Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Zadistforlife's profile
Statistics
541 Posts (0.17 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté November 16, 2014, 12:50:06 | #1

Quote (Agosta @ 16 November 2014 10:04) *

1. Multi clienters get the benefit of being able to run between 10 and 30 different characters.

2. If they do not wish to sub 6 accounts, they can easily power level alts and regear them in less than a week. Trust me, it takes no time at all to level alts on 2x and 3x xp. They'd be level 120 in under 6 hours.

3. This gives players more flexibility with grouping and makes groups available at all times. I'm part of one of the biggest guilds on Nox and I don't always get to be part of dungeon groups, so either I dick around by myself or I log out.

4. Hero Sidekicks would be a great incentive for f2p players to subscribe if they're a basic feature.

Honestly if they try to increase the cost of a sub per month this is going to be a huge flop because multi clienters will not purchase it and people who don't multi client because of price will not buy it either. The only possible way for this system to have some type of large scale affect on the game is it being a booster feature or being a one time payment like Sidekicks.

1. I'm not sure what sort of normal player would rock 10 to 30 different characters simultaneously so I can't take this particular point seriously. That being said, currently multi-boxers can do that regardless with a good enough computer.
  2. I completely agree, but you overlooked the achievement aspect alongside re-doing quests, farming linked items etc etc. My biggest issue, as mentioned, is having to re-grind achievements. Furthermore, titles and whatnot which I've acquired on certain characters would be deleted alongside them, because you know, the names I want are taken.
  3. That's irrelevant to my discussion so I don't feel the need to touch this particular point. That being said, I do agree with you, I am not against this change.
  4. Once again, I agree but you've ventured off topic.

And the obvious issue is if it's cheaper to rock 1 account with 6 characters someone who has spent years on 2-6 characters is, in essence, 'forced' to pay much extra for a way more inconvenient system. I like that this system is actually in the process of being perfected, but I do feel those who roll multiple boxes currently are getting an extremely bad deal. I know people will re-make characters in a heartbeat and everything can be acquired again with time (titles aside).. but still, I would have liked this option from the start sort of thing and it feels like a waste.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - November 16, 2014, 12:58:07.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797194  Replies : 281  Views : 7207
posté November 16, 2014, 08:41:43 | #2

Quote (Merriden @ 16 November 2014 04:20) *

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 16 November 2014 01:57) *
I'd like to something akin to:

• If none of the above actually happen, extremely reduced exp / drop for alts used on one account, perhaps worse as more alts are used (yes I'm that bitter).

That's pretty much it, I can see this screwing up royally but we'll see.

Arguments made out of bitterness aren't very convincing.

There's no point in utilizing the Heroes feature if the characters only get "extremely reduced exp / drops".

I guess my humour isn't for everyone. Also, who's arguing?

That being said, if one person who has been rocking 2-6 accounts for the last few years, and in the process has been supporting Ankama, is basically required to re-make his or her entire team on one account and complete everything again because it's more convenient, costs less and has literally no drawbacks I'm sure most people won't be happy. If anything make achievements account wide and I probably won't be as bothered.

I'm glad this change is happening, don't get me wrong, I'm just hoping they implement it properly.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - November 16, 2014, 08:42:17.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797139  Replies : 281  Views : 7207
posté November 16, 2014, 01:57:06 | #3
I'm keen to see how this all pans out, but I don't see it going in the direction I'd like.

I'd like to something akin to:

• Have the option to move characters from one account to another (coding nightmare and won't happen). This is my ideal, I'd love to use this new feature but I don't feel Ankama will bother appeasing the majority.
  • If the above isn't the option make it so utilising multiple characters on one account cost MORE in total in terms of subscription compared to actually using the respective individual clients. This is the real kicker, I spent months leveling alts, gearing them and doing achievements, if I'm paying more for screen switching and running 4-6 account a map, I'm not going to be happy.
  • If none of the above actually happen, extremely reduced exp / drop for alts used on one account, perhaps worse as more alts are used (yes I'm that bitter).

That's pretty much it, I can see this screwing up royally but we'll see.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - November 16, 2014, 01:59:37.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797082  Replies : 281  Views : 7207
posté November 15, 2014, 03:50:36 | #4
I'm not even bothered.. Best not to get worked up until the class is actually released.

Thread : News  Preview message : #796758  Replies : 247  Views : 3569
posté November 15, 2014, 03:25:31 | #5
If this does occur I'd love for my six accounts to be fused into two accounts.

But lets be real here, that won't happen... Which sort of really sucks. I find it amusing this is happening at any rate, those who rock six accounts are going to be annoyed and those against multi-clienting are going to go crazy.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - November 15, 2014, 03:34:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796747  Replies : 281  Views : 7207
posté November 07, 2014, 23:09:19 | #6
All this merging nonsense is silly, it's impossible to merge Wakfu and Dofus..

I call Voyagers, much like everyone else.

