Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Rebalancing of the Iop
Lead Community Manager * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté January 17, 2013, 15:30:34 | #1
Rebalancing of the Iop Hi there,

Grou shared the Game Design document of the Iop, including the rebalancing modification.

Here's an English version: Click here

Please note that these modifications are not final and may still change.

posté January 17, 2013, 15:40:31 | #2
Not that I care too much for the rebalance (as I dont play Iop) the quick translation deserves pat on the back, and a gold star!

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-07-04
posté January 17, 2013, 20:27:03 | #3
I dont see much difference but i suppose not much needed changing. But could you please explain what the +50 Preparation on the new bravery stand translates to in terms of damage. Is it just +50% damage or +50lvls of preparation. Im also pondering on how useful the new iop hinder move will be, will it just prevent the iops jump teleport? or other kinds of teleport (i dont know what moves are classed as teleport; beacon sneaking for example).

~Jazza

This post has been edited by MidgetMike17 - January 17, 2013, 20:27:34.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2010-06-20
posté January 17, 2013, 22:51:15 | #4
@Jazza, think its the later. If so, ecaflips leap, cras teleport, etc wont work. It seems like the perfect passive for PVP.

-----------
Question: will it also work against whispers "teleport" thing?
-----------
I was a bit sad by seeing no real change on elementary spells.. not even impact (which I hate) got altered.
IMHO the gameplay of iops is boring right now. I was expecting something more.. something like air spells getting 2ndary effects if the iop is aereal for example.

------------

Good job witht the quick translation

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2008-05-13
posté January 17, 2013, 23:19:22 | #5
The class didn't need many changes at all, and the change I most like is to Defensive Stance. It's going to be one of the best active spells available for Iops now when combined with +block equipment. I expected some changes to the elemental skills though, mainly to Wrath and Impact. Also, some specialty could be added to the air branch, of which could increase the chances of applying Stun effect as well as any other states to the target, and once applied, the target gets some kind of Stun resistance (just like AP loss), then that'd be easier to stun enemies but it'd not be something that could be done in every single turn.

I think that would be pretty cool if Air spells applied a state named Staggered that reduces the target's resistances to states (including stun).

Wrath:

6 AP, 1 WP.
6(70) Damage
+1 Extra damage every 2 levels of Power State (Triggers Power)

That'd make Wrath consume Power in order to inflict a lot of damage.

Air spells: +1 level of Staggered per AP/WP/MP.

Staggered: -1% Resistance to States per level. Vanishes when Blinded, Stunned, Explosion, Burning and any other type of state is applied.

Resistant: the target gains 25 levels of Resistant when the Stun effect is applied, every level gives 1% chance to Stun resistance, the target loses 5 levels per turn.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - January 17, 2013, 23:20:26.
posté January 18, 2013, 00:30:30 | #6
+1 Nidd

btw I still don't see anyone lvling standard when you can/have to pick virility, compulsion, authority, jump/flatten leaving 1 more skill to max. And LPro, DStance and SOff seem better imo.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-03
posté January 20, 2013, 15:05:27 | #7
I'm pretty surprised with these changes - when i saw "iop revamp" theme, i was just UUGHHH, preparing for the worst. xD

But i really like this. Especially "iop hinder", very nice idea. Iops are such a babies in PvP now, but seems they'll get some chances against "sneaky" classes.

"Bravery standart" bringing preparation is pretty reasonable.

Even replacing "power" with "preparation" on the "show off" passive is great. Iop can build his power (authority) by himself, while allies build his preparation. Great. *___*

Nice work Ankama, can't wait for these changes! ^^

This post has been edited by Seguchi-sama - January 20, 2013, 15:08:10.
Short Strich * Member Since 2011-12-23
posté January 20, 2013, 22:16:07 | #8
I like the changes, though I would've probably preferred the old Defensive Stance instead because I'm slightly upset about no longer being able to shield my team mates with it, even if it did only work with CC attacks.. Oh well, looking forward to the block anyway, and the increased tankyness!

posté January 23, 2013, 21:02:56 | #9
Does show off stack preparation? Meaning that if allys crit 3 times I get 60 preperation?

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-11-18
posté January 23, 2013, 22:00:06 | #10
And does Authority and Power stacks? For example:

I use Devastate and hit three targets around me at same time. Can it proc Authority three times giving me Power lvl. 60 (3x power lvl. 20)?

or another situation:

First I Jump and proc Power lvl 20, so I hit with Shaker two times. Can it proc Authority twice, giving me Power lvl 60 + lvl 20 of the jump proc.?

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-14
posté January 24, 2013, 01:13:23 | #11
I'm liking the changes, one thing i never understood about Iops is why is the Earth element so weak, it does less dmg per ap than both fire and air, meanwhile air allows a nice increase in damage due to power and fire has AOE spells.

I really think earth should be getting a damage boost, even if the damage/ap ratio was the same as fire it'd still be weaker since it hits less targets and some of the spells have a minimum range.

I'd love to know other peoples opinions on the Earth branch.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté January 24, 2013, 10:30:53 | #12

Quote (JustD87 @ 24 January 2013 01:13) *
I'm liking the changes, one thing i never understood about Iops is why is the Earth element so weak, it does less dmg per ap than both fire and air, meanwhile air allows a nice increase in damage due to power and fire has AOE spells.

