Brokonaut's profile
Statistics
631 Posts (1.04 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté August 17, 2014, 05:04:01 | #1

Quote (revsky69 @ 17 August 2014 03:49) *
May i ask the full stats on nettlez?

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763727  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 17, 2014, 02:30:41 | #2
Nevermind. I suppose after September, you'll be content with the changes. If not, I don't know what to say. There's no arguing math but you seem fervent in your opinion of being a victim of these changes.

466% Stasis damage prior to Stasis mastery (live) vs. 491% 511% (guild bonus taken into account) Stasis damage prior to Stasis mastery (new system). Stasis damage mastery isn't going to just magically vanish with these new changes. You can trust me about that fact. You lose some initiative and critical hits, but if you don't think it's worth a gain of nearly 600 HP, nearly 100% all resists, nearly 50% extra stasis damage, lock, dodge...

I only hope that other Stasis Foggernauts realize how good of a change this is for them.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 17, 2014, 02:52:15.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763699  Replies : 418  Views : 17957
posté August 16, 2014, 22:08:26 | #3

Quote (Asthis @ 16 August 2014 22:03) *
They are going to revamp all the classes so anything that's broken will be fixed.

This is really the thing. Anything done now is just a temporary fix. Once the classes are properly revamped, everyone's qualms with unbalances and broken builds should be alleviated. Just need time so we can finish up with September's revamp and we can then tackle the next batch of tasks.

What will be done to fix the absence of CMC damage for the two summoner classes will be communicated next week. It should be okay for the time being.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763638  Replies : 418  Views : 17957
posté August 16, 2014, 21:10:37 | #4

Quote (Brokonaut @ 16 August 2014 20:56) *
It was one of the 100 missing items that I did not have on-hand. I'll either catch it in the next item reveal stream for the low level items, or you can also log in to the beta server and access it. If not, I'll search around for it and post a screencap of the stats in an edit below here if no one beats me to it.

• Mango

It has not yet been changed.

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 16 August 2014 21:00) *
Mango the the old set effects are still shown in the beta, will they be removed completely? Its weird that magmog's set still gives fire dmg while its random now.

Old set bonuses will be removed. The removed stats from the bonuses will be added directly onto the items in the set.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763623  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 16, 2014, 20:56:30 | #5
It was one of the 100 missing items that I did not have on-hand. I'll either catch it in the next item reveal stream for the low level items, or you can also log in to the beta server and access it. If not, I'll search around for it and post a screencap of the stats in an edit below here if no one beats me to it.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763618  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 16, 2014, 20:50:06 | #6
Just to clarify, there was no definitive decision to make precision, AoE, melee, and ranged damage apply to summons. That was merely speculation.

What is known is that a mechanic will be designed to allow summons to gain additional damage based off of the Osamodas' (and most likely Sadida's) highest damage mastery (a percentage). This should easily compensate for the loss of CMC damage while also encouraging the summoner to pursue a role as a combat summoner.

Nox16, you said you were 30-50% damage lower than your live version. And yet, you haven't seen your damage with the new tri-element Stasis damage system, and you were missing both guild bonuses and Clan Members on top of that (those alone should make up for your damage deficit before the new system at 40%). You're shouting outrages when you will be for a fact a more powerful Foggernaut after September. What's up with that?

There are a ton of ranged and single target stats on gear on top of that. Mostly ranged to say the least. Stasis Foggernaut remains a competitive and powerful class overall, if not more powerful than their previous iteration. Especially with the new feature to max out more spells and apply more stats via characteristics in September.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 16, 2014, 20:50:31.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763615  Replies : 418  Views : 17957
posté August 16, 2014, 05:33:37 | #7
Thanks for all the people who tuned in. We streamed for 3 3/4 hours reviewing about 450 items. A recording can be found here. I'm not sure if Twitch will mute any of it since I was listening to Spotify while I was streaming, but maybe a few people may be able to catch the recording before that happens. When they mute it they also make the video basically unviewable.

