Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

[Web] Forums Revamp Suggestion Thread
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 06, 2014, 20:13:24 | #1
[Web] Forums Revamp Suggestion Thread Hi everyone,

As the new year is now well on its way, I have decided that it is time to start to look into what we could improve and what changes we could make to our current Forum layout, as well as any new options you would like to see in the future.

Nothing better than to ask the users themselves! After all these forums were created for you and you are who I want to make sure finds these forums comfortable and for you to populate them with your posts.

Your mission if you accept it, is to share your suggestions and ideas.

Based on them I will then decide if a new forum layout is necessary and what will it be. I will also use your ideas to look into new options to help you better navigate the forums.

Which bring me to inform you that I have just added 2 new official posts/threads filters for you: "News" and "Devblog", which are now joining the "Ankatracker" and "Devtracker" filters.

I hope that these will help you find all the latest information even quicker.

I can't wait to read what you will be suggesting, happy posting!

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté February 06, 2014, 21:09:00 | #2
Avoiding commenting on Reddit the userbase, there is merit to upvoting/downvoting and "user moderated content" following that method. Threads and posts that are dimmed/lit up based on user score would be neat.

Threads that autolock after no activity for a month. There is a semi-regular issue with the Search turning up results from before the birth of Christ himself and people responding to these threads, often being mislead by the outdated information. Pleeease enable some kind of feature that'll lock these things so they don't keep occasionally resurfacing.

Related, a Search that actually puts some priority on the results. I don't know how the current Search is searching the forum but whatever it's doing needs to be stopped before somebody gets hurt.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté February 06, 2014, 22:28:18 | #3
A "do not bump" feature would be nice. So we could reply to threads without bumping them.

Just add a little checkbox next to the Add my reply button that said "Do no bump" and if check make it so the post would not bump the thread.

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté February 07, 2014, 12:18:14 | #4
1. As many other suggested more forum avatar which also includes all the other Ankama one's.

Possibly a signature with a template, so a small image of say your character and a short message.

I would limit it to someone character as to stop all numbers of images which would forever need moderating. As I can just image the number of animated images which humorous in their own right would not make the forum look as good.

Example (very old picture)

JerryDB Level 13X
Guild Leader of RAGE

2. A forum tag which is optional but can shows what servers you play on which I do not think will increase the competitive nature of some players but just a better way of making friends. For example lets say a new player posts a topic "I can't find a group" and has the tag Nox then everyone will know they are a Nox player. The new player will also know that other people can be helpful with good information without necessary playing on there server as well. I was also thinking a tags for Wakfu/Dofus, Guilds, Nations, Closed & Open Beta, in-game title, level I admit when someone has 5 max level players of various nations and classes this wouldn't work. But even though someone may have 5 character most people prefer to be known by their mains.

3. Once you unlock a title by posting comments you can change it. Lets say you really enjoyed the title you obtained after 30 posts with the current system if you wanted to keep that title you would have to post from a different account etc.

On a sidenote give us a complete and official list of the titles I dont feel that people will post for the sake of posting but just something one day people will earn/get.

4. At the bottom of the main page it says "Islands of WAKFU" it should read for Xbox Live Arcade Only and for xbox game consoles.

5. The Wakfu anime is not advertised very well on this website it has a little picture saying "watch the TV series" which I am sure most people never noticed.

6. Improve the information and layout regarding the team of Wakfu. I am not saying list every single person but the basics would be nice like Azael Lead Game Designer etc with a short summary of their roles or what they do an perhaps even a funny quote.

7.The encyclopedia should clearly state items obtained though a quest.

8. Redesign and add a considerably amount of information to the Ogrines page. I understand all about them through Dofus on Wakfu you are not shown enough information before and after purchasing them.

9. This may be a separate issue already but a payment method goes down lets say pay by credit card for UK people only that it is quickly shown as currently not working not left for the players to be scratching their heads and tearing their hair out. I understand that this is reliant on third parties however the website should reflect the status of the server regardless.

