Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

GrimackReapum's profile
Statistics
392 Posts (0.4 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 20, 2014, 20:58:48 | #1

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 20 July 2014 19:12) *
You're right, they're 10. Just 6 achieved their goal: Make the dragons lay a Dofus.
Yeah, I just know about those 3: Dathura, Filacia and Lacrima.

I had made a post about Dathura some time ago, it could be useful for you if you want to know a little bit more. (be sure to read the link to Found Fragments IV).

Interesting post. Somehow it would make sense that Sadida's dolls had all kinds of shapes and sizes to allure to the dragons' fancy, so all of them looking like attractive maidens seems too easy and thus reinforcing that theory.

Then again, both Dathura and Filacia look... rather hot and even the doll Rushu made was quite a looker, so maybe Dragons only go for the young, female and sexy.

Addendum : Read the Found Fragments

Why did Enutrof and Sram want Dofus?? The Found Fragments speak as they just want their new world to thrive with the harmony of Dofus, but then again, both Enutrof or Sram are not the most warm-hearted of gods. Why would they want the world to strive. I would understand from gods like Eniripsa or Feca, but them??

And the Fragments also speak of dolls in their image. Dathura looks nothing like the elemental dragons, to be honest. I'm afraid I can't quite fit all the pieces together

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755511  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté July 20, 2014, 16:50:02 | #2

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 16 July 2014 17:52) *
About Protoflex, there's nothing.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
About Filacia, nothing neither xD But in the Otakia review about Ogrest manga they show a Dathura's sister (another Sadida's doll) whose name is Lacrima:

(I would say she's talking to Harebourg, just look at the 'icy' frames)

Probably logical that we can't find any reference to Protoflex in the Dofus age as it was apparently a prototype for Sire Flexington, a completely Stasis driven Foggernaut, which came after the Age of Dofus. Who designed is another matter, of course, but seeing how Merkator is still alive and at the source of the completely stasified Foggernauts, we can assume he had some hand in it

About the dolls of Sadida, how many are known at the moment? The legends speak of 10 dolls to seduce the dragons, but for now we only know Dathure, Filicia
And Lacrimosa
Any sources on that?

This post has been edited by GrimackReapum - July 20, 2014, 16:54:03.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755467  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté July 16, 2014, 16:04:07 | #3

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 16 July 2014 14:48) *
But... what do you want to know? There's nothing to say about them apart from "the Voyagers made them as accompanying machines"...

Also, someone explain to me how that guy a few posts below Nelson's data dump assumed that Gein has anything to do with the Ogrest manga and why he suddenly started talking about Enurado update, which happened months ago and didn't really bring any interesting information.

No, ok, you're right... they're just machines. Don't know what I was hoping for, but I had always hoped sidekicks would have their own interesting stories...

The Gein thing is maybe a stretch, as we know already he's a demi-god
But could this mean Harebourg himself could be a Divine Child?

About the Enurado update... Maybe I'm mistaken, but maybe there will be an Enurado update in Wakfu as well?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754458  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté July 16, 2014, 09:16:41 | #4

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 12 July 2014 23:33) *
I think that there's no more explanation given, because Ankama decided that there's already enough information about the Krosmoglobs in Dofus, which wasn't the case with Virulent Treachrose/Filacia and Protoflex.

Could you (or anyone else into Dofus lore) help us out on what is known about them in Dofus, because I only found a small entry telling me it is a gift from one of the Voyagers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754406  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté July 16, 2014, 08:29:33 | #5
Thanks a lot for the tip! I was so gonna start a thread myself why my floating blob of water wasn't doing anything damage-like until I saw this thread.

I named mine Quartz and together with my Protoflex Tick-Tock and my Sinistros he's a lean, mean, protect-the-Xelor machine  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754396  Replies : 7  Views : 429
posté July 12, 2014, 22:54:04 | #6
Ryf,

any chance we get a bit of background on the latest sidekick (Krosmoglob) as it is so closely related to Pandora and her kind? I love what you did with the Protoflex, so I hoped to see more of that... But I guess you're rather preoccupied with the larger stories at hand...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753505  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté July 07, 2014, 07:24:55 | #7

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 06 July 2014 06:02) *
MERKATOR

I've just defeated Merkator with some friends in Dofus (it's preeeeeeetty hardcore), and took the screenshots of his words, also the final of his quest (I've not got the beginning of the quest) in which he's accused by Captain Amakna of being responsible for contaminating the river Kawai (Amakna village's river).

Thanks for the info, Nelson! It's still funny though, a man/machine of his intelligence enduring for so long (and replacing all parts of himself that didn't endure) that's so hell-bent on just one objective. One wonders what he could achieve if he actually did set his mind to something more threatening, like taking over the World of Twelve.

