Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Zadistforlife's profile
Statistics
507 Posts (0.16 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 03:14:52 | #1
I'm quite fond of the Wabbit boss music personally, adorable!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782533  Replies : 26  Views : 434
posté Today - 03:13:49 | #2
Toss up between a stasis Fogger, an Xelor on an insane AP turn, or a Sram IMO... But raw damage isn't everything!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782531  Replies : 48  Views : 563
posté Today - 03:11:54 | #3

Quote (Hellious @ 30 September 2014 02:43) *
I added you. The Sadist, are you still offering the service? Is it cheaper to just outright buy the goultard or to get its component?

Services are still on offer and honestly? No idea, I've never actually bothered with it. Gathering the materials seems to take a degree of time, so that should be a factor if you're keen to actually get the materials yourself.

Thread : Crafting  Preview message : #782530  Replies : 11  Views : 1186
posté Yesterday - 03:11:25 | #4
500 employees spanning across two main games and animating a TV series.. Not to mention side games and general art creation for comics and whatnot.

I suppose that explains support.

But in all seriousness this is good news! Hopefully the release of Wakfu on steam alongside the series appearing on Netflix might give the game some much needed coverage.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782090  Replies : 7  Views : 398
posté September 27, 2014, 06:07:10 | #5
Water / Fire Enus rock, your friend should go for it. I don't think anyone can tell you how PP works.. you can complete challenges and drop nothing, fail them all and drop an epic.. But I suppose it helps!
In terms of raw damage dealing classes Sram / Eca / Xelor / Zobal / Rogue / Iop / Dragon Osa / Cra all spring to mind.. Ultimately most classes can deal decent damage, this becomes more noticeable later on when you have access to awesome gear and whatnot. In terms of sidekicks, and assuming your team is going Eni / Enu / DD, a Trank would be a handy tank and I can't recommend him enough. That aside it's up to you, Lumino is a decent pocket healer, Glob deals pretty decent damage when geared correctly and I'm told Shadow can dish out nice damage later on. Have you considered making a second account each? Rolling with 2 each would be ideal.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781417  Replies : 3  Views : 109
posté September 26, 2014, 13:27:50 | #6
Hi there Sabi,

When I click any of the Western packages it prompts this:

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

So while I'm part of the Western community I live in Australia and for some reason that's presumably preventing myself and other Australian based Remington players from purchasing the package(s).

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - September 27, 2014, 02:08:51.
Thread : News  Preview message : #781064  Replies : 77  Views : 2000
posté September 26, 2014, 01:43:23 | #7

Quote (picklesaregood @ 25 September 2014 21:01) *

believe it or not you don't qualify as a "veteran", yes you've been playing a long time but if you're only lvl 130 after playing for years then obviously you don't clock very much time in this game

you're probably spending an hour a week on wakfu, so you don't qualify as a "veteran" so don't pretend to speak as one

you're a casual, if you've been playing this game for years and you can't even keep up with the level cap

it's not like its hard to keep up with level cap all you have to do is... well play the game and obviously you dont

just drop the topic, this thread made its point and now you're just arguing with the people who aren't vets who just started the last 3 months and think they know everything about this game compared to us who has played for years

theres no point in arguing with kids who just got their tasty chocolate treats, they don't know what's bad for them and they'll argue you to death to keep their chocolate to eat until they have a mouth full of cavity and come crying on forums or simply just poof

just a matter of time, just let them be

Believe it or not, I do classify as a veteran! Up until recently I was on par with the level cap and my highest level is 140ish, I simply took a break as real life became a little hectic and there were several other games I wanted to check out.

Wrong again bud, I recently returned and leveled alts from 1-130 without boosters in > a week, stop being presumptuous, you're coming across as childish. Just because I don't spend 15 hours a day playing that doesn't mean I'm not a veteran, it means I have a life outside of the game (not that I'm condemning people for playing 15 hours a day, good for you.. You are not, however, a special snowflake, you simply have too much time on your hands).

Once again casual =/= veteran, learn the word before using it. I can casually play a game for years and I'll still be a veteran, it's not mind boggling rocket science.

