Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Merriden's profile
Statistics
612 Posts (0.63 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 05:44:33 | #1
Panda. Though they're getting revamped soon.
Sram?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789304  Replies : 9  Views : 355
posté Yesterday - 05:33:15 | #2
Seriously why are we not doing the weekly maintenance anymore? I don't accept that "we don't need them" as a reason. We need them. All MMOs need them.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789301  Replies : 19  Views : 499
posté October 19, 2014, 17:09:53 | #3

Quote (LowWide @ 19 October 2014 12:33) *
Then say it. You can stream the game from a PC on a TV (what wasn't called streaming till cool people name it the way) or on a Tablet, if you for example plug them together, but you're not allowed to use third party programms, when you do it. (limelight stuff)
So easy.

Say it? Say what? That you don't know what you're talking about?

You don't know what your'e talking about, LowWide.

Limelight is not forbidden by Ankama's ToU. It does not interact directly with the game client in any way. You're making a fool of yourself in public.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788723  Replies : 17  Views : 846
posté October 18, 2014, 18:39:02 | #4

Quote (LowWide @ 18 October 2014 17:38) *

Quote (Merriden @ 18 October 2014 04:15) *

Quote (LowWide @ 18 October 2014 02:37) *
Third party software is forbidden because it modifies the game files or enables exploits. Software that lets you stream from one device to another and which enables touch-screen functionality is IMPOSSIBLE for Ankama to detect, and does not break any rules whatsoever. Stop spreading misinformation. It's not forbidden at all, LowWide.
That's the thing: Ankama can't see what you do there. You may only stream the game, but another one might abuse a mechanic through such programs. Therefore, everything is forbidden. And you wouldn't say "misinformation" if you would read the terms of usage Ankama updated not so long ago.

5.2.3 You agree not to use or create pirate servers, proxies, emulators or any other elements of this type to connect to the Games. You may only use the tools and resources offered and accepted by the Company to connect to the Games.

Your streaming software and this "touch-screen" functionality isn't Ankamas, so you can't use it, so easy.
You are really something. Some people have called you a troll, but I don't actually think you're TRYING to be wrong.

My laptop has a touchscreen built-in, with a pop-up keyboard if I want to type. I don't have to use the mouse or the physical keyboard to play Wafku (on it's intended platform!) so that throws half of your "argument" out the window.

Obviously you're not very tech-savvy if you think that streaming your computer to a tv or smartphone is what they meant when they said "connect to the game". Your computer is doing the connecting normally, as it always would, but then that video and audio are streamed to a different output.

SO EASY.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788455  Replies : 17  Views : 846
posté October 18, 2014, 04:25:52 | #5

Quote (LowWide @ 18 October 2014 02:32) *

Quote (Nerd-Tease @ 18 October 2014 02:26) *

Quote (LowWide @ 18 October 2014 01:34) *
It's like people think you HAVE TO mint with rare ores. They're a small BONUS if you harvest stuff, so you can get 1k+ from a little amount of ores. Rare stands for: Not farming it and hunt for it, but, randomly find somthing and being happy about it.
No, but with the rarity of 1% and the low usefulness of the normal ore outside of leveling proffessions (doesn't go into anything of value), using millions of resource points for this rare gain is no longer worth doing. If this recipe was accessible through a normal kama minter, i could understand, but these recipes were supposed to be better alternatives for those willing to invest; this does not seem to be the case anymore.
So you you level up miner to only get access to rate ores?

Reading comprehension. The only reason to build the Haven World kama minter is because it offers kama minting crafts that are not otherwise possible.