By the way, do we know why Captain Amakna is so convinced of his guilt? Do these two have a past? Because besides supplying his 'men' with advanced technology and eco-terrorists with toxic waste, I see no real crime on his sheet. That is, in Dofus. In Wakfu he was presented to us with his rap sheet.
Click here

Ok, I admit, Alkatrool isn't canon anymore, but Merkator is, so assume his data remains the same. Or can anyone confirm that his dialogue has changed now that he's in Forfut?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751845  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté July 04, 2014, 13:08:29 | #8
Click here@N08/14570512232/Click here@N08/14570512232/

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751403  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté July 04, 2014, 12:16:13 | #9

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 03 July 2014 17:37) *
From what I understand, you're going to assemble a typical rpg party during the entire Voyager quest. So yeah, for now it looks like Chad is a normal young Sram joining you to add convenient backstabbing.

It doesn't make sense to assume that he's Gein, or even Sram's child overall. Gein has a different body type, more akin to a goblin or wingless Double than a human (there's basically no difference between krosmaster Gein and normal Gein in regards to proportions...). Not to mention that Gein would probably happily assassinate both the player and Pandora, judging from his actions in Dofus. He doesn't seem to be very fond of the Voyagers, just like his father.

I'm curious about the militia leader, though. Looks like he might be a recurring villain for a few chapters of the quest. It's too early to assume anything, but I'd say that he might work as Gein's proxy, if anything.

Seriously, Gein looks like his Krosmaster?! Then again, daddy looks just as deformed in his current incarnation, so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised...

The leader of the Sram pack does look like a formidable foe indeed. Saw his concept art on the Wakfu facebook and he almost looks like a wrestler under those garments.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751396  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté July 03, 2014, 11:20:36 | #10
Any thoughts on this mysterious Chad O' Marsy? Is he really just a random adventurous Sram? Seems so convenient, no? My first thought, when I saw his art, was that it was Gein in his new duds, but then again, Srambad probably has more characters than just Sram and his offspring.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751149  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté June 30, 2014, 10:31:02 | #11

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 29 June 2014 12:36) *
Rar file with all the dialogues and books from Srambad, for those who can't access it yet. I've assumed that after tons of speculation based on fake clues after the Pandora update, it will be a good idea to post all the lore stuff from new quests here to avoid this scenario in the future.
Major, I know I don't say this often enough, but thank you! At least low-levellers like me can get a taste of the ongoing story instead of having to watch French youtubes or reading vague references on forums.
If only someone had been as kind with the Harebourg quest as wel...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750430  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté June 24, 2014, 16:31:28 | #12

Quote (monsterslam @ 24 June 2014 14:58) *

Quote (Nox16 @ 20 June 2014 22:40) *

Ok so ive done the sram quest and they have stolen the gods powers.... im not really sure what to make of this turn of events. I mean i know in the dofus era these voyagers were trying to get things from the god dimensions. But stealing a gods power. I wonder what they are going to do with it?Furthermore who exactly is pandora*has done the bits i could of enutrof dimension* She has an account already there. I mean we know shes has memory issues... hmmm. not sure what to make of it.
Dont read if you havent done the divine dimension quests yet. *goes for enutrof area as well*
So it seems I was right when I thought of it, Gods were absent because they had no powers..And to be exact, the dimensional voyagers (according the questline in Dofus) were trying to get an ore that is only found in divine dimensions, Orichor, which they needed to power themselves so they can travel to other dimensions..I am not sure why did they steal the gods' powers, not even a single clue from the NPCs in Dofus, however I will do the Srambad questline there and see if something's different.

and I agree with the above post, this would be an interesting year.

Maybe this 'Orichor' is part of the gods' power? Maybe they use it too to travel in between worlds? Is there any sign of it in the current Srambad?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #748821  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté June 23, 2014, 11:14:55 | #13

Quote (Nox16 @ 20 June 2014 22:40) *

Ok so ive done the sram quest and they have stolen the gods powers.... im not really sure what to make of this turn of events. I mean i know in the dofus era these voyagers were trying to get things from the god dimensions. But stealing a gods power. I wonder what they are going to do with it?Furthermore who exactly is pandora*has done the bits i could of enutrof dimension* She has an account already there. I mean we know shes has memory issues... hmmm. not sure what to make of it.
Dont read if you havent done the divine dimension quests yet. *goes for enutrof area as well*

Ok, I stand corrected: if the above is a lead for the future storylines, this year will turn out interesting after all. I even see links with the Harebourg storyline too. I do hope Ryf can get them to tie it all together soon.
This would explain the reason for their continued absence in the World of Twelve too, btw. Nice!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #748435  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté June 17, 2014, 12:38:20 | #14

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 17 June 2014 12:13) *
They're the best plot addition since the Wild Estate revamp/Dofus Monster: Bworker making orcs into something more than expandable generic evil barbarians. We've basically got a vaguely victorian secret (to some degree) society, which will allow us to explore realms which existed in the background materials for ages - and all that without jumping the shark.