Anyways, if anyone still has any questions, we're still open to questions here. The next info stream will likely be next week to show low level items, the new characteristics system, and the new spell point XP system.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763489  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 16, 2014, 00:41:13 | #8

Quote (kurokat @ 15 August 2014 03:06) *
More questions on Foggers.

How does the special elements play into Stasis damage (i.e. Ranged, Precision, Destruction, Melee)?

Since Stasis is buffed currently by the average of the 4 elements plus half of the Stasis Spell Mastery, I was wondering where those special elements take place, if at all. Will it be 1/4th of those will go to the Stasis Mastery (such as it is from a mono element), or will it give say the whole benefit of the special type?

If it gives the whole benefit of the special type, then Stasis Foggers could have an insane boost in their mastery just from using only the special elements.

- Kat

Just like any other damage type. It applies directly to the spell and doesn't get divvied up. And such, the first three are ranged/precision while Stasis Strike is ranged/AoE adn Aynaloxide is melee/AoE. One might argue that these special damage characteristics are ultimately more powerful than your typical characteristics in that regard.

Quote (revsky69 @ 15 August 2014 07:19) *
How do items from token machine works? are they account bound? random elements too? also if you roll the element that you dont need, is there any way to re-roll again?

thx in advance

Items you redeem from the token machine are account bound. You can use the Transmutation orbs (discussed elsewhere) to re-roll the elements found on any items as many times as you feel fit.

Quote (Carnviroiasiraed @ 15 August 2014 08:04) *
Is there any news about the panda revamp? Or is that not happening soon?

Pandawa revamp comes after Sram revamp. As soon as possible.

Quote (Elithril @ 15 August 2014 17:03) *
Question: Is it still planned to add new specialities for each class (aka lvl 100+ revamp)? So we will have more then 10 to choose from? If yes, will we get more points to skill them or use the ones we have at the moment? And will they all be passive or will we also get ne active skills?

Eventually there will be more specialties. Not soon, but certainly before you have the opportunity to max out all ten current ones.

- - -

Technical issues aside, I'll be streaming tonight (setting up as I write this message out).

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763450  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 15, 2014, 01:41:11 | #9

Quote (Nox16 @ 15 August 2014 01:34) *
in the beta now i having the gear i have now i am below by like 30 or 50 stasis damage. The only buffs im missing is from my guild and thats not that much more damage. So i guess im not well geared guess i spent all those months for nothing.

Most likely because the new damage system for Stasis Foggernaut with the three elements focus has not yet been implemented on the Beta server.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763110  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 15, 2014, 01:31:21 | #10

Quote (Nox16 @ 14 August 2014 23:11) *
I have a question. Have any of them ever tried to play a stasis foggernaut. Tri element stuff... Im sure its going to be extremely hard to get. Stasis foggernauts are the one of the most if not number one gear dependent class in this game. We have to have such specific items even to work and one now half of them dont even work/ relics/ epics dont work anymore. With the whole tri element idea wouldnt that make it even harder now to get any good stasis damage amount... i mean yeah i guess we can use relics and epics but what about all the other slots of gear.

Even built less focused into general damage, you should be able to reach your old damages with just hybrid gear + ease of access general damage gear where applicable. Ultimately, a well-geared Stasis Foggernaut after the change should be much more powerful than one before the change while a subpar geared one should still be able to reach their old damages without too much of a hassle.

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 14 August 2014 23:52) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 14 August 2014 22:15) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 14 August 2014 22:07) *
Will Gobgob eventually benefit from the various damages since using Gobgob seems really lackluster now if they won't?

Yes. The Gobgob's spells have already been flagged to work with these stats. If they aren't already benefiting from special damage attributes, they will soon.

• Mango
Happy to heard that, but what about other summons that take into account dmg% of caster (dolls, bombs, glyphs?).

Bombs already take into account ranged/AoE damages. So do glyphs. However I do not believe that dolls do yet (I'm not seeing the flag data for it). This may change before September. I'll let you know if it does.

Quote (axemangx @ 15 August 2014 01:22) *
Any info on how they feel about certain classes like Ecas, Rogues, Xelors, etc?

