Back to

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

VoidSettler's profile
320 Posts (0.19 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 18, 2016, 14:47:43 | #1
Does it still count as Earth damage (least for the purpose of the Earth DMG Challenge)? I remember constantly failing Earth DMG challenges when I'd cause collission damage.
Something that always raised a lot of questions when I tried explaining my friends in a party.

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - October 22, 2016, 21:45:37.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #983950  Replies : 47  Views : 841
posté October 18, 2016, 14:11:05 | #2
I guess in hindsight I like the fact the Tofu boss has the anti-AoE mechanic, and that said mechanic (or lack of knowing it even existed), cut our newbie team in half.

BUT then the problem doesn't lie in the fact they want to have people fight tactical battles in the early stages, its the fact they don't teach or explain new players 'how' to fight tactical. I mean to be fair, I wasn't expecting a mechanic like that in a lvl 12 dungeon, so I wasn't even trying to find a reason for its rediculous DPS output.

So now new players will need to rely on word of mouth from experienced players to figure out why the boss is kicking their ass - Sure, once you know it, I'm sure a new player can adapt. Would it be too much to ask to simply throw this info out so new players can learn kind of mechanics to expect from bosses? It'd still be a tactical MMORPG without having to figure out hidden information on a battle's mechanics.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #983946  Replies : 26  Views : 1111
posté October 17, 2016, 21:31:26 | #3

Quote (KyrieZalzy @ 17 October 2016 17:57) *
It is currently near to impossible for characters below 25 to complete tofu dungeon, even with 5 players or more together.
with constant almost 200 damage a turn (AOE) from just the boss alone and sometimes even get back to full hp at some point of the fight.

Not sure what's going on, and new comers I met are almost have next to no idea about builds and mechanics, let alone "tactical fights" positioning. Before long they learn how to play like end game, its more like good game and quit.

Quote (Flatops @ 17 October 2016 07:54) *
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the feedback, it will be discussed with the team.

Not sure how true this is and how much effect will it be on the Dev side, nonetheless, its still heart warming to know at least some guy from the team took notice.
Please accept critics when players care, its too late when no one even want to reply and withers away.

Yup, the Tofu dungeon is rediculous for its level, especially in comparison to the Gobball one. The Boss' damage is insane (least for its lvl)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #983834  Replies : 26  Views : 1111
posté October 16, 2016, 05:09:38 | #4
Litterally all Satisfaction Rings are gone, on all my characters and the bank - A bit crummy if you ask me. I know they got changed around to drop now instead of being crafted, but seriously, just removing them like that?

Thread : 1.48 Bug Reports  Preview message : #983596  Replies : 16  Views : 365
posté October 14, 2016, 12:21:24 | #5
Hey Gimonfu - Were you in a party for both quests? - Perhaps its related to the bug I've been trying to adress (That they somehow haven't responded to or fixed yet..)

Click here

It's like a lot of quests are simply broken when in a party, least in Astrub. When one of the persons in the party clears the quest, the other person in the party can't proceed their quest anymore.

Thread : 1.48 Bug Reports  Preview message : #983305  Replies : 5  Views : 99
posté October 13, 2016, 22:39:43 | #6
I guess its not just a pop-up, follow-up quest, the problem is even weirder.

I just went on the Betagrid and made a 2-man party of new characters, dualboxing. After having killed the plants in the Seeds of Chaos quest, both characters got the quest to talk with Pappy Pal as part of the Seeds of Chaos quest.

Upon returning, my first character talked to Pappy Pal, finished Seeds of Chaos and got the Path of Chaos quest. My second character in the party then talked to Pappy Pal, finished the quest, but 'did not' get the Path of Chaos quest.

I am honoustly amazed this problem is only being reported by me (Not even on the French forums apparently), given how critical of an issue it is - I will assume no one actually parties up with others while doing Astrub quests?

Thread : 1.48 Bug Reports  Preview message : #983128  Replies : 3  Views : 99
posté October 13, 2016, 04:30:37 | #7
Automated Follow-Up Quests Broken in a Party Making a seperate topic as I believe I had discovered the cause of a current problem: Follow-Up Quests (Automated quest progression without the need to interact with an NPC or Object, shown as a pop-up window on your screen with info) inside a party

When inside a party and finishing part of a quest that would normally advance into an automated follow-up quest (With the quest info automatically popping up), only one player in the party actually seems to receive the follow-up quest.

As a result, any player that did not receive the follow-up quest will be stuck without any way to advance their quest. Nothing seems to work to acquire the follow-up quest, like relogging, going out of the party or trying to re-do parts of the quest you already did.

The first automated follow-up quest, I believe, is normally given after finishing the Seed of Chaos quest - The quest that should lead you to the cemetary in Astrub.

Thread : 1.48 Bug Reports  Preview message : #982835  Replies : 3  Views : 99
posté October 12, 2016, 18:49:26 | #8
This problem is also not fixed yet:

- Pappy Pal refusing to give follow-up quests

Problem: After having finished the Seed of Chaos quest, Pappy Pal is not giving the follow-up quest that should be taking you to the Cemetary. Another player had a similar problem where Pappy Pal is not giving the follow-up quest that should be taking you into the battle leading you into the sewers.

Extras to note: I was in a 3 man party formed by me. One of the people in my party finished the Seed of Chaos quest while me and another friend were likely still in the Seed of Chaos instance, fighting the plants. While the first person that finished the Seed of Chaos quest obtained the follow-up quest, leading him to the cemetary, me and my friend got no follow-up quest when we completed the Seed of Chaos quest at Pappy Pal.
Also, the person that did get the follow-up quest was lvl 6, while me and my friend not getting the quest were lvl 7.

