Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Brokonaut's profile
Statistics
683 Posts (1.1 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 00:56:34 | #1
The timer remains 30 seconds. They had to use the 60 second timer though in order to not break the game since it's not fully programmed correctly yet on the Beta build.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - September 02, 2014, 01:03:35.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768997  Replies : 15  Views : 387
posté Yesterday - 20:42:57 | #2
They bonuses of specialization stats are not retroactively fitting to your spells. If a distance spell is used in close combat, it will still benefit from distance damage.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768854  Replies : 23  Views : 1012
posté Yesterday - 20:22:31 | #3
These values and attributes are extremely W.I.P. and in testing. They do not represent the final system at all.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768835  Replies : 5  Views : 257
posté Yesterday - 20:13:29 | #4
After numerous requests and some time to think in solace, I had this thread re-opened. To start things off, I'd like your feedback on the new rank one (top rank) wing design (Riktus' is still W.I.P). These are still W.I.P. as well. Personally I'm not a fan of the giant Gobball in Amakna's and Sufokia only makes me chuckle.

Concept wings (straight off the paper) for previous design reference.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - September 01, 2014, 20:34:28.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768828  Replies : 502  Views : 11205
posté Yesterday - 19:55:55 | #5
I have it under melee and precision under my files.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768807  Replies : 23  Views : 1012
posté Yesterday - 08:12:12 | #6
I can confirm that those spells are all correct. They're melee because they put you in the melee range and it fits in better with the branch's kit and theme.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768506  Replies : 23  Views : 1012
posté August 31, 2014, 23:54:15 | #7
To be fixed on Monday/Tuesday's build.

• Mango

Thread : New Bugs  Preview message : #768351  Replies : 1  Views : 173
posté August 31, 2014, 23:49:29 | #8

Quote (Nox16 @ 31 August 2014 22:40) *
Is this only for hardcore that boss's will do more than one fragment...

Classic mode boss also drops fragment quantity six. If something is particular to a certain mode or feature that I think is bad for players, I'll be explicit and concise about it. I don't beat around the bush with information. Don't take what I say for more than face value - you'll only agitate yourself by doing so.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 31, 2014, 23:51:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768346  Replies : 99  Views : 1013
posté August 30, 2014, 23:04:37 | #9
Wings for the top ranked PvP player of each nation + respective nation knight costumes (PvP reward costume that evolves based off of your rank).

Probably some touch-ups before it's actually released. They look exactly as they were on the concept paper hence why it looks like they were drawn on with a pencil.

Scaling might be a little off too. Too tall, not wide enough. Questionable. The costumes in the photos are at their max evolution.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 30, 2014, 23:09:27.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767883  Replies : 58  Views : 1439
posté August 30, 2014, 22:55:06 | #10

Quote (Nox16 @ 30 August 2014 22:53) *
oh that really sucks then would they ever consider maybe letting them drop if they cut it in half for them?

On a different issue will all gear gotten from a machine be linked?

I've not a clue. I can talk to them about it after September, because I think it would be a nice little buff for solo players.

All items that are obtained from the token machine no matter what they are are account-bound.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767881  Replies : 502  Views : 11205
posté August 30, 2014, 22:48:17 | #11

Quote (arthuriko1 @ 30 August 2014 21:50) *
Mango, considering how much more time hardcore dungeons take, wouldn't it be better to have them give more tokens? I mean, one hardcore spore dungeon takes way more than 2 normal spore runs right now. Also the chances of losing sometimes etc, since it's not just steamrolling mobs.

Considering you can trade down tokens from Hardcore to Classic, it shouldn't be awful. Plus you still retain the opportunity to drop unique powerful gear in HC mode, so there should always be plenty of incentive to try to run HC whenever you can.

Quote (Nox16 @ 30 August 2014 22:30) *
will *sidekicks* drop tokens? i doubt they will but im curious if they will or not. I mean is it that bad if they actually do? one player will at most get 30 tokens a run. OH GOD they may farm things faster.

Nope. Sidekicks cannot be rewarded tokens from clearing dungeons nor do they drop element Transmutation Runes.

Quote (Varonth @ 30 August 2014 22:34) *
So how much Coagulation does a Sacrier now generate per AP spent?

At 8000 health 1% is a 80 health shield.
At level 200 a earth feca spell will generate 15 earth shield per AP spent.

So you need 533% earth damage to catch up to 80 shield.

Whoops. I kind of misread things. Coagulation the buff itself was changed. You'll generate the same amount of Coagulation, but each stack of Coagulation protects you for 0.5% of your HP instead of 1.0% of your health.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 30, 2014, 22:50:06.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767879  Replies : 502  Views : 11205
posté August 30, 2014, 22:14:47 | #12
There is visible progression now of where you stand relative to others. If you're fighting to be the best in the current live build, you have no proof that you're the strongest except for belief and word-of-mouth.

People don't aggress people on the live servers because it's always duels at the Almanax Temple. War is so rare, there's no sense of nationality in combat.

But politics should be tied to a political revamp. So long as this system encourages players to fight one another and become competitive, it's doing its job well.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767867  Replies : 58  Views : 1439
posté August 30, 2014, 22:10:43 | #13
With the same person, they can create six linked Relics with that same effort and they wouldn't have titles or auras related to that. But they choose to use those dropped fragments to create something that confers aesthetic value instead.

Your broad assumptions are cynical.