10. A small section for all the server with a little green light showing the server are live. On a day of an update they could have a different colour and during updates/maintenance. So we reduce the OMG I can't log in topics. Also have actual information about the IP restrictions and the servers themselves.

11. This may be for another topic but have a decent referral system which actually regards people. The reward system on Dofus was rubbish and the system for Wakfu is even worse. If someone p2p using your links you get a token to use on a tofu game which gives you utter rubbish and the mini-game itself it boring. I will leave it at that but this idea could greatly be expanded especially with other people's inputs.

12. This may be for another topic but more contests for players to improve the game or just in general which have decent prizes. Such as the frigost contest was rather amusing. The contest I always wanted to see is a video contest called "why I play Wakfu" as Wakfu is a game people play for fun and various other reasons this content should end up very entertaining.

13. On a players profile remove the words "post/topics" it should be either "topics" or "posted topics".

14. Remove the comment sections for players on their accounts.

15. Add a button which makes message people though ankabox easier by just clicking on their forum picture.

16. Advertise and explain the ankabox system and hint to team Wakfu to add it into the game as they forgot.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - February 07, 2014, 13:03:20.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 07, 2014, 13:05:24 | #5
-Everything is already suggested that I was going to post-

Really like the ideas already in the thread.
Google often does a better job than the forums search feature.
and downvoting / upvoting needs a little redesign to give it more purpose.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - February 07, 2014, 13:07:01.
Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté February 07, 2014, 18:06:45 | #6
I don't know if it's just me but the forums works slow sometimes. Other than that I just want more avatars, like, much more. And that's it basically.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté February 07, 2014, 19:03:18 | #7

Quote (JerryDB @ 07 February 2014 12:18) *
[JerryDB's Post]
Indeed, more avatar pictures, and don't limit customized avatars just to one person please, it's annoying.

This post has been edited by [MOD]Itsade - February 08, 2014, 02:12:11.
Reason for edit : Snipped out the lengthy quote for readability. No offense intended!
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté February 07, 2014, 20:27:47 | #8
i would like it if devblogs were ordered by date... or any offical ankama thing be it news or whatever cause they arnt currently and it bothers me alot.

posté February 10, 2014, 23:39:47 | #9
I'd also like a more user friendly / easy to navigate support page
Possibly with step by step guides (with screenshots! ) on how to make a ticket etc
(add support while youre at it)

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté February 10, 2014, 23:50:39 | #10

Quote (Hudski @ 06 February 2014 21:09) *
Threads that autolock after no activity for a month. There is a semi-regular issue with the Search turning up results from before the birth of Christ himself and people responding to these threads, often being mislead by the outdated information. Pleeease enable some kind of feature that'll lock these things so they don't keep occasionally resurfacing.

This would be nice. I keep seeing new users bumping 2 year old threads for their first post ALL the time and it's annoying. I think a couple months is okay, but after that it's unnecessary.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 11, 2014, 05:51:57 | #11
Thanks for all your suggestions so far.

While I am reviewing them, I have done a couple of changes to prepare for the next game update to start improving the "Technical Issues & Bugs" part of the forums:

The old "Bug" forum is now called " Bug Archives" which means that all bugs reported prior to the new game update "Shu'Far Away From Home" (1.31) will be found there.

Therefore I created a new forum " 1.31 Bug Reports" forum for all your new bug reports made once "Shu'Far Away From Home" has been implemented. You will also find our usual bug template there for you to help you to make your report.

I would also like to thank all of you for reporting bugs, as I wish I could spend more time replying to each one of them, they do no go unnoticed and it is important to continue to report them, so I hope these first 2 small changes will help us to be more organized to share these reports more effectively with the devs.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2010-10-28
posté February 17, 2014, 18:31:51 | #12
I think Someone has thought of this idea but if not well here it goes

Market Upgrade

MARKET IS GREAT no argument about that but what if we can do it better

-Like Putting a system where a player will put an item he or she want to buy then putting his Kamas so if other player has that item he can sell him even the buyer is offline

Ex:
Item Quantity Needed Price/Piece

Tofu Feather 50 2 kamas sell button

thats the idea hope you understand ^^

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté February 18, 2014, 04:22:50 | #13
A weekly and/or a monthly poll of both the worst bugs that we think must be fixed immediately, and the biggest concern for the next update/updates.

