Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

The Tree Hugger - Sadi Suggestion
Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté May 12, 2014, 12:02:04 | #21
Compulsion and Power don't even match the potential of a single passive - Lone Sadida. Again even with Hygiene maxed it wont reach fully raised Lone Sadida.
Im referring to the proposal - the one we're meant to be discussing.

Sadida can deal damage, so it must be a damage dealer. It can also heal, so it must be stronger than an eni in that department too?
Sadida should be able to deal damage, but it's not an Iop, or a rogue, or a xelor for that matter and should not be created as such.

To assume every sadida build should be able to reach 150% dmg from lone sadida is foolish. Yes it takes turns to build up, but it;s one passive. What do you expect? The current Lone Sadida is far from perfect, even the proposed isn't ideal in my opinion - but it's pretty close and seems fairly balanced.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-02-02
posté May 12, 2014, 13:39:43 | #22
Damage Dealer?

The Sadida is not really a damage dealer and right now we are able to reach quite decent damage output, that is why I would say that Lone Sadida needed more attention, or maybe the damage of certain spells. Wild Grass and Woodland Stench are the strongest spells of the class, can see myself reaching 700 damage on crits on creatures that have around 200 resist, which is quite high at my level.

(I agree with Soundtrack)

About Voodoll

If you have not noticed I removed the bonuses related to the Voodoll, higher damage and heals, since on my point of view, if Voodoll is buffed and no more loses HP when redirecting damage, it already gives a huge advantage to the class in the battlefield, therefore there is no need of additional or higher damage. The totem look is a personal option, I used to love the totem.
The Kikui idea for the Voodoll in the other topic was nice, specially the line of sight removal.

There could still be effects linked to the Voodoll, but I would rather see them being restricted to a single branch or maybe being divided into two of them, like they are now. But I am against higher damage, it would be interesting a mechanism similar to current Tear's that heals the ally linked to voodooll or damage enemies, I think that such role could be given to all water spells since water is usually related to support and debilitation. Like you use vaporize and the enemy linked to voodoll loses damage bonus? Anyways, this is just a thought.

One thing that I would love to see is being possible to summon multiple Voodoolls in a fight, which could be quite handy. However restrictions to area of effect should then be taken into consideratioon (like removing AoE effects on Voodoll)

Role of the Class
As for the role of the Sadida, Sadidas in Dofus can be considered as damage dealer and supporter, just like they are in Wakfu. Howevert their power is in no way compared to the best damage dealers or healers in the game. Some call them Jack of All Trades, and master of none.
This is what is currently happening in wakfu, they bring a lot of nice stuff to the battlefield but they are not best in anything, and even now they sometimes look overpowered with the damage of earth and air branch when combined with lone Sadida.

Some hate the fact that they are not a master of anything, however I like to say that they're actually a little master of everything. They're supposed to be one of the most versatile classes in game. They're the master of versatility. They can adapt to almost every situation, differently from other classes. They can heal, deal damage, hinder enemies, block enemies, buff allies, shield allies, they have map control, they can drag allies, they can create a voodooll and so on.
Dolls in Dofus are just for annoyance or minor support, the same happens with wakfu (with damage included). The cost of dolls here, however, is way too high.

I forgot to mention that one possible way of buffing Maddol and Lethargic is the following:
  • Their base AP increase by 1 every 100 levels. They start with 1 at level 1.
  • At level 1 they can cast their ability once.
  • At level 100 they can cast twice (one per target).
  • At level 200 they can cast three times.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - May 12, 2014, 13:42:06.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté May 12, 2014, 20:10:21 | #23
Sadida can do many things, that i agree, but they are either costly, too costly, or not worth doing instead of doing dmg.

Versality? Perhaps. Flexibility? Not really.

So what if you can do shields, heals, summon dolls, etc, if you cannot shield with dolls effectively, if your heal drops if you make doll and if you have to be fully earth or fully water to do decent heal or shields? This class is nothing else then a mix of few possible classes fuxed in 1 and you have to choose wich way you will go. This means that we are not jack of all trades because we have to choose one "trade" and focus on it. Lone Sadida could fix that if it would work with dolls.

