Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

VoidSettler's profile
Statistics
260 Posts (0.22 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 20:21:18 | #1

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 29 May 2015 20:15) *

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 29 May 2015 16:58) *
Srams got a change to how shadow trap works
Now you cast it on yourself and it unlocks a new subset of spells.

Maybe something like this could be applied to sadidas?
Cast it on yourself (at no cost) and you unlock the spells "summoning of 'the block'. x ap. x - y range" etc etc.
It seems like it would work better than having to refund the different costs of elemental spells.
I didn't even know they could (technically) do such thing! It sound amazing.
It would definetly be awsome if sadida could summon dolls this way. Also because now in beta we are FORCED to make earth dmg dealing ultrapowerful doll EVEN IF we are not using earth element. This is why i dislike summoning via ultrapowerful doll. And we still doesn't have "Ranged dmg dealing doll with run away ai".

Quote (VoidSettler @ 29 May 2015 20:15) *

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 29 May 2015 16:45) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 29 May 2015 16:37) *
on live they are more OP because the dolls are not all summoned and controlled by one doll. which the sadida must protect if they are going to use dolls.
Indeed. If 1 ultrapowerful doll can summon 4 dolls and we loose that 1 ultrapowerful doll, then we suddenly loosing all 5 dolls. Not cool. I am having serious doubts about this new summoning system.

I have a feeling Osa's will get a similar system keeping their Gobgob out as controller-host.
This could actually work well for osamodas indeed, especially that their gobgob doesn't die but redirect dmg to osamodas. It would work very well for osa. It doesn't work for sadida.

That gives me creepy design ideas like combining the old Voodoll mechanics with the new 'host', as a mean way to prevent it from dieing as easilly - redirecting damage to an enemy.  

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867997  Replies : 129  Views : 2110
posté Today - 20:15:27 | #2

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 29 May 2015 16:45) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 29 May 2015 16:37) *
on live they are more OP because the dolls are not all summoned and controlled by one doll. which the sadida must protect if they are going to use dolls.
Indeed. If 1 ultrapowerful doll can summon 4 dolls and we loose that 1 ultrapowerful doll, then we suddenly loosing all 5 dolls. Not cool. I am having serious doubts about this new summoning system.

I have a feeling Osa's will get a similar system keeping their Gobgob out as controller-host.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867992  Replies : 129  Views : 2110
posté Today - 19:31:59 | #3

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 29 May 2015 18:14) *
Observations:

watching a mob drop two pouches is really fun. not being able to get those pouches isn't. the drheller is to clumsy a solution, in my opinion.

How do you go about having a mob drop two pouches anyway? Been trying God Enutrof's Promise and Greed.

Oh nevermind, duh, its level two stage  

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - May 29, 2015, 19:32:50.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867968  Replies : 97  Views : 1990
posté Today - 19:12:26 | #4
Dear god the ability to throw an iron mine out of nothingness (for 1 MP) with Mine Mover is absolutely delicious.
In a way you can even kind of circumvent most of the Meteor limitations with this - well, not in every situation of course, but still.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867955  Replies : 97  Views : 1990
posté Today - 18:39:35 | #5

Quote (Rolna @ 29 May 2015 18:32) *

Quote (spacecooky @ 29 May 2015 15:08) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 29 May 2015 15:05) *

Quote (Lukinerx @ 29 May 2015 14:53) *
so I see that there will no new classes added to spell deck system this week on beta

that is pretty disappointing. How they want to release that in June with 10 classes more to test when May is almost over?

the friday update hasn't flowed yet.
Update news are published piece by piece at the french forum.
We'll get all classes but Ecaflip, Feca and Sacrieur this update
Suddenly seeing the spell deck arrive this month seems a lot more likely. This week we'll have most classes, next week we'll have all classes, leaving another week or two for testing and then release.
Unfortunately Space misunderstood the French post. We only get the Panda as an additional class to test for this week's update. Next week Eca/Feca/Sac. As per usual, this means they're behind their ideal schedule, which is more Wakfu's style.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - May 29, 2015, 18:40:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867930  Replies : 429  Views : 3125
posté May 26, 2015, 19:25:34 | #6
Honoustly, somewhat drooling over the thought of a Masqueraider not needing MP for spells. If any class had it bad with MP costs..

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866808  Replies : 35  Views : 913
posté May 26, 2015, 08:43:14 | #7

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 26 May 2015 02:50) *
fusion: mobs are notoriously full of non-adjustable spells. Is this mainly meant to be a pvp mechanic? will mob spells be range adjustable to make blind mechanics more interesting?

