Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Talwar126's profile
Statistics
16 Posts (0.05 per day)
Most active in : Log Book
posté September 16, 2014, 07:27:43 | #1

Quote (Th3LimiT @ 15 September 2014 10:31) *
I watched Wakfu in French a billion times and have watched a couple of English episodes in Netflix, what's so bad about Ruel?
I'm only two episodes into Netflix's 26 episode offering so it may get better but I really need to voice a few of my strong opinions on it.

First off, the audio engineering for the English version of the series is atrocious. I've even taken time to compare it to the original French version to be sure it's a new mistake and not just something carried over.

At about 11 minutes, there is a scene with two tofus fighting over a kama. In the French version, there is the constant sound of bird chatter occasionally interrupted by the two bickering of the two tofus. In the new English version, this chatter was actually too quiet to here when I watched it on my TV. It wasn't until I went back on my PC (with, admittedly, better speakers) and strained my ears did I finally hear it.

The best example of this is about 13 minutes into the first episode, in the restaurant. In the French version, there is music playing and the clattering of silverware on platters in the background. This gives the scene depth. In the English version, this is either gone or too quiet to here. Like the tofu scene, I tried to listen for it as hard as I could and it just isn't there. The scene is now stale and uncomfortable.

And then there is the dubbing. Oh boy, the dubbing. I still can't decide whether or not I like Yugo's voice actor, he straddles the line between trying too hard and being an energetic kid, but Ruel... oh boy. The best I can describe it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet is a flattened mix of Grover and Yoda. There is no tone to his voice because the voice actor is trying his hardest to pull off the gruff old man voice. There have also been a few times where I have noticed Ruel's voice actor seemingly shift lines on his script during his dialogue because of a sizable gap in his speaking and then a shift in his intonation. There is also the fact that the dialogue almost seems cluttered. It's almost as if Ankama translated the French script verbatim, handed it to the English voice actors, and told them to read it. There is a flow to the French dialogue but listening to the English dialogue often makes me feel like it is rushed to fit a long English phrase into a shorter French dialogue gap.

The pronunciations are also all over the place. Cam-ahs? And whack-foo? Really? I checked the French version to make sure I wasn't crazy and just pronouncing it wrong the whole time I've been playing the game and the French Nox does pronounce it "wahk"-"foo". How is it that they didn't go back and let the Nox voice actor know that he's saying the name of the series wrong? This is on par with The Last Airbender and its mispronunciations.

*Sigh*

Don't get me wrong. I don't regret being a Black Crow level backer. I love the game and I was absolutely willing to help support its growth by bringing the cartoon to American shores. I'll still thoroughly enjoy watching the series with the original French audio and English subtitles once I receive the DVDs and I'll also enjoy all the extra goodies that come with the $100 CAD pledge (whenever they get to me) but I do feel I have a right to be disappointed with the quality of what I help fund. Right now, it seems both rushed and underdeveloped and that makes me a little frustrated.

This post has been edited by Talwar126 - September 16, 2014, 07:29:26.
Thread : The Animated Series  Preview message : #776439  Replies : 8  Views : 758
posté July 07, 2014, 23:39:25 | #2

Quote (Neneko88 @ 07 July 2014 22:19) *

Quote (Talwar126 @ 07 July 2014 21:45) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 07 July 2014 19:21) *
Thank you sabi! (they should start confirming this information faster though ^^ ) takes them forever......

Sabi can you please ask them to make the white sadida bag 40 slots? How hard can that be? If we're subscribed for 12+ months we're not level 50 (a level 50 would be happy with 20 slot bags).

Please ask them if they can make it 40+, thank you!
You're asking for beyond-end-game level items as freebies. That's never going to happen.
Not for free, if you subscribed for more than a year you gave ankama a lot of money. A lot of us are subscribed for 2 years.
I guess I could see a 30 slot bag for 2 year+ subscribers but I still can't see a bag bigger than anything currently in the game being handed out for nothing more than subscription time.

