No flash

Revenant-Vers...'s profile
Statistics
31 Posts (0.06 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté September 03, 2014, 23:09:02 | #1

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 03 September 2014 03:05) *

Quote (Revenant-Verse @ 03 September 2014 02:30) *
I had made one too many classes in dofus and wakfu and been frustated by choosing an element that later forces me in a position where the element is no longer good or the spell is no longer as viable as other spells
Yep, and the thing I hate the most is when the only answer you get on the forums when you ask is ones that tell you "every class can be good, play what you want" or others trying to give you the false notation that all builds are equally as powerful when that is far from true.

Quote (Revenant-Verse @ 03 September 2014 02:30) I was considering Water Feca as I've seen one dominate pvp/pve in the mid-80s in the past, possibly around beta,
Fecas have been changed extremely drastically, from the open/closed compared to now. Currently the water branch is ussually only used for its glyphs and effects. This class has the specialty of being an absolute unbreakable wall with its shielding capabilities as earth making it the best tank in the game, but its damage is quite low. And sadly tanks in this game aren't needed, theres only less than a handful of end game dungeons that actually still require a tank. Hopefully they fix this in the future.
If you want to dominate in pvp, currently classes with either high burst damage or self revive are powerful. If you don't have either your not going to get really far in pvp sadly.

Quote (Revenant-Verse @ 03 September 2014 02:30) I'd like some thoughts on Air Cras as I remember then dominating PvP
Previously back in 2012 or so, air cras were pretty much the most popular class they were extremely over powered with the air branch, however they got nerfed pretty badly. They are still good for leveling, but their damage ratios per turn isn't amazing only average. Currently most people argue that cras are under powered and need a revamp.

Honestly if you like the cra playstyle and want to be an absolute beast in late game pvp and pve. Earth Rouges are what you want.
Thanks a bunch, I'm already seeing the potential of a late game air-dragon osa within the first few levels (I'm 16 already), the dragon form doesn't scale as much at first but it almost doubles my damage can't wait to max it for the additional ap, and its passives that increase crit damage up to 40% and active crit chance by 20% aren't something to mess with, if not possibly broken. As crits were abused in the past with Cras AoE, I'm surprised this was missed, hopefully it's not nerfed though and instead they focus on later buffing other classes. I personally think classes in general are nerfed too often and instead of nerfing they should just buff every class individually, but it appears to be too much effort, although usually when they nerf something they take the balance out of it in others areas and make the class less appealing and the game less enjoyable for those that invested into it.

Thread : General  Preview message : #769944  Replies : 35  Views : 1760
posté September 03, 2014, 02:34:20 | #2
I did like the old dofus animation but I feel like there are spells with worse animations (Iop's Air Flurry Spell) and more annoying sound affects (Sram's Air Fear Spell). It would be nice to see some variety in the kind of scream the Sram uses as it gets really repetitive especially with every other sound going on in the background/ As for the Iop's Flurry, I remember back in Dofus when every iop ability or at least almost every ability involved a sword in an animation, yet now all his abilities involve fists, I was hoping they would attach the flurry animation to the weapon you have equipped, but NOPE.

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #769543  Replies : 1  Views : 366
posté September 03, 2014, 02:30:17 | #3

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 02 September 2014 01:06) *
@Revenant-Verse There seems to be a great deal of mis information in this thread. People seem to be a bit too selfish to actually give you any real advice. it seems like white crow is only giving you the generic advice of " Most important thing - play what you'll enjoy. " . And it seems that the general census on the engish forums is not to give you the best build advice but to support any post that tells others to Play what they want to, because apparently theres NO build in the game that is under powered .... lmao

Since you are a player from dofus, you know as much as I do, in the fact that this is not true at all. I guess I keep it real and simple, others in this thread giving you completely false hope and mis information can really screw you up in a a few weeks when you actually realize that you are playing an under powered build example.. air eni. Not saying all the posts in here are misinformation

Air sac- Can work, but in all honesty, air sacs are pretty much non existant currently. Fire sac is a out right power slayer. Currently sac's air spells are only used for mobility so they can be kept at low levels and still be used if u are fire or earth.Theres not much of a point in air sacs atm, which is why no one is willing to play them. Generally sacs can only fill two roles, Huge single target damage or pure tank. Fire dominates the dmg build and earth dominates the pure tank, air is left in a awkward position offering nothing other than mobility.

