Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Rebalancing of the Cra
Lead Community Manager * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté January 23, 2013, 15:45:53 | #1
Rebalancing of the Cra Hi there,

Still working on class balance, Grou now shared the Cra document.

Here's an English version: Click here

As usual, these modifications are not final and could still change before implementation.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-04-24
posté January 23, 2013, 16:16:36 | #2
Hooray, Earth Cra is less gimp than before \o/

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté January 23, 2013, 16:44:38 | #3
Ok.... just a few questions.

Why has the range for beacons been lowered, this completely contradicts powerful shooting, and heightened vision... Atleast allow of the increase of the range (along with the new version of beacon sneaking.) Especially when almost every build uses mp in their attacks, and doesn't exactly want to move closer to place a beacon or be closer to an enemy than needed.

Why has the air / fire cra been nerfed? again? Tbh the fire tree deserved a bit of a nerf, but now they don't seem very playable, along with the proposed air cra. One of the only things going for an air cra was their critical hit damage. As it stands storm arrow now has 40% chance to cast tornado at max, and a nice 80% chance on a crit (note this doesn't gain additional damage, just an added chance of activating) but now only has 30% chance at 100 on a normal hit and an even more disappointing 45% chance on a critical hit, less than half...
(unfortunately i can't say much about fire cras, because I dont have any experience with them)

Windy beacon still does less damage than the competition?

Piercing arrow still has -50% damage if not cast in a line? really, really dont like the look of this, forcing the cra to stay in line with the enemy can very easy limit its chance to escape or hit designated targets. If the spell has a rebound reduction or a smaller damage reduction.

Honestly, im not really happy with the elemental spell changes, except for earth (despite what i said on piercing arrow) which may now see some competition ingame. Although the passives remain strong, the active spells still dont encourage me to invest (except of course beacon sneaking, which has lost 2 range....)

I really hope these changes aren't set in stone, or I may give up my cra for a while.

#rant #ended #in tears #

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - January 23, 2013, 16:47:03.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté January 23, 2013, 16:51:56 | #4
First of all cras have been declared dead several times already after nerfs (I must admit I was among those who did this...), they are still one of the most popular and strongest classes these days. In all 3 elemental branches. A nerf will not hurt them too much, they will still be an awesome choice for any team.

Second, I do not like range nerfs either. A cra is a ranged damage dealer. I can live with the damage being lowered, I cannot live with the cra becoming some mid-ranged wannabe. There are enough other classes that can do better than a cra there (Feca, air Osa etc).

Third, the international community seems to underestimate earth cras. On all other servers a big part switched to earth, because it is awesome sauce. Nontheless I like the fact that a new build type, the ridddling cra, is being introduced. The melee attack sucked anyway.

P.S. Piercing arrow already has a 50% damage nerf when not cast in a straight line. It has always been that way since they made it possible at all for this attack to be cast diagonally. That arrow is still an absolute bomb, do never underestimate it. It has by far the highest damage potential of any cra spell.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-07-17
posté January 23, 2013, 17:00:37 | #5
Omg, do much changes. o,o

Riddling arrow. Conditions: None.

What? Shouldn't line? No little damage if not in line? o.o This is rly good. XD Maybe.

But... So nerf range?.. Whyy? D: Cras are the long distance combat, range damage dealers.oo'

But anyway i wanna see water cra in Wakfu. They are rly strong in Dofus. :c

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-05-30
posté January 23, 2013, 17:11:22 | #6
nuuuuuuu my cc dynamic punch arrow blow is gone sob sob ;-;

and yes...why nerf range? I have enough of suck range char and cra is my best...now he's going to be same as his sibling D:

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-09-01
posté January 23, 2013, 17:29:35 | #7
so... i can speak only for fire cra, i cant' tell about the rest, blazing arrow limit use is a "scam" becouse is the best spell of the fire spells, and i love it and i hardly use any other spell only explosive, even if some cra prefer to use other spell the one i used till now are the more common and more effective.
Long distance do critical damage now? really no one even dare to use it only in pve not to mention pvp, and now he just give critical damage? hope i'm wrong about it.
Beacon sneak got nerfed of range, only reason i think is to make uber strategy more hard? or just to have the cra more useless in pvp? well the last point is not a problem i hate doing pvp with cra.
About earth i dont' like it, air now seem to be more useless than before, but never try it... so i could swith to it...
But first of all where was the need of change lol?