• Mango

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #767864  Replies : 16  Views : 1045
posté August 30, 2014, 22:01:40 | #14
There's a good reason. You fight to be the strongest of your nation and to kill members of the enemy nations. You just happen to get rewards along the way.

You're talking about a nation as if a nation is a person with a mind of its own. You're not thinking about the individuals that comprise the nation itself and ultimately are the nation.

Maybe you don't care about glory or boasting, but there are many who would like to put their PvP prowess to the test to be the strongest fighter. And this system offers them that opportunity by pitting them against fighters of enemy nations (which there will always be at least two enemy nations, at all times).

This isn't a political revamp, keep that in mind. This is a PvP system, part of a much grander scheme. And it accomplishes that feat well by strongly encouraging aggression among players who wish to participate.

There's a sense of progression with PvP with this update with wings, items, and other special features. There's no sense in PvPing now, other than fighting-just-to-fight.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 30, 2014, 22:07:17.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767863  Replies : 58  Views : 1439
posté August 30, 2014, 21:43:06 | #15
Easy Mode = 5 Classic Tokens
Normal Mode = 10 Classic Tokens
Hardcore Mode = 10 Hardcore Tokens

The amount of tokens needed to redeem a fragment is dependent on whether or not a dungeon has a Hardcore Mode. A Souleater Fragment may cost 13 Classic Tokens while a Powerful Dazzling Belt Fragment may cost 6 or 7 Classic Tokens.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767855  Replies : 502  Views : 11205
posté August 30, 2014, 21:32:44 | #16
There are incentives to PvP beyond just glory. Restrictions on grouping with enemy nations are removed. Refer to this post.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767850  Replies : 58  Views : 1439
posté August 30, 2014, 20:59:30 | #17

Quote (Elithril @ 30 August 2014 20:30) *
Coagulation gain should be more then halfed, since the maximum HP of Sacriers will increase so much - they gain, as everyone else, more base health through equipment and can, on top of their passive, put points into getting even more additional % maximum health.

Mango, will shields really only be able to absorb half of the damage dealt and the rest applies to the character? Why don't they just half all the base shield values, instead of leaving them untouched and modify it in this weird way?

I really dislike the bread change. You need a bunch of breads to heal to full HP, it will be even more when everyone has higher HP. And the new bread recipes cost so much time - that's just disproportional. I guess i'll buy all breads i can and keep skipping turn shortly before the end of the fight, so the healers can bring everyone to full HP before the killing blow to the last enemy was dealt.

Also, fishing is already the by far worst profession. It's horrible to level it and now it will even take even more time to fish? Or is the reason the item which halves time to collect stuff?

And will we really see costumes that give stats? If yes, will we get them via PVP or cash shop?

1. It's quite alright. The shields only absorb a certain amount of damage per hit (70%) and the Coagulation generation was halved. It shouldn't be too overpowered in PvP, where a well-built endgame Sacrier can approach a little above 8'000 HP in solo battle, which I think is fair enough.

2. Because previously the shields served as a buffer between the enemy and your HP. Now it just serves as mitigation. Some values may change before September (especially regarding Sadida's since it's not generated on attack).

3. Bread will be buffed and scaled up considerably to make up for this.

4. Tentative design. An old concept was that your profession level relative to the level of the thing you were harvesting would affect that gather speed. And then the level of your profession would affect how much of a resource your harvested. But I don't really know (and neither do [Dy] or [Exi]) what's going on with it right now. More info probably with the crafting revamp later this year.

5. No. You can neglect those costumes. They will not be relevant.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 30, 2014, 21:07:22.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767845  Replies : 502  Views : 11205
posté August 30, 2014, 19:45:04 | #18
We'll get to it assuredly. Let's get through September first, when the pressure is substantially less and we can get to these kinds of alterations without thinking "oh I need to get w, x, and y done before z or else we're going to have an incomplete September patch".

The gravity of the situation is that if we can't complete all these systems, mechanic changes, and features in time for September, it'll be an incomplete release that's staggered into the next month.

While that does not sound like such an awful thing for anyone who's been a player of this game for so long like any of us, for a new player who just enters the game for the first time via the Steam client in September, to have to re-learn entire features not even a month into playing...

It would reflect very negatively. This is why it's imperative our focuses are on the major changes of September, and not as much on minor re-balances and changes that we would like to have.

First impressions for the new faces of the Wakfu community everybody!

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 30, 2014, 20:13:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767834  Replies : 502  Views : 11205
posté August 30, 2014, 19:35:31 | #19

Quote (Agosta @ 30 August 2014 19:29) *
So basically the suggestions forum in shouting into an empty hallway as I posted the suggestion almost 5 months ago and haven't heard a single comment.

Different game design team compared to five months ago. This team has only started its work for major September patch, and we're on a limited time constraint to basically change the entire game as you know it (without any possibility of a deadline extension).

We deployed some changes to compensate classes that would have been otherwise nerfed by these changes (Enutrof PP, Stasis Foggernaut, classes that use CMC). Anything that isn't nerfed by these changes that works fine competitively right now is a second priority compared to getting this update in time.

For something so trivial, you need to be patient. We'll get to it if you give us time. Sadida dolls were overlooked by this new team but within a few days of being notified of their lackluster viability in conjunction with the removal of CMC damages, they got to work on it and have something that works well now for the time being until the Sadida's revamp.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 30, 2014, 19:37:13.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767831  Replies : 502  Views : 11205