I am Aqua from the server Nox. I am currently a level 144 Earth/Air Sadida. For a while people have asked me to post up a guide on Air/Water Sadidas and general Sadida Building tips. So in this guide, I will be sharing some of my knowledge with you guys. I hope that you find these tips and suggestions helpful for your sadidas.
I would also like to encourage you all to submit tips and suggestions on this thread but, at the same time i ask that we- do not derail the topic with questioning of whether the Sadida is over/under powered. I do not mind that bugs, and spells that should be avoided are brought into the discussion, but I do not want to center the discussion on all the negative/positive aspects of the class, or to center it on a debate of the over all state. I would also like to keep all personal issues with other players out of this thread and hopefully set all personal issues aside so that we can all contribute in a document that sums up our knowledge so we can hopefully help each other and the players who come after us.
Enjoy!! and thanks for reading. Feel free to post here for clarifications, pm me in-game, or to anka-box me with personal questions or concerns. Let me know if I should write any other guides that you guys would find helpful, I will try my best.
- - - - - - Passive Spells and Abilities Mini Guide:
Leveling them up for Summoners / Beginners / Solo Players
- These two specialties will be your friend, in most cases I would level these up first.
- Can't kite? You Tree
- So the hidden truth of Dolly-Sacrifice. Many people do not use this and its mind blowing for me as to WHY they do not. Sadida's painstakingly try to manage their use of AP and control. A damage based ultra costs: 2ap for summon + 4 ap to chill + 3 ap to stench = 9 ap. That is a whooping nine ap and in my book it is one of THE WORST dolls we have. Why? because of their high ap costs and their inexplicable ability to die in 1 turn. But I still use it because in terms of damage it is probably the best doll we have for the class [if you can keep it alive] If you see a doll and it has 36 hp. You know it will die next turn and you will have to resummon it. With dolly- sacrifice at max, summoning that doll will cost 1ap less. Meaning a stench doll would cost 8ap instead of nine. Not only that but you get a crappy heal out of it too. It lessens the depression of having to re summon a doll. If you play pve, you know you are constantly putting out blocks next to targets for disabling priority mob members; in fact it might be that doll you will use the most is the block. It is the only doll with decent hp for it's summoning cost. The problem is that it has 1 mp. Sic em more can give it +3mp at max level. That is so nifty in a lot of PvE situations where you need to position that doll correctly for a pull.
- This one is helpful for all sadidas. In fact, I would level this one up before I level Sic'Em or Dolly Sacrifice. The reason being that Dolly Sac and Sic'Em are really just perks but building for tankiness and kiting, you might consider leveling tree before your perks, that way when an opponent comes too close you can tree up, burn some wp and avoid the heavy damage.
- Ever been in a group where you can’t use dolls or where dolls are not viable? Lone Sadi can be fun too!I do not use Voo doll at all not even for Ubs. However, at the levels 100 or so where totem becomes useful for Ubs like Bc and Moowolf; I would level this. Before Sic'em or Dolly Sac.
- - - - - -Spells and Ability Mini Guide:
- At this point your dolls will be up and running, however you will not have the perk of doll managing yet
- If you are not comfortable using dolls with out your perks, I would consider following the summoner guide.
- At this point your none summoner sadida should be up and running and you should be ready for UBs
- Considering that the use of tree is a perk; however, if you plan to fight mobs or solo often I would level tree before VooDoll as it is used more often and is far more efficient. Voo-Doll in its creation is highly situational and you can summon it with-out having it leveled. I always find ap-less tree to be more helpful since in my opinion all sadidas have to learn to kite through the use of gust.
- These are technically your Lone/Summoner sadida perks. However, I would be mindful that tree can be switched based on solo / group play / play style.
- - - - - -Dolls Tricks for Air / Water Sadidas:
Ranged, Healer, Lowest fire resist
- This doll heals with LOS, remember to Vaporize, Nettle, or Sic'em when there is clutter on the map for it's Ai is subject to major derpage.
Close Combat, DPT, Lowest fire resist.
- Nettling via Green Guard is the best way to buff this one. However if a target is close I would Sic'Em, Rust and conserve mp for kiting. On a turn when you see yourself able to hit instead of having to control your dolls in the following turn. I would hit this one with a chill. That debuff will stay there for you until the next turn, and you will be able to take advantage of it's debuff. Generally, if you have two dolls going that turn, apply Chill to the Greeding that goes last, that way both you and the Greeding that comes before it can take advantage of the debuff. Nettle, or sic the one that comes before it, rust and kite.
