Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Xelor Revamp Idea
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-02-27
posté April 23, 2012, 22:10:27 | #1
Xelor Revamp Idea Hey everyone.

I'd like to post an overall remake of this class. I know the chance of this happening is no more higher than the chance of a game developer taking a look at this forum. Anyways, I'd just like to leave my ideas and concerns about this class.

Please, Temporal Burners, no flaming. This is just an idea, I repeat, this is just an idea.

Support

The Dial

Even though it looks slightly unique and a creative idea, the whole concept behind this spell doesn't make it any better. The actual class now relies on warping from cells to cells limiting their range and damage output to a specific radius, based on their main spell. The high WP costs makes it very unreliable in long fights, of course considering the non use of overpowered spells.

My suggestion will be all based on this spell, I am fully changing it. There will be no more Xelor's Dial. Instead of it, I am adding a new spell. The Hour Cell.

Suggestion:

Hour Cell: 1 WP, 0-1(2) Range, 6(12) Charges. Cast limit: 1(2) per turn.

The Hour Cell works similarly to Dial. You can warp from Cell to Cell by consuming MP, doesn't matter the distance between the two cells the MP cost will be always the same. The Cells will lose 1 charge per turn and disappear when a 0 charge is reached.

Cell Characteristics:
  • The first created Cell contains the actual hour in game. If it's sometime between 1:00 and 1:59, the next created Cell will be II, then III, then IV, and so on. The order depends on your actual server's time. (it's just a visual effect)
  • It costs Xelors 2 MP to move from Cell to Cell.
  • Bonuses: +3(25)% damage, +3(25)% chance of draining AP (Tock), +3(25)% Initiative loss (Tick).

Timekeeper

This idea of storing AP in order to use in another turn is really nice. However, I will have to change it in order to make it possible for Xelors to create more than 6 Hour Cells per fight. It is also clearly that the actual spell is quite overrated, it needs to be balanced.

Suggestion:

Timekeeper: 1 AP, 0 Range. Applies the Timekeeper State Level 3(5). Can only be cast when on an Hour Cell.

The Timekeeper State disappears if no AP is drain or if the State is not applied during every turn. If not applied, the caster may gain 1 WP back in the next turn. The main purpose of this spell is to help the Xelor to increase Timekeeper State in order to possibly gain 1 or 2 WP point when the state runs out.

Timekeeper Effects:
  • +1% damage every 2 levels.
  • +1 Initiative every level.
  • +1 WP returned every 50 levels when the state disappears.

Mummification

A very nice spell if leveled. I'd only change one thing, after controlled the target does not quit the fight but remain 'mummified' in the battlefield. They do not die in the end of the fight.

Devotion

Another nice spell which does not deserve to be changed.

Temporal Images

I believe the use of this spell will become more common with the actual Timekeeper State and Hour Cells. There's no reason to change it.

Temporal Waves

The actual spell is fine. However I am changing the '20% chance of subtracting 1 more AP' effect and adding a number of Cells boost.

New Effects: increases the number of Cells that can be created in battle by 2(11).

Temporal Armor

No more damage gain. This spell increases the number of Mechanics by 1(4).

Water Branch

The actual water branch is 100% focused on AP stealing, which is a mistake. Xelors can do more than just take AP or Initiative without becoming too strong. I am changing several spells of the Water branch.

Frost Bite
  • +6 Levels of Timekeeper if it takes AP.

Slow Down
  • +5 Levels of Timekeeper state per AP lost.

Xelor's Hourglass: 2 AP, 1-5 range, does not require line of sight. 2(22) damage.

The actual spell has no limitations and can significantly reduce the AP of an enemy. I am going to reduce it's draining abilities to zero in order to create a new slot for a very interesting spell that is going to replace Sinistro.

Effects:
  • 1% chance of giving 1 AP to a random ally per level of Timekeeper.
  • +1 base damage every 20 levels of Timekeeper.

Clock: 6 AP, 0-3 range. Cross area of effect. Deals 6(68) damage to all squares but central.

This spell will transfer the AP reduced of all targets to the central target if there is one. Being able to give it up to 4 AP.

• Central target: no effects.
  • Surrounding targets: 10(60)% chance of stealing 1 AP and giving it to the central target.

Gravity: 8 AP, 11(90) water damage, 2 to 3 range, linear, fixed. Heavy State.

This spell adds the Heavy State to the target for a significant AP cost. The AP cost can be reduced without damage decrease by consuming the whole Timekeeper State and automatically giving the the Xelor the WP he would get back by erasing Timekeeper State. The spell can significantly do a lot of damage by 4 AP cost if a level 100 Timekeeper is consumed. It may seem too much, since it can give up to 2 WP back, but remember that Xelors do have a very wide arsenal of WP based spells, in fact 4/5 of their support spells consume WP.

• -1 AP cost every 25 levels of Timekeeper.
  • Triggers Timekeeper.
  • +1 WP every 50 levels of Timekeeper.
  • Heavy State: increases the AP cost of all spells by 1.

The issue may be located in early game due to the high AP cost. However, with only 25 levels of Timekeeper and Devotion, it is already possible to cast this spell.

Fire Branch

There will be not many changes to this branch since it is supposed to be the easiest do deal with, due to damage focus.

Hand
  • +6 levels of Timekeeper.

Line of Fire
  • 1 to 3 range
  • +2 levels of Timekeeper per target hit.

