Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Brokonaut's profile
Statistics
898 Posts (1.34 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 08:58:25 | #1

Quote (Nox16 @ 21 October 2014 08:52) *
TLDR: best of luck in achievement hunting... you will need it.

I'm aware most of them are broken. But most of the ones that aren't are tedious. This was mostly to reflect the people who said things were too easy right now and there was no challenge in PvM left!

Therein I'm mostly after the kill-first achievements for the upper dungeons. We've knocked out Wobot-in-Chief, Wa Wabbit, The Famous Flaxhid the Skewerer, and Cledus'Onist the Unlocker so far. Tried Soulkrupt the Reaper but got slaughtered badly. That's the one encounter that's yet to be cleared in boss-first globally from server information. So difficult.

Kudos to you though. I don't really have the patience to do a lot of them, but I have a great respect for those who do. It's like one big huge scavenger hunt.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789109  Replies : 9  Views : 184
posté Today - 08:24:58 | #2

Quote (Pedja93 @ 20 October 2014 23:11) *
Hey, newbie here, love your guide and I'm currently using your secondary build. Although I'm finding bled dry to be relatively weak seeing as i'm still very low level. So I've thought about going 3/1/1 dropping bled dry and kleptosram and adding forceful blow. Any opinions on this?

It's a tough call, because going 3/1/1 means losing a spell in both the fire and water trees. The water tree, which you should definitely want both of the spells for. Both Kleptosram and Bloody Ripoff are immensely useful to have part of your kit. If you really don't like Bled Dry, I'd say you should just revert to the original build.

Quote (TrezureHunter @ 21 October 2014 04:36) *
I have a couple questions concerning gear:

1.) For this build is crafted gear better (meaning shushu) or is gear that is dropped better? I realize that dropped gear is much more attainable, but just for the sake of knowing.

2.) How much would you personally think that Grou's Axe would be worth? (maybe a little off topic, but I ask because I saw one on the market the other day for 1.6mil)

Some endgame crafted gear is BIS (best in slot). Tormented Helmet, Tranchus Shushu, and Imperial Merchant Ring (this is only while the level cap is 165 and with three guild kit skill) are examples of this.

I can't gauge the value of items since I'm not from the same server as you. The value of that axe though, is that it's used to create the strongest tribrid melee weapon in the game.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #789101  Replies : 129  Views : 22819
posté Today - 07:57:26 | #3
There's Glory in a Challenge What is the reason we build our characters or level up in an MMORPG? For the prospect of loot and glory in tougher places, no? But what happens to PvM when there's no better loot?

To be able to reach the level cap first, or be the first ones to beat a dungeon. In those ideologies themselves, there's no physical reward for that (at least for these intermediary level caps before level 200). All there is, is the right to say that you did. For many of us now, the endgame dungeons even in Hardcore mode are a trivial experience (sans Spectrex the Corrupted).

So why don't those of you who have lost your sense of purpose, at least until December, try something a little different? I've spent the last few days clearing the hardest (in terms of difficulty, not tedium) achievements that Wakfu has to offer - defeat bosses first instead of last. And I have to say, this is the reason I decided to play a tactical MMORPG. The challenge, and the need to think and strategize in order to win.

I haven't had this much fun since Ultimate Bosses were first released. So I urge those at the endgame that are lost or ready to shelf the game to give this a try. It adds a new dimension to the usual encounters that's far more interesting and less predictable. That and you'll get a little star next to the successful encounter in your achievement log (and in the case of dungeons up to Wa Wabbit, some really badass miniatures).

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789098  Replies : 9  Views : 184
posté Yesterday - 02:01:43 | #4
2. You get a Scara Wing by using the Trapper profession to combine x3 Scarapace together. The craft is Trapper level 10. Scarapace drop at a 35% rate from all Scara mob family members except the Scarafly, which will drop them at a 50% rate.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - October 20, 2014, 02:01:57.
Reason for edit : Ninja'd.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788814  Replies : 6  Views : 171
posté Yesterday - 01:58:17 | #5

Quote (PrillinBomb @ 20 October 2014 01:27) *
So I have a couple of questions...

