Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

VoidSettler's profile
Statistics
197 Posts (0.2 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 22, 2014, 14:37:09 | #1
To be honoust, with a request like that I would humbly suggest a Masqueraider - They have an amazingly adaptive playstyle that allows to do exactly what you're asking for imho. Furthermore, their water 'Coward' tree focusses a lot on being midrange 'after' having danced around your enemy a bit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789358  Replies : 9  Views : 397
posté October 21, 2014, 15:56:12 | #2

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 21 October 2014 15:39) *

Quote (VoidSettler @ 21 October 2014 15:29) *
I would assume its pretty hard to keep expanding on a game when you have a set piece of lore effectively fixed in a point of time, of which we have all seen the events.

Any new class, any new major world-changing event would seem silly and perhaps a bit oddly placed when there's absolutely no mention of them/it in the cartoon.

Looking back, the whole Sufokia/Foggernaut thing was a bit of a mess as well, and I'm sure that the upcoming new class is merely a clever trick to weave in a technically refabricated Eliatrope - obviously in such a way so they don't specifically hurt the Eliatrope lore.
Even if they're not Eliatropes though, we're still stuck with a powerful portal-wielding class that somehow lost all relevance to the events we saw in the cartoon. For as long as the cartoon remains canon in the same world 20 years in the future, they'll always be shooting themselves in the foot lore-wise, imho.
I personally love the concept and think they can make it work with the lore pretty smoothly!

Eliatropes were an advanced civilization of space (literal) travelers.

Where as Voyagers could take a new spin on the concept by being a Xelor counterpart and being space (dimension) travelers. Not hard to be excluded from the show if they just go to a new dimension entirely.

Dimensional Voyager's have soo much more promise in terms of being a well thought out class then the Eliatrope in both combat and lore if you ask me.

Also, if Wakfu ever gains another season they could always pull a foggernaut move like they did in season two haha.

Hell maybe we'll even see some in the Master Joris origin story movie!

Perhaps we're all playing in a new-timeline set 20 years before the events in the Wakfu Cartoon, 'AFTER' Nox got resurrected at some point and managed to roll-back the time to where we are now in the game! ;D

Oh no worry, I'm actually happy and excited about the new class coming out. But I do think Wakfu as a game has set itself up to be more fragile for lore inconsistencies. MMORPGs enjoy expanding their world, but hardly any of them have to worry about connecting to a fixed point of events set in the future.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - October 21, 2014, 15:56:23.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789180  Replies : 170  Views : 6383
posté October 21, 2014, 15:29:17 | #3
I would assume its pretty hard to keep expanding on a game when you have a set piece of lore effectively fixed in a point of time, of which we have all seen the events.

Any new class, any new major world-changing event would seem silly and perhaps a bit oddly placed when there's absolutely no mention of them/it in the cartoon.

Looking back, the whole Sufokia/Foggernaut thing was a bit of a mess as well, and I'm sure that the upcoming new class is merely a clever trick to weave in a technically refabricated Eliatrope - obviously in such a way so they don't specifically hurt the Eliatrope lore.
Even if they're not Eliatropes though, we're still stuck with a powerful portal-wielding class that somehow lost all relevance to the events we saw in the cartoon. For as long as the cartoon remains canon in the same world 20 years in the future, they'll always be shooting themselves in the foot lore-wise, imho.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - October 21, 2014, 15:30:44.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789166  Replies : 170  Views : 6383
posté October 14, 2014, 13:55:14 | #4

Tom would like to have a word with you, Ankama.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787316  Replies : 36  Views : 1518
posté October 10, 2014, 11:56:42 | #5
It would seem that your request has been worked on and 'just now' hit the beta servers!

Click here

There you go!

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - October 10, 2014, 12:01:21.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786290  Replies : 16  Views : 701
posté October 03, 2014, 13:20:32 | #6
Hello there Saganpilgrim,

The frustrating experience you're having with the craft system will hopefully be tackled when they are rolling out a revamped craft/gather system, which they had said would still happen this year (Expected November)

Crafting in its current state is horribly unpractical in that the time/effort needed to craft things, as well as the material requirements, are poorly balanced in comparison to the combat experience. Quite often you'll find having outleveled the necessity of a crafted piece of gear by simply 'trying' to get the materials in the first place.
Although the problem has persisted for as long as I can remember, it has only been getting worse with the game's constant changes in combat experience, up to the point where crafting should just be considered a masochistic en-devour for the most patient or determined currently.