Now i am not saying that lone sadida need to boost dmg by 150%, it can be 120% or like i suggested some time ago it could be based on control Sadida have if you really find it "unfair" that it can be increased with just 1 passive.

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 12 May 2014 13:39) *
I forgot to mention that one possible way of buffing Maddol and Lethargic is the following:
  • Their base AP increase by 1 every 100 levels. They start with 1 at level 1.
  • At level 1 they can cast their ability once.
  • At level 100 they can cast twice (one per target).
  • At level 200 they can cast three times.
That is actually nice idea, though i would like it more if we could give AP to dolls manually just like we used to in open beta days - wich was propably the reason why madoll had its spell limited to 1 per target.

posté May 12, 2014, 23:03:48 | #24
Actually Water and Earth build is quite strong after level 100, even without lone sadi I can inflict a lot of damage. However, as you pointed, it's not really worth it to cast brambly armor on dolls or allies. I would say that the main issue is the cost, it's not worth it (that would not happen with Trees of Protection though). There could be a passive that returned part of the AP invested on ally brambly armor (not self though) and if Manifold Bramble applied brambly armor to allies in the area of effect it could be a good and efficient way of shielding dolls while hurting enemies and not reducing too much our damage output.

Despite that, I would say that the class is flexile. I can do damage from range, if enemies get too close I can choose between damage, pushback or shield effects. Sometimes when I feel myself in a difficult situation (usually againt those big fungae at fungople that do tons of close combat damage) I shield myself entirely therefore next turn I can gain time to move away from the enemy. I can cast shields and heal, which is a quite unique combo. The poisons are, however, not exactly balanced, I think that if the class had some sort of mechanism similar to the air enis it would be more worth it to apply poison, like you just use 1 AP to trigger the effect of poisoned wind and then you shield yourself, the result is that the enemy will probably lose HP while attacking you and doing not much damage. I will try to work around that idea and not make it too similar to the Eniripsa mechanism.

Something I'd like to point that I really miss in Wakfu is the duration effects we have in Dofus. I know it is a complete different game, but some effects only make sense if they last several turns. It's like a poison that lasts for 3 turns.

About Inflatables

Even inflatables are relatively good right now, they needed more range though and they heal a lot if they were not bugged. I currently noticed that they are still receiving only water and heal bonus after the % damage change, which is really annoying. The problem also arises on the cost of the summon, it would be worth to summon inflatables if they just cost 3 AP

To sum up

The class is versatile but it needs more versatility and flexibility I would say, without necessarily bringing a central role to the Sadida. This would be amazing if they did it right!

Ahh one more thing

I will try to work around the feedback and try to not get that crazy with changes like I did in the main topic, I will try to work with the passive and active skills when I have the time and improve their effects on doll gameplay. I'd like to see Sic'em more adding AP again.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - May 12, 2014, 23:04:55.
posté May 13, 2014, 03:05:44 | #25

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 12 May 2014 23:03) *
The poisons are, however, not exactly balanced, I think that if the class had some sort of mechanism similar to the air enis it would be more worth it to apply poison, like you just use 1 AP to trigger the effect of poisoned wind and then you shield yourself, the result is that the enemy will probably lose HP while attacking you and doing not much damage. I will try to work around that idea and not make it too similar to the Eniripsa mechanism.
Actually we have different mechanism that let us do what we want while making enemy suffer poison. Such mechanism is called: dolls. And more precisely: ultrapowerful dolls. Having few ultrapowerful dolls on the field applying poison to target while you heal self or shield self would be exactly what you are asking for. However the issues are: the cost to summon them and survivalability of the mentioned dolls. If those 2 aspects of these dolls were improved (and also if we could get dmg% passive that keep working while dolls are present to make those posions effective as if with lone sadida) then i would have less things to complain about as at least air sadida would be viable then.