Thread : News  Preview message : #751989  Replies : 197  Views : 10050
posté July 07, 2014, 21:45:30 | #3

Quote (Neneko88 @ 07 July 2014 19:21) *
Thank you sabi! (they should start confirming this information faster though ^^ ) takes them forever......

Sabi can you please ask them to make the white sadida bag 40 slots? How hard can that be? If we're subscribed for 12+ months we're not level 50 (a level 50 would be happy with 20 slot bags).

Please ask them if they can make it 40+, thank you!
You're asking for beyond-end-game level items as freebies. That's never going to happen.

Thread : News  Preview message : #751975  Replies : 197  Views : 10050
posté July 04, 2014, 04:13:32 | #4
Gobbalrog Items, Various Sets, and Others for Sale ITEMS FOR SALE

SETS FOR SALE

If you see anything you like, let me know in this thread, in my message box, or in game through Byson.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Talwar126 - July 04, 2014, 04:14:12.
Thread : Trade  Preview message : #751325  Replies : 0  Views : 94
posté July 02, 2014, 18:29:09 | #5

Quote (Graveraider @ 02 July 2014 14:01) *
When new payment model will be implemented?
Open Beta is set to start July 9th and official implementation begins on the 24th.

Thread : News  Preview message : #751001  Replies : 197  Views : 10050
posté July 01, 2014, 00:44:51 | #6

Quote (Bulbasheep @ 30 June 2014 22:25) *

Quote (Ayakumi @ 30 June 2014 20:11) *

Quote (poppyo @ 30 June 2014 19:06) *
This is ridiculously unclear. This better be taken from your total subscription time overall, because ... [rant omitted].... You don't give the details up front, the rewards are less, MUCH LESS, than I had hoped, and no one understands who gets them and who doesn't. Nice job changing the title btw. Maybe now the veterans will stop whining huh? Ridiculous.
Ankama has finally answered the one question that's been lingering in our mind since Sabi's original announcement regarding "Veteran Benefits". And you can find the answer here.

Whoa whoa whoa, why are they answering in that thread but not our questions here?

So is my question about whether someone could make an account now, sub for 12 months and get the veteran--Excuse me, PLAYER rewards... I'm guessing if they don't want to answer to this thread and how they changed the title that it's true. :/

GG Ankama. Hope is crushed again for the future of this game.

oh and make sure you ask your questions in general discussion forum for answers. Apparently this thread has become null and void. :B
... You know, that's a little saddening. I'm not so doom and gloom about the game and its future but what you described is exactly what happened. He asked his question in a new thread under General, had it answered by Sabi AND a moderator, and was then asked to post and future questions in regards to the F2P change in one of three threads where his question had been asked several times and not once answered.

There are some 123 comments here as of my posting this and only THREE of them are from anyone with any knowledge of what is happening. Of those three, one is the initial post and only ONE is actually answering questions asked by players. Why on Earth would someone do as they ask and post here when ignoring that request nets more immediate results?

This post has been edited by Talwar126 - July 01, 2014, 00:49:23.
Thread : News  Preview message : #750608  Replies : 197  Views : 10050
posté June 28, 2014, 22:53:18 | #7

Quote (xRwarrx @ 28 June 2014 20:57) *
Ive been subbed since beta but since I've done it month by month i get barely any reward for the support I've given over the years.. this is ridiculous. I don't think this is a good enough thankyou for the real Beta and Veteran players that have kept the game alive this long.very disappointing.
Have you been month-to-month subbed for a year straight? Yes? You'll be getting the Zinit Pack. Sabi has already made that clear.

Thread : News  Preview message : #750165  Replies : 197  Views : 10050
posté June 28, 2014, 17:47:00 | #8

Quote (Viliax @ 28 June 2014 07:53) *
From what I understand by reading this news. By 9th of july, all my subsription days will be turned into 30 days of booster pack, no matter how many days left u have as sub (1 day, 1 month, 1 year, or even a few years all will turn into only 30 days). Because it did not say it will reward us based on the amount of days sub. Instead it says it will CONVERT our remaining sub into only 30 days of booster pack.

