Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Earth Enu Guide Request, ^Title
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2009-11-20
posté October 05, 2013, 08:59:55 | #1
Earth Enu Guide Request So, I was roaming the forums a bit and couldn't find an updated Guide for Earth Enus. Would be very appreciated if someone could make one (or if there is one, but I missed it, then please link me to that). Like, spell that I should lvl, where to spent my Ability Points and etc etc.
I read somewhere that it would be good to use 100 on HP, 1 MP, 1 Range and the rest on Strenght. Is that still good for the Enus?

Thank you for your time!

Update:
Thank you all for your replies, but can we please keep it cool headed? There doesn't have to be just one build, many and different would be appreciated, so everyone can find one for their own playstyle (be it solo or with a group, be it PvE or PvP)!
Just say how you have chosen to build your Earth Enu and why have you chosen to build it that way, and the reader will judge if that's how they want to build their Enu (as long as you give valid arguments)! Thanks again for your time!  

This post has been edited by jgtf - October 05, 2013, 20:57:37.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-06-14
posté October 05, 2013, 09:44:20 | #2
My enu use 2MP 1Range 1AP because I can't find any AP filler to replace stat one yet....from what I've test earth enu don't really need to reach 10AP 8 or 9 would be fine but at least you need 5-6MP

but if you're not sure about your gear,almost all char can use 1AP 1MP 1range and rest to your main element Attr as standard build

maybe you can play with this set builder too>> Click here

- elemental spell is optional to your choice
Passive spell:
1.Treasure Tracker Lv20
2.Geology Lv10
3.Drhellzerker Lv9
4.Phone a Frhend Lv9
5.Mine Mover lv9

this is first 5 passive recommend to max,about Zerker and Phone if you are not really into looter mode just lvl Zerker before Phone.Only thing that Phone made diffrent to your zerker mode is fur color, nothing more than that lol ,but if you are fond as looter as well just lvling Phone before Zerker so your drheller have better MP  

posté October 05, 2013, 13:09:48 | #3
Actually, leveling PaF doesn't only affect cosmetic, but also when you transform to Zerker, each MP used (on moving, not casting spells) increases your damage for that turn. The higher the lvl of PaF, the more damage buff from each MP used.

Also, since turning into Zerker, all your spells (which is just the Earth branch) use MP to be cast. Wouldn't Not Dead Yet be a more important spell to lvl than Treasure Tracker or Geology or Mine Mover? Also, those 3 spells seem to play a bigger role for Water/Prospecting or Fire builds, whilst Prime of Life seems more useful for Earth build (once again because Earth branch is so focused on MP). And lastly, Faking It is really tempting to lvl, as it brings you back to life. Any reasons why I should/shouldn't lvl that? Would like to hear more about why would what you recommended be a better choice.

Thanks!

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-06-14
posté October 05, 2013, 14:25:00 | #4
because enu is just an enu,no matter you are water,fire or earth you should have benefit from pp for loot that's a point of playing enu ;3

- Treasure Tracker give you extra 30pp also convert some of your pp into damage that why I recommend it to be first passive to lvling,any extra damage boost is good isn't? This is also link to reason of lvling Geology, pp boost from mine also increase your damage

- at low lvl it better to use looter style and hit from faraway for more chance to survive,that's reason to lvling Mine Mover so you can move your mine easier

- about PaF issue I didn't know that MP buff but yeah it good to know :3 btw earth gear always lack of dodge so it hardly to move around for extra damage once you are entering cc with your enemy.Also Prime of life only grant you lock-immune when you still not transform

- I didn't lvling Faking It at early lvl because my enu always play around with guildie and we have eni/xelor to do their revival magic.But if you find this to be useful as solo then it your choice

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté October 05, 2013, 16:29:11 | #5
For stats I would get:
1 MP, 1 AP, strength
I wouldn't get range because later on you will be able to get +range gear easily.

Then for specialties, I would level:

Drhellzerker lvl 9.

Phone a friend lvl 6. The reason I wouldn't max this over other things is because you receive the benefit only if you move, most turns you won't move. But when you do move, you usually have to move a lot, the bonus damage is capped at 150% so whether you're getting 25% or 35% per step you will often hit the cap either way.

Treasure tracker lvl 20. Mine mover lvl 9. Geology lvl 10 (later on 15 when more important things are taken care of). These all go hand in hand. This allows you to get 30 pp and an additional 100 from mines, upping your mastery by 65% and allowing you to get more drops and benefit from gear with pp + earth damage.

Prime of life lvl 9. You don't have anything else to spend WP on.

Not dead yet lvl 20.

By the time you're lvl 140 you'll have enough points to get faking it to lvl 15 if you wish, but it's not a priority, in a good team you shouldn't be dying to begin with, plus the fact you need to wait a turn makes it a lot less impressive than say osa's phoenix, which brings you back to life instantaneously. At lvl 140 I would max out geology and drhellzerker first.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté October 05, 2013, 16:45:13 | #6
To the last post:

1) You definitely want the range, always. You really cannot get enough of this.

