Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

RadioBug's profile
Statistics
29 Posts (0.07 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté December 16, 2013, 21:11:46 | #1
Top notch,  

Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #653093  Replies : 24  Views : 3166
posté December 16, 2013, 13:12:00 | #2
These are awesome, a rather interesting rendering method, never seen anything like it. Mind if I ask how you rendered your images?

Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #652869  Replies : 5  Views : 906
posté December 15, 2013, 03:47:08 | #3

Quote (Sindormi @ 13 December 2013 14:31) *
This sub-forum calls for all "Artists and writers" to "come share your works of art!" Looking at the four options available, I very much agree with Naturel that this is a creative work (I'm sure you're not disputing that) and that this is the best out of the four sub-forums to put it in.

Concerning your objections to its placement, they seem to be that it isn't 'art' and that it has no 'actual media content'. Firstly, I'd love to watch you explain to the many skilled lyricists in the world whose work bring forth imagination, sympathetic creative expression, a multitude of emotions etc that their work isn't considered 'art' in your eyes unless it is paired with music.

Secondly, given that this is a forum for amateur offerings I'm sure you could find it somewhere in your heart to grant it some leeway in your rather harsh judgement.

And thirdly? As far as I'm concerned this fits right in.

Oh and as a fourth point, I'm pretty sure that since the source is provided, these lyrics are meant to be read whilst listening to the original song. Makes your point pretty moot.

To return to the topic at hand, Naturel I really like your adaptation. I think it gives a lovely feel to the Island of Kelba, far too often maligned and forgotten, and I'm impressed by you finding a song that quite naturally falls towards the lyrics you chose. I think you captured and expressed a lot of emotion and essence in what you wrote.

I would love to see in future though, if further offerings from you are presented that you further worked the lyrics, choosing a song whose aural offerings suited the alternative lyrics, but where you didn't leave things in. I suppose this is my own personal preference, but I'm a sucker for clever wordplay and watching a wordsmith wholly rewrite things, rather than in part.

That being said though, I'd like to thank you for the effort and courage you had to both put this together and to share it with us, I really enjoyed it. So thank you. =)

"Firstly, I'd love to watch you explain to the many skilled lyricists in the world whose work bring forth imagination, sympathetic creative expression, a multitude of emotions etc that their work isn't considered 'art' in your eyes unless it is paired with music. "

Your first point contradicts itself in the fact that those 'skilled lyricists' create their own original content. Yes, they reference but they make it completely anew to a point where the original and the reference seem like a completely separate entity in itself. I'll admit swapping lyrics around and just copy pasting other parts of a song is creative, so long as done right. No disputes there about what Naturel's doing here. And never have even mentioned that original content created by musicians (Lyricists in almost every case are musicians themselves) is not art. Look through and citate correctly, because that and several other factors in your argument creates a fallacy, which I frankly picked up on, seeing as I haven't said some of the things you mentioned.

The 'media content' I mentioned? No I didn't mean it needed a whole goddamn MV of a sorts to fit here. No. A re-write of a song however, would benefit from the simple url link to the original video, because as far as 're-creating' and referencing music in terms of your own interpretations its the least you could do, and not to mention it helps the visualization heck, there's even a create link button for you to use in cases like this made for you to use in the forum reply/create thread funcition. You COULD say you can search the video up yourself. Yes. That's perfectly valid. Apart from the fact that re-writes being 'art' it lacks the original thrust of ideals put forth by the sourced creation. Hence that's why many and if not all artistic re-interpretations and representations done by students to professional media content creators do so in making allusions and re-creations.

