Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

VoidSettler's profile
Statistics
187 Posts (0.2 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté September 09, 2014, 12:30:11 | #1
There's so much to like really - But I will highlight one thing in specific:

The way you guys are actually handling this new content update!

Sure, the actual content is great, but having the team work much closer, and way more transparent on all the changes occurring has been one of the main reasons why, imho, so much of the new content is superb. I see this as a really big and important step for Wakfu in terms of stitching the constant problem in direction of the game.

- The con:

Mostly the small oversights that are caused by drastic changes like these, like the somewhat 'vague' and quick update on the Sidekicks with the new ability system put in place, and the fact that items can not be boxed anymore (My inventories will be hell now).

As for the rest, I'll need to witness - One possible fear is the new PvP system having unfortunate consequences to those that have no interest in it.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #772268  Replies : 769  Views : 5295
posté September 08, 2014, 19:15:14 | #2
What about the items worn by your sidekicks? The test server does not allow to bring one in to test this.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771857  Replies : 5  Views : 342
posté September 04, 2014, 15:39:19 | #3
Hello there! Two questions I´d like to ask, apologies if they had been answered before:

1) Are 'all' set bonuses going to disappear? (I'd assume as much, but just making sure). I still noticed a lot of them lingering on the beta server despite the information that they were removed.

2) With the new ability system, what will happen to Sidekicks in terms of internal balance? (As they were balanced around the old ability system)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770243  Replies : 642  Views : 15161
posté September 04, 2014, 11:20:29 | #4

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 04 September 2014 10:58) *
Considering these changes, how will Tetatoxin work with them? If the poisoned enemy move to 2 or 1 cell range close to me in single movement, he will suffer dmg boosted by close combat and not distance, even if i poisoned him from 3+ range?

I hope that it will just look at the distance between the enemy and player any time damage procs, in all situations. It'd be the most consistent and easiest for figure out without a lot of exceptional behaviours.

I'm quite happy they went for this change though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770183  Replies : 32  Views : 1109
posté September 02, 2014, 13:33:13 | #5
Why not just make it 30 seconds in PvP, 45 to 60 seconds in PvM? (Any increase would be nice really).

Least, I personally don't see a problem in having the timer increased for as long as it does not influence a PvP battle.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #769282  Replies : 46  Views : 1433
posté September 01, 2014, 16:31:49 | #6

Quote (XsamsaralotusX @ 01 September 2014 16:15) *
So if you can't say something useful then don't say it.

This thread should not have existed in the first place, you're absolutely right!

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - September 01, 2014, 16:32:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768638  Replies : 31  Views : 752
posté September 01, 2014, 16:29:30 | #7
Droprate on Wakfu keys is unfortunately low, tried to bag several but I keep getting Sorry drops instead.

Can't help I'm afraid  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768637  Replies : 3  Views : 178
posté September 01, 2014, 11:32:25 | #8

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 01 September 2014 11:24) *

Quote (ALastLegen @ 01 September 2014 08:56) *
roublard should have 3 types of bomb not just fire but dont make it like sram traps T.T maybe agi bombs making a gliph with less dmg but a small chance of take pm ?

on dofus roub are a really dificult class to play and extremely tactical i miss this on wakfu almost all class are No brain playstyle
Before the official release the Rogue had water,air and fire branches and each of them had 2 bombs: one with smaller aoe, other with bigger. Air bombs were pushing enemies away upon triggering, water ones were reducing resist. There was also Powder mechanic wich increased the dmg from bombs and the bombs were leaving powder when they exploded (permanent powder on cells) Though there was no firewall mechanic i must say i liked that rogue more then the current one, as it was more tactical, less about burst of dmg.
They could likely follow a similar route with bombs like they did with the Sram - Cast a normally ranged elemental spell on yourself to set a bomb-type to your wishes, then use an activated ability to place them.