And ensure 100% responses from Ankama to at least the top 3 of each poll "winner".

posté February 18, 2014, 09:25:48 | #14

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 18 February 2014 04:22) *
A weekly and/or a monthly poll of both the worst bugs that we think must be fixed immediately, and the biggest concern for the next update/updates.

And ensure 100% responses from Ankama to at least the top 3 of each poll "winner".
I'd really like this, Polls are great at generating the communities general thoughts, if accompanied by comment sections it would trigger a lot of discussion. As poll threads are banned under forum rules I think it's only fair we have threads which are created and monitored by the ankama staff.
If it is implemented hopefully they wont be too 'safe' with the options they put up, and consider actual issues the community raises like "How do you feel about the communication between ankama and the community?"
Things like 'what would you like more info on' would be nice too - the most voted could get a detailed devblog, especially if they hold back on the roadmap..

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté March 05, 2014, 20:08:30 | #15
As hatespawn pointed out in a recent thread more post count titles! It shouldn't be that hard to implement and there's a fair amount of people at cap already to give a large enough reason to add more

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2014-03-16
posté March 31, 2014, 01:45:06 | #16
You guys should stop merging double posts. Sometimes, no one answers your topics and you want to bump it with new information, which can interest someone, but you simply can't, because the post will merge with your old post.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2008-04-20
posté May 08, 2014, 13:14:24 | #17

Quote (JerryDB @ 07 February 2014 12:18) *
1. As many other suggested more forum avatar which also includes all the other Ankama one's.

Possibly a signature with a template, so a small image of say your character and a short message.

I would limit it to someone character as to stop all numbers of images which would forever need moderating. As I can just image the number of animated images which humorous in their own right would not make the forum look as good.

Example (very old picture)

JerryDB Level 13X
Guild Leader of RAGE

2. A forum tag which is optional but can shows what servers you play on which I do not think will increase the competitive nature of some players but just a better way of making friends. For example lets say a new player posts a topic "I can't find a group" and has the tag Nox then everyone will know they are a Nox player. The new player will also know that other people can be helpful with good information without necessary playing on there server as well. I was also thinking a tags for Wakfu/Dofus, Guilds, Nations, Closed & Open Beta, in-game title, level I admit when someone has 5 max level players of various nations and classes this wouldn't work. But even though someone may have 5 character most people prefer to be known by their mains.

3. Once you unlock a title by posting comments you can change it. Lets say you really enjoyed the title you obtained after 30 posts with the current system if you wanted to keep that title you would have to post from a different account etc.

On a sidenote give us a complete and official list of the titles I dont feel that people will post for the sake of posting but just something one day people will earn/get.

4. At the bottom of the main page it says "Islands of WAKFU" it should read for Xbox Live Arcade Only and for xbox game consoles.

5. The Wakfu anime is not advertised very well on this website it has a little picture saying "watch the TV series" which I am sure most people never noticed.

6. Improve the information and layout regarding the team of Wakfu. I am not saying list every single person but the basics would be nice like Azael Lead Game Designer etc with a short summary of their roles or what they do an perhaps even a funny quote.

7.The encyclopedia should clearly state items obtained though a quest.

8. Redesign and add a considerably amount of information to the Ogrines page. I understand all about them through Dofus on Wakfu you are not shown enough information before and after purchasing them.

9. This may be a separate issue already but a payment method goes down lets say pay by credit card for UK people only that it is quickly shown as currently not working not left for the players to be scratching their heads and tearing their hair out. I understand that this is reliant on third parties however the website should reflect the status of the server regardless.

10. A small section for all the server with a little green light showing the server are live. On a day of an update they could have a different colour and during updates/maintenance. So we reduce the OMG I can't log in topics. Also have actual information about the IP restrictions and the servers themselves.

