Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

[Revamp] Sram Design Document
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-01
posté June 12, 2014, 12:53:11 | #141

Quote (loloshua @ 12 June 2014 12:09) *
The water branch and "Loot or Ripoff" doesn't make any sense to me.

Is the water branch going to be like an enu?
Very very different from an enu. A water enu drops pouches for items and is a stationary turret.

Water srams steal a bit differently and can help buff themselves or teammates.

They can steal:
- HP (damages enemies while adding stolen heals to loot)
- Lock (removes enemy lock and places it in the loot)
- Damage (lowers the enemies damage while adding said stolen damage to the loot)
- AP and MP (removed from the enemy to the loot)

This saved up loot can then be used at any time during the Sram's turn. Give it to yourself or to your allies to give them a boost in said areas. This will really make the Sram a team player instead of a simple DPT class.

- Kat

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté June 14, 2014, 20:43:00 | #142

Quote (kurokat @ 12 June 2014 12:53) *

Very very different from an enu. A water enu drops pouches for items and is a stationary turret.

They can steal:
- Damage (lowers the enemies damage while adding said stolen damage to the loot)

This saved up loot can then be used at any time during the Sram's turn. Give it to yourself or to your allies to give them a boost in said areas. This will really make the Sram a team player instead of a simple DPT class.

- Kat
Or you could give the loot to the enemy, and it will act as debuffs and damage instead of buffs and heals. Really, this specialty is fantastic.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - June 14, 2014, 20:43:26.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-01-06
posté June 29, 2014, 11:05:33 | #143
From the French forums:

----------

" Hello friends sram, I come to share a message I sent about our redesign.
Our redesign will be testable on the beta server in July.
Grou is no longer responsible for our redesign.
I put it joined the azael message to try to reassure us So I confirm Grou you will not be in charge of sram because it is no longer in the team at the moment. The site is not abandoned so far, GD took over the site but I asked him to do some mods. I'll post on the forum to reassure you on this point. The first version will be on the current sram July beta server. "

-----------

This would fall in line with them having told us that they have a full team working on class redesigns at the moment, of which Grou does not take part (Makes me wonder if his redesign is even going to be used/edited at all). Either way, yay next month we can test them!

This post has been edited by VoidSettler - June 29, 2014, 11:12:31.
posté June 29, 2014, 11:12:31 | #144
Interesting :0
Does that mean the current redesign will follow through, or will it be taken in a completely new direction?

I mean, I dont really mind who does it, as long as it ends up being pretty cool. Cant wait to test it out  

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - June 29, 2014, 11:13:31.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-01-06
posté June 29, 2014, 11:13:02 | #145

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 29 June 2014 11:12) *
Interesting :0
Does that mean the current redesign will follow through, or will it be taken in a completely new direction?

Unfortunately no idea on that yet

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté June 30, 2014, 17:47:58 | #146
No more Grou OMG thank you! XD
happiest day in wakfu for me. Now classes can finally have the freedom they deserve because Grou is all about numbers, he doesn't understand the situations these classes find themselves in.

Like all those changes to air sram...

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-01-05
posté June 30, 2014, 18:26:02 | #147

Quote (VoidSettler @ 29 June 2014 11:05) *
From the French forums:

----------

" Hello friends sram, I come to share a message I sent about our redesign.
Our redesign will be testable on the beta server in July.
Grou is no longer responsible for our redesign.
I put it joined the azael message to try to reassure us So I confirm Grou you will not be in charge of sram because it is no longer in the team at the moment. The site is not abandoned so far, GD took over the site but I asked him to do some mods. I'll post on the forum to reassure you on this point. The first version will be on the current sram July beta server. "

-----------

This would fall in line with them having told us that they have a full team working on class redesigns at the moment, of which Grou does not take part (Makes me wonder if his redesign is even going to be used/edited at all). Either way, yay next month we can test them!
Could leave the post link? ty
XD

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté July 06, 2014, 04:35:23 | #148

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 14 June 2014 20:43) *

Quote (kurokat @ 12 June 2014 12:53) *

They can steal:

- Kat
Or you could give the loot to the enemy, and it will act as debuffs and damage instead of buffs and heals. Really, this specialty is fantastic.

There are alot of important informations missing, especially level differences for specialties.

Like does Loot or Ripoff cost AP/WP before level 9?
If that skill costs anything at any point, this is just bad.

Then crit values missing.
Bloody Ripoff currently has a double bonus from crit. You deal more damage and you steal a higher percentage of the dealt damage. Does this translate equally in the new version?

And then comes Sramshackle and Petty Thief. Those made me wow. Sram just became Ecaflip. You make a plan, and then roll luck just doesn't steal AP twice, and you just wasted your turn. Sorry, this idea is horrible.
With a chance based system, it is a bonus ontop of what it does without it which is... pathetic amounts of damage. Just as it does right now: 120% chance on level 1 if hit from the back. I rather steal 1 AP for sure than have a chance to steal 0-2. I want to rely on my tactic, not on a roll I have no influence of.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-07-18
posté July 15, 2014, 14:19:13 | #149
Cost alot of WP  

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté July 15, 2014, 14:35:25 | #150

Quote (Keli-Liesin @ 15 July 2014 14:19) *
Cost alot of WP

Wakfu as of right now, is something which needs a gamewide revamp.
It just isn't a very fun mechanic, to limit your skills in long fights. Especially when non specialities use Wakfu you might end up with one of your highest skills not available for a long time.

And this problem becomes worse when you use Wakfu in a class mechanic.
The current Sram revamp (which hopefully won't be implemented that way) has exactly this problem. Stealth and Double both require Wakfu.

That is why I play Feca at the moment. The class mechanic of Armor and Glyph does not require Wakfu. Wakfu is used for really unique skills like Teleportation Flux or Perfect Armor.
My guess is, that the Wakfu is currently used because the game lacks actual cooldowns on skills.