Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Merriden's profile
Statistics
874 Posts (0.79 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 03:04:13 | #1

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 02 March 2015 02:19) *
I'd move rare harvests from 1% back to 5-10%

OH ONE MORE THING

Let the rare harvest be the same level as the normal version. It's horrible game design that you have to grind 5 levels just to get that one shiny item. Usually someone else nabs it before you can.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834854  Replies : 17  Views : 755
posté Yesterday - 20:58:50 | #2
1. What current content would YOU revert from?
  • Bring back no-LoS Sacrier Transposition.
  • Make some resources nation-specific.
  • Allow for trees to be planted almost anywhere, as with herbs.
  • Allow all nations to ally with each other at their discretion.
  • Let outlaws use dragoturkeys again, or implement a way for players to absolve themselves of outlaw status besides being murdered in PvP.
  • Give back the +harvest % equipment.
  • Reintroduce the Gemlin pet stat-gem customization system.
  • Open Astrub's borders again so that players can visit each nation regardless of their citizenship.
  • Mobile Arenas and their equipment rewards.
  • Bronze tokens as trool fair currency/incentive to actually visit the fair.
  • Fear Fizz tradable again
  • Able to wear two of the same rings
  • Bring back +resistance runes and +spell level runes.
  • Let players PK even without wings up.
  • PvP immunity while standing on an ore node.
  • Get rid of the "you must wait 1 minute to harvest" restriction after logging in.
  • Bring back Mt. Zinit quest
  • Bring back Ultimate Boss quest lines, but don't force us to do them every week; just the first time.
  • Osamodas pets can be named.
  • Re-attach many (not all) islands to nations.
2. What Features/Classes/Dungeons/ect would you add?
  • Pandas throw linearly and diagonally.
  • Rogues throw bombs on people that detonate immediately.
  • Other players can see your equipped pet's given name.
  • See other player's levels over their head.
  • An in-game system to locate high-level crafters to commission.
  • Have some (if not all) nations touch borders instead of being separate floating islands.
  • Ability to toggle between a PvP spec and PvE spec.
  • A "subspace suitcase" storage menu that houses crafting materials without limit, that any character on the account can pull from at any time.
  • Place a Runic Recyler at outposts.
  • Add a handyman craft for Ruinic Recyclers that can be placed in Haven Bags/Worlds.
  • A "teleport to Haven World" item or emote.
  • Mailbox feature, even if text-only (no items) and friend-only. I'd take anything at this point!
  • A "last online" feature for guilds and friend lists.
  • Two separate ranks for Haven World management; one for building, and one for destroying.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834763  Replies : 17  Views : 755
posté Yesterday - 20:33:20 | #3

Quote (Agosta @ 01 March 2015 20:18) *
It has something to do with dungeons as far as I know. I've had it happen to me in Vertox, Robowl, Castuc, and Srambad. It has nothing to do with reconnecting in combat. I've had it happen after dying and re-entering a boss fight, and I've had it from the start of a dungeon. It happens out of the blue and makes the game completely un-enjoyable. You're forced to spend hours upon hours to get gear to drop, and now on top of that you have to pray the game doesn't fuck you over.

It's clear that this bug is the source of a lot of frustration for you, as it would be for anyone that had to put up with it. I encourage you to compile as much evidence and documentation of it as you can. Game logs, screenshots, videos, written and timestamped play-by-plays of its occurrences. Most players thankfully have not encountered the bug as you've described, so we can't help trace down the cause. It won't get fixed if no one does any research on it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834758  Replies : 23  Views : 587
posté Yesterday - 20:13:34 | #4
Did they change it so that your sub time gets added up now? It used to be that new booster time was queued up behind your existing booster, and you didn't see it until the first booster expired.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834756  Replies : 14  Views : 980
posté Yesterday - 02:12:29 | #5

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 28 February 2015 22:42) *
People know exactly what they are getting into when they choose to play on the heroic server. So the people that whine about deaths on vanilla server would most likely stay far away from the heroic.

I'm not sure if you were addressing my post or not.

"I don't think a permadeath server would flourish."
"a heroic server would (...) drive out everyone else."

I'm not suggesting that people would enter the server and be surprised at the nature of it. I'm saying it would be a ghost town.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834612  Replies : 12  Views : 814
posté Yesterday - 02:06:40 | #6

Quote (OmgIsh-Swagzirra @ 01 March 2015 00:19) *
It's amusing that you think that, but that wasn't the tone of the post.
If you actually read it, you'd see it was a perfectly reasonable conclusion.
"We play by the same rules and the same client, and I have not experienced this phenomenon. Therefore, I cannot ascertain whether or not your statement is true".

Oh yeah? Lets compare

"I have to wonder what obscure thing you're doing to cause it."versus "There is a trigger that sets off this bug, and it's hard to isolate the contributing factor amongst the many differing player's circumstances."
That's nice if you were amused though.  