Air osa doesn't summon. You need summoner control gear to be a summoner osa. An air osa = Air dragon. Meaning you summon ur gob gob out and sybyosia with him becoming a dragon and you use air spells to damage. This Build is weak until you get to around level 90s with oyster set.
I had made one too many classes in dofus and wakfu and been frustated by choosing an element that later forces me in a position where the element is no longer good or the spell is no longer as viable as other spells. I may consider Air Dragon that is probably my top choice after all this, but if not I may give another element a try I was considering Water Feca as I've seen one dominate pvp/pve in the mid-80s in the past, possibly around beta, but I'm not sure if they are consistent past that point, or I'd like some thoughts on Air Cras as I remember then dominating PvP and being extremely useful in PvE during beta as well, although all cras were appeared to be overpowered at that point and the class was overplayed so I couldn't tell if any other classes could match them especially outside of 1v1 combat. I've never seen two or more Cras lose to two or more of any other combination of classes especially if they had the starting initiative and the enemies were packed closely together or just zoned especially melee classes such as sacrier and iop before they could get in range to deal enough damage.

Thread : General  Preview message : #769542  Replies : 35  Views : 1760
posté September 01, 2014, 22:41:46 | #4
I have an air Sacrier that is currently level 102. and using a combination of Crobak and the Yecht set. It's build was pure air before the reset and I currently have no hybrid gear, but I wanted to find a build for it that didn't end up resorting to fire. So I chose to re-roll Air Iop and got a bit bored of it after a while unless multi-logged and played with my sacrier and iop at the same time, both of them being air and having push-back proc'ced Motion Sickness a lot more for extra damage. I was considering Air Sram but got annoyed by the first Air spell after using it multiple times (Had to turn off the sound). I was also considering Air Osa, but I'm worried about the mechanics and AI of the monsters you capture, do they really do retarded things often? And my third choice was Air Eni but they appear to be more of a supporting class, although I don't mind multi-logging I'd like to see them solo mediocre dungeons without taking too long.

Thread : General  Preview message : #768952  Replies : 35  Views : 1760
posté September 01, 2014, 05:42:36 | #5

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 30 August 2014 04:36) *
Best Mono element?
-GobGob osa ( your build will be mono but you will have 2 elements at your disposal )

Other runner ups are already mentioned in this thread.
-Earth Enu (very high single target dmg)
-Air dragon (again very high single target damage achivable)
-Water mask (again very high single target dmg achivable)
-Fire sac can also work well

BTW, why would you want to go mono element? I don't even see it being possible to stay mono element for something like DR hellzerker since all of your end game earth items for the build also come with equivallent water % or fire % dmg as well.
I don't really know I guess as a veteran of dofus I'm using to the traditional single element way of playing but I've always wanted to be the purest path of something and be best in than single path than be the best of both worlds. Also I find it easier as I have only pure air-sets up till level 100 I could sell or trade them for hybrid sets, but I'd rather not go through the trouble of looking for a fair trade.

Thread : General  Preview message : #768485  Replies : 35  Views : 1760
posté August 30, 2014, 00:01:01 | #6

Quote (WwhitecrowW @ 29 August 2014 22:14) *
Mono Water Masq is a pretty viable build. Though my masq is water/air right now, I regret hybridizing.

Deals insane burst damage
Deals insane burst heals
Backstabs - all day long
Fun mechanics
Some positioning options.

The only real cons are:

Highly Mp dependent
Highly Wp dependent
Awkward spell range synergy
Squishy
How's water doing in comparison to mono fire masq, I've heard fire was the best in other forums?

Quote (noknives @ 29 August 2014 21:17) *
mono air osa is better as hybrid
mono earth, however, is good, because gobgob
I've heard a lot about air osa being a good monotype, but the osamados's ai of the monsters you control is bugging me especially when I take late game into consideration.

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 29 August 2014 21:07) *
Earth enutrof (aka Drhellzerker) or pure air Dragon Osamodas are good as mono. Sorry no time for making any evidence.

It's ok you can make time later if you have, I was wondering about why not water or fire Enutrof's though. Although I can still see Water Enu's being useful but mainly in team fights for the prospecting (Unless things changed, I've been gone for a while).

