Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

VoidSettler's profile
Statistics
232 Posts (0.21 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté March 24, 2015, 12:02:15 | #1

Quote (Sabi @ 23 March 2015 20:25) *

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 20 March 2015 01:28) *
That is nonsense. I was expecting something betweeen 1200 and 1500 ogrines, not 2400. This is bullshit. I rather stick to my costumes.

We understand and appreciate the feedback of the community and to try to help on the cost when purchasing several Mimisymbics, we are going to release a pack of 5 Mimisymbics at 9,000 Ogrines instead of 12,000 Ogrines, making each Mimisymbic be 1,700 Ogrines in this pack or the equivalent of 1 given for free.

We feel that the Mimisymbics can offer much more possibilities to the players than a costume when customizing your character and can also give to the PvP players that awaited option to be able to "lure" their enemies (in a friendly way).

We noticed also the comments regarding linking to the player's account. This is simply in order to protect the in-game economy. We do not wish for the Mimisymbics to be a way to unlink items once turning them back into their "original skin", therefore for also technical issues, it is preferred to simply have it this way, just like any other Shop service that we offer such as the class change for example.

Nonetheless your feedback as you can see has already helped us to make some changes to fit more your expectations, we are always open for a dialogue so thank you for sharing them with us.

Still way too much imho. Also, if those ´benefits´ are in part reason for the outrageous price, it should be acknowledged that costumes already provide a good enough way to hide gear for PvP reasons. Also, while providing more possibilities, it comes at the additional cost of being linked as well as poor scalability (Bound to gear which you might want to roll out of) yet somehow this still justifies the current price?

We all love the fact that this allows us to look unique, but at its current design and/or price it is not practical to do so - It'll likely just become another niche feature ruining the hopes and dreams of what the majority of this community has been wanting to be implemented 'properly' for years.

Thread : News  Preview message : #842884  Replies : 105  Views : 2350
posté March 20, 2015, 13:15:24 | #2
Would not be surprised. Wakfu's marketing team is completely out of touch with their community, perhaps even reality in its entirety.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #841572  Replies : 87  Views : 2839
posté March 19, 2015, 17:33:28 | #3
I feel the same way. As I have not reached an end-level in Wakfu, I have no desire to spend this amount of money on something that will remain only temporarely useful, given I am still swapping gear quite a lot.

Conceptually item-skinning is awesome, but not with all the costs coming with it right now.

Thread : News  Preview message : #841197  Replies : 105  Views : 2350
posté March 19, 2015, 16:23:51 | #4

Quote (Neneko88 @ 19 March 2015 15:34) *
Are there any bugged helms that look transparent? Or can ankama just make this really easy decision to add transparent mimisymbics? It's easy..

The cat ears might come close to transparant. Least they are cute!

Thread : News  Preview message : #841163  Replies : 105  Views : 2350
posté March 19, 2015, 14:15:01 | #5
Perhaps it is still a Java Memory allocation problem either way. I found this guide online on how to increase it.
BE CAREFUL, USAGE AT OWN RISK -

Click here 

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - March 19, 2015, 14:15:13.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #841116  Replies : 58  Views : 1588
posté March 19, 2015, 11:19:37 | #6
Hello everyone!

A friend of mine had the same problem, and was going all over the forums/internet to find a sollution. Most threads we stumbled upon had a variety of possible solutions listed, perhaps they might work for some, though for him they didn't:

01. Close all relevant sessions of wakfu/java in taskmanager
02. Reinstall game completely. Perhaps restart computer along.
03. Update your operating system (Windows 8 users, go for 8.1 etc)
04. Run the game as administrator.
05. Delete Wakfu's temp files/temp folder stuff (Admittedly I don't know where they are, just quoting).

As mentioned, none of these things worked for him, but given that he is pretty tech savvy, he started looking into Java itself and realized that one of his 'MINECRAFT' mods was restricting the memory usage of java. After adjusting the memory allocation of his Java, he fixed this 'Wakfu did not shut down correctly' problem.
I know Minecraft is quite popular amongst people, so it might well be that one of its mods is doing the same!