Up until they change the crafting system and if you still feel like playing at all, my advise might be to just roll up some additional characters to carry items on. Trust me, you'll need to do so anyway if you plan to hoard everything you find. (I'm a hoarder too with good storage capacities and still have to organise my stuff between approx 15 characters)

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - October 03, 2014, 13:21:15.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #783878  Replies : 3  Views : 310
posté October 01, 2014, 08:56:42 | #7
Enutrofs really need a complete overall on their entire water branch and related utilities (No thought provoking abilities/redundancy and/or completely useless or themebreaking mechanics) - the rest of the elements and abilities seems mostly fine, though improvements could always be made of course. Mass Clumsiness could become a tad bit more forgiving for casual use for instance.

Osas need massive work! Ignoring their statistical output, the mechanical foundation they are build on is completely whacked right now, with absolutely no room for practical hybrid/tribrid build options. There's also massive drought in options among Utility selection for them throughout their later levels.
On top of that, almost everyone ignores most of the fire spells for their intended mechanics.

List can go on of course: Main focus from what I picked up so far seems to be to rework classes for deeper tactical cohesion between all elements and to provide skills with tactical depth if such was lacking before. (Aka, toppling redundancy and plain/boring skills) - The new Sram would set a perfect example of what to expect.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - October 01, 2014, 08:59:03.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783016  Replies : 65  Views : 1730
posté September 29, 2014, 08:51:40 | #8
Whisper Island theme would be my favourite with its weird eerie humming string sound, and most Sufokian themes also make me.. so lazy! In a good way!

On a related note, I really like the out-of-combat music in the Monk Dungeon, and am completely confused and somewhat sad that it does not play when entering combat there. In fact, it's really breaking immersion suddenly hearing the typical combat music in such a gloomy place.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782176  Replies : 26  Views : 575
posté September 26, 2014, 11:11:36 | #9
I would agree that it feels really bad when you specialize in mult-lock and wear lock-based gear, have 4 monsters around you and then spot one of them (another lock-based monster even) walk away from you and STILL harass a party member with an attack or two.

Then again, this reminds me of how much I dislike AP/MP draining on pretty much any class that cannot entirely focus on doing so anyway. They seem to have given a a lot of monsters random additional AP and MP just so Enutrofs/Cras/Xelors etc would have a harder time locking them down entirely, I would guess.

Looking forward to them rebalancing monsters around these changes.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780997  Replies : 113  Views : 2120
posté September 22, 2014, 08:43:38 | #10

Quote (ForgottenAeon @ 21 September 2014 13:08) *
Pretty much what Soundtrack said. The problem with the system previously was that for each class there were really only one or two options if you wanted to be competitive in any way. The result was every Cra going from the same set to the next within their level bracket, or the same Eni, or whatever. Each class was in the same gear with minor exceptions. Not only was this boring, but it also meant the economy was focused around a select few gear sets.

Now that elements are customizable a large part of that is gone, and secondary stats are the focus. Bringing a bonus back could mean there would only be one or two legitimate options again (and as it stands, options have not been improved that much).

Personally I think sets could give bonuses like canine dodge/wisdom/% drop chance as mentioned previously, or things like particle effects. Things that wouldn't hold any weight in any kind of competitive setting.

Something cosmetic would be very neat indeed - I have always hoped to see the possibility of say 'compressing' a full set into a costume as well.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778862  Replies : 9  Views : 683
posté September 09, 2014, 12:30:11 | #11
There's so much to like really - But I will highlight one thing in specific:

The way you guys are actually handling this new content update!

Sure, the actual content is great, but having the team work much closer, and way more transparent on all the changes occurring has been one of the main reasons why, imho, so much of the new content is superb. I see this as a really big and important step for Wakfu in terms of stitching the constant problem in direction of the game.

- The con:

Mostly the small oversights that are caused by drastic changes like these, like the somewhat 'vague' and quick update on the Sidekicks with the new ability system put in place, and the fact that items can not be boxed anymore (My inventories will be hell now).