Enutrof even has TWO blindness spells. Blindness still being a crap-tier mechanic (Least in PvE).
Humble request to make blindness have a non-stackable mechanic, like a critical failure chance on any ranged attack.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #866620  Replies : 97  Views : 1990
posté May 26, 2015, 02:07:42 | #8
Wonderful changes!

Wish this would still include Hot Magma going back to the old targetting though. I'm actually curious why this was changed?
It made the spell feel unique.

And Earth could still use a bit more love. But I guess this is not the 'full Enutrof' revamp yet eh.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #866531  Replies : 97  Views : 1990
posté May 25, 2015, 01:39:27 | #9

Quote (lyricalglitchen @ 25 May 2015 01:29) *
It needs adjusting, but what is worrying me the most is the restrictions on active spell slots. Many classes have at least 2 mandatory actives, often its more, the point was i can see limiting access to the # of elemental spells or even passives until whatever lvl, but actives are basic and critical, without them some classes have a hard time even functioning.

Exactly - I often invite new players in to experience the game, and one of the most important factors for them to find enjoyment in it, is by feeling connected/immersed in their class. You let them 'do their Astrub thing', which usually takes them a lot longer than when any experienced player rolls themselves up a newbie of course.

During this period in Astrub they unlock their elemental skills and experiment with their utilities unlocking. Even without having most of the spells and utilities leveled yet, a new player doesn't usually realize how sub-optimal their combat choices are yet, they merely want to see what the class can do and will bond with their talents (or not).

I've had people roll up multiple characters, play for a few hours before rolling up another character again - That first impression is really important, and often lead to a player sticking for the long run.

With the new system however, new players will be forced to play a character with complete inability to 'play and experience the class they want it to be played' - They have to base a first impression on the first 1-2 elemental spells of each element, and one forced Utility spell.
This whole 'Unlocking Core Functionality' is a horrible concept - Players will end up abandoning interest long before they get high enough level to know how a class truly comes together.

Similarly, it's equally dreadful for any established player rolling themselves up an alt - I can't imagine any high level player wanting to re-experience low level content with just a handful of uninteresting choices.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - May 27, 2015, 10:33:34.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #866009  Replies : 156  Views : 1722
posté May 24, 2015, 16:39:40 | #10
Quick addition on my end too:

While we are at it, please fix the problem where LARGE mobs (Those bigger than one square) do not drop a bag.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #865836  Replies : 97  Views : 1990
posté May 24, 2015, 16:15:20 | #11
Oh obviously, no contender here:

It's hip to be Square! 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #865832  Replies : 67  Views : 1961
posté May 24, 2015, 16:02:34 | #12
Another addition to how horrible the low-level unlocking is:

I really hope they realize that some classes previously needed at least 2 active utilities in order to have their mechanics function.
If classes like the Pandawa will still have the barrel and the Karchamrak split up, it'll mean that until level 20 or so, a new character will either be able to place a barrel and never pick it up/throw it.. or throw stuff around, but never use a barrel.

Both were utilities that were 'ok' to use even unspecialized before. It's kind of insane to expect someone to have a good first impression on the class without having both enabled from the get-go.

Another horrible example would be the Osamodas.Gobgob and Gobup are litterally both needed in order to capture/summon.
What do you want a new Osa character to experience?

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #865826  Replies : 156  Views : 1722
posté May 24, 2015, 13:48:42 | #13
Ignoring detailed discussion about the problems I had read about that will be looked into, like the lack of PP gained from hitting on mines, Treasure Tracker giving resistance instead of damage and the Dhreller not being able to pick up bags.

FUSION & DEADLY NIGHTSPADE:
Does anyone seriously even care about Blindness? - It's one of the most overrated abilities ever imho. (Hard to stack, hardly does anything in PvE unless theoretically stacked into neigh infinity - least MP draining is done by a lot of secondary sources)
Please just change the blindness mechanic alltogether to something that actually makes sense in PvE, like a critical failure chance on any ability that would benefit from Distance damage when used.

HOT MAGMA:
NO PLEASE NO - Change its placement back to not use the center square for targetting. Not only did this feel unique (Seriously how many typical cross spells does the Enutrof need anyway?), it was also there to ensure all squares could actually HIT something (given the spell's linear nature).

SHOVEL KISS:
Really miss the mechanic that would allow me to buff my allies' MP with this. In fact, Earth feels very one-dimensional right now overall.

PHONE A FREND:
Why make it cost 2 AP? It was perfectly fine costing a Wakfu imho.

