Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

PidgeonX's profile
Statistics
407 Posts (0.12 per day)
Most active in : Politics
posté October 14, 2014, 19:24:52 | #1
Renewed in ranks, Signature is still open for recruits. Amakna based guild aiming to be a friendly family.

Post here to join, or PM Vula, Woobot, Tasa, Eel, Gobbleh, Rayne or me.

-Blantuise, Rayne
and the High Officer-team.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #787394  Replies : 106  Views : 8967
posté January 18, 2014, 12:19:58 | #2
Ennasohs

If the Shustuft Crust is the anti-thesis of Crusty Road in terms of cosyness, this Shushu might adopt the anti-thesis of Shosanne and her lovely buns.

Thread : News  Preview message : #665677  Replies : 140  Views : 3885
posté January 03, 2014, 12:41:18 | #3
Starting in a few minutes! Come to the Island everyone. There's a boat at Crusty Road headed this way.

Sorry for all the hard workers that cannot come. Rayne and I still have our xmas holiday, so no studying 'till monday. But it certainly won't be the last hunger games event, even if Rayne won't run for governor any mandate soon.

Thread : Events  Preview message : #659463  Replies : 13  Views : 1304
posté January 02, 2014, 13:21:52 | #4
Thanks for everything Rayne ^^
Glad to still have you co-leading the guild

So many good memories too... lets celebrate it at the Hunger Games event. And lets hope the next governor is aiming as much at unity and an ever-friendly Amakna as you did.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #659043  Replies : 10  Views : 1072
posté December 11, 2013, 09:59:31 | #5

Quote (Troyle @ 11 December 2013 09:54) *
We got confirmation that the item is not lost but only stored in an invisible space.

We will fix this as soon as possible and make your items available again.
Ah, good news. I "lost" my farmer costumes on Beelzebug, but glad to be getting in back.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650355  Replies : 11  Views : 1020
posté December 11, 2013, 08:49:52 | #6
Haha, The max level was 105 back then, and we're a 30+ guild. Our average level was level 60 back then! And we didn't go to 5th because Amakna had a much friendlier and cosier market, all by the hard work of Rayne, the government members and all 7 represented guilds.

We had a few high levels leaving, but that had nothing to do with you. It's because our focus has always been on helping the lowbies. This is also the reason why Amakna doesn't protect arachnees (the best means of getting xp on mid level without leeching) actively. High levels leaving was because the majority of our guild doesn't/didn't do high level content, but which with recent guild fusions has started to take off. Another reason is that we don't allow people to aggres others under the Signature banner. --Also, the majority joined Jabberstuck, an important ally of ours.

You so have no idea what being a governor is all about. Hunting down your own citizens or beginner-players because they're in a guild you dislike; that really makes me sick sometimes. And "enjoy the feeling of being gov"? It's a fulltime job! It's a lot of hard work if you want to know the opinions of everyone in your nation and decide how to act based on that feedback. It's really egocentric if you believe being gov is about enjoying the feeling, one isn't gov for himself.

I know you help people and act very nice, but its exactly statements in these kind of posts that shows your true nature. I'll leave it in the middle what that is, so people can decide for themselves. I don't want to use the forums to shame you or to throw words like "mental" or "who are fucked up" towards my political adversaries... but yea, I believe it says a lot about you.

Sorry for hijacking your topic for this pickpocket &/or Shino. Perhaps a mod can seperate it, or maybe we can talk it over ingame, Cloudi.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #650309  Replies : 14  Views : 677
posté December 10, 2013, 22:13:23 | #7
I don't think the topic will be deleted. I see no shaming or rudeness, Pickpocket is just asking question. The only thing that seems a little degrading in my eyes is the "LOL" in the end, perhaps the tone a little, but other then that they're just some legit questions (plus, it seems pickpocket wasn't aware of Shino's earlier mandates). To which I think Shino could give some great answers, because I feel she actually has done stuff for the nation.

