Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Help! New Osa Player... so confused. :'( -___-, I have no idea where to put points I earn per level!
posté November 27, 2013, 23:09:58 | #1
Help! New Osa Player... so confused. :'( -___- Hi everyone,

I just picked up Wakfu today! I have been looking at all the posts, and I am SO confused:

For Osamodas:

1) At first everyone said dump all points into Int.

2) Then I read that putting all points into chance would get more rare items!

3) But then people said that in order to do the most damage with Air Dragon, I need to build crit.

4) BUT THEN everyone says Agility is where I'm supposed to put it all!!

Can someone please clarify the correct route for great dps on Air Osamodas?

- And by this I mean, please tell me where to put points and when! -

Thank you thank you thank you

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-10-31
posté November 28, 2013, 07:52:45 | #2
And then other people tell their newbies to put everything into AP and MP, so you're basically just saving up points during the first 70/80 levels  

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté November 29, 2013, 15:08:58 | #3

Quote (Boxleitner @ 27 November 2013 23:09) *
Hi everyone,

I just picked up Wakfu today! I have been looking at all the posts, and I am SO confused:

For Osamodas:

1) At first everyone said dump all points into Int.

2) Then I read that putting all points into chance would get more rare items!

3) But then people said that in order to do the most damage with Air Dragon, I need to build crit.

4) BUT THEN everyone says Agility is where I'm supposed to put it all!!

Can someone please clarify the correct route for great dps on Air Osamodas?

- And by this I mean, please tell me where to put points and when! -

Thank you thank you thank you
'3'

okay~Ohaithar Boxle. Welcome to the wakfu community~

That's a fancy list you've got, so let me verify some things for you, kay?

1) dumping points into intelligence? That will boost your fire damage and resists, I'll explain the fire builds to you if you ask me to, but just sit back and relax for now.

2) The chance thing is a flat out lie...who have you been talking with so I can feed their tongue to my gobgob? *A* Chance is a water damage and resist boosting stat so it will have no place in your osamodas' build~

3) and 4) The Air dragon thing is just a preference really. Building into crit is very beneficial with how weak the base damage is for your air moves, however building up agility to boost your air damage is just as good if not better. Although with the active critical synergy and the passive that boosts your critical hit damage, your osamodas will be criting allot. I'd say do both but there just isn't enough points for that. It's a conversation for another segment.

With all that said may I ask why you want to be an air osamodas? They are incredible strong, this is true...but they only have one actual attacking move..if you want to just use two spells for the rest of forever then I guess it's the build for you (bwork trump and whip)... with that said, it is the easiest build an osamodas can make since you don't have to choose between passives and actives.
Those spells are:

• gobgob- you should max this because you want to become a dragon in the fastest amount of time possible. To do that you need to summon your gobgob for as little cost possible. Maxing this spell is a good idea.

• symbiosa- This is your bread and butter~ your gobgob gives you a very intimate deep kiss and the two of you merge as your bodies intertwine and convulse...a baby is born some time later and that baby is your dragonic form. Maxing this spell is a high priority~

• critical synergy- This is not really needed, but it helps give you a generous 20% boost to your critical hit rate. Honestly speaking this spell alone is a reason to build into critical hits rather than agility, strength, or intelligence.

• Osamodas blessing- Aside from being a multi-summoner builds best friend, it actually helps out dragon odamodas too~ It can give you bonus critical hit damage in your dragonic form, isn't that lovely? Another reason to go for a crit build...but again, why not damage and crit...well you'd never be able to have the best of both ...just the compromise between the two.

• phoenix spirit- This is an optional thing~ but many will swear by it. At max, in your dragon form, you will come back to life after dying once at a 100% rate...at 20% of your health.

That however is a staple to every dragon build. Meaning that you could make an earth dragon, fire dragon or air dragon osamodas. The fire and earth osamodas have far more steady damage output as they do not have to really rely too much on criting but it always helps. Air excels with critical hit damage Though all the branches are amazing with a crit build.

As you level up you should probably save your points...I find that we osamodas really benefit from additional boosts to movement points, range, and basic stats like dodge or critical hits and initiative. You could save up for an Ap, and probably should, but your gear options down the line will equip you with stats like action points.

With that in mind, you should create builds with your equipment in mind... Not with your equipment... don't confuse the two~ Take a look at all your options available ahead of time so that you don't end up buying a restat scroll or grinding for silly materials in that awful restat quest. If you cater your build to your equipment as you progress, you are just asking for frustration.

There is a nice site called Wakfu Elements. Give its set builder a look see and view all the air gear available in the game to you at this present time.

If you'd like information on other builds I'll be happy to give you some kind of "advice". There are way stronger and far more efficient osamodas out there who can give you way more information than my measly grit. But I'll give my share of info if you need it.

