Back to

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 26 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

ZeraKoN's profile
400 Posts (0.15 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 08, 2015, 21:48:06 | #1
Loved the update! Ecaflip here. Kinda hated the Lock = Dodge but that's fixable.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #884363  Replies : 37  Views : 2721
posté June 18, 2015, 19:40:04 | #2
No. You must earn something really good out of the subscription. Exp, kamas, early access and beta test. All the things that keep me paying for it.

Also, Ankama need to pay their workers, or the game will simply be shutdown.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #877209  Replies : 40  Views : 1437
posté June 17, 2015, 21:19:47 | #3
As said b4... Haters gonna hate.
I hope Ankama don't listen to these crying baby kids who wont stop complaining until their classes can solo Steel Beak.

Like many other communities, players just want to be OP. You wanna be OP and not use ur brain to acomplish challenges? Go play Ragnarok, Wakfu is not for you.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #876829  Replies : 111  Views : 6144
posté June 15, 2015, 17:34:27 | #4
Just giving out my opnion, Wakfu PvP is rly good. Coming from a guy that enjoyed pvps in games such as Ultima Online, DotA, Diablo 2, Tera, WoW..
Also, most of my time in Wakfu was as a Water Eca

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #875745  Replies : 42  Views : 2134
posté June 05, 2015, 22:56:15 | #5
(bug) Hunter... It is not working. Mobs leaving or entering the "area" does not trigger the spell.

Also, Bow Meow should totally be controllable! x.x Sadidas having been problems with uncontrollable summons for decades... AI on summons does not work as they should and a strategy game, this kind of mechanic is essential to win!

I loved the new Hunter area heal! Holy ***** is huge!! s2s2s2

(bug) Cat Tree is invisible.

Damage Done = Final Damage? From some tests that I did, it is. But I would love to have some clarification.

(bug) Ecaflip Die have no description.

(bug) Black Bow Meow damage is incredible low. I think it's not using the %dmg from its stats.

This post has been edited by ZeraKoN - June 05, 2015, 23:02:08.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #872062  Replies : 295  Views : 12284
posté June 03, 2015, 15:11:44 | #6
I wouldn't doubt that... The implementation of the game database should be simple, for example:

1- They have a database with the characters and their respective ID.
2- There's also a database for saving the account details and its ID.
3- And a third database to link the Character ID with the Account ID it belongs to.

Something like this:

Characters < AccountCharacters > Account

Basically the service the OP desires (and me... and the whole community hehe) would be to change the "AccountCharacters" from the old one to the new one... It is simple if it was coded right. Really, really simple... And would also earn Ankama some $$$  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #870902  Replies : 6  Views : 699
posté June 02, 2015, 21:57:33 | #7
A Batman Parody Hello community!

I would like to ask everyone the following question:

If the whole community was made of honorable players, how bad would be the situation of the server at the moment?...

People like to use that sentence from the Batman movie: "Some men just want to watch the world burn".

Let me remind the whole community about another moment in the Batman movie:

The Joker, at the top of that building, happily waiting for one of the boats to explode and... nothing happens. You know who defeated him that moment? Not the Batman, but the community itself.

Before blaming Sabi or Ankama devs, lets think about what made the problem be a problem at the first place: lots of players obtained a high-lvl expensive item for almost free.

And who made them buy those items?.... Themselves.

The "hacker" didn't exploit only a game bug, but also the bad side of the community.

Everyone had the choice to do not participate on this, but instead, most of YOU chose to participate.

Most of players that are complaining, would duplicate items or just buy them if they had the chance. If you are one of them, think twice b4 your next post. You suck.

