Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

New IOP/player, Choosing the element / some help.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2011-10-28
posté August 22, 2013, 05:54:27 | #1
New IOP/player Sup guys!

I was thinking about a new rpg, since DOFUS (yeah wakfu's older brother) is getting boring and boring every single day.... So I decided to try out wakfu. After reading some topics here on forum I finnaly downloaded it and now I'm about to p2p my account ^^ (no I'm not going to ask if its worth haha).

So I picked IOP, as they are OP as hell in DOFUS and I got so frustated with my steamer there, and decided into following the AIR branch. But I'm as newbie in wakfu as poor. So my doubts are (finally omg):

1) Am I going to have a hard time as an AIR iop? Cuz I now it's almost based into stacking [Authority] and hope to Critical Hit on my atacks (right? haha). And as I'm poor will that lack of money affect negativaly on my character? I also thought about EARTH iop, but just didn't cheer me up .

2) Are the multiaccs destroying this game like they did to dofus? I'm aiming into groups to lvl up and dungeon up ^^ .

3) I'm going to be a bontarian soldier (haters gonna hate), and I don't know if I'll be able to party up with every nation (if we are not at WAR ofc)? The first time I tryed WAKFU it was like a desert, but it a looooong time ago...

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté August 22, 2013, 06:16:58 | #2

Quote (Zelfera @ 22 August 2013 05:54) *
1) Am I going to have a hard time as an AIR iop? Cuz I now it's almost based into stacking [Authority] and hope to Critical Hit on my atacks (right? haha). And as I'm poor will that lack of money affect negativaly on my character? I also thought about EARTH iop, but just didn't cheer me up .

2) Are the multiaccs destroying this game like they did to dofus? I'm aiming into groups to lvl up and dungeon up ^^ .

3) I'm going to be a bontarian soldier (haters gonna hate), and I don't know if I'll be able to party up with every nation (if we are not at WAR ofc)? The first time I tryed WAKFU it was like a desert, but it a looooong time ago...

Hi, welcome to Wakfu!

1) The one thing you need to know about Air Iop is that you will rarely consistently be able to have an enemy's back side. Unlike in Dofus where direction does not matter, attacking from the back and sides increase the amount of damage you deal (by a final amount). Authority is a good choice, though you might want Compulsion as soon as possible for the raw damage bonus early on.

I briefly explain Iop elements and their roles in this thread.

Note that the game is fairly punishing towards melee-based classes and more than often favors range. At least for now.

2) Multi-accounting is extremely prevalent just like in Dofus. Most players have a tenancy to run at least two accounts. Usually you can party up with other multi-accounters, as six-clienters are fairly rare.

3) Alignment merely dictates your elemental bonuses. Since you're picking Bonta, once you obtain your Clan Member Bonus at 10 Citizenship Points you'll gain the nation's bonuses (which need to be maintained regularly). Bonta gives the highest air bonus, Brakmar is to fire, earth to Amakna, and finally water to Sufokia.

When there is war, members of opposing factions cannot party up with one another. This can by circumvented by inviting a neutral third-party member to the group to invite the enemy player.

• Mango

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2011-10-28
posté August 22, 2013, 12:25:00 | #3
Yeah I read that topic, and your post especifically something around 8 times haha.

Then is there a way to respec my points? I put 9 points in [Authority], and I guess its a diferente talent to pick as earth iop.

Thanks btw, and any other answers will be apreciated as well (you know the more opinions a topic has, more helpfull it becomes ).

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté August 22, 2013, 14:55:19 | #4

Quote (Zelfera @ 22 August 2013 12:25) *
Then is there a way to respec my points? I put 9 points in [Authority], and I guess its a diferente talent to pick as earth iop.

Thanks btw, and any other answers will be apreciated as well (you know the more opinions a topic has, more helpfull it becomes ).

No need, Authority is an important talent regardless of what element you take. Fire and earth have the benefit of being able to benefit from the damage bonuses of Authority without turning the enemy to face them pending they attack out of melee range (skills like Rocknoceros, Impact, Devastate, Judgment, and Iop's Wrath).

Go ahead and finish Authority first and then head to Compulsion.

• Mango