Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

[Shields in combat]
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2008-05-13
posté July 22, 2013, 02:17:06 | #1
[Shields in combat] Hello everyone, I've had this idea earlier.

Shields are not used very often in the game. So, because of that, I've came up with that idea of making them usable in combat just like weapons.

Shields would basicaly consume damage received just like the coagulation shield of sacriers, they would cost movement points to be used and every shield would have a specific elemental characteristic. (Fecas could have a passive that increases the blocking efficacy!)

So, it's basically this:

1. They cost 3 MP to be used.
  2. They block front damage with 100% efficacy and side damage with 50% efficacy. Back damage cannot be blocked.
  3. They block 0.25 damage per level of the shield, starting with 5 at level 1. Which means that a level 100 shield has a 30 damage base block.

Example:

Khiel's Aegis
3 MP
Blocks 31 Damage (Earth) (front)
Blocks 16 Damage (Earth) (side)
Skips turn when used

Someone with 400% Earth mastery will be able to reduce:
155 (front) and 80 (side) damage.

That's it, thank you for reading, and please, give your feedback.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - July 22, 2013, 02:18:01.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté July 22, 2013, 08:31:16 | #2
I like the idea but what i don't like much is the cost, if it only costs mp it would be used every turn. If you give it an Ap cost it forces players to sacrifice their dmg in order to defend themselves. 31 dmg is a spell of 3ap so i find that more reasonable.

I also agree that using a shield should automatically end your turn.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté July 23, 2013, 11:43:51 | #3
Imo a shield should block slightly more than the average damage to ap ratio (asuming it costs ap, on the flip side mp should offer a lower shield for the reason TheHolyOverlord stated ) - they wont always be targeted and possibly avoided if they choose to use the shield, the shield can also be avoided by back stabs. Also to give the shield a bit of incentive - either high damage now or more survivability

+1 to the shield Idea, but why should it be limited to this, it could also provide a general resistance buff applied in a contact aoe to help with multi elements - or maybe you could even lower your guard, to remove the resists gained by the shield and turn it into a damage boost.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - July 23, 2013, 11:44:07.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2008-05-13
posté July 23, 2013, 16:53:52 | #4
Yeah I see your points. The idea I provided was mainly to introduce how the shields could work, your thoughts are indeed interesting.

Thanks for the feedback! Later on I'll try to edit the main post and list the general thoughts that popped up in this topic.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté July 24, 2013, 23:26:25 | #5
Just make it possible to slam enemy with shield so it work as weapon (like dagger).