Thread : News  Preview message : #794252  Replies : 346  Views : 5416
posté November 07, 2014, 11:08:37 | #7
Interesting changes for sure! A little disappointed about the lack of healing potential though, but eh!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #794041  Replies : 506  Views : 13732
posté October 26, 2014, 02:28:59 | #8

Quote (NoWittyExcuses @ 26 October 2014 02:36) *
Question, the Seal obtainable at 100 is only obtainable once? So if I want a Grou's Axe I would have to get to level 100 AoE Weapons on my own?

EDIT: Apologies for snatching thread topic, I just wanted to make sure.

Yep, you get one after doing a short quest once you hit level 100 in the appropriate profession. The seal isn't exchangeable and once you use it you have no way of getting it back (slightly annoying, I made a shovel back when they were cool for an Earth Enu and now I have regrets).

You can buy a weapon, but they're normally relatively expensive.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #790396  Replies : 6  Views : 221
posté October 25, 2014, 22:48:27 | #9
Pick me!

But seriously I'll contact you in game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #790339  Replies : 6  Views : 221
posté October 23, 2014, 10:44:19 | #10

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 23 October 2014 10:26) *

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 23 October 2014 10:05) *
If this hits Remington I'll unsub my 4 boosted accounts and go elsewhere. While my $24 a month might be insignificant.. the direction Wakfu is heading isn't one I particularly enjoy and I won't be sticking around.

I'm still pretty devastated the game went F2P despite promises that it wouldn't and adding P2W (granted 20% isn't much, but still) is just rubbing salt on the wound.

Alienating your remaining population isn't the wisest idea Ankama... But I'm hardly surprised.
Come play dathura we still have the old p2p system

I was always half tempted, the issue is starting over and progressing etc etc. I'm comfortable in Remington and odds are if this rental F2P nonsense hits most of the other servers Dathura will eventually follow as well :c.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - October 23, 2014, 10:45:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789586  Replies : 62  Views : 2188
posté October 23, 2014, 10:05:19 | #11
If this hits Remington I'll unsub my 4 boosted accounts and go elsewhere. While my $24 a month might be insignificant.. the direction Wakfu is heading isn't one I particularly enjoy and I won't be sticking around.

I'm still pretty devastated the game went F2P despite promises that it wouldn't and adding P2W (granted 20% isn't much, but still) is just rubbing salt on the wound.

Alienating your remaining population isn't the wisest idea Ankama... But I'm hardly surprised.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - October 23, 2014, 10:06:10.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789578  Replies : 62  Views : 2188
posté October 22, 2014, 23:04:15 | #12

Quote (MissUgly @ 22 October 2014 04:39) *
And what about everyone else who are too low lvl to enjoy this "awesome event"? Yay.... Again, nothing for lowbies. Thank you dear Ankama. And happy hunting to the rest of players.

What about the poor guy who plans on leveling professions all weekend? Or the individual who wants to PvP all weekend? Or the level 160 who is grinding higher level content for relics?

You'll manage.

Quote (lyricalglitchen @ 22 October 2014 22:47) *
The other xp events had a range of lvls to the dungeons that they gave bonus xp for. While any event is great i do find this discouraging / unfair to low and mid lvl players.

And, once again, it's unfair to the crafter, the PvP based individual, the high level endgame player, the alt who sits at the bank, that one crazy guy zaap sitting.

I suppose people love to complain.

Thread : News  Preview message : #789475  Replies : 25  Views : 1250
posté October 22, 2014, 04:21:26 | #13
Awesome, I plan on spamming wabbit dungeon this weekend for a set or 3, perfect timing!

Thread : News  Preview message : #789282  Replies : 25  Views : 1250
posté October 21, 2014, 14:10:27 | #14
I plan on doing achievements when my current characters are maxed, geared, fully runed and I have well alts on the way. That being said, I'm quite frustrated achievements aren't account wide though.. having to repeat the process on each new character is slightly masochistic.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - October 21, 2014, 14:11:21.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789149  Replies : 18  Views : 642
posté October 19, 2014, 12:45:04 | #15
I'm not going to lie.. I don't like the current concept, but we'll see!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788675  Replies : 256  Views : 13736
posté October 18, 2014, 01:29:21 | #16
My original forum account name back when I made this account in 2006 was runescapeforlife... a community manager changed for me but I would like to have the option to change it into something I'd like.

That being said I think there's an option under support somewhere for forum name issues, but I don't recall where.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - October 18, 2014, 01:29:36.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #788278  Replies : 5  Views : 212
posté October 09, 2014, 01:57:49 | #17
Are you an Enu by chance?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785932  Replies : 6  Views : 435
posté October 09, 2014, 01:50:16 | #18

Quote (jay001010 @ 08 October 2014 07:28) *
I ran it a couple times today. There is not as many glyphs as there was before and they all seem to spawn around the middle, it only takes a few people to get them.

Can you give me a rough number of glyphs? I don't really have any highly mobile classes so it could be painful (not that this stabilised nonsense isn't already painful enough).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785929  Replies : 19  Views : 1009