=============

OVERALL:
I'm happy with the love that water gained from this. Water Enutrofs always felt very uninteractive and way too simple. I don't even mind going back to the days where we can't use Mine Mover to pick up bags anymore - In fact, one can now build to keep bags in place for benefits.

Fire overall feels fine, with the exception to some micro-changes that actually cause a lot of difference for me. Hot Magma's placement being the worst.

Earth on the other hand became really uninteresting to me. I was expecting to see 'more' on Earth's spells, not 'even less'.
Whether or not Dhrellzerker and Mass Clumsiness (great spell btw!) make said experience better is not relevant. Fact remains that Earth feels really devoid of interesting design.

The actives and passives will need to be played with a bit more, as lot of them make or break a build. Mass Clumsiness feels like a very welcome and interesting concept though.

Passive wise, I do feel there might need to be some more stuff in there complimenting the Enutrof's fire department.

Also: A lot more mechanics not being based on percentual chance is GREAT. I know exactly when I will bag or not bag enemies now, and my Dhreller has become a mine-digging machine.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - May 24, 2015, 13:54:22.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #865789  Replies : 97  Views : 1990
posté May 23, 2015, 22:38:01 | #14

Quote (Neneko88 @ 23 May 2015 22:06) *
You can't spell deck to have utility spells slots
It means that we go from a revamp like iop where every spell is useful

To future revamps having bad spells because they're designed to be heavy utlity

No thank you

Nono, I think you misunderstand - least if you are commenting about my reply.

My 'utility slots' would merely be slots that would allow anything to go in them, whereas the elemental slots would not allow you to put in active utility skills, (like Doll, Tree, Sic'm More etc).

You'd start with 6 slots in which you can distribute element spells, 2 slots in which you can distribute element spells OR utilities. And through leveling you'll unlock more of those hybrid slots, 12 maximum in the end.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #865568  Replies : 156  Views : 1722
posté May 23, 2015, 21:38:52 | #15
I'd like to bring up a few points about this system in hope that they might improve my experience with it, which in its current state is still leaning heavilly to the negative - However, without just bashing it into the ground completely in this reply, I'll add my remarks in hopes to make the system tolerable/enjoyable to my liking.

1) THE BAD: Scaled unlocking of spellslots and spells.

I would believe this concept was introduced to follow the traditional concept of rewarding progression, typical in RPGs. Wakfu however is a game where synnergy and tactics provide the uppertone for an enjoyable combat experience. There are enough enjoyable experiences that would motivate players enough already in leveling up their character more and more.

In fact, I'd guess that boredom in Wakfu is usually found either in the beginning (People not enjoying the game after their first impression) or the end (People reaching its current end-level)

Denying starting characters wiggle room in both spell selection and available slots makes the starting experience incredibly restrictive and dull, as there is not enough room for both utility and synnergy amongst spells.

FIRST IMPRESSION is an incredibly important factor for 'the new guy' to find enjoyment in this game. I'm not entirely sure whom you are going to entice in playing this game when you force one-trick-pony preset characters down their throat.

1) THE (possible) SOLUTIONS:

Characters should have immediate or almost immediate access to all spells from the get-go. The old system would let you unlock your element spells by simply leveling them up, whereas all actives would be available at level 10.
It was mostly ok, but very unintiutive design: I often had to explain my friends how to go about unlocking the stuff they wanted to have or play with - Thankfully it did not take a lot of work.

PLAYERS WOULD USUALLY GET A GOOD FEEL OF WHAT THEIR CHARACTER REPRESENTED IN ASTRUB!

Even if most actives and passives were still underwhelming, simply letting people experience it a bit in the beginning gave them a good idea if they wanted to keep playing the character. The next step was always, 'making sure to make said options useful/practical'. The current restrictive nature is showing a new player absolutely nothing that a new player would be interested in to know and experience.

Second, give them WAY more slots. Even by allowing a new character to actually make choices, 4 slots is just way too small.

I would personally make the whole deck system so that characters will always have 6 'ELEMENTAL SPELL' slots unlocked at all times. There will also be 6 'UTILITY' slots. These will unlock at lvl 1, 1, 40, 80, 120 and 160, and will allow placement of both element spells as well as active utility spells in them.

Players will start with 6 normal slots and 2 utility slots at level 1 (So 8 slots total), and as they progress more utility slots will be added to allow for more options. This system will also restrict players from stacking too many Active Utility Spells.

=====================================

2) THE PROBLEMATIC: The '12 spells total Cap!