Your argument basing off the fact that this is a forum for amateur offerings, I agree. It's bound to have more lee-way than what might go onto a professional critical blog about songs and the likes. But that is completely unrelated to what I was saying, stemming from the fact that my argument does not even go NEAR mentioning whether or not this re-write is amateur or not. I simply mentioned that the namesake of this sub-forum. And no. I'm not judging the content of the lyrics and what Naturel wrote his/herself and the derivatives of it. But instead the content-related category system that the Wakfu Forums has, and as far as delving into the already pre-existing content on General Discussion and Fanarts goes, I said that it suits more to go onto General Discussion because of the similar content that resides there,

Harsh judgement? I said nothing about his writing and lyrical skills. NOTHING. Its all in lieu of content categorization, if I were to actually give critique about his re-write? It's good. As far as Wakfu related songs go, it great. So how about you actually pay attention before you go about making assumptions on who's saying what about what topic at hand.

As for your 'third point' that just remains to be your own thinking and opinion, and I can respect that. But you can't call that a third point in such structural integrity of your 'response' as the resulting argument is falsified. In no way is the placement of this justified by a simple "Because I think so."

And to finish off, your last and fourth point. The source is provided? To a point, yes. Is it cited? Is it executed to the point where it justifies the content and accentuates its effect in delivery, hence magnifying the experience henceforth provided and aimed for by the replicant to this specific media device? No. That would, go back to the point previously made, that it justifies because the forum does accept submissions of all kinds. But by that same token, your justifications on the factors that nullify and make my points "Moot" seem pretty feeble, because if you've bothered to pay attention to what I've said, you can not say that my purpose for beginning this "discussion" is because it is media content, but the placement of said content. So your points made to make MY points null are in themselves, contradictions as to the original intent of the post and your following reply.

Now, In case you've missed me the first several times, as it seems. I'll say it again.

Lyrics and re-write? Well done. Placement? Questionable. Argument? Sustained through misinterpretation and continued prolonging through contextual fallacies.

Oh, and do point things out again. I'm quite tired of this arguing because prior experiences tell, the same 'points' will be made against me and they will, more likely than not be the same as before. And frankly, that's that.

Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #652347  Replies : 6  Views : 572
posté December 13, 2013, 09:08:51 | #4

Quote (semcorda @ 12 December 2013 17:01) *

Quote (RadioBug @ 11 December 2013 07:31) *
Is it effected by reflected damage? As in, will it lose charge if it's damaged by reflect.
No, reflect dmg does not affect shield, only collision dmg. Also, reflect dmg won't pass through shield. You wouldn't be able to withstand his attack when his shield is full anyway, he hits 4k - 15k hp, depending on res and crit.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #651601  Replies : 9  Views : 1731
posté December 13, 2013, 08:59:02 | #5

Quote (tashlol @ 13 December 2013 05:45) *

Quote (RadioBug @ 12 December 2013 05:28) *
I think this'd fit better on general discussion. This isn't exactly 'art' is it.
Songs are art as well. This is a section for fan media and Naturel is well within their rights to post here I think

Great adaption Naturel, very clever and very creative! I'd like to see more in future
I think I'd agree if it had actual media content. As far as I'm concerned this doesn't.

"Share your own creations (artworks, drawings, videos...) in this part of the forum."
this is the description under the Fan Media > Fan art sub-forum.

And as creating and categorizing any content goes, simply writing lyrics and just lyrics with no sheet music no nothing, well. That doesn't go very far in the namesake of content within this particular sub-forum, does it.

Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #651591  Replies : 6  Views : 572
posté December 12, 2013, 05:28:55 | #6
I think this'd fit better on general discussion. This isn't exactly 'art' is it.

Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #650819  Replies : 6  Views : 572
posté December 11, 2013, 07:31:25 | #7
Is it effected by reflected damage? As in, will it lose charge if it's damaged by reflect.

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #650273  Replies : 9  Views : 1731
posté December 10, 2013, 19:59:35 | #8

Quote (Koufax @ 10 December 2013 13:41) *

Quote (RadioBug @ 10 December 2013 13:36) *

Quote (JuStpLaiNtalENt @ 10 December 2013 13:23) *
I DONT WANA WAIT, FOR OUR LIVES TO BE OVER.. ANYMROE. i think dr martinluther king jr once said that
No, its the name of a song. By Paula Cole.
King jr was a great man and you should be ashamed for misquoting him.
You should be ashamed for calling Paula Cole an insult. She was half the man King used to be. Half the man he used to beeeeee~

WHERE IS THE SERVER ZOMG
And where exactly did I say Paula Cole was an insult?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #649911  Replies : 101  Views : 3772
posté December 10, 2013, 13:36:31 | #9

Quote (JuStpLaiNtalENt @ 10 December 2013 13:23) *
I DONT WANA WAIT, FOR OUR LIVES TO BE OVER.. ANYMROE. i think dr martinluther king jr once said that
No, its the name of a song. By Paula Cole.
King jr was a great man and you should be ashamed for misquoting him.

