Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Merriden's profile
Statistics
1082 Posts (0.6 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 12:55:18 | #1

Quote (TestAccountDONOTKILL @ 20 January 2017 04:36) *
PvPing wingless players IS the main form of griefing on this game.

Restricting PvP to winged targets only would break the nation eco-system system yes, but IMO that system is already kinda broken anyway.

Also people deliberately stealing plants/crops someone else planted doesn't happen very often in my experience

This ascribes way more foresight and intelligence to Ankama's developers than I think is realistic lol.

And if Ankama's designers are such clairvoyant supergeniuses then why has the game been in a downward spiral for so long?

I'm sorry you wrote such a long post believing that anecdotal evidence was a hard counter to simple fact, but allow me to correct you. In Wakfu, PvP and the ecosystem are intrinsically connected. To change PvP necessitates changing the ecosystem feature as well. Neglecting to do so would leave the ecosystem feature broken.

When Wakfu was initially released, it was possible to battle other players anywhere and any time, with the notable exceptions of the tutorial areas: Incarnum and Astrub. There was protection against PvP for any character under lvl 13, but since those characters were free to wreak havoc on the ecosystem, the restriction was lifted and all characters regardless of level were on equal footing. At that time, it did not seem that players were especially surprised or upset when PK'd, because they understood that it was part and parcel to Wakfu's gameplay.

However, things became very confusing after the rules were changed to require the activation of PvP in a character's passport to make combat possible. Newer players were given the mistaken impression that PvP was in its own bubble separate from the main game, and by extension that it was a bug or oversight that permitted non-winged players to be attacked. In stark contrast to Wakfu at launch, where players who were PK'd understood that it was an instance of a human being wanting to experience an interaction with a fellow human being, today's players who get PK'd respond with a complete lack of comprehension, baffled at the seemingly inexplicable behavior of the other player. In their eyes, a player should only do anything when it tangibly benefits them in some way, and PKing unwinged characters has no such material reward.

How sad that the players of Wakfu see it as a grindfest and not a fun game that doesn't need be taken so seriously. The sandbox elements of Wakfu are one of the few key selling points it boasts over other MMOs, yet those features are being increasingly weakened over the years.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #996293  Replies : 21  Views : 646
posté Yesterday - 02:05:18 | #2

Quote (jiggmin @ 20 January 2017 01:24) *

Quote (Avryn @ 20 January 2017 00:07) *
I think if Ankama didn't want people freely PK'ing they wouldn't have designed the game in a way that you could freely PK. They probably also would not have created a nation specifically designed to grief other nations and PK.

C'mon now.
Except the mod himself called it abusive conduct

Where

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #996240  Replies : 21  Views : 646
posté Yesterday - 00:36:46 | #3
If PvP was restricted to only winged players, there would be zero way to counter griefing. Non-winged players could freely clear-cut areas of resources, immune to consequences.

Removing PKing would break other fundamental game systems. Might as well remove the entire sandbox ecosystem while you're at it.

Wakfu needs more content, not less. Stop advocating this nonsense.

Also, it would still be possible to jump into other player's PvM fights and murder them there, unless you also think friendly fire should be disabled too?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #996234  Replies : 21  Views : 646
posté January 16, 2017, 18:21:10 | #4

Quote (Xillor-The-Shadow @ 16 January 2017 18:09) *

Quote (TheRogueCat @ 16 January 2017 17:21) *
Ambassador's Wing, with the Freezing effect and those archers with that continual rain of arrows, and two other enemies with stun effect. That combo is fatal if you are a melee player, worse yet with the returned damage.
this is also way too early of a dungeon to have mobs that stay as a pile of bones and come back to life later in the fight...

Regular chafer mobs and dungeon has this exact same mechanic though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #995804  Replies : 50  Views : 1464
posté January 16, 2017, 14:30:21 | #5
We can't remove the PK system because then there would be no way to prevent eco-terrorizing, or to stop a player from cutting down all the resources that you planted for yourself.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #995772  Replies : 16  Views : 412
posté January 15, 2017, 09:43:50 | #6
I'd be happy to give you some cloudy cotton, Tex.

Oh sick, you're in game right now. Omw fam.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #995674  Replies : 12  Views : 445
posté January 13, 2017, 11:49:32 | #7

Quote (xmetx-zero-x @ 13 January 2017 07:20) *

Quote (Merriden @ 13 January 2017 06:46) *

Quote (Xillor-The-Shadow @ 13 January 2017 00:22) *
Sacrier is stuck glass cannoning stuff and being dead after 3 ~ 4 turns.

