Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

Location Potions
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté December 27, 2012, 03:43:58 | #1
Location Potions I do apologize if this topic has already been made, if it was feel free to delete it.

My suggestion is Location Potions.. wouldn't it be wonderful if we had to do less running and give out less kamas to each and every Zaap?

The idea isn't to cut out the zaap system, if anything it's one of the things i love about both Dofus and Wakfu. The idea however is to implement a similar idea as Dofus, there they have potions to get from point A to point B yet still use zaaps allot.

Let me explain in a tad more detail, at the moment we use the zaaps to go just about everywhere and 2 kamas per trip don't seem like much at first yet at times we don't really keep track with our traveling tendencies so after a while that 2 kama trip ends up being about 20 kamas at the end of the day. Location potions should be craftable, to make it harder to get hold of and a bit more work to get, the point would be to have a Bonta, Brakmar, Amakna, Sufokia and Asturb potion.
A potion for each main city so it's easy to travel between cities, yet zaaps still have their purpose when it comes to Islands and if you lack potions or simply cant be bothered still have the option to zaap travel. Of course the potion would only take you to each nations headquarters making it necessary to still travel by other means as well.

~ Kanade

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2006-06-27
posté December 27, 2012, 11:52:55 | #2
The idea of using such potions is appealing - but removing another kama sink will be bad for the economy. The problem is already that substantially many more kamas are minted than taken out of system, which is a cause of inflation.

So how about, we buy such potions for kamas? - That would however be against any game design elements we have seen so far.

~Misfits

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté December 27, 2012, 13:16:41 | #3
There are cannon powders and cannons to travel from one nation to another with crafted item instead of spending kamas. Though cannons are not everywhere and you still need to run to it first.

Also i've noticed some pink poition in trool fair that we can get in exchange for 1 bronze token, wich moves us to the latest phoenix saved if i understand it well. Though the description says it moves us to the last location saved (wich i just guess is phoenix as i never tried it). If it would be possible to save some location (any cell on any map) that we would be able to move to after using this poition, it would be really nice.

There could be even poitions to move to dungeon entrance.... but then mount that we might get in the future will be less wanted. Another thing is war. Maybe it should be impossible to use these during war.... just a thought.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - December 27, 2012, 13:19:00.
posté December 27, 2012, 15:21:57 | #4

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 27 December 2012 13:16) *
There are cannon powders and cannons to travel from one nation to another with crafted item instead of spending kamas. Though cannons are not everywhere and you still need to run to it first.

Also i've noticed some pink poition in trool fair that we can get in exchange for 1 bronze token, wich moves us to the latest phoenix saved if i understand it well. Though the description says it moves us to the last location saved (wich i just guess is phoenix as i never tried it). If it would be possible to save some location (any cell on any map) that we would be able to move to after using this poition, it would be really nice.

There could be even poitions to move to dungeon entrance.... but then mount that we might get in the future will be less wanted. Another thing is war. Maybe it should be impossible to use these during war.... just a thought.
The general idea is being put out of context here, i am aware that there are Cannons, Drago-expresses and Zaaps all around the world, also that there is a potion in trool fair. Yet the idea im suggesting here is similarly based on what they have in Dofus because it's very effective and when i play Wakfu i miss that little edition.

Personally i think the idea to have potions take u anywhere else but a nations headquarters would defeat the purpose of all the other traveling methods and would ruin things.

As I'm a higher level, i rarely make use of the cannons with my main, because its a bit troublesome landing on a random spot, makes it a tad annoying if you already know where you would like to be in that nation and am in a hurry. I do however still use them for my alts and enjoy doing so. I merely wanted to suggest this idea because i liked the Dofus location potion idea yet im aware this is Wakfu and things are done differently here, we have been trough allot with Ogrest Chaos yet we are still a civilization technologically a bit more advanced than 1000 years ago, or so id like to think so why not have a basic thing like location potions since we have way more nations to go to now.

PS. @ Misfit: the idea of making the potions craftable is to make them available to sell, those who cant be bothered can just buy them from other players, i struggle allot with kamas because im lazy and cant be bothered wasting my time in a dark mine all day (usually i like the dark) mainly because i work 27/4 and when i do get a chance to escape that 'dark mine' i do not wish to replace it with one in a game lol. I want to log on and have fun up-top where there's color and so many other things to do. So how else does one make money without slaving it off in the mines, selling stuff.. selling potions.. hopefully if Ankama will take this thread in account, in the future selling location potions

~ Kanade

This post has been edited by AngelicPorcelain - December 27, 2012, 15:29:26.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-07-16
posté December 27, 2012, 18:30:30 | #5
Hmm, this could be a nice business, selling Location potions for those lazy people and using it can prove effective other than using Zaaps at the cost of Kama's, I kinda like this idea IMO.

posté January 03, 2013, 19:29:12 | #6
*Bump*