Also, I love this 'temporary downtime' to fix the gift interface, its almost midnight where I am and I've got work in the morning.

So far, I've got to play about half an hour max after the update thanks to this stupid patch up after a patch. Jesus christ. That's another day lost to play, because I honestly don't see myself doing an all nighter with a game like wakfu, I'll never make it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #649551  Replies : 101  Views : 3772
posté December 10, 2013, 11:14:29 | #10

Quote (riku942 @ 10 December 2013 11:11) *

Quote (prykiller @ 10 December 2013 11:10) *
I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i feel ya

I think we are stuck for another hour...
I'd wager for more than an hour,

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #649385  Replies : 101  Views : 3772
posté December 10, 2013, 11:01:25 | #11

Quote (FinroyThePuppeteer @ 10 December 2013 10:59) *

Quote (riku942 @ 10 December 2013 10:58) *
hm... they gotta be almost done
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here".......(c) Divine Comedy, Dante
well said

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #649371  Replies : 101  Views : 3772
posté December 10, 2013, 10:51:39 | #12

Quote (JangJangJang123 @ 10 December 2013 10:49) *
I still cannot access to the game, a message said: Server Locked, I don't know why, i'm newwbie
Read the thread mate, the update isn't finished. At least, serverside.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #649359  Replies : 101  Views : 3772
posté December 10, 2013, 10:11:37 | #13

Quote (riku942 @ 10 December 2013 10:09) *

Quote (PyRosTears @ 10 December 2013 10:06) *
Im kinda sitting here pressing my refresh button every 10 secs

- Degree
you can download the patch it seems atm

Quote (LioVamp @ 10 December 2013 10:08) *
I wonder how many hotfixes will follow
im scared about how many rollbacks
I just hope it doesn't mess up and go down again like last time

As for the server itself, its still locked.

This post has been edited by RadioBug - December 10, 2013, 10:12:21.
Reason for edit : checked serv
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #649293  Replies : 101  Views : 3772
posté December 10, 2013, 09:56:20 | #14

Quote (riku942 @ 10 December 2013 09:54) *
How long do you think tonight maintenance will take?
I say noon EST when we can actually play without having hotfixes, being taken back in time like 2 hours, and more server downtime right after we log in D:
Honestly have no idea. If its anything like the last update though, the English client should catch up again to the French client and data in at least a few hours. I hope.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #649271  Replies : 101  Views : 3772
posté December 10, 2013, 09:37:46 | #15

Quote (GabrielDiviner @ 10 December 2013 07:07) *

Quote (Mikutza @ 10 December 2013 07:02) *
You mean lie to friends so Ankama can rip them off as well?
Ankama doesn't rip any of us off, they charge regular prices for subscriptions and have optional things to buy like a lot of MMO's but I love the game. I only feel like Ankama needs to do a better job getting the name out there
For the amount of grinding and time that goes into this game, and the omnipresent balance/bug issues, I think it's hardly fair to charge full prices like that. Personally I think it'd be justifiable with the prices if the game was smoothed out more.

Though I guess I can't complain much with the amount of bugs Bethesda puts out in all their games. But then it makes up for it by updates dlcs and just basically buying the game once to just play.

