Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Fadedscourge's profile
Statistics
699 Posts (0.77 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 04:14:26 | #1

Quote (lealr @ 29 August 2014 03:32) *
Complaining is always something good to do. Or grinding which leads to more complaining, so not much.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767294  Replies : 10  Views : 334
posté Today - 04:07:52 | #2

Quote (Brokonaut @ 29 August 2014 03:43) *
The new Sram may feel a little overpowered in September. The goal will be to make every class just as interesting to bring unique advantages to your team compositions.

• Mango
Do you have an idea if a new patch will come to collectively revamp all classes altogether, or will it be just like it has been, class per class per patch?

I'm not really down to be waiting months-to-year for all classes to be up-to-par with Fecas, Xelors, and Srams.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767293  Replies : 46  Views : 1317
posté Today - 03:53:41 | #3

Quote (Rakobi @ 28 August 2014 20:50) *
Hello! As the thread states I am pretty new - I've played about two weeks and have some other characters, but I think I want to make my ecaflip my go to character, but I had a few questions.

My first question is whether fire/earth is truly viable. Most people I've talked to think I'm crazy for not wanting to go down water for self healing and better aoe. I was wondering if I would later come to seriously regret not picking water up - I feel like I normally would but I've also heard tri-brid builds are pretty bad because the gear doesn't support it.

My second question is how I should allocate my specialty stats. I'm not sure if I should level precision first or what.

My third question is what my spells should be. I know I should take d-6, craps, and die alright from fire. I also think heads or tails and three cards are the good earth spells. But doesn't that leave a bit of xp left over for another spell? What should that last spell be?

Anyone that answers these questions has my sincere thanks.
I'm the first fire/earth Eca on Nox since dual elements was viable, so I'll be answering your questions.

Question 1: Fire/Earth was the first dual element combination that was viable for Ecas, for the longest of time water has always been lacking, until recently. Water nowadays has become pretty popular due to their healing and support capabilities, but that's not to say that fire/earth is not good. Fire/earth Ecas dishes out some of the best DPT dmg in this game. Once you go Fire/earth you will not go back, nor regret it, the dmg potential is just too great.

One thing to note, you will not see great numbers in earlier levels. Once you are lv 115+ with proper gear, you will start to notice the jump in numbers.

PS: Come this upcoming patch, tri-builds will be more viable.

Question 2: It's kind-of irrelevant for me to give you any builds as pretty much everything gear-related will change starting the new patch, and there will be tons of different build potential. I'll come back to this when gear changes are more settled.

For now, just learn to play the class, know the effects good/bad of tarots, and their good/bad card combinations. This determines your skill in the class.

Question 3: You seem to know a bit about the main spells of fire/earth. You got D-six/ Die Alright/ Three-cards/ and HoT. There are a lot of players that enjoy diff play styles. In my current build, I went Craps as my 5th skill, others go Dice Roullette for the AoE capability, or Battle (I honestly feel this skill should be scrapped off and replaced along with Loaded Dice).

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #767291  Replies : 1  Views : 68
posté Today - 03:23:49 | #4
I wish characters were more animated like these, but it should be quick animations, not like Feca's drip animation...

This post has been edited by Fadedscourge - August 29, 2014, 03:24:00.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767286  Replies : 13  Views : 403
posté Yesterday - 15:26:17 | #5
Been using steam to play Wakfu since I got a key. I like how you don't have to enter your account info when logging into Wakfu, and the downloader is much faster as well.

6000 ogrs for 6dollars, what? Will be buying all my ogrs from steam

This post has been edited by Fadedscourge - August 28, 2014, 15:28:26.
Reason for edit : Double posted due to phone lag
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767097  Replies : 7  Views : 334
posté Yesterday - 15:19:24 | #6

Quote (Brokonaut @ 28 August 2014 07:20) *
If anything, if I was a newer player I would be more inclined to go somewhere at a face value less developed, therein a smaller population (on the discussion of small vs. medium population on the server selection list). Or the server with a small American flag next to its name.