EDIT some hours later:
My friend and me rolled up a new character, we did the part up to the Sewers solo fine - We grouped up, got the quest to go into the Larvae Nest the first time and voila, we both did not get the follow-up quest again to get the Key to fight Nanny Larva.. except for once again our third friend.

Something is definitely breaking quests when in a party! I really hope this can be fixed for tomorrow since I can't really guide a new player into Wakfu properly this way...

Thread : 1.48 Bug Reports  Preview message : #982612  Replies : 8  Views : 110
posté October 12, 2016, 14:18:10 | #9
I had a problem with that part of the tutorial too until I 'did something' at the bottom of the screen, like click one of the arrow keys or something. At that point it told me "Oh hey, you have discovered its weak point!" and I could slap it in the side.

Not very intuitive designed.

Thread : 1.48 Bug Reports  Preview message : #982519  Replies : 3  Views : 97
posté September 30, 2015, 12:24:40 | #10
Same experience for me yesterday, My game became sluggish, dropping down to close to 1 FPS while running just a single client, but having the hero system active, and having switched between characters.

I don't know what triggered it, but at short burts it seemed fine again, before things would crawl down again to a state as if my video processor was running 100%.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #911632  Replies : 11  Views : 1009
posté August 04, 2015, 17:20:58 | #11
Welp, hopefully they will acknowledge all of this as a critical issue - I can't imagine myself playing with 'these' issues  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #894743  Replies : 15  Views : 1765
posté August 04, 2015, 02:09:49 | #12
Put a thread up about this during beta, yet unfortunately it did not get a lot of response - Most of the people on the beta obviously did not care much to test how practical the new deck system would work on lower character people, and those higher level just keep saying "Well you'll have something to look out for".

The first draft of the deck system was even worse though, you only had say 4 spells to start with, but it's still really depressing to play the game on most classes between lvl 20 and 60 in its current state, least imho. The fight against the Mother Larva on a new Sacrier was pure hell even below level 20, as practically all map manipulative skills were still locked out for me at that point.

One of my friends that (unfortunately) hardly plays just logs in every once in a while now to feed on free XP from Hunter's Quests. He doesn't even feel like wanting to play with so many of his old mechanics still barred.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #894505  Replies : 7  Views : 593
posté August 02, 2015, 14:02:08 | #13
Time to necro this (thankfully-not-too-old) Thread -

Trying to get my Cloudy Cottons too currently, after having done around 7 runs without dropping a single one, I don't believe it is working exactly like mentioned (As in, it sounds like there should be a chance for everyone in the party to drop one? Thus multiple cottons could even drop in one run, like say the Royal Gobball Wools?)

This is not the only place that has been bothering me for drops, it feels like acquiring Disco Pearls from the Hammam dungeon is just about as conkers as getting Cloudy Cottons. It's insanely demotivating a process to do, not to mention the questionmarks it raises as some of the orange crafts demand around 10 or so of them.

Would it seriously not hurt to have drops like these drop more frequently? I have litterally managed to plaster my walls now with LOWER droprate Shovel drops from that dungeon, something I should technically be happy about.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #893882  Replies : 11  Views : 1656
posté July 30, 2015, 14:25:39 | #14
Osa revamp without capture system just around the corner. There's your answer.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #892950  Replies : 82  Views : 4403
posté July 10, 2015, 19:25:27 | #15
Absolutely punishing to me. I probably have over 25 pages worth of gifts, stuff that I can definitely not put anywhere right now, given the gifts' tendancy to be account/character bound.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #885427  Replies : 4  Views : 531
posté July 10, 2015, 19:20:09 | #16
This has got to be the most inhuman change ever, I probably have over 25 pages, and absolutely no room to put all the stuff anywhere.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #885424  Replies : 1  Views : 332
posté July 09, 2015, 14:42:45 | #17
Same here, either doesn't let me scroll past the first 5 tabs, or its simply all gone (which I don't hope)

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #884697  Replies : 1044  Views : 2863
posté July 08, 2015, 12:34:03 | #18
Could anyone confirm whether or not Charade is actually working currently? My client never shows the information of the Revive effect - in fact, my whole client kind of breaks the moment I rightclick it (Things not responding anymore etc)

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #884006  Replies : 279  Views : 34950
posté July 07, 2015, 00:17:32 | #19
Is Renewal supposed to be a blank effect on the Beta still, or did it end up being broken? I had not checked it in some time.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #882734  Replies : 377  Views : 23165
posté July 06, 2015, 21:57:10 | #20

Quote (Danchoou @ 06 July 2015 20:17) *
Sorry by bonus hp I meant only from stats. Everything else contributes to base hp afaik (unless it specifically says % hp), even sac/eni bonuses. So bonus hp from stats scales with those and armor scales with absolutely anything that contributed to your max hp.

Oh I see what you mean now - The armour obviously boosts itself based on the additional HP you might have also spend points on.
Still, every point spend on armour is 4% you miss out on in raw HP - And that 4% of raw HP keeps being more as well every time you take it (not percentually, but in raw value).

To me it still seems that you effectively seem to get the exact same value in raw HP, that you seem get in Armour, for every point spend - Just that one is a shield, and thus temporary hitpoints, and the other is not.

Im sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm probably still not seeing something the right way - What I'm really trying to figure out if its worth taking the armour on any class with a certain setup (other than the Feca with a passive booster for shields).

The Rock passive seems to boost shields too, but it also boosts HP again by 30% - I have not figured out if that passive turns the table in terms of choice.

EDIT: Derp, I finally see - The shield is calculated 'after' the additional HP is calculated. Thank you!  

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #882703  Replies : 105  Views : 10379