Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Iop Hybridization Theorycrafting
Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté July 28, 2013, 22:26:46 | #1
Iop Hybridization Theorycrafting For personal future reference. All 12 AP builds.

Air/Earth (Personal Choice)
- Jabs/Gutting Gust/Rocknoceros/Devastate
- Jabs/Shaker/Rocknoceros/Devastate
• , Vampyro Set, Inflatable Set, Dragon Pig Set, Empelol Set

Fire/Earth
- Thunderbolt/Judgment/Shaker/Devastate
- Judgment/Iop's Wrath/Shaker/Rocknoceros
• Vampyro Set, Moowolf Set, Magmog Set, Emiw Set

Fire/Air
- Jabs/Gutting Gust/Thunderbolt/Judgment
- Jabs/Thunderbolt/Judgment/Iop's Wrath
• Vampyro Set, White Crow Set, Mecha Set, Zwombbit Set, Wa Wabbit Set

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - October 04, 2013, 18:27:45.
Reason for edit : Update
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté July 31, 2013, 07:15:32 | #2
Initial results of personal choice. Opted out of Grou's Axe to have Hushed Scepter as air AoE attack option and Bloodthirsty as earth HP drain option.

Extremely fun build where two elements compliment one another's flaws. Hoping to hear back from someone who contacted me who was trying earth/fire in this thread.

Side-note: While Jump makes up for not having that 6th MP, getting it back is pretty important. I forgot how gimping 5 MP was for someone who uses earth spells. I was tempted to take Flatten, but Defensive Stance in the end appealed and synergized more with this build.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - October 03, 2013, 07:15:40.
Reason for edit : Removed picture.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 31, 2013, 16:04:46 | #3
What are you gaining with a 12AP build here? Is this a PvP, PvE build, or both? Maybe it's designed to pair up with your Xelor?

I've gone Earth/Fire at 10/4. None of my main spells use MP. Shaker, Rock, Super Iop, Wrath. I've never had trouble finding targets in range. If i feel a need for 5MP i just use another BP or get assistance from allies.

Downside is I can't supplement my damage with air like you can. I don't have the gear to make Earth/Air work at a level i'd be happy with. My build only gives me a second element to use when needed and takes advantage of the gear I have available.

I'm not sold on Super Iop yet and I don't like Judgement much either. Thoughts?

I'll try to post a Screenshot after work.

posté July 31, 2013, 20:44:01 | #4

Quote (Gynrei @ 31 July 2013 16:04) *
What are you gaining with a 12AP build here? Is this a PvP, PvE build, or both? Maybe it's designed to pair up with your Xelor?

I've gone Earth/Fire at 10/4. None of my main spells use MP. Shaker, Rock, Super Iop, Wrath. I've never had trouble finding targets in range. If i feel a need for 5MP i just use another BP or get assistance from allies.

Downside is I can't supplement my damage with air like you can. I don't have the gear to make Earth/Air work at a level i'd be happy with. My build only gives me a second element to use when needed and takes advantage of the gear I have available.

I'm not sold on Super Iop yet and I don't like Judgement much either. Thoughts?

I'll try to post a Screenshot after work.

The final build is 12/6 whenever I can obtain a Gelano and drop the Satisfaction Ring. It's both a PvP and a PvM build. 12 AP allows you to do a lot of things.

- It lets you Jabs six times, for very solid air damage. Or five times, and Defensive Stance (I jump up to 75 Block).
- It lets you Jump out and Rocknoceros twice, or Devastate twice (this one is great for squeezing between enemies).
- It lets you Rocknoceros twice or Devastate twice, followed by Defensive Stance.
- It lets you use weapons three or four times (depending on AP cost). Extremely awesome in Magmog for quad water stab with Hagen Daggerz since Magmog cannot reflect weapon attacks.

If you were a mono build I would not suggest it, but it synergizes so extremely nicely with hybrid builds it's kind of uncanny how great it works out. The only thing I'm hoping for is for a strong air hand-class weapon to be released in the near future. I love hands, and 12 AP lets you toss them twice.

As for earth/fire, I looked into it a bunch and I think it works out well. I'm surprised you're 10/4. What breastplate are you using? It sounds like you need to run Sylargh Dungeon. Super Iop Punch isn't that great of an attack. You have a spell that doesn't synergize well with its own element (Iop's Wrath) for your current amount of AP. That's why I advise Thunderbolt or Judgment to be paired with it. But I wouldn't use Judgment with anything less than either 12 AP or 5 MP (at least have one or the other).