And i don't think Sadida need to have sheer force spells dmg dealing like iops. But i do think that with the effort given to survive for few turns while summoning dolls we should get rewarded for doing more dmg. In my eyes dolls are still an "aoe effect" added to water (or air) spells, wich could sometimes focus on 1 target to deal more dmg as if with sram's double or ecaflip's All In, but instead of being easy to trigger from the very first turn (sram double) or based on luck (all in) it would be based on strategy to make dolls and keep them alive while not dieing yourself for these several turns by trying to sheild self, gust away, reduce mp, heal self up, lock with blockers (though that reduce potential dmg from dolls), etc. The dmg of Sadida would be then justified to be under average while scaling above average with dolls. This is something that i am looking forward to see one day.

posté May 13, 2014, 04:48:52 | #26
I agree with you about the Ultra Powerful, but the kind of poison I meant was that one that you apply and then you simply don't care about it anymore. The enemy keeps losing HP while you cast other spells and stuff to do damage, in Dofus we had paralyzing poison (similar to poisoned wind's, but poisoned wind's a lot stronger). I think that the main issue really is the AI of the dolls and their high cost.
PS: the advantage of Paralyzing Poison is that it deals fire damage as if the enemy had always 0% fire resist (ignores resistance). We could have some sort of piercing poison just like that... since poison actually means that, you may be tough but when you get poison in your blood you are doomed.

Since controlling dolls would make fights last longer than they do with usual AI, I think that the best way to deal with AI problems is to add to one of the spells a secondary effect that changes their behaviour. I don't like much Ultra Powerfuls because they tend to face the enemy, which means that they die too fast because of that. Most enemies after 100 do area of effect damage which is really annoying, even with the -50% penalty. If I had the chance to have a coward Ultra Powerful it would be interesting.

Ahh yes, we have vaporize to control, but it is boring to control dolls when the game can do the job to you xD (lazy ass).

Also, the look of ultra powerful is terrible, it reminds me of that arabic food, stuffed grape leaves x_x

(a little offtopic, but anyways, they look awful)

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - May 13, 2014, 04:50:36.
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté May 13, 2014, 08:06:11 | #27

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 13 May 2014 04:48) *
I agree with you about the Ultra Powerful, but the kind of poison I meant was that one that you apply and then you simply don't care about it anymore. The enemy keeps losing HP while you cast other spells and stuff to do damage, in Dofus we had paralyzing poison (similar to poisoned wind's, but poisoned wind's a lot stronger). I think that the main issue really is the AI of the dolls and their high cost.
PS: the advantage of Paralyzing Poison is that it deals fire damage as if the enemy had always 0% fire resist (ignores resistance). We could have some sort of piercing poison just like that... since poison actually means that, you may be tough but when you get poison in your blood you are doomed.

Since controlling dolls would make fights last longer than they do with usual AI, I think that the best way to deal with AI problems is to add to one of the spells a secondary effect that changes their behaviour. I don't like much Ultra Powerfuls because they tend to face the enemy, which means that they die too fast because of that. Most enemies after 100 do area of effect damage which is really annoying, even with the -50% penalty. If I had the chance to have a coward Ultra Powerful it would be interesting.

Ahh yes, we have vaporize to control, but it is boring to control dolls when the game can do the job to you xD (lazy ass).

Also, the look of ultra powerful is terrible, it reminds me of that arabic food, stuffed grape leaves x_x

(a little offtopic, but anyways, they look awful)
It is not Arabic and it is delicious  

This post has been edited by Celay01 - May 13, 2014, 08:06:58.
posté May 13, 2014, 11:10:47 | #28
For me Ultrapowerful doll reminds me more of a walking cactus, especially when it scream to use air spells and put his hands up. I think it looks pretty cool, but i would see it more on earth branch side due to green colour of his body.

posté May 13, 2014, 13:12:04 | #29
I am not saying it's taste is bad, it's nice! hahaha, and sorry I thought it was arabic XD but the look is weird, isnt it D:

I like the Ultra Powerful from Dofus, it has a cape that resembles the cape of super man xD

To tell the truth, I think that no branch should be able to summon the Ultra Powerful, since it's name is related to overwhelming power. The starter name of the air branch doll was The Mimic and it was nice, I don't know why they changed it. The Ultra Powerful should be a special doll that triggers through different means, I liked the old idea of still life, it was underpowered but could be changed decently...

