Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

GrimackReapum's profile
Statistics
424 Posts (0.43 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 18:22:42 | #1

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 20 August 2014 17:47) *
Guys, I would advise to keep N the Hedgehog out of the thread, just in case. I think he might be a taboo on the forums after Tot's statement. Since nothing of value was lost, I guess nobody will be hurt anyway.

Also, since Nelson didn't post it: one of Ankama's artists uploaded what seems to be an early draft of Xelorium to his gallery (3 most recent images.

Woohoo, those sketches look great! Very mysterious...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764774  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté Yesterday - 15:49:00 | #2

I can see your point but there has been plenty of costumes that have come and gone while I was away from wakfu
I wont be able to obtain them unless i spend a silly amount of money in game to possibly get them - someone could do the same for shakishako

yes I can understand lots of ppl want this costume cause it is rly nice and the way to obtain it was really really dumb

but I'm petty and it would make my purchase seem a bit obsolete when someone could then purchase the costume for around £4?

but whatever will happen will happen, I'm just not looking forward to the day when they do come on sale and ill have people pm-ing me laughing at the fact that i never sold mine when the going was good

I can see your point too, but isn't that the problem with purchases like that in general? I mean, I spent a lot of money when the Brotherhood of Tofu krosmasters came out in France and now they can be bought in a simple set from the official dealers and not some shady ebay seller. I really feel stupid now, but then again, I enjoyed them for about a year before they became mainstream... sure, their 'collector value' decreased enormously, but I still like them, they look pretty and no one is gonna take that away from me.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764731  Replies : 18  Views : 421
posté Yesterday - 15:37:45 | #3

Quote (Delaz @ 20 August 2014 15:26) *

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 20 August 2014 00:30) *
PD: Tot about Nail situation: Click here

Who is this Nail you speak of? I did some light googling and he looks like a awesome character(is he a sacrier or eliatrope)

So, is this an official statement that N never existed? I thought that was already a done deal (which I still believe is a shame as I have still not discovered the entire story behind him and Balthazar)

This post has been edited by GrimackReapum - August 20, 2014, 15:50:50.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764728  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté Yesterday - 12:30:33 | #4
I'm sorry to hear this. Now I don't want to sound insensitive about your loss, but can you give any pointers to us on how to 'prepare' for this. I mean, are there logs or something we can fall back on should our characters be deleted? Not that they will be restored or anything, but if nothing more as proof to ourself?

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #764685  Replies : 7  Views : 350
posté Yesterday - 11:45:41 | #5

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 20 August 2014 00:30) *

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 19 August 2014 11:47) *

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Can't imagine Harebourg's real face though... a Xelor without mask or bandages :-P

My friend said he's pretty handsome, she fell in love xD

I read the same thing. This apparently made Yugo even more jealous of Harebourg's plan to 'steal' Amalia from him :-p

For those interested in a summary : Click here

Read at your own risk!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764678  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 19, 2014, 11:47:39 | #6

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 19 August 2014 11:34) *
Those are based on the unused concept art from 2008 (or earlier) and won't made it into the actual game (dunno what will be the fate of the baby Ogrest and Katar shown alongside them, only Nidas, QoT and Dark Vlad were confirmed as future releases and iirc only those "Harebourgs" were stated to be old unused prototypes). The mechanical eye from the ovas is apparently simply a glowing circle, basically a monocle.

Too bad. For a moment there I was hopeful again... It was probably a reference to his early design as seen in the tcg

I've read the summary of the first ova, by the way. Lots of going on indeed...
Can't imagine Harebourg's real face though... a Xelor without mask or bandages :-P

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764400  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 19, 2014, 10:51:01 | #7
Here a picture of the Krosmaster previews of the japan expo. Are the two in the back representations of Harebourg and his mechanical eye or are they something else entirely. I see Ogrest too, so there could be a link. 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764387  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 18, 2014, 17:58:40 | #8

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 18 August 2014 17:52) *

Shit, this might mean that translating it to Polish and the to English wasn't as great of an idea than I've assumed. :C The point stands, though

It's 10 times as gruesome as we described, there are 3 episodes and we're contantly poking fun at/complaining about one. The rest isn't better. Do the math.