Iop spells fit very nicely into 12 AP builds. Their specialties and skills have a huge amount of combinations that can work really well. You have to choose the niché that you want to fit in. You have strong single target earth damage, a non-LoS ranged earth attack, a gap-closing attack (not very practical in my own personal opinion) and a strong AoE fire attack. It's a mix bag of skills.

Me personally if I were earth/fire would take Shaker, Devastate, Judgment, Iop's Wrath in a 12 AP build. That would let me triple Shaker, triple Judgment, Jump + double Devastate (since the AoE is harder than Iop's Wrath to work with), or double Iop's Wrath. Strong CC damage in either element, and good AoE damage in either element. Maybe swap out Shaker for Rocknoceros and use Devastate exclusively for CC damage (and have enough AP left over to Defensive Stance) but you can stun easily with Increase anyways. Just depends if you want a stronger CC or a ranged non-LoS option.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - July 31, 2013, 22:37:33.
Reason for edit : Typo.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-01-17
posté July 31, 2013, 23:34:13 | #5
Hey Mango. Prometheous here. I'm the guy who contacted you to inquire about possible Iop hybridization.
Unfortunately for me I rushed into the training room before taking my Moowolf set out of my haven bag so I couldn't really test what I had in mind.

I was going for 10/5 playing on Judgment/Wrath/Shaker/Rocknoceros and maybe swap Shaker with Devastate, I still haven't made my mind on that. Fire provides the AoE and Earth provides the high single target damage. Was planning to use full Magmog, 3 Moowolf pieces, Vampyro Belt, Sylargh's Breastplate and a Grou's Axe. Pulling 12/5 seemed a bit difficult for me since it's quite unlikely that I'd get a Gelano.

I calculated my damage hypothetically on paper and I would have got over the brink of 450% in both elements (All bonuses included). Not taking into account Power of course. I don't know if that would have been good enough though.

This post has been edited by Khaled-Jaber - August 01, 2013, 00:19:12.
posté August 01, 2013, 00:48:31 | #6
I don't like judgement since it uses mp but none of the other spells will see much use given my options. Grou's axe has risen in value imo now that res is easier to come by. I'll leave that toy on my Xelor.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-06-02
posté August 05, 2013, 11:50:08 | #7
I've always wondered, is Earth/Fire really worth it? Air and another element works really well because regardless of how much AP you have left over you always have the option to throw in a free Gutting Gust or Uppercut. How exactly does Fire and Earth combo together however? I always imagined that each turn you would only ever use one particular element and then maybe next turn switch to a different element if the situation calls for it. I mean, would there ever be a need to use a Earth and Fire spell both on the same turn?

If I'm right there, it seems as if Fire and Earth don't combo together at all... Though I haven't tried it so of course I'm only speaking what I think and could be very wrong. Despite the lack of combos, a few advantages I see is the easy access to Fire/Earth gear compared to Air/Earth as well as the ability to swap to a different set of spells against opponents with high resists to a certain element and still deal incredible damage. What is everyone elses opinion on this?

The Sinister Six * Member Since 2011-01-29
posté August 05, 2013, 23:37:34 | #8

Quote (Shinzyy @ 05 August 2013 11:50) *
I've always wondered, is Earth/Fire really worth it? Air and another element works really well because regardless of how much AP you have left over you always have the option to throw in a free Gutting Gust or Uppercut. How exactly does Fire and Earth combo together however? I always imagined that each turn you would only ever use one particular element and then maybe next turn switch to a different element if the situation calls for it. I mean, would there ever be a need to use a Earth and Fire spell both on the same turn?

If I'm right there, it seems as if Fire and Earth don't combo together at all... Though I haven't tried it so of course I'm only speaking what I think and could be very wrong. Despite the lack of combos, a few advantages I see is the easy access to Fire/Earth gear compared to Air/Earth as well as the ability to swap to a different set of spells against opponents with high resists to a certain element and still deal incredible damage. What is everyone elses opinion on this?
Depending on the spells Fire and earth can get some good damages per turn. I had an idea for a 10 ap TB then CS, Shaker. A lot of good combos come out with 12 ap because of all the 3 and 4 ap spells. Taking advantage of Scalding and MP drain could put you at an advantage over a lot of solo element builds.

This post has been edited by AK17 - August 07, 2013, 07:44:52.
posté August 06, 2013, 16:58:50 | #9

Quote (Shinzyy @ 05 August 2013 11:50) *

If I'm right there, it seems as if Fire and Earth don't combo together at all... Though I haven't tried it so of course I'm only speaking what I think and could be very wrong.