This way they can add a bigger diversity of bombs/shapes among all elements without it drawing away from the other specializations of the Rogue (pistols/gadgets)

In fact, a lot of classes could benefit from such micromode mechanics. (Cra with beacons, Sadida with dolls (Effectively having one standard range/cost for all dolls this way) and even The Ecaflip could be redesigned to let spells include randomization/chance by targetting yourself with spells first.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - September 01, 2014, 11:42:27.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768545  Replies : 79  Views : 2405
posté August 29, 2014, 12:59:20 | #9

Quote (FajneCycki @ 29 August 2014 12:44) *
Hello! You probably observed changes from some previous update - no update took place today. The list from the first post is currently up-to-date (version 1.36.114104).
Although there's an update scheduled for today. I'll watch out for it

Ahh no I just assumed the update had taken place already. As I'm currently at work, I had no way to properly check the beta server yet. Looking forward to it though!

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - August 29, 2014, 13:07:36.
Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #767371  Replies : 561  Views : 28260
posté August 29, 2014, 11:21:00 | #10

Quote (FajneCycki @ 20 June 2014 23:16) *
The purpose of this thread is to share all the information and feedback as soon as new content makes it to the Wakfu Beta.

All items listed

Hello there Fajne! - Looking forward to an updated beta item list.(Lots of 20-80 items changed today)

Thank you in advance!  

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #767358  Replies : 561  Views : 28260
posté August 29, 2014, 10:24:31 | #11

Quote (Brokonaut @ 29 August 2014 03:43) *
Keep up the great feedback everyone!

In the beginning, we saw only one class able to truly be able to take advantage of multi-element builds: the Xelor. Hybrid builds were basically unheard of at the time otherwise. Now with more recent updates being rolled out, you find more interesting gameplay mechanics that encourage the player to weave from one element to the next as seen in the Feca and Sram revamps. And then within each branch there lies additional unique isolated mechanics that also make mono-elemental builds still interesting enough to explore.

The desire is to offer the same flexibility to all classes as your design team fleshes out each attributes that make all your favorite classes unique. For example after discussing some potential new Iop mechanics, I assure you there will be a lot more tactical thinking beyond just Jabs/Iop's Wrath spam, while still maintaining the Iop's close-combat brawler archetype.

The new Sram may feel a little overpowered in September. The goal will be to make every class just as interesting to bring unique advantages to your team compositions.

• Mango

Thank you for the information, and for keeping an eye on this thread Mango!

I'm not certain how much you are able to influence the actual outcome of the upcoming class revamps, but either way it'd be interesting to hear what your global thoughts are on the classes as they are - or at least, their glaring problems (What can we kind of expect to see fixed/changed in general). That is, assuming you would be allowed to even bring it up and feel like doing so of course.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767352  Replies : 79  Views : 2405
posté August 28, 2014, 11:17:01 | #12

Quote (Pimento2 @ 27 August 2014 05:33) *
Enutrof - I actually disagree that drhellzerker is too mono element focused, the ability to go in and out of the form every turn unlike with Osamodas and dragon form makes this not really an issue if you can plan ahead, especially because the transformation doesn't take any AP or MP. Being able to transform from a drheller already out on the field is always nice as well. I think Enutrof gameplay is pretty well polished actually, just the obvious problem spells need to be changed (cutting, mass clumsiness, etc.)

Its definitely the most forgiving of all the 'mode' centered abilities found among all the classes (Osamodas everything/Pandawa Earth etc)
Still I personally believe the whole mode concept (aside from perhaps the Masqueraider given its theme) is too restrictive. Wouldn't it be more interesting that turning into a Dhrellzerker itself would offer a playstyle that more actively incorporates synergy between fire and water as well?

Quote (Pimento2 @ 27 August 2014 05:33) *

Iop - I think the fact that there exist "simple" classes like Cra, Iop, Eniripsa (water) and Sacrier is a good thing for class variety; not every class's spell effects need to be as convoluted as Feca's (By "simple" I'm mostly referring to skill floor, or the minimum skill required to play the class decently effectively). Simplicity is enjoyable to play at times and the classes' existence can help ease new players into the game given how quickly new spells are unlocked in this game. As with Enutrof, I feel like Iop will be fine after taking care of obvious problem spells such as flatten, flurry, etc.