The minter costs 1,000,000 kamas to build, and if (due to the new 1% acquisition rate) you only mint 10,000 kamas via the special crafts, then it's a bad investment.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788331  Replies : 17  Views : 738
posté October 18, 2014, 04:15:15 | #6

Quote (LowWide @ 18 October 2014 02:37) *

Quote (FajneCycki @ 18 October 2014 01:46) *

Quote (LowWide @ 18 October 2014 01:36) *
As I know it isn't allowed to play games from Ankama using third party software, and it can result in a ban. Ankama released a web version of dofus, and maybe will do it for wakfu, too.
Well... The game is being run on PC the exact same way, it's just it's being streamed to some other device. My keyboard driver is third party software as well and it doesn't mean that Ankama has to approve Acer so I can press buttons in game.
Those are 2 different things: Keyboard and mouse are game requirements, set by the developer itself, but a streaming programm is a third party programm, and every third party programm you don't NEED to play on PC, is actually set by Ankama as forbidden device.

Third party software is forbidden because it modifies the game files or enables exploits. Software that lets you stream from one device to another and which enables touch-screen functionality is IMPOSSIBLE for Ankama to detect, and does not break any rules whatsoever. Stop spreading misinformation. It's not forbidden at all, LowWide.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788329  Replies : 17  Views : 846
posté October 18, 2014, 02:43:11 | #7

Quote (samrux2 @ 17 October 2014 22:45) *
The basis of the class and build stays for that entire period. A water Eni heals at level 100, and heals at level 160, it just has more damage% and HP, and passive and active abilities on his favor, the second time.I strongly trust that I know well how classes are, how they behave and what they can do, not needing to have a lvl 140 of every single one of them to do so.

Have you reached the level cap with every class to know how they behave endgame? To know how to play every single one endgame? To know its ups and downs perfectly?

I gotta disagree with this stance.

You don't have to play every class to lvl 140 to be allowed an opinion of its mechanics; partying regularly with different players can teach you plenty about the various classes. This is how most people build their knowledge of the game, by playing with (or against) each other.

You're allowed to form your own thoughts and opinions, but these guys are right; if you haven't reached level cap at any point in the game, then your posts on how classes should perform will be taken with a grain of salt.

Also the line about Enis healing no matter if they're level 100 or 150 is just... c'mon. Most classes can and do change dramatically in that 50 level timespan, morphing into hybrid and tribrids.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788297  Replies : 87  Views : 1953
posté October 18, 2014, 01:55:28 | #8

Quote (LowWide @ 18 October 2014 01:36) *
As I know it isn't allowed to play games from Ankama using third party software, and it can result in a ban. Ankama released a web version of dofus, and maybe will do it for wakfu, too.

That's ridiculous; the rule is that you cannot use 3rd party software to manipulate the game itself. All that is different here is the actual display output/ user input method.

Edit: I use Teamviewer to stream Wakfu from my PC to my smartphone so I can mine while at work.

This post has been edited by Merriden - October 18, 2014, 02:08:40.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788286  Replies : 17  Views : 846
posté October 13, 2014, 20:31:21 | #9

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 13 October 2014 19:25) *

Quote (Merriden @ 13 October 2014 18:17) *

Quote (Hudski @ 13 October 2014 12:28) *
Can't you buy a drago steed off the marketboard for kamas?

You should really investigate these things before posting.

No, dragosteeds are untradable.
Rude, he's posting because he IS investigating.

That's not how investigation works, but enjoy your indignation I suppose.

I'm pretty confident that Dragosteeds will be tradable/sellable by some point in 2015, though the regular quest-earned derp mount will surely stay account-bound like the Astrub Knight.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787123  Replies : 21  Views : 946
posté October 13, 2014, 18:17:12 | #10

Quote (Hudski @ 13 October 2014 12:28) *
Can't you buy a drago steed off the marketboard for kamas?

You should really investigate these things before posting.

No, dragosteeds are untradable.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787086  Replies : 21  Views : 946
posté October 12, 2014, 01:40:58 | #11

Quote (Attamisk @ 12 October 2014 01:15) *
Can I ask how people generally sell their item drops, and where they buy solid overall gear throughout the game? Is it entirely based on those bags on the ground, or is their an auction house somewhere, or even NPC's to sell at?