Fire and Earth do not really combo together like Air/whatever. If you want to increase your overall base dmg, Air should be one of your main elements.

Fire/Earth is a way to increase my options (Mango broke that down well in the OP), resistance and optimize my spell exp better than going single element.

Because of the way spell exp works now, maxing my first two spells in a branch is where I get the majority of my elemental dmg/res. The co-efficient on the first two spells total 0.65. The third highest spell in the same branch is only 0.05. So maximizing a third spell does almost nothing for my dmg/res.

As pure Earth i could choose Rock for the ranged option, devastate for the AoE, and shaker for CC. This might get me 105% or so dmg from spell exp.

By focusing on only two maxed spells for for Earth, I can max another two spells in a second branch. I still get Rock as my ranged option and Shaker for CC. I now have two AoE options with Wrath and Judgement.

My Earth elemental dmg/res bonus goes down to 95% with Fire at 85%. I sacrifice 10% Earth dmg for a much larger gain with Fire. Instead of spending my remaining spell exp on a co-efficient of 0.05 for that third Earth spell, i'm spending it on the first two Fire spells with 0.3 and then a 0.35 co-efficient.

Despite the lack of combos, a few advantages I see is the easy access to Fire/Earth gear compared to Air/Earth as well as the ability to swap to a different set of spells against opponents with high resists to a certain element and still deal incredible damage. What is everyone elses opinion on this?

Exactly. I have good Fire/Earth gear. I have no multi-element gear that includes Air. I also have the option to maximize one element only if i choose to. So when I fight Magmog, I simple put on the best gear to increase my Earth dmg output. If I'm killing Zerkers, I slap on the Fire set.

I hope I made this post somewhat clear. It was very hard to keep this post short.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-12-17
posté August 11, 2013, 00:50:15 | #10
Intuitively it seems bad to sink so much XP in to air just for jabs and gutting gust.
For example if you changed Jabs/Gutting Gust/Rocknoceros/Devastate to Impact/Rocknoceros/Devastate the combo would cost 12/1/0 instead of 12/2/0, would have less damage (13% less at your level), but you would certainly gain more than that from sinking XP in to the earth tree.

Shaker/Shaker/Shaker will probably out-DPT anything except Judgment/Judgment/Judgment with your AP. Are you playing multi-element just for the resist? If so it's not a bad way to go I guess.

I think I missed something, because it seems like most of your combos are well over 12 AP. For example Judgment/Iop's Wrath/Shaker/Rocknoceros - isn't that 19 AP?

posté August 11, 2013, 02:47:34 | #11

Quote (Pointyy @ 11 August 2013 00:50) *
Intuitively it seems bad to sink so much XP in to air just for jabs and gutting gust.
For example if you changed Jabs/Gutting Gust/Rocknoceros/Devastate to Impact/Rocknoceros/Devastate the combo would cost 12/1/0 instead of 12/2/0, would have less damage (13% less at your level), but you would certainly gain more than that from sinking XP in to the earth tree.

Shaker/Shaker/Shaker will probably out-DPT anything except Judgment/Judgment/Judgment with your AP. Are you playing multi-element just for the resist? If so it's not a bad way to go I guess.

I think I missed something, because it seems like most of your combos are well over 12 AP. For example Judgment/Iop's Wrath/Shaker/Rocknoceros - isn't that 19 AP?

Those aren't combos they're spell choices. The AP indication after only signifies the amount of AP that'd make it work the best. Those builds aren't optimized for 10 AP.

Multi-elemental is for versatility. As enemies have higher and higher resistances in a single element and are often weak to a single one, it's good to have multiple options.

Air/Earth cover each others' weaknesses as a Iop. Air has low costing attacks to build Power fast, Earth has AoE and range to attack if CC isn't a viable option. On average, Air has higher DPT than Earth as well.

You're denoting mono-elemental as well, which will do more damage in a single element than multi but lacks versatility.

Triple Shaker may ultimately do less damage pending on the situation, given how it has a 40% chance to negate any backstab bonuses. CC is also often times than not, not a friendly situation against most high level enemies.

A mono-elemental character can get four spells all to max level, if they have all other spells including the fifth of the branch at level zero. So ultimately three spells is ideal to maximize percent damage. A hybrid can do the same with two spells in each branch, and lose little to no damage in consequence.

I'll take being able to hit hard in a second element over a difference of at tops, 20% elemental mastery from spell investment.

