There I am again and this time I promise I am going to give some interesting thoughts. I am an Enutrof lover, and so far, I have not seen any satisfying changes to this class. Some of you may say that it is fine; it is one of the strongest classes in game right now. That may be true if we only consider the current damage output of those grumpy treasure hunters (Fusion has the highest damage per AP in game).
However, damage output is not what makes a class good. What makes a class good is the overall characteristics of this class, for example gameplay, strategy, versatility and, of course, damage output.
So far, all I see in this class is damage output. All the three branches do amazing damage if you ask me (but still lose for the pvp gods), but they lack gameplay, they lack versatility. In addition, because of the Treasure Tracker skill, this class has a great and unexplored ability of becoming hybrid.
Firstly, I would like to give a feedback about each branch in order to show you guys what I think that may be wrong or unexplored.
The Water element of this class is one of the strongest water element builds we have in game, only losing for Maskeraider and their awkward ‘’coward’’ gameplay that relies on close combat damage (ehh, weird!)
Back to Enutrof, despite of its pouching ability, I see nothing else rather than glass cannon. The build isn’t versatile for an element known for its versatility (the water flows~), there’s no healing or supportive effect centered around the water spells and, moreover, there’s no important passive or active spell or even a decent state linked to this branch, all of them are too generic (I ignore God Enutrof’s blessing because it is useless). I would love to see the whole branch being revamped and pouching being restricted to close combat (just because it makes more sense). One of the ideas I have in mind for this branch is to make it a saboteur.
The Fire element, on the other hand, is the branch of which I am mostly proud. It has a good versatility and the awkward range of each spell has its uses in some specific situations.That is why I left it mostly untouched, I only nerfed Hot Magma because it currently is way too strong.
Now the last one. The Earth branch needs about the same level of modification as the water one. You may not agree with me because you love the nuke power of Drhellzerker. I, personally, don't like it too much. Yes, it is a nice way of doing damage, but I think it should be more special and situational, it should be changed in a way that shows the fury of an angry Enutrof in a good style and not all the time, and I am going to do it. I also think that it could have a synergy with the water branch.
So, let's get back to the point and I shall introduce my thoughts.
Holes: they can be created by the Drheller or under Drhellzerker mode. Those structures can reduce the movement points of enemies or allies that walk on them. The Enutrof is immune to that effect.
- -1 MP (100%) when walking on it.
- 2 Charges
- Do not cost Control
Phone a Phriend (level 9)
Drheller is a spectacular ally that every Enutrof should have in battle, therefore I have improved some of its current abilities to fit with the changes I made to the class.
HP: 40% of Enutrof
Resistances: same as Enutrof
10 AP, 5 MP.
- Furrow: creates a hole with 2 charges. 3 AP, 0 Range.
- Claws: deals chromatic damage of 2|20|40 to an enemy. 4 AP.
- Tunnel: ranged increased by 1.
- Drhellers do not cost Control, 1 at a time.
- Uneven Ground: range increased by 1.
- Mine Finder: locates a mine, 1 to 4 range. 2 AP, 1 per turn.
This spell replaces Mass Clumsiness. It makes it possible for the Enutrof to go under the ground and receive less damage during this turn.
- Cost: 3 AP 1 WP
- Characteristics: 0 Range
- Condition: must be standing on a Hole
- Effect: enters in Rock Den +5.
- -40% Damage Received (final)
- +2 MP
- Lock Immunity
- In the beginning of next turn: applies Tiredness +5.
- Cannot cast spells
- +40% Damage Received (final)
- -2 MP
- Cannot Dodge
- Unable to cast Rock Den
God Enutrof's Blessing This spell is going to be very useful for the water branch as it increases the level of applied states.
- +0(30) Prospecting (Enutrof)
- +0(15) Prospecting (Allies). Cannot stack.
- Increases the level of all states applied by water spells by 0(25)%
- Water Spells reduce the close combat damage by 0(5)% per AP, MP and WP.