I would also like to thanks those that didn't join the "hacker" side, those that even with the opportunity, didn't buy anything, didn't accept any trade with that criminal. Also, thanks Ankama for trying to solve the problem the best way possible for everyone and thanks Sabi, for having so much patience with some players that deserves as much a "ban" as the "hacker" himself.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #870602  Replies : 16  Views : 1067
posté May 18, 2015, 00:13:37 | #8
Xelor Temple Bugs Server: Remington
Character: Zerakon
Map: Xelor Temple (main quest)
Time: 05/17/2015 ~ 21h
Game Version: 1.42.124063

1. The Xelor's Sandglass may be obtained infinitely from the chest.
2. The past beacons are not marking as "complete" (you can see that I already completed the temple but the quest is still telling me to deactivate them - this might be caused because I tried to deactivate the beacon without killing the "guards" first - I managed to finish the quest by doing the temple all over again, the beacon got "deactivated" on the "Present"version of the temple)
3. The description of both "Xelor's Sandglass" and "Shard Crystal" are wrong.
4. The room on the second image is supposed to have anything? Is kinda of difficult to get there because of the barrier system.

This post has been edited by ZeraKoN - May 18, 2015, 00:43:18.
Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #862695  Replies : 0  Views : 277
posté May 06, 2015, 22:33:02 | #9

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 06 May 2015 03:58) *
But how exactly disabling logs will impact the game? We don't know if it's even legal because no one from Ankama bothered replying here.
I'm tempted to try it anyways because now with 3-4 clients JUST LAUNCHED my cpu usage goes up to 80-85%. Single acc consumes 700-900 mb by default and skyrockets to over 1gb if you switch maps and toons a bit. Like, really a bit.
Exactly, I would also like to hear from the devs. Yesterday I tried again, with and without logging and it worked. Ofc this might not be the case of other players, I'm just trying to help those that already tried "everything" and are still having video-lag issues.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #859305  Replies : 20  Views : 2592
posté May 05, 2015, 19:00:06 | #10

Quote (Asriah @ 05 May 2015 05:28) *
This issue has always been centered around memory usage. Wakfu hasn't been coded to properly dump memory it isn't using anymore. So once it hits a certain point it starts to leak. This is why some people have never experienced this issue. Those who have 4gbs or less of memory are less likely to run into memory leak issues since the rest of the system is already using a large portion of what is available.

If what you're testing does really lower memory usage it will probably help. But after a while you'll still have to restart the client.
Maybe, but, if you set the ".log" files do "Read Only" and disable the Write access to all users in the computer on the "logs" folders (there are 2), the video-lag spike might never ever happen again. This is what I have experienced for about a week now.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #858841  Replies : 20  Views : 2592
posté May 05, 2015, 03:16:45 | #11

Quote (KHfan22 @ 03 May 2015 21:39) *
So ZeraKoN,

I should delete the whole wakfu folder or selective folders?

No, not simply the Wakfu folder. The "Wakfu" folder, which is located on (ppl might confuse with the game folder):

"C:\Documents and Settings\.....\AppData\Local\Ankama"

If it's legit or not, well, it worked like a charm for me and I quitted quite a time ago because the video-lag spikes were too much. And now, I have none, just like that.

I would really appreciate if at least 1 developer confirm this. I have been watching the files under this folder and it seems like they are updated EVERY minute (the "wakfu_fileLoading.log" updates on every SECOND, jeez...). Why so much logging? Really? I know the game have a good amount of bugs but, this is excessive. Imo, Ankama should enable an option that we disable the logging, unless we are under a bug that we would like to share with them or at least, reduce the amount or the frequency in which the logs are updated.

From the tests I've done, deleting that folder will make you lose the following stuff:
- Current Game Configuration
- Old chats
- Last username used
- Game help that you have saw (the small tutorials that appear on the upper-left side of the screen)

I didn't lose anything but that. If you would like, install Wakfu on a different computer and do that. I didn't find this action, in any way, prejudicial to the game.

Well, for those that are worried, I went even further today: I marked all ".log" files under the "Documents and Settings\...\AppData\Local\Ankama\" folder as "Read only" and "Invisible". And also, denied the permission on "Write" access to every login on my computer to both "logs" sub-folders (the one within "game" folder and the one outside). With this, there's no way Wakfu can "log" THAT much anymore and the game is running smoother than ever... haha! It's like a brand new world to me ~~ =D

Really, Ankama should enable an option to stop logging so much so the players that are not on "bug searching day" may just play the game.

The amount of memory used also went down by 150mb. But I am not sure it was because of the logging thought.

