After reaching 100, it's easy to notice that the higher the level cap, more similar different builds of the same class get. That happens because we end up leveling almost all of our passive and active spells. I think we should have more active support spells. For instance (I know this game is not Dofus, but I like to compare), take Dofus as an example. Classes there have a total of 22 spells, while in Wakfu we have 15, 20 counting the passive ones (which do not exist in Dofus). In Dofus, some builds require 2 or 3 elemental spells, leaving space for a wide range of support type spells to be used, enhancing the game strategy and making it enjoyable. In Wakfu, I see myself using the same spells all the time, making I feel bored from time to time and restricting my gameplay. If we had more support type spells, I think that would not be as boring as it is right now and the range of different builds would significantly increase.
So, what should we have? The spells were developed for a level 100 character cap, take for instance the update that gave us level 200 spell, was this enough? Nope. That's why in fact they are slowing down the expansion of the level cap, they have to work on the passive and active spells that remain designed for a level 100 cap. I just do not want the maximum level of active and passive spells to be increased, like they did to spells. That's a very cheap solution.
Active and Passive support spells are deeply linked to a character's build. Having only 10 slots to cover all three elemental branches is simply not enough. Take Rogue's as an example, the bomb rogue has such a great potential, but it's difficult to give them more bomb related spells as it would end up eating the space of gun and close combat oriented builds.
- Since Passive Support spells are already enough to cover the builds, I suggest to add 5 more types of active support spells for each class. I have some examples in mind that I would like to share with you.
- Instead of trying to balance classes with restricted spell arsenal, try do do this with new support spells.
- Clumsiness: cheap MP drain spell, 1 AP for 2 MP loss at 9. 1 per target per turn. Ranged.
- Excavation: looks for a mine, 0 range. Cheap spell. Grants random buff: crit, damage, range, heal, ap, mp.
- Bribery: triggers Treasure Hunter, chance of skipping a target's turn. High cost.
- Rock Den: digs up a hole and hides. Goes invisible for one turn. Can only be cast once every other turn.
- Tunneling: moves from mine to mine.
- Powder: increases bomb damage (+50%). 1 per bomb per turn, can stack up to 3 times.
- Delayed Shot: enters in Delayed Shot State. All gun spells cast during this state only triggers in the beginning of the next rogue turn.
- Roguery: creates up to 4 illusions and teleports the Rogue to the targeted cell. Can only be cast once every other turn.
- Boom!: makes allies in the area of effect immune to bomb damage, bomb damage increases damage of allies. (can be cast on self)
- Smoke Bomb: gives up to 2 levels of disoriented to all targets caught in the area of effect. Enemies immune to disoriented for 1 turn.
- Eagle Eye: increases the Range of a single ally by 3. Cheap cost.
- Hinder Shot: enters in Hinder Shot state, all earth spells have their damage reduced by 20% and take 1 mp (100%) from the target.
- Concentrated Burn: removes the area of effect of all fire spells, increases their base damage.
- Deadly Aim: aims for a target, if the target doesn't get out of Cra's sight during this turn, the next turn the Cra gets up to 100% damage bonus upon this target.
- Magic Arrow: makes the damage of the next spell cast Chromatic. 1 per turn.
That is it.
For some people it looks like with new spells it may get harder to balance classes, but I think differently, I think that one of the issues right now is related to the lack of support type spells. They pretty much restrict all builds and make it more difficult to make a balanced character, since one branch is almost always going to receive less attention than the other.
This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - August 24, 2016, 04:36:17.