
8. Sramulous (Lv. 20)
9. Scram
10. Shadow Trap
11. Shadow Master
12. Double

but

when i take a look on your sram

Stabber (Lv. 7)
Double (Lv. 3)

i follow your PVM build since old version
so now im bit confuse

what should i level up in order since right now im lv.153

thx for your hard work on this guide

and sry for my bad english

Stabber and Double are the last spells that I haven't leveled yet at level 170. I brought Double to level three and put remaining points into Stabber since I don't need to raise Double anymore.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #824120  Replies : 202  Views : 55564
posté January 26, 2015, 05:09:34 | #5
Build updated (no longer Fire-Lite, just a regular Tribuild). Gave up 50% damage in one element to gain 100% in another. 10% Final Reduction is now the preferred 175 Major point. One more CH, a few higher auxiliary damages. The build in the opening post is a PvM-viable but PvP-focused build.

If you're seeking a PvM-only build, these are the changes:

Water: Kleptosram & Bloody Ripoff
Fire: First Blood & Execution
Air: Forceful Blow & Wily

The specialty order (which was changed in the guide for some important early points like Lv. 1 Sramulous) does not change between these two builds. Note that you can use the guide build for a PvM build if you follow the PvM specialties, or use the guide build for a PvP build with the PvP specialties. I do not recommend using the build above with PvP specialties.

If you can afford to obtain a Breath of Life, spec for Fire-Heavy to have a 3 AP fire attack handy.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - January 26, 2015, 12:45:33.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #824057  Replies : 202  Views : 55564
posté January 26, 2015, 04:24:48 | #6

Quote (Matt5150 @ 26 January 2015 00:36) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 26 January 2015 00:08) *
Iop will have some nice changes for the next Beta, including some quality of life bonuses for spells like Devastate and Shaker, among other various things.

Keep up the feedback.

• Mango
Thanks for the news Mango!
Do you know when the next patch will be online?

Beta updates usually happen on Friday, but sometimes occur on Monday if immediate feedback is needed on a given change.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824051  Replies : 893  Views : 32701
posté January 26, 2015, 00:08:39 | #7
Iop will have some nice changes for the next Beta, including some quality of life bonuses for spells like Devastate and Shaker, among other various things.

Keep up the feedback.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823970  Replies : 893  Views : 32701
posté January 25, 2015, 16:41:34 | #8

Quote (Windexus @ 24 January 2015 00:25) *
Thanks for the Info. One last question, if you aren't purely pvp or pvm but do a little of both, which do you think is more viable in both regards, Excecution and Tricky Blow or Trauma and Bled Dry?

I tested out both in the restat and noticed the Trauma and Bled Dry does higher single target damage in basic combos and is much easier to obtain and gain Wakfu points with. But does this work good with pvm? Like at least as good as a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10?

Thanks again.

If you have any interest at all in PvP, Trauma + Bled Dry is the recommended build so that you can stand toe-to-toe with shielding-based bruisers/tanks.

I ran with Trauma + Bled Dry in PvM for a long time, and truthfully they were both spells are tended to avoid using (the former more than the latter). Bled Dry had strong application so long as the Hemorrhage damage actually proc'd and wasn't wasted by a teammate killing the enemy before the enemy could take place.

I find that the return of Forceful Blow in PvM is a major pick-up on the other hand. My wings have been down since I switched to this build however, and I plan to switch back to Bled Dry + Trauma once I'm done with PvM farming.

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #823832  Replies : 202  Views : 55564
posté January 24, 2015, 00:08:41 | #9

Quote (Delaz @ 23 January 2015 23:59) *
Give Sanguine Armor the ability to make people scalded in a 8 cell aoe and maybe increase the aoe of burning blood?

There is also the fact that enu and Sacrier can't stack flaming at the pace that Iop and Panda can.

The first idea is actually really nice. I'll discuss this with them.

Those classes are not meant to stack Flaming at the same pace. Their Flaming spells are supposed to be more of a hybrid between stacking Flaming stacks and dealing direct damage.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823345  Replies : 893  Views : 32701
posté January 23, 2015, 23:50:35 | #10

Quote (qqmolie @ 21 January 2015 17:27) *
Hi Mango,

Im now at 129 and ready to take the free respec due to the revamp.
i already have a solomonk and probably aiming at woboots.

Can you again finalize the 6 skills for tribuild and the points distribution after the revamp?

Here are my plans:
Fire: First Blood & Bled Dry
Water: Klepto & Bloody ripoff
Air: Wily & Trauma (how about forceful blow?)

Invi: 9
Scram: 9
Double: 9 (should this still be maxed?)
Shadow trapper: 0
Stabber: 9
Shadow Master: 0
Scramystic: 20
Sramulous: 1
Sram Reflex: 20
Sram to the bone: 15

Am i going in the right direction?

thanks in advance

Double is a preference level. It's either maxed or level 3, depending on how much of a role you want it (and yourself) to fill as map manipulators during combat.