@MEMW: I don't think this is the right topic to discuss about it. You're free to have your own opinion ofcourse, but I don't see giving free stuff and verbally or (ingame) physically attacking people that disagree with your guild members as a better treatment towards guildies. Love and attention is worth more than that, imo. It's also strange that you take out your disagreement with 1 person representing a nation on their (entire) guild, especially since you mostly took it out on lowbies and Bontarians while you were the Bontarian governor. That wouldn't be my way. Trying to talk disagreements over is always better than fighting, especially if you're dragging third paries into the fight (again, in my opinion). Starting a fight is weaker than starting a conversation; no matter how many times you attack(ed) me, I never attacked you even once, always used my 30 seconds per turn to talk: I feel thats the better way to lead a guild and/or a country.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #650023  Replies : 14  Views : 677
posté December 10, 2013, 19:21:50 | #8
I think with the new statue layouts, new statues will no longer replace the old statues, but will simply be put on a next place. It won't be until all statue-spots got a statue that the first will be erased. At least, thats what I think.

I don't think governors of the past who did a great job, like both Fhil and Rayne, deserve to have their statue removed there, because they did a lot for the nation, and it gives veteran players a memory of times gone-by. However, with election with less then 100 votes, perhaps it should be impossible at all to get a statue. Way to easy to cheat one that way.

And MEW, I'm guessing you haven't been at Amakna much. Rayne does sooo much for the nation. You'll almost never run into her when she's not PMing with 2+ citizens to hear feedback and ask their opinions. I've yet to see a governor from another nation be that involved with literally every player of their nation, regardless of their opinions or where they come from.

Also, as I recall it, nobody has ever left Signature because you herrassed (or hunted, in your words) a few of them (the lower levels mainly). I do know a few cases where people left to join your guild because you gave them free stuff and they liked your personality so much, which is their free choice.

More on topic, with 40% of my characters being Brakmarian I care about the Brakmarian nation too. I understand the need to try the new system out, and also that it might not be the best means to try it out. Still, I don't think you're doing a bad job Shino. So keep it up!

This post has been edited by PidgeonX - December 10, 2013, 19:22:19.
Thread : Politics  Preview message : #649895  Replies : 14  Views : 677
posté November 28, 2013, 22:34:54 | #9
Most subscription time is most loyal? How about most rich?
Why not look at the dates of creating an Ankama account and is still active. Or the accounts that are still active and participated in the 2008 Beta?
Nah, jk.

my 1 year sub ends arround end feb, begin march, so I guess I can prolong early for some multimen goodness :3

Looking forward to the update!

Thread : News  Preview message : #643173  Replies : 57  Views : 2697
posté November 21, 2013, 13:39:07 | #10
Your graph is awesome and really quite nice. One suggestion though: At higher level the total ammount of items isn't that big a deal? Maybe in stead of calculating the total ammount of items you could calculate the total ammount of items of the last 20-30 levels? Cuz lower level equipments are uneffective anyways.

Still a good job! Keep it up  

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #638551  Replies : 48  Views : 3382
posté November 20, 2013, 10:32:57 | #11

Quote (Eddaos @ 20 November 2013 10:04) *
Being able to sell them for kamas works against p2w by providing a way to get them in game without shelling out actual cash but it also works toward p2w by letting players basically trade $$$ for kamas. Similar to how things were when maka weapons were selling for good kamas.

I honestly don't know if I care about p2w at this point. The people who want to p2w already multi-client full teams. Just do something...anything really...to get some life and players back into this game.
Repeat: I understand that making the items tradeable may appear that it'll be less p2w, but this exactly feeds it. It gives irl rich players a monopoly over the poor, giving them easier means to get a lot of kamas, thus better equips, thus better means of training, thus a stronger character in the end. (that doesn't only go up for multimen but all the boutique items ofcourse. However, I could imagine these multimen are very much wanted and thus can rake up a huge ammount of kamas, unlike cosmetics or a maka weapon (these days))

NEW: in the beginning Maka's were p2w as well. Everyone wanted these weapons and they were expensive in the markets. Better weapons and easier access to kamas changed that to some extend, but anyone spending a kama on a boutique item is fuelling someone who paid real life cash to get ingame cash and thus without gaming effort became better than someone else who did no gaming effort (pay 2 win in stead of play 2 win).

Thanks for the update Troyle. I'm especially glad to hear that the free one is supposed to be just as effective as the paid one's!

Thread : News  Preview message : #637987  Replies : 186  Views : 9343
posté November 20, 2013, 09:05:01 | #12
Even though I like the idea of a sidekick, I generally agree with Shaleigh: p2w is bad, mkay. However, next to the Astrub one, luckely there are also Lumino and Shadow sidekick that come for "free" with your subscribsion.

But... A treechnid Sidekick!? I NEEDZ THAT!