11. This may be for another topic but have a decent referral system which actually regards people. The reward system on Dofus was rubbish and the system for Wakfu is even worse. If someone p2p using your links you get a token to use on a tofu game which gives you utter rubbish and the mini-game itself it boring. I will leave it at that but this idea could greatly be expanded especially with other people's inputs.

12. This may be for another topic but more contests for players to improve the game or just in general which have decent prizes. Such as the frigost contest was rather amusing. The contest I always wanted to see is a video contest called "why I play Wakfu" as Wakfu is a game people play for fun and various other reasons this content should end up very entertaining.

13. On a players profile remove the words "post/topics" it should be either "topics" or "posted topics".

14. Remove the comment sections for players on their accounts.

15. Add a button which makes message people though ankabox easier by just clicking on their forum picture.

16. Advertise and explain the ankabox system and hint to team Wakfu to add it into the game as they forgot.
+1

Short Strich * Member Since 2014-02-01
posté June 12, 2014, 11:03:09 | #18
I want to see an option to flag a thread as requiring mod attention. Not to report ToS violations, but to make sure that mods will actually notice and respond to concerns/questions. It seems like this shouldn't be necessary since we have dedicated threads specifically for these things, but when we don't get any feedback from mods for weeks on end IN THOSE THREADS, it makes users think that this apparently is necessary.

posté June 12, 2014, 19:16:10 | #19
Make the like and dislike buttons more noticeable. I NEVER look at them. lol

-Rizarealm 

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-12-01
posté August 08, 2014, 20:30:00 | #20
is there going to be a revamp for ecaflips? If you go on the ecaflip forum there are plenty of ecaflip players that feel like it can be improved. Ecaflip tarots is too strong when its negative. I understand its supposed to be 50/50 but it really isnt 50/50. This class isn't that tanky, nor do they have consistent damage. Ecaflips highest damaging dealing skill can only be used 6 times because of Wakfu points, yet because they lack health and are a glass canon class, they need to use the points into cat tree which uses wakfu points or if they get a bad card they need to use reroll which also uses wakfu points. When you get ouginak card then Godcard it deal -25% which is like 1000 damage on a character that doesnt have that much health to begin with, and on positives it heals 25%. I rather see it deal 25% on the enemies rather than heal me back 25%. Lets say i start fighting and i get the -1000, thats huge cuz its taking me down from 3000hp to 2000hp, but when i get the heal i dont get +1000hp on top of my 3000hp it doesnt stack which makes it useless, but -1000Hp at any point in my fight will always -1000HP. Starting from 3000 and -1000 can work for negatives but it doesn't work vice versa. You cant go from 0 to +1000 because youre already dead... it doesnt revive you. It will always deal more damage than it heals because there's a cap to HP. Its impossible to recover from something like that. I don't think the positives are any better than the negatives. Shouldn't we be rewarded greater for positives? Hairy hermit on a positive give +50% resist +3 mp... on negative its -100% resist and locked even after you reroll. By that logic of making it unable to move and going the complete opposite into a positive card, shouldn't positive cards give you unlimited movement instead of just +3mp and +50% resist when negative cards takes away ALL MOVEMENT and -100% resist. See what im saying here? its not balanced! Its way to strong on negatives. It may make sense when you just make it up on paper and write it down but when you play this class you can see the flaws.much clearer. The positives may make sense on paper but when you play it doesnt work as well as you think. PLEASE revamp to make it a little better. Lets compare them to another class that can consistently use wakfu points to deal damage as a glass canon. Rogues have a passive skill that avoids damage and flees away. They also have a really high hitting skill for earth or air that doesn't use wakfu points, but when they do use wakfu points they are extremely strong. I just think the tarots negatives are too strong and need a revamp

Ps Feline leap can only hop 1 square while iops pay the same amount for like 4 squares and can hop over walls and people, Srams get a "cannot be locked" skill while ecaflips are unable to even use feline leap when locked and also we dont have any good close combat skills.

This post has been edited by Jangho - August 08, 2014, 20:39:03.