I think more players is required for better economy/gameplay/ecology, but so far I think Ankama isn't exactly doing a stellar job at making the game more 'attractive' or newbie friendly for it to attract such amounts of new players, I remember starting the game not too long ago and struggling a little too much to get my head around the complexity of everything by myself. But I'm by no means suggesting they make the game into something like Minecraft, with the average age of the players droping a dozen or two after alpha, no. But just enough to entice new players,

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #649249  Replies : 8  Views : 632
posté December 09, 2013, 10:54:51 | #16
Not withstanding endgame, or past level 100 sacs, because I don't know much about the statistics of that.

personally as a level 71 pure Air sac I'm seriously in a rut in terms of being useful. In any situation.
Looking at Fire/earth sacs around the same level as I am, I'm completely useless in terms of damage dealing, tanking, or even being helpful.

I mean yes. Fire sacriers are meant to do more damage. Understandable. Earth Sacriers? Meant for tanking, ergo less damage but fuckton of res and health oriented skills. Fair enough. Air sacriers as far as my build and other threads I've looked up goes, is meant for versatility. Meaning, it should be able to do at least decent damage, and position the battlefield as it was meant to, while dealing damage. Right?

Wrong.

Either I move team mates and enemies around and lose my turn, (If I do cast MS to at least try damage the enemy while making it more convenient for my team mates to kill it,) and do about 50-60 damage if I'm lucky. At MS level 69. Even using other skills, like using Attract + Rejectattoo + Rejectattoo, I still don't pull more than 100 - 130 damage. Now, this is with equipment giving me 200% damage give or take considering enemy res.

Alternatively, I can just use all my abilities to try and damage enemies while positioning myself, okay. Lets say I use my standard combo of either MS + Assault + Assault, which results in about 210 - 320 damage per turn. Or, I can try and not remain locked to an enemy and use MS + Rejectattoo + Assault, which does about 200 - 270 damage.

Comparing that to any other class or sub branch of any element (maybe not water enis) it's a pretty pathetic damage output.

But myself, as an air sac am feeling more and more useless at every fight and every situation. I guess its okay that I deal about 250-400 damage per turn if I manage to position myself right and pull off a few crits, but otherwise my average damage falls waaay past what other sacs do.

Lets take for example, MS that air sacriers have. Its a neat little skill costs 1ap and 1mp to use, at skill lvl 69, I do about 50~ damage without surplus from Angrr or Mori.

Comparing that, to the Fire Sacrier's 1ap 1mp skill Bloodthirsty fury, with my current skill level on it being 45 or other, it deals about the same or more, so about 45 - 70.

That's 34 level difference, and without any equipment dmg bonuses to the fire skill.

I can't stress enough how frustratingly WEAK air sacriers seem at this point to me. For christ sake I can't solo a group of more than 2 treechnids without dying, and even then with the 2 treechs, I come out of the fight with about 200/1012 hp.

I could go further and compare it to other classes, who are
1. Lower level, but are far more deadly or useful than I,
2. More versatile
3. More efficient
but at this stage, there is no point.

If that's not saddening as an air sac, then I don't know what is. I'm sorry for ranting like this, but I really feel air sacriers need SOMETHING done to it, (And for gods sake not another nerf.)

And if anyone. And I mean anyone. Could just offer me an explanation, advice, anything. I would really appreciate it.

- An air sac considering converting to a full time farmer/baker and quit fighting as a sacrier

This post has been edited by RadioBug - December 09, 2013, 10:59:25.
Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #648617  Replies : 32  Views : 3722
posté December 08, 2013, 10:21:32 | #17

Quote (dlexus009 @ 07 December 2013 10:39) *
It is a little money for a man with a job, it is too much money for a man without a job
Some people have no idea how true this is. Personally as a struggling free lancer/student 3000 ogrines for a respec is quite the luxury.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #648175  Replies : 47  Views : 1989
posté December 08, 2013, 10:18:26 | #18

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 03 December 2013 01:09) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 02 December 2013 23:24) *
Have there been any important masqueraiders other than maskman?
There's an entire story marc connected to Masqs in the Dofus manga, so yes, there were some other Masqueraiders relevnant to the story.
So wait, regarding Masqueraders, I've read that they were the result of one of God Sadida's dolls going off and procreating with another God, and the resulting child being split into 3 masks, and the masks becoming the identity of the Masqueraders,

but it doesn't exactly clarify why Maskmane is important, I've seen that he's the 'last survivor' of his clan or something and he obtained the three masks as a heritage after the death of the three last adults along with his brother,