Jesus Christ, THIS lmao

I've just accepted it as part of life by this point.
Playing like that just means you're hungry for "le top tier dd damage kek use fury in pve". There are other ways to make yourself useful other than damage.

Your assumption about me is off the mark, friendo.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #995463  Replies : 34  Views : 1070
posté January 13, 2017, 06:46:42 | #8

Quote (Xillor-The-Shadow @ 13 January 2017 00:22) *
Sacrier is stuck glass cannoning stuff and being dead after 3 ~ 4 turns.

Jesus Christ, THIS lmao

I've just accepted it as part of life by this point.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #995444  Replies : 34  Views : 1070
posté January 12, 2017, 18:16:22 | #9

Quote (EarthyMadness @ 12 January 2017 18:04) *
Tbh I don't always agree with Hate but I'm on his side here.

Also, is valvatorez actually here? I still have him blocked so I wasn't sure.

Yeah he still posts often.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #995376  Replies : 34  Views : 1070
posté January 12, 2017, 09:28:25 | #10

Quote (Babaganoosh2 @ 12 January 2017 02:58) *
Your statement is so toxic and selfish I don't even know where to start LoL.

to flat out accuse the last 3 to be poorly designed and very unacceptable is just really greedy.

I honestly don't feel this is being too harsh towards comments like yours.

WHAT

This comment is delusional and lacking self-awareness that it's nothing short of appalling. Get your head on straight before you post again.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #995326  Replies : 34  Views : 1070
posté January 12, 2017, 09:11:55 | #11

Quote (Gompa-Style @ 12 January 2017 08:27) *
it took me only a month to hit 189.

its important to join a guild lol.

Woah dude, that's really impressive! Nice.

Good advice, too.

A lot of new players insist on making their own guild from scratch, and while I can understand why they would want to, it really is like swimming upstream. Better to join an established guild who can help you out in little or big ways, rather than struggling to rediscover the wheel on your own.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #995323  Replies : 8  Views : 473
posté January 07, 2017, 04:08:22 | #12

Quote (Xillor-The-Shadow @ 06 January 2017 16:59) *
If a server has a ton of players:
Less drama

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #994819  Replies : 18  Views : 632
posté January 05, 2017, 17:17:51 | #13
Hm, okay.  

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #994587  Replies : 37  Views : 1510
posté January 01, 2017, 00:54:57 | #14
Thanks! You too! Here's hoping 2017 will be a great year for Wakfu!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #994010  Replies : 2  Views : 209
posté December 24, 2016, 09:26:19 | #15

Quote (D3trix @ 24 December 2016 09:04) *
this bug has been reported several times already, you should check before reposting it

No, I'm making more noise because it's Saturday and I still can't get in.

Thread : 1.50 Bug Reports  Preview message : #993105  Replies : 25  Views : 431
posté December 24, 2016, 04:14:04 | #16
Sham Moon inaccessible for party members Seems that the door to Sham Moon is not allowing players to enter unless they are the group leader. Please fix this immediately, otherwise no one can do this UB.

Thread : 1.50 Bug Reports  Preview message : #993083  Replies : 25  Views : 431
posté December 21, 2016, 20:53:11 | #17

Quote (saphiLC @ 21 December 2016 20:44) *
right now looks like its not a problem, but when they start adding special gear from dungeons ran at like 30 stasis or more, ppl will start realizing why im complaining (i guess most ppl didnt bother trying higher than 20 stasis dungeons with the crappy emblems and crappy choice of stats and spells, custom gear, stats and spells are a must, thats why getting that gear is going to be P2W, unless the stats suck, and i doubt they will). Some ppl just can't see past their noses.

Yeah.

When the Adjustable Level System first came out and people were complaining that the automatic emblems were bad, I didn't agree that it was a real problem—Me and Hooks were able to scale down our characters and do successful dungeon runs while wearing the emblems.

But my opinion has changed with the introduction of dungeon Stasis levels. I'm hesitant to say this, and I'd never say it lightly, but I think that completing a Stasis lvl 20 dungeon while scaled down and wearing the automatic emblem is impossible. I don't think it can be done. Characters need real equipment suited for their individual class and build, if they are to succeed in the higher Stasis levels. That means players will need to devote a stat page to the adjusted level.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #992661  Replies : 67  Views : 2224
posté December 21, 2016, 20:35:12 | #18

Quote (SpecAce @ 21 December 2016 19:59) *
cant you just replace the page you are done using when you are finished with said content?

With a respec.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #992657  Replies : 67  Views : 2224
posté December 21, 2016, 04:58:48 | #19
It's intended.

Read about it here.

Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #992558  Replies : 5  Views : 362