Welcome to the world of twelve~

--Frey Haakon Erich

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - November 29, 2013, 15:40:37.
Reason for edit : because I am frey haakon erich, what about it~?
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-11-27
posté November 29, 2013, 20:08:02 | #4
Thank you Christian!!!

As you can see, I wasn't just trolling or joking; I really needed guidance.

Well, now that you say so, I wanted to play Osa because I thought it would allow me to summon numerous different little cute creatures to the battlefield! I don't know anything about WakFu at all, so maybe this was me dreaming?

I am looking into making a Chance... Entro? Now?

What is a good class to play that is fun and versatile?

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté November 29, 2013, 21:44:32 | #5

Quote (Mequias @ 29 November 2013 20:08) *
Thank you Christian!!!

As you can see, I wasn't just trolling or joking; I really needed guidance.

Well, now that you say so, I wanted to play Osa because I thought it would allow me to summon numerous different little cute creatures to the battlefield! I don't know anything about WakFu at all, so maybe this was me dreaming?

I am looking into making a Chance... Entro? Now?

What is a good class to play that is fun and versatile?
anytime~

With a summon osamodas there are many other options and choices you can make, but it looks like you want to make a chance enutrof now? Well the enutrof class section is probably your best bet if you are looking for advice for enutrof.

Honestly you'll find that every class, except for a select few builds, are fun and versatile. Especially if you hybridize your character and focus on two spell branches. I actually find the pandawa class to be the perfect mix of business and pleasure. Useful all throughout the game and a blast to use in any content.

Summon osamodas is a class that has the potential to be versatile but with the direction summons seem to be taking late into the game, you'll find that they get watered down to being more focused on damage dealing than anything else. Early summons could be fun for you, I suggest poking around the osa thread some more to pick up tips here or there.

I'll discuss other osamodas builds since you are allowed to make 5 characters in this game and I think you'd like to use the summoner. I have to say though, you might not like the scarcity in control available to you as the range of gear is wide and far from each other early on. Not too far though.

The draw back to multiple summoner osamodas is that the artificial intelligence in this game for players summons is mediocre or even awful. You have an option with possession to control up to only one targeted summon, but a multi summoner is leaving things up to luck or fate if they want to entrust the future results of their battle to their uncontrolled summons.

On the flip side there is a summoner class in sadidas that can summon up to 6 little dolls. The obvious drawback here is that they are dolls. They lack the bulk and damage of normal summons in the case of osamodas, so I don't know if you'd like to utilize that class as it is more of a support style when their dolls are involved. The dolls take up space, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Anyway~ I guess I'll go ahead and tell you some basic things about summon osamodas other than the negatives...like information~

You'll want to level up your spells:

• gobgob- Whether or not you want to upgrade this little gem for a summoner build past a certian point is up to you. For a multi summoner I say you should max it. Either way this is the spell you use to capture creatures and it's the spell that decides how many creature slots you can have in your gobgob tab ( neat little thing just for osamodas whips~)

• gob-up- This spell should be maxed if you like summoning things for only 3ap and at a range that isn't right next to you.

• Osamodas Blessing- This spell is your best friend if you are a multiple creature summoner. It's mechanics are a bit oddly worded but it basically works like this:

Billy is an Osamodas... Billy has 1 leadership.... poor billy is sad because that means he can only summon one creature... look at poor sad billy.

Now look at billy he is level 5, he is so cute in his wodent gear. Being level 5 means that billy can only catch creatures that are level 5 or lower.

If billy wants to summon more than one creature, how much leadership does little billy need? Obviously more than one. But billy is still level 5... billy can only summon creatures that are level 1-5... why is that?

Our lord osamodas doesn't want us to become too powerful and think we do not respect our command of all beasts in land air or sea. So we can use as many summons under our control as we want...but only if they do not exceed our level.

That means little billy at level 5 can summon 2 level 1-2 creatures if he somehow gets 2 control points. This is because if you have one level 2 creature and one level 1 creature on the field at the same time, their total levels are 3. So long as billy is higher than or equal to level 3, he can control those creatures.

Now look at billy, he is level 10 and he has found a lovely new toy called a pilgrims staff. The pilgrims staff gives him 1 control point. Look at how happy billy is. Being level 10 with 2 control points allows billy to summon 2 level 1-5 creatures. Aw but I thought billy could summon more creatures? No no, that is not true.

Billy still can only control as many summons as he has control points. So even if billy is high enough to summon 10 level 1 creatures at level 10 he can only summon 2 creatures on the field in his control at a time if he has 2 control points. If billy had 10 control points he could summon 10 level 1 creatures...

One day billy grew up... let's call him William. William is level 100 and he has 6 control points and his passive Osamodas blessing is maxed.

