Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

GrimackReapum's profile
Statistics
615 Posts (0.55 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 07:12:02 | #1

Quote (Sabi @ 18 December 2014 23:06) *

Quote (Multimediapanda @ 18 December 2014 22:20) *

The concerns of the community are valid, and we actually thought about those aspects too, but the gift that is actually offered with the code made us have to compromise to keep its rarity, so either we had to limit the amount of codes or we couldn't proceed, therefore we picked to go with 100 codes per community with the added challenge of different codes per community and we preferred to know that at least many of you will be able to enjoy their gifts than not have an event at all.
I'm afraid I don't get this argument. You have dealt out codes that could be used 1000 times (like the Justice Table). Why does the fact that it is a code explain for its rarity?

Thread : News  Preview message : #811837  Replies : 26  Views : 728
posté Yesterday - 07:09:09 | #2

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 18 December 2014 23:04) *

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 17 December 2014 22:38) *
As for the things Ankama has planned for the Eliotropes... a part of me hopes they will be intertwined in the larger story they are developing at the moment
And then you wonder why I usually dismiss all you say in the lore thread. No wonder, when half of it is pointless like this and the other half proves you didn't even check the sources (cawwot dofus says hi).

Also, stop comparing everything to Multimen. It's irritating.
Do tell me, Major: why do you insist in making any and all lore related questions and threads into personal assaults? You don't like me or don't like Eliotropes, that much is clear, but then please just steer clear of threads containing both instead of coming here and attacking me with facts that transpired in another thread over half a year ago.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #811834  Replies : 22  Views : 826
posté December 17, 2014, 22:38:58 | #3

Quote (Carnviroiasiraed @ 17 December 2014 18:26) *
I agree with you, and i will tell you a little story that happened some years ago.

When the Rogue and Masqueraider classes were released on dofus some time ago, they were introduced as 2 different cults/clans/group of people that were in a long standing war, im pretty sure they said that we would be hearing about that soon. Now i haven't played dofus fo some time so i dont know if they finally implemented something related to that, but i've never heard anything else of them and im still waiting.

So when they tell you that they will "explain" or give lore about a new class i dont actually expect much from them, actually its quite impressive they gave us a full paragraph. I would bet that the interview with whoever is in charge of lore will pretty much tell us the same information that that paragraph, the rest will probably be answered with: "Thats information we cant give you now, but hang on and wait some time to find out!!"

In any case, i hope im wrong and ankama has something planned for all this. Also i kinda understand that right now there is a problem with having Dofus and Wakfu in the same universe, and everytime they want to make a new class they will have to pull some mambo jambo magic so they appear in dofus and noone remembered them in wakfu or something in that style

I actually didn't know that, about the planned gang war between the Maqueraiders and the Rogues. It does explain this recurring theme in the comics and such. Thanks!

As for the things Ankama has planned for the Eliotropes... a part of me hopes they will be intertwined in the larger story they are developing at the moment (or at least I assume they are), but since they were introduced mostly as a fan pleasing, gameplay focused gizmo, I would have to agree with you that whatever lore they will bring us, it will be little and but a patch-up of the hurried release of the class.

It seems the release of the Foggernauts in Wakfu was far more orchestrated, with an event (invasion), related articles in the mag, even the first krosmaster figure was an all-new Fogger... I miss that in this release. :-( It's Multimen all over...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810836  Replies : 22  Views : 826
posté December 17, 2014, 09:11:08 | #4

Quote (Carnviroiasiraed @ 17 December 2014 07:21) *
The lore is already there, its a paragraph that someone already posted on top of mine, if you want a resume its pretty much about woopsy doopsy magic mambo jambo everyone forgets elios when we need them to be forgotten..
I believe you, but since they promised to try and answers our questions, I would love to hear it from RyF & co.
They said they would do it, then they said they had the answers by friday, now it's wednesday. So I keep inquiring until they fulfill their promise. I'm quite sure RyF won't let us down.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810594  Replies : 22  Views : 826
posté December 17, 2014, 01:34:36 | #5

Quote (RyF @ 10 December 2014 18:17) *
Hi everybody,

we have the questions in hand and I'll be checking with the in-house BG gurus and the Dofus designer (and friend of mine) [Halden] tomorrow afternoon on that matter.
So expect the answers' post around Friday, if nothing gets lost in translation (*wink*).

cheers,

RyF

Any news on this?

And will the Eliotropes receive a class book and a proper class emblem like the others too or is this too much to be wishing for?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810383  Replies : 22  Views : 826
posté December 16, 2014, 15:47:12 | #6

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 16 December 2014 15:44) *
what has set damage?

Doesn't one Eliotrope spell have such non-reducable damage?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810191  Replies : 18  Views : 589
posté December 15, 2014, 16:12:32 | #7
As your class is determined by the god you worship, I see it very unlikely to have a dual class, no? Even if you pray both ways, you gotta choose one above the other or none of them will grant you powers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #809602  Replies : 4  Views : 257
posté December 15, 2014, 11:55:04 | #8
If Pandora's outfit is a watcher's uniform, does that mean the Voyagers in Wakfu are actually Watchers?

Because the Voyagers from Dofus look completely different, while this looks very much like the few Travellers around in Ingloriom.

