Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Gobgob, Neutral damage and Heals.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté November 15, 2013, 15:44:13 | #1
Gobgob, Neutral damage and Heals. Dear GobGob Osa's,

I have been one of the rarer breeds of dragons on remington since launch: The Earth Dragon. Since they revamped the GobGob, i have always opted to spec into the GobGob specialties and passives to add to my flexibility.

I would use my GobGob to occiasonally heal or buff allies at the start of a battle, countless of times it has saved my life.

I started using my earth Osa lately as a secondary healer in Magmog lately (I have multiple accounts and lack a second Eni). It works out fine as the main healer is very well well geared and buffing the DD's with 2ap each really helps out with the already incredible damage of our team.

Now to my main point.

My question is if anyone has ever tested if neutral damage increases heals for the GobGob. Some might jump to the conclusion that general/neutral damage never increases heals. I would like to point out that GobGob mechanics might work differently.

Earth damage is transformed into water damage directly. The GobGob has 100% of the osa's earth damage in water damage. If neutral damage increases heals for the GobGob it would mean that Osa's are one of the only classes that can use neutral damage for heals.

TL;DR:
Does neutral damage increase GobGob heals or not.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-15
posté November 15, 2013, 15:55:38 | #2
The higher your earth damage, the more your gobgob can heal, so it goes without saying that your gobgobs heals are affected by general damage since all that matters is your osamodas whips Strength mastery.

I could be wrong though I guess...some one tell me I am wrong, I need it~. '3'

--Frey Haakon Erich

posté November 15, 2013, 17:06:13 | #3

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 15 November 2013 15:55) *
The higher your earth damage, the more your gobgob can heal, so it goes without saying that your gobgobs heals are affected by general damage since all that matters is your osamodas whips Strength mastery.

I could be wrong though I guess...some one tell me I am wrong, I need it~. '3'

--Frey Haakon Erich

It doesn't go without saying that gobgob heals are affected by general damage since (If i am not mistaken) no other class can make use of general damage for healing.

For example, an Eni with 600% water damage, of which 200% is neutral damage, would only heal with 400% water damage. (Excluding +%Heals).

I guess i am going to test this personally to be able to confirm this.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-06-26
posté November 15, 2013, 21:15:13 | #4
Managed to confirm it personally. Good to know  

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-23
posté November 16, 2013, 05:21:21 | #5
This is relevant to my interests.

I am leveling a str osamoda and was wondering If I would need to rely exclusively on raw earth damage equipment.

Once it gets enough levels to make a clear test I will try to do it: use the healing with the naked character, and then equip "all damages" gear and test the same heal again, to check if the values change or not.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-04-19
posté November 16, 2013, 11:20:31 | #6
It's really easy to confirm, just wear general damage gear and watch your gobgobs water damage increase. this should be proof enough since summons and npc monsters lack the concept of a "general damage" stat. But just in case i tested the gobgobs heal with and without general damage and the difference is quite noticable.

posté November 18, 2013, 10:59:25 | #7
Indeed, i confirmed this by making my gobgob heal a target with 0 healresist. Once with my bloodthirsty equipped, once without it. The 36% neutral damage quite noticeably improved my heals.

I wish ankama would make the gobgob more mobile and fix some of its flaws, it could really have been a good offhealer.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté December 04, 2013, 00:32:26 | #8
Hmm, makes me want to make an omni dragonXD