Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

Remove the ecosystem, until there are more options for leveling up
Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté November 03, 2008, 09:28:15 | #1
Remove the ecosystem The Ecosystem is doomed to fail until more ways of leveling up (And indeed fighting alongside creatures) are implemented. Right now, mobs clear out far too quickly and after about an hour a completely fresh spawn of creatures can go extinct.

The only option right now to level up is fighting monsters, and a server with 1,000 people at any one time all fighting monsters = Bad for monsters, so it'd be a bit more constructive to have a regular spawn rate up until there are more options for leveling up.

posté November 03, 2008, 12:27:43 | #2
Right now I think the ecosystem is off. Monsters keep spawning in the middle of nothing, so I figure that there is noting to worry about. Also, the are some inaccessible area that hold monsters (a lot of monsters) that ensure that the species won't die out.

posté November 04, 2008, 07:01:30 | #3
Well it won't fail since you forgot that they didn't made the monsters produce babies yet.
But then again I bet they will always reboot the game every 2weeks or so, so all the monsters can respawn.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2008-07-16
posté November 04, 2008, 07:31:43 | #4

Quote (Flamedragon @ 04 November 2008 08:01) *
Well it won't fail since you forgot that they didn't made the monsters produce babies yet.
But then again I bet they will always reboot the game every 2weeks or so, so all the monsters can respawn.

Uh... really? Not according to the traumatizing things I've seen thus far.

I've been around the Gobball streets more than twice, my friend, and it's not pretty. I've seen the males just leap at the goblettes, and poof! Bouftonets everywhere. Then there's the milking... and then the glowy egg animations.

Still, it's only natural. Besides, I think it would be good to see how the ecosystem works out in every sort of situation. I wouldn't expect things to work out the first time, but I think Ankama can adjust the way the monsters reproduce in order to make the entire system balanced. At least, that's the silver lining that I see with the ecosystem's problem.

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté November 05, 2008, 00:59:24 | #5

Quote (DaiKami @ 04 November 2008 07:31) *
I wouldn't expect things to work out the first time, but I think Ankama can adjust the way the monsters reproduce in order to make the entire system balanced. At least, that's the silver lining that I see with the ecosystem's problem.

It doesn't really need to be tweaked until the final product, it's better left as-is until it is definately bad, but it's very very hard to tell right now.