This post has been edited by Merriden - March 01, 2015, 02:08:25.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834611  Replies : 23  Views : 587
posté February 28, 2015, 21:39:13 | #7

Quote (Agosta @ 28 February 2015 19:41) *
"hasn't happened to me so it doesn't exist lol"

Love these types of dismissive responses.

And the accusation that somehow you are the one causing it.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834559  Replies : 23  Views : 587
posté February 28, 2015, 03:29:36 | #8

Quote (Xander-is-Kander @ 27 February 2015 23:13) *
I think a nice incentive would just be a marriage chat and an alert message that tell you when your spouse has been attacked. Gives sort of an incentive to do it, without really giving a boost to anyone multiboxing.

I like this idea.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #834330  Replies : 13  Views : 341
posté February 27, 2015, 21:10:37 | #9

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 27 February 2015 20:53) *
im not concerned with how it ends up save for whatever replaces the outpost had better have a rune machine in it.

But why wait? I want our outposts to have the runic recycler NOW.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834245  Replies : 47  Views : 1799
posté February 27, 2015, 21:03:11 | #10
While the open-world PvP aspect of Wakfu is a major selling point for me, as well as the player-controlled environment, I just... don't think a permadeath server would flourish. I have two thoughts on that.

1) Wakfu is a grindy gear-treadmill game without much content, and who wants to start over after dying, killing the same piwis and gobballs dozens of times just to get back to where they were before? I'd get bored and sick of it.

2) Players cry hard enough after dying with no consequences in vanilla Wakfu, and consider the person who PKd them to be the devil himself. Surely a heroic server would attract the actual bullies, and drive out everyone else.

I'm not saying your feelings are wrong! I respect what you like.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834240  Replies : 12  Views : 814
posté February 27, 2015, 20:50:50 | #11
Thank you so much, FajneCycki, for posting these and keeping us all updated. I agree that they're looking good. A definite improvement over the current ones.

This might sound silly, but... I hope that these changes won't make loading areas take longer.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834233  Replies : 47  Views : 1799
posté February 27, 2015, 04:12:19 | #12

Quote (CreeperMeeper @ 26 February 2015 17:43) *
its like throwing at a dart board and hoping to hit the one that gives you your stuff back.

I can verify that this is hard fact.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #834050  Replies : 12  Views : 708
posté February 26, 2015, 21:06:28 | #13

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 26 February 2015 21:00) *
dancing around a totem.... isnt that what xelors do more or less?

Not even.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #833962  Replies : 97  Views : 1831
posté February 25, 2015, 00:32:51 | #14

Quote (Testimony @ 24 February 2015 03:32) *
Skill lock outs only an issue to me in that Mask swapping feels punitive because you aren't really rewarded for it. The spells themselves aren't so impressive that they are their own reward, and there isn't any mechanic that empowers mask swapping either...

Very well-said.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #833471  Replies : 97  Views : 1831
posté February 23, 2015, 08:54:25 | #15

Quote (Thannas @ 23 February 2015 08:32) *
PvP doesn't matter at all in this game at this point. So not sure why it matters whether or not someone is number 1 or not. They get nothing for it and you lose nothing for it.

You could not be more wrong.
PvP gear bought with glory orbs is some of the best in the game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832851  Replies : 69  Views : 1484
posté February 23, 2015, 08:40:25 | #16
I'm on board with everyone else in this thread.

• Mask system is trash, especially when using on your allies, and how it locks your spells
  • Trump card (Masked Spirit) lasts only two turns
  • Not enough range, or spells cost too much MP
  • Classic and Coward masks are ugly
  • Clothing options are horrid, hair color = mask color = god no
  • Awkward restrictions on elemental spells
  • Terrible active specialties, unimpressive passives
  • Heals are too conditional (2 casts per turn, trade places/pulls)
  • 3 Elemental spells cost WP when "all" of their active specialties also cost WP.
  • New Lock/Dodge system throws a wrench in their dodging gimmick.
  • Close-combat class, damage-oriented, not tanky at all. Why.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832848  Replies : 97  Views : 1831
posté February 23, 2015, 06:46:14 | #17

Quote (FeldePard @ 23 February 2015 03:49) *

Quote (Merriden @ 23 February 2015 01:43) *
Why would you make a memorial in a haven bag? It's a place that is infamous for randomly being wiped and reset to zero by shoddy game code.

And where would you suggest I make it then? If I have no RL holdings in which to plant a tree, spend most of my time on Wakfu these days, and the HB is the only place where I can set it to where NO ONE can touch my things (even if I forgot to remove this person this time..)

I have never been randomly wiped in the haven bag (knock on wood) so honestly... it was ONE ITEM...

And besides... it's MY haven bag? I'm not sure why people question putting my own things in my own haven bag? Lol...

I never questioned you using your haven bag nor putting objects in your haven bag.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832835  Replies : 40  Views : 1523