Forceful Blow + Execution are the keys spell if you want a PvM and PvM ONLY build. It does not succeed well in PvP. Still run the previous build of Bled Dry and Trauma if you are interested in PvP.

Quote (P0lremy @ 23 January 2015 20:51) *
Hi Mango,

I've been following your amazing guide for my first char and I must say that I've been enjoying my sram a lot !
I just switched to Forceful Blow and Execution with the free restat (especially since I onyl care about PVE) but I wanted to know if it was really worth it to level Scram above level 6 as you only gain 1 point in range and a reduction of WP ?
Also as qqmolie sayed, is Double still required to be levelled up or not really?

Thanks in advance for your help

The Double is a preference level. It's not necessary to level above 3 if you want to take a purely damage dealer role (as I have done for dungeoneering).

The reduction of WP cost in Sram is extremely important. The playstyle preferred with this build is extremely WP consumption heavy, and so any mitigation we can take during any given scenario is important. Not being able to cast Scram because you have 1 WP is also a major bummer.

Quote (Windexus @ 23 January 2015 22:58) *
What if instead of having either Trauma and Bled Dry or Execution and Forceful Blow you instead use Bled Dry and Forceful blow? Or do you need a big damage dealer spell like Trauma and Execution? Just a curios thought. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this build and the information you shared

You need either Trauma or Execution so you have a strong attack in either elements. Otherwise your strongest skill is Kleptosram, and again what we're aiming here is for elemental diversity. First Blood is basically mandatory (meaning with First Blood and Bled Dry, taking Execution is impossible in a standard tri-elemental build).

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #823340  Replies : 202  Views : 55564
posté January 22, 2015, 05:19:17 | #11
Robowl Strategy VOD (and future streams) Under normal circumstances, I would post this under Combat Strategy, but I think this may interest many high level players who could be struggling versus this boss.

In my original intentions, I was planning to wait one month from their release before giving insight into bosses (how to defeat them, mechanics, tips, so on and so forth), as I had done for HC Vertox. This was to offer the opportunity for the community to enter these battles with a sense of discovery, learning the mechanics via trial and error. To the advantage of many who had watched livestreams in the past, many of you were very aware of mechanics from Sugnuf, Srambad, Enurado, Vertox, and Robowl well in advance before their release. This was counter-intuitive to the notion of design for difficulty, and removed the difficulty of discovering the battles.

Robowl was the first dungeon to offer a difficult experience to many, as not many people saw the videos and since I had taken it down, many people had forgotten the mechanics as well. However some were able to formulate winning strategies before it came out. This includes the French side, who had people who defeated it in Beta as well.

So now I've come to terms that in the end, I am still a member of the EN community, and still want to support the players in it. I'll be providing information and a strategy a month after release, however if members of another language community manage to figure things out and share a strategy, I will do the same for the EN community earlier than the one month restriction.

As many FR players know how to win (thanks to some brilliant PvM minds on their end and video creators) I'll be doing the same for EN at 11:30 PM EST tonight (roughly 10 minutes from this post). This is to keep the EN meta up with the FR one. A VOD will be available afterwards depending on whether or not Twitch mutes the past broadcast (I do love listening to music, and it has a tenancy to mute my VODs).

HC Robowl will be the first dungeon that hasn't had a lot of exposure to players and viewers since whatever boss was prior to Sugnuf. It should be the point where we re-discover the sense of PvM difficulty.

Happy farming (VOD).

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - January 22, 2015, 10:05:17.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822715  Replies : 23  Views : 819
posté January 21, 2015, 22:18:07 | #12
This is intended. When an Ecaflip is teleported via Cat Tree, they will take the damage of the attack before teleporting but dodge any effects that were attached with it.

• Mango

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #822563  Replies : 1  Views : 185
posté January 21, 2015, 22:16:44 | #13

Quote (Asriah @ 21 January 2015 20:50) *
Hey now Mango is only showing the end result of that, not the set up. You can clearly see his Panda in there so it isn't "just Iops are amazing with scalding, hue". He used both to set that up. If you stat your initiative to where the Panda goes right before the Iop you can just move every scalded target next to the flaming Iop, which he probably did.

That's the trick. It's hardly pristine conditions, when we were doing it every single room of the dungeon. I'll toy around with it on stream later.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822562  Replies : 133  Views : 3687
posté January 21, 2015, 10:07:50 | #14

Quote (Slushi @ 21 January 2015 09:11) *
Honestly, i can't wait till iop revamp is here, i'm just going to hope mango (or someone else) makes a really good guide that i can follow

I've got your back!  

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #822267  Replies : 8  Views : 701
posté January 21, 2015, 09:53:40 | #15

Quote (Micestorff @ 21 January 2015 04:22) *
and sleeping op in cordinated teams.