I'm not going drop anything, as it stands a few players who got their relics prior to the patch feel self entitled and are baiting, trolling and ignoring rational arguments. Once again, I'm part of the 'us' group, having played the game for years. Once I hit level 160 and get a relic (which can literally take a week) your argument against me has no actual ground.

I'm hoping you're talking about Mr Cat, arguing with him is indeed... annoying.

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 25 September 2014 20:48) *
I should have said ELITE players, not old, nooby players. my bad.

You mean people who spend 16 hours a day playing a game? Elite isn't the word I'd use. Perhaps read this: Click here and get a few pointers, you're really bad at it.

Also

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 26 September 2014 00:44) *
your highgest level is 125

You don't even have characters according to your account... so there's that.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - September 26, 2014, 03:44:46.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780831  Replies : 126  Views : 1796
posté September 25, 2014, 19:38:36 | #8

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 25 September 2014 18:46) *

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 25 September 2014 13:49) *

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 25 September 2014 11:51) *
Well after careful review I have found that anyone who is max level and has a relic finds the game too easy and boring, anyone who is not max level and does not have a relic, loves the patch. Just wait a couple weeks til you're max level and have a relic (or 3!!) then you'll understand why all the veteran players hate this.

I am a veteran player *pokes member since date* and I disagree with your mentality. At my current leveling rate I'll hit 160 in a few weeks and once I do so I don't think I'll feel the need to spend every waking hour farming the same dungeon 50 times. Furthermore, I have a crazy amount of goals to complete, achievements to do and classes to experiment with. The game probably is easier now but if you find the game boring perhaps it's time to move on (I lose track with you, always coming and going) and find something that you enjoy playing.
Thanks for reinforcing my point! You are NOT a veteran player kiddo, you're a level 135 noob that hasn't leveled, hasn't gotten relics, hasn't finished professions so you are not a good example.

I had relics before the update, leveled professions before the update and max leveled before the update. Theres nothing left for VETERAN PLAYERS to achieve anymore! Well, just to wait for new content... But if I can farm ALL THE GEAR AND ALL THE RELICS from the NEW CONTENT in two weeks THEN ITS A BORING ASS GAME. Get it?

Touchy touchy. I am, by all means, a veteran player 'kiddo', I've played Wakfu on and off for years and have been reasonably active throughout the duration (small breaks here and there, but always end up coming back). A person can create a brand new account, grind to 160 with the help of friends, grind relics with said friends and have played a grand total of a month or two. They are by no means a veteran, they are simply 'hardcore' players, learn the difference before using the word, yeah? Also, my professions are all maxed outside of chef (working on it, the bridge from 80-90 is.. painful and expensive!), so there's that. Actually, I maxed professions relatively early in the game, over 2 years ago now and I even have multiple leather dealers maxed (those Imperial boots were the bomb!) and whatnot.

Once again, veteran =/= someone who plays 12 hours a day. If I buy some wisdom potions I'll hit 160 in no time, likewise once I'm exam free I can spam a dungeon 50 times.. That doesn't make me a veteran, the fact I've been playing on and off for years does. Have you got maxed wings? Have you completed all the achievements? Has your guild got a fully decked out haven world? There's a lot you can do, you simply choose to focus on the gear grind. VETERAN PLAYERS can still achieve a great deal, SWARMING LOCUSTS who spend 16 hours a day grinding dungeons, acquiring relics and complaining about the lack of content are a different story altogether.

In short, veteran =/= hardcore. Honestly, if you already have all the relics and are waiting on new content perhaps you should go play another game, that's what I do.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - September 25, 2014, 19:59:50.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780670  Replies : 126  Views : 1796
posté September 25, 2014, 18:24:09 | #9
Though there's no reason you shouldn't go Air / Earth or something, it adds a bit more flexibility and also a decent AoE spell.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #780648  Replies : 3  Views : 572
posté September 25, 2014, 17:57:37 | #10

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 25 September 2014 06:09) *

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 22 September 2014 16:21) *

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 22 September 2014 02:05) *
Mainstream class imo

And..?