Found this cool concept art on FB. Haven't been to Xelorium in beta, so I was very pleasantly surprised :

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #809504  Replies : 1504  Views : 54220
posté December 13, 2014, 00:38:00 | #9
Wow, thanks for the update, Nelson! That's a lot of reading/typing! And quite interesting too. Still confusing with the predestination of Echo... so she's protected by Xelor and his 'guardians of time' because she has a role to play in the future? So if I interpret this correctly, in the era of wakfu we have Echo who's still looking to rebuild the 'box that can hold the gods' powers' and we have Pandora, who unlike her namesake, is actually a sort of representative of the gods... or at least a supporter of their cause?

Btw, I'm probably gonna get scolded for this, but I didn't know the Sisterhood of Dathura had a headquarters in the sewers of Astrub? Nice touch though. Do the other factions have hang-outs like this too? I know about the Cult one, of course...

This post has been edited by GrimackReapum - December 13, 2014, 00:58:26.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #808289  Replies : 1504  Views : 54220
posté December 10, 2014, 15:50:39 | #10
Eliotrope Lore? Any news on when we'll receive some answers to our questions? The class has been released now and we're heading for Xelorium, so let's keep the Eliotrope momentum and please don't slide this under the (Anka)mat...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807011  Replies : 22  Views : 826
posté December 09, 2014, 19:02:30 | #11
Google translate :

"The Drakopins born under the waters of Sufokia, in a huge cave discovered by Eliotropes. These miniature dragons in need of affection are very loyal companions. When a Drakopin takes you, it's for life! When your evenings with adventurers, expect him to warm the atmosphere or to lighten the mood with his grimaces. For some obscure story of eggs, Drakopins adore the souls of Stirches. The circus Cania is their chosen area."

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #806601  Replies : 1504  Views : 54220
posté December 09, 2014, 15:09:52 | #12
Click here

Well, it seems a little bit is known about the 'new' Drakopin/Friendrake. Can anyone with Dofus connections give us the full description?

Only thing I can read is that they've been 'discovered' in a cave beneath the Sufokian Ocean by the Eliotropes. So not really a familiar or something. With his looks, he should have been Odamai's stand-in for the Eliotropes...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #806550  Replies : 1504  Views : 54220
posté December 09, 2014, 14:17:34 | #13
And no lore about the Eliotropes? I would have so hoped RyF would have answered our questions by now... :-(

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #806534  Replies : 185  Views : 3612
posté December 09, 2014, 00:13:45 | #14

Quote (RoboTrigger @ 08 December 2014 19:40) *

Quote (TargetMePlz @ 08 December 2014 15:40) *
If you use the Whispers Whisper taunt on all five windows at a nation's wild prarie you'll enter a fight against Gobbsage which will always give you a Gobbsage equip when you defeat him. Have to do it quickly or else you won't be able to fight him.

This is why we have trust issues.

But to be honest, can you really ever trust someone with the honorific 'Sinister Six'?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #806279  Replies : 5  Views : 477
posté December 08, 2014, 15:32:28 | #15
Still no lore update? :-(

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #806104  Replies : 185  Views : 3612
posté December 05, 2014, 22:15:32 | #16

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 05 December 2014 18:05) *
As for the positive things: really glad to hear about the potential March/Febuary stuff (as long as it's following the older game story, not the ova...) - hopefully the wrap-up will involve all the loose ends, especially those with large vials on their backs. Or those with two-handed swords. And no cawwots.

Can we have some confirmation of this, RyF? Do the new storylines (or old ones) contain links to the ovas and such (like Echo, Harebourg's origin, the disappearance of Sylargh, ...)?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #805209  Replies : 1504  Views : 54220
posté December 05, 2014, 12:41:17 | #17
Yes, but they are finishing the voyager storyline, so that seems very... sudden. Then again, Echo is more or less revealed, so I assume they'll wait for the next wakfu season to expand on her character.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #805073  Replies : 1504  Views : 54220
posté December 05, 2014, 11:06:54 | #18
Click here

I thought the remaining Divine Dimensions were already being developed??

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #805027  Replies : 1504  Views : 54220
posté December 04, 2014, 16:51:10 | #19
I must say I am quite surprised at how nice the spell animations look with this class and interact nicely with the portals. All in all a visually pleasing class.

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #804710  Replies : 205  Views : 9226
posté December 04, 2014, 11:08:52 | #20

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 04 December 2014 10:58) *

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 04 December 2014 10:02) *

Quote (Raphael-Raven @ 04 December 2014 02:03) *
Got the Comixology mangas but...they're in french. I mean the art is nice but i'd be good if they added an english option as well since the kickstarted was targeting the english speaking userbase.

Are you sure? I've got mine in English...
It appears a mistake was made and lots of people got their manga's in french. On the kickstarter comment page a huge amount of people are pissed.

through we dont get the 3rd manga i hope comixology at least translate it soon, i wanna read it!
I do know that when I clicked the link, I was asked to go to Cosmixology.fr, but if you declined that, it worked out fine for me.

Then again, it took them sometime before they got the english audio on netflix over here too, so I guess we'll just have to give them some time to fix their mistakes...again.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #804614  Replies : 44  Views : 1847