1 -- I'm embarrassed to admit I can't figure out how to whisper a specific person -- especially someone with spaces in their name. Tried "/w first last" but it just says "first does not exist."

Thanks!

Put quotations around their full name. If I want to message someone named Prillin Bomb for example, I would do [ /w "Prillin Bomb" ].

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788811  Replies : 6  Views : 171
posté Yesterday - 00:35:44 | #6
The Voyager's class data was not meant to be released on the public Beta.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788803  Replies : 161  Views : 5167
posté Yesterday - 00:28:42 | #7

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 19 October 2014 23:39) *
On a little side note from all this big news: I've only just now noticed they've named almost all residents of Astrub (when you enter their houses). Any easter eggs or hidden lore there? Seems funny and very Ankama-like to do so, but for now I haven't found any...

The houses belong to Ankama staff, game testers, and well-established members of the community. Fhenris, the level designer, was in charge of the new Astrub, hence why he owns the lone mansion.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788798  Replies : 1138  Views : 37226
posté October 19, 2014, 22:36:48 | #8
Please bare in mind that what has been seen on the Beta is a very early WIP of the class. The damage values are place-holders at the moment (20/AP for the majority at 160) and there are plenty of incomplete mechanics as well as restrictions that have yet to be put into place (e.g. increased costs for moving to portals further away, or maximum distances that can be traveled between portals like that of the Sram air trap).

You can judge at face value what to expect from the class but don't use any actual numerical values as an absolute of what is to come.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - October 19, 2014, 22:43:35.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788776  Replies : 161  Views : 5167
posté October 18, 2014, 20:45:19 | #9
They are Dimensional Voyagers and not Eliatrope, I assure you. Pandora questline is meant to be a work-around on the continuity error that would exist with Eliatrope being introduced.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788492  Replies : 1138  Views : 37226
posté October 18, 2014, 20:32:19 | #10
The correct explanation for this is the existence of the Dimensional Voyager(s).

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788485  Replies : 161  Views : 5167
posté October 18, 2014, 11:21:30 | #11

Quote (Aspiel @ 18 October 2014 11:15) *
Thankyou very much for the replies, that helps alot!

Now what im confused about is wether to go for Damage and Resist or Health and Resist?

I would recommend damage and resist. I would only recommend HP and resist for a tank-heavy Earth Sacrier, since their Coagulation is dependant on max HP and resist (rather than damage and resist like other shielder classes).

• Mango

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #788373  Replies : 5  Views : 517
posté October 18, 2014, 11:20:19 | #12

Quote (Lokoner @ 17 October 2014 22:35) *
Hmmm, the server I'm playing (Efrim) is very empty, so I'll probably not have opportunity to get end gear early on.

For the mount, what's the difference between close combat and precision for Sram? I read you recommend the first on, but I'm curious.

Edit: also, do you recommend any profession that would give me a "best gear" on a particular slot?

Precision damage will only affect spells that attack a single cell, meaning it wouldn't affect spells like First Blood or Forceful Blow. Close Combat on the other hand affects all attacks that strike within two cells of the Sram, meaning it affects all spells relevant to this build besides for the third cell of Forceful Blow and a three range Bled Dry. Bare in mind that the enemy's distance relative to the Sram when the Hemorrhage proc activates will be affected by this. If the enemy is three cells or more from the moment Hemorrhage procs, it will count as Distance damage.

Technically the Close Combat Weapon Master profession would lead you to a Grou's Axe, which in turn would become a Tranchus Shushu, which is superior to The Laughing Scythe at the endgame.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #788372  Replies : 129  Views : 22819
posté October 18, 2014, 11:13:07 | #13
I've no guarantee that it'll be done like that.

It seems more plausible within time constraints that the final damage bonuses will come one at a time with each class' second round of revamps, rather than in a global alteration.

I'll talk to them about it on Monday but they're going to be on some heavy time constraints with everything else planned for December.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788370  Replies : 10  Views : 519
posté October 18, 2014, 11:03:43 | #14
Typically when I level a new character I level it under a self-racing system called 18 game hours (ghr) where I just speedlevel for 18 in-game hours (with breaks in-between). This is usually over the course of two days, so I have to make sure it's two days where I have a lot of time. Why two days?