Hope this might be of help!

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #841088  Replies : 58  Views : 1588
posté March 18, 2015, 17:30:13 | #7
I understand where you are trying to go with this after having edited the post - I personally do not have any qualms with the 30 second timer, and it has been a big part of Wakfu from the start, enough for me to bury the game forever if they would decrease it. Some of my friends don't think as fast, or succomb to other problems that prevent them from acting in a timely manner.

We 'had' an incentive for fast-paced playing styles before, the old Initiative system, which they recently removed; Quite likely because fastpaced incentives are indeed not in line with the concept of this game - Along those lines they are now also updating all classes to have more intricate and thought-provoking mechanics which obviously demand for more planning.

So while your new suggestion is not as extreme as your previous, I personally still do not see why it fits this game. The waiting time between friends(?) is the acquired taste of the game genre.

P.S. - I only commented on the first suggestion as it was in extreme contrast to what makes this game enjoyable to me, therefor I act in defense. The other suggestions are indeed ones that have come up more often and are things the community has more often agreed upon already.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - March 18, 2015, 17:34:56.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #840684  Replies : 41  Views : 887
posté March 18, 2015, 16:03:49 | #8
That you might feel sufficient needing 8 (or any less amount of) seconds in a turn-based tactical combat game does not mean you have to pull down the system on all of us just for your personal pleasure. Perhaps you have a wondrous calculative mind or lack the desire to apply intricate choicemaking the moment your turn comes up, but 'any amount' of less seconds cripples the direction the game is going for. There are enough real-time MMORPGs that are designed with fastpaced combat in mind, Wakfu is the opposite.

If you feel like everyone can suffice with 8 seconds, find a party with people that can do fine in that set amount of time and press a single button when you are done with your actions. Voila, problem solved. Good luck btw!

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - March 18, 2015, 16:04:47.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #840602  Replies : 41  Views : 887
posté March 18, 2015, 15:50:24 | #9
It took me 8 seconds to downvote this suggestion.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #840595  Replies : 41  Views : 887
posté February 23, 2015, 14:10:48 | #10
I play all classes, so obviously the Mask is one of them
That said however, when the class got released I was (read: am) mostly dissapointed with the lack of mechanical depth offered through their actives/passives. As it is, the class has their defining personality build upon what is effectively a 'setback' - The locking of spells aside from those befitting the worn mask.

3 Active utility skills to define one mechanic (swapping masks. They also scale linear in power like a passive, despite having an exponential cost to upgrade), a simple buff dance and a horrible concept of a max 2-turn copy, which I have always felt was lacking in inspiration - Making a copy should be the Sram's thing.

Most passives don't bring much interesting to the table either. In the end, all that truly gives the Masqueraider their own personality would be the criteria needed to make the Air and Water mask function, and in that only the Water one feels bizarrely unique (Dancing around enemies to up heal).

With this said, I hope they dare to completely abolish some of the old concepts of the class, including the copy, and make room for some completely new, fresh mechanics to give the class their own style. Like, puppeteering enemies for instance.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - February 23, 2015, 14:11:47.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832907  Replies : 98  Views : 2558
posté February 19, 2015, 09:54:53 | #11
* More randomization inside of dungeon-rooms to spice up repetition.

