Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

Weapon Moves [Suggestion]
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2008-05-13
posté May 14, 2013, 02:10:26 | #1
Weapon Moves [Suggestion] Hello everyone.

I'm here again with some thoughts and ideas that could improve our gameplay. Currently we lack any kind of weapon usability and past level 100 abilities, they are rarely used by most classes, and I'd like to see it being changed. I know that in Dofus the weapons are way too needed, however my idea wouldn't make the game just like Dofus. My ideas are more oriented to make the past level 100 gameplay better and more enjoyable. In order to do that a few things would have to be done first:

• Higher diversity of Weapons.
  • Addition of Guns (Rogues).
  • Addition of Multipurpose Devices (Foggernaut).

Firstly, obviously we would need to have a better range of weapons since what I'm going to do is to restrict each class to use 2 types of weapons only.

The damage of all weapons remain the same, however, they can be changed by if a special weapon move is used.

Weapon Moves

• After reaching level 100 everyone learns 12 new abilities related to their class weapons. 6 for each weapon.
  • After 100 everyone gets 6 skill points per level.
  • All weapon skills require the same type of skill point as our active and passive abilities.
  • All of them have 9 levels and consume the same point ratio as active abilities.
  • Each move can only be done if the specified weapon type is equipped.
  • There are 2 abilities per elementary branch per weapon type.

Class and Weapons

• Feca: 1 Handed Staff and 2 Handed Staff
  • Osamodas: Hammer and Wand
  • Enutrof: Shovel and Hammer
  • Sram: Dagger and Bow
  • Xelor: Hand and Hammer
  • Ecaflip: Cards and 1 Handed Swords
  • Eniripsa: Wand and 1 Handed Staff
  • Iop: 1 Handed Sword and 2 Handed Sword
  • Cra: Bow and Dagger
  • Sadida: 1 Handed Staff and 2 Handed Staff
  • Sacrier: 2 Handed Sword and Axe
  • Pandawa: Axe and 2 Handed Staff
  • Rogue: 2 handed Sword and Gun
  • Masqueraider: Axe and Daggers
  • Foggernaut: Devices and Hammers

Examples of Abilities and How they Work

• Abilities convert a % of the Weapon's damage into a different elementary damage.

(Enutrof) Shovel Blow:
- Requires a Shovel.
- Deals 60(110)% of Weapons Damage as Earth Damage.
- Pushes back 1 square.
- Close Combat.
- Single Target.

(Sram) Sneaking Shot:
- Requires a Bow.
- If Invisible: 110(220)% of Weapons Damage as Air Damage.
- Reveals the Sram.
- Single Target.

(Sadida) Bramble Scramble:
- Requires a 2 Handed Staff.
- Creates a Thorny Glyph in a Cone of Size 3 in front of the Sadida.
- Deals 25(70)% of Weapons Damage as Earth Damage.

(Rogue) Magnetar:
- Requires a Gun
- Consumes MP in order to increase the Gun's base damage. +2(11)% Damage per MP.
- Deals 100% of Weapon's Damage as Fire.
(Guns are ''ranged daggers'', they have slightly lower base damage than daggers and cost 3 AP. Their range is middle, from 2 to 4).

(Sram) Poisoned Edge:
- Requires a Dagger
- Deals 60(110)% of Weapons Damage as Water Damage.
- 100% chance of inflicting Poisoned (-20% Resist, -6% HP)
- 1 Cast per turn.

That is it. Simple idea that could give a better motivation to our gaming life after level 100.
Thanks for reading
Please give your feedback.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - May 14, 2013, 02:13:48.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-10-05
posté May 14, 2013, 09:24:49 | #2
aha like the idea especially the guns for rogue :3
--Tenza

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2009-06-10
posté May 14, 2013, 09:43:15 | #3
leave, now.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-13
posté May 14, 2013, 09:48:22 | #4
it's like v1 all over again with those class weapon mastery

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté May 14, 2013, 10:23:11 | #5
That could be some major change...

Just what about makabra weapons that we already brought? They would not fit to the classyfication that you have stated (for example as water sadi i use makabra wand). Does it mean people who brought these weapons lost their money for something that they have to replace?

posté May 14, 2013, 14:27:58 | #6
@Kikuihimonji

Yeah, that would be a problem and I see no way of trying to get around it. I mean, it would be possible if we had weapon moves for every weapon, but that'd require a lot of work . If they're up for it I'd completely agree as it would bring a lot of diversity among all possible builds.

@Others

I agree that pure weapon swings are a bit of boring, take Dofus as an example. That's why I introduced the idea of changing that and making weapon moves more versatile. That's completely fair considering that right now we barely use our weapons, we only get them to get AP or MP bonuses, and that's a bit of stupid you know.

Plus, what I have noticed is that the base weapons damage keep rising after level 100, which leaves me with the thought that after level 140~150 weapons will start doing way more damage than our spells. Which leaves us with a new Dofus in our hands, I really don't want that to happen .

We really need something in this game after level 100 content, even in Dofus we got level 6 spells. Here we gain so little spell experience that it's really difficult to notice any changes.

If you have anything in mind please share your thoughts.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2009-03-26
posté May 14, 2013, 15:16:43 | #7

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 14 May 2013 14:27) *
@Kikuihimonji

Yeah, that would be a problem and I see no way of trying to get around it. I mean, it would be possible if we had weapon moves for every weapon, but that'd require a lot of work . If they're up for it I'd completely agree as it would bring a lot of diversity among all possible builds.

@Others

I agree that pure weapon swings are a bit of boring, take Dofus as an example. That's why I introduced the idea of changing that and making weapon moves more versatile. That's completely fair considering that right now we barely use our weapons, we only get them to get AP or MP bonuses, and that's a bit of stupid you know.

Plus, what I have noticed is that the base weapons damage keep rising after level 100, which leaves me with the thought that after level 140~150 weapons will start doing way more damage than our spells. Which leaves us with a new Dofus in our hands, I really don't want that to happen .

We really need something in this game after level 100 content, even in Dofus we got level 6 spells. Here we gain so little spell experience that it's really difficult to notice any changes.

If you have anything in mind please share your thoughts.

Just letting this here. Recently, they nerfed weapons in dofus a lot (base damage modification and cast limits) and buffed spell damage so this is no longer the case.

This post has been edited by XehanordHeartless - May 14, 2013, 15:18:30.
posté May 14, 2013, 15:44:37 | #8
@XehanordHeartless

That's good to know. I actually stopped playing Dofus one year ago when Wakfu was released.