Did you all actually see it? I still feel stupid for missing out the Ankama Convention only two hours drive from my home...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764144  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 18, 2014, 17:45:24 | #9

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 18 August 2014 17:40) *

Yuuup, the "for ages" part preeeetty much eliminates Amalia from the list. think of it, she's 16, that doesn't count as "for ages" for someone who has lived for centuries already. Granted, ovas are so poorly written that logic may not apply.
Is it that bad, you ask? I'm pretty sure we're reading the same lore thread, sooo that's a question you should ask yourself. ;V

I did not ask: "is that bad?", but I asked "is it thàt bad?" as in "is it really as gruesome as you described" because I'm shitting my pants already... Now I'm almost fearful to watch the OVAs and I felt so good before we reached that goal in kickstarter... :-(

And "des années" is translated as 'years' not 'ages' Major...

This post has been edited by GrimackReapum - August 18, 2014, 17:46:20.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764140  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 18, 2014, 17:25:57 | #10

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 18 August 2014 17:08) *

Grimack, try to translate it again, I'm 99% sure that the phrasing eliminates this option. Also, bear in mind that it's quite likely that this line isn't even in the ova :x A plenty has changed in the meanwhile, and let's not forget the most significant legal battle in Ankama's history.

Overall, I think that trying to come up with anything coherent with this ova garvage is pointless. It simply won't fit. It's harder to link it to the game/manga/whatever than the infamous DP announcement. But hey, we still haven't seen the final part of the quest, and RyF's track record is excelelnt, so there's nothing to worry about. Unless since it's pushed back, someone decided to rework it in the vein of the ovas - I hope it's not the case, though. That would be even more stupid than the frozen carrot helmet. :I

I'm quite sure it translates something in the line of : "I've been burning to meet you for years" Why would that exclude Amalia? Because she's too young? Maybe he was interested in her since her birth? (gods know why though)

About that Frigost storyline: it would be something if we could have some official confirmation about that... it seems to have been pushed back indefinitely. Unless they're gonna tie it in with the Ingloriom storyline...

Quote (Aacher @ 18 August 2014 16:31) *
Bah, OVA Harebourg seems to be totally removed from his in-game and manga (franga? ;p ) incarnations. All he shares is the name: appearance, personality, skill set, associates, and ability are all significantly altered.

;_;

Is it really that bad? Not a shred of the orignal Count left?  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764137  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 18, 2014, 15:43:32 | #11

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 18 August 2014 15:04) *
I just wanted to recall the Quotes given in the conference last year:

"Je brûle de vous rencontrer depuis des années." Le Comte

Do we know to whom he said that quote? Or are they just 'random' quotes uttered somewhere in the OVA? The logical person would be
Amalia, since he wants to marry her

I do hope this all fits in a larger story frame though, as Harebourg seems to be appearing more, yet becoming more confusing at the same time...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764109  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 15, 2014, 11:24:26 | #12
I don't get it, Nelson.

The quote you're referring to says they can contradict one another :
les mangas n'ont jamais été la base du BG de dofus pour la bonne raison qu'ils sont parfois en totale contradiction avec le BG et la time line du jeu

So how do you figure they're doing things different now? (sorry, I don't get the 'Others' reference in the Ogrest manga)

This post has been edited by GrimackReapum - August 15, 2014, 11:26:56.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763260  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 14, 2014, 17:24:27 | #13
Shak Shaka costume!! A chance to get the Shak Shaka costume? And a good chance as well?

Please tell me we'll get this too (mystery box costume) :

Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762921  Replies : 18  Views : 421
posté August 14, 2014, 16:11:56 | #14

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 14 August 2014 16:08) *
Well, there's alway the "game and show are separate" school of thinking... Which seems pretty attractive right now, actually, since the ovas throw everything we've learned out of the window. And are simply poorly written, unlike most pieces of media we're talking about here, it's not the matter of canon - I'm pretty sure I said it either here, or on tumblr, or both here and on tumblr multiple times. It's like another take on the setting, which is infintely worse than anything before. Including Les Gardiens and the Dofus Arena manga.

And, I dunno, RyF's reply wasn't very optimistic if I'm interpreting it correctly...? I guess this is the closest thing to "don't take ovas seriously" we'll get from anyone official... ;V I can be wrong, though.