While the challenges might have been designed already with that idea in mind, dungeons as they are still remain too predictable in their design, making especially the 'filler' rooms before the boss almost mathematically calculatable as is. If only some form of procedural generation or at least randomization could be applied to have every occurance of the same dungeon be slightly different in experience!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831720  Replies : 60  Views : 1912
posté February 17, 2015, 18:34:11 | #12
Oh my, I did not expect this, but this is quite the surprise! Have wanted this forever in Wakfu  

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - February 17, 2015, 18:34:51.
Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #831194  Replies : 59  Views : 3996
posté February 10, 2015, 18:39:57 | #13

Quote (Chompers @ 10 February 2015 09:06) *

Quote (ShadowFacts @ 09 February 2015 20:49) *

I am not sure if the mount would be happy with you wearing the skin of his kind.
That Gobball does not seem to be fueled by happy.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #829088  Replies : 69  Views : 3447
posté February 09, 2015, 19:54:48 | #14
Can't seem to add him to my party after I acquired him from the machine. In fact, can't seem to add anyone as a hero either, nor Protoflex. I assume my beta account is bugged?

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #828740  Replies : 22  Views : 1754
posté February 05, 2015, 15:53:21 | #15
It's the bane of almost every multiplayer RPG experience I have encountered - One of my friends even quit playing this game because he could not spend as much time on it as we did - In the end we severely outleveled him, and he wanted to experience the world without being powerleveled - Grouping up for challenging/fun fights became a problem, for obvious reasons.

GW2 is one of the few MMORPGs whom actually put effort in scaling up/down characters inside their world to allow people to join up no matter the difference in time spend there. I really wish this game would have something along those lines as well that would allow friends to experience the game better together despite massive level differences.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #827453  Replies : 11  Views : 546
posté February 03, 2015, 12:24:44 | #16
oOo

You have just fixed one of the oldest and most annoying bugs in the game I believe, just like that!

Vote Dy7 for President!

(Admittedly making the lures is still way too hard of course, but that's a recipe-fail)

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - February 03, 2015, 12:26:44.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #826762  Replies : 25  Views : 1694
posté January 26, 2015, 11:56:28 | #17
Very neat! This should be incorporated as a feature indeed  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824113  Replies : 9  Views : 607
posté January 02, 2015, 13:53:43 | #18
Having watched the Dofus cartoon, it did not neccesarely seem like Ouginaks were the source of bad luck. In fact, that role seemed to be placed on the Koalaks (probably misspelled). That Ecaflips acquire horrible stats from the Ouginak card is probably based on the whole cats vs dog stereotype.

With Ouginaks, instead of going Critical Failure, I thought it might suit even better if you focus the whole class on 'loss', and more precisely, dealing with situations where its clear others have the upper hand.

Ecaflips focus on winning, through every means neccesary (even cheating). Their happiness and strength seems to be measured around the concept of short-term success, and gambling seems to be their main to-go for success. I would think Ecaflips have a hard time dealing with loss therefor, especially when repeated.

Indie, in the cartoons however mostly has fulfilled the role of the 'loser', with Kerub always getting away with everything in the end. Despite that, he has shown tremendous perseverance despite continues setbacks - It's almost like being beaten simply fuels him as opposed to breaking him down.

Game mechanically you could have a character with mechanics revolved around things 'going bad'. Damage above certain treshholds, negative status effects perhaps even death (Let's try that again!) all instead fueling the Ouginak. A slightly less narcisstic Ouginak (unlike Indie) could perhaps even act as an effective cheerleader to support the team when massive harm is done. It would also look cute, and suit a model looking like Lou.

edit: Woops, seems I was not the only one heading this direction idea wise. Rock on Xander!  

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - January 02, 2015, 13:55:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #816831  Replies : 24  Views : 1676
posté December 07, 2014, 19:53:10 | #19
Tofukaze Tofu Not Given Hello there - A friend of mine and me both got the Tofu pet as a reward for doing Tofukaze, yet neither of us actually received it in game. Perhaps over time something changed or got bugged with this reward.

Anyone else having had similar problems perhaps?

Thread : New Bugs  Preview message : #805746  Replies : 0  Views : 245
posté November 21, 2014, 14:55:22 | #20
This community will keep biting the hand that feeds them until there is no hand left.

I feel sorry for anyone involved in trying their best to keep us all happy and entertained at times.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799290  Replies : 90  Views : 4391