Ecaflip are a fickle situation because of their nature of too powerful vs. useless turns. If something is done, it'll be to reduce the random factor of some spells while keeping the class as abnormal as it is now. It is otherwise a fairly balanced class when you factor in the good with the bad.

Earth Rogue feel a bit too powerful right now. Their high base damage combined with very high elemental mastery and resistance debuff and AoE make them one of the most powerful contenders for long range damage in the game by a noticeable margin. This fact will only be pushed further once September hits and players find themselves with more damage than they've ever been faced with than before.

Xelor I explained earlier in this thread is a bit too much of a do-it-all class. The most sensible thing I can imagine happening is the water branch being buffed while the air/fire branch being nerfed damage-wise. That way the water branch becomes a more appealing option and a little bit less of an AP buff machine.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 15, 2014, 01:32:34.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763108  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 14, 2014, 22:24:26 | #11
I considered applying to become the second English CM but because the role requires you to move to France (so you'd be more flexible for the European timezones) I unfortunately had to dismiss the notion.

If you ever wonder why our dear Sabi always seems frantically busy, it's because she's working with communities up to nine hours of timezone ahead of her. The poor gal probably never gets any sleep. She really works her hardest for this community.

In any case I'm happy to continue answering questions as you guys ask them. I think it's great that two of the game's most prominent game designers are so cooperative with the English communities. We've never had this before and it's a great change of pace and awesome timing with a huge population boom from Steam right around the corner.

• Mango

Edit:

Quote (visitor888 @ 14 August 2014 22:19) *
PS, Will there be an in-game indicator for spells that shows which secondary damage buffs apply? It would be nice to just mouse over the spell and see "oh, that's melee and aoe" without looking it up.

Yes, the plan is to add something to the tool-tip to inform the players the flags of a spell (precision, zone, melee, ranged). However this may not make it by the September revamp. I'll try to by tomorrow evening have a post in the Combat Strategy section of the forums with all the spell flags for every spell, so at least you guys would have a reference point.

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 14, 2014, 22:28:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763046  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 14, 2014, 22:15:15 | #12

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 14 August 2014 22:07) *
Will Gobgob eventually benefit from the various damages since using Gobgob seems really lackluster now if they won't?

Yes. The Gobgob's spells have already been flagged to work with these stats. If they aren't already benefiting from special damage attributes, they will soon.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 14, 2014, 22:16:01.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763042  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 14, 2014, 20:59:33 | #13
Hi guys, some new answers for you all.

Foggernauts ask: These changes to items like Relics and general damage items feel like a massive nerf to the Stasis branch. What will be done about this?

A new mechanic will be put in place to make Stasis damage dependent on the three strongest elements rather than cumulative of all four. This should, after all things be considered, be a buff to the branch's damage without any loss.

Otomai's Breastplate users ask: Why was my Relic nerfed?

The defensive stat is a bit too expensive right now, making the breastplate a little less interesting than what it should be. These stats are subject to change before the September revamp.

As breastplates no longer have critical hits, these critical hits on it are exotic. The difference between the Relic breastplates and non-Relic breastplates as far as critical hits go remain the same. A difference of three.

People ask: With all these buffs to equipment how do characteristics and low priority passives of general damage (e.g. Compulsion for 40% general damage in the Iop tree) scale as well?

Characteristics will be reworked. While you may not have as much direct control of what you increase, the stats gained through this system should be substantially higher than what you earn now with five characteristic points per level and players should see a global increase of all stats afterwards once they re-allocate using this system. Even if you put all your points into damage before, you will likely gain damage after this system and then also gain everywhere else, as well.

As for the damage passives that scale very poorly (being overpowered in the early game and useless in the late game) we'll start to see a transition from general damage passives to final damage passives. That way the effect of the passive remains consistent and useful throughout all stages of character progression.

People who hate the new combat interface UI: This sucks and it's too cluttered and AHRG.

Already working on it!

Cash shop item owners: What's happening to cash shop items?

