Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

multiclient
posté February 06, 2011, 21:06:14 | #1
multiclient Hi all,
last time tested this 2y ago (90% localization was in french and buggy) and multiclient didnt work at all, anyone tested multiclienting now? 

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2008-05-08
posté February 06, 2011, 21:49:59 | #2
Works, tested

posté February 07, 2011, 17:17:52 | #3
Good 
thnx for info,
Cant wait for OB and final release. 

posté February 07, 2011, 19:18:00 | #4
No prob, i play with two accounts, would play with 3 if they validated the third one, but know people who play with 3....
Depends on your configuration, they have done a decent job of minimizing the resources needed to run the game, all part of the improving the game stability i guess

posté February 08, 2011, 06:49:42 | #5
  with 3 i have noticed a loss of info on one character like his guild sign disappeared and Kama.  Might be more related to the files defragging a lot still.  Say compared to Dofus.

posté February 08, 2011, 09:29:24 | #6
Those that can play 3 accounts can you post the specs of your computer please?

I wonder whether a good graphics card or faster processor is whats needed.

posté February 08, 2011, 12:54:07 | #7
Processor: Dual Core 3.0Ghz
Memory: 2 GB (crappy yep)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB RAM DDR3

Actually, it's the RAM you need the most.

posté February 08, 2011, 13:57:35 | #8
Can somebody confirm that multiclient runs on win7 64bit?

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté February 08, 2011, 15:43:34 | #9
You know its an MMO game, not single player? :/
Ankama should create some server where you can't play on few accounts...

posté February 08, 2011, 16:53:21 | #10

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 08 February 2011 15:43) *

Well, yeah I know...
I also know, that dofus is more interesting when you play many chars same time and...it gives many other benefits.

Maybe im not a "waiting others" type person.
Its kinda waisting of time and money if you looking for hunting party whole day (for some people playing time is limited, family business, work and etc...).

So...yeah I prepare to play on many clients. Ill go hunting anytime and anywhere 
Anyways, it is good business for ankama £$€ if people multiclienting. 

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2008-05-13
posté February 09, 2011, 18:31:41 | #11
What destroyed Dofus was Multiclienting...

and if they don't do anything before the official release... they will commit the same error they did to Dofus.

Not even starting to play a game where those who have more money or a better pc can do everything alone. I rather play a another game.
Dofus and Wakfu are nice and so. The only thing that destroys them is the monopoly of multi account players and the unfair gameplay.

Square Enix could do something about that, they seem to be serious with their games.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2007-03-08
posté February 09, 2011, 18:36:25 | #12

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 09 February 2011 18:31) *

and if they don't do anything before the official release... they will commit the same error they did to Dofus.

Not even starting to play a game where those who have more money or a better pc can do everything alone. I rather play a another game.
Dofus and Wakfu are nice and so. The only thing that destroys them is the monopoly of multi account players and the unfair gameplay.

The "official"-ish line from Ankama is that multi-clienters are a very small minority of the population, they "only" multiclient one or two characters at a time on average.

But, yea, multi-clienting, and the designs that encourage it are very bad design in my opinion.

Stuff like "bread to heal", "off-line only" merchant mode, energy-recharge in inns (which thankfully isn't in Wakfu yet), Enutrof's "bonus prospecting", Eni's "heal class", etc all encourage multi-clienting... at the cost of making single-clienting actually easy and fun.

posté February 09, 2011, 19:34:04 | #13
Well said Goldfish.

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté February 10, 2011, 14:56:13 | #14

Quote (WINDASS @ 08 February 2011 16:53) *

Well, yeah I know...
I also know, that dofus is more interesting when you play many chars same time and...it gives many other benefits.

Maybe im not a "waiting others" type person.
Its kinda waisting of time and money if you looking for hunting party whole day (for some people playing time is limited, family business, work and etc...).

So...yeah I prepare to play on many clients. Ill go hunting anytime and anywhere 
Anyways, it is good business for ankama £$€ if people multiclienting. 

If you are not "waiting others' type person, then why do you play Dofus/Wakfu?  Go play single player games, MMOs where you dont have to wait or smth. This is MMO, the idea of those kind of games is to play with others, not alone. One of the reasons I stopped playing Dofus was multiacounting. And Bots...
When I saw those gropus of 8 people running from one group of mobs to another...
Uhhh. Whats the point of playing like that?

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 09 February 2011 18:31) *

Square Enix could do something about that, they seem to be serious with their games.

Agree. The problem is, as long as Ankama gets money, they dont care if people use a few accounts or not. If they would care, they would already did something with it.

They could at least make one server without multiaccounting :/

posté February 10, 2011, 17:58:05 | #15
As I said before, multiclienting is just fun. Also you will get know better other classes and strategies for pvp.

posté February 18, 2011, 08:53:13 | #16
Mmm I found that in this version and the last one, the game isn't fun at all without multi-clienting. I had fun in early builds with just one account, but these latest versions, I don't even want to play them unless I can use multiple characters.

I'm not sure if it's the changes made to the game or I'm just getting a little bored with the beta in general...