• Mango

posté August 11, 2013, 12:16:09 | #12

Air/Earth cover each others' weaknesses as a Iop. Air has low costing attacks to build Power fast, Earth has AoE and range to attack if CC isn't a viable option. On average, Air has higher DPT than Earth as well.

I'm not sure about that.

Shakerx3 = 402 DPT (lvl 200)
Jabsx6 = 372 DPT (lvl 200)
Considering authority stacks;
402*1.24 + 402*1.48 + 402*1.72 + 402*.96=2170.8/4 turns
372*1.43 + 372*1.87 + 372*2*2 = 2715.6/4 turns
2170.8+X*402*2=2715.6+X*372*2
Therefore after 13 turns Shakerx3 becomes more effective.

If you think about short-term and stack building only (which seems to be your plan), then why not build flurry?
Flurryx12 = 354 DPT (lvl 200)
354*1.58+354*2*3=2683.32/4 turns
but as you can see it maxes out quickly - nearly 100% chance of full stacks by the end of turn 2 (and probably half way through even!). Additionally you can match the Jabsx6 combo's chance by using Flurrx4,Shakerx2 and have a higher average DPT AND you don't have to split XP as much.
Additionally you could just build Impact, since it's AP is the same as Jabs (though it's damage is inferior the XP sink will increase the damage of your other more important skills).

(Note: DPT with authority not calculated on a skill-by-skill basis, so the damage will always err slightly in favor of slower skills rather than faster - until full stack is reached)

So in terms of generating stacks and single target DPT, there's no way you should build air!

In terms of "well this guy has high earth resist" then sure, it's fine to build air or fire. The only things fire has that can compete with Jab's DPA is Judgment - and only because it costs an MP, and Thunderbolt - if you can get them to stand next to something in flaming state. Thunderboltx3,CelestialSword is a very competitive combo for your AP. Judgmentx3 isn't as good as that, but it's still better than Jabs.

What do you mean " Triple Shaker may ultimately do less damage pending on the situation, given how it has a 40% chance to negate any backstab bonuses"?

From what I can tell " A mono-elemental character can get four spells all to max level, if they have all other spells including the fifth of the branch at level zero. So ultimately three spells is ideal to maximize percent damage. A hybrid can do the same with two spells in each branch, and lose little to no damage in consequence." is not quite correct. A mono-element will typically have 30-40% more damage from mastery than a hybrid. Going dual-element over tri-element is a big advantage too. It really depends on what you are fighting, but dual element should be plenty really. Fire/earth is much more powerful than air+anything.

By the way don't forget the coefficient on your 5th spell is 0.2, so combined your last 3 spells are just as important as your second spell. Optimally you should have two spells at your max level, and the rest with XP equally split.

posté August 11, 2013, 14:21:16 | #13

Quote (Pointyy @ 11 August 2013 12:16) *
Shakerx3 = 402 DPT (lvl 200)
Jabsx6 = 372 DPT (lvl 200)
Considering authority stacks;
402*1.24 + 402*1.48 + 402*1.72 + 402*.96=2170.8/4 turns
372*1.43 + 372*1.87 + 372*2*2 = 2715.6/4 turns
2170.8+X*402*2=2715.6+X*372*2
Therefore after 13 turns Shakerx3 becomes more effective.

If you're mono earth then you can't account for Gutting Gust or Uppercut damage, which ultimately means that for single-target DPT pure air is in fact superior to pure earth. Though you can neglect Uppercut for long term due to WP cost.

If you think about short-term and stack building only (which seems to be your plan), then why not build flurry?
Flurryx12 = 354 DPT (lvl 200)
354*1.58+354*2*3=2683.32/4 turns
but as you can see it maxes out quickly - nearly 100% chance of full stacks by the end of turn 2 (and probably half way through even!). Additionally you can match the Jabsx6 combo's chance by using Flurrx4,Shakerx2 and have a higher average DPT AND you don't have to split XP as much.
Additionally you could just build Impact, since it's AP is the same as Jabs (though it's damage is inferior the XP sink will increase the damage of your other more important skills).

Arguable. Flurry is less DPT, but benefits from increased air damage. I see some Air Iop use it, but I'm not partial to it. I'd prefer the extra base damage out of Jabs. Six Jabs and two Gutting Gust is often times than not plenty enough to trigger three Authority proc.

The point of fast Power building is to throw out stuns, which make a huge difference even in short term fights if you can build fast enough and target the right enemies.