They will not be changed at all. None of them.

bimbokattiwo asks: Mango sorry but i not undestand ! but for september patch at every class have new spell lvl 100? ty for reply

When September rolls out, players will be able to have more spells at a high level no matter what your build is (mono, hybrid, tribrid). This is in part a reason why a lot of general damage items were changed.

The formula for masteries gained from this will be changed. This is currently tentative. You'll be able to test this feature next week on the Beta server!

Neneko88 asks: what happened to "50 runs for level 125 relic?"o.o
9 tokens for powerful dazzling belt? That's almost 100 emiw runs..

That is a mistake! Since that dungeon does not have a Hardcore mode the classic rate should be lower. Maybe six tokens, but definitely not nine!

altamoure asks: Are tamed abominations keeping their control?

Yes.

ThyHolyOverlord asks: Mango, I've really enjoyed penalty gear at the lower levels, gear that focusses on particular stats and ruins other points completely. Think of that crit dmg and crit tofu set. Will we see a comeback of penalty gear and will we get it a higher levels to?

So global revamp #1 will focus on dodge/lock, token, sram, items, droprate, some bosses and resistance and is coming in september. Global revamp #2 will focus on jobs, crafting, politics, pvp and riktus as 5th nation. Did i get that right? Estimated release date November or December I'd guess?

What i haven heard and is news regarding the Enutrof pouches. Ankama stated that enutrofs are the reason for the horrible droprate because they have/had absurds amounts of prospecting and can force enemies to drop items. Will we see it changed or removed during the first global revamp?

1. Maybe at the endgame. But not with the current items! The idea of penalty items to increase the stat weight pool of an item is an enticing idea to make players take hard pressed decisions at the endgame.

2. The Riktus and PvP #1 revamps are coming this September. The 'global revamp two' will focus on professions, PvP #2, and maybe class revamps. No announced ETA.

3. We don't think drop rates are so low because of the Enutrof and pouches. We think it's... because it's actually low. The reason the drop rate is probably low is because since the level cap was 100 way back when, they needed super rare items to give players to go after. However the drop rates have remained consistent since that point, despite level 100 being a fast point in a player's progression cycle now. Hopefully the drop revamp of September should mitigate this a little bit.

Elithril asks: Question: Is Ankama planning to change anything about the rune system? Now that they scale up the stats of all items while changing how dmg/res % work, spending much money to get that additional 10% dmg/resist almost seems a waste. Additionally, since we all have to swap gear, we runed the gear we wear now in vain.

Question: Will we see runes for PP/Wisdom now, which were already promised in the rune revamp but secretly condemned, although they were announced in the dvblog of the rune revamp?

Question: Will buff food, pets and mounts be "scaled up" too? Since they would be weakened if mobs and gear stats would improve but theirs wouldn't.

Runes won't be a focus for quite some. Maybe one day though.

Food may be buffed a bit. Pets will not be changed (minus CMC pets). Mounts are tentative.

- - -

Big thanks to [Dy7] for helping answering most of these. Also [Exi] who is here in spirit (but went home again).

I'm going to go set up my stream now. Some technical problems and the stream is postponed. Kind of difficult to jam 540 items into your inventory.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 14, 2014, 21:24:04.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763013  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 12, 2014, 11:19:38 | #14
We had a live Q&A a couple nights ago. Additional questions couldn't hurt, now that a lot of the information we revealed for the first time during the Q&A has likely filtered throughout the community by now.

It should likely happen again in the nearby future. Though due to the impulsiveness of the Q&A I didn't quite have someone readily available to take notes on questions we answered. Hence why there is no written transcript of what was answered during it.

I've been meandering through threads these past few days answering inquiries as I can. The developers in question have been doing the same whenever the opportunity arises that demands their response.

If players want to make a universal thread for questions specific to content and balancing or do so to this one, then by all means. A lot of the questions proposed in the dev bucket thread we cannot answer, as it is not in our discussions or their designation of work.

We'll answer as we can.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762270  Replies : 268  Views : 6487
posté August 12, 2014, 02:08:49 | #15
A spell is always either ranged or melee, but some spells can retroactively swap between AoE and precision.