What does Osamodas blessing even do you may ask? Well lets look at Williams control points again shall we? William has 6 control points. This means he can summon 6 creatures in total.

William is level 100 now though, and he now has 4 summons all level 80. This means billy can only summon 1 creature since he can not control summons whose total levels are greater than his. If William summoned 2 level 80 summons their levels would total to 160... that's higher than William, who is 100. But wait... William has maxed the passive for Osamodas blessing.

The god Osamodas takes pity on the young whip and gives him his graceful blessing.

Now for every control point William has (6), it adds 10 Respect point levels to William
(6 control x 10 osamodas blessing = 60 respect points). So William who is level 100 is now seen with admiration from all his summons and they view him as if he was level 160. Now William can summon two level 80 creatures even though he is only level 100. Or he can summon 4 level 40 creatures...but William is level 100 now and has no need for such tiny little baby summons in the areas that he is now venturing in. Let us wish young William luck in his future endeavors.

I hope that brief example has shown you that multiple summoner osamodas heavily relies on control points. The more you have, the greater things you can do down the line.
  • Possession- Depending on your build you may or may not want to put points into this spell~ I think it is worth it to have this maxed no matter what style of summoner you are. Summons are just too derpy without it.

• Animal Guard- Your summons, for whatever reason, feel conviction towards their captor and come to your aide when you are being pummeled. They gain the power and force of a thousand mooflies and fly to your rescue. It's more of a mind game to have this maxed than anything else. Your opponents will have to choose the best times to attack you directly without invoking the wrath of your protectors.

• Phoenix Spirit- Out side of dragonic form this spells can make your poor unfortunate summons come back to life (at a 40% rate). This can be a very clinch moment spell since they come back at their full health. Even though it is a voluntary alternate option spell, I suggest maxing it if you are going to level it at all. Though it could potentially be just fine at level 10 where they would only return to life 20% of the time.

• Prespic Hair- Even though you cannot capture a prespic, doesn't mean you can't make your summons act like one. Now with the new affinity for these prickly critters your summons take arms against their attackers and show them their abrasive side. At max your summons can cause your opponents to take recoil damage from attacks used against your summons. Up to 20% damage from your opponents attacks on your summons will be redirected to their attackers.

Now then, summoner builds focus on the Intelligence (fire) branch. All your fire spells focus on aoe damages and summoning buffs. The air (agility) branches staple move whip, also benefits your summons.

You get on your sadistic side and show your critters the meaning of Bdsm with the whip spell. With a crack on the back they fight fight fight, they're gonna march all day all day all day~...where there's a whip, there's a way.

It boosts your summons damages. Not only that but it boosts all your summons damages if you only hit one of your summons with it. This move is a multiple summoners go to spell for when your creatures are not close together or near the enemy.

Back to the fire branch, howl is your go to melee summon damage boosting move~ when your summons are in your opponents tackle zone you can unleash this beastly war cry and if used right you can boost multiple creatures at once and hurt the enemy who's close enough to your summons. Howl gives a greater boost to damage than whip, but whip doesn't need a clunky area of affect to give all your summons a good boost.

The other spells available to you from the air branch that you could make use of is just Scaraleaf Wing. Just use it to add a pinch of damage to the mix. Though I could personally live without it.

If you do take up whip then I suggest dropping one of your fire spells for it since gurgling and croaks affects are not that great at all in the fire branch, though their damages are good. So your elemental spell choices spells would probably end up being boohowl, mooing, magpie, whip, and scaraleaf wing. If you don't care for scaraleaf wing than keep croak or gurgling.

For stat point management, I suggest always trying to stat for a range point and an movement point. These two points come in handy more than anything else. I don't find most control based gear to be bulky so block might come in handy to reduce damage done to you, but as always you'll find initiative something to consider pointing points into.

You'll find that an ap does help you preform combos sooner, as it always does. That can really be a needed thing... so in these rare moments I'd actually suggest stating an action point until you can get the gear to compensate for the points and then try to restat.

I know it kinda goes against what I said about building with gear in mind, not with your gear; but in this case if you want to be faster in how you approach battles per turn, an ap is very much needed for this builds set up.

Also, the summoner build doesn't rely on it, but stating critical hits is very beneficial for your damage boosting spells whip and boohowl as the boosts are greater if you land a critical hit. Crit builds seem to win niche builds in the osamodas whips gameplay.

I hope this answers a few questions for you, and again, if you need me to clarify anything feel free to ask. Sure wish a more successful osamodas would chime in to give their bit of wisdom. I'd hate for you not to get all the information you could possibly get. '3'

--Frey Haakon Erich

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - November 29, 2013, 21:58:47.
Reason for edit : because I am frey haakon erich, what about it~?