Maybe if Sic'em More had an accumulation effect, you cast it once and the doll gets buffed, twice and it becomes a chromatic doll known as The Ultra Powerful XD

*Edit
One of the issues I see in this game is that we find ourselves restricted to a wide range of only damage dealing abilities, making the fights all centered around doing damage directly with spells. The idea present in this page, one of the oldest version of Sadida sounds interesting but not completely balanced, but it has some interesting points. Take for instance the doll spells being elemental, it occupies an important branch slot, but by making a doll elemental the doll damage is going to rise with the spell level, which means that you do not need to have a high mastery to summon this doll to be efficient, you must have levelled it, which bring build choice options, diversifying the gameplay.

Like if, the level of Greedy was based in the spell used to summon it. That would make Vaporize, for example, worth it. Of course the doll would have to be buffed, otherwise we would just be nerfed with a change like this. But this is just a thought, not suggesting them to make it.

The way dolls are distributed, however, makes sense. The water dolls (all of them) are support oriented, while the air dolls are attack type dolls and the Earth ones are defense dolls.

Click here

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - May 13, 2014, 14:18:50.
posté May 13, 2014, 14:29:45 | #30
The reason why dolls are not set in elemental branch is the same as to why we should not make "trees" summoned like that. Not only it will remove slots for spells but it will also make us in need to max those spells leaving us with no options to choose our spells at will. Currently i can decide if i want to level rust, drain and mudoll or perhaps sadida's tear instead of rust. With the changes to spells being responsible for direct summon we would end up having sadida with just those spells that need summoning to be maxed and other spells, the attacking ones, would not be leveled, just like vaporize now is not being leveled.

The seed-summoning give us an option to level spells at will, however there are still spells that have no much use when we level them, wich should be improved not changed to worse by making us not level even more spells.

I like the idea of cumulative sic;em more that make doll "upgrade" if we use it on doll more then once. However instead of making dolls into ultrapowerful dolls i think they should all have their individual "upgraded" forms. They could grow bigger and madder. This way we could have cheap dolls summoned or with 2 ap cost more making them more bulky and stronger. I don't know how this would turn out to be though as i am afraid that it would could be stronger then osa with 2 summons and i don't think anyone would want that overpowered version.

posté May 13, 2014, 17:24:35 | #31
The idea of making every doll have their own ultra powerful version is interesting but difficult to balance and require a lot of work . Maybe if there was a limit in the number of Ultra Powerfuls out in a fight, they'd get balanced.

I am not talking necessarily about a doll that deals tons of damage, I am still with the old idea of grabbing allies and enemies with a doll, hence why it is ultra powerful.

Just a thought.

Sic'em More:
2 AP, 1 to 6 range, no los.
Applies Nettled +1(10).
Nettled: +1 AP every 5 levels, +10% damage per level, +1 MP every 5 levels. Applies Bulk Grow state.
If a doll with Bulk Grow state is nettled again, it is transformed into an Ultra Powerful.

Therefore, considering they fix the AP needed to summon a doll to 3, it costs 7 AP to summon an Ultra Powerful which is limited by one out at time.

Suggestion for the look: stuffed grape leaf look with a blue cape equipped. (current look + cape).

The Ultra Powerful
6 AP, 4 MP.
40% of Sadida's HP
Same resistances as the Sadida.
Same elemental mastery as the Sadida.
The only standard controlled doll.
Limited to 1 summon at a time.

Spells:
  • Lift up: close combat spell that carries a target and all damage received goes to the doll. 1 AP.
  • Lift down: puts the target down, 1 range only. 1 AP.
  • Ultra Punch: deals Earth damage to the target and pushes back 1 square, 4 AP. 45 earth damage at 100.
  • Ultra Heal: heals all allies in map, 1 per turn, water healing, 2 AP. 15 healing at 100.
  • Ultra Fart: deals air damage and increases all applied poisons by +1 +10 +20, 4 AP. 40 air damage at 100. 2 to 6 range.
  • Flight: moves to the targeted cell, from 1 to 4 range, 2 AP. Can fly while carrying someone.
  • Sacrifice: same spell as Sacrificial Doll, but with chromatic damage.
  • Resilient Aura: increases the defense of all dolls inside the aura by 0 25 50%. Circle size 2.