Even after having adresses the horrible unlock problems described in my first point, the 'wishful' 12 slots total, as drooled over by many, still feels insignificant to a great number of players.
There are players whom enjoyed a jack-of-all-trades playstyle with their class, sometimes ending up enjoying a playstyle in which they used more than 12 spells - Even if not always during the same fight, they were still there to be useful for when certain situations would come up that one could not forsee ahead of time.

However, on the other side of the coin we have the problem that the current system, allowing us to 'actually be really good' at the 12 things we do, would loose much of its intent by simply upping the amount. At the end of the day, you'd have characters capable of doing everything the class can do, at any given time.

2) THE (possible) SOLUTION:

Since opinions of at least the players seem divided about this, why not build in a way so players can choose how they want to play? More specifically, I was thinking about adding say a new MAJOR TRAIT that would give players two more elemental slots. Or perhaps another one that would give one additional utility slot.
Players would have to sacrifice options such as +1 AP/MP/WP and whatnot for it, but in return it would allow them to be more versatile/adaptive.

3) THE BAD: Challenges

Challenges were introduced wayback to reward us for adaptive/restrictive gameplay. By forcing a team with certain restrictions, combat would become harder, but obviously provide us with additional XP/Prospecting when managing to complete them.
As our options are now already limited through this new system, the Challenge system feels out of place when it 'surprises' us with challenges we are litterally not equipped to deal with anymore.

3) THE (possible) SOLUTION:

Simply allow people to see the challenges during setup, before the first round starts! This will actually go well hand in hand with the new system, as it will give more incentive to swap decks around to try and specialize oneself to deal with the challenge.

That's my ramble for now. Off to test the beta classes some more individually.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #865542  Replies : 156  Views : 1722
posté May 23, 2015, 05:04:11 | #16

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 23 May 2015 04:44) *
trying to see when spells become unlocked, and it seems to me the lowest levels are incredibly restrictive.

i got my first second tier spell (in earth) when the first spell hit 5, or at level 5, but then when i got my water and air spells to 5 they didnt unlock the second spell. then at level 9 it unlocked a teir 3 spell, but in water. (tier 2 still not unlocked)

Don't we want people new to the game to have easier access to what spells they want to choose?

Yeah I noticed this too. Until level 15 or so you are running around with a choice between your first two element's spells, the first active utility skill, and 2 passives or so (least on the Sadida).

You're playing a dull preset character where choice is practically nonexistant, that ON TOP of only having 4 active skillslots.

It's literally more fun playing a sidekick.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #865237  Replies : 156  Views : 1722
posté May 23, 2015, 04:13:30 | #17

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 23 May 2015 03:38) *
4 slots at lvl 0, 8 slots at lvl 100. that does limit freedom, i must agree. but that is 4 slots you can use during same time, you can have many different setups and learn how to play them properly, especially since every 20 lvls you unlock a new slot... most new players use few spells anyway, now they will not be able to keep all of them in their action bar but will have to choose which ones they will use for this fight specifically.

Might I add to this that they don't even allow you all your choices yet? The actual spells seem to be hardlocked until you reach certain levels as well. (Can't seem to unlock them as easilly as normal, by simply having spells around lvl 2/3 etc)

I just hit lvl 15 and have 2 spells of each element, two actives, and two passives to choose from.

I have never in my life had a more boring starting zone experience in my life. Even the tutorial class feels more tactical with a smaller toolkit.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #865222  Replies : 570  Views : 9886
posté May 23, 2015, 02:41:18 | #18

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 23 May 2015 02:34) *
at lvl 40 you already have 6 slots , that isnt so bad. but yeah that makes complex low lvl pvp kinda neglected, but at least it makes people want to lvl up not have their main at lvl 60 doing same things as lvl 175 just with less ap and less dmg.

People have never 'not' wanted to level up. There has always been enough incentive for people to keep leveling up, and there are a pletora of ways to do add more incentives without choking the living hell out of any form of creative depth in freedom.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #865184  Replies : 570  Views : 9886
posté May 23, 2015, 02:09:05 | #19
4 active slots on a new character? Haha... wow. Seriously?!

Who wouldn't want to just outright skip/powerlevel through all early content as fast as possible now?

Apparently one is not allowed to have fun with such intricasies as mechanics, synnergy and overal worth at lower levels.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #865168  Replies : 570  Views : 9886
posté May 21, 2015, 15:38:52 | #20
Worse than my lowest expectation. You officially killed the game for me, good job, and good bye.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #864047  Replies : 570  Views : 9886