Ranged, Weakest Earth resist, Close-Combat AI [They run to stand next to target]
- People always ask me how do I use my dolls. To be honest, in order to summon these I would never build on 10ap, I would always use 12ap builds. Simply because summoning one is not overwhelming enough or woth the cost. Once you have 2 out, on the following turn you can chill once and dpt with a -90 ~ 120% debuff.
Ranged, Weakest Earth resist, Flee 2 cells away AI [They run to stand 2 cells adjacent or diagonal to target]
- People always ask me how do I use this doll. This is a special doll to summon because its simply so costly. What alot of people do not consider is that this doll has range of about 2 cells, and with out the ap cost to summon it can cost 6ap. I never summon this doll in one turn. In fact this doll often starts as my favorite doll [The Block] Block Summoning Procedure: Summon two blocks to disable your enemy [lock]. Next turn, dolly'sac and resummon as Woodland. My favorite method of summoning these is to simply summon the seeds the turn before, or summon an Ultra-SC's the turn before. However, in general I like to have two ultras in play.
Close Combat, CC Ai, Carries Charged spell for 1 turn.
- This is my all time favorite doll. It is by far the closest to balance. I like to vape these because they like to derp. Never count on these to do their job on the turn they are summoned; since they will not. They will almost always walk away from the target and derp specially in dungeons. In general, I like to Vape+Gust these to position them if I do not want to use sic em or want to position two mobs. Remember that if you use Sudden Chill or Gust on this doll the spell loses it's LOS-less property. I am not sure if that is a bug or not, but its been this way for over a year.
//Madolls/Lethargicss Ap-Mp Dolls:
Flee Ai, M Air Doll and general earth doll properties
- These really not helpful, unless you are pvp'ing and you can seriously ruin someone's 5ap, 6ap combos by removing 1ap for a turn. The reason being that these dolls are costly, squishy, only remove 1mp or 1ap [not really helpful], run away ai [they usually only remove for one turn and skip the next]. The maddoll is helpful for 10ap, earth sadidas though. Hitting your target with a Multi-Bramble and removing 2mp for a turn, whilst kiting can help lots on a turn where they are approaching fast. What I usually do with these dolls is just that. If I can not kite my opponent, I remove their ap, next turn I sac those dolls and turn them into assault dolls. [Youre reducing the damage you're taking by stealing your opponents ap/mp] But, overall its really not worth it and more situational than anything. I do not use these in pve either.
- - - - - - Building an Air / Water Sadida:
- Sudden Chill : De-buff and the base dmg is decent
- 12 ap Builds: Sudden Chill x3, -OR- 1 Chill and if your Voo doll is out follow up with Tear [Check Water suggestions for more info.]
- Stench: Highest base air spell with poison***
- Poisoned Wind: Highly reasonable for 11ap builds, Just hit with it and Kite
- Sudden Chill : This is both utility and assault I would level it, considering it's damage potential but keep in mind its ability to support is far greater
- Sudden Chill Dolls: Having one Sudden Chill doll or two would not hurt. It would actually be great
- Gust: Do not level, simply use/great for positioning.
Sadida's tear : Requirement:: Level up your totem
- Notice that at level 100 this spell has a base of 61, with a critical of 91. That is really good [for a sadida]. Not to mention that if you have your totem out that rebounds 20 regular or 30 on a critical [which at max level VooDoll is possible to summon the totem and attack in the same turn] I would probably combo this with 2 Sudden Chill Dolls summoned on the turn prior to using this combo.With Two Sc dolls on the second turn, you could attack with a debuff of 90% on your target with both the damage from your chill dolls, the totem and your tear. Or with one SC Doll you could attack with a -20/30% debuff Mind you Tear+Totem only cost 9ap, If were you I would aim for a 12 ap build and spam some Stench on your target so you can poison. Or go 11 ap and use Poisoned Wind. Mild slow damage, but that 1 ap will not go to waste. If you're kiting you're forcing your opponent to proc poison to reach you [ Poisoned Wind procs when Ap/Mp is consumed].
- Keeping one out is like having a little coney running around. It never hurts. Also, if you aim for control, a minimum of four [I say four for gear reasons that I will elaborate on later], you can have a couple of these on the map and play secondary healer sadida for that fight [I will explain why, due to current gear you will be a secondary healer]
- heal thy self
- Good aoe cross heal if you wish to play secondary healer, whilst in lone sadi mode.