Sacrier - The specialties are great in my opinion; as much more fun and interesting transposition would be if it didn't have the los requirement, I can see the balance reason for that. Sacrifice or life transfer could probably be replaced by a new spell. Air and fire spells are completely fine in my opinion, and in regard to earth lacking depth, refer to my comments on Iop.

Eniripsa - I actually disagree on the water part and feel that water is fine. The glaring issue with this class is the ranges on the air and fire spells. It feels like whoever revamped Eniripsa was trying too hard to make the spells different from each other, but it just makes the spells extremely hard to use together. The class is pretty fun to play in general, but it does get annoying at times being the most immobile class (only class unable to move itself without using MP I think), though I suppose it's just in the nature of playing the class. If the designers properly match up the air and fire spell ranges better, Eniripsa seems fine to me.

I'll admit that I've always be a front-line warrior screaming for more depth when it comes down to simple classes. I guess from a personal perspective I'd much rather have the choice to play a class the way I want to (simple or complex) as opposed to having said choice being tossed into my face. A same concept they followed designing the just-released Dungeons & Dragons Next (5th Edition).
For instance, The way I play a Masqueraider differs greatly from the way my friend plays one; I keep switching masques constantly to utilize opportunity, whereas he mostly sticks around with a pure Water build. His water is obviously beefier statistically, yet I make use of about 3x the total skill selection he does. Both playstyles seem to work practically though!

With that said, what bugs me with some classes/certain element trees found among the likes of the Eni/Iop/Sacrier/Cra/etc is their overal monotone design, and therefor automatically causing very straightforward gameplay (Strictly speaking about elemental skills, not utilities). This is obviously a Tactical Turn Based game, so I would like to make more conscious choices between my total skill selection instead of using a small and repeating cycle of spells found in just one element.

The problem in my wishful thinking is obviously that people indeed don't seem to mind having a class function this straightforward, especially when 'it gets the job done fine right now'.
Would it really hurt though if you could, say, let Eniripsa's water spells remove marks placed on enemies (Under Unnatural Remedies) to provide some temporary buff on players in an area around the monster? (Based on the water spell used)
It'd give water spells additional depth as well as offer fire a more involved mechanic beyond it being a once-per-monster thing. Similarly, there should not be a reason to nerf Water's statistics in any way like this.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - August 28, 2014, 15:04:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767054  Replies : 79  Views : 2405
posté August 26, 2014, 15:21:27 | #13

Quote (Neneko88 @ 26 August 2014 15:16) *
Wishing for earth rogue to have more spells than piercing shot

Did forget about that indeed - I think that its a general problem with a couple of classes where they just have a bundle of 'different costing/shaped' damage spells. What usually happens is that people will just pick whatever they consider best and drop out on the rest. Building yourself to ensure you make the best use out of that one skill you picked almost all the time is a lot more practical than leveling up a wad of additional damage spells for those rare 'if' situations.

Adding more secondary effects/utility to otherwise bland spells will fix such situations, more or less.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - August 26, 2014, 15:23:57.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766535  Replies : 79  Views : 2405
posté August 26, 2014, 15:00:40 | #14
Working on the format right now - I keep writing things on notepad to ensure everything doesn't get lost. And then I forget the format problems - Will be fixed soon!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766529  Replies : 79  Views : 2405
posté August 26, 2014, 14:49:44 | #15
Collective thread about the direction of classes Hello everyone!

Since news has been spread out all over the place recently, I will compile a somewhat organised list of all the requested and confirmed changes to Wakfu's classes. My hope is that this might serve as a way for any Dev (or Mango! ;D) to spoul us with some more information about the general direction they would like the classes to head into!

P.S. - Please feel free to link me to more missing information, as well as to provide me with insight about the general opinion on classes in their current state. Despite that this is a collective bundle of information, a lot of what I have written here is based on the personal opinion of the playerbase and as such your own opinion might vastly differ of course - Please keep that in mind.