In terms of "well this guy has high earth resist" then sure, it's fine to build air or fire. The only things fire has that can compete with Jab's DPA is Judgment - and only because it costs an MP, and Thunderbolt - if you can get them to stand next to something in flaming state. Thunderboltx3,CelestialSword is a very competitive combo for your AP. Judgmentx3 isn't as good as that, but it's still better than Jabs.

Same argument as with the Shaker ordeal - neglecting Gutting Gust. Judgment has the benefit of range and AoE though, something that Jabs lacks. The whole, "well this guy has high earth resist" argument is exactly why to hybridize. It's no argument that mono hits harder in their element than hybrid. But versatility is so easy to achieve for not that much of a power loss.

Edit: To address your point with Fire/Earth being better than Air/anything, fire brings nothing new to the table when hybridized with earth other than being another option to hit with (which is fine). Air on the other meshes better with it, and gives you new options to explore all the while being stronger for single-target damage.

What do you mean " Triple Shaker may ultimately do less damage pending on the situation, given how it has a 40% chance to negate any backstab bonuses"?

I don't like how you can't reliably get backstab with Shaker. Sometimes I just prefer getting double backstab hits with Devastate. Backstab for Rocknoceros & Devastate is really easy to achieve with 12 AP as well.

From what I can tell " A mono-elemental character can get four spells all to max level, if they have all other spells including the fifth of the branch at level zero. So ultimately three spells is ideal to maximize percent damage. A hybrid can do the same with two spells in each branch, and lose little to no damage in consequence." is not quite correct. A mono-element will typically have 30-40% more damage from mastery than a hybrid. Going dual-element over tri-element is a big advantage too. It really depends on what you are fighting, but dual element should be plenty really. Fire/earth is much more powerful than air+anything.

By the way don't forget the coefficient on your 5th spell is 0.2, so combined your last 3 spells are just as important as your second spell. Optimally you should have two spells at your max level, and the rest with XP equally split.

I suppose. Needless to say, I'd choose to have a third maxed out spell rather than two and evened out three spells. There's no reason to max out Impact or Charge, for example. If you want AoE, you have Devastate and if you want range, you have Rocknoceros. Charge's damage is so negligible and the stun rate is a default 10% across all levels, and so only serves as a CC stun spell for one less AP than Rocknoceros.

For maximum elemental mastery at 125 you'd have spell levels 125/125/102/102/102. That would yield you 117% damage and resist. Having 125/125/125/89/88 would yield 114% damage and resist, and give you a third spell with much higher base damage usage.

As far as hybrid percent damages go, a hybrid maxes out at roughly 99% damage and resist from spell XP allocation at level 125. This is less than a 20% difference, a rather large far cry from your suggested 30 to 40% difference. Both scenarios of mono and hybrid were calculated pending the other branches not used were at level zero, though that is negligible.

• Mango

Double-edit: I failed to mention Defensive Stance, one of the game's most powerful active skills, not being compatible with triple Shaker/Judgment. As someone who is not just dealing CC damage but also tanking hits, that +50 Block is vital to my already 25 Block. I like being able to put up such a high defense after hitting five times with Jabs.

I don't dislike Shaker and I think it's one of the strongest CC spells as far as damage/AP goes. I just don't think it's nearly as versatile. I rate it the third best Earth Iop spell after Rocknoceros and Devastate and so if I was mono, I would take it.

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 11, 2013, 14:42:33.
Reason for edit : Noted.
posté August 11, 2013, 18:50:48 | #14

Quote (Brokonaut @ 11 August 2013 14:21) *
If you're mono earth then you can't account for Gutting Gust or Uppercut damage, which ultimately means that for single-target DPT pure air is in fact superior to pure earth. Though you can neglect Uppercut for long term due to WP cost.

Yup, absolutely. For PvE DPT there's not much that beats air.

Arguable. Flurry is less DPT, but benefits from increased air damage. I see some Air Iop use it, but I'm not partial to it. I'd prefer the extra base damage out of Jabs. Six Jabs and two Gutting Gust is often times than not plenty enough to trigger three Authority proc.

The point of fast Power building is to throw out stuns, which make a huge difference even in short term fights if you can build fast enough and target the right enemies.

Well the main advantage of flurry is the flexibility, and you sacrifice less than 0.6% damage for it...

For building power I still highly recommend flurry!

Same argument as with the Shaker ordeal - neglecting Gutting Gust. Judgment has the benefit of range and AoE though, something that Jabs lacks. The whole, "well this guy has high earth resist" argument is exactly why to hybridize. It's no argument that mono hits harder in their element than hybrid. But versatility is so easy to achieve for not that much of a power loss.

