Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Growmore's profile
Statistics
30 Posts (0.03 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 25, 2012, 08:40:07 | #1
I posted on the video and i'll post here too, this is fantastic! Consolidates everything and delivers it with respect and constructive ideas. I particularly liked the mention of more Insignia boutique items If I may ask, what sort of topics have you been considering for future episodes?

This post has been edited by Growmore - April 25, 2012, 08:40:43.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #174705  Replies : 50  Views : 4132
posté April 25, 2012, 06:00:34 | #2
I've had this happen too. Can also remove dizzy entirely like Milking it does, on a crit.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #174679  Replies : 3  Views : 858
posté April 24, 2012, 00:30:07 | #3
I'm always interested in Roleplay, haven't done all that much of it though, ign Toldoru.

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #174187  Replies : 16  Views : 1438
posté April 22, 2012, 08:11:41 | #4
With a speech like that I wonder how he even got elected!

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #173657  Replies : 7  Views : 666
posté April 21, 2012, 01:12:47 | #5
If you guys can't get that working try and contact me in game, name Toldoru, and i'll send an invite your way.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #173337  Replies : 46  Views : 4930
posté April 19, 2012, 06:26:12 | #6
Hey now, it seems like there has not been any nerf stated explicitly, by a ccm or developer. No use getting all up in anti about what is at best and at present a vague and uncertain possibilty. Hell if anything you wily Ecaflips might be getting a nifty balancing procedure to be more competitive with other damage orientated classes, who knows, if there hasn't been a dev post why jump to conclusions?

Even the post linked to by the op of this thread is just some guy asking if the Ecaflip is going to be changed in the next patch.

This post has been edited by Growmore - April 19, 2012, 06:27:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #172525  Replies : 12  Views : 1472
posté April 17, 2012, 23:58:41 | #7
He's not that evil, there's like 3 episodes in season two where he's a part of the main storyline. He's just a sports fiend from Brakmar, anyone from Brakmar seems to have a pretty wacky (understatement) mentality.

Just look for people with the Tattoos, there's another episode in Season2 where there's a couple of huge Sacrier bodyguards. (Not being too specific in case of spoilers)

This post has been edited by Growmore - April 17, 2012, 23:59:48.
Thread : The Animated Series  Preview message : #171945  Replies : 14  Views : 1982
posté April 17, 2012, 08:55:25 | #8
Maybe compare to the damage per turns of other classes, would be an interesting comparison. People who complain about classes being nerfed always seem to only think about before and after for that one class. Is the damage per turn of Cras more on par or simiar to that of other classes now? Massive range surely should reduce the damage somewhat, but not to make it such that it wouldn't contribute to a group.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #171499  Replies : 89  Views : 5505
posté April 11, 2012, 04:16:50 | #9
Yeah this guide was written before the patch where Pandawas got a reworking, always check the post date ;D

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #168385  Replies : 8  Views : 4930
posté April 09, 2012, 00:13:10 | #10
My Pandawa is only level 42, so in terms of late game I don't know how this build is going to play out, just how it's been going and my experiences with it. To say the least I don't play the Pandawa as a damage dealer, while I always go for the most damage per turn I can, to contribute to the group. I largely tend to play it as support, moving stuff around for accessibility, using the barrel to block targets LoS etc.

Dairy Springer
is one of my main damage dealers, and for what it is, the Blindness effect that it deals with Dizzy doesn't really factor into my playstyle. I am playing as a semi-ranged class in terms of damage and support, who sometimes jumps into melee when stuff is getting low to help finish it off. One thing I will say is that the various effects like the ones on Explosive Flask and Light my Fire are definitely not to be scoffed at in terms of the damage they can do, but I don't imagine seeing them very often until later in the game when you have the chance to get really high stacks of Dizzy, while something still has enough HP to really work the damage on with them.

For my stats I have gone for 1AP and the rest into Intellect, Fire is still my damage element, I just like dealing damage while stacking Dizzy. A combo I use when soloing is Bubble Trouble + Dairy Springer, which is probably the most damage I can do per turn at this point. I have yet to max out Bamboozle. I've got 10 Incandescent, 9 Karchamrak, I think, 4 Barrelhop? (so it costs 2ap) and only 5 Bamboozle. Without a doubt Bamboozle is the most efficient way to stack dizzy on a target, even now it's 5 Dizzy, 10 Merry and all for 2 AP. So I sometimes combine it with Milk Fountain for 11 Dizzy (not to mention +10% Damage for myself and any Allies Around me), and perhaps a second time for 22 and +20% Damage.