Temporal Burn
  • Consumes up to 6 AP.
  • -3(16) damage per AP.
  • 1 Cast per target per turn.
  • +2 levels of Timekeeper per AP used.

Ticker: 3 AP, 1 cast per target per turn. Does 40 damage in the end of the turn (after the last character plays). 4 range.

Air Branch

Underhand: 1 to 2 range linear.

Aging: no changes.

Mechanism: 4 AP, 1 to 5 range. Does not die if summoned on a cell. Air damage is the same as caster's.

• Tick: summons a Sinistro. HP: 40%
  • Tock: summons a Hydrand: HP: 40%

Sinistro: 2 to 7 range, deals 2(12) air damage and reduces Hyperaction by 10 levels, 1 cast per target per turn, 1 AP. The summon has 4 AP base.

Hydrand: cross area of effect of size 3. Deals 5(45) air damage once per turn.

Tempus Fugit: same effects, but now it is possible to warp to a dial cell while doing damage. Damage based on Tick and Tock states.

Xelor's Punishment: 5 AP 1 WP, 0 range. Deals 6(80) damage in a cross area of effect of size 2 on all hour cells. Allies do not receive damage.

Well, that's it. There are some stuff that should be more worked on, please share your ideas and thoughts. Thanks. 

This post has been edited by Arthropoda - April 23, 2012, 23:41:42.
Short Strich * Member Since 2010-09-30
posté April 24, 2012, 14:14:11 | #2
I think your ideas are good, but a little bit complicated, because all the xelors will have to re-accostum with the new spells, and i think Hydrand should do fire damage and also be a fire spells.

But i agree with your ideas.

BTW, i also think the dial wouldn't be lost and some spells shouldn't cost WP. Dial should be conserved, and a new support spell would be created (in this case, the hour cell), so you can create a dial, and other hour cells on the field.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-07-21
posté April 24, 2012, 15:54:49 | #3
no me gusta Ç-Ç

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2006-06-09
posté April 25, 2012, 01:48:31 | #4
Just leave xels as they are..they dont need to be changed. Only mummyfication should, of its worthless uses.

posté April 25, 2012, 02:43:45 | #5
@MikaelXelor

Yeah, the problem remains though. They rely a lot on WP, which makes the actual dial way too fragile. If such spell were added without replacing Dial they really should change it's WP cost and maybe make it cost 1 WP for a little less duration and keep the 2 MP cost to move from cell to cell. 1 MP cost is way too low for such a good mobility if you ask me.

The Midnight Cell (idea from v2) could replace maybe Temporal Images or Mummification, I still believe if more worked on Mummification has it's uses, but if levelled, TI is equally as useful, so I really don't know.

Thanks for your feedback

@dovusplaier

I am sorry? If you have nothing constructive to add don't post.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2006-08-07
posté April 25, 2012, 04:41:15 | #6
Just a side note: Air spells need three effects, not two: a base effect if used without any levels put into Temporal Waves, and then Tick and Tock effects on top of the base effect. So you need Mechanism to do something else in addition to the two possible summons.

I'm thinking the base effect would have to be a glyph of some sort rather than an attack power, since the spell has to be cast on an empty cell.

posté April 25, 2012, 11:26:06 | #7
Why remake an entire class unless its completely broken? Xelors really arent, Ecaflips though.. different story.

posté April 25, 2012, 16:52:32 | #8
@Schmendrick

It could do damage if directly cast on a target, doesn't matter if temporal waves is leveled or not. 

This post has been edited by Arthropoda - April 25, 2012, 16:53:01.
Short Strich * Member Since 2010-09-30
posté April 26, 2012, 18:15:37 | #9

Quote (Arthropoda @ 25 April 2012 02:43) *
@MikaelXelor

Yeah, the problem remains though. They rely a lot on WP, which makes the actual dial way too fragile. If such spell were added without replacing Dial they really should change it's WP cost and maybe make it cost 1 WP for a little less duration and keep the 2 MP cost to move from cell to cell. 1 MP cost is way too low for such a good mobility if you ask me.

The Midnight Cell (idea from v2) could replace maybe Temporal Images or Mummification, I still believe if more worked on Mummification has it's uses, but if levelled, TI is equally as useful, so I really don't know.

Thanks for your feedback

@dovusplaier

Ok!
Even today i dreamed this changes were done!

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-15
posté April 26, 2012, 20:29:14 | #10
"
1 Cast per target per turn"

Man, Temporal Burn need use WP
1 cast per turn is same then 1200-1800 damage now, and next turn more 1200-1800,
a lot players level 100 have 1200-1600 HP, is rare a player with 2000+

and this is Wakfu, not pokemon for 1 Hit KO -lol

This spell need use WP and lower damage a little, as well the Srams that were not forgiven when they were nerfed.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2006-06-09
posté April 28, 2012, 16:01:00 | #11

Quote (Arthropoda @ 25 April 2012 02:43) *
@MikaelXelor

Thanks for your feedback

@dovusplaier

Pardon me?I dont believe in this *If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say naything* Crap. I can comment how i want, and i find the changes to complicated and unneeded, Other classes should be changed, like eca, I cant tell its underpowered or Overpowered.

posté April 28, 2012, 20:29:39 | #12
@dovusplaier

This topic is only an optional idea to make Xelors more versatile and less stuck to their dial. I am sure you did not even read 10% of what I've read.

So, time to put ignore mode on.

This post has been edited by Arthropoda - April 28, 2012, 21:08:56.