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2007-10-13
posté January 23, 2013, 17:37:43 | #8
Earth changes are nice.

Fire changes are so so, but can live with it.

Air changes, srsly?

Give range back to beacons and i will be the xxxx9th who say this, but THIS ISN'T BETA ANYMORE.
Don't change classes so much. Its the same as reseting some people hard work.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-12-30
posté January 23, 2013, 17:44:06 | #9
CHANCE CRA IS A LIE

I welcome enpowering str cras with joy as i wish to see them more often than with status "relic". But nerfing once already nerfed riddling? It will dissappear, while It'll become completely unreliable. Also why changing long distance, which was all OK? And the range nerf will make us all rely on makas now...
Seriously?

At least spells are getting better. But really, riddling? Riddling! And my beloved long distance...

QQ

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté January 23, 2013, 19:26:36 | #10
This long distance combat change sucks. Max it for only 20% dmg bonus and only if you crit. Not worth using in my opinion.
You should remove MP cost from spells that are ranged to allow Cra to actually use up all MP to either walk or use long dostance combat, with the more MP used, the better bonus, not limited to 2mp.
It dissapointed me.
Also Hightened vision still have some levels that change nothing from previous level. That's bad.

Allow me to post my suggestions (wanted to put them later, but oh well):

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2010-06-20
posté January 23, 2013, 20:12:09 | #11
20 critical damage?! ouch that seems UP as hell
Aren't all 5 passives/actives meant to be equally good? "Cause" this will keep the "industrial" builds where everyone chooses the same spells/passives/actives..

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-03
posté January 24, 2013, 00:41:50 | #12
You will literally kill all the fire cras with "blazing arrow 2 per turn".

Also, cras are cras, but not iops! Why are you desreasing their range SO hard?!
To be honest, i'm just MAD now.
Bye-bye dear 9 ap fire cra build - it will be useless after this rebalance, cra's pvp abilities will be.. *censored* ..average. You want to decrease range even in the passives, but how we should use "powerful shooting" bonus then?

After all this *censored*, this class will be still named Cra's Range? Hahahah. Nice trolling.

If you'll do this, i'll just go and delete my 105 fire cra. Because this character becomes useless then.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-14
posté January 24, 2013, 01:00:50 | #13
So the most OP char in the game gets some minor tweaks, a bit weird buffing the unbeacon ability, but if you guys are looking to balance things i''d suggest nerfing those crits a bit more, it's really OP. (before anyone flames me I play a cra on my alt)

Just to give an idea of what I'm getting at, a cra does about the same damage as an Iop but with a much better range and then also has a teleport ability and high crit ratio. There's not another class in the game which is that OP.

edit:
I have questions regarding destructive arrow, the base damage is quite large, but my questions is regarding its effects, the damage gains from level of riddling, is this neutral damge, is the damage set to riddling times 2 or is it added to the base damage of the spell, for example 30 riddling x2 + 70 base damage would be 130 damage.

The last example there would be game breaking, I hope the damage is set damage and as a result 30 riddling x2 would be 60 damage, not damage which takes attack % into consideration as it would be way more powerful than anything else in the game.

This post has been edited by JustD87 - January 24, 2013, 01:32:05.
Reason for edit : Did some number crunching since my last post
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-04-08
posté January 24, 2013, 09:48:39 | #14

Quote (JustD87 @ 24 January 2013 01:00) *
So the most OP char in the game gets some minor tweaks, a bit weird buffing the unbeacon ability, but if you guys are looking to balance things i''d suggest nerfing those crits a bit more, it's really OP. (before anyone flames me I play a cra on my alt)

Just to give an idea of what I'm getting at, a cra does about the same damage as an Iop but with a much better range and then also has a teleport ability and high crit ratio. There's not another class in the game which is that OP.

edit:
I have questions regarding destructive arrow, the base damage is quite large, but my questions is regarding its effects, the damage gains from level of riddling, is this neutral damge, is the damage set to riddling times 2 or is it added to the base damage of the spell, for example 30 riddling x2 + 70 base damage would be 130 damage.

