Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Increase the Turn Time
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-02
posté February 06, 2014, 16:34:40 | #1
Increase the Turn Time When Wakfu was launch, players had low AP, MP and most of the enemies didn't have so many buffs/debuffs. Most of fighting mechanics were simple and battle field borders were not applying so many different effects. Time passed and now we are reaching level 145. A lot of things changed: All classes got ravamped, all items got revamped, fighting mechanics improved a lot, amount of stats and effects during the battle triplicated. Now we are about to receive a update that add extra effects from the equipments based mostly, on %HP.

Oen thing never changed: 30 seconds to do your thing. I can show a LOT of classes/branches that need WAY more than those 30 seconds that most of the time looks like 10 (delayed animations, anyone?)...
But imma resume to my class, that I know better: Ecaflips.

Every turn is a surprise, you don't know which card you will get and when you get that blessed "God Ecaflip" is like "omg free AP!!!" Yeah... like you have time to process that all on most of the cases... No, you don't... Most of the time, when I'm lucky, I can't enjoy from all the "free" AP "All or Nothing" provides me. Because I don't know what to do? No, because simple there's not enough time on most of the time, mainly when my ISP lags, or the animations take too long to complete...

This is a strategy game. Strategy needs time and on the current Wakfu, 30 seconds isn't enough.

I would say 60 seconds is perfect, but haters gonna hate, so what about 45 seconds turn? 

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté February 06, 2014, 17:15:24 | #2
Best solution is krosmaster style: Timer stops while animations moving.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-02-28
posté February 10, 2014, 13:31:20 | #3
Well yeah, it needs a change. Some classes indeed take more time playing than others, and this sometimes means trouble in a hard situation

This post has been edited by Sargent-Wiggest - February 10, 2014, 13:31:53.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-10-11
posté February 10, 2014, 14:38:22 | #4
There must be added a way to suspend timer altogether. Timer is useless for anything other than preventing a single afker to make everyone wait for him, so there should be a switch that if set by everyone in combat stops the timer, for cases when you REALLY need to think. And since it must be set by everyone you can't force it on unwilling players.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-07-30
posté February 11, 2014, 16:13:57 | #5

Quote (Celay01 @ 06 February 2014 17:15) *
This, or animation off button. I have already posted a suggestion about this. Bug on eniripsa's regeneration casting (haven't check 11.02 update yet, maybe they fixed it) proves that spells can be cast without animations.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté February 11, 2014, 17:27:55 | #6

Quote (semcorda @ 11 February 2014 16:13) *

This, or animation off button. I have already posted a suggestion about this. Bug on eniripsa's regeneration casting (haven't check 11.02 update yet, maybe they fixed it) proves that spells can be cast without animations.

I don't really want animations to be turned off. Nor do I want to add more time to another players turn. The wait between turns is long enough already.

If i was forced to choose the lesser of two evils, animation off is better. But i'd feel like i'd remove it by default because if something ever goes wrong those added seconds could be valuable.

The animations are a part of Wakfu's style and i'd miss them in the name of efficiency and safety.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-07-30
posté February 11, 2014, 21:34:17 | #7

Quote (Gynrei @ 11 February 2014 17:27) *

Quote (semcorda @ 11 February 2014 16:13) *

I don't really want animations to be turned off. Nor do I want to add more time to another players turn. The wait between turns is long enough already.

If i was forced to choose the lesser of two evils, animation off is better. But i'd feel like i'd remove it by default because if something ever goes wrong those added seconds could be valuable.

The animations are a part of Wakfu's style and i'd miss them in the name of efficiency and safety.
Well, animations are the second most hated by me part of game. That's why on/off button seems to be the optimal solution. Masochists/easthetitians (is this a word?) can stay "on", rest can use "off". Turn time increase would affect everyone, whether someone likes it or not.