This post has been edited by ZeraKoN - May 05, 2015, 04:36:40.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #858667  Replies : 20  Views : 2592
posté May 03, 2015, 19:19:13 | #12
An update on this. After 1 and a half-year having video-lag spikes on my Wakfu client, I did the following (the above didn't work but the last part - in bold - did the trick):

1. Uninstalled all Wakfus (I had 3: Original Wakfu, Beta Wakfu and Steam Wakfu)
2. Deleted everything "Ankama" and "Wakfu" related on "regedit" (you should not do this unless you know what you are doing)
3. Reinstalled the game.

This didn't work, I still had the video-lag spikes and video freezes (in fact, the game froze on the login screen, right after I started it, after the reinstallation).

But I noticed that my last login used, remained unchanged, even after uninstalling all the "Wakfus" and deleting everything on the "regedit". That was weird but lighted up an idea:

After some research, I noticed that Ankama creates a folder that saves every "tutorial" step, options and other stuffs on:

"C:\Documents and Settings\.....\AppData\Local\Ankama"

Well.. I had nothing to lose so, I deleted the whole folder.
Guess what? 0 lag now. For about a week! No freezes, nothing!

For those seeking for an explanation, here's my theory (I would like to have a confirmation from the Dev Team):

That folder "logs" a good amount of what happens while you're playing. In my case, I had the game installed for over 3 years (yep, never formatted my HD). The folder had over 100mb of text and images (not many images but a HELL lot of text and logging). So, when the client tries to read and write these huge and numerous files, the game "lag-spike". And then it comes to a moment that it freezes. For those who know, 100mb of text is a freaking LOT and in my opinion, the game will return on lagging after some point but, now I know how to fix it.

This post has been edited by ZeraKoN - May 03, 2015, 19:31:45.
Reason for edit : Added the tech explanation
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #858151  Replies : 20  Views : 2592
posté November 12, 2014, 17:14:35 | #13
"This code is not available in your community."

Thread : News  Preview message : #795780  Replies : 120  Views : 6928
posté June 28, 2014, 03:23:38 | #14
Lol.... I payed for 2 years of Wakfu, and now that I have only a few months left you guys do this?.... hahahaha holy jeez... Seriously? Who came up with this idea? rly?

Thread : News  Preview message : #749975  Replies : 198  Views : 24700
posté June 25, 2014, 12:12:37 | #15
This is good and bad...
The good thing is that the community will grow exponentially and now I may invite all my friends to come play with me!
The bad news are... as everyone knows: Bots. Oh yeah... There will be a HELL lot of them... =/

Thread : News  Preview message : #749198  Replies : 303  Views : 25224
posté June 24, 2014, 12:31:01 | #16
OMG! Each of these future-update logs looks like a dream coming true! *________*

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #748793  Replies : 6  Views : 2902
posté June 13, 2014, 17:19:44 | #17
Reconnecting in combat: you're not dreaming! Our developers have worked hard to develop a first draft of this functionality and oh so requested feature!
Inter-character account chest: this is another feature that has caused much ink, and you will finally be able to test it.
First step towards the mounts: YES! the mounts!! You will be able to ride the World of Twelve on their back... or almost.

WOW!!! Ok, if half of this functionalities are working, I retire everything bad I ever said about Ankama. I know, it's not for now but, it's on test already... and I am surprised as ***** ! Congratulation Ankama developers! Nice work!

Thread : News  Preview message : #744309  Replies : 60  Views : 4883
posté May 11, 2014, 14:22:55 | #18
They are balanced... you're just bad or equipless...

I've been a Water Ecaflip for over 2,5 years now... And I've been winning and losing to many classes out there... like Air Osa's, Earth Enus, Air Xelors, Water Masqs, Fire Sacriers, Stasis Foggers, etc... Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. It depends on a lot of things like: how many times you did crit in the fight? where both of you started? how many side/backstab hits both of you did? who had the higher ini? wich ini bonus did you get? what are yours equipments? do you know how your opponent skills works? do you know which flaws their classes have? the list of questions goes on and on...

So don't start another "rage-on-balance-make-my-class-OP-pls-thread" just because some players defeated you @ Astrub portal...

This post has been edited by ZeraKoN - May 11, 2014, 14:24:54.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #730421  Replies : 27  Views : 1389