• Mango
This so much.

Nailed it.

I'm one to always look for the lower population servers as there is less lag involved compared to high populated servers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767095  Replies : 53  Views : 865
posté Yesterday - 14:51:28 | #7
The mummy candy is actually kinda useless, and pointless.

If your pet dies, just get an Osa powder, don't waste ogrines getting that candy.

This post has been edited by Fadedscourge - August 28, 2014, 14:52:46.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767087  Replies : 6  Views : 180
posté August 27, 2014, 06:17:07 | #8
Laaamee

Thread : News  Preview message : #766701  Replies : 17  Views : 315
posté August 25, 2014, 23:13:50 | #9
I wish they could just give all the upcoming info for September already, I'm tired of all this waiting.

Thread : News  Preview message : #766348  Replies : 16  Views : 508
posté August 25, 2014, 17:37:16 | #10

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 August 2014 14:33) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 25 August 2014 07:07) *
I'd rather be able to buy Ogrines again, than PvP for points, personally.

I'm waiting for the, 'you don't get PvP points unless you're subbed' shoe to drop.
lel

Thread : News  Preview message : #766261  Replies : 55  Views : 1368
posté August 23, 2014, 05:41:23 | #11
Awesumm!

Thread : News  Preview message : #765630  Replies : 55  Views : 1368
posté August 21, 2014, 04:57:14 | #12
10/10 for this Mango!

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #764915  Replies : 20  Views : 927
posté August 13, 2014, 00:15:57 | #13

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 12 August 2014 22:02) *

Quote (khackt @ 12 August 2014 16:14) *

you get to choose
You get to choose when you get the item or you get to choose if the item is revamped?
We get to choooooose!?

Man, I hope this goes through!

Taking PP completely out of the picture (in terms of belts) is really lame (idk if they took pp out of belts as well?). I hope drop %'s more than double in its revamp. It's only reasonable, poor Enu's. But tbh, knowing Ankama, I'm sure there will be a way to compensate the state of Enu's with pp being taken away.

We really just have to wait until all classes get revamped.

This post has been edited by Fadedscourge - August 13, 2014, 00:19:28.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762463  Replies : 57  Views : 1679
posté August 12, 2014, 19:05:30 | #14
So many players are confused about this change, idk what's so hard to understand.

They are not changing the way you obtain/trade relics at this current state of the game, nor will they change it. What will be added are -linked- fragments obtained from tokens. It is assumed you can obtain a relic fragment of your choice by completing 2 runs of your designated dungeon. So, the cost of a relic fragment is two tokens. That token is what will be classified as linked, meaning you can't trade those because they are complimenting the way you would normally obtain frags (through drops)

Droppable frags/relics will still be exchangeable. This new system is great, stop your whining. They literally just made it easier for players to obtain relics.

Multiboxing is a play style, it does not in any way provide an advantage over other players.

Item linking is pretty much in every other mmo, this change does not phase me. Most mmo's have soulbound (player bound) items, BoE (Bind on Equipped) items, BoA (Bound on Account), etc. Generally it means, you would think twice before equipping gear.

This new gear change to Wakfu is similar, but no different, just an increase in drop rates.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762384  Replies : 21  Views : 601
posté August 11, 2014, 02:32:58 | #15

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 11 August 2014 02:04) *
It's too bad there is already a thread dedicated to all beta server changes

But nice try
I lol'd, but this ^

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761811  Replies : 17  Views : 454
posté August 11, 2014, 02:29:28 | #16

Quote (Ichiechiechie @ 10 August 2014 17:14) *

Quote (Dy7 @ 10 August 2014 17:09) *
Hello,

Quote (Sargent-Wiggest @ 10 August 2014 13:13) *
(...) and your Ip will be checked often to see if you are logging multiple accounts?

Wtf.

No one has said anything like this. This is totally false.
----
Original post there : Click here

Thank you!
Man... I just finished reading this whole thread. At this point, I was opening another tab to cancel all my subs.