Edit: To address your point with Fire/Earth being better than Air/anything, fire brings nothing new to the table when hybridized with earth other than being another option to hit with (which is fine). Air on the other meshes better with it, and gives you new options to explore all the while being stronger for single-target damage.

Air is barely stronger though, and is much more restrictive.

It's personal choice really, if I'm not building pure air I wouldn't build air.

I don't like how you can't reliably get backstab with Shaker. Sometimes I just prefer getting double backstab hits with Devastate. Backstab for Rocknoceros & Devastate is really easy to achieve with 12 AP as well.

I suppose. Needless to say, I'd choose to have a third maxed out spell rather than two and evened out three spells. There's no reason to max out Impact or Charge, for example. If you want AoE, you have Devastate and if you want range, you have Rocknoceros. Charge's damage is so negligible and the stun rate is a default 10% across all levels, and so only serves as a CC stun spell for one less AP than Rocknoceros.

For maximum elemental mastery at 125 you'd have spell levels 125/125/102/102/102. That would yield you 117% damage and resist. Having 125/125/125/89/88 would yield 114% damage and resist, and give you a third spell with much higher base damage usage.

Makes sense.

As far as hybrid percent damages go, a hybrid maxes out at roughly 99% damage and resist from spell XP allocation at level 125. This is less than a 20% difference, a rather large far cry from your suggested 30 to 40% difference. Both scenarios of mono and hybrid were calculated pending the other branches not used were at level zero, though that is negligible.

Hm, not sure where I calculated it, but it probably depends on the level.

I think I was calculating the difference between 1 and 2 maxed with 3,4,5 0'd and having 3,4,5 leveled to half xp - that would work out approximately to what I said.

In response to your edit (can't have more than 5 embeds derp): Makes sense.

posté August 12, 2013, 17:04:55 | #15
As good as Defensive Stance is, I rarely ever use it. A 15% final damage reduction is fantastic but it requires a 2AP cost each turn you want it. Outside PvP I've never had to worry much about defense.

I love that active spell anyway. It's nice having the option when you do want it.

posté August 13, 2013, 03:53:14 | #16

Quote (Gynrei @ 12 August 2013 17:04) *
As good as Defensive Stance is, I rarely ever use it. A 15% final damage reduction is fantastic but it requires a 2AP cost each turn you want it. Outside PvP I've never had to worry much about defense.

I love that active spell anyway. It's nice having the option when you do want it.

Indeed. I wouldn't take it if I wasn't 12 AP or had air as a second element. It meshes in too well after two hard earth attacks or a flurry of Jabs.

Having 75 Block at the end of my turn is fantastic.

• Mango

posté August 31, 2013, 07:56:32 | #17
Removed.

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - October 03, 2013, 07:13:34.
Reason for edit : After-edit.
Short Strich * Member Since 2011-01-27
posté October 04, 2013, 11:12:48 | #18

Quote (Kokonaut @ 31 August 2013 07:56) *
Removed.
Will you compose another endgame set reference for hybrid Iops after the update?

posté October 10, 2013, 19:31:41 | #19

Quote (UberShanks @ 04 October 2013 11:12) *

Quote (Kokonaut @ 31 August 2013 07:56) *
Removed.
Will you compose another endgame set reference for hybrid Iops after the update?

Nothing has changed much to be honest. I swapped my weapon for Hushed Scepter since Dodge is worthless to me for higher damage and I still use Turq Tutu for the defenses it provides. There are a lot of cheaper alternatives for someone who wants to go Air/Earth now though (mostly in the form of Apprentice, Initiate, and Sage equipment). Unless you're clearing Lenald Dungeon, in which case the gear from there is a nice alternative that offers no Block.

Here are my stats out of combat with 15% air bonus missing:

Truthfully, obtaining a PDB and using the excess AP to drop the Satisfaction Ring to use a Sage Ring will save you a huge amount of HP and an MP. The difference between statting damage with the 13th AP point is a difference of maybe 9% damage and 21% air/earth resistance. Then there's the matter that as a weapon, Slingshot is a lot stronger now to use.

It all comes down to preference really.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - October 14, 2013, 22:36:21.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-12-12
posté October 14, 2013, 15:44:42 | #20
playing around with "fairly easy to get gear" and a tri-op build which should work nicely, will go more into dept on it later with some variables and optimal gear!

Click here