This doll would not be too strong like an Osamodas Summon, but it would be versatile and very helpful for both allies and dolls. You can lift up a Block and put it right next to an enemy with flight or simply move an enemy to a place crowded with dolls. The sacrifice spell would be quite powerful, but since the doll costs 7 AP, you would only probably use it when it's close to death and there's no way back.
The Ultra Heal healing is extremely low but it heals all allies in map, which can be useful when you have lots of dolls around.

What do you think? That would be a quite fun doll that extends our flexbility to the maximum XD
However, to be strong like that it must have a limitation of one UP in a fight, you cannot have 2 or 3 summoned.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - May 13, 2014, 17:24:54.
posté May 13, 2014, 18:58:19 | #32
Your idea reminds me too much of a gobgob gameplay.

On side note i realised that brambly armor act as if someoen was "carried" just that we need to remove the brambles around them to attack them instead of killing something under them. Propably thats why we don't need/won't get such doll....

posté May 17, 2014, 02:49:05 | #33

Well, I made a new suggestion without Trees, I did some changes on the spells I think that need to be changed. Not a big revamp, I only tried to make the class better.

• All AP invested to activate a seed is refunded.
  • Totem doesnt cost control.
  • Earthquake has a limitation of one per epicenter per turn (forgot to edit that).
  • When a Vodoo Link is estabilished to a new target, the effect is removed from the previous target.
  • Vodoo Redirects allies effects to enemies/allies. The resistance taken into consideration is enemy resist (for damage purpose). Enemies can attack Totem and make it lose HP, and the resist taken into consideration then will be totem's.
  • No Loop effect with explodoll, it triggers once per doll.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - May 17, 2014, 12:46:48.
posté May 17, 2014, 11:14:30 | #34
If totem has resist or even part of sadida resist only, then people will equip self with no or close to no resist to make UB's, fecas and basically anyone with pathetic res thru totem.

As long as i like the idea to make dolls "still life" when they die by turning them to sacrificial dolls, i think it may be good only on lower level content and in pve only. Sure in pvp it will make enemy in need to waste more ap's to clear that cell but will make no explosion appear at all, wich i don't think is good. Besides it might lead to neverending turning to sacrificial from sacrificial from sacrificial.... etc.

Lone Sadida still doesnt make us have better shields when we use dolls, so i am not a big fan of it no matter how you change the way it increase.

Voodoll link is actually nice idea but does it start its range with 1 or 0? You only mention the furthest range.

I don't want to be unable to place voodoll/totem in cell that would block path. Thats the whole point of placing seeds/dolls/voodoll in such places. If enemy can kill totem by attacking it just like now, then it would be ok to make it block the path as enemy can get rid of it. The only problem we had with totem was that enemy couldnt remove it from place that blocked path, not the fact that it blocked it.

You've changed Earthquake's "powerful but not accurate" concept into "yet another spell with obvious cost and average/low dmg that you can target where it hit". Do not ruin Earthquake like that.

RD- at first i thought you mean that attacking enemy make dolls loose resist - pointless. Then i realised you might have something else in mind - a new stat that make enemy more vulnerable to dolls dmg aka resist to CMC dmg that here got decreased on enemy - whats the difference between increasing dolls dmg other then that only 1 target would receive more dmg from dolls instead of any target any doll hit? For me its bad change. I appreaciate that you changed range to 1-4 on it, still i wish for it to have 0-4 range as the only aoe we have when we are surrounded is Gust and it pushes away so we can't repeatadly use it like that (and manifold bramble is distant aoe).

I don't know what to think about vaporize. Its not bad, not best either ad quite confusing on why it would work this way on voodoll when it healed the ally normally. Considering doll being an ally too does it mean doll have heal and the AP or just the AP?

Bramble barrier idea is clearly taken from feca spells. But i must say i like it so ... why not? Just that the amount of barrier/shield is very low. For 3AP 1MP the enemy can deal ~58+ dmg and these shields will reduce it by half only, wich means we wasted half of our ap's. Looking at shields given by feca you can see it can deal dmg with earth spell AND make decent shield on self in same time. Hence why i would like to make sadida shields stronger as they inflict close to no dmg in return to the attacker.