Something to keep in mind for Bamboozle is that using it more than two turns in a row at max level will reduce your damages and stats on the subsequent turn, a 40 stack of Worn Out. So if you can't stay in range for Milky Breath, a longer range water attack is helpful for maintaining those stacks while you wait for the 20 stack Worn Out and being able to cast Bamboozle again.

The Incandescent effect that I talked about was just something interesting that I noticed, the way it can keep on stacking up. I only have around 100%+Fire Damage, but even with that it can get to do to 30+ damage if it gets to 100 stacks. It's not like its heaps, but it can contribute something substantial to the overall damage in the long run.

Your example of damage is very interesting Lindel. I'll try it out when I max out Bamboozle to see the comparative damage amounts, the numbers look as though they could be close, but I'll have to wait and see. Another reason I use Milk Fountain is for a high damage attack at range that isn't tied to Dizzy like Explosive Flask or Milking It is. It's not like I use it as a primary attack, like I would Dairy Springer or Explosive Flask (With enough stacks of Dizzy so that its Explosion is somewhat reliable), but it is nice being able to do similar damage at 6 range.

So in a sense I play Fire/Water as a Support Hybrid with some potential for damage in the long term, rather than as a maximum damage orientated build. Perhaps I do more sustained damage from the start, but it won't be nearly as high as a more Fire focused damage output build.

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #167213  Replies : 17  Views : 4026
posté April 08, 2012, 10:50:24 | #11
Woah, politics is like full on drama! The guy who started this thread, imo, troll. He's pulling all the tactics to get a rise out of someone, bad grammar and spelling, contradictory statements, blatant denial of aggressive behaviour (while being outright aggressive from the word go). Someone like that isn't worth listening to, such a lack of respect for another human being, regardless of the story he may have (most of which, in his head, seems to be blindly fabricated from the gore singed turmoil of his imagination), doesn't warrant a coherent response. Hell even what I'm typing now will probably fall on deaf ears as far as he is concerned. He's got his point of view and probably can't see past it.

Something I've already stated somewhere on these forums, that so many of the people who post are just downright negative, yet people reply to them as though they're contributing something constructive! If someone actually wants to 'criticize' the government, genuinely, then they'd do it with respect and appreciation of the fact that the government are other people too.

Someone like this guy clearly isn't looking to be taken seriously.

The government is doing a great job, someone a couple posts before this said that and summed it up. I don't even have enough CP to vote, but if I did I'd vote for Odeen.

This post has been edited by Growmore - April 08, 2012, 10:55:10.
Thread : Politics  Preview message : #166937  Replies : 37  Views : 2198
posté April 08, 2012, 07:45:26 | #12
I've been playing a Water/Fire Pandawa since the release. One thing I've been using in my build is Milk Fountain, that and Bubble Trouble are the two water spells I use.

Lindel cautioned against Milk Fountain on the basis of High AP cost and damage in a build that is focused on fire, that any water spells used in this build are for stacking dizzy and not dealing damage. (That's what I got from it at least, his post was more in depth)

I'll say why I use it just so you have a different perspective. When the patch was released I noticed that they put the cast on barrel damage for water spells up again, so in terms of damage the water spells that can be cast on the barrel are that much more powerful. Also, having 6 AP means that it puts 6 stacks of Dizzy, and has 6 Range! So you can use it (non-barrel) from the first turn on your target, plus it has a small cross AoE like Explosive Flask, which makes it a nifty, not to mention devastating combo for late game (with 9ap). You can use this in conjunction with a Light my Fire (if 7ap), or a Bubble Trouble (if 8AP), or even a Bamboozle (depending on ap and what level bamboozle is). All of which do solid damage + stack dizzy to some degree.

One thing I have noticed is that the fire abilities like Explosive Flask and Light my Fire, while doing average damage initially, often don't get a chance to become really devastating unless you're fighting something with more HP. Especially taking into account that when you're playing in groups, people are hitting your Dizzy targets harder, thanks to the -All Resist, so low HP stuff often dies before you get a chance to dish out the high Dizzy stack damage. So in terms of contribution to a team, being able to deal solid damage while stacking Dizzy on targets is a bonus.

Of course when you have Dizzy stacked things really start getting fun. It's also interesting to notice something about the Incandescent effect. When you make something incandescent, because the buff has a "1 Turn" duration, you can refresh it the next time you attack (whether this is intentional or not is uncertain), and the stacks increase by as many stacks of Dizzy there are on the target. So it has a kind of exponential effect. Here's something I've been playing with.