Heavens no.

At each of the four Outposts (1 in each nation) there is a marketboard for you to sell and buy stuff at. You can list up to 10 items at a time to sell. The search filters aren't fantastic, but do help to narrow down what you're looking for (e.g. level range of gear)

There is also a marketboard in Astrub that does not link to the ones in the nations, and one in Kelba that is similarly isolated.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786657  Replies : 20  Views : 977
posté October 10, 2014, 23:49:33 | #12

Quote (Saganpilgrim @ 03 October 2014 12:40) *
I've tried to craft a 7 capacity bag using Royal Feathers for the last 2 days STRAIGHT.
13 hours of ridiculous f**king grind to get a 7 CAPACITY BAG.

I'm FINISHED with Wakfu because clearly the developers only intended professions to be used by high level players who poked enough fat mobs to find 25 capacity space bags.

Why would you not just pick a different bag to craft? *points to larval pouch*

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #786434  Replies : 2  Views : 280
posté October 10, 2014, 22:25:28 | #13
Good.

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #786413  Replies : 9  Views : 1274
posté October 10, 2014, 20:14:41 | #14
In mines (caves).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786386  Replies : 5  Views : 277
posté October 10, 2014, 18:14:09 | #15

Quote (Asthis @ 06 October 2014 14:58) *
Yeah but Meridias are tradeable... They'd have to make them nontradable if they did that or there would be thousands of them.

I just want to remind everyone that the asian server opened up sometime in January of this year, which means there is literally not a single player on that server with a Meridia. Meanwhile I'm sure there are thousands of other kinds of relics being worn there.

If we're going to discuss balance, it should be said that you can't balance this kind of thing equally between servers that opened up two years apart from each other.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786365  Replies : 797  Views : 20819
posté October 09, 2014, 00:51:40 | #16

Quote (Asthis @ 08 October 2014 03:37) *
Somebody just told me that Inflatables tend to heal 3x3 bosses. I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced that.

YES THEY DO.

Last week my Sadida's inflatable ran up to Magmog and healed him for over 700 hp. I almost broke my keyboard over my knee, and immediately killed the doll before it could make a habit of that.

Quote (Hudski @ 08 October 2014 20:09) *
I swear possession needs to be a passive that triggers at the end of your turn to control all your summons (integrate with Animal Link? ty).

Oh my god that would be fabulous. How would leveling it up work? Would it let you control dolls within a certain range of you?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785923  Replies : 47  Views : 1189
posté October 08, 2014, 02:05:05 | #17
The lack of change to blind actually bothers me the most. Trool dungeon has monsters able to completely blind three players in one turn from a range of like nine tiles away. That's insanely unfair, frustrating and not fun.

(at the very least, please code your game in a way where the minimum range of a 0-4 spell is 1, not 0. A blind person can at least feel the space right in front of them.)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785584  Replies : 54  Views : 1296
posté October 07, 2014, 22:46:43 | #18
Not a bug so much as just BAD AI, but I love how Inflatables seem to go out of their way to walk right in front of a team member before healing them, and then end their turn there, as if to purposely block line of sight.

When not deliberately getting in the way, they unnecessarily walk far away onto penalty tiles or Rogue firewalls, as you mentioned.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785487  Replies : 47  Views : 1189
posté October 07, 2014, 16:59:24 | #19

Quote (Cabran @ 07 October 2014 15:27) *
Though tbh isn't it just simpler to let everyone attack like before the update?! Those with PvP flags raised gain merit from other PvP flagged players, while those with 'PvP flags' lowered can still attack that annoying twit and just not gain any merit.

I strongly want this.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785375  Replies : 32  Views : 1217
posté October 06, 2014, 03:42:27 | #20
You guys are confusing me. I thought that Thork regenerated based on number of characters on the field.
  • Enemies
  • Players
  • Summons and mechanics
No?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #784761  Replies : 17  Views : 678