I 100% agree with the proposed changes of Dy7.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761809  Replies : 115  Views : 2395
posté August 11, 2014, 01:42:57 | #17

Quote (Meowsa @ 11 August 2014 00:00) *

Quote (MidgetMike17 @ 10 August 2014 05:24) *
"Unpopular Opinion:
I think that once they implement all these changes in the global revamp, or even after the second class revamp, they should wipe the server. Putting us all on the same playing field again might be just what this community needs, especially since so MUCH is changing. It'll pretty much be a different game after all of this."

No. You think thats fair to the people that have paid to play this game for a year +? No it is not.

They should not be making this severe of changes in the first place and I dont see how they can justify it since we are not in a beta phase (not officially anyway).

~Jazza
I HAVE played the game for a year+. I've made a few different accounts, countless characters and re-rolls, joined and led many guilds, and have finally gotten to a level high enough to join my guild-mates and friends in content, and I still want this.

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 10 August 2014 19:58) *
Dude, do you know the struggle, yeah... I said "struggle" to gear your chars with the shitty ass drop rates and to then having to level them up, and then gearing all your alts;
In case you hadn't read the rest of this thread, they're changing drop-rates by bringing in a new token-system for all gear and such. With all the changes coming to the game, you might as WELL start fresh. Everyone's going to need new gear, and all the classes are going to completely change soon after. And hey, you might not even NEED alts, since we'd all be on the same playing-field again. There would be *gasp* people to play with.

That being said, I did say it was unpopular. Haha. Let the rage continue.
I'm not raging, just simply calling you out on your bs, and it's quite obvious your "year +" Wakfu experience hasn't told you how Ankama works. You would be the one to keep buying their cupcakes, no matter how much they say they're better than their last batch.

Your will to sacrifice all you've obtained it's because you probably don't have much to sacrifice in the first place. Any player that has played since before beta can tell you the same. Managing a guild or "leading" doesn't justify your reason as to why you feel the need that restarting servers is needed.

Managing a guild in this game isn't some big shit either, it's not like GvG is in our hands as of yet, and guild-required dungeons, such as, raids, etc. aren't in existence either. Being part of a guild is simply because you find yourself fitting in.

You can simply delete all your chars, and start fresh with all the newbies, it servers the same purpose; or just go to one of the recently opened servers, like the portuguese server. Just because you feel like an underdog among all these players that HAVE played longer than you have, ALSO doesn't mean that a server wipe is necessary, it just simply means you can't surpass them.

There are good things about this patch, and there are bad things. The % increase in which Ankama is increasing the droprates in gear STILL isn't enough. It's a good thing they are increasing, but it's still not enough.

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #761796  Replies : 515  Views : 22840
posté August 10, 2014, 19:58:07 | #18

Quote (MidgetMike17 @ 10 August 2014 05:24) *
"Unpopular Opinion:
I think that once they implement all these changes in the global revamp, or even after the second class revamp, they should wipe the server. Putting us all on the same playing field again might be just what this community needs, especially since so MUCH is changing. It'll pretty much be a different game after all of this."

Dude, do you know the struggle, yeah... I said "struggle" to gear your chars with the shitty ass drop rates and to then having to level them up, and then gearing all your alts; the professions, all that time dumped into the drain for a server wipe. Fuck no. gtfo with that.

Everyone would quit, every single player that has been playing this game for at least 5 months would quit.

I know this is your own "unpopular opinion" but Wakfu would be ruined.

Years worth of subs and .. not even finishing this.

This post has been edited by Fadedscourge - August 10, 2014, 20:00:28.
Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #761696  Replies : 515  Views : 22840
posté August 10, 2014, 03:19:17 | #19

Quote (TargetMePlz @ 09 August 2014 16:47) *
No

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761457  Replies : 19  Views : 552
posté August 10, 2014, 03:10:28 | #20
I love transparency, at some point you even forget you have it toggled on.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761453  Replies : 6  Views : 254