[ENUTROF]
Reflections from the playerbase:
- More engaging/mechanical water mechanic. Some water based spells/utilities horrible or theme-defeating.
- Earth mechanic (Dhrellzerking) too mono element focussed.
- Mass Clumsiness generally seen as a controversial utility - strong love/hate in general.
- Often up for debate is the Enutrof's general role feeling like a dependancy given the current 'low droprate'. A general increase in droprate for everyone is a considered must, yet players don't want to have the Enutrof end up becoming redundant and 'purposeless'. There have been requests for alternative water based mechanics as a replacement as well as the general idea that the Enutrof could start providing drops/prospecting for an entire group.
Confirmed:
- September update bringing some changes: Click here
- Enutrof revamp considered a complicated and intricate process given their unique and central position given their focus on prospecting. More information here: Click here

[SRAM]
- New Sram on Betagrid, discussions here: Click here
Confirmed:
- September update bringing complete revamp Sram, more info: Click here

[PANDAWA]
- Class could definitly benefit from removed friendly fire, especially for water. - this in result can lead to deeper involved mechanics as a support character.
- Earth mechanic too mono element focussed.
Confirmed:
- Old draft from Grou had been floating around. His idea incorporated water being more supportive (no friendly fire), fire incorporating a mechanic to apply critical miss on enemies (?) and earth being more 'tankish'. (Resources are old, vague and likely French. If anyone can find the links that would be awesome!)
- Recurring reassurance that the Pandawa is 'next' (After September update) to get their revamp as well, more info: Click here

[OSAMODAS]
- Overal problem with the Osamodas' playstyle being mechanically restrictive to practical usage of dual/tripple element builds.
- A constant demand for more fun/better pets that do more 'interesting' things instead of 'just damage'.
- A way to make lower level pets more beneficial, possibility to have them scale along. A new mechanic to boost pets with spells might aid with this concept.
Confirmed:
- (I swear I read this somewhere, but cannot relocate the source - Osamodas revamp 'soon', but not 'next'. General idea is to make the class more engaging and interesting, with a reflection on its lack of versality in elements and utility.)

[IOP]
- More gameplay depth/mechanic to the class. Current skill selection filled with lack of tactical options.
Confirmed:
- September update bringing some changes:
- Iop revamp 'soon', but not 'next'. General idea is to make the class more engaging and interesting. Diversity and fun instead of linear gameplay and lack of elemental synnergy promised. Sources:
Click here
Click here
Click here
- (Also read that the Iop would make use of 'new options/mechanics now available', cannot relocate the source however)

[SADIDA]
- Upcoming September changes making the Sadida players happier until their official re-revamp comes up. Current debates best followed here: Click here
Confirmed:
- Possible changes to the Earth 'shield' mechanics: Click here

[FOGGERNAUT]
- More mechanical cohesion for Earth and Fire, as most of the active utilities seem to benefit Stasis.
Confirmed:
- September update bringing some changes to Stasis: Click here

[XELOR]
- The initiative draining mechanic seems to lose its purpose with the upcoming changes to initiative.
Confirmed:
- Xelor might be considered a bit 'too' good currently: Click here
Click here

[SACRIER]
- Redundancy found in elemental skills and utilities and no elemental synnergy found. Things could be merged or changed to offer more tactical options allaround.
- Lack of deeper gameplay elements found in fire and especially earth.
Confirmed:
- Sacriers might also be 'soon', as hinted here. Diversity and fun instead of linear gameplay and lack of elemental synnergy promised:
Click here
Click here

[ECAFLIP]
- Earth has a strong love/hate given its random nature/mechanic.
- Lots of skills serving a msotly similar purpose.
- Water feels ill represented amongst the utilities, and the Black Bow Meow in general feels uninteresting in design.
Confirmed:
- Possibly weighting the random aspect: Click here

[ROGUE]
- Smokescreen could benefit from utility more useful in group situations.
- More tactical diversity in earth spells (As to prevent 'obvious choice' picking for DPS)
Confirmed:
- Earth Rogue might be a bit too powerful: Click here

[FECA]
- Unhappyness about the vagueness of the Provocation skill.
Confirmed:
- Earth shield mechanic might change, considered too powerful: Click here
Click here

[CRA]
- More gameplay depth/mechanic to the class. Current skill selection filled with lack of tactical options.
- Multiple requests to merge the beacons into a 'chromatic' utility skill.
Confirmed:
- X

