Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Quake Sadi
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-05-06
posté November 25, 2013, 16:43:24 | #1
Quake Sadi Last night, I had an interesting Idea. When I started the game, the friend I started with used a sadida. And, the most devastating attack (to everyone) was earthquake. And, I decided to build a set, run some numbers. Heres what I found.

I managed to build a set with 8 MP, 508% earth damage, 7 AP, 255% water damage, 41% heal, and 21% crit. It is designed for level 140 at the moment.

Your spells would be Fertilizer, Manifold Bramble, Mudoll, and Drain. The most important, though, would be Earthquake. At level 140, earthquake hits 55 for 1 mp. You can use it five times a turn (as the condition states) and still have three for moving yourself around. At 508% damage, assuming no earth resist and no crits, you would hit 279 damage, five times a turn. 1395 damage before you spend and AP. Then move on to either manifold or fertilizer. Another 492 damage, for a whopping total of 2000+ damage, to everything in an AoE.

I know its obviously not the BEST build. But, it isnt a bad build. Plus, its lulzy and you'd be a special snowflake.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-05-06
posté November 25, 2013, 19:40:18 | #2
This sounds really great for 1v1 PvP. Not so great for UB runs. I like the idea.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté November 25, 2013, 20:46:16 | #3
Except you will also be doing just as much damage to yourself with earthquake. Maybe if you focused on getting crazy high earth resistance?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté November 26, 2013, 00:07:26 | #4
I don't think you need 8 MP. The lack of AP may hurt you when you will face something like Xelor.

The Earthquake build is not reliable but sometimes it may be your lucky day and you will strike enemy for massive damage. If you are unlucky though you will hurt only yourself, and that will just speed up your death. The earthquake might also hit empty cells, wich is just the same as wasting the spell cost for nothing. Even ecaflips have better effects that are luck based. Ecaflip without luck will hit as much as any other class, but with luck it would hit 2x more damage then anyone. So Ecaflips are either good or godly, while Sadida's earthquake is either good or bad or a waste of MP.

It may be sometimes worth the riske or when you fight vs multiple enemies and you will die anyone if no miracle would happen. The Earthquake might be your miracle. But its very situational and i wouldn't make build based on it.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté November 26, 2013, 00:27:21 | #5
MP pre-combat cap is 7, so 8 MP at base isn't possible. Fertiliser can rip you an extra two, however, so you can get 9 if you're in a good position and land both MP snatches, with a 10ap build.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté November 26, 2013, 01:39:02 | #6
I've killed myself and my friends a few times with that spell...

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté November 30, 2013, 21:14:40 | #7
Just to humour me I know totem gets 50% less damage via AoE attacks.

Would this not be an idea, use totem then tons of earth quake to increase your chances of hitting the area as earth quake is such a random spell?.

I also know totem on single monster doesn't work that well because of the hp limits.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté November 30, 2013, 21:26:16 | #8
There is the idea that is hard to trigger but could work for Earthquake build:

Summon Voodoll and follow it to the map corner. When enemy will get close to you and Voodoll - use Earthquake to hit self and both: voodoll and enemy. That would make enemy suffer 50% more of Earthquake damage then you would. More effective if you get high earth resist while enemy have it low. Less effective if enemy will kill the voodoll or attack you at distance....

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-12-05
posté January 10, 2014, 18:31:03 | #9

Quote (archedruid @ 26 November 2013 01:39) *
I've killed myself and my friends a few times with that spell…
Yeah I agree with this. Too unreliable to be oriented around a build. If you wanted a nuking, luck based character I would suggest playing Ecaflip rather than earthquake Sadida.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2013-03-08
posté January 10, 2014, 18:45:41 | #10
I love the EQ spell! I'm not sure if it's a good spell to base your build on, but who cares! It's your character and you can play how you want. It's like berserker Sadida, I like it
The Voodoo doll idea is a good one. If you can get a combo going with your air spells to get yourself against a wall with enemies it can help you dictate where EQ will hit. You can also get your blocks to keep enemies against walls to ensure you keep hitting them. I'd definitely buff your HP and get your armor spells up to help take the damage from EQ. I think theres enough to work with to make it an interesting build. Also don't forget how valuable EQ is for triggering green guard if you decide to use dolls to support your build.
Good luck!

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-05-07
posté January 10, 2014, 19:09:18 | #11

Quote (cbunny @ 10 January 2014 18:45) *
I love the EQ spell! I'm not sure if it's a good spell to base your build on, but who cares! It's your character and you can play how you want. It's like berserker Sadida, I like it
The Voodoo doll idea is a good one. If you can get a combo going with your air spells to get yourself against a wall with enemies it can help you dictate where EQ will hit. You can also get your blocks to keep enemies against walls to ensure you keep hitting them. I'd definitely buff your HP and get your armor spells up to help take the damage from EQ. I think theres enough to work with to make it an interesting build. Also don't forget how valuable EQ is for triggering green guard if you decide to use dolls to support your build.
Good luck!

I agree with this as well. You would need a lot of strategy involved in your build, items and play style. It might be difficult but it can definitely work.