Third turn cycle. Another important note is that kiling Scalded enemies while you are enflamed with normal attacks (1-1 range) still triggers the explosion. If somehow something lived, I could have used it as a living bomb AoE regardless.

100% consistency, no chance of enemies moving away. No locking necessary.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822263  Replies : 133  Views : 3687
posté January 21, 2015, 02:38:48 | #16

Quote (Coyox @ 20 January 2015 17:11) *
So how about dropping water completely? Or is it worth it keeping water for kleptosram since I don't think using bloody ripoff is really worth it anymore, is it?

I advise against it. The heal AND damage from Bloody Ripoff for its cost is still VERY much so worth it. It leaves you without a major heal as well, since often times if you're stacking Hemorrhage, it's only in an extreme emergency that you should you want to consume all that potential damage with Cold Blood. Having both Cold Blood and Bloody Ripoff as healing sources is fairly important.

Quote (chupitsu @ 20 January 2015 17:11) *
Hey Mango!

I'd like to know, is Execution/Forceful Blow better than Trauma/Bled Dry after the nerfs, if I mostly just do dungeons with people? (sometimes PvP and solo mobs outside dungeons though)

And like Lesharo asked, what should I do with my Double? Should I keep it at level 9 or keep it at a lower level?

I only leveled it to 3 and dumped points into Shadow Master, taking a more damage dealer oriented role instead of heavy map manipulation. It's viable to keep it maxed and not have Shadow Master, but the bonus final damage from the second turn of Invisibility is quite useful. It does inadvertently mean that you need to be much more fickle about your WP usage though, since Double consumes 2 WP at level 3. It would be a very emergency map manipulation skill in that scenario.

If you don't care about PvP at all you can switch to Forceful Blow/Execution. Hemorrhage is still absolutely necessary to defeat shielding classes, and I've since deactivated my wings since switching builds to focus more on the new dungeon.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #822196  Replies : 202  Views : 55564
posté January 20, 2015, 14:00:11 | #17
Agreed! This has been my build of choice. Very powerful in a smart team's play.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #821852  Replies : 8  Views : 701
posté January 20, 2015, 13:57:01 | #18

Quote (thorkyd @ 20 January 2015 10:20) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 20 January 2015 08:34) *
Currently toying around the notion of returning to Execution & Forceful Blow (the original iteration of this build) in light of the changes made to Weak Point generation and the minor nerf to Bled Dry. Note that this would purely be a PvM build design, and would absolutely not be advised for PvP. You need Hemorrhage to defeat shield classes.

The PvM build of Execution & Forceful Blow would work either as a Fire-Lite or an Air-Lite build.

• Mango

Is the fire branch still viable as hemo generation has been significantly cut down? PvM that is.

Viable yes. The cut down was insignificant, and the damage remains the same at full stacks. With the change with Weak Point generation though, Execution is much more viable than it was previously. Also stick with Bled Dry if you want to continue to be able to fight shielders.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - January 23, 2015, 23:51:01.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #821849  Replies : 202  Views : 55564
posté January 20, 2015, 12:52:11 | #19

Quote (Gynrei @ 20 January 2015 12:24) *
If i build up 100 flaming stacks on turn one and it procs on a mob, is the 100 flaming stacks supposed to be consumed? Right now they do not. So turn two i build another 100 and if i get it to proc again the mob takes 200 stacks worth of dmg. For a total of 300. Then i begin again.

I'd like to know if this is intended please. Because if I make a scalding build and this is a bug fix resulting in no respec... Ankama and I will have words.

The Flaming state can be accumulated over two turns. Thus, the second turn is far more powerful. Its duration can’t exceed two turns.

^From the Hotfix post. I assume this means it's not supposed to be consumed turn one regardless whether I activated it on a mob already. But this is Ankama and I'd not like to take this for granted.

This is intended. Flaming stacks generated on the first turn are double in value and carry over two turns. This is a mechanic for organized teams. We basically annihilated an entire room in the new dungeon with a chain explosion just now. That being said, it's extremely OP in its current state, so long as you aren't playing with randoms or idiots. I'm playing Flaming Iop with less than 200 lock in its current un-revamped kit.

It also proved to be rather powerful versus the boss.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - January 20, 2015, 12:59:51.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #821835  Replies : 133  Views : 3687
posté January 20, 2015, 08:34:08 | #20
Currently toying around the notion of returning to Execution & Forceful Blow (the original iteration of this build) in light of the changes made to Weak Point generation and the minor nerf to Bled Dry. Note that this would purely be a PvM build design, and would absolutely not be advised for PvP. You need Hemorrhage to defeat shield classes.

The PvM build of Execution & Forceful Blow would work either as a Fire-Lite or an Air-Lite build.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - January 20, 2015, 08:35:13.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #821770  Replies : 202  Views : 55564