The last example there would be game breaking, I hope the damage is set damage and as a result 30 riddling x2 would be 60 damage, not damage which takes attack % into consideration as it would be way more powerful than anything else in the game.
Cras are meant to be ranged DDs so, obviously, they got range & high damage. On the other hand in close combat they can do almost nothing. Yeah, that beacon sneaking'... wait, this combo takes WP (not to mention AP that otherwise would be spend on damaging spells), so only 3 uses per combat. Not that much, eh? And after that it becomes hard to keep distance, do decent damage and receive less enemy damage at the same time. And there is another cra's weakness - they aren't too resilient (comparatively low hp). Thus it is difficult to say that this class is OP by now.

I don't know why the devs consider to nerf cras once again, but I hope they won't do it at all or at least not this way. New proposed range of spells upset me much - without levelled Heightened Vision it's not better than enutrofs have now!
And why Cra Precision will be able to do 30-80% dmg instead of 30-500? Those 500% are very rare to be considered balance breaking, really. And blazing arrow's limitation 2/turn...

Seriously, "balancing" a class doesn't always mean to "nerf" it. If you want to make all cra's branches equally popular - just improve less-playable branches, but not make all the elements weak.

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-02-12
posté January 24, 2013, 10:30:14 | #15

edit:

destructive arrow clear the riddling state on the enemy to add earth damage
no riddle on enemy no dmg added

posté January 24, 2013, 10:34:01 | #16

Quote (Alabastr1x @ 24 January 2013 09:48) *

And why Cra Precision will be able to do 30-80% dmg instead of 30-500? Those 500% are very rare to be considered balance breaking, really.
Shi- Didnt see this. o_o
This. Is. Really. Not. Good. :c
I hope for 500% dmg and stun each fight. This is really good thing. Im lucky but I dont hit 500% dmg often. In pvp If u lost WP and cant go away from player this really helps. Do nice damage and stun, so you have chance to hit and run(Hit and run lol).
Cra - my favourite class. Class who cant be attacked from long-distance and this class in fight can save nice HP, can hit strong from long-distance. If this 'rebalance' will be... Maybe Cras will not be my favourite class.
Maybe new earth cras are good, need to test them. But range and precision nerfed. :c
And sure poor fire cras. Now only 2 Blazing arrows in turn. Now i think they will not be stronger other branches.
Pff... ;_;
p.s. Lol, sorry for my bad Eng.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-10-04
posté January 24, 2013, 10:43:14 | #17
Give us ice arrows! D:

posté January 24, 2013, 10:46:03 | #18

Quote (Kib0 @ 24 January 2013 10:43) *
Give us ice arrows! D:
Water Craaaa *O*
O, in Dofus is nice Water Cra's spell... Hmm.. First turn attack: -100% dmg of spell. Second turn: -100x2%(200%) dmg of spell. Really strong. *O* But too long distance yeah. XDD

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté January 24, 2013, 10:47:42 | #19

Quote (Bugyvugy @ 24 January 2013 10:34) *

Quote (Alabastr1x @ 24 January 2013 09:48) *

And why Cra Precision will be able to do 30-80% dmg instead of 30-500? Those 500% are very rare to be considered balance breaking, really.
Shi- Didnt see this. o_o
This. Is. Really. Not. Good. :c
I hope for 500% dmg and stun each fight.
You joking right?
500% dmg is A LOT. It's one of things that make Cra overpowered.
I'm glad it got nerfed, but it will be still powerfull with 30%-80% dmg bonus after counting powerfull shooting.
I don't see a reason why they nerf range. Cra will have it highest anyway.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2007-11-27
posté January 24, 2013, 11:16:45 | #20
Range... I will miss you so much T_T