2) You also always move. Always, if you can manage at all.

A melee Zerker that stands still is just so much worse than a kiting, mid-range one that always gets 150% extra damage and backstab.

posté October 05, 2013, 16:51:02 | #7
I disagree, if my gear gives me +2 range, I have no need for more. If you're smart you're using nightspade as your main spell. I'm curious how you manage to move every turn with the ridiculous amounts of lock sprinkled all over high lvl mobs.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté October 05, 2013, 17:01:31 | #8

Quote (Noobility @ 05 October 2013 16:51) *
I disagree, if my gear gives me +2 range, I have no need for more. If you're smart you're using nightspade as your main spell. I'm curious how you manage to move every turn with the ridiculous amounts of lock sprinkled all over high lvl mobs.
Range is extremely helpful for Enutrofs because of the low base range on their spells. I usually run +3-4 range on my Enutrof, which allows for very long range MP stealing through deadly nightspade and shovel shaker and a 5/6 range deadly nightspade in drhellzerker form. This makes it so that you can kite enemies easily and rarely find yourself locked, and if you anticipate you might be the following turn, you can always detransform in order to prime of life before transforming the next turn.

posté October 05, 2013, 17:05:02 | #9

I play in a team, I have at least 1 positioner with me at all times. Also, what Pimento says.

Really, the ranged Zerker is just vastly superior to a stationary melee character.

posté October 05, 2013, 17:11:15 | #10

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 05 October 2013 17:05) *

I play in a team, I have at least 1 positioner with me at all times. Also, what Pimento says.

Really, the ranged Zerker is just vastly superior to a stationary melee character.
Good for you, but you shouldn't give advice to a new player based on the assumption that he will always have someone to place him around. That's a very specific situation and not representative of what most players experience.

I've never tried earth enu with a lot of range, so I can't comment on that. What pimento describes doesn't sound practical at all though. You're seriously going to waste time hitting the enemy in enutrof form to remove MP, and then pass a turn in order to revert back to enutrof form so you can escape lock? Are you joking? That's a huge loss in DPT you're better off not even bothering.

posté October 05, 2013, 17:15:59 | #11
Well, I don't really wanna pull that card on you, but seriously any good earth Enu plays like this. It is not impractical at all, it is the staple build everyone uses.

There is just no upside to what you are describing, you are a melee toon with mediocre damage or a range toon with awesome damage that can kite like no other.

That one very specific situation Pimento describes is just a last resort. I have used that maybe 1 or 2 times. It is just good to know that you can do this if you have to.

People also should always build characters under the assumtpion to play in a party imo. You simply cannot do 99% of Wakfu's content if you are alone.

posté October 05, 2013, 17:42:14 | #12
There's a difference between being in a group, and assuming you're always going to play with someone that's willing to waste 2-3+ AP every turn moving you around. You can try directing strangers to move you around, but that'll likely end up with them not listening and telling you to take a walk and stop telling them what to do. Clearly you're either playing with a friend or multi accounting.

Your build is not a staple at all. I haven't see any enus playing the way you described. Even if it was a common build, it's hardly an indicator that the build is good.

"you are a melee toon with mediocre damage or a range toon with awesome damage"
Generalization and a bad one at that. In order to reach 4 range, you have had to make sacrifices in terms of gear and stats, no going around that. The moment a mob goes in your melee distance, which lets face it happens constantly, that advantage is void. You might be able to get away from this because your friend there is moving you out of it, but what makes you think OP is multi accounting or has a friend willing to be his placement slave for the rest of the game?

posté October 05, 2013, 20:55:32 | #13
Thank you all for your replies, but can we please keep it cool headed? There doesn't have to be just one build, many and different would be appreciated, so everyone can find for their own playstyle (be it solo or with a group, be it PvE or PvP)!
Just say how you have chosen to build your Earth Enu and why have you chosen to build it that way, and the reader will judge if that's how they want to build their Enu! Thanks again for your time!

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-03-15
posté October 06, 2013, 04:35:46 | #14
About spells, there is no reason to go mono element now. Adding chance will improve your water resists a lot and allow you to do damage on earth res mobs plus getting bags which (if u know when, where and how) will multiply your loot. The 23% damage difference on mono and dual ele is not important for a char like earth enu who can go 700-750 when fighting (140 from walking + 50 from mine PP + 15-60 from gold mine + backstab dmg + crit hit dmg). If you don't want to be real dual you can go 65% earth and 35% water (on spells and stats). Remember when leveling spells, having 2 spells high and 3 on 1/3 of the 2 high ones lvl is the most efficient now (for example 2X60 and 3X20). About what earth spells to use, well it depends on your AP/MP total only, all four of them are great to have cant go wrong really with any 2 (or 3)...