Hmm, so basically we'll be ripped off a year's worth of subscription at max and given 30 days instead with some "passenger" items that we don't even get to see until it's released I'm guessing. Good thing I didn't resub... I may have just missed the pandora pack, but at least my wallet won't suffer.

No, it says it that Subscription time will be converted to Booster Pack time. This Booster Pack time just happens to come with the same benefits you would receive when purchasing the 30 day pack, no matter how much time is converted.

Do you have 375 days left? You'll get 375 days of the "best" Booster Pack time.
Do you have 192 days left? You'll get 192 days of the "best" Booster Pack time.
Do you have 12 days left? You'll get 12 days of the "best" Booster Pack time.

This post has been edited by Talwar126 - June 28, 2014, 17:49:32.
Thread : News  Preview message : #750101  Replies : 197  Views : 10050
posté June 28, 2014, 04:07:00 | #9
Sabi, I'm a little unsure of what you mean by "subscription total". Does your example scenario work the other way around? Let's use me as an example:

I have been steadily subbed since 12/21/2013, which puts me at 189 days accumulated. I have 266 days and change of subscription left.

Does this earn me the Inglorium Pack (with those extra days giving me nothing but "booster" time) or does my remaining unused time count towards my "total time" and push me into the Zinit Pack group?

Thread : News  Preview message : #749989  Replies : 197  Views : 10050
posté June 24, 2014, 21:10:56 | #10
50,000 for the Dora Bora?

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #748975  Replies : 16  Views : 881
posté June 22, 2014, 23:29:44 | #11
WTB : Divine Tofu Ring - 40kk I'm looking to purchase a Divine Tofu Ring.

If you have one you're willing to part ways with for 30kk*, let me know here, in my Ankabox, or in-game through Byson.

*EDIT: What if I up what I'm willing to spend another 10kk? 40kk for the ring, double the usual going rate on Nox; any takers?

This post has been edited by Talwar126 - June 25, 2014, 18:48:47.
Thread : Trade  Preview message : #748281  Replies : 0  Views : 120
posté March 28, 2014, 20:05:32 | #12
Class Leveling: Which spell branches are best? Barring a high level character helping you power level (in which case, it doesn't really matter what your build is), what do you think are the best spell branches to level the fastest for each class?

Is it better to do as much damage as fast as possible, sacrificing survivability to do it, leading most classes to pick fire? Should you be more concerned with healing yourself of any damage you take during battle so you have less downtime between fights, leading many classes to pick their water branches to focus on? Is it possible to heal yourself fast and efficiently enough for that to matter? Should you, instead, try to take as little damage as possible and focus on your class' earth branch?

Does the branch even matter at all? Do all elemental branches level roughly equally efficiently? I assume this isn't the case, but I don't really know.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #707735  Replies : 2  Views : 240
posté March 18, 2014, 17:38:39 | #13

Quote (altiods2 @ 18 March 2014 16:50) *
so its wakfu not my computer? cuz it was fine last night before servers went down
Correct, it is not your computer. There was an update patched into Wakfu last night. Presumably, they are working out a few last minute kinks.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #694271  Replies : 53  Views : 7606
posté March 18, 2014, 16:40:28 | #14

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 18 March 2014 16:33) *
THE SERVERS ARE OFFLINE, THAT'S WHY YOU GET THIS MESSAGE
While I've figured this out on my own by doing a simple search of the forum, I really would appreciate someplace where I can monitor server status and see a schedule for server downtime (assuming there isn't one already). Maybe, if we had this, we'd see fewer messages from panicked people wondering what is wrong with their computer and why they can't get onto Wakfu...

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #694173  Replies : 53  Views : 7606
posté March 11, 2014, 17:49:14 | #15
Is there going to be any reason why I wouldn't use Protoflex over Trank?

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #691065  Replies : 21  Views : 3071