Thread : General  Preview message : #767591  Replies : 35  Views : 1760
posté August 29, 2014, 21:08:32 | #7
It does seem like a possibility in the future, taking Dofus into consideration and its new release of spells as well as spells being switched out for balance.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #767547  Replies : 10  Views : 569
posté August 29, 2014, 21:03:48 | #8
Monotyping Elements: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. I was looking for a list of which classes would do well in either pvp or pve while sticking to a single element (ie mono-type class), but could not find one, if anyone knows where one is listed that would be a great help, if not, helping make one for new players or returning players (such as I), would come in handy when we re-roll but only have the gear in mind or gear in general for a single element.

My question for you guys is:
  • Which classes are great for mono-typing an element in either Air, Water, Fire or Earth?
  • And whether they are good in PVP/PVE
  • Why if possible or with some form of evidence to support the Mono-type Class.

Example: Air Sacier, PVP, [Picture], because they have nice abs and lots of crowd control.

I am looking to re-roll mainly an Air Mono-type, as I've only got gear for Air-based characters. However, I may consider another element depending on the class and type.

FOR THE RECORD: I understand that going hybrid (2 or more elements) is viable in many cases and possibly better than any mono-type especially in PVP or against UB or Late Game situations, but I'd like to know of successes that didn't choose the hybrid path.

This post has been edited by Revenant-Verse - August 29, 2014, 21:04:12.
Reason for edit : Missing Spaces
Thread : General  Preview message : #767542  Replies : 35  Views : 1760
posté August 29, 2014, 20:50:05 | #9
LOL I was just about to reroll osa, then I saw this, well shi---, choosing a new class is hard... when your choices are limited.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #767536  Replies : 15  Views : 1042
posté August 29, 2014, 02:37:51 | #10
And also if not sacriers what classes are exceptional and viable at mono-typing air, and whether or not they are viable for pve/pvp.

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #767268  Replies : 66  Views : 7229
posté August 28, 2014, 19:14:39 | #11
Hello, returning sacrier here is there any reason at all to go mono type or viable to stick with monotype in any situation.

~Kouhei~

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #767163  Replies : 66  Views : 7229
posté August 28, 2014, 19:05:39 | #12

Quote (xXx-sarah-xXx @ 16 January 2014 22:39) *

Quote (MereBytes @ 09 January 2014 17:29) *
I think a few more spells in each element tree would be great and more support spells.
Would love to see some difference in single elemental and multi elemental builds.
More spells to play with in each element would make that difference in builds, I think.

I totally agree with this, would make the game more interesting and diverse.

I would like to see something like this worked in too.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #767157  Replies : 10  Views : 569
posté June 27, 2014, 02:28:30 | #13
Haha yea relics are pretty sweet, its a back-breaker to get them though, should have "only for those that have wakfu as a profession in reality", in bold print.

However, I can see naming your summons being a problem or too much effort on part of the creators as they are busy doing other things, like recoloring mobs for events.

But naming summons means that they will have to set it with a filter for not only copy right infringement, but all the "bad words" in what was supposedly at first a pg-13 game, but is slowly moving in the direction of even younger audiences (which isn't surprising). Although I would like to see a Tofu named KFC.

Quote (Boorin @ 26 June 2014 04:36) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 26 June 2014 04:05) *
Love: Relics

Hate: Relic Fragments

Love: Summoning

Hate: Summoning Equipment, not being able to name Summons

Yea the forums are a bit buggy, the quote didn't work the first time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #749654  Replies : 8  Views : 553
posté June 27, 2014, 02:21:01 | #14
A sham indeed, why not just go F2P and focus on the cash shop? Its hard enough to increase the playerbase.

Thread : News  Preview message : #749649  Replies : 135  Views : 7431
posté June 26, 2014, 03:32:10 | #15

Quote (Neneko88 @ 25 June 2014 16:38) *
  • 2 years to revamp classes
  • 1+ years of no drop revamp
  • 2 hour dungeons (who has time to be in a dungeon for 2 hours?)
  • no meaning besides dropping equips (nations should have a meaning already)
I agree dungeon runs are extremely inconvenient compared to grinding mobs for 2 or 3 hours. Wakfu at first was going for a faster paced tactics games after Dofus, but from the looks of it, its just a prettier Dofus, much prettier Dofus, of course you can't compare the amount of content Dofus has to Wakfu, but Wakfu is a newer game so that's understandable. However, I believe other games are far better off appeasing their communities, where as Wakfu is hanging by the threads of a select few hardcore guilds/clans that have been dedicated since near beta and don't intend to leave anytime soon or really can't due to their specs or disinterest in games that aren't Tactics-MMOs, which is what is keeping me in Wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #749388  Replies : 8  Views : 553
posté June 25, 2014, 08:48:03 | #16
Wakfu: Balance between disappointing and keeping the community interested
The purpose of this forum is to find out what you and many others like and dislike about Wakfu without approaching direct assistance or answers from the Moderators/Admits/ETC of Wakfu. Hopefully we all come to a consensus or an agreement on certain things that will help improve Wakfu in certain aspects if enough people are bothered by it that a petition may be started