Ranged spells do not benefit from melee damage in close combat. However it is still in melee range, hence being able to complete the melee challenge with them. Die Alright will always benefit from ranged damage, even if you use it at one range.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762174  Replies : 24  Views : 458
posté August 11, 2014, 18:39:51 | #16
I'll inform them about the chest thing. All items obtained before the revamp, no matter where their location, should be able to have selectable elements.

Furthermore I'll try my hardest to let you all know which items are undergoing changes that may heavily impact a player's build.

From what I've seen, the only items that can drastically affect a build are a few rings and the Genetically Modified Set minus the epaulettes (which has mostly been modified to become an AoE healer set).

Items are otherwise typically buffed to become more powerful all around. You won't be weaker after the revamp for 95% of cases, but finding the most optimal gear route can be tricky, especially since so many items will become useful to players now.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762030  Replies : 27  Views : 804
posté August 11, 2014, 18:34:53 | #17
No worries. The new Iop will indeed be an engaging class that makes you think a little bit more than just spamming Jabs and Iop's Wrath all day long.

The same applies for all classes that one might consider simple to play right now. Almost all classes should be easy to play effectively for most intents and purposes, and difficult to master in the trickiest scenarios where only ingenious plays and strategy can prevail (for example undergeared vs. higher content). That is a point I forgot to mention in my previous post.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762027  Replies : 418  Views : 17957
posté August 11, 2014, 17:17:19 | #18
In general classes should have more interesting effects beyond just dealing static damage. Elemental synergy is desired, in such a way that entices the player to consider moving away from mono-elemental builds...

There should be strong mechanics within a specific elemental branch itself (for example the new water branch on the Sram), however there should also be enough interaction from one elemental branch to the next.

Specialties and actives should also serve to be far more useful purposes to the point where all ten specialties should be enticing, and the decision to max certain ones should nearly make you feel uneasy to being unable to max the rest!

Yet ultimately, all classes should be unique. This is what the biggest point to make is. Feca should be the master of ultimate defense (which he/she is a bit excessively now). Sram should be the master of assassination, and deal the deadliest burst in close combat (which they will do soon) along with tricky map manipulation play. There should be a major distinction of what each class brings to a party when you decide to add them to your group. To the point where you and your teammates are fully aware of the generalization and focus of your party composition is before the battle begins, beyond just damage, damage, damage.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761998  Replies : 418  Views : 17957
posté August 11, 2014, 01:39:35 | #19
Hi all.

The deactivation of Astrub as a safe zone is only on the Beta server at this time in order to facilitate testing of the ranking systems. Since nobody really PvMs or explores outside of the Almanax zone, this has been the easiest way to test this.

The safety of the Almanax/Astrub zone remains on the live server, at least for now. If something changes, you'll know well in advance. Nothing is really set in stone right now since a compromise must be reached to keep players who do not wish to participate safe but to allow the open world PvP to thrive once the system goes live.

Regarding the PvP system, understand that when the mechanic goes live, if you do not wish to participate in the PvP ranking any other player will not have a reason to kill you any more than they do now. Killing a player flagged for passivity yields no score to one's PvP rank and is as pointless as it is now to attack somebody.

Players ultimately should be free to go about their business as they wish without having to worry that they are a valuable target for enemy PvPers.

I've submitted Neneko88's idea as a suggestion to [ExiTeD] and [Dy7]. It may have some interesting application in the future Nation v. Nation mechanics, though likely not for the PvP revamp.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 11, 2014, 01:57:29.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761794  Replies : 17  Views : 450
posté August 09, 2014, 07:00:11 | #20
Every class is being revamped again. This does include Sadida, as well as classes that were revamped very well like Xelor and Feca... I only used two classes that were very niche classes with linear specialties and little to no elemental synergy as an example.

It's a new class revamp team with a new vision of how classes should be. And it starts with Sram.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 09, 2014, 07:05:46.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761248  Replies : 418  Views : 17957