- +0(50)% of Prospecting as Damage Bonus (max 100%).
The game developers really lack creativity, we currently have 3 classes that can come back from the dead, that’s why I am completely changing Faking It spell. Saboteur is a hybrid oriented passive that makes it possible to reduce Hypermovement through the water spells.
- +0(20)% chance to remove MP
- Water Spells now cause Hypermovement loss: 0(4) levels per AP\MP
- For every MP reduced: +0(20) levels of Fury Within (max level 100).
- Fury Within: +2% Damage per level, +1 MP every 25 levels during the next time Drhellzerker is activated.
Drhellzerker (level 9)Holes synergy. Restriction to close combat.
- All AP cost in Earth Spell converted into MP.
- MP loss and Accelerator effects removed.
- Earth Spells now create a Hole when aimed on an empty cell. Excavator creates a hole under the Enutrof, Shovel Shaker has a 2 cell area of effect, therefore it creates 2 holes if both don’t hit a target.
- Range of Earth Spells changed to 1 (except Excavator, see below).
- Base damage of Earth Spells increased by 10%
- Excavator gains 6 Range. It can only be cast from 0 range or on a Hole in map. If cast on a hole, the Enutrof moves to the Hole and causes damage to all targets around it.
- No longer gives damage per MP used.
- Lasts for one turn.
- Returns WP invested on Drheller.
- 3 AP
- 1 to 3 Range
- Deals (3) (40) (80) damage
- +(1) (5) (10) levels of Chilled
- Chilled: -1 Block per level. Max level: 60
- 2 AP, 1 MP
- 2 to 4 Range
- Deals (3) (35) (70) damage
- 2 per target per turn
- +(5) (25) (50) levels of Exhausted.
- Exhausted: -1% damage per level. Max level: 100
- 5 AP
- 2 to 4 Range
- Deals (5) (60) (120) damage
- +(5) (25) (50) levels of Soaked
- Soaked: -1 Dodge and Lock per level. Max level: 100
- 2 AP, 1 WP
- 1 Range
- 2 Per turn, 1 per target
- Deals (4) (42) (84)
- Steals an item if HP under 50%. Applies Broke.
- +(5) (10) (15) levels of Unfocused
- Unfocused: -1% Critical Hit, -3% Critical Hit damage per level. Max level: 30
- 6 AP, 1 MP
- 2 to 3 Range
- Deals (8) (91) (182) damage
- Damage reduced to (7) (97) (194)
- Range changed to 2 to 2
- Same damage caused when it hits a mine
- Note: yes, the current version is quite strong.
It now becomes the starter spell of all earth enutrofs. It deals some damage and decreases the MP of the target.
- 2 AP, 1 MP
- 1 to 4 Range, 2 per target per turn
- Deals (3) (32) (64) damage
- -1 MP (100%)
Excavator The Enutrof deals damage to all enemies around him and subtracts their MP.
- 3 AP, 1 MP
- 0 Range, 2 per turn
- -1 MP (100%)
- Deals (4) (45) (90) damage
- 4 AP
- 1 to 2 Range
- Steals 1 MP (100%)
- Deals (4) (50) (100) damage
- 1 per target per turn
I changed it mainly to make it easier to use with a lower cost. Another good thing of having its cost lowered is that it should become a good support spell.
- 2 AP, 1 WP
- 2 to 3 Range, not linear, doesn’t require line of sight
- Deals (4) (35) (70) damage
- 1 per turn
- +(1) (2) (2) levels of Accelerated (Enutrof)
- +(1) (2) (2) levels of Accelerated (Allies)
Damage increased, 3 Cells area of effect. MP loss increases if it hits a hole.
- 5 AP
- Deals (5) (55) (110) damage
- -1 MP (100%)
- If the spell hits a hole: -1 MP (100%) .
That is it. I worked on it slowly and finally it is done please give a feedback without flamming that I destroyed the pouching and zerk obsession builds XD
This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - August 24, 2016, 10:28:53.