In addition to that, Pandora is a rather likable character, at least in the prequel quest - and it looks like she's going to guide the player through the dimensions; her design is rather nice ans suggests that Ankama finally realized why oversexualized female models shouldn't be the way to go (by the way, notice how none of the Srambad enemies is the typical oversexualized Dofus Sram, and that this class was usually used as the main proof of Ankama's problems with sexism in their games. Winds of change are blowing). Soooo I don't see a single downside, aaaand from writing standpoint, there's nothing wrong with the Voyagers.

My word, not a single note of criticism? That's not lilke you, Major. Have they bribed you or something?

And about the oversexualized female Sram, they fixed that in Wakfu long time ago, didn't they? Our female Sram looks nothing like the Sramettes back then.

And about that secret society: they just seem too conventient for me, filling up the holes they need to get to Ingloriom. But maybe I'll be surprised in the future...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #745831  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté June 17, 2014, 09:34:46 | #15

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 17 June 2014 00:04) *
You've just called the Voyagers "deus ex machina" and the said that making them "family of the Eliatropes" would make them better...? Seriously? Dude, do you know how much of a deus ex machina - a really lame one, to be honest - Eliatropes are? The less Eliatropes in the game, the better. They just got rid of the only plot-relevant one dude to a copyright debate, it'd be better if this wasn't changed. Leave voyagers as their own thing.
Eliatropes aside, do you, at the moment, believe the Voyagers are an interesting plot addition?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #745747  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté June 16, 2014, 23:29:36 | #16

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 16 June 2014 18:45) *
They have nothing to do with Harebourg, that's for sure - Sylargh appears in the prelude quest, because it's a convenient way of explaining the basics.

The portal people, aka the Dimensional Voyagers, apparently just... like to explore other planes of existence, it seems. It's hard to tell anything definite, for now. Gein tried to kill their leader, and they're searching for a mineral which can be only found in the Divine Dimensions, that's what we know right now.
Oh, that's too bad (both answers). I really thought Sylargh recognized her and they may had a previous encounter. Then again, if I read the updates on the Dofus site, it seems everyone knew the Dimensional Voyagers back then...

I truly hope they'll find an interesting angle to flesh out these voyagers. Otherwise they do seem just another deus ex machina to create more worlds. They could be so much interesting things... Precedessors/followers of Feca... Family of the Eliatropes... There are many portal handlers these days, so it would be fun to link them.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #745537  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté June 16, 2014, 17:03:23 | #17

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 16 June 2014 16:50) *

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 16 June 2014 16:27) *
Does anyone actually know where the name Gein comes from? Doens't sound like a typical French reference. I almost see some German in there...
I might be wrong, but Gein isn't a German name - it's apparently Irish. At the same time, one of the most famous serial killers was named Ed Gein - buuut his modus operandi doesn't seem to have too much to do with this Gein.

(aaaalso, DP isn't a demigod, but a minor god, it's... sort of a big difference. )

I stand corrected on the DP thing. Maybe for the better: which god would have made such ugly baby?

The Gein serial killer reference at least makes some sense. As son of the god of assassins, rogues and thieves, one could expect that.

Any other news about the major plotline of this year by the way (Pandora and such)? I would love to hear the theories on why the gods managed to survive in Ingloriom? Because atm, it does not seem so very story driven... But then again, because I don't play Dofus, I have no idea about
Pandora and the portal people or where they came from or what their purpose or link with Harebourg or the gods is.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #745389  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté June 16, 2014, 16:27:16 | #18
Does anyone actually know where the name Gein comes from? Doens't sound like a typical French reference. I almost see some German in there...

It would be interesting to see another demi-god in action though... Dragon Pig really wasn't my thing :-)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #745375  Replies : 682  Views : 21922
posté May 27, 2014, 23:24:19 | #19

Quote (kasperomaster @ 12 May 2014 18:04) *
how to fishing?
Pardon?

Thread : Fan Fiction  Preview message : #737281  Replies : 11  Views : 2411
posté May 19, 2014, 22:58:50 | #20

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 16 May 2014 23:09) *
I wonder whether such growth rapidly depletes the soil quality and drains the water table? I'd imagine the answer to both is yes, and if so, it probably explains why such magic is used in limited quantities. (not to mention the difficulty of providing enough carbohydrate synthesis, as there is generally no time for the plant to put forth enough leaves for photosynthesis!)

Too much nature magic would render an area unable to support most life, in a number of different ways: draining of Wakfu, water, and minerals.

Overall, I think the Sadida magic and such is an excellent example of how dangerous too much Wakfu can be. It fits in well with what Ogrest does via his manipulation of Wakfu and Stasis. Too much of a good thing can be worse, in some cases, than not enough!

Question : we're only now considering Wakfu as a 'life force' (as in contrast to Stasis), but Wakfu can also be used for less conventional ways, like the manipulation of Time by the Xelors or the creation of mechanics by the Cra. Either this is a way of their respective gods to reward them for their 'sacrifice' of their life force, but then again, it would remedy the problem of the environment being depleted or weakened by the use of Wakfu. Case in point: the giant tree of the Noxine could actually could have lived for a few 100 years in the blink of an eye thanks to the Wakfu boost.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #733575  Replies : 682  Views : 21922