Edit: ooh some posts came up while I was writing the above. I feel it is pay2win. I understand that making the items tradeable may appear that it'll be less p2w, but this exactly feeds it. It gives irl rich players a monopoly over the poor, giving them easier means to get a lot of kamas, thus better equips, thus better means of training, thus a stronger character in the end. (that doesn't only go up for multimen but all the boutique items ofcourse. However, I could imagine these multimen are very much wanted and thus can rake up a huge ammount of kamas, unlike cosmetics or a maka weapon (these days))

I agree with you, Kat, that it this update sounds cool to me too, and I am looking forward to it. But the game slowly turning towards a p2w system, as described above, isn't good in general. People shouldn't favor the rich over the poor, imo.

This post has been edited by PidgeonX - November 20, 2013, 09:14:25.
Thread : News  Preview message : #637931  Replies : 186  Views : 9343
posté November 12, 2013, 20:37:20 | #13

Quote (Merriden @ 12 November 2013 20:28) *

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 12 November 2013 20:24) *

Quote (PidgeonX @ 12 November 2013 20:20) *
I just logged in to the game. And regardless of whether we think this change is good or not. The ranks in the guild I'm in were totally scrambled. Our alt-rank (with 0 rights) was higher in hierarchy than our SiCs (with all rights)!

If Ankama ain't looking into that, I hope for the guilds without active leadership that the ranks didn't scramble up as terribly.
That may actually be an issue I wouldn't appreciate. How do they arrange people in hierarchy, anyway? And I assume guild leaders can do it too, right?

You just click and drag. My ranks were already perfect when I logged in. It's very easy and intuitive. I'm glad such a tool is finally available to us.
I know its easy to fix. But it can't be fixed by guilds without a guild leader (for which this system was in the first place). If someone with no rights is above the Second in Commands, it means after 45 days this no right member gets the leadership. And lower ranked people can't do anything about it, because even if they have rights, it can only be applied to people lower in hierarchy than themselves.

I think they initially arrange hierarchy by which rank was made first historically... so better hope all leaderless guilds created their SiCs before their lower ranks

This post has been edited by PidgeonX - November 12, 2013, 20:41:19.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #633415  Replies : 73  Views : 2741
posté November 12, 2013, 20:20:05 | #14
I just logged in to the game. And regardless of whether we think this change is good or not. The ranks in the guild I'm in were totally scrambled. Our alt-rank (with 0 rights) was higher in hierarchy than our SiCs (with all rights)!

If Ankama ain't looking into that, I hope for the guilds without active leadership that the ranks didn't scramble up as terribly.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #633403  Replies : 73  Views : 2741
posté November 12, 2013, 16:02:47 | #15
For me, the launcher isn't even opening. I've tried reinstalling the game several times. Then the updater opens, but doesn't do anything. If I close the updater and try to relaunch it with the shortcut, it does nothing. Opening it from the map Wakfu's installed in doesn't do a thing either. Only way to get any movement is by reinstalling over and over, and then updater remains at 0%

In addition: when I try to reinstall the game now it says: Could not overwrite "XXX\Wakfu\transition\transition.exe" Access denied.

So each time I reinstall now I have to make a new map to place the game in. Leaving me with several Wakfu maps already that I cannot seem to delete, even as admin of my PC.

This post has been edited by PidgeonX - November 12, 2013, 17:03:34.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #633129  Replies : 48  Views : 2911
posté November 11, 2013, 18:58:33 | #16
Sort of/Like a property is completely different from a factual property. That's why I asked you to read my posts thoroughly, because I've elaborated on it several times.

I'll give you that sets may not have been the best means to compare it with (even though I have sometimes shared sets with a semi-active player), but collective artworks, political parties, the founding of a firm, they're all better comparissons and those are "like" property of their leaders/creators.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #632491  Replies : 73  Views : 2741
posté November 11, 2013, 16:02:11 | #17

Quote (Noobility @ 11 November 2013 15:40) *
Recently on aerafal a guild leader and also famous youtuber got banned along with some other members of the guild for botting in their haven world. Following his ban, the remaining members of the guild contacted ankama to ask that they pass on leadership to somebody else so the guild wouldn't die. Ankama accepted under the condition the guild didn't make waves again. This shows that ankama views a guild a community, not as the property of the guild leader, else they would have let it die along with with the rest of the property of the owner: items sets, pets, etc.