Well, let's ask him, just to be safe :-)

RyF, do you and the team take the show and other sources into account when writing lore and background? I mean, we know you can't use the gardiens anymore because of legal reasons, but other than that... like comics and manga and so on?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762908  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 14, 2014, 16:01:04 | #15

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 14 August 2014 15:54) *
But it matches the
rumors about Harebourg wearing an ice mask in the first ova episode from two independent sources

Aaaand RyF's phrasing made it unclear whether this... thing is in the ovas or not. Since they're a trainwreck and contradict canon in multiple new, exciting ways I guess it doesn't matter all that much, anyway.

Well, that's the question, isn't it. If the ova's are official sources of lore also made by Ankama existing next to the games and other stuff, who are we to decide they are wrong? I mean, shouldn't they be taken just as serious as all other lore sources??

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762904  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 14, 2014, 15:01:17 | #16
This picture doesn't match the
'real face and glowing monocle and such' reveals
from the thread though...

But then again RyF confirmed that he hadn't seen this face in the ova's either...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762893  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 14, 2014, 09:59:10 | #17
Maybe if I repeat my question here, I'll get a better answer about the joining of Enutrof and Sram in the Divine Dimensions :

"This may sound real stupid, but what does this mean exactly? From what I've heard and read, the gods ally themselves on regular basis (for example when fighting a certain sobbing ogre). And in the lore thread I've read the story on how these two gods conceived the plan of creating the Dofus together.

So does this alliance has any influence or effect on the World of Twelve? Or is it just the reveal/reason/explanation why you can go from Srambad directly to Enurado?"

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762855  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 13, 2014, 11:57:48 | #18
This may sound real stupid, but what does this mean exactly? From what I've heard and read, the gods ally themselves on regular basis (for example when fighting a certain sobbing ogre). And in the lore thread I've read the story on how these two gods conceived the plan of creating the Dofus together.

So does this alliance has any influence or effect on the World of Twelve? Or is it just the reveal/reason/explanation why you can go from Srambad directly to Enurado?

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #762592  Replies : 14  Views : 472
posté August 12, 2014, 17:47:43 | #19

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 12 August 2014 16:14) *
The Lenald of the quest sends you to ask Dark Vlad about "Lazeliane"'s (Razeriane) pupils, when you ask Dark Vlad more about her, he tells you to leave the forest and that's it.

About the Sinistros, you only can read this. (may be there's something interesting for you in their drops?) [extra]
Well, except for the fact that Harebourg's an expert on Sinistro-building, that doesn't reveal a whole lot indeed. I do must get reading on all that Dofus Harebourg info. Never knew there was so much story there. Thanks for sharing, Nelson!

The other Protector Jiva is referring to... is that Ulgrude?

This post has been edited by GrimackReapum - August 12, 2014, 17:48:26.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762366  Replies : 781  Views : 25549
posté August 11, 2014, 14:35:41 | #20

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 11 August 2014 10:21) *
Sorry for the autoquote :S
This dialog in a Pandala quest is many years old in Dofus game, but I've just realized that name should/must be the name of the Aerafal's Sadida doll: Razeriane.

PD: Grimack, those were spoilers we get from people who watched the special episodes, some friends, other acquaintances or anonymous sources.

Right, that explains a lot, Nelson. Thanks!

About the Dofus... is Razeriane mentioned in the rest of the conversation or is this it?

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 10 August 2014 19:43) *
Also, you're right, in Dofus Harebourg has his own mob family - his sinitros. I've assumed that they were rebuilt into Mechas by Sylargh later - that's how I interpret Klap-klap's "in the image of the master" lines.

Concerning those Sinistros. Do we actually have any more info on them? I noticed the Dofus bestiary does not contain any more details on them.

I mean, from Harebourg in Dofus being the only one in possession of Sinistros to them becoming the staple pet of every Xelor in Wakfu... they must be of some importance, no? I don't know what Harebourg's fascination with owls was (probably wanting to imitate the great Owls or something?) and I understand that in Wakfu Sylargh hasn't adopted this fascination and just went all over the place with the designs for his Mechas... but still, why did the Xelors take them on?

I personally like these critters a lot. Saved my life many a times, but them being absent in Dofus except for Frigost fascinates me...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761952  Replies : 781  Views : 25549