I like a lot about Wakfu such as its haven bags, costume inventory, its crafting-gathering system and the fact that its one of the few tactic mmos out there. But there are many things that have also been complained about in Wakfu from past experiences from the fact that ogrines expire to the endless grind of later seemingly useless items that drastically lose value. These things have made a lot of players quit Wakfu. Which not only harms the community and potentially makes it less enjoyable for the remaining players to lose more friends within the game they enjoy but also shuts-off a lot of potential income for the creators on Wakfu.

Let the complaints begin, but don't forget to write about stuff you would like to see in the future and stuff you would like removed or improved on in the future.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #749145  Replies : 8  Views : 553
posté November 29, 2013, 21:16:44 | #17
Write your reply hereBugs
Once again, this is a huge downside of the update. But I want to talk about it as I believe that regarding content addition, our new methods have proven efficient.

However, there are two points that couldn’t go unnoticed:

Al Howin
Updater

Al Howin… Too many issues with this one. We’re already taking steps to make sure that this doesn’t happen again. In the name of the team I sincerely apologize and a compensation has already been sent to all those that connected during the event.

What compensation? A pat on the back, because it doesn't appear like many people received theirs.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #643755  Replies : 36  Views : 3266
posté November 29, 2013, 10:02:34 | #18

Quote (Karakedi @ 17 November 2013 04:32) *

Quote (Asthis @ 17 November 2013 04:26) *
Can't get jacko costume after killing over 700 gobballs, and I did keep track. I don't know if shared kills count for that. Can't get wizard costume on a couple chars because evil fish cakes and lollipops are over 3 and won't check off.

I give up. No amount of hot fixes will fix this event. It needs to be trashed and recoded from bottom up or give us compensation.

They should give us compensation. All the Costumes available, all almokens, all decoration items and all the titles. That is the least they can do..

And it seems like I am the only one but....

What is the 4th Costume??

I am sick and tired to ask this so many times, but it seems that you guys forgot that Ankama literally said that there would be a 4th costume available for us IN-GAME!!

Ankama answer this question already??!!
The newest update says we will all receive some sort of compensation, me and my friends have yet to receive one... they could at least be honest.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #643461  Replies : 20  Views : 1020
posté November 19, 2013, 22:01:38 | #19
Al Howin Achievement = 0 Reward I completed Howin Heaven's Name...? and The Unhuntable Monster Hunter Quest at the same time.

Character name: Kouhei
Ankama display name: Revenant-Verse

Date and time: 11/19/13, 3:30 pm
Map: Astrub

Bug description: I finally killed the last ghoul meeting the requirements for the Unhuntable Monster Hunter Achievement for a total of 666 ghouls. After completing the first achievement Howin Heaven's Name...? was completed at the exact same time as Unhuntable Monster Hunter was the last part to it. The second achievement somehow did not active because one was already in its place and I received no rewards from it.

I did not have enough space in my inventory so instead of putting it in a temporary box like it usually does when my inventory is full, the second achievement, WITHOUT MY CONSENT, deleted all the items?!?!

No blibliobranch
No Occult Candelabra
I recieved Al Howin Prince
No 5 almoken

I did recieve all the items from the Unhuntable Monster Hunter Quest.

Reproducibility: I'm not going to kill 666 ghouls again, no thanks .

Some Pictures:

Me completing the achievement but receiving nothing

The only thing I received from the second achievement:

Edit: Awaiting a response, any feedback is helpful I'm not exactly sure what happened but I didn't receive any of the items I was supposed to receive.

This post has been edited by Revenant-Verse - November 20, 2013, 06:30:09.
Reason for edit : Pictures added.
Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #637597  Replies : 2  Views : 329
posté November 19, 2013, 06:30:32 | #20
I wish I could see the number or amount of ghouls I killed because it feels like I've killed over 1000 yet to no avail

Character name: Kouhei

Date and time: Whole duration of Al Howin Event
Map: Astrub

Bug description: No count, no achievement and possibly completed yet incomplete

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #637205  Replies : 16  Views : 881