I really think earth should be getting a damage boost, even if the damage/ap ratio was the same as fire it'd still be weaker since it hits less targets and some of the spells have a minimum range.

Earth can stun. And stun makes enemy loose whole turn.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-14
posté January 24, 2013, 19:22:04 | #13

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 24 January 2013 10:30) *

The description of each element states that earth does high damage to individual enemies, yet it does less damage than either of the other elements, and earths stun doesn't apply nearly enough to warrant it's considerably lower dmg/ap.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté January 25, 2013, 21:47:05 | #14

Quote (JustD87 @ 24 January 2013 19:22) *

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 24 January 2013 10:30) *

The description of each element states that earth does high damage to individual enemies, yet it does less damage than either of the other elements, and earths stun doesn't apply nearly enough to warrant it's considerably lower dmg/ap.
I think you are wrong. Shaker is the strongest spell with 69 dmg for 4AP, making it stronger then any air spells and even stronger then Super Iop Punch in terms of dmg to AP. In fact it's even stronger then Iop's Wrath and doesnt cost WP, but yes it's single target spell.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - January 25, 2013, 21:50:56.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2010-12-17
posté January 27, 2013, 00:11:54 | #15
I didn't understand the new authoririty.
It can be activated only 3 times per turn. right?

btw, I hate the new jump with +power :X +preparation was better

This post has been edited by Matt5150 - January 29, 2013, 12:14:47.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2010-05-16
posté January 29, 2013, 12:13:04 | #16
I like the idea behind Iop Hinder, especially for an agi iop which has no ranged attacks and most classes having teleport abilities, which makes pvp difficult.
+1 Ankama  

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-27
posté July 20, 2013, 20:14:41 | #17
To Troyle or any dev. I feel like as an air iop our lack of any range, spell effects and damage compared to many other classes should be considered to be buffed to better compete with the rest of the classes as well as fire and earth of iops. Yes air iops have spells that are cheap to cast but at the same time the damage doesn't compare to others and with the lack of what I mentioned earlier it's hard to be included in most UBs since the air branch is all close combat and won't deal as much damage as some of the other classes that many replace the air iop for. The air branch is fun but is lacking and should really be considered for a slight buff in some way shape or form

This post has been edited by blasphemousmisery - July 20, 2013, 20:21:43.
Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-01-13
posté July 21, 2013, 05:17:30 | #18

Quote (blasphemousmisery @ 20 July 2013 20:14) *
To Troyle or any dev. I feel like as an air iop our lack of any range, spell effects and damage compared to many other classes should be considered to be buffed to better compete with the rest of the classes as well as fire and earth of iops. Yes air iops have spells that are cheap to cast but at the same time the damage doesn't compare to others and with the lack of what I mentioned earlier it's hard to be included in most UBs since the air branch is all close combat and won't deal as much damage as some of the other classes that many replace the air iop for. The air branch is fun but is lacking and should really be considered for a slight buff in some way shape or form

With the upcoming changes to gear and spell levels making multi-element a lot more viable, have you thought about going Air/Fire? In between Compulsion and Authority, Iops are in a good position to do so.
You could get Jabs, flurry and Gutting Gust to max in air, then level SIP and wrath in fire, giving you a powerful damaging option to close the gap and land jabs/flurry, or if you find yourself in need of AoE, wrath away and spend the rest on air.

This post has been edited by Icekin - July 21, 2013, 05:18:13.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-27
posté July 21, 2013, 08:28:56 | #19

Quote (Icekin @ 21 July 2013 05:17) *

Quote (blasphemousmisery @ 20 July 2013 20:14) *

With the upcoming changes to gear and spell levels making multi-element a lot more viable, have you thought about going Air/Fire? In between Compulsion and Authority, Iops are in a good position to do so.
You could get Jabs, flurry and Gutting Gust to max in air, then level SIP and wrath in fire, giving you a powerful damaging option to close the gap and land jabs/flurry, or if you find yourself in need of AoE, wrath away and spend the rest on air.
personally i really only enjoy the air branch of the iop. i've tried the others back in the beta and wasn't pleased so i stuck with air. I just strongly believe that the air branch needs buffed really. When the gear and spell revamp come out i will probably look at what's around and see what i can do but i will probably stay air really. Seems silly yes but i've come to love my air iop and play it all the time so i just get sad that there's no love for air right now  

Just really sucks that the air branch has nothing special except cheap moves (

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-01-13
posté July 21, 2013, 09:23:38 | #20
Oh I understand. I was just suggesting trying multi because simply using spells from off branches would fix a lot of issues with Air. Though it is harder to gear for multi-element, and it would be nice if Air had more punch to it indeed.

I've always said that Air Iop is one of the most dreadfully boring specs in the game. I do think they should change Flurry into something else. Maybe Uppercut too.

Jabs, Intimidation and Gutting Gust are, imo, too iconic and useful to every branch to be changed significantly.

But regardless, what would you like to see changed about air? If you could alter one or two spells to make it more interesting, what would you want it changed to?