Milk Fountain + Light my Fire = 6 Dizzy and 6 Incandescent
Next turn, same combo say: 12 Dizzy and 18 Incandescent
Next: 18 Dizzy and 36 Incandescent
etc, etc.

Those stacks of Incandescent get to be dishing a fair amount of damage, I haven't managed to do this in group play but soloing (which I rarely do) is a cool way to try it out. It makes the 2AP fire spell Light my Fire that much more of a damage dealer. Say you get something up to 50 stacks of Dizzy, LMF twice is 100 stacks of Incandescent, which is effected by your +Fire Damage, not to mention the Burning effect it puts on there. Even, (with 8AP, although you would lose the stacks of dizzy in doing so) 2x Explosive Flask.

So, this has turned out to be a general explanation of how I'm playing a Fire/Water Pandawa, as well as some nifty observations. As far as Special Abilities go, I follow all of Lindels recommendations. For spells though there is always a degree of how you want to play the class, because being so versatile in general allows their elemental trees to be likewise. Coming back to the point where I launched into this post, why I use Milk Fountain, I also like the map manipulation granted by casting it on the barrel. With 7AP you can pick up, throw, and Milk Fountain something, either to pull it away from an ally, pull yourself around, or pull something into lock with an ally.

So, yeah. There's my contribution  

This post has been edited by Growmore - April 08, 2012, 11:40:41.
Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #166897  Replies : 17  Views : 4026
posté April 04, 2012, 22:11:22 | #13
Be patient bros, at the rate they're hotfixing I'm sure they'll get to everyone.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #165377  Replies : 62  Views : 6466
posté March 30, 2012, 13:43:41 | #14
Cheers for that Troyle, it's nice having some light shed on what is happening within Ankama with regards to things like this, even if it is only a thin ray through a blind, and it's encouraging to know that your own position is sympathetic to what some of the player base is experiencing.

A lot of people on these forums seem to make brash assumptions stemming from apparently high expectations, not to mention a whole range of jumping to conclusions and irrational argumentation resulting from any degree of self righteous lines of thinking.

My understanding is that Ankama is a (relatively?) small company who maybe have difficulty finding staff and resources to proceed with tasks at a rate that would have the entire community be satisfied. There seems to be pressure from an outside distributor (Square Enix) to release content at an accelerated rate, not to mention a large player base who seem to spend a great deal of time complaining. There's no doubt they're flooded with bug reports from all corners of the globe, each of which may require a great deal of scouring through scripts and running tests and whatnot, I really don't know but that's what I imagine the case to be.

While it is true that this game has a good share of bugs in it, more than most games would have upon release, the reasons behind this could be anything from the complexity of the programming involved to rushed choices and haphazard planning, but really as a community we know very little what goes on in the dev teams offices.

I enjoy playing this game, with all its bugs and problems, it's unique artistic style and atmosphere makes it great for chilling out and listening to music, not to mention tactical thinking and participation in a 'living' ecosystem. There is a lot more to it than just whether or not your spell or special ability is working properly, or if it does sufficient damage, if you find good people then that makes the experience all the richer.

This is my interpretation, it is just a general observation to all who may be interested in reading this, somewhat wallish text.

For those TLDR's out there: Don't worry, be happy, 'tis just a game, a work of art, some casual fun.
If it makes you angry, are you still having fun?

This post has been edited by Growmore - March 30, 2012, 13:48:48.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #162239  Replies : 15  Views : 1379
posté March 29, 2012, 02:54:44 | #15
This is when he's playing his Ecaflip, no other of his characters are affected by this. It is quite severe, he has spent a fair amount of time leveling professions and playing this character, this renders him unable to play on it.

This post has been edited by Growmore - March 29, 2012, 03:00:12.
Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #161089  Replies : 1  Views : 316
posté February 29, 2012, 09:16:02 | #16
So far the people in SouthernCross are a damn cool crowd! For any Australians or New Zealanders who are feeling like Sufokia is the place to be, check out this guild!
(Bump! )

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #139815  Replies : 46  Views : 4930
posté February 25, 2012, 22:20:49 | #17
Yarg, I spotted that right after I made the post!

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #137279  Replies : 12  Views : 852
posté February 25, 2012, 22:15:59 | #18
This! Is going to be awesome! Though I'm starting university on release week, it will be very cool to have people playing in a similar time zone, rather than logging on to a apparently dead game! I think this is the place for me!

Gotta say as well, props for the website! It is slick.

This post has been edited by Growmore - February 25, 2012, 22:24:30.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #137277  Replies : 46  Views : 4930