The cost on seeds seems to be too high - osa can still deal more dmg per turn with those 3 AP's being used to summon creature. Maybe i could deal with it if Sadida would have some sort of protection like Doll Link giving the dmg that sadida would receive to DOLLS and/or voodoll - for the sake of withstanging for the few turns of doing less dmg when we make dolls. But you removed it completly instead as if ignoring Sadida needs. I don;t think lethargic need more air resist then other dolls, same for every other doll - are you going to use lethargic to tank air dmg instead of a blocker or greedy? I doubt that. Hence why all dolls need the same resist so we won't choose the doll by their resist but by what it do.

Everything else is questionable but you did better with suggestions this time.

posté May 17, 2014, 12:35:15 | #35
***Forgot to say that totem redirects the damage to the enemy, taking into consideration the enemy resist. No HP is lost through redirection and enemies can attack the totem!

Sacri Doll

The loop effect, it should not trigger with another existing Sacrificial Doll. Forgot to take that into consideration. And I think explodoll like that has an interesting drawback, which is not really a drawback, the enemy will waste AP killing the Sacri doll.

Voodoll again

About Voodool, I forgot to list important stuff, I will be updating the post soon!
And the Vodoo Link, it starts with 1 to 2 range (when I say 2 it means 1 to 2, when a spell has limited range I usually post it 2 to X . I usually do like 1 to X range, but sometimes I do it differently and I didn't even notice, sorry XD

Earthquake

Earthquake is an example that different stuff is not necessarily good, that is why I changed it to that. A simple and precise spell. This new version would be useful with blocks and maddolls :3

Rust
About Rust, it was a typo. The enemy becomes weakened against dolls, and it's good because we can attack an enemy and make it more vulnerable to dolls, instead of buffing dolls with an area of effect spell. I think that a whip version would not work because whip buff all summons, but not as much as Boohowl, having rust working like that means lower damage bonus

Vaporize
Kikui, if you take a look at Vodooll, it has an ally and a doll icon on the healing effect. The healing effect of Vaporize only works on allies and the AP gain only on dolls, but I was thinking about changing that. I mean, with vaporize it would be possible to give a doll 10 AP, 12 with sic'em more, not sure if it's too strong XD

Resistances
About the resists, I did not make them to tank, I made them to match their element, just like now (slightly buffed versions). Block still has the highest resist ration and the same for all elements, because it's a block XD

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - May 17, 2014, 12:49:10.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté May 26, 2014, 17:07:00 | #36
Hello everyone!

I really like this idea, I wouldn't mind getting rid of maddol and lethargic in place of 2 trees.

I agree with Kikui that we do not need many nerfs to get things going, since we have so many already hiding in the cracks.

If we had more unity in our spells, support and buffs combinations then it wouldnt be so bad. but as it is we are either half this or half that so nerfs aren't really justified. (imo)

I do think Sadida's will eventually get stronger with the next updates, and they are thinking of us (they even made a new multimen from a Doll! can't wait to get it!).

Anyway, I am digressing, thank you Nidhog for posting your ideas I really like them.

Hopefully our tree, and any extra trees we may get will be useful (support spells for team support argument). If not then give us damage potential

Cheers

posté May 26, 2014, 19:28:58 | #37
These are a few isolated ideas I had, not going to talk about support skills yet but I wouldn't get too far from what I have already posted.

I made the earth branch a complete MP drain build. All spells have MP related effects.
Aggressive Bramble would become the fith spell and the strongest.

The water branch can buff allies as well as dolls now and I revamped some of the poison effects on air branch, making it more reliable on dolls.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - May 26, 2014, 19:32:23.
posté May 26, 2014, 21:01:00 | #38
Why you nerf rust even more? I seriously don't get it.

posté May 26, 2014, 21:13:30 | #39
@Kikuihimonji

AP reduced to 4.

In fact, I think that if the AP was reduced to 4 and the damage of the current cost was maintained it would be fair and balanced.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - May 26, 2014, 21:57:42.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté May 26, 2014, 22:10:55 | #40
The problem I have with rust is that it doesn't give +water damage to the seed (greedy) when you use it on seed to summon them.

I never understood why they had to make you wait an extra turn for rust to work