Stats are something everyone can have his one ideas since there are maths behind and all depend on your teammates and guild. 1ap, 1mp before everything else of course. If your guild doesn't have +20 res and your group doesn't have a sac to sacrifice when needed don't stat only strength, add some stats for resists. Range is good to have but stating one range and having none from items wont make any difference, having 2 from items and 1 from stat is your goal when max level. Because i see many posts talking about range (didn't read all of them i admit) i want to state that range/dodge/ini are stats you look after you have the damage/resist/crit you need. Enu can be good without range, dodge and ini but he cant be good without damage/crit/resists.

About passives, at least 7 on Drhellzerker, at least 6 on Phone, max not dead yet are essential. Max prime of life, and max faking are very good. Having some geology, max mine mover and max Treasure Tracker will allow u to gain 50% damage from mine PP (+more damage from being on mine), my enu is always on a mine because the difference in damage and loot is huge. (you can only use mine mover as beast when it is maxed).

After all this info that describes in my point of view the best PVE enu for hard high lvl dungs if i would start from the scratch having no items, kamas or guild i would care only for PP and bags.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-10-22
posté October 11, 2013, 13:30:58 | #15
Given there's no way for zerker to escape lock(unless you waste 2wp on losing zerker and then prime which will work on NEXT turn) you should consider statting dodge and using equips with good dodge like vamp set. As an attacker you need to move around and backstab.

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté October 14, 2013, 21:01:43 | #16

Quote (solluxander @ 11 October 2013 13:30) *
Given there's no way for zerker to escape lock(unless you waste 2wp on losing zerker and then prime which will work on NEXT turn) you should consider statting dodge and using equips with good dodge like vamp set. As an attacker you need to move around and backstab.

This. Being able to dodge a mob and move around him will give you like 140% dmg and backstab, way more than STR ever will.

Also get a Range. Range is key. Seriously.

posté October 14, 2013, 23:16:20 | #17
Dodge is good, but stating 100 alone doesn't get you anywhere, you need to have some good dodge gear to make it work. Exi's ancestral shovel, sylargh pieces, jelt, imperial merchand ring, imperial assassin cape, etc. You can use cheaper things but make huge sacrifices on your mastery that's definitively not worth it. And yeah, vamp sucks.

Dodge is useless on bosses, so that's something to take in account. Factoring in opportunity cost in stats/gear you lose at least 50% mastery to make it happen. Resists too. Definitely not a good build for UBs.

posté October 15, 2013, 13:21:21 | #18
I would agree with dodge being not a necessary choice. I know some people might not want to hear this, but you should really build for playing in a team since later on there is nothing left you can do alone in this game anymore anyway.

And in a good team you have no need to dodge. Your positioners willl know that a Zerker has troubles escaping locks and they will set up stuff for you so you can achieve easy backstabs.

So what I am trying to say is that you can have both: mobility+backstabs and being a full damage spec.

Besides achieving proper dodge rates vs wabbits and similar mobs will force you to go out of your way too much if it is possible at all.

And even a high percent dodge rate is something to be careful about. Making your character rely on chances in a strategy game should only be used as a last resort... (Yeh, not a big fan of Ecas).
I mean what percentage of dodge vs high level mobs can you realistically achieve on average? 80% if we were to be optimistic? That means that in 20% of all your turns you wil get locked. Ergo you deal 0 damage. That is a rather drastic drop of average damage output.

P.S.: Be careful with what Chris-Ath says. Imo it is nonsense to make an earth Enu a hybrid if you intend to be a zerker. There are maybe some weird builds around earth without Zerker mode...but meh...

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - October 15, 2013, 13:24:35.
posté October 15, 2013, 18:20:48 | #19
Wabbits and lenalds have about 150 lock, so we need 240 dodge to have a 95% chance.

100 from stats, 33% mastery, 30 earth res opportunity cost.
40 from the passive.
Need 100 from gear
+20 from exi
+25 from jelt
+25, imperial merchand ring
+20 sylargh boots
+15 imperial assassin cloak

You would use exi anyway. With jelt you miss out on ~10% resis but you get more pp. Merchand ring has the most damage. You would use sylargh boots either way, and it has more res than other boots. Assassin cloak loses 10% res and 7% damage versus a dragon kimono, but most likely you don't have that anyway. Next contender is empelol cloak but you need 3 kit skill to wear it, so 5 mastery loss, for an extra 2% mastery, 10 res and 1CH.

So concretely you're losing about 20 res, 30 earth res, 35 mastery, and 1 CH. But in exchange you get the back 19 out of 20, a way to get your 150% bonus and 25% final damage. Except on bosses, where all this dodge is pointless.

And yeaaah, we've already went over playing in a team. Playing in a team =/= having someone be willing to use up 2-3ap+ every turn moving you around. That's straight up not happening with strangers, you're either multiaccounting or you have a perm team/friend doing this for you.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté October 15, 2013, 18:54:38 | #20
If you don't mind, mind explaining why you think it's nonsense to make an earth hybrid enu? My enu is fire/earth and works perfectly for me. You might not think it's efficient but thats just your opinion, it doesn't make the build bad.