Been using the guide as framework for my own Xelor, it's quite fun to play!
so what do you do

Spam punishment
Get raped with 8 ap every turn
Get to 75 dmg cell
Hit
Repeat

Or occasionally use aging and fire spells

Please tell me what's fun in that

My current build has 10ap, 12 with x2 devotion. I do indeed alternate between punishment when the enemy is weak to air or there are several around an hour cell and aging (when on tick) / hand. I also regularly use underhand / line of fire alongside support spells when I can't actually deal damage (xelor's sandglass / time control).

Fun is relative, calling something mainstream doesn't make it boring, I quite enjoy my 16 AP combos and the flexibility of the Xelor class, it's one of the more interesting mechanically speaking. I can buff allies, manipulate the map and deal crazy amounts of damage. While this may be considered boring by your standards the same can be said about any class.

I know you think you're some amazing troll and only post nonsense hoping for a response, but I've already ignored your banter ingame and I'm about to do it on the forum.

Have a good one.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - September 25, 2014, 18:37:33.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #780635  Replies : 164  Views : 38355
posté September 25, 2014, 13:49:05 | #11

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 25 September 2014 11:51) *
Well after careful review I have found that anyone who is max level and has a relic finds the game too easy and boring, anyone who is not max level and does not have a relic, loves the patch. Just wait a couple weeks til you're max level and have a relic (or 3!!) then you'll understand why all the veteran players hate this.

I am a veteran player *pokes member since date* and I disagree with your mentality. At my current leveling rate I'll hit 160 in a few weeks and once I do so I don't think I'll feel the need to spend every waking hour farming the same dungeon 50 times. Furthermore, I have a crazy amount of goals to complete, achievements to do and classes to experiment with. The game probably is easier now but if you find the game boring perhaps it's time to move on (I lose track with you, always coming and going) and find something that you enjoy playing.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - September 25, 2014, 13:50:22.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780519  Replies : 126  Views : 1796
posté September 25, 2014, 05:06:12 | #12

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 25 September 2014 05:00) *
Hahahaha I love how the only people defending the SUPER EASY MODE ankama activated last patch are level 15's to 80's LOL

Look again buddy .

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780400  Replies : 126  Views : 1796
posté September 25, 2014, 04:24:52 | #13
As it stands getting to 160, grinding dungeons for either fragments (if you want the title and aura) or linked fragments (if you simply want the relic) alongside getting the rest of your set would take a decent amount of time. I've been farming for a Solomonk (unboostered, until Ankama fixes this payment issue) and having done 3-6 runs each day I'm sitting on 140ish tokens and 53 actual fragments. As it stands you need 500 tokens for a relic, at 10 tokens are run that's still 50 runs, or 100 runs in my case. Yes you can go hardcore and do 50 runs in a few days but that doesn't mean everyone can or will. I like the change personally, the random nature of the fragments was always painful. Yes gear is easier to get, but it's now a tangible goal for the casual or semi-hardcore... And no, that doesn't mean the game is doomed to fail.

The price of items have dropped, but certain things still sell relatively well if the price is right. Half the issue with the economy is the whole transmute process and lack of set bonuses / removal of stats from specific pieces of gear, but that's a different story.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - September 25, 2014, 04:26:23.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780390  Replies : 126  Views : 1796
posté September 25, 2014, 03:28:52 | #14

Quote (Chompers @ 25 September 2014 02:13) *

Quote (Atriri @ 25 September 2014 01:59) *
I'm looking to get back into the game after a lengthy absence. I'd previously always played on Nox, but after randomly browsing the forum a couple of times I've seen people speak negatively about it's population size, that it's more underpopulated than other servers.

So, what's a good server these days that won't have language barrier issues for a primary english speaker? Or is Nox actually fine after all?

You want nox as remington is a international server and you will experiance a lot of different languages and if that bothers you then Nox especially as the steam launch has helped a lot also.