Though it might just be me failing to find any more of the Maskmane series, but can anyone explain to me why he's such a special cookie?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #648171  Replies : 1441  Views : 48044
posté December 07, 2013, 22:21:38 | #19

Quote (Sting-Shotter @ 07 December 2013 19:59) *
Can you make of the God cra, but then the god cra as some kind of awefull demon thingy? :O
No. Because first of all, I'm not taking requests here. And I'm trying to use the closest to original imagery of the gods.

Not to mention Cra is a Goddess, not a God. And frankly what you want as an image of the "God Cra" is just completely unrelated to what said God stands for if in anyway.

2edgy4me.

also,

"Art of The Twelve, Fan art of the Twelve gods and their followers"

not

"Let's make the Gods of Dofus and Wakfu into whatever we think is cool"

Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #647959  Replies : 7  Views : 1417
posté December 07, 2013, 01:35:17 | #20

Quote (RoboTrigger @ 06 December 2013 23:39) *

Quote (RadioBug @ 06 December 2013 22:59) *
For example, the council member in charge of the ecology, has done things to prevent 'extinction' so to speak, but there's a lack of consistant management. Right now, the Arachees in the Thicket of Yurbut are overflowing and they remain a protected species.

I am not here to defend the current government but I know the reasoning to the protection on the Arachnees.
If the Arachnee population falls too low then the Treechnids will start to plant themselves thus making the area unbalanced, For people who maybe do not wish to keep a constant maintenance system going will protect the species so they will never fall below the auto planting point and keeping the nation happy with its full 15% air and 15% earth damage from Thicket.
Bad thing about this is: Lower levels will not be able to level on Arachnees and people who may need to farm them for mats will have to look elsewhere.

- Zoeduhu

Quote (JerryDB @ 07 December 2013 00:02) *
I have had a small part of many of the Bonta governments mostly under Zoeduhu and Arachi who are both in my guild. During these time the eco-system were kept in very good order.

During the past few months there was actually an outlaw guild with eco-terrorist also earlier this week there was a single eco-terrorist perhaps this may be what you saw if there was any lack on bonta governments system work. As if you go to bed, then wake up and everything is all unbalanced sometimes it can take a while to fix it.

I am not defending the current government however the election results was very close winning by 6 votes. Also it is not uncommon for a governor to win a few mandates in a row.

Wakfu & Stasis are merely a representation of what you have currently been up to and no way near a true reflection of you actions towards the eco-system be they positive or negative. For example some of those eco-terrorist from a few months ago were over planting tree in ToY so whoever fixed it would then be massively stasis. As they know its a mere representation and may well need to fix it countless times they might not have been bothered to go planting tons of stuff to become Wakfu again just to look "good".

Quote (RadioBug @ 2013-12-06 22:59:19)but that's just my two cents in the matter, what I want to know is how we could organize and consolidate a proper governing system to keep Bonta up to the standards of the other nations.
If your last point was about organising the eco-system then I believe I have thoroughly answered you.
If you was talking in a broad sense of government then as Cloudi said could you be more precise and expand your answer.

Thanks for clarifying those things, I wasn't aware the treechs planted themselves, though I've seen other mobs do just that. I had a misunderstanding about the 'inactivit', as Cloudi himself contacted me and answered some of the questions I had. What happened for me was I contacted the previous person in charge for animals and couldn't find him in any way. Regardless, I withdraw my previous statement regarding the current goverment, the reason for this being I just spent a good few minutes talking to the Bontarian council and it seemed like they were trying all they could to keep the eco in balance.

Not withstanding that Cloudi and I were just planting bliblis in Kara just to even things out.

Again, thank you guys for clearing things up

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #647485  Replies : 4  Views : 523