[ENIRIPSA]
- More gameplay depth/mechanic to the class. Current skill selection filled with lack of tactical options found in especially water.
- Fire's marks could benefit from more interactivity from the Eniripsa beyond them going off upon death of a monster.
Confirmed:
- X

[MASQUERAIDER]
- People often unhappy with the Fire masks mechanic not feeling rewarding enough (Some feel its more a drawback)
- Linear progression on activity utilities (The masks) feels unrewarding to specialize in when leveling up the class.
- The Masked Spirit's limited duration and usage ill placed in the current direction of Wakfu.
- Movement costs in water spells too heavy and often outweighing the benefit coming from the Water Mask.
Confirmed:
- X

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - August 28, 2014, 10:22:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766527  Replies : 79  Views : 2405
posté August 26, 2014, 10:36:17 | #16

Quote (Nox16 @ 26 August 2014 06:27) *
OH i thought of something for the search for items even the set builder have a all weapons search? i think that its tedious to try and find a certain type of weapon in a certain element you have to go through alot of lists. So a unified search option for weapons would be cool.

This.

Though on top of an 'all weapons/shields', a filter for 1 handed and 2 handed as well.

Also, might be time to clean up the filters in general a bit to remove some redundant filters (I see daggers listed twice in the Type for instance, and Mechanics/Leadership is still listed under Stats, where Leadership shows the currently used Control statistic. etc. Lots of changes and additions to the statistics with the next update too)

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - August 26, 2014, 10:36:53.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766477  Replies : 37  Views : 979
posté August 22, 2014, 18:29:11 | #17
That system will replace the original I'd assume.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765382  Replies : 9  Views : 274
posté August 21, 2014, 13:15:51 | #18

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 21 August 2014 13:11) *
Makes sense for Dofus!!

But guess what? In Wakfu you can't exchange origines for kamas which completely invalidates their point in the first place. Origines on Wakfu, based upon Ankamas explanation, should not expire.

Its a universal system though (Ogrines are tied to your Ankama account, not specifically to Dofus or Wakfu). Theoretically, as they have it currently, you could buy Ogrines through the Wakfu website and sell them in Dofus.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764999  Replies : 11  Views : 314
posté August 18, 2014, 12:23:18 | #19
Let's see:

01: Are we to expect the coming update early/mid/late September?
02. With the coming gear changes, what will happen to designated wisdom/prospecting pets (Since as you mentioned, they seem entirely exclusive now on singular armour parts), some of which had even been promoted only recently (like the ghost).
03. Similarly, in what way will lower level sets change that had a very clear designated role (Like Cloudy Tofu being a crit-set, or the Kama set which is a clearly designated Prospecting set). Will set bonusses be kept alive or be altered along?

04. Are there any spoilers on the general direction that they want the crafting revamp to be going? To be exact, now that the droprate on items is going to increase and the token machines are going to be brought in, what role and place will crafting have for gear and weapons (As to not have it feel redundant) - Will it still be possible to 'mastercraft' items, and what will happen with this concept during the coming gear revamp.

05. Are there any plans to do more with monster families that are poorly represented in the game at this time, like Prespics/Belladonnas/etc (Just one type, no dungeon), the Tombola/Scythescraper family (Cool in concepts but no direction for them)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764070  Replies : 642  Views : 15161
posté August 15, 2014, 15:50:44 | #20

Quote (ChubbyWaffle @ 15 August 2014 15:43) *
I don't understand why they are making combat dmg.
Only Iop and Sac has close combat now (sram being revamped with the general update).
Iop is probably getting revamped to use range too.

Which leaves sac.................

I agree that I find the choice for splitting up close combat damage and ranged damage really bad, given that most classes/sidekicks predominantly use ranged attacks.

They should have either designed it to matter based on the distance in which the spell is used (So you'd get Close Combat damage the moment you hit someone next to you, despite how far the spell can reach). Or they should have made Close Combat count for a distance slightly more than just range:0-1 (Say 0-2 or 0-3).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763321  Replies : 137  Views : 6107