It takes me around an hour to get to level 80 starting a new character. Maybe less on a fast one. I've done four 18 ghr characters in the past month, and the results were something along the lines of 140, 147, 142, 133 as far as how far I was able to get them in eighteen hours. But these always took place in the span of two days, a.k.a. how long it takes for the Classy Respec quest to expire.

My tip to you for powerleveling a character and making use of it immediately afterwards, is to set aside two days where you can level from 30 to as high as you can. Stop at 29 with a new character, take a breather, find your time, then just go from 29 to so and such. And then after the second day right before the respec quest expires, then go up and make use of all of that precious spell XP that you missed out on by getting leeched. It'll all be refunded and made available to you.

• Mango

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #788367  Replies : 17  Views : 2894
posté October 17, 2014, 09:47:14 | #15
A bounce is AoE. Hand on Tock, Die Alright on a critical hit, Invigorating Word even if it heals only one player, allies healed by the heal bounce from that one Water Masqueraider skill (the actual hit of this attack is single target though) are all AoE-based.

• Mango

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #788144  Replies : 2  Views : 93
posté October 16, 2014, 21:54:58 | #16

Quote (picklesaregood @ 16 October 2014 21:45) *
enurado a 147 dungeon? if i recall correctly you couldnt even access the zone till 150, no?

and the dungeon it self was locked to 155 players for a majority of it's release, it was just lowered to 147 with a recent update

The zone is accessible as soon as level 145 (the Zaap for it will automatically unlock at this level). It was re-evaluated as far as difficulty goes to 147 characters (this seems more correct given how easy of a time capped players have with the dungeon), to also better fit the progression of dungeons (Srambad available at level 140, dungeon counterpart available two levels after).

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788031  Replies : 71  Views : 1691
posté October 16, 2014, 21:11:55 | #17

Quote (picklesaregood @ 16 October 2014 20:39) *
i hope ankama introduces some more "diffcult" content cause everything is so easy now its not even fun anymore even with all gear we're getting now

doesn't feel "earned" more like, given out to us out of pity

hardcore was designed to be... uhhh hard? yeah its a joke and we all know it

i guess thats the price for appealing to the casual player base, gotta dumb things down too

please give us something that is hard AND rewarding so this game could feel enjoyable again

feels like playing a game made for 12 year olds now with its difficulty level

This was more of a byproduct of the scaling that September introduced with how players evolved. Truthfully content wasn't tested thoroughly enough before launch, and it wasn't within reason to arbitrarily buff these things to just provide a challenge for players.

Though understand, Enurado is technically a level 147 instance that level 160 players using gear up to level 165 are challenging. And even then a team full of level 147 players should be able to clear Enurado Classic, while also being able to clear Enurado Hardcore with extreme adversity. The issue here is more of a lack of true endgame content. Meanwhile if players visit Hardcore Spectrex the Tormentor, they find themselves in the seventh circle of hell when it comes to difficulty. Unfortunately, the rewards of this place don't really merit that.

Overall this should be rectified with future content, which can be balanced around new player strength rather than adapting old player strength. We can, for example, assume now that your average player at level 160 has an epic and a Relic at this point in the game, and up the ante on enemy power and mechanics based off of that. Before, that was a grey line, because these items were difficult to obtain and balancing content around the status of owning these power-items was in the disinterest in a majority of the playerbase.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788020  Replies : 71  Views : 1691
posté October 16, 2014, 20:21:00 | #18
You can quote me on it here in two months time from now. The team's spending three months to make December a wild, wild month for Wakfu.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788008  Replies : 71  Views : 1691
posté October 16, 2014, 20:11:56 | #19
November will be a very small update. Expect anything major to be in December (content, revamp, etcetera). On the plus, group finder will likely be available in November, so solo players have that to look forward to at least (after many years of waiting for it).

For what it's worth, the process of re-designing a class, re-programming, and [some] re-animating a class to the level of Sram takes about one full month (without bug testing) of very dedicated work from the team. If it takes additional time to push these revamps out, it's because they're simultaneously working on other features (this is big, expect some huge gameplay surprises by the end of the year), content, or have other things on their plate.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - October 16, 2014, 20:15:43.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788006  Replies : 71  Views : 1691