As for the rest, I'll need to witness - One possible fear is the new PvP system having unfortunate consequences to those that have no interest in it.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #772268  Replies : 778  Views : 7950
posté September 08, 2014, 19:15:14 | #12
What about the items worn by your sidekicks? The test server does not allow to bring one in to test this.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771857  Replies : 5  Views : 367
posté September 04, 2014, 15:39:19 | #13
Hello there! Two questions I´d like to ask, apologies if they had been answered before:

1) Are 'all' set bonuses going to disappear? (I'd assume as much, but just making sure). I still noticed a lot of them lingering on the beta server despite the information that they were removed.

2) With the new ability system, what will happen to Sidekicks in terms of internal balance? (As they were balanced around the old ability system)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770243  Replies : 797  Views : 20925
posté September 04, 2014, 11:20:29 | #14

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 04 September 2014 10:58) *
Considering these changes, how will Tetatoxin work with them? If the poisoned enemy move to 2 or 1 cell range close to me in single movement, he will suffer dmg boosted by close combat and not distance, even if i poisoned him from 3+ range?

I hope that it will just look at the distance between the enemy and player any time damage procs, in all situations. It'd be the most consistent and easiest for figure out without a lot of exceptional behaviours.

I'm quite happy they went for this change though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770183  Replies : 32  Views : 1455
posté September 02, 2014, 13:33:13 | #15
Why not just make it 30 seconds in PvP, 45 to 60 seconds in PvM? (Any increase would be nice really).

Least, I personally don't see a problem in having the timer increased for as long as it does not influence a PvP battle.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #769282  Replies : 46  Views : 1582
posté September 01, 2014, 16:31:49 | #16

Quote (XsamsaralotusX @ 01 September 2014 16:15) *
So if you can't say something useful then don't say it.

This thread should not have existed in the first place, you're absolutely right!

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - September 01, 2014, 16:32:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768638  Replies : 31  Views : 845
posté September 01, 2014, 16:29:30 | #17
Droprate on Wakfu keys is unfortunately low, tried to bag several but I keep getting Sorry drops instead.

Can't help I'm afraid  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768637  Replies : 3  Views : 219
posté September 01, 2014, 11:32:25 | #18

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 01 September 2014 11:24) *

Quote (ALastLegen @ 01 September 2014 08:56) *
roublard should have 3 types of bomb not just fire but dont make it like sram traps T.T maybe agi bombs making a gliph with less dmg but a small chance of take pm ?

on dofus roub are a really dificult class to play and extremely tactical i miss this on wakfu almost all class are No brain playstyle
Before the official release the Rogue had water,air and fire branches and each of them had 2 bombs: one with smaller aoe, other with bigger. Air bombs were pushing enemies away upon triggering, water ones were reducing resist. There was also Powder mechanic wich increased the dmg from bombs and the bombs were leaving powder when they exploded (permanent powder on cells) Though there was no firewall mechanic i must say i liked that rogue more then the current one, as it was more tactical, less about burst of dmg.
They could likely follow a similar route with bombs like they did with the Sram - Cast a normally ranged elemental spell on yourself to set a bomb-type to your wishes, then use an activated ability to place them.

This way they can add a bigger diversity of bombs/shapes among all elements without it drawing away from the other specializations of the Rogue (pistols/gadgets)

In fact, a lot of classes could benefit from such micromode mechanics. (Cra with beacons, Sadida with dolls (Effectively having one standard range/cost for all dolls this way) and even The Ecaflip could be redesigned to let spells include randomization/chance by targetting yourself with spells first.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - September 01, 2014, 11:42:27.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768545  Replies : 79  Views : 2784
posté August 29, 2014, 12:59:20 | #19

Quote (FajneCycki @ 29 August 2014 12:44) *
Hello! You probably observed changes from some previous update - no update took place today. The list from the first post is currently up-to-date (version 1.36.114104).
Although there's an update scheduled for today. I'll watch out for it

Ahh no I just assumed the update had taken place already. As I'm currently at work, I had no way to properly check the beta server yet. Looking forward to it though!

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - August 29, 2014, 13:07:36.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #767371  Replies : 561  Views : 33283
posté August 29, 2014, 11:21:00 | #20

Quote (FajneCycki @ 20 June 2014 23:16) *
The purpose of this thread is to share all the information and feedback as soon as new content makes it to the Wakfu Beta.

All items listed

Hello there Fajne! - Looking forward to an updated beta item list.(Lots of 20-80 items changed today)

Thank you in advance!  

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #767358  Replies : 561  Views : 33283