- Tough to use, unless you are focusing on the use of Greedings. Which I do not recommend if you decide to use a 12ap build. Reason being that if you use a 12ap build you will benefit more from the ability of summoning two ultras per turn. If you decide to use Rust, I would use it on turns where you convert ultras into woodland stench dolls since these dolls hit twice and woul benefit from the damage bonus
- Vaporize: Control your dolls
- Drain: Summon Inflatables
- The Block: My all time favorite doll
- - - - - -Water / Air Build Spell
- Summon Two Chill Dolls
- Voodoll + Tear + Stench
- Summon Two greedings
- Convert Chill dolls to stench doll + Tear -or- + Chill -Or- Poison Wind -Or- Summon a Chill doll -or- stench target 2 times -or- Heal thy self
- Summon Two blocks
- Two Greedings
- Voodoll + Tear + Poisoned wind
- Chill doll, + 5ap left over for a drain on an ally/doll, mob/ally, totem/ally, totem/mob
- Two seeds + Rust + Sic Em More*
- Seed [Beside Ally] + Drain (On Seed) + Drain (On Doll or enemy)
- Seed [beside an ally] + Drain on Seed + Drain on Doll or Enemy
- Seed + Drain + Sic'Em + Mudoll
WIP: I invite all to suggest more, or propose more ideas.
- + Control+heals %Air / Water Dmg** [perk] ** Crit / Block [important perk block* if you can not access good resists]** [perk] ** Cmc Dmg %There is literally no sadida catered air/water set. Literally NONE.
- 1-30's - - Tofu Set: Click here
- 50's - - Cloudy Set:Click here
Best Available Sets:
- 140's Grand Viziew - - : Click here
Optional Item for control : Freezy Breezy BP Click here
This is a subject on it's own because it is something that you will be building for throughout your entire game play. Notice how all gear with the exception of the freezy bp does not give you MP and Control. With KOD you will basically have 3 leadership. I would aim for 4. Meaning that these are your weapon options.
Gear does not provide mp
I would suggest stating 1mp
The rest is up to you, in general I feel that water has good spell range and i am super satisfied with it
Reasoning for secondary healer: Notice how all air/water gear has absolutely -no- %heal. Not only that but notice how much you will lose for the optional control gear. With out control you can not have 6 dolls out to mob and heal up to par with an eni. In fact, that is why this is my preferred DD build because it has that potential but it definitely does not come up to par as a primary healer. This is not to say that you can not heal at all.Be mindful that heals do not benefit from general damage.
- - - - - -Summoning Dolls Properly:
Variety of Summoning techniques for optimal use
****Important Tips: Monitor your dolls AI. Dolls generally have a target they target first. Generally it is the closest target, but if you understand the way your doll targets in a dungeon then you can summon dolls with out having to summon them right next to your target or having to vaporize them each turn. For example: In Lenalds / Empelol Dungeon Air dolls usually target the Fat Lenald first. This has helped me determine how far away I can be from the mobs in order to summon. I will not spoil this for every dungeon. You will have to do some figuring out yourself... after all that is the fun part =]
Summoning the Block Efficiently:
Seed + Seed + Wild Grass + Wild Grass
Seed + Wild Grass + Vape, Seed + Wildgrass
Seed + Wild Grass + Vape & Seed + Wild Grass / Seed + Bramble
Understanding Air Dolls:
These have a range of 4 and and 4mp, Their spell consumes 2 mp so you can vouch that this doll in reality has a range of 4 and 2 mp. meaning that you can summon this doll up to 5 cells away from the target as well.If the ai of this doll was more reliable in fact I would understand the reason for all of the air spells to cost mp.
Understanding Water Dolls:
Unless you do not know what your dolls Ai is targeting and there are no specialty tiles in place to misdirect your dolls. There is no reason why you should be walking towards your opponent in battles [both PVE and PVP] to summon dolls right next to them. I will suggest to test your greedings a lot to see how their AI Works, I explained this under [Important Tips] of this section.
Pay attention to where you summon your dolls and if you summon two per turn, that the second one you summon goes first. This is important because this doll has a flee ai and their heal spell is not los-less. Meaning that the second doll will skip its turn to heal if it can not heal.
- Pay attention to summoning placement
- Nettle via Green Guard // EQ
This post has been edited by aquabeauty - December 09, 2016, 20:24:01.