If some players want to act like dictators in their guild go ahead, but don't expect ankama to put in place a system that supports your choice.
Please go read the posts. I've explained 2 times now why a guild is not a "property", yet you still keep hating on it. I have yet to see the first person saying a guild isn't a community.

I totally agree this system would work for guilds abandoned by their leaders and the examples you give, but that's something completely different than sleeping/inactive guilds or guilds temporarily lead by a Vice Leader. I think alterations to the proposed change will do it good and make more people happy. I'm positive Ankama wants to make the game as fun as possible for as many players as possible. It's supposed to be a sandbox game so to a certain extend, this includes playstyles you and I disagree with.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #632453  Replies : 73  Views : 2741
posté November 11, 2013, 15:00:17 | #18

Quote (CloudyMind @ 11 November 2013 14:47) *
In all seriousness though, i personally have already given my opinion on that and i don't have anything else to add on it.
Okay, thanks for that.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #632443  Replies : 73  Views : 2741
posté November 11, 2013, 14:38:11 | #19
I have to agree on your last statement, Levu. I was wrong in assuming that. But still, I think you missed a lot of important points by not reading all. Because we really are just trying that: coming up with a clever improvement (at least if enough people disagree with the change in the first place). I think everyone understands something has to happen for leaderless guilds that still has loads of active members.

Still disagree on your first part though. I study literature, so yes, it may be terminology but that's what we live by. Focussing on finding that "clever improvement" you spoke about means focussing on that and not on discussing what good leadership should be (per se). I like the latter discussion, but as said, for another topic.

This post has been edited by PidgeonX - November 11, 2013, 14:46:47.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #632437  Replies : 73  Views : 2741
posté November 11, 2013, 14:25:05 | #20

Quote (CloudyMind @ 11 November 2013 14:17) *

Quote (PidgeonX @ 11 November 2013 13:55) *
@Everyone

I also think we're starting to lose focus in this topic. I think it's really interesting to discuss good and bad leadership in detail, but that would be done better in another topic dedicated to that. I created this topic to gather as many opinions as possible and see what the people of the game think about the automatic leadership shift. Not to fight about what people shóuld think. Apparantly there are a good ammount of people disliking the change, so by throwing in opinions of as many people as possible we can show it to Ankama so they can act accordingly. If it turns out I/we are a great minority, well then Ankama's solution turns out to be right, but what I'm seeing here, and also from people I've discussed this with ingame, far from everyone likes it. So maybe some details about this update should be reconsidered, like the length of which leaders can be inactive or possibly making this automatic leader change be optional (and toggled on when the update hits, so that the already (vice-)leaderless guilds that aren't inactive wíll change leader automatically: I think that is good!).

So thanks everyone for sharing your opinions, and I'm looking forward to reading even more people's opinions.

I'd argue that the focus of the topic hasn't been lost at all, but rather it's been expanded. I am well aware that correlation doesn't equal causation but in this case i believe that the leader's behaviour and views on the guild are inherently the major reason why people with different opinions on the matter disagree about this automatic feature. Having the position of a guild leader should be a privilege, not self-evident. A guild shouldn't be eternally shackled to it's leaders and guild leaders shouldn't think that the guild is primarily theirs just because they can kick people.

I see absolutely no real reason why this system shouldn't be implemented other than the selfishness and total lack of consideration that some guild leaders may have for their guildies.
Expanding and losing focus is the same thing. You can't make something broad and focussed at the same time, they're linguistical opposites. I would love to discuss the other part, but lets keep this topic to the first part and its intend. But please feel free to open a topic about leadership and I'll join and possibly contest your thoughts in there.

Also, your opinion about guilds remains just an opinion. There are some guilds in which I know there is some kind of dictator-like ruling. I dislike that as well, but if they want to lead the guild in that way and the members of those guilds agree with that, those people should have the chance to play like that. Be reading the Guild section Click here of this forum you can figure out the guilds that I'm talking about yourself. Again, this is a whole other topic.

Quote (CloudyMind @ 11 November 2013 14:17) *
If anything is out of place here, that'd be the people arguing against this change instead of just suggesting clever ways of improving upon it.
This suggest you haven't read the topic at all. Most of the posts are aimed to clever ways of improving upon it.

This post has been edited by PidgeonX - November 11, 2013, 14:27:39.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #632431  Replies : 73  Views : 2741