There are pocket communities out there, but Remington seems to have a rather solid English speaking community, so I'd go Remington.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780379  Replies : 30  Views : 467
posté September 25, 2014, 00:44:09 | #15

Quote (Noinek @ 24 September 2014 21:33) *
Nerf it. So stupid class

Or you can reach endgame before demanding nerfs because you're not ruining everyone in low level PvP... Food for thought.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - September 25, 2014, 00:44:18.
Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #780334  Replies : 57  Views : 1664
posté September 24, 2014, 14:52:26 | #16
I'm guessing due to being Australian you're region locked, I think you'll have contact support in order to use your code. As seen here:
Click here you can redeem your code on the Wakfu Asia website (which is were we Australians are region locked to for whatever reason) but I'm not entirely sure you can select Nox as a server. I'm personally holding out purchasing my packs until they fix this nonsense.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - September 24, 2014, 14:53:32.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #780018  Replies : 5  Views : 151
posté September 24, 2014, 08:00:41 | #17

Quote (Chompers @ 24 September 2014 07:22) *

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 24 September 2014 07:19) *
Buying a steam package question.

I'm an Australian based Remington player and I'm tempted to buy a 'package' but can only purchase the Wakfu Asian product and not the Western one.

It seems like if you purchase the Wakfu Asian 'package' you can't use it on the Remington server... is this true? Or am I being fed some wrong information?

They tell you what to purchase right here:

Link

Otherwise you are in a region lock if you use steam unless you get around it.

I posted there as well, as it seems an Australian Remington player is having issues as he purchased an Asian version product which can't be used on the Remington server.

I'm capable of using Steam to log into Remington, I'm not sure if I can purchase a pack safely though.

Thread : News  Preview message : #779885  Replies : 77  Views : 2000
posté September 24, 2014, 07:19:11 | #18
Buying a steam package question.

I'm an Australian based Remington player and I'm tempted to buy a 'package' but can only purchase the Wakfu Asian product and not the Western one.

It seems like if you purchase the Wakfu Asian 'package' you can't use it on the Remington server... is this true? Or am I being fed some wrong information?

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - September 24, 2014, 07:20:35.
Thread : News  Preview message : #779870  Replies : 77  Views : 2000
posté September 24, 2014, 06:54:29 | #19
Horrible title and paragraph formation aside, I like your suggestions and I don't see why such things shouldn't exist!

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #779868  Replies : 4  Views : 193
posté September 23, 2014, 16:34:14 | #20

Quote (stryve @ 23 September 2014 16:01) *

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 23 September 2014 15:56) *

Quote (CrimsonRoze @ 23 September 2014 15:18) *

Quote (lealr @ 23 September 2014 14:18) *
So based on the support response I received, apparently their suggestions point to using these above options, 3D Secure. But the thing is most US banks, well the banks I use, don't support that option and use a completely different system. My bank says nothing is wrong with their system and that it's Ankama that needs to fix their system. This goes for both Visa and Mastercard. Paypal is still out of the question so people like me are still not able to buy orgrines. There is always the Steam option but there is no way I am will pay $19.99 to sub my toons. Hopefully they provide additional options other than buying packs on Steam.

Start the game in steam, and inside the game press the "shop" button at the top right corner. From there you can buy ogrines via steam at various size packages and most of them at better prized than their counterparts outside of steam.

Question!

Does this require the account which is attempting to buy the Ogrines to be linked via Steam account (assuming yes here)? It means I'll have to make 3 more Steam accounts to utilise this sort of method... But I suppose that's a practical solution via single account users at any rate.
Yes, for every wakfu account you have, you'd need a steam account. Its a practical solution regardless.. The only thing that would make it possibly easier is if they allowed for gifting of ogrines, but given the fraud problems they've seen, you are better off purchasing through steam anyways.

Follow up question!

I know currently Steam is region locked, but if I link an account and sub will I still be able to access Remington via the Wakfu launcher?

Edit: it seems they recently fixed this issue, nevermind... Off to make 3 more steam